Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diene_gw

NEW: Princess of the Month - DebA

diene
16 years ago

Good Morning All;

We are continuing on, DebA is the princess for this month. We pay homage to our Princess Deb. Hope you have a great month. diene

Comments (25)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Welcome to the new princess DebbyA! Sorry I was late in honoring you as was gone until now!
    Hope your reign is a good one! Melinda

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

Hello Your Royal Highness Debby
    I don't know if your questionair is still available, but could you do us pesants a favor and please post for us some wants, wishes, needs, and hints so we may better serve you. Oh most beautifull and honerable princess of the garden kingdom.

I am forever (or till the end of the month) your humble servent michelle
    michelle

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Oh most Wonderful Princess Deb..Hope you have a wonderful reign.I am going to be mailing your Princess Package on Monday.I will be back with the confirmation # when its on the way.Hope you enjoy your month of pampering.You deserve it : )
    Hugs,
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    LOL! I love any indoor plants, prefer hanging but will be happy with anything! I've been looking for basket monstera, and anything with gorgeous foliage! Also, I love anything that has to do with birds.. birdhouses, suet cakes, bird wreaths, bird decor.

I also collect named av's, and love scented candles! I have 3 boston terriers, old black cat (that adores catnip, fur mice), a couple of parakeets, finches, monk parrot, african grey. So anything bird/treat related will be well used!
    For outdoors- love "showy" hostas, re-blooming daylilys (only have one- "Little business"/red so far) and love plants that have stories behind them. I'll cherish forever a Grandma's peony, fern, rose!

For houseplants (any ferns-indoor or out). I've wanted a birdsnest fern for a long time!

Deb

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hello, Your Highness! Wishing you a fun filled month of Royal Goodies!! I shall have your Royal Box of Pampering out in just a bit. :O)

Melissa

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I'm soooo excited!

Toby

Deb

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello your highness
    would you like any monarch or black swallow tail butterfly eggs, since we are both in IL. it is legal for me to send you some. you need milkweed or honeyvine for the monarchs and parsley, fennel, dill, or queen anns lacefor the black swallow tails. I could send you a honeyvine but it is invasive so if you don't have it you don't want it, and I have not had good luck transplanting milkweed.
    let me know.
    michelle

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle,
    I'm so hesitant to say yes, only because I know nothing about butterfly eggs! I don't have any milkweed, or honeyvine, fennel, queen's ann's lace. I'm afraid they would starve. I do have a tiny patch of dill? But, what if it's not enough? What else to they eat? I do occasionally see Monarchs in the yard, usually by my autumn joy sedum.

Deb

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

hello
    It's ok Deb, I just thought I would check. I find myself going to the river twice a week to get milkweed (it grows along the road by the corn fields) my milkweeds are only about 5" tall, I keep removing the eggs and bringing them in so as to give my milkweed a chance to grow.

If you would like Black swallow tails you can feed them parsley from the store, just wash it well. I had to do that when I had 9 large caterpillars munching at once, I had chpooed all my plants almost to the ground to feed them, and finaly had to go buy them some parsly.

luckly my fennel, and parsley have recovered, becouse thursday we had a very tattered BST mamma laying eggs all over my fennel on the porch. she was laying eggs for about two hours, she was very picky about where she layed them, and she would stop to feed at the zinnias from time to time.

in the end I have about 12 more eggs to add to the monarchs. I have gone a bit nutty about raising butterflys.
    sorry to babble on, just waiting for DH to get up.
    I'll get you box on the way this week.
    have a great day
    michelle

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello Deb & Michelle;
    I have tons of milkweed it is a weed here. I could put some in my box and then you would have feed for your butterflies. Let me know as I am planning on mailing Monday or Tuesday. diene

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Deb,Toby definitely looks excited.I get such a kick out of the pics you post of him.Still working on your box princess,Planning on getting it off to you tomorrow but it might be Tuesday.Have a Great week Princess Deb.: )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    I can see why your so interested in butterlies, they are so interesting! I spent a half hour looking up the Black swallowtail & monarch. Monarch's are poisonous (from solely eating milkweed). I didn't know milkweed was poisonous. I would love to try a few Black swallowtail eggs. I have plenty of parsley, small patch of dill in the garden.

Diene,
    Thanks for the offer for the milkweed, but I would need a huge plant! The monarchs lay eggs on the plant, and then eat the leaves to survive. I think I'll try the swallowtails, I have the parsley, dill already.

Nancy,
    Toby's personality really shows through in every pic! He's one spoiled dog!

Deb

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Morning Your Highness;
    My paltry offerings to celebrate the wonderous occasion of your birth are being posted today. The DC is 01038555749057353057.
    Have a wonderful month. diene

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Princess Deb,Your princess box will be on its way today #9150805213907616855386.Hope you enjoy your special month Deb : ))
    Nancy/aka..your loyal subject : )

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Dear Royal Garden Princess- My paltry box of offerings is on it's way. DC # 03070020000025255465
    I hope there is SOMETHING in there that you can enjoy. :O)

Melissa

• Michelle Reynolds
    16 years ago

Hello your highness
    your mysterious package of surprises is flying to you as we speak. DC# 0307 0020 0004 0200 9797.
    the caterpillars hatched a couple days ago, but I packed plenty of food with then and (sorry to spoil some of the surprise) I have included a cage to raise them in, so you don't need to worry what to do with them when they get there.
    enjoy michelle

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Two special packages arrived yesterday! I had an awful sinus headache, so the packages helped me forget the pain!
    I ended up taking a sinus pill too! ;)

Diene's package had so many things packed in that box, that I didn't know what to open first!

Gloves, stone & wrought iron candle holder, "Plants" magazine, Tiger lily seeds that sprouted!
    Hen & chicks, Anemone bulbs- 2 packages (De Caen mixed, Sulphide), Skincare products/sampler, tube of handcream, Autumn Joy sedum, Yucca, Spirea & Golden Spirea! I hope I didn't forget to list anything!

Diene, THANK YOU SO MUCH for such a wonderful box! I'm really looking forward to working in the yard tomorrow and planting everything! And thank you for everything else too! I love everything you sent! Can't wait to try the skin care line!

Nancy,
    Your box was wonderful too! I ADORE the Marjolein Bastin mug (with the cutest LID!)
    And the bird feeder, stickers, bookplates! Thank you sooooo much! I love everything you sent!

Giant HUGS,
    Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Nancy also sent "Mystery Iris" which I almost forgot to mention! Thanks Nancy! I can't wait to solve the mystery and see it! :) That sounds so corny! LOL!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

You are most welcome most royal princess.I knew you collected M Bastin items and was hoping you didn't already have that mug.Hope you solve the iris mystery..lol Have a great weekend and enjoy the rest of your reign Princess Deb : ))

Hugs,
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

2 more fantastic packages arrived today! Wow, being Princess is really neat!

Michelle's package's was really unique! She sent 5 or 6 Black swallowtail caterpillers "cats" complete with a plastic house! I'm doing a little more research today, just to make sure I do everything right!
    I can't wait to see them turn to a butterfly! Michelle did say that some of them might overwinter and make a cocoon, it's going to be so interesting to see what they do!
    I'll keep you posted.. Michelle also sent a handpainted birdhouse (gourd) made very fancy, with a purple/gold gilded 'crackled' look, also a really cute blue glazed pot (perfect for pencils/pens) on my computer desk. I love pottery!
    I love everything you sent Michelle!
    What a really neat, unique box!

Melissa sent a great box too! A handmade fabric floral basket (looks like it took a lot of work), puzzle, 2-lotions, orange climbing rose cutting, rose colored plastic bowl, and a book- "Loving Tenderness" Cyclamen cross-stitch, nail care kit! Thank you so much Melissa! Love everything!!

Thanks so much everyone!!

Deb

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good Morning All;
    I thought I would bring this up again. The month is slowly creeping to a close and I am not sure that our Princess has received all the gifts she deserves.
    Can those who have not yet posted please check in and give us an update. Thanks. diene

• amyinms
    16 years ago

Ladies

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for not being active and sending my boxes please remove me from the group.

I appreciate all the ladies here and have enjoyed getting to know you all but my youngest had a reaction to a medication in the hosptial (I think I posted about that before ) and it looks like he has possible brain and heart damage from it we have been upstate at a pediatric neuro unit trying to get him stabilized and to some degree see if the damage is treatable or reversible. I wish I had time to catch up I wish you all the best in your home, family and gardens

If you pray please please pray for my son. I really want him to get better and its been really hard trying to have any kind of faith anymore

Amy in MS

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Amy, my prayers are with you and your family! Do hope it all gets better soon for your son and yourself!
    Princess Debbya, I haven't forgotten you! Just so hot and dry here! I will have your box out soon!
    And haven't forgotten you either Diene, just waiting until cools off some! Melinda

• diene
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Giving this a bump so it does not get lost until Deb gets all her trinkets. diene

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Melinda's package arrived! And let me share with you all the goodies Melinda sent!

Marjolein Bastin rabbit pin, Coleus cuttings, waffle plant, 3 bags of M&M's, vanilla candle!

Thank you so much Melinda for the really neat package!

Deb