Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Sounds Of Summer Make New Friends Part 4

tracyvine
16 years ago

This swap is open to both "newbies" and "oldies". We really like to make new friends, so please feel free to join in on the party!

This time I thought we could share windchimes! Please limit any windchimes that you buy to $10 or less. I do not want to make this an expensive swap. If you have them just sitting around, that is fine. Don't spend money if you do not have to.

Now I have to post the yucky rules. I know, rules are no fun, but they will ensure that you have a pleasant swap.

Here are the details:

1. You must be at least 18 to join in on this swap.

2. Let me know that you are interested in joining the swap. Send me an e-mail at bly.laurie@yahoo.com or lauriegarris@yahoo.com and include your GW name and your mailing address. Then join in on the fun! Tell us about yourself. What kind of plants do you like? Do you have any children? We love pets too! Feel free to post pictures!

3. I will send out swap partners within a few weeks. You will be getting a box from one person, and sending your box to another.

4. What to send: A MINIMUM of 5 different plant/bulb types. You can send more than 5 if you like. Any seeds, candles, bath stuff, trinkets, etc. are considered extras. Most items should be plants. Also include one windchime.

5. All boxes should be sent priority with a delivery confirmation due to the heat. Please expect to pay around $10.00 to send a flat rate box.

6. Once you receive your box, please tell us what you got! We love to know what was in the boxes! We are nosy like that. :o)

Ok...I think I got it all covered. This is my first time hosting, so girls, if I left anything out, please let me know.

READY...SET...GO....who wants to play?

Laurie

Posted by Tracyvine, just finished the last post on Thread #3

Comments (149)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bubba-Vision! I've only heard stories until I saw the picture, Bunny! LOL!

Becki, disconnect your keyboard from the computer. Turn it over. Unscrew it. Open it up. Find the screw that the wire wraps around on the board. Unscrew it. Twist all the wires back in place. Wrap around screw and tighten. Close the board back up and screw in place. Imma thinking it is just a loose /frayed wire that needs tightening up based on the last description. I've had similar problems with cords of all kinds and this usually does the trick.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Pix..saw where you called! lol (hint) Sassy is NEVER up at 7am! lol I'm a nite owl! Except when I have to keep the baby.

Becki, trust Tracey! Good advice, if it doesn't work, I have an extra keyboard I can send you, let me know.

Sassy

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, girls....LIVEN THINGS UP!! That's an ORDER!!!! I'm falling asleep here....I've got the keyboard print on my forehead to prove it!! LOL

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Thank you for that idea, Tracy! I will definitely try that! Not tonight though! I am so sick of trying to fix things right now! I am DEFINITELY not cut out to be a repair person of any kind - that would drive me nuts!

Wake up, Melissa! You poor thing! I wish I had something really funny to say!

Thanks for the idea, Pixie! My husband walked past as I was looking at that and said, "What the hec* is that?" (I don't know if that word is allowed or not.) I said, "Oh, Pixie says here is our new entertainment center." I don't think he got it. But I thought it was pretty funny! Now that would be a redneck entertainment center, just like our redneck TV (what my husband calls using only an antenna.)

Sassy - thanks for the offer on the keyboard. That is very sweet of you! But, it is really working fine right now, and they aren't that expensive anyway, I don't think.

Have a good evening everyone! I'm ready to hit the sack - school again tomorrow! (I am SO not used to it yet!)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

OK!
    Nutbunny tell your boss!!!!
    I'm gone!

Sassy

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, oops! Sorry Melissa - for some reason when I read through that the first time, I thought Pixie posted that! Okay, it was you that had me laughing! Dave asked if those were your kids on that picture, and I said I didn't really know but I didn't think so. Now I KNOW they aren't your kids!! (And no, I didn't think I saw any of Pixie's kids either!) Wow - no tv for 3 years! My kids would go nuts, I think! And I probably sadly would too. Not that I watch it much, but during the winter, I do more so. Okay, now, good night, everyone!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sorry Melissa, was going to be funny, but reading back on posts, wasn't the right time. Hugs

Sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

W A K E U P !!!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Becki, I never thought I was a repair person until my kids got ahold of the vcr, vacuum, steam vac, dvd player, cd player, etc, etc, etc.

I keep finding myself with a screwdriver in my hand because the hubby's honey do list was waaaaay to long! I had all kinds of non-functioning mechanical items and just couldn't stand it anymore. I started opening stuff up and taking a look and saying to myself "oh, that doesn't look right." and the next thing you know stuff starts to work again. Ha! One trick I found to be very helpful is not to reassemble until the completion of a test run. I have many incidents of repairs reassembled only to find out that it still doesn't work and lots of swearing occurs immediately after I find I have to take it apart again! LOL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

With cream and sugar, Miss Bunny?

Poor thing, I had a feeling you would be crashing at work after the long nights with miss cranky booger!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!
    I feel for all the sick households.I'm tired of all the nose drippings & coughing too.So we are off to the Doc this afternoon. Hopefully he can give the kiddos something that works better than the over the counter crap.
    I need to buy stock in Puffs.With all the drainage going on I lost a few pounds. Nothing like snotty noses at the table to put ya off you feed.GAG!!!The oldest is using her nebulizer twice a day & its not helping with the coughing at all.Thank God for insurance!Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

OOhhh..Oooohhhh....!!!! I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar, thank you!! :O) LOL

Sorry for crashing out last night, girls! I had to call it quits early, for lots of reasons...but I'm awake now. Not by choice, however! :O)

Little miss adorable (forgive me if I snicker..) decided..."well, I'll let mommie & daddy sleep for a few hours, just to tease them...then I'll start screaming and kicking ..making sure to get them in the face, and bladder...all while putting my mouth as close as possible to their ears..."

UGH. It's not that she's feeling crummy, she's getting better, it was just that she couldn't get comfortable from about 3am onward....and so she figured, if she couldn't sleep, no one else needed to either.
    I deserve an award, though...Not once did I get upset with her or threaten to put her in the doghouse. :O) (wow, huh??!) LOL Hey...That's PRETTY GOOD for a mom that hasn't slept for 3 days straight!!! :O)

Anyway..Moving on.....

Sassy! Don't apologize!! I love your attitude, and don't quit being sassy just cuz of some old coot. :O) I'm certainly not going to. LOL Life's too short, and besides....Sonic is always hiring, they're only 2 miles away from my house....AND they pay better!!! (not to mention tips...YAY!) LOL So ya see...it's not ALL bad!! :O)

Oh, and Tracy? I licked the screen, thank you very much. :O) You sure do know how to drive a girl wild. :O) Tempting me with caffiene and sugar....Geeze. You're bad. LOL

Oh Becki? My husband informed me that it has been, not 3 years...but..are you ready for this?? 7 years without a TV! I forgot about living in the duplex without a tv for 4 years...just thought about where we are living now...
    Selective memory, I suppose. Somethings are better off forgotten!! :O)

Oh well! I much prefer to read than watch TV anyway. And at least 3 of my kids do too, so it's not that bad. :O) Except now..I'm out of books!! I have SO got to hit the used book stores, since I"m out of PBS credits. :O)

Okay, everyone! Have a great monday!!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Monday to you, happy monday to yoooooou, happy monday all you nuts, happy monday to yooooooou!

Bunny, Glad you liked the coffee girlie! Grin! Tell that baby to be nice!!!! She only has one more day before mommy snaps. LOL!

Dirt, good luck at the docs. I hope you score some good meds for the kiddies. We hit the docs on Thursday, Shots for everyone! Hmm, used to say that in the old days but it had a completely different meaning. LOL! Nice work on dropping the lbs! Gotta love the "too grossed out to eat diet". Haha

Pix, Double rolls of quilted northern for your top and bottom! LOL! Hope your feeling better today.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Wow...it's quiet in here today. Maybe things will pick up after dark, huh?? :O)

• sassyd
    16 years ago

hey, nutbunny..are you online now? I need a little advise and these girls are busy or sick, i'm dhardee_29569 on yahoo if you're available, sorry never know when you're at work:(

sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Been gone all day and that is all anyone has to say? Wow! I guess everyone but us chickens has hid from the big scarey monday monster!

How was everyone's doctor appointments?

I hit the store today and got a new King size thermal Wamsutta blanket for only $9! Woo hoo, patting myself on the back. Simultaneously crying because I am preparing for cold northern weather. Sigh! I also bought a pretty throw for my living room to snuggle under in front of the fireplace. Steaming cup of cocoa in hand. Love those kind of nights.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Sassy- I'm online, just give me a minute to get to you, Ok?? :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I cannot WAIT for colder weather. (I know...lemme remember I said that when it's february, and I'm up to my knees in snow.) I HATE being hot. I don't like being cold, either..but at least it's easier to get warm!!! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The only thing that really bugs me about winter is how long it takes to get all the kids outside. Bundle 4 little ones in snowpants and boots and coats and mittens and hats and scarves and then... they have to pee. LOL!

I really miss not being able to ski anymore. I have to live vicariously through Ted and his snowboarding. I miss fresh powder! Swish! Look ma, I didn't fall! LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I've never seen enough snow to ski in!! We have had, at the most.. MAYBE 2 ft here. For like, 3 days!! And I've never been anywhere else...
    I've always wanted to ski, though! Maybe one of these days!!!

SWISH SWISH.... BAM!!!
    (ow!)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Evening Ya'll!
    Dr visit ok. Both the girls have very mild ear infections so both got antibiotics.Taylor's aren't agreeing too well with her.We are up now trying some warm "Sweet Dreams" tea.Hoping it will help the hacking & let her (me)get some rest.The girls also get some yummy(so NOT)Robitussen PE. Brett got lucky with Allerga once a day for 6 days.

Where is the trade list? Thought it was going up.Or did I miss read again?Maybe its next week?Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nope no trade list yet. Don't know what happened. It was supposed to go up this past weekend I thought.

So glad the kiddos got some anti-b's. I hate the ear infections! Ted would have one every other month when he was a tiny baby through 4 years old. Never complained, I would notice he got a runny nose and bam another ear infection had started. That was my only clue with him. Thank goodness for robitussin. I swear by the expectorant not the suppressant kind. Loosens everything up and helps them clear it out. Never heard of allerga. Is it an allergy med?

Bunny, biggest snowfall that I can remember was the blizzard of '78. I was just 7yrs old and we got hammered with 60" of snow. We were off school for a solid week. Built snow tunnels all over the yard. We had a front porch that was pretty high from the ground and we built a slide out of the snow. We went sledding off the porch all the way across the street until one of the kids nearly got hit by a car. Car jumped the snow bank and went up over the tree lawn across the street. Ooooooh, didn't we get in trouble. Had a blast though!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I have heard all KINDS of stories about the "snowstorm of '78". LOL Guess I was born right before that happened, and mom & dad got trapped in their house from all the snow...so they got out the jeep (we lived out in the sticks, closest house was 2 miles away) and tried to make it to my grandma's. To hear them tell it, the snow was up over the floorboards (in a 4 wheel drive) and halfway up the doors. Somehow they made it, though...
    But the part of the story that they love telling is that Mom was holding me, and went to climb out of the jeep, and lost her footing...so mom went flying, and I did too (I was a few months old at the time!) But somehow I landed on top of mom...so I was fine, she just got bruised up quite a bit.

The only bad snows I remember were in 89, we got a few feet, and then again in 96. I was pregnant with William then, and hubby's mom was pregnant too! Hubby had to dig her car out of about 3 ft of snow (plus drifts) so she could go to the hospital!! :O)

Ah...memories....!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here are some pics I found online from around here during the blizzard. My mom has all of our pics. It was a real whopper. Poor Bunny, flying through the air! Yikes, your mom had to have freaked out.

My dad was at a seminar in Chicago and was just starting back home when they started with the blizzard warnings. That storm was hot on his tail all the way from Chicago to Cleveland the whole 7 hour drive. My mom was watching out the window worrying her brains out from the time he left Chicago until he pulled in the driveway. That was one hell of a hug he got when he blew in the back door.

{{gwi:1293050}}

{{gwi:1293052}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok miss bunny, I am off to sleepyville. I have stayed up way too late again. The kids need to be up and out early. GROAN

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I'm around, just busy with preschool & college revving up this week.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Hi guys; just touching base. You post too much for me to keep up with, but it looks like everyone is okay. What's with all the snow pictures? We seldom have snow at home. I wish we did once in a while, but not that much!
    I should be home this weekend and I will catch up on the posts. I've looked in a couple of times but was intimadated by the number I've missed reading. I hope everyone is healthy and your swap is going great!
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

I meant intimidated. Flying fingers....

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Morning All!Hope everyone is having a great day. Knock it off with all the snow photos.I lived in Michigan for 9 years,still not thawed out!I like my snow to go away by noon.Not hang around for weeks & get all black & yucky.

If anyone interested we need a few more swappers over at the garden decorating rr 'Autumn Colors Swap'. Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ooohhh....Bbrrrrrr!!! Boy, my hubby would be in 7th heaven with all that snow. He LOVES it. Been trying to convince me that we need to move way up north, out of the states...I'm like..UH, NO. No thanks. :O) I tend to like spring and fall....not just one or two days a year where temps MIGHT reach 50F....!!
    ALMOST moved to MI last year, though. His company wanted him to, but we decided that it was just too crowded in the area they wanted us. Too crowded and too much crime. So we're still here in AR...still looking at CO and WV, though. Colorado would tickle him to death, but I want hills!! And not just one big mountain, with flat stuff all around...by golly, I don't like flat places!!!

Anyway..seems I'm lucky enough to be coming down with whatever Adora has...ICK... BUT as long as I have my coffee and hot chocolate, I should be fine!! :O)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Alana! You haven't missed much more than Idle chit chat. lol! as if we do much more than that around here. Bunny and I were talking snow, I decided to show her the worst snow I could remember from when I was a kid. Man, did we have fun with it. Took a solid week to dig out. What stunk was after my mom saw how much fun we had digging tunnels and making snow slides she knew we were perfectly capable of shoveling the snow packed driveway and sidewalk! Groan! Never been so cold and sweated so much at the same time.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been here in a couple days. I finally went to the dr yesterday and seems my summer cold turned into phneumonia(sp). I got a shot, an inhaler and some cold meds. whoohooo what presents!!! Last night I slept better than I have in several days. I'll read up and see what I have missed besides just missing talking to ya'll.

I'll be back in a little while to read up and post better.

I hope ya'll have a great afternoon,
    Trina

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Hiya, gals! I see I haven't missed too much on here over the past couple days. My internet was down, so I had no way to get on here! So frustrating! But, that was the least of my worries, as yesterday I went to turn on the air conditioner, and nothing happened. I know, we are spoiled to have central air, but we REALLY miss it when it doesn't work. We all had trouble sleeping last night as the temp. in the house was 85. That is a bit warmer than we are used to. I know, quit complaining, I'm sure some of you have it MUCH worse! Anyway, it got fixed today. Now it's cooling back down in here. I didn't think yesterday was going to end - TV problems, internet not working, a/c not working, and then the hogs got out! It was a crazy day. But, all is getting better today!

I am afraid I need to drop out of the swapping this month. Money is just way too tight to be spending it on swapping right now. I will still be here chatting, if that's okay, but just can't swap right now. I was so glad to get on here, and see that partners hadn't been posted yet! Whew - that was a relief!!

Okay, kids are coming home early because of the heat, which means I get two extra kids when the neighbors come! And I have lots of canning to catch up on today, as I didn't yesterday, with it being as hot as it was in here. Plus, soccer and football practices tonight. I've gotta go! Have a great day, everyone!!!

Becki

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry that you are dropping out Becki. You BETTER be here chatting away! We'll come hunt you down if you disappear.

Trina, poor baby, I can't believe it turned into pneumonia so quickly. Wow, I hope you feel better quickly, but I hear it takes a good long while to totally kick it. You better make sure you get plenty of rest. Stay out of the gardens! No hard work! Ya Hear?

I'm beginning to think we should juts nix this swap altogether and just call it "shooting the breeze/Make new friends!" LOL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

{{gwi:1293054}}

Take your cue from this little guy, he has the right idea!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Trina! I just so quickly read through the posts, that I didn't even realize you go pneumonia! I am so sorry to hear that! You take really good care of yourself, darling! Drink LOTS of fluids!!!! I have had it, and so have both of my girls (all at different times) - it is miserable! I can totally empathize! Lots and lots of fluids will help clear out your chest, in my experience! (Though I was still coughing a month afterwards!) Take good care of yourself, dear!
    Becki

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Hhmmm....There's not many left in the swap, are there?? Maybe it would help those left if we just cut it down to WINDCHIME ONLY?? No plants involved..and then that way,we could potentially send first class, and it would only cost a few $$??
    Just an idea!

Poor Pixie!!! Here I am complaining about a stupid cold, and you've got a lung full of Doodie!! Hope you start feeling better soon, girlfriend!! Don't like our pixie being sick!!! :O(

Well, Becki...you can take comfort in the fact that it happens in 3's..so you SHOULD be clear for awhile!! at least with the mechanical things..you've still got 2 to go with the animals!!! (big help there, I know!!) :O) Hate that you have to drop out of the swap, though..but I totally understand!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Heya My Wonderful G/F's

Thank you all for the wonderful Well Wishes. I do feel better today, I won't over do it though cause I know Its just the shot I got lol.

Becki, I am sorry you have to drop out but I agree with Tracy and Melissa YOU HAD BETTER STAY & TALK!!!!

Alana we have missed you and hope this weekend we can ALL catch up on things.

Dirt, Im with ya girlie, NOOOO SNOWWWW lol. I hope your girls get well soon also.

Fishy, I know your busy with preschool and college! Handfuls there!

Im sending smiles and hugs to you all!
    Pixie

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Today's lessons:
    ladybugs: 2&3 year olds : color blue and circles

Preying mantises: 1st & 2nd graders: Roman mythology, story of Persephone and Pluto; Science: seasonal changes and earth's rotation

my studies: introduction to cirrculiums, 2 chapters.

I teach classes in each age level once a week, usually covering history/social studies classes. My 2nd graders parents are asking if I'll consider going to 3rd grade next year... at this rate I may end up with preschool> 5th grade, I don't want to teach JR high.

Right now I'm doing a 1 year at a time commitment, but the older kids are flourshing, where the scolls locally are a diaster (under 40% in the school reports on testing, high drop out rate, non-reading 3rd graders, violence issues in the elementry schools). I can't see saying no to send the kids back into the local school system, but I've the only "private school" that's not run by a church (nothing against church schools, but many parents are concerned about biases from them). And of course hubby wants me to take a year off when we adopt, which is a concern.

• autumnfairy
    16 years ago

Well, I have gotten some e-mails from people dropping out.
    This is our new list. * designates I still need your address. Please do not use gardenweb e-mail, as I do not seem to be getting those e-mails.

traceyvine*
    autumnfairy
    pixies*
    hermit
    fishy
    jennid*
    kalena*
    dirt
    debbya
    diene
    medontdo

As soon as I have the rest of the addresses I will post partners!

Also, just making sure with the ones above....are you still wanting to be in this swap, or should we postpone this one?

Autumnfairy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm still in. I sent the addy to you directly, didn't use gw's. I will resend. I'd be happy to send just the windchimes if you guys want. Let's firm it up tonight and tomorrow.

Aye or Nay, Just windchimes?

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Heya Ya'll,

Laurie, I just sent ya my addy to your yahoo addy. Let me know if ya don't get it. I sent it direct from mine to yours.

It really doesn't matter to me either way girls if its just windchimes or what.

Smiles,
    Trina
    ps. Tracy TY :)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm not in the swap...but if it's JUST windchimes, I'll join. I just can't send plants right now.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alright, that is 3 for windchimes/doesn't matter to them. Anyone else, chime in. pun intended!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ohhhh...Tracy....That was a horrible pun....Why'd ya do it???????

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago
  • pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

SOMEONE is on CAFFIENE tonight lmao!!!! LOOK at that sign shake!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ooooh she's got the shakes and the big wide eyeballs! Someone cut that girl off! Hee hee!

Puns are meant to be done! What else would I leave you to pick on? I'm purrfect in every other way!

have another cup of coffee why don't ya?

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath