Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daffknee_2000

NEW: Share your Favorites Swap

daffknee_2000
17 years ago

I would like to host a swap.

I have never hosted one before,so bear with me:)

* you will get back as many seeds as you send.

* please don't send more than 3 packets of any one kind.

* if you send more than 3 the rest will be passed out

as extras and to the Newbies.

*Please include a list of the seeds you are sending with your Gardenweb name, Real name and address(hoping to be easier to keep track)

* Also send a list of your wants.. I will try to make sure you get something off of your want list.

* I would like all seeds in by Sept 15th so, I will close this on Sept 10th to allow for enough time for everyones seeds to arrive.

*Newbies are welcome to join.

*Please post here it is easier to keep track of everyone.

*I will email you individually with the address to send your seeds.

when you send your seed please send postage and address label in a Bubble Envelope.

I will try to get these back in the mail by Sept 21th.

I am open to suggestions if I forgot to mention anything.

Hope to get lots of traders to join!

Lets get it started!

Comments (71)

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This swap is closed now, just waiting on a few more people to send in their seeds so we can get this under way.
    I will keep you posted as to when your seeds arrive and when I send out your new seeds to you. So far, it seems to have a great variety of seeds.
    Thanks to everyone for joining.
    Daphne

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

I emailed you through Gardenweb, but I have not had a response from you yet. Would you please email me with an email address that I can be sure to reach you at - hopefully this evening? Thanks very much! - Lisa

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Seeds are in the mail to you, Daphne!

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry for the delay Lisa, had trouble with my internet provider this past week. Everything is working fine now though. I have emailed you directly to let you know to go ahead and send your seeds. I am still waiting on yours and one other persons to arrive. As soon as they both arrive I will get them all sorted and back out to everyone. Hopefully, I can get them back in the mail next Saturday. A little later than expected, but life happens. Hope everyone isn't too disappointed that it may take a few more days to get them back out in the mail. I will post an update as soon as I have received the seeds and again when I am mailing them out.
    Thanks
    Daphne

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have received everyone's seeds. I will be spending the next two days sorting them all. I will mail them back out to everyone on Saturday morning. I will post again to let you know they are in the mail, please post when you receive your seeds.
    Thanks to everyone for sending their seeds in!
    Daphne

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

And thanks to you for hosting Daphne!

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry for the delay everyone. The seeds are in the mail. Hope everyone likes what they receive. This was alot of fun to host. Can't wait to join in on some more swaps and perhaps host a round robin next. Please post to let me know that you have received your seeds.
    Thanks to everyone for joining!
    Daphne

• candycow
    17 years ago

the seeds havent arrived yet maybe tommorow
    candy

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

I'm concerned because I haven't received my seeds yet. It only took 1 day for my envelope to get to you. Did you mail my pack on Sunday/Monday as well? Thanks. - Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

I'm concerned because I haven't received my seeds yet. It only took 1 day for my envelope to get to you. Did you mail my pack on Sunday/Monday as well? Thanks. - Lisa

• candycow
    17 years ago

mine didnt come today either
    candy

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I sent everyones seeds out on the same day. I dropped them in the mail at the post office on Sunday afternoon. I thought for sure some if not all of you would have received them by now. I have not received any of them back from the post office. I hope they get to you all soon.
    Daphne

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Has anyone received their seeds yet? I sent them out a week ago. I haven't received any of them back from the post office. Please post to let me know if you have received yours.
    Thanks
    Daphne

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Nothing here.

• zabecc
    17 years ago

nope not yet :(

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

Didn't receive them yet

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Daphne, I'll be glad to post the day I receive mine. Still nothing yet. - Lisa

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I spoke to the local post master today. She told me that she sent the envelopes out. She can't imagine what could be holding them up. She said she would email the Columbus post office to see if they had them held up for any reason. She also suggested that everyone call their local post offices to see if they were being held due to not enough postage. (she said she thought for sure that the postage amounts I told her were on them were fine, but she said it wouldn't hurt to check) Please let me know if anyone receives their seeds. I am terribly sorry about this, Who would have ever known this would happen. Makes me kinda leary to do any more swaps, and I'm sure it makes you all leary as well.
    Please let me know if you receive your seeds.
    Thanks
    Daphne

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne, nothing yet. My post office is not holding anything for me(so they say). I will let you know as soon as they get here.

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Daphne-
    I'm sorry to be skeptical... but it's been 2 weeks since you supposedly sent all of our packages out, and not one of us has received our seeds yet. How can it be that ALL of our packages got lost?!?!?! Anyone else have any thoughts on this matter?
    -Elizabeth

• candycow
    17 years ago

im sorry to be nasty but i cant believe the post office lost everyones either i cant help but feeling we have been had
    candy

• northerngirlz3
    17 years ago

Nope - nothing yet here either. Such a bummer - I was so looking forward to some new seeds.

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm sorry that the post office has lost all of everyones seeds. I cannot believe it either. I am just sickened at the thought of it. I did nothing out of the ordinary in the mailing back of the seeds. They should have arrived. I have never had a problem with seeds going out in the past and I have done several trades this year. I have been working on harvesting seeds from my garden. I don't think I can replace everything that we all lost, but I will send everyone some seeds out again. I know it won't make up for the lost seeds, but I hope it will help.
    Daphne

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Daphne-
    I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, so I hope you are telling the truth and if you are, it's unfortunate, but it's not your fault, it was nice of you to want to put this swap together, and maybe next time it will work as planned :D If you aren't though (cause I've heard that you've had trades that haven't gone through in the past) it is sad that you would do this friendly and generous swappers.
    -Elizabeth

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Elizabeth,
    Can you tell me with whom I have made trades that didn't go through. If that happened, no one emailed me to let me know. I like to make good on all of my trades.
    Daphne

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Really Daphne!! I've emailed you when my seeds never arrived after making a trade with you almost 2 mos.ago and you used the same excuse "the post office lost them" you said you would send some more but of course they never arrived either. I am disappointed not so much for the loss of the seeds for the loss of trust, because after all it comes down to your word.
    I find it very unlikely that the post office lost that many seeds.
    Wendey

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wendeyzee,
    I emailed you when you said you didn't receive the seeds and I also sent another packet right back out to you. I never received either packet back from the Post Office, so I can only assume you received them. If you didn't receive the 2nd packet I sent out why didn't you email me to let me know? I am rather disappointed that you didn't let me know about this matter. I could have resent you more seeds again. I find it really disgusting that you didn't let me know prior to now that you never received them and that you would rather ignore the rules of Gardenweb to nastily inform me of the problem. I have traded with several people this year who can all say they received the seeds I have sent. When are people going to realize that the Post Office isn't perfect and they do lose mail? I am really sorry that you didn't receive your seeds from me. If you still want them, let me know what they were and I will send them out again (this being the third packet I would have sent to you)
    Daphne

• zabecc
    17 years ago

I'm sorry Daphne, but I can't break the confidence of the person who told me. I just wanted to make you aware that it seems this has happened more and more with you.
    I'm not trying to be harsh, just honest.

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

Just to let you know, I checked with my local post office and they are not holding any envelopes for me.

Since you have not reported a response from the investigation you instituted with your local Postmaster on October 2, I phoned your local post office this morning to inquire as to your request for investigation into lost packages mailed on or about September 25. I should have a response in a few days from your Postmaster as she was not in when I called. Eleven lost envelopes should not be taken likely and it really appears from your email and the others here that your post office is losing a lot of mail. Mail fraud and theft are very serious crimes and this post office should be made aware of so many lost packages originating from their office or claiming to have originated from their office.

I do hope they find our packages - personally I sent you 30 packs of seeds. I'm sure you would have had a return address on every one of your envelopes so they would be mailed back to you if there was an insufficient address or postage. So I do have hope that they may be returned to you.

Daphne, please also keep us apprised of what unfolds from your October 2 investigation with your Postmaster and I will be happy to assist you with further investigation myself. Maybe a few others here can help Daphne as well by phoning her local Post Office. - Lisa

• northerngirlz3
    17 years ago

I sent in 26 packs of seed, along with plenty of return postage.

I looked up on the US Postal service website about lost mail, and this is what I found:

When First\-Class Mail does not arrive, we have no sure way of knowing what may have happened to the item. Only Registered MailTM and Express Mail® items are accounted during their entire journey through the mail system. However, we encourage you to file a complaint of your non\-received mail with us. If expected mail has not arrived after sufficient time has elapsed (we suggest you wait 14 days from its date of mailing), please fill out PS Form 1510, Mail Loss/Rifling Report. This form is available at your local Post OfficeTM. Another option you have is to contact your local Consumer Affairs office. Whichever way you choose, a postal employee will assist you in completing your inquiry. Specifics will be directed to the Inspection Service Operation Support (ISOS) office for the state in which the article was mailed.

If my seeds do not arrive soon, I will enter an inquiry, perhaps you will choose to do the same.

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Northerngirlz3 and Lisa-
    Thanks for suggesting that to everyone here. I have inquired from my local post master and haven't heard anything back from her yet. It might be good if everyone here contacts the PO and complains. Maybe they will find the packages and get them out to you all. I am very upset about this whole mess but what can I do about it? Nothing but let the PO know what happened and see if they can find them. I just find it so hard to believe that everyone here has not received their seeds. I hope they arrive to you all soon.
    Daphne

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Daphne, I have not received my seeds either. Amy

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Daphne, any news yet about the missing seeds? Just wondering.

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have not heard anything about the seeds either. I will talk to the post master on Saturday when I stop in to mail everyone here out some seeds in good faith. I will be sending them with delivery confirmation this time. I am involved in one other round robin and that will be my last swap with Gardenweb. I just don't have the patience for the postal system or for people accusing me of not sending their packages out. You can all look back here on Saturday to get your delivery confirmation numbers for the new packages I will be sending. At least this time you can track them. I would like to suggest to everyone that you should always use delivery confirmation when sending your seed packs that way no one can hurt your feelings or email about you behind your backs saying that they didn't receive their seeds from a previous trade, or publicly accuse you on just flat out not sending them. I have been a member of Gardenweb for 3 years and this is the first time I have ever been ashamed to tell people of my membership. I used to tell all of my friends about this wonderful website that I was a member of where everyone was really friendly and loved to share seeds. Now, I am warning them to be careful of who you accept a trade with or better yet to just find a new seed swapping community all together. Gardenweb should really consider a rating system to rate your trades with each other. That would stop alot of this nonsense.
    Don't forget to check back on Saturday afternoon for your confirmation numbers. I will list them all. I know I can't replace everything that was lost in the mail, but I can at least make an effort to send you something back to show you all that I am an honorable trader.
    Daphne

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am off to the post office. Be watching today for the delivery confirmation numbers. I will post them today when I get done with all of my errands.
    Daphne

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are the delivery confirmation #'s I promised.
    Jennifer: 03052710000307447320
    Donald: 03052710000307447337
    Elizabeth: 03052710000307447344
    Deanie: 03052710000307447351
    Candy: 03052710000307447368
    Barbi: 03052710000307447283
    Amy:03052710000307447290
    Lisa: 03052710000307447306
    S.Guanzon: 03052710000307447313

Lisa,
    How nice of you to contact my local post office today. The lady that took the packages from me told me she would call you back to let you know they are in the mail. She thought it was very strange that all of the packages never arrived at their destinations. She said it's not often that mail gets lost and for 10 packages to have been lost all at once was really strange. There was only 10 because one person never sent their seeds in for the swap. There are only nine delivery confirmation numbers because one person asked me not to return any seeds to her because she believed that I had sent them out previously. ( if you are reading this, I will email you privately.)

It would be nice if all of you would post here to let everyone know that you received your seeds. But I suppose that is not necessary since everyone here can check on the confirmation numbers themselves.
    Thanks for checking up on me Lisa.
    Daphne

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

Just to let you know, I wasnÂt calling your Post Office to "check up on you". My phone call to your Post Office yesterday was in furtherance to my phone call to them last Saturday. I posted last Saturday that I would report back on this Site when I heard from your Post Office regarding the investigation for the lost packages.

Just to let you know, Daphne, there are MANY people who are reading this site and watching your Swap. I received several emails from people in GW (some in your swap and some not) wanting to know the status of my investigation for various reasons. Unfortunately, your Postmaster never returned my phone call from last week. My phone call yesterday was just a courteous follow up call regarding the returned phone call I never received back from your Postmaster.

When I phoned the Post Office yesterday, I asked to speak to the Postmaster. I was told the Postmaster was out and wouldnÂt be back for two weeks. I then asked the clerk if she was aware of an investigation of 11 lost envelopes that contained seeds (and just to let you know, your name was NEVER mentioned). I told her that, according to the person that mailed the packages on September 25, we were advised that the Postmaster had "emailed the Columbus Post Office to see if they had them held up". The clerk then told me she was not aware of any outstanding inquiries, claims or investigations in this nature. She said the Postmaster usually keeps her informed of any outstanding situations especially since she was going to be out for a couple of weeks. She also put me on hold and went in to the PostmasterÂs office to see if she could find supporting paperwork for an inquiry, but she could not.

The clerk did leave a message on my answering machine yesterday and said, "The strangest thing just happened. A woman just came in here to mail 10 packages of seeds and one of them was to you. She mailed them all with a delivery confirmation number on them.".

About the lost packages, I am no longer interested in tracking them nor do I have the time.

I hope that in the future, people will consider using delivery confirmation when mailing envelopes in their Swaps or GW trades, because for an additional 60 cents on a first class mailing, it sure saves a lot of time, grief and suspicion regarding everyone concerned!

Daphne thanks very much for sending out these packages to us yesterday! To me this action shows your concern for the unfortunate situation that occurred here...and that you cared enough to compensate all of us in the Swap for the lost envelopes. - Lisa

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I was in no way being mean about thanking you for "checking up on me". I was simply thanking you. Thought it was great that you would contact the post office to see what had happened. As for many people watching these posts, that is great, then everyone here will know the importance of using the delivery confirmation. If I had only thought of it sooner, then I could have saved myself alot of agony and grief. I was really enjoying trading here on GW, up until this swap turned sour. Now, I don't really want to trade here at all. I'm sure lots of people are fearful of trading with me anyway now with the way everyone kept posting about not receiving their seeds and acting as if I hadn't sent them.

To everyone reading here that has received seeds from me in a trade, I appreciated the trades.
    To anyone who may not have received seeds from me in a trade: let me know and I can resend. (although it seems that this has only happened once and I did resend and never heard back from you one way or the other)

I have learned my lesson.
    Daphne

• nettasaura
    17 years ago

I traded with Daphne before and did recieve my seeds in a timely manner. So having had a good experience with her I am sad to have seen her been put through the wringer.
    Netta

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

I received my seeds you mailed on Saturday. Thanks so much.

Have a great day.

dem_pa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    17 years ago

Hi Daphne,

Just wanted to let you know I received your seeds today and your very nice letter. I have to tell you that I saw that you had posted on a round robin site that you needed to withdraw because your seed stock was depleted...so I have to admit that I really feel guilty keeping your seeds. God blessed me this summer with more seeds than I could pick...so I will be returning these back to you so you can do some trading. Thanks again Daphne and I DO appreciate you sending them to me and I'm sorry that your first swap went awry! - Lisa

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lisa,
    Please keep the seeds, I have my uncles garden to harvest some seeds from and also found several plants of my own that still have seed. I will not be withdrawing from the RR afterall. I am sorry to have made you feel guilty, that was not my intention. To be really honest with everyone here, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of everything that went on here again. After reading the kind posts of the members involved with the RR I am in, I have decided to stay. My seeds will always be with Delivery Confirmation after this though and I would like to suggest to everyone here that they utilize it. It is a small $.60 price to pay for your own piece of mind.
    Again, Please keep the seeds I sent, I wouldn't have sent them if I didn't want everyone to have them. I will just grow more. That's the beauty of gardening. Nurture the plants and they keep us trading all winter. It's a year long event for me. I do still have the seeds I was saving for myself and I'm sure I can divide them up a little for the swap. Thank you for offering to send them back, but it would break my heart if you didn't keep them.
    Daphne

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Daphne, Thank you for the seeds and kind letter. Please let me know if there are any seeds that you are looking for I always plant too many and would be happy to share. Thank you, Amy

• zabecc
    17 years ago

daphne-
    i received you pkg of marigolds today.
    -elizabeth

• strmywthr3
    17 years ago

daphne - I received my package today. thanks.

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Daphne, just bumping this up a little. I will post as soon as I receive the seeds. I remember my first plant trade I did last year. The lady lived about one hour away from me. We sent the boxes on the same day and e-mailed each other that it's on the way. She sent hers by reg. mail and I received it on the third day. Mine was sent out priority and after a week she still did not receive the box. I felt so bad that I resend another box, this time priority with DC. She received the second box two days later and the first one arrived after three weeks at her house. I learned my lesson, since that happened I mail all my boxes with DC#. I think I will start using a DC# for my envie's also. I will trade with you anytime, just e-mail me if you see anything you would like to have.
    Deanie :)

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Bump! Still no delivery here. It shows that it was accepted at the post office in Ohio on Oct.14th. No other info available. This just proofs that it is not Daphne's fault.
    DC# 0305 2710 0003 0744 7351

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanie,
    I am sorry you have not received your package yet. I will go to the post office on Saturday morning and see what I can find out for you. If you receive them before then, please let me know. I would go sooner, but with my work schedule, I won't be home when the window is open until Saturday. Thank you for posting here to let us all know you have not received yet.
    Daphne

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Daphne, the seeds arrived today! Thank you for the seeds and the nice letter. If you ever want to trade, just let me know.

• daffknee_2000
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deanie,
    I am so glad you received the package. I wonder what was keeping it so long. Thank you for still wanting to trade with me. That means alot to me.

I still have hopes that one day the first run of packages I sent you all will arrive at their destinations. Please let me know if they do arrive to anyone.
    Thanks
    Daphne