Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

new: obf september picnic basket swap :)

flowergirl34
10 years ago

Welcome to all Our Bloomin' Friends to...

September's Picnic Basket Swap

I thought this might be something fun to try. :)
Your swap contents should all be food related.
Food related cooking items
a cookbook
food named seeds
and food named plants.
to name a few ideas

And, since this will be one of the last chances we have to swap plants this year one must have in your Picnic Basket is at least 2 food named varieties of plants.

Ex: Candy Apple Daylily, Hot Fudge Iris...you get the idea :)

Have fun with your picnic basket! :) Make it a theme basket or make one specifically for your swapper.

Okay, so here's the rules:

You must use a Med Flat Rate box of one of equal size.

Partners will be assigned Sept. 9th.

Please mail by Sept. 21. Please post your Delivery Confirmation when you mail.

Post that you have rec'd your picnic basket and the contents so we can all enjoy your basket with you.

I haven't hosted an OBF swap in a while and I'm very excited to have this oppoortunity with you ladies.

Even if your not signing up please pop in and say hello.

Happy Blooms!
vina

OBF (Our Bloomin' Friends) is a year long swap group. You must be a member to join. If you would like to be a member please email Shirley or Carol and they'd be happy to get you started.

Comments (92)

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Vina, so sorry to hear you are having problems "with the system". Money, government, educators, politics screw everything up. Good parents are losing the battle. What a shame! Vina, don't give up!!!

Shirley, I have your address and am "kind of" working on your picinic ?????, slowly but SHIRLEY. Bless your MOM!!!
    I have the Calla Lily, Green Goddess....it is a beauty and in a very big way...so productive.

Tiz time for a margarita.......then a shower....then another margarita.....then I need a chinese food fix...so out to dinner.

Happy Sunday!

Annie

• smitties
    10 years ago

A nice afternoon of rain but unfortunately, this was the day I had hoped to dig up my plants for my picnic box. I work 11-6 the next three days but hope to get them dug up tomorrow evening for shipping Tuesday morning.

Vina, I will keep you posted. I know exactly what I want to do but need to do it. LOL

Margo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Evening!

Thank you everyone for all the good thoughts about Taylor. Another meeting tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

Shirley, It was kind of funny how I'm in charge of the plant swap at the fair. I've been on the board for over 15 years. One meeting I was talking with another board member about our gardens...one thing leads to another...Plant Swap. We have it during the fair.
    I rope off an area so their is only one point of entry. We have a small easy up tent. People pre-register 9am - 12:00noon. That way they can bring their plants in and look around. We count the plants brought in and for every plant the register gets a 'plant buck' (yes! I made these! They are so cute!!) It's like plant money. 1 plant buck = 1 plant.At noon we kick everyone out of the roped in area and put the plants into categories and try to arrange them neatly. At 12:30 the swap starts. Everyone comes in at the same time.
    It can get quite hilarious watching people go for the same plant!
    The only way out of the swap area is through "checkout". We count the plants, and people pay with their bucks. I've used the same plant bucks for about 5 years now. :)
    We also have raffles. This last year we had 4. I start collecting donations around Feb. for our fair in June/July. It's a little bit of work...but you'll have so much fun!

Annie, I hope you got your chinese food fix. That can be serious. One night, we ordered some at around 10, just to get some cheese won tons, lol. Since your our Big 20 Questions WINNER have you picked out a daylily?

Margo, no worries. Its cold and rainy here. I don't think I'll be shipping till maybe later toward the end of the week. LOL! I know what I want to do too...just need to do it :D

I'm trying to think of a new game for this week. Anyone have any ideas?

Talk to you later!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Vina-I love the fair plant swap idea....I'm going to get it started next year. Belonging to the garden club gives me a head start on getting gardeners to participate and getting the word out that we will swap. I also know many in the master gardener group who might be interested. Will print your directions and keep them. I do wish our fair was earlier in the year. When you have it in Sept. you are very limited on blooming plants. Of course you could put pictures of your plant blooming on the pot. Thanks

Margo-I wish we could get some rain...it is really getting dry here. We had lots of rain in the Spring and early Summer but not lately.

Annie-I have your address as well and hope to start your box this week.

Our local K-mart has had some awesome deals this year. Discounts galore every week or so. I found my patio furniture at 50% off and was so excited. Then I found the cutest wooden wheel barrel, stacked pots 3 high (so cute), a metal trellis and so on. After I purchased the stacked pots I kept trying to think who I could fix them for if I went and bought them all. Then it dawned on me, the officers of the garden club for this 2013 term. My BF Sharon came over and we got the flowers planted in them and they look great.

Shirley

• smitties
    10 years ago

I am going to set my goal at getting the plants dug up and mailed on Friday so the box will arrive on Monday. We are do rain but I will do it rain or not. LOL

My heart is heavy tonight. Just found out a dear friend of mine has breast cancer. She will be having surgery in two weeks and follow with five months of chemo. I have already signed up to run the Susan G. Komen breast cancer 5k so I will be running for my friend as a newly diagnosed and for my mother who is a survivor.

Margo

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Margo, thoughts and prayers for your friend. How long ago was your Mom diagnosed? I have done the Susan Komen 5K 3 or 4 times......always so much spirit!!

Shirley, nice deals at your K-Mart. I am rarely so lucky!

Vina, so "chocolate" got me over the top. That was one lucky guess! And you mean to tell me, that you really have a decapitated cement turtle that is a favorite? Funny, I have one as well......garden art/garden junk is so personal. You surprise me with "Missy" or "Mustard". You really do not need to send me anything.

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Margo so sorry to hear about your friend. I hate that C word...I work with two guys whose wives were diagnosed with it. One just finished up her chemo and radiation treatments and the other has just started hers. Glad to hear your Mother is a survivor and hope your friend will be as well.

Shirley

• smitties
    10 years ago

Thanks for the kinds words. I am really holding out the best for my friend and hope she reaches out for help from me. She is very independent and I told her it is time to take the help.

My mom has been cancer free for over 10 years. I get my mammograms every year without fail.

I am going to have to post a picture of my newest garden decoration. I found an old fashion hand pump at an antique shop so took my husband back with me to see what he thought. As I thought, he thought it was just as cool as I did so we brought it home. (Heavy sucker too). He painted it green and dug a four foot hole for the base. What a guy. He is such a sweetheart when it comes do doing these things
    for me. It looks great where we agreed to put it. You can actually still pump the handle up and down too. I am going to look for an old galvanized bucket to hang on it.

Margo

• smitties
    10 years ago

Vina, your picnic is on its way in the morning. I just printed out the label and will be dropping the box off first thing in the morning. Hope you enjoy it.

I am heading on a weekend camping trip with my youngest daughter who is currently in college. My older daughter won't be able to go which is a bummer. We have done this in the past but missed the last two years. I am really looking forward to it and outside of rain tomorrow, (should be done by the time we get to the cabin), the weather looks perfect.

DC 9405 5036 9930 0065 9900 24

Margo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morning everyone!
    So sorry I haven't been a very good hostess this week. This school thing has me hopping all over the place. At the meeting Tuesday, turns out they said that all her test scores were terrific?? WHAT?? Isn't that why we were their?? So, I thought we're done here...NO...NOW they are worried about her reading proficiency??? WHAT??? They have a guided reading program at school and she is 1 level off from where she is 'suppose' to be in 10 weeks...so my thought is...if she has 10 weeks to move up 1 letter, then isn't she where she is 'suppose' to be RIGHT NOW??? I have such mixed feelings about these people at this point...I don't know if its anger, or confusion by how they look at things...I think it's mostly sadness. I did ask one of them at what point do children stop being children and start become numbers on a piece of paper?

I think this 'suppose' to be stuff is a load of hogwash! Children learn at their own pace.

Funniest thing about all of this...her teacher wasn't made aware of any of it! If a child is in such a spiral wouldn't it make the most sense to contact the person who is teaching her??? I emailed her asking her some questions and she had no idea about any of this going on. So I filled her in. She is stuck between a rock and a hard place of course. They employ her and then their's me (I don't know if I'm the rock or the hard place, lol) But, she did send results from her tests so far this year. 3~ 100's and 1~99...

They are upset that I called them out on their nonsense and now they are trying to find anything they can to make their point. Unfortunately, there is nothing to support it. SAD!

***Okay*** Enough mom ranting, lol! Thank you! I needed to get that off my chest...phew....

Margo, so sorry to hear about your friend. It seems like every time you turn around now, you hear about someone else with the C. Sending prayers your way. :)

Have a great time camping!! How fun!

Annie, yes! I have a poor old turtle. His paint is peeling, and his head has been glued on a time or two from when the kids 'just didn't see him mom I swear!', lol! I'll be sending out your supa prize on Monday :) Of course I'm sending you something! :D

Picnic Partners...
    vina and margo send to each other ~~Margo SENT~~

carol and jayeanne send to each other

shirley and annie send to each other

I don't think that I'll be mailing out till next week.

Talk to you soon!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Vina-Bless your heart....everything is so complicated anymore, and it is so depressing that we have to tie up our time dealing with it. Good for you getting behind it all.

Glad it's Friday and we will be spending tomorrow helping our Son and daughter-in-law move. He got the best offer ever just a couple of weeks ago. He owns a landscaping company and does a lot of work for a couple he knows. They have several homes and asked him would he be interested in moving into one-rent free-and just look after it for them. This home is huge with 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, indoor pool, 2 fireplaces and etc. He is so excited and can't wait to get moved. I am excited for him and Tracey and they can save a lot of money for purchasing land and building a home later.

Annie I hope to mail out next week.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Margo, have fun. Camping is really the best!

Shirley, I "think" I am sending out Tuesday. That is the plan anyways! What a very sweet deal for your son and his wife. I am excited for them!

Vina, call them on anything you can as long as you have the facts to back it up, which you do. You are an involved parent and you are a taxpayer...which really does not matter because they are going to do it their way This is another good reason why the Voucher System is a must....my honest opinion!

I have been trying to get my hands on my first glass of vino for the last 30 minutes....tiz time!

Happy Saturday!

Annie

• veeja11
    10 years ago

raining here, so can't dig hope to mail by tuesday, srry I'm late

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Annie-I am looking at Tuesday as well. When we got home it had just quit raining, rained all day so it is way too muddy to dig. Will let you know when I actually get to the PO.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good evening!!

Margo's wonderful (and couldn't have arrived at a better time) package came today! :)
    THANK YOU MARGO!

In my Picnic Basket was...
    ~ A lemon yellow Daylily
    ~chocolate ajuga (I've been wanting to try this for a while! THANK YOU!)
    ~a green tea cup with a cute teapot shaped coaster...adorable!
    ~yummy crunch dessert cheese mix...I can't remember off the top of my head what it's called, all I know is I saw a recipe on the side for a DELICIOUS cheesecake! Making this on Saturday :D
    ~a tea ball loose tea strainer
    ~and two new different types of tea to try! I'm going to try one tonight...it's definitely a tea night!

Thank you so much for the thoughtful basket Margo, I loved all of it!
    Taylor is reading this over my shoulder and wants me to make the cheesecake tonight, lol.

Oh! And on the school front, I can't believe it...but, I think I won this one. 4 days no phone calls, no nothing. I rec'd an email stating that it was 'up to me' what I wanted to 'do next.' Guess I'll have to wait and see...

Margo, I'm with everyone else. I don't think I'll be mailing till after Tuesday. We had a LOT of rain this weekend. It's suppose to go down into the low 30's tonight and then be 75 by Friday with sunny skies. Hope everything dries out by then. I know what I want to send you, I just have to get to it, lol.

Picnic Partners...
    vina and margo send to each other ~~Margo SENT~~Vina REC'D~~~

Have a great night!
    vina

ps. This daylily is still blooming!! Autumn Minaret...LOVE IT :D

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Just a quick note to let you know I am home from the hospital. Surgery was 5 hours instead of 2 so I got a bit more surgery than anticipated, but I am doing well. Thanks for your thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.
    I'll be back online soon to see what everyone has been up to this month!
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Jeanne-Thank you for the update. God is good and took care of you those 5 hours. Now you take care of yourself and be back with us soon.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Shirley, I cut out of town for a few days. Now I am back home. Your picnic basket is ready to go out tomorrow (Wednesday)!

Jeanne, blessings your way!

Shirley, how is your Mom?

Vina, lovely picnic basket from Margo!!!!! Good news at school...music to my ears!!

Happy evening/morning!

Annie

• smitties
    10 years ago

Hello all. Jeanne, glad you are doing well.

Well, my friend with the breast cancer has asked me for help. I went with her to the surgeon yesterday and he wants her to do chemo first, (masectomy would be the other option), then if the tumor responds correctly, once it is shrunk or gone, a lumpectomy and then follow up with more chemo and radiation. A long road is ahead of her but she will be a survivor. Friday morning I go with her for a petscan and brain mri. I am so glad she is having me go along with her.

Please keep her in your prayers. Thanks Margo

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Annie-Mom is hanging in there but that's about it. Losing a lot of weight because she doesn't eat. The splint comes off her wrist tomorrow and the cast is put on. Thanks for asking.

Margo-praying your friend is a survivor.

Please pray for my sister-in-law. They just found she has breast cancer in both breasts and they have to be removed.
    They did find it early so she can beat this. Her daughter told the family because her and her husband are so private.
    I do believe in being private on some issues but you need the prayers of family and friends when you are going through something like this.

Jeanne-Thinking of you today...hope you had a good day.

Shirley

• smitties
    10 years ago

Shirley, your sil is in my prayers. I understand the need for privacy just to get used to the idea but watching my friend and what she is about to go through just rips my heart out. She needs all the prayers and thoughts she can get. She said she always thought she would keep it quiet if she were ever diagnosed but now that she is, she doesn't mind telling people. It has to be a very scary thing to experience when you know what is ahead of you and not exactly knowing what it is going to be like.

The Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness run I will be doing on Sunday is going to be a very personal run and I think I just might run this one the whole length for the first time.

Margo

• veeja11
    10 years ago

still working on box, still raining, will get it out by friday if I have to dig in the rain. srry I'm late, only got one thing left to dig

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morning everyone!

WOW! Breast Cancer is everywhere! When I was little my mom had it too. Back then, NO one talked about it. I didn't even know why she was sick for a very long time. I just was told she was. What a scary time. She's a survivor and to this day doesn't talk much about it. I guess its just a different generation.

I think that talking about it and having your family and friends there for support is the best therapy of all. Being private about certain things is very understandable, but, it's nice to feel like everyone is 'with' you when you go through something like this.

Shirley, why isn't your mom eating? Is it because her wrist hurts her? Isn't there anyone who can assist her with her meals? She's still in my prayers :)

Margo, how far is the complete run? GOOD LUCK! :D

Picnic Partners...
    vina and margo send to each other ~~Margo SENT~~Vina REC'D~~~

Annie, did you mail Wed?

And, let me apologize to Annie and Margo, I have been so sidetracked this week with just wack-a-doodle stuff I haven't dug a thing! I know I said I was mailing this week...I'm a liar, liar, plants for hire (as my daughter likes to say, lol). **Putting my hand over my heart right now** I swear I'll be mailing first thing Monday morning, or, may it rain guinea pigs, lol. :)

Have a great afternoon!
    vina

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Good Morning/Afternoon,

Vina, no reason to apologize!! Sometimes you just do things when you get around to it. Afterall, life loves to get in the way.

Shirley, your picnic basket went out yesterday afternoon. I would think delivery Friday or Saturday.
    Track label # 9114901159815391799385
    If anything is damaged, please let me know and I will replace.

Shirley, prayers for your sister in law and for your Mom. Margo, run baby run!!

At 47 years of age, my younger sister was diagnosed with breast cancer about 5 years ago. Mastectomy/reconstructive surgery...she is doing great!

Privacy is so personal. We all deal with problems, concerns, tragedy etc so differently. What works for one person does not work for the next. When it comes down to it, we each deal with "it" the best way we know how.

Happy Thursday...Happy Fall!
    Annie

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Carol

Letting you know your box was mailed out today. I have the # if we need to look it up. Hope you enjoy what i sent, was waiting on a few things to come in that i ordered but they havent yet so I had to change my whole idea! LOL Sorry in the delay of shipping I looked at the calender and saw we are at the end of the month already! Cant believe its almost October! Hope you enjoy everything =)

Jayeanne

• sandlapper_rose
    10 years ago

Sending get well wishes for your family and friends. I am still taking it easy and not doing much, but that's okay. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Maybe I will take a walk outside tomorrow and see what's blooming. From the window I can see Goldenrod 'Fireworks', various salvias, and pineapple sage. October is usually a really nice month here in SC.
    Jeanne

• smitties
    10 years ago

Jeanne, thanks for stopping in. Glad you are taking it easy as I am sure that is what you should be doing.

Went with my friend today while she had a pet scan and a brain MRI. Now her oncologists fears the cancer has spread, (thus the tests) and is saying stage 3 and even possibly stage 4 with 3-5 years to live. The tests will give him all the answers he needs to decide the course of action. We are praying he is one of those that is on the negative side. The nurses said today that it could be arthritis on her spine and a liver cyst. (This is where he saw tiny black spots in her Ct scan). My friend is doing pretty good and said today that through all of this, no one has said anything about her going 4 years without a mammogram. She wants this to be a lesson for those of us who ignore the things we should do as a routine. I know I am scheduled for mine in October.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Please keep my friend in your prayers. We will know on Tuesday. Thanks Margo

• veeja11
    10 years ago

Jayeanne, your box is all ready but didn't want it sitting in po all weekend so am mailing monday, did dig friday but between soaked plants and sittin all weekend, decided monday would be better will post conf # then, sure I will like your box and hope you like what I sent. hugs to all my bloomin friends
    carol

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Annie-I received my wonderful picnic box and did the happy dance. I am so into succulents and love the air plants.

Items in my picnic box:
    Can of Pringles
    Walla Walla Sweet Onion seeds (I plant these every year)
    Napkins
    4 beautiful hand towels
    Nips hard candy(these are addictive)
    Chocolate luxury wafers
    Sonoma hand painted chili dish (just beautiful)
    Gallo "White Zinfandel"
    Succulent Echeveria 'Paul Bunyan'
    Succulent Aeonium 'Kiwi'
    Airplant Tiuansdia "Butzil" & 'Capitata Peach'

When I went to Naples, Florida back in January my Friend bought air plants and we attached them all over a mannequin. I wished I had bought some after I got home so I'm glad to receive these.

Annie-Sure glad to get all these wonderful things you outdid yourself for sure and I appreciate it greatly. I went on a wonderful trip today with some friends and found some things for your box so will be mailing it on Monday.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Shirley,

Nothing was broken??? There should have been another succulent...name unknown! I am pretty sure I wrapped it in newspaper. If it was not in the box then one of my canines took off with it...LOL!

I will be posting the OCTOBER OBF Swap today or tomorrow....keeping it simple!

Vina, your "September Picnic Basket"....so much fun! Thanks for hosting!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

• smitties
    10 years ago

I completed my first non stop 5k today. The Susan g . Komen race for the cure. I usually have to take periodic breaks. Today was a very emotional run as I watched women who have survived or are in the fight of their lives running or walking. I ran for my mother who is a survivor and I ran for my friend who is in the fight for her life. It was pretty awesome and I was proud to be a part of it. Margo

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Margo, that is pretty amazing. Congratulations and Thank You
    . I'd love to do that someday but most likely will never do more than the 5K. I think that is an accomplishment to be proud of..
    Bethb

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

Margo-You did it....hope to run one of these some day. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Annie-My mistake there was another one. I had some really nice pots so I have them re-potted. I will bring them inside before our weather turns cold. I have your box ready to mail.

Amazing race just came on...I just love the reality shows. They are the only thing I watch on TV.

Shirley

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Margo......FANTASTIC!!!!!! Great day, great cause!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

• veeja11
    10 years ago

finally got my box mailed, looks like conf # is 9114901159815697461306, says it should be delivered wednesday, so srry its late. received a great box from pinky today little confusing tho, a solar owl, owl garden flag, pretty tulips and a pkg of sweet pea seeds, confusing part is is owl pinic food in RI ? its an endangered species here. probably would have more if they weren't eatin them in Ri. love it all Thankyou Jayeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morning!

WOW~ Congratulations!! MARGO!! A great run and a great cause! You should feel so proud! :)

Jeanne, thanks for stopping in to see us. Taking it easy does sound like the best medicine :) Sending (((hugs))) your way.

Annie, your SUPA prize was mailed out yesterday :)

Margo, your picnic was also mailed out yesterday. Thankfully, I saved the box you sent to me so I could re-use it, lol. I need to start saving boxes again, completely ran out.
    DC#9114 9011 2308 6661 2445 07
    Hope you likey :)

Picnic Partners...
    vina and margo send to each other ~~Margo SENT~~Vina REC'D~~~Vina SENT~~~

carol and jayeanne send to each other~~~Carol SENT~~~Carol REC'D~~~Jayeanne SENT~~~

shirley and annie send to each other~~~Annie SENT~~Shirley REC'D~~~

Shirley, have you mailed? I probably missed the post somewhere, lol. :)

So, we are just waiting for Margo, Jayeanne and Annie to receive and we can wrap up September :-)

Have a great day!
    vina

ps. going up to almost 80 here today! Good day to clean out the pond!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Carol,

I had to change my whole idea around the items i ordered still have not come in but wanted to get your box out...so....made a trip to lowes and thats what i had come up with at last moments decisions...LOL I hope you can use those items for your garden...no, lol we dont eat owls in RI, lol!! posting a pic of what i sent, if this doesnt qualify for the 'picnic basket' ill gladly accept them back and use in my garden and resend you a package with what i originally was going to do. I was running out of time and wanted to finish up this swap. Happy gardening! Jayeanne

• veeja11
    10 years ago

They are great, I love them, just joking with you, srry I have a weird sense of humor, glad you aren't eatin our owls. thankyou for a great box, hubby attached owl to top of wood fence so oso couldn't get him. will post a pic of him on his perch. love the box thankyou
    hugs carol

• MariaTR
    10 years ago

My mother always told me if you have nothing nice to say SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND SAY NOTHING!
    It is very hard to please a crowd...
    This is why I refuse to join any swaps, you think you are doing something right and you wind up blown away.
    Pinky you can send me the owl anytime. I can use my imagination and use the owl when is dark out and I'm still outside having my picnic. To even make it more pleasant I put up my garden flag and think of how wonderful my garden will be next year with those beautiful tulips.

PS The Garden Treasures Solar Wise Owl sells for $24.97, the tulips for $3.98, Garden Flag $9.00. Is the thought that counts...

This post was edited by MariaTR on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 11:01

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Afternoon!

Pink, nice box! I think very creative...and Carol does have a great sense of humor :)

I'm not quite sure who Maria is? Is she a OBF member? Anyhoo Pink, glad you could be a part of this swap :)

Hopefully my box will make it today xxxcrossing my fingers xxx

Talk to you later!
    vina

• smitties
    10 years ago

Received my box today and it was full of wonderful plants. I can list them another time because they are out in the garage soaking so the names are not handy. I also received two cute little bee figurines because there are always pests at a picnic. LOL

Thanks Vina.

I think all swappers are happy with what they get because the sender has put thought and time into each one. There is no rule that says you have to go with the theme. It is so fun to interact with garden friends and that is what counts as far as I am concerned.

Also, I have always told my kids that when something is in written form and not spoken, it can be read in so many ways and be so misconstrued that the way it was meant to be said gets lost. I hope how I am putting this is seen as the way it was meant.

Margo

• veeja11
    10 years ago

Maria we don't like strangers causing trouble on our threads, I posted I was happy with the box. stay off of our thread please, if pink is unhappy with me she can let me know, you on the other hand can go to hello kitty

• MariaTR
    10 years ago

Great come back!!!!

• brittneysgran
    10 years ago

On a better note.........

Vina- I did send Annie's swap box out on Monday. I have the del. confirmation somewhere. If she did not receive it today maybe tomorrow.

Shirley

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Received a wonderful box from Carol she has included

mystery meat or hotdog daylily
    pumpkin pie spice daylily
    pink buttercups
    drumstick alliums
    apeldoorns elite tulips
    small hummingbird feeder
    beautiful flower necklace
    creamy caramel Hershey simple pleasure candy!

Thank you so much Carol, loved everything you sent, the daylilys look great and are already potted up.

Jayeanne

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Morning!

LOL, Jayeanne! What is a "mystery meat" hotdog daylily? I need to look that one up...it sounds way too cute! :D

Thanks Shirley, I figured I missed it somewhere.

Picnic Partners...
    vina and margo send to each other ~~Margo SENT~~Vina REC'D~~~Vina SENT~~~COMPLETE

carol and jayeanne send to each other~~~Carol SENT~~~Carol REC'D~~~Jayeanne SENT~~~Jayeanne REC'D~~~COMPLETE

shirley and annie send to each other~~~Annie SENT~~Shirley REC'D~~Shirley SENT~~~

Looks like we're just waiting for Annie to rec. her box and we can wrap up Sept. That's good, cause October is MY FAVORITE MONTH :D Yeah! Halloween!!

Taylor wants to be a cowgirl and Billy is going as Dr. Doofenshmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. He even has a stuffed Perry the Platypus that he wants to put in a trap and carry around with him...so cute!!

Have a super day!
    vina

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Shirley, yes, your picnic basket arrived yetserday. I opened late last night.....so wonderful!!!!!

I received....

*Lilies....Hot Line,Mona Lisa and Stargazer....
    *Chocolate Ball Sedum, Coral Reef Chinese Sedum
    *Caladium Postman Joyner

*Two pairs of Atlas gloves...I am with you, love these!

*Basil Herb garden

*Lots of post its.....love these little babies!

*Fall napkins

*Fall journal

*Russell Stover Mint paddies

*A Green Hummingbird Wind Chime....cute!!!

Love it all! I will go picnicing with you anytime! Thanks so much Shirley!

And Vina, Daylily Col. Mustard, arrived yesterday as well.
    Thanks so much! Thanks again for hosting!!

Awesome picnic baskets and great humor all the way around!

Maria, my Mom also told me to butt out of things that are not my business. I would most definitley say, this is one of those times!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

This post was edited by canyonwind on Thu, Oct 3, 13 at 12:31

• smitties
    10 years ago

HI all, came back to better explain my wonderful box from Vina. I just seem to always be rushing. I was going to garden ALL day today since the weather was perfect but got called in to work. I did come home and plant my plants up and they still looked great.

Here is Vina's explanation of her contents.

The Egyptian Walking onion, Cherries Jubilee yarrow, strawberry candy daylily, and Gray Pupon iris are all yummy.

A Shakers Prayer Siberian iris and Angels voice Siberian iris for the prayer before we eat as well as it is nice to have an angel.

And what picnic is complete without bug friends, thus the little bee figures.

A lot of thought went into my picnic and I found it quite enjoyable. Thanks again Vina, Margo

• veeja11
    10 years ago

Great swap, thankyou Vina, sorry for the drama, I would promise to watch my humor but don't know if I can, its me. just all know I always love the boxes I receive, the thought alone makes them special. big hugs to you all , I will promise to have hubby read everything before I post it, for approval. hugs carol

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Margo, very nice plant selection from Vina and bugs too!

Carol, I love your humor!!! I say "no" husband approval...LOL!

Thanks again Vina!!

Happy Friday!

Annie