Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: 2013 Everything Goes Back To School Fresh Seed Swap

godsgarden9
10 years ago

Welcome to the 2013 Back To School-Fall Fresh Seed Swap Details for Swap

1) Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.

2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until November 8. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.

3) Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you� or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.

4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.

5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn�t leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don�t have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

1. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ************************

Comments (55)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Please sign me up. Love this Swap!

• zzackey
    10 years ago

I can't afford to do this now. Sorry!

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

I'd like to join. I still have lots of fresh seed to share.
    Willy we did a plant trade years ago. I think you sent me alstroemeria p. I don't remember what I sent you. I was wondering if it would be alright to make requests from other participants? And send seeds labeled for specific people? I just noticed that jensyen has some seeds I'd like and I have some seeds on their wishlist.

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

Willy, we are arranging a private trade so you don't need to deal with it.

This post was edited by domehome on Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 12:02

• northforker
    10 years ago

Willy's swaps are the best! I think half the plants in my garden have come from seed obtained in these fall swaps.

I have just started collecting seed here but I should have lots to share by November. Please count me in - - thanks! Nancy

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

socalgardengal, are you still in? Noticed you had to drop out in another trade forum.

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Yes, I'm still doing this one midwestfarmwife. The timing is much better for this swap.

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Good, I have Henderson's Baby Lima, Marconi Red Pepper, Tigger Melon, and Di Cicco Broccoli if you want them.

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Yes, I would love to try some! Thank you. Off your list I have Dessert King melon, foxglove mix, purple pole beans and 4 different Brugmansias I'm not going to plant. I will send them in for you if you'd like. ~Christine

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

socalgardengal, sounds great!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

When is the mailing deadline for this? thank you

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, For all of those that would like to participate, you have until November 8th to get your seeds in, so you still have plenty of time.

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

Willie,
    I sent mine in today, I need to make room in refrigerator, LOL,
    I did, however, forget to put postage in. I will get it to you before November 8th, I think I'm going to hold off as maybe my Asclepias psyocarpa will have seeded by then, I have six plants so I'll have more seed than I'll ever use.. I check gardenweb almost daily so I won't forget!
    Dee

• midwestfarmwife
    10 years ago

Regretfully, I will need to pass on this seed trade. Hope everyone gets some great seeds. Have fun!

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

I would love to join the swap. You do such a wonderful job with each swap. clay_lady

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

One of my favorites. Add me to the list.

Don

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

Ok, since we have until Nov. I'm in!

Thanks Willie for hosting this again this year!

:) Aqua

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I would love to join your swap.

Thanks,

MIssy

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

I'd like to join. Thanks!

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

I'd like to join. Thanks!

• appaloosa909
    10 years ago

I would like to join

• Belinda Sisemore
    10 years ago

can I still get in?

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Willy, I hope you received my package of seeds. I sent them out last week.

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I mailed my seeds today.

• beautifulreddahlias
    10 years ago

I would like to sign up if there is still time!

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Hi I posted but didn't see it show up. I would like to sign up too.
    Jean/recipesaver2

• dm_kelly
    10 years ago

I just went through my seeds and I'm in!

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

hi, i would like to join.
    i've just caught on to this whole round robin thing and i am enjoying it!

• lorabell_gw
    10 years ago

Would like to join as well.
    Thanks!

• pepper_rancher
    10 years ago

Oh... I am so in!
    Where can i get the best deal on a bunch of small seed envelopes?

*edit* nevermind... found 500 for a good price on amazon

This post was edited by pepper_rancher on Sun, Oct 20, 13 at 12:03

• pepper_rancher
    10 years ago

godsgarden9,
    how many participants so far?

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

hey- i havent received the address to send to for this swap.

please send me an address so i can get this mailed in time....

• Fernette
    10 years ago

Hi Willie,
    I'd like to join the swap, too. Thanks for doing this.

• drippy
    10 years ago

And they're off! From my garden to the post office, on the way to you, Willy. Blessings!

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

I'm going to have to drop out of this one. I just didn't have the time to get stuff together.

• Belinda Sisemore
    10 years ago

mailed mine out yesterday

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

i feel like a dork for signing up and then forgetting about this swap. is it too late? sorry things got hectic. if its not too late i can send monday? or should i just forget it?

i am sorry....

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Leila,
    Don't know if Willy got back to you. He wrote this in the intro: 2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until November 8. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.
    So, I think sending seeds this Monday would be fine.
    Jen

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is Willy your host. If you are a little late in getting seeds in that is fine, just send them when you cant. If it looks like you wont have time until after Christmas, that is fine, you can join the New Years Swap which the seeds are not due until the end of January. I will be going on Vacation for a while around Thanksgiving, I am going to try to get some of the seed packets if not most out before I go. Thank you all for your participation and if you still would like to participate in a group swap, please sign up for the New Years Swap.. Have a blessed Thanksgiving

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

I'm sorry I dropped the ball on this one too. I have had so much going on.
    Thanks for hosting Willy, I know you always have an awesome swap. Sorry I missed it. I am still cleaning seeds....

• drippy
    10 years ago

Willy, have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I got a chance to get to your part of the world for the first time this year when DH had a short business trip there. NOLA is crazy, but I loved it - the whole French Quarter is a real trip. I did spend a good part of one day at City Park and the Botanical Garden, which is very nice.

• leila hamaya
    10 years ago

well i sent mine off early last week, so glad it was ok they were a little late! they should have arrived by now anyway =)

• Belinda Sisemore
    10 years ago

Just checking in, hope mine made it

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just a update, working on getting all the packages finished this week, so you all should be hopefully be receiving them this weekend or early next week depending on delivery time, thank you for your participation and for those that still would like to participate please sign up for the New Years Seed Swap 2014, hope you had a wonderful time with your families over Thanksgiving time.... Merry Christmas, Willy

• domehomedee
    10 years ago

Received my seeds! Willie, thanks so much for collecting them all for us.
    It's funny whenever I think of you I remember the alstroemeria p. you sent me way back in ? Well it was before Katrina. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. I'm very fortunate to be spending mine with my whole family.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

I got my seeds today. Thank you Willy! Once again you out did yourself.
    Hope everyone has a safe and joyful holiday, Jen

• drippy
    10 years ago

Willy, what Jensyen said - how do you do it? Each year I get some super special seeds back from this swap. Thanks so much for all your hard work, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

Best wishes,
    Kim

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

I received my seed package with lots of lovely new seeds to try. Thank you Willy for all your hard work pulling this all together and thanks to all you other Gardeners for sharing your seeds. I hope you enjoy mine as much as I will enjoy yours.
    Jean
    Recipesaver2

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received my seeds. Thanks to all who shared their seeds. Thank you to Will for doing another super job.

Merry Christmas to all.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Willy for the awesome selection you sent! I am so excited with everything, getting ready for a little wintersowing! thank you so much Merry Christmas!!