Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paradise_acres

OBF - need two trades - any takers?

paradise_acres
15 years ago

Hi All, wanting to join Our Bloomin friends group and need to complete two trades.

We have a ton of mixed zinnia and mixed marigold seeds left from last year. Just picked purple butterfly bush seeds, bearded tongue (husker red penstemone) seeds, a few purple/yellow johnny jump up seeds, can send cuttings from red twig dogwood and purple sand cherry and/or purple or stella D'O daylilies, or purple liathis.

We're looking for mainly purple, burgandy, red, white and unique flowers. Thanks! Jay & Rhonda

Comments (12)

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Hi Rhonda,
    If you are wanting to just trade seeds it is really easy on the seed exchange forum. Sometimes it is easier to get started making a few direct swaps rather than in the groups. There are more individual traders out there so you have more choices
    Groups are fun but not always the fastest or best way to go.
    Just my two cents worth and it's probably worth even less than that :q)
    Happy trading
    BB

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

I would love to take you up on the offer, but I have nothing to offer you.

I am sure someone will come along who can trade with you.

:) Fran

• jaleeisa
    15 years ago

Not meaning to be a busy body, but I think that Rhonda and Jay are trying to find two OBF members to trade with to meet the requirements to become a member of OBF. Rhonda and Jay, please correct me if I'm wrong, and all of you, feel free to tell me to mind my own business :) I think they were listing their haves and preferences to that goal.

Kathy

• diene
    15 years ago

I had thought that OBF was trying not to be so exclusive but I guess I misunderstood.
    Jay and Rhonda, there are lots of groups that would be pleased to have you as members without an initiation. Try the Make New Friends, Cracked Pot or Pedal Pushers. Lots of people are members of more than one group so you will meet some of the same people with the challenges.
    diene

• paradise_acres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Life is good, simply looking to make 2 trades in the comings and join OBF ........ Thanks! :) j&R

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I will be happy to do a seed trade with you, and if you post your request on the obf thread, you will get a lot more takers. we look forward to having you in our group, we are not exclusive just protective of our members, I have pretty dark blue delphinum seeds , lupine, a pretty varigated grass, and carpet penstemon, I just harvested. white marigold and love lies bleeding, commercial seeds. plmk. thankyou carol

• paradise_acres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Carol, what kind of seeds would you like to trade? Or would you prefer daylilies? Our Stella D'O are of ample supply. (The remaining are coming but not quite big enough to share) We just picked burgandy dianthus, hot pink holly hock and dark pink zinnias tonight as well as those listed above. We would be interested in your dark blue delphinium, carpet penstemon, white marigold and love lies bleeding. :) Just let us know - email us your address and we'll get them shipped off to you! thanks! Jay & Rhonda

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

If you still need to set up a second trade, I will be happy to do that with you... however, it will be next week before I can arrange for things. So, if someone else offers before that, okay. If not, just e-mail me next week and we will set up a trade.
    Will be happy to have you join in on the fun!
    Jeanne

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hi Jay & Rhonda!
    As a matter of fact, I'm needing 2 trades to join also. Why don't we kill 2 birds with 1 stone and trade?
    I have lots of veggie seeds and some flowers. what would you be interested in?

Joan

• paradise_acres
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Joan! Sounds Great!! What type of veggies seeds do you have? We're interested in trading almost anything that grows :) We're in the process of turning a 5 acre bean field into our paradise! Let us know your wishes & we'll get your things in the mail!

• veeja11
    15 years ago

The hot pink hollyhock and zinnias sound good, a trade with me and sandlapper, would be two obf trades. thankyou sand. I will send you my addy. I'm sure you will be a great addition to obf.

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

paradise_acres,
    Please send me an e-mail message with your mailing address then I can respond by e-mail to you with mine. As for what to send to me - let's stick to seeds - just a few in each packet of mixed zinnia, mixed marigolds, and purple butterfly bush seeds will suit me just fine. Take a look at my list and let me know what you are interested in and I will make sure I still have it. Are hollyhocks one of the plants you like? I think I have three types of hollyhock seeds and hollyhocks do not grow well for me, so if you want those, I will be happy to check and make sure I still have them. I also have a large amount of Marigold 'Jaguar' if you are interested in some of those. Anyway, take a look.
    Jeanne