Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
update: mnf ' garden junk' # 2

Posted by dirt_under_my_nails 7 Murrayville, GA (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 9:54

Calling all "Garden Junkers" !!!! Come join us as we decorate our gardens!
Plastic Flamingos,Bottle Trees,Tipsy Pots or maybe that lady bent over gardening sign!Tea cups as birdfeeders,clay pots as animals,silverware as windchimes!!!!!Afraid of what the neighbors think?? Wellll..... cute garden signs,painted rocks, & normal windchimes acceptable too!!

So, here are the RULES........

(1) As per GW rules, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in this swap.

(2) One garden art/junk item for your buddy. Can be homemade!!!(reduce,reuse,recycle!!!)

(3)4 DIFFERENT plants.
Seeds do not count & will be considered gifts.

(4)Signups go until August 10th. Packages must be sent by the 25th of August.

(5) Priority mailing & delivery confirmation is a MUST!(NO one wants LOST art & rotted mushy plants!!)

(6) Keep it inexpensive!

(7) Have fun !

If you are someone who likes to lurk , please post a HELLO! We love Making NEW FRIENDS! Come on in and sit a spell! Have Garden Junk? We would love to see photos!!!

Let the Junking begin!!!!

Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Swappers

List of swappers so far:
joan
lindaruzicka
kalena67
nikkineel
wynative
debbya
dan_the_mailman
dirt_under_my_nails (the HOST)

*if we have a someone who can send plants but not receive any christieb199 wants to join.
*vic thinking about joining too, but can't send plants either

Should have buddy list posted Sunday morning!
later...April/dirt

o
RE: update: mnf ' garden junk' # 2

April, I'm glad you guys are feeling better.
I bet today was hard! I remember when I was going back to work after Zack was born, my SIL called one day and I was sobbing hysterically! When she asked why and I told her it was because I had to find a daycare for him, she started crying too and decided that she would be the ONLY one to watch him while he was sooo little, she even changed her work hrs and started at 4am so she would be home in time to watch him!

Then when he got older and I put him in daycare........ same thing, but I'm so glad I did it, he misses it so much right now, if I could I would have him in daycare at least a few days a week just for the learning and social aspect of it. *sigh*

Just remember.....
"I know he'll be fine & have fun"
and he will learn and grow : )

Melissa, Aubeni's corn is so cool looking!

Jane, don't bother with the rain dance, TRUST ME, I've tried it and the only wettness I got was the sweat dripping off me from dancing around like a fool in the yard! LOL

o

April,

I can swap with Vicky - We are pretty much in the same zone and I have a few ~ okay, alot! ~ that need thinned :) And I know that she has a lot of ground to cover and hopefully wont be to picky on colors or names???

Marie

o

Just my read my post from before on the other thread - No I am not a Newbie, Newbie - just a Newbie to MNF LOL

o

i learned this much, if i water, then usually here in ks any how, it rains tonight. LOL so i watered today, so tonight it should rain, here in harveyville. LOL i know, it made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE at all!! LOL but i've been working in the heat even though it say's its only 78* but the HUMIDITY!!!!!
its the tomato cages of sorts. they grew all over the place!! i mean these tomato's took off like you would NOT believe!! i swear on what ever, that i didn't feed them anything other than epsom salt and tums!! but you'd think that i gave these things steroids!! well, i've never seen any bigger than these, so just to see if i was use to small maters, i showed them to a regular tomato grower, and he even said they were huge!! he said ohhh my gosh!!! so i know that its true!! LOL i'll have to post a pic of them next to a ruler and something else to show how big!! these are the tomato/potato tomato plant, do you remember a while back when a lady advertised about them on the seed trade she had got them from her professor?? i was like ya!! i want some!! i'm soooooo game!! i'm so glad i did, perfect for sandwhiches. LOL
anyhow i used my nylons that i NEVER use to help hold some up, LOL i'll have to post a pic of one of the things, the other one, ***sigh*** i have no idea how to do that one, i have no more nylons, so i'm outta ideas. LOL
hubs decided to do a "little" yard cleaning, ummmmmm i'm cutting his hair, it won't be TOOOOOOO short, i promise, unless he gets to my nice garden!! then all hell will break loose!! LOL

welcome alll newbies!! new or old!! (((HUGE HUGS))) you'll LOVE mnf :') they are an awesome group!! you should check out sq ft gardening too!! i finally got a few of them to loosen up!! LOL there are a few nuts there!! LOL it took a while but.....and it was like pulling an eye tooth out, but they finally came out!! Hee Hee Hee i am sooooo bad!! **onery grinn** hmmmmmm.....i'm gonna wake the hubs up, or maybe eat a mater sandwhich that i LOVE so much!! LOL !~Medo

o

Marie, that's sweet of you! And me, picky about colors or names! Do you remember what my yard looks like?!? LOL
No, I am not picky! Most of the things I brought lost the name tags and any new stuff I had named the rabbits are pulling the tags off! I'm really starting to hate those rabbits! I had about 4-5 buds on a pink daylily that I haven't ever seen bloom and they ate all but 1!! They are not supposed to like DL's!

I think I can find 4 diff plants to send, I'll have to look, we are supposed to be getting 60mph winds tonight and it's blowing like crazy now, I'll have to see whats left in the morning! Maybe it will blow the rabbits away! LOL

Night Girls & Dan
Vic

o

Hey gang, I thought I would post a few (ok, a lot) of pictures from the county fair that we visited today. I ran across this one exhibit and immediately thought you guys needed to see it. So here it goes! I hope you like it!

These are all miniature gardens, fairy gardens, garden junk gardens, planter gardens that just amazed me!

Mini Drawer Garden 2

Mini Drawer Garden 5

Fairy Basket Garden

Fairy Basket Garden 2

Fairy Garden Concrete n Moss

Fairy Garden Chair

Fairy Garden Chair 4

Fairy Garden Pot

Fairy Garden Pot 2

Fairy Garden Pot 3

o

every time i water it rains, we got alot of rain this year.

i herd used cat litter is good for keeping rabbits away, put it around your flowers they smell the cat smell n wont go near em. dont know if that really works.
lol medo never thought of using nylons for maters! collecting seeds yes but not maters, those baggie ties are good to use or yarn, ive used my left over yarn a few times. also left over christmas ribbons,
i used the colored ribbons to tie around some daffs in a mixed bed so i knew what i was digging up when they died off.

o
pretty

WOW those are soooooo pretty Tracy!!
need to get off my butt n do work to my fairy garden now lol, those pics make me look lazy!

o

Marie~Thanks for offering to send to Vic. If you two want to go ahead & get each others addy, that's fine.Everyone else still has to wait till Sunday for buddy list.

Medont~We need mater photos!Are you going to can any?We have a bumper crop of tomatoes...& green beans. I'm soo tied of green beans!!!!Guess I need to start freezing some.I would can them,but I'm afraid of pressure cooker blowing up!Only thing I can is tomates.

Vic~Sorry about your DLs.

Very cool photos Tracy!!! It's a planted chair & fairy garedn all in one. Do I spot tie dyed stuff in the background?LOL!SmileyCentral.com

The kids enjoyed the first day of school. Brett said the bus driver drives too fast though!!It must seem that way with him being in the very front seat.Poor guy! The bus ride was the main thing he was looking forward to..

Christie~still no one not wanting to receive plants.Maybe buy some plants from Lowes or Home Depot.Sometimes, if you look hard enough, you can find plants that can be split.That way you expand your garden & have plants to send too.

Guess I'm off to get groceries & stuff. Gonna be weird not having anyone asking to go down the toy lane.Lucky for me Brooke's not quite old enough to know what that is.

later...April/dirt

o

Thanks April - I can be ready to send Vicky's new plants to her on Monday!

Vicky, I know I have your address somewhere??? but can you send it again?

Life is pretty crazy right now - school starts in 10 days, I am planning a trip to Denver to take my daughter shopping this weekend and to Eliches :) then the 19th I am having Laser surgery to correct my vision!! Yippy! never, never, never to have to wear glasses or contacts again... Yes, I have already told this to everyone but I am just so darn excited about it! LOL

The little Fairy Gardens are WONDERFUL!! I was in a little green house a couple weeks ago and seen a kit for one. I really wanted it but just couldn't justify spending $50 and the plants didn't come with it or any fairy's... Maybe next year :)

I want to show off one of my Easter Egg plants - I have several but this one is doing the best:
Purple Datura
and the EGGS!
Easter Egg Plant

My daughter and I will be dyeing them on the 23rd, we have to wait until more of them are chicken egg sized so they can be seen from the road. She wants everyone on the bus to notice them so we will be coloring them until they are really dark!

I think this plant is a Wild Purple Morning Glory Bush - that is what I am calling it.
Wild Purple Morning Glory Bush?

They grow wild about 40 miles from here but I never get the chance to stop and collect seeds - everyone is always in such a hurry and thinks that I am OBSESSED with flowers.... Don't know why they think that? LOL Any way I found some near the project I am working on and got a few seeds yesterday :) I have a big pasture behind my house that I want to scatter them over along with a few other wild flower seeds that I have been collecting this summer. It never gets watered unless we get rain, which doesn't happen very often, so everything needs to be very drought tolerant!

Marie

o

April,
I'll trade with Christy if she doesn't want plants..doesn't matter to me either way.."S"

Linda

o

Marie, don't the eggs turn colors on their own? Oddly, I've never grown this. I got seeds for it this year, but like many other things in this drought ridden state, they died on me.

That wild MG bush is gorgeous!!

Tracy, those pictures are adorable! Makes me itch to do some more gardening, but in this drought, it's just not reasonable to start many new things :( Our much awaited rain yesterday barely dampened the gazebo roof :( I'm really hoping for today and tomorrow, we've still got a small chance. *fingers AND toes crossed!*

I had the most wonderful find yesterday! I was taking my son to pick up his work van and this warehouse next to them had these.. well.. don't know what they're called, but they are like packing/shipping crates made from the same boards used in pallets. The wood is nailed together in a very attractive "X" pattern and the bottom is solid with no gaps. It's square and stands about 3 ft tall,3-4 ft wide and has feet, so the whole thing's not sitting on the ground. I'll have to take some pictures, but he got one of them yesterday and is going to speak to the supervisor and hopefully get me some more. They were just going to throw them away! The warehouse workers let him go ahead and get one. He has to talk with the supervisor about more. I've got LOTS of ideas and plans for them! The one I have now, I'm going to create a lasagna bed in and plant lots of flowers and hosta since it's gonna be in a shady area in the front yard against the front of the house. It's placed in a spot I'm really leery of digging because of the gas meter and lines. Cliff suggested using one to plant my "Naughty Garden" in. Adding the headboard at one side. I was thinking that would be cute and I could angle the crate to where it looks like one is glimpsing a side view of a pedestal bed!

I'm hoping to manage to get At least 4 more of these, more if I can. I want one for each of the back corners of the back yard because it's really hard to get anything to grow on the west side because it's really awful soil there. Even the crabgrass doesn't like it there. The other corner is fine as far as soil, but it would be nice to have one of these for each corner.

Another use would be to stock up on garden and potting soil at the end of season sales and stack it inside one of these behind my storage shed. It would keep the bags raised off the ground and allow air to circulate around them.

Another idea was to create raised veggie beds out of a few, using a combo of lasagna and loosely square foot gardening. That way perhaps I'll scale down my veggie gardens to reflect less people in the house to feed and freeze and can for :)

Any other ideas? I'm hoping I can get Cliff to take a picture this evening using his camera phone since I don't have a digital camera any more- nutcase ex-husband stole it.

Kathy

o

Marie, I am so happy for you that you get to have the eye surgery. I have glasses too and don't wear them nearly as often as I should because I just can't stand them sitting on my nose all the time. Especially in the heat. Yuck! I can't wear contacts, I've tried but they really irritate my eyes.

Your Egg Plant is so neat! Trina has been telling me about them. How do you go about coloring them? I would say I love your MG bush, but I am still recovering from my ongoing fight with them. I won't go into the story but suffice it to say, I can't look at them without wanting to cry or scream! :o(

I'm happy you guys like the pictures of the mini gardens. They were so adorable. I don't think many of them would be expensive to make.

I loved the creative way these folks used old drawers, new planters, bowls, rocks, a few pieces of doll furniture along with their plantings. I kept looking at them and thinking that I would never have thought to use a sedum that way or one of the mini hostas. There are such cute ground covers, herbs, annuals and mosses that were put into each of them too.

I adored the drawer planter, went ga ga for the chair planter but really and truly admire the one with the home made concrete planter. I wish I had taken more pictures of it because they incorporated moss into the concrete that they used to make the planter and then added so many different mosses in the landscaping of the fairy garden. It is simple and very green but offers a lot of contrast and form. It reminds me of Ireland and all the fey people. lol!

Vic, try to find Deer Off, it worked really well here warding off deer and rabbits. It doesn't smell bad to people but does the trick with critters. We had pretty awful deer attack in June. Everything was getting ready to flower in the new bed and I came out to see what opened and they were all bitten off. They all recovered after I sprayed the bed, now they just eat the apples off the tree. That's fine by me!

Kathy, what a cool find! I hope the supervisor lets you have the rest of them. I like the ideas that you have so far. I can't wait to see some pictures.

o

Tracy, that concrete planter looked to be hypertufa, once you mentioned the moss in the concrete, I knew it was. There's a forum for making them here on GW. It's not real difficult, just takes some patience to let them set. But they really are gorgeous and look so natural!

Kat

o

Tracy,
The pics are neat, thanks for posting them. I'm going to try a "Fairy garden" basket next year.

I'll trade with Christy.. She wants plants, right? I have plenty this time! It's the perfect time to thin things out (when things are not in bloom). I have extra iris, daylilies, lily of the valley, and more. I don't need any plants for now. I'm rearranging a few gardens, and need to divide! I don't have much outdoor stuff, so I'll be happy with anything!

Deb

o

wynative love your eastereggs! ive always called them wondereggs lol.i started some this year but the cat n dog wars got to them ugh! i still have seeds so ill try again next spring, heres a pic from last year
wonder egg plant

o

Deb, I've been thinking of you. I saw the storm damage on the news that we get from Illinois earlier this week. Did you get a lot of damage from that or did it miss you? I'm glad you like the pictures. They were too cute to keep to myself. I can't wait to do this next year. I have been picking up mini hosta and would love to do some of them up like this. I also have Irish Moss and real moss, creeping thyme and aremia. I would love to incorporate them into one of these mini gardens. People are so smart! I love it when they share great ideas.

Kathy, thanks for the name of that planter! I will be looking it up to see what all I need to make one. Hubby is a bricklayer so we have tons of concrete around at all times and I have moss growing on my rocks. I need to read up on scraping it off and drying it. I'd love to start using it in the gardens on purpose! lol!

o

Deb~ yes...Christie does want plants. So looks like you two can also go ahead & swap addresses too.

Kathy~Neat ideas about the crate/shipping thingys.Hope you get some more rain soon.Dry here again this summer too.

Marie~ you dye the eggs while they are on the plant? The kids would love that!Love the wild morning glory.

I'm off to put Brooke down for a nap.

later...April/dirt

o

Tracy,
We were without electric for a few days, and that was awful! Living by candlelight made me feel like I was living in "a little house on the Prairie" LOL! It was the hottest days, no air, and 2 generators going to keep the food frozen. I'm not prepared at all for an emergency. My Daughter and I went outside while the tornado sirens were blaring, and everything was the strangest color- green, mixed with black, purple. Black birds were getting out of the area quickly. My Sister seen them flying sideways. She lives a few houses away from me. When I seen the sky, I knew a tornado was close, I made my Daughter run in the house immediately. Thunder sounded like a low train rumbling noise. A tornado was spotted a few blocks away.
Luckily, no damage at all, just a few branches fell. We have a huge tree above our glass solarium. Storms are the only time when I wish we didn't have the tree planted there. It would be so dangerous for a branch or the tree to land on the glass portion of the house!

Deb

o

Marie, love the easter eggs! Those are so cute.
Monday! EEEK! I will not be ready to send that soon! LOL
My "garden junk" is (hopefully) going to be homemade so I will not be able to get your box out till later in the month : (
If you want to wait till after your surgery for mine that is ok! You don't have to rush!

Make sure that plant isn't BINDWEED AKA WILD MORNING GLORY before you plant any seeds, if it is it will take over! I can't get rid of it here, they say the roots can go down up to 40ft, and if you till it up every pc of root will make a new plant! I thought mine were pretty too until they took over the yard and the house!
The first pic is the side yard where they took over, then there is a pic where it popped out of the siding about halfway up my house, and where it keeps coming out under a window sil, I keep pulling and it keeps growing out of the window! I don't even want to think about how much of this stuff is under my siding growing!

Kathy, I like your ideas for the planters, you'll have to show pics!

Tracy, thanks for the info on rabbits. I was reading one of the forums and said to use cayenne pepper sprinkled all over, I almost did it and then someone posted that if they get the pepper in their eyes animals have been known to claw their eyes out b/c of the pain. I just can't do that to them.....

o
Deb

Deb, OMG that sounds scarey! I'm glad you guys were not hurt and there was no damage!
You got lucky with your solarium!
Vic

o

ohhhmmmyygoodness!! storms scare me!! especially when it gets all quiet!!
tracy i see you got pics of my boxes but i didn't see you there!! LOL just kidding, that would be cool though!! **big smile**
i'll get a pic, now i have to help tabor find the page for his k12 math again, i/we lost it again. LOL HUGS ~Medo

o

Good morning all - just popping in to see how everyone is doing and whats going on. Lots of thread reading to catch up on!! Miss you all and hope to be back soon.

April - I have my first pink rose!!! I am soooo excited!! Thanks again!

o

Count us in on the swap! We'd love to give it a 'whirl'! Thanks! Jay & Rhonda

o

Welcome Jay & Rhonda!We hope you will like it here.

Updated swapper list:
jay & rhonda
joan
lindaruzicka
kalena67
nikkineel
wynative
debbya
dan_the_mailman
christie
vic
dirt_under_my_nails (the HOST)

I finished my junk/art item last night.Not really sure if I can part with it now!!Nothing much happeing here today. Might take the kiddos fishing VERY late this afternoon.

Starting to pepare myself for next Friday. In-laws from MI coming to stay for a week.His Granny included,pray for me! They will be arriving on Brooke's 2nd b-day so that will be nice to have family here for it.

later...April/dirt

o
Useful info ....

Em ~gald the rose is blooming for you! Belive it or not the kids got me that for Mother's Day. When I went to plant it I noticed it was several small plants instead of one big one. I put a piece in two of my beds ,sent one to you & sent one out in another sawp.I have been very pleased with the blooms!

I just noticed that a few of you do not have any feedback on the rate & review forum.Not sure if you have never traded before or maybe no one knew to leave you feedback. Anyway......Please take a look a the link below. It will show you how to properly ship your plants.
Also I always mail out my box early in the week. That way there is less chance of the plants sitting in Post Office hell over the weekend. (I know Dan said the mail still moves on the weekend,but I would rather be safe than sorry!)
later...April/dirt

Here is a link that might be useful: Shipping plants

o

holy cow! Tracy! so glad you were safe!

o

i have found that if you instead of rolling it, just do like remy does, with the plant, then when it comes to the newspaper, i use shredded paper put it on the bottom, put my plant in there, then more shredded paper. it makes them come in really good. a lady from texas in the dead of summer showed me that, well told me about that and her plants came to me looking awesome!!

o

Medo, I've heard shredded paper works good too, I've never sent or rec's that way yet.
Hmmmmm.....it's been in the high 90's here, maybe I should have you send me a box and I can "test" that method! LOL

Been pretty quiet here lately, Linda must be hiding, Dan's gone on his "Love Fest" and everyone else must be working in the garden?? It's been too hot to do anything outside here : ( But it's supposed to get down in the 80's the next few days! Hooray!!

We are going to get a load of compost in the morning and I'm hoping to finish the front bed layout (as if any bed is ever finished!) And I got the one side of the dog kennel tilled up, so I can mix some compost in and start planting! It's 40 ft long so I have a lot of work left to do on it! Then off to the fair! I hope I can find some neat things like Tracy did!

Night All
Vic

o

"popping my head out of the garden"...I'm here. I just got so far behind on my weeding and house cleaning that I've been trying to catch up.

Vic, find anything good at the fair?

o
The LIST!!!!!

Morning All!

Here is the list:

jay & rhonda send to kalena
linda sends to nikki
joan sends to dan
kalena sends to dirt
marie sends to vic
deb sends to christie
dan sends to jay& rhonda
christie sends to deb
vic sends to marie
dirt sends to linda
Contact your buddy for their address.Please post confirmation # when you mail out packages! Let the fun begin!!
If I left anyone out please let me know....

later...April/dirt

o
Geez....

I left one out..
nikki sends to joan

later...April/dirt

o

hmmm.....i have one more to send out. if i have enough money i'll have to try to send ya a small plant. LOL i sent one lady a mbop for some 2 iris bulbs. and another one for some seeds and something else. i dont remember. but i know it won't survive here, and more came up than i expected. so i'm keeping one. the only reason i'm sending them is because these gals will love them. LOL i mean really love them. you can tell by the way they talked and they had them where they lived befor, and when they moved they don't have them anymore, its zone compatable. so i said ok. i had to keep a conversation going to check them out for a bit though. because i love these babies. i know. i'm toooooo wierd!! ~Medo

o

I've made contact with Nikki and I'm already plotting..errr..I mean planning on what to send her...

o

Linda I can't wait to see what you come up with:) I've emailed Joan and I'm waiting to hear her likes/dislikes. Hope everyone has a great week! Nikki

o

Medo, are you talking about mexican bop? Did you get those seeds from Ananda/Seraki last yr? if so, I got some too and planted them, so far 2 are survivors. I'm going to keep them as an indoor plant and see how they do.

Speeking of Ananda, has anyone heard from her? I've been wondering about her as I watch my bop's grow.

o

Christie,
Please send me your address. It's in my computer desk somewhere. It's easier to ask for it again, than go through the desk. ;P

Do you still have mine?

Deb

o

Hello Everyone,
I have not logged in since this thread was started. I just wanted to come through to let you know that I am not going to be able to join in any longer.

August was already really busy with me being in a wedding but I thought that I would be able to gather some things and send off a box, well it just got busier for me. School starting and I will be out of town throughout the next two weeks.

Thanks for the offer Deb.

Christie

o

Good Morning All;
I was on the fence about joining and did not but now that Christie has dropped out, I will take her place if that is okay.
Let me know. Thanks.
diene

o

diene i dont see why not, i think its sweet of you to take christie's place:)
sorry you had to drop out christie, its a crazy time trying to go school shopping along with other stuff, my kids are driving me crazy! lol i remember when they were young it was so easy, now that their teens their picky about what they wear.ugh
has anyone checked out the garden junk forum? wow some awseome stuff over there! silicone! lol i need silicone!

o

Good Morning America, and Hello from New York!
Thought I'd take a few minutes and peek in here to see what everyone has been up to since I left home Friday morning. It took a little over 14 hours to get here, but was well worth it!
We went to the Renassaince (horrible spelling, I know) Festival yesterday, and had an absolute blast! There were wandering minstrels, sideshows, falconry, jousting, a parade, and I played a pawn in a live chess-match! Today though, Paula had to go to work, so I've been left with a honey-do list of groceries. (grinning ear to ear) It's not the "love fest" that Vic thinks it was going to be, and that's perfectly fine with me. I won't have a relationship based on sex, they just don't last. I will say this though, it's great to be with the one I love! This morning, over our morning tea (I'm enjoying getting used to that!), Paula gave me a necklace to wear. It's a single dogtag with her first initial engraved on it, and bears a small cross in the lower corner. She's had it for weeks now, in case everything went as well as it's going.
It's been raining a lot here, and hopefully that'll clear up for the weekend. Friday we're going to Herkimer to go diamond mining, and would like to go hiking up in the Adirondacks on Saturday. Sunday, we're planning on spending the day here at the house, just staying in our own little world. That'll be our last day together until she moves to Michigan. Yeah, I'm certain that's going to happen! Ain't it cool?
To all of you who were involved in sending those 3 boxes for my trip, I've got to say again, THANK YOU!!! Paula opened them all up Saturday afternoon, including the ones I'd already opened up. Allison sent a CD with a couple of love songs on it, and really set the mood. I didn't know why the Aleve was sent, but Paula told me it was in case one of us got a headache, so we couldn't use that excuse. hehehe As if I would! Tonight she's coming home to an already-prepared dinnner, and I'm thinking of making her a candlelight dinner for tomorrow. For lunch today, I'm having eggplant parmesan, which will be a first. But, it's what she made for my lunch, so that's what I'll be having.

So, to make a long story short (or is too late already?), all is well here in New York, and I now know I had no reason to be nervous. (I love watching her sleep!)

And, for those I'm going to be trading with in this swap, I'll be in touch via e-mail later this week. If you need to get with me beforehand, my e-mail is dcwolfstar@aol.com. Feel free to use it.

And that's it for me at the moment! I've got some errands to run, and figure out what I'm cooking for dinner!

Why can't I stop giggling to myself? hehehe

Talk to you all later!

-Dan, LSP

o

Diene~ That would be great if you could take Christie's spot.Thank You!

Dan~ glad to hear that everything is going great for you. Good luck with dinner tonight.Don't forget that the smoke alarm is NOT how to tell when dinner is ready.LOL!!

I'm off to dig huge hole for the base of my bottle tree.(while it is still coolish out) It won't be all blue bottles.....yet. I only have about six of those.I want to have it up by the weekend.I love shocking the in-laws! SmileyCentral.com

later...April/dirt

o

Good morning all!
Hope all had a good weekend.
Dan - you are SO in love! Congrats and I'm so happy for you!
April - everyone loves a rebel!
I'm so excited about our swap! It's gonna be so much fun.

Joan

o

LOL I am back and I most certainly LOVE a REBEL April and Joan....
Rebs ma Birthday boy baby

MY REBEL... LOL SUCH A CUTIE EH???

Well I am home and very tired so hope to visit with ya'll tomorrow.

Niters/Morning
Pixie

o

Dan is giggling to himself - how sweet is that!?!
April, shocking the inlaws, huh? I want to see pics of the finished product. You come up with the best ideas. BTW, the moonflower seeds you sent me in the after dark swap are finally blooming and they are huge and gorgeous!!! You also sent something else (B. eyed suzie vine?) that is blooming these sweet little white blooms and it is absolutely precious against a rock retaining wall around the pool. How do you harvest seed from moonvine?
Marie, that easter egg plant has to be about the coolest thing I've ever seen. Will you post pics once you color them? Where can I get one of those? Did you start it from seed?
Tracy, I love, love, love your miniature gardens. I really want to work on my daughter's to make it more authentic and fairylike. I confess, we just started putting all kinds of stuff around hers - the ginormous sunflower hut around it sorta ruined the "miniature" effect. Now that the sunflowers are spent, maybe we can do some clean up and plan fall plantings... hmmm
Pixie, your dog looks like a real sweetie:)
Have a great week everyone. Glad to hear some of you are getting rain. Nikki

o

We're getting rain!!Needed it!!

Nikki~ not sure how to harvest the moonflower seeds. Those were a commercial pack. Maybe somebody else might know.So glad the susie vine (also know as Thunbergia.And they come in many colors)is doing good. My white one got fried the first week while I was in Oregon. Hubby said he watered while I was away......thinking it was just once though!I have the "Salmon Shades" thunbergia trailing out of a pot.Wish it was as fast to load pictures on here as it is myspace!

Pixie~ Rebs is sooo cute!!!(as always!)

What has eveyone been up to? Has everyone heard from their buddies? Anybody getting ready to send out there junk yet?

later...April/dirt

o

Thanks ya'll re. Reb's, he's a ham and thinks he is a lil human boy. LOL Fine with me ;).

Nikki have ya Googled Moonflower seed harvesting? That may help.

YAY on the rain. April!!! Ya'lls Thunbergia sounds beautiful! I also lost several plants to fox's watering while I was in NM, April, maybe its just our hubbys way of conserving water eh??? The "moonflower" (not a moonflower but its beautiful whatever it is) that I received from a seed trade has a seed pod (large) on it and I am patiently waiting for it to get ready to pop so I can see the seeds and share! (gonna be funny when someone looks at the seed and tells me exactly what it is!)

Its been so humid and hot here (oh we did get about 7/8 drops of rain yesterday) that all I have been doing is staying in the pool (too hot to even do that until evening), reading or cross-stitching. I don't think I have ever complained about the heat before but sheesh hades its hot! I am not ready for winter yet though mind ya!

Here is the cross-stitch project I am ALMOST finished with (hopefully)
Photobucket

Finally got my new glasses this week, very cute red frames! Will post a pic of them tomorrow ;)

o

Pixie~ Hope we do finally find out what your 'moonflowers' really turn out to be. That's the reason I sent Nikki a new pack of seeds. Didn't need anymore mystery seeds floating around here in the MNF!
Is the black cloth harder to cross stich on or about the same as the other colors? I have several projects that I have finished over the years(before children). I SOOOO need to get them framed or something!

Linda ~ Hope to get your box mailed out on Monday.

Well I'm off to do more cleaning,only 1 more day till the out....I mean in-laws.. arrive.
later....April/dirt

o

Hi everyone! I'm still around! I'm just really getting bogged down with stuff,(and kids!) I'm soooo ready for school to start, just 3 more weeks. I'm about mentally drained.

April, I probably will not get my box sent out until Monday the 25th. I will be heading to the bigger city for some school shopping that week-end, and will be picking up something then. I hope that is alright.

Jay and Rhonda, if there is any questions you have of me, just email, or go ahead and ask on the forum! I'm really easy to please! I do not have a lot of garden 'junk', so I'll be happy with anything!

Dan, it sounds like you are having a most wonderful time in New York! I'm so glad!

April, have fun with the in-laws!

Have a great day everyone!
Karen

o

I have a picture of my crate that my son got for me! I'm hoping to get several more of these. Between DH and I and lots of people here, there are already several suggestions on what to use it for. This one is earmarked for a bed in my front yard. I'm hoping to get more of them to utilize all the wonderful suggestions! Sitting inside it is a new metal, twin bed headboard for my "Naughty Garden" just for size reference and cause it was sitting there waiting to go into the backyard :)

Photobucket

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to original for details and size

o

Good morning all!
I feel practically reborn! We got RAIN!!!! YEAH!!!
About 3 inches!! Whooo hoooo! & it's also about 10 degrees cooler than it's been being. 90 for the high instead of the usual 98 plus heat index! I'm a new woman!
Hey, the chocolate cake I had for breakfast might have helped with that. :) Yes, cake! Hey, you only live once!
So, I'm still gathering things for my package. Dan is going to LOVE ME! Yes, he is! I'm having the most fun with this! Why is it always better to pick something out for someone else instead of for yourself?? I should be able to mail mine out next Tuesday or Wednesday. Want to make sure he's back home from visiting his honey. Heck, he's probably gonna be too tired to even open it! ;)
Pixie - Reb is a sweetie! & your cross-stitch is beautiful! I'm allergic to needles myself. HA!
Karen - have fun shopping this weekend!
Everyone have a glorious day!!!

Joan

o

Joan~ there is NOTHING wrong with having cake for breakfast! That's what we always have the morning after a birthday!Gald you got rain.I always find it easier to find stuff for someone else tooo!

Kathy~ if we ever get paired in a swap....send me one of those crates!!!Don't know where I would put it ...but I want one!!!LOL!!

Karen~ the 25th will be fine.No rush!!!

later...April/dirt

o

LOL! I know! Isn't it great!? I'm really hoping to get more of them! That one is gonna be right were it sits and made into a container garden. I still have some burlap from the wedding that we used for tablecloths, it has starch in it, but I'm gonna wash it several times, then line the sides to hold the soil in. Then I'll be able to poke holes in it to plant trailing flowers. That way I'll still have the lovely detail of the wood, but it won't just look like a planted box. The bottom in it is solid, closely spaced wood slats.

We've come up with several uses for them: Making tables and benches, storing bags of compost, manure and soil to keep them off the ground and air circulating, making more planters in hard to plant areas of the backyard, storing garden tools/accessories in, storing the kids' outside toys. I would make a compost bin out of them too, but the landlord wasn't real fond of the idea of a compost bin. Oddly, he was fine with the idea of lasagna gardening! Go figure! Was also thinking to set one near the outside faucets and store my hoses and other garden tools close at hand in both the front and back yard.

Any more suggestions? I'm really hoping Jarret can get me more of these.

Kathy

o

Nikki, I am so happy you like the containers but they aren't mine. I found them at the county fair and fell in love with all of the smart ideas that those gardeners came up with. You can bet I'll be stealing some of those ideas next year! :o)

Joan, Chocolate cake for breakfast! Ahhhhh! Now THAT is the right way to start a day off! lol! Congrats on the rain. We got a good soaker this morning. I just finished watering all of my beds really well last night so of course it finally rained today! lol!

Hey Kathy. I like your idea of lining it with burlap and having trailing plants. That will look pretty cool. I have a wooden planter that I've been using for the last 4 years. The bottom broke out of it last fall and my son replaced it for me and drilled some drainage holes. We didn't use treated wood so it is already sagging. If that wood isn't treated I would suggest giving it a coat of water sealer and maybe use some scotch guard or something along those lines on the burlap to give it some extra durability and help in water retention. Just some thoughts based on my container issues. lol.

I hope everyone is doing well. It has been pretty crazy around here too. Hugs!

o

Kathy, great ideas for the crates! Cant wait to see pics of the finished projects!

Joan mmm chocolate cake for breakfast, nothing wrong with that! Yay for you on the rain too! Hopefully everyone that needs rain will get it (hint hint Mother Nature!!) and those that need sunshine will get that!

Here is a picture of the seed pod, April, it kinda looks like a lil segregated lime lol.
moonflower thingie

Here is a picture of a Sunflower that I brought back from NM, I just love this! Beside it are some fuschia (sp) Four O'Clocks that I also brought back from NM. They all went into shock but survived and are doing great now. The sunflower has tons of buds on it and I can't wait for it to bloom, going to be soo pretty!

sunflower from NM

April, the black cloth is harder for me to stitch on, I really thought it would be easier lol but for me its not. (could be because I am blind though lol ;) nah its just hard to see and count the lil squares). I have a few I need to get framed also, thats the worst part of cross-stitching lol.

o

Pixie, what kind of sunflower is that? The foliage looks deep and dark.
So I did a little research on harvesting moonflower seed and from what I can gather a seed pod should form where the bloom was - then I wait till it turns brown and can hear the seed jiggle and it's ready to harvest. I've looked but I don't see any pods - yet. Problem is the blooms fall off and I really can't remember where they were to search for the pod. I'm going to have to creatively mark the stem near a bloom soon. The blooms are gorgeous!
Kathy, you are gonna have to share pics of your finished projects.
Nikki

o

Nikki if the blooms fall off then that means either that they weren't pollinated or pollination didn't make seeds. The seed pod will be formed inside the spent flower or underneath as the flower dies out. You will know it when you see a pod. Try pollinating them yourself, I am no expert on that but I know that several in here know how to do it. The way I do it is I rub the stamen on one flower and get the pollen on my fingers and then rub another stamen, it works some for me but there are better methods I know.

As far as the sunflower, lol, its an unknown variety that I dug up from a field in New Mexico while I was there and brought home. I have no clue but do know that they have very pretty single flowers with a head about the size of a quarter or silver dollar.

o

Hey Nikki, I was thinking since moon flowers don't open up till evening then you will almost definitely need to pollinate it yourself. You can use a nasal aspirator or eyedropper to suck in some pollen and then squirt back into another bloom or do like Pixie mentioned and dab your finger from one flower to the next. I've also heard of people using q-tips too. You can pollinate by moonlight. How romantic is that? lol!

o

LOL Told ya there was someone in here that knew how to do it! I just didn't want to mention names! Nikki I am writing the directions down this time also, although have heard them over and over and should have them memorized by now.

I have to show ya'll my new glasses (yeppers got a big dose of heart swell from someone special to me) but also wanted to show ya'll my "spooky reflection eyes"!!!! LOL I do like the glasses, still getting used to them after contacts but hopefully will eventually have contacts again in the future..
spooky eyes

o

talla said why can't i see her wings?? i said cuz their on her back, tabor said, not all wings are visible! she said ok, WHEW!!!! LOL :') she also said to tell you hi, and your glasses look pretty cool!! :')
i love that crate kathy!! man, i'd put that landscaping fabric in it, so it won't fall apart, then fill it with soil, and stuff it with plants!! OH YA!!! LOL i see ya'll are just having lots of fun !!! YAY :') that's so awesome!! gotta git going!! see ya'll later!! have a great day!! ~Medo

o

Medo, I'm gonna put in burlap left over from our wedding (we used it for tablecloths with the western theme) and gonna fill that with soil, then poke holes in the burlap on the sides where the slats open and plant trailing plants between the slats :) This one is definitely gonna be a planter in the front yard where it sits right now. It's near the gas meter and lines, where I'm really wary of digging. So it will solve my problem of planting there.

Kathy

o

Sometimes I feel so blonde - of course the moonflowers need to be pollinated... and I thought I knew all about the birds and the bees:) I will be out with my qtips tonight. April, I found a pic of the b-eyed suzi vine:
???
Have a great weekend! Nikki

o

Oh.. we got some exciting news earlier this week.. my brother in law and sister in law who is adopting the two little boys.. well, I hate to say I told them so.. but... hehehe.. Farah is 8 weeks pregnant!

YAY!

Kathy

o

Kathy, love the crate! That sounds like a neat idea you have with the bed in it!

We went to the fair! No pretty plants like Tracy seen though. I did get a picture of the ONE AND ONLY ride Zack went on by himself LOL
It was just a little race car track and the guy said he would have no problem by himself! I didn't see it going before he got on and when it went around the curve it whipped the cars around it! He was trying so hard to be brave and not cry! (and I was too!)

Photobucket

Of course I had to go on EVERY RIDE with him after that! LOL

Off to go unload some compost! The weather has been great the last 2 days, nice and cool!

Vic

o

that is a cool idea kathy!! and vic he is growing up so fast!! talla and i sent him an email, she thought he'd like it! its the one with the animals. :') ~Medo
ps i HATE HATE HATE HATE vista!! now it won't read my dvd/cd drive, and its to new to be a bad drive, i'be been reading that alot of people have that problem!! i hate it, cuz i'm pc illiterate and cannot fix it!! hugs ~Medo

o

Medo, Thanks!I liked the burlap idea too and when I mentioned it Cliff said "That's just what it needs! I was trying to think how to keep the soil from falling out of the slats!"

I know what you mean about Vista. My PC has it and I'm not happy with it at all. They can put out all the patches and updates they want and I still don't like it. In the past, after having been a Beta tester for AOL for many years, I have always avoided getting the 1st or 2nd editions of anything. Because they always have the most irritating bugs. But when I bought this PC it was because the power supply on mine had gone completely out and I could not find another one for it. So, I had my extra memory bars and the extra HD that was in it removed and had all the stuff hooked into this one. Paid someone to do that because I didn't have the right equipment to do it. Even with the majority of my stuff moved, and this being the dual processor, I still very strongly dislike Vista. If I had the extra money, I'd buy Win98 and have it installed on this PC. While I understand that for some folks, Vista is more user friendly in the fact that it sort of automates the maintenance, etc., I still do not like not being able to manually correct some things. Or manually preform some operations. Not to mention that Vista does some weird stuff, like deciding some things for me. No, I do NOT want most of my downloaded things to go to the desktop! I want to put it into the file I want it in to begin with! And then it can be really touchy about interpreting info from the CD/DVD drive. And this one didn't come with a floppy drive, I had to buy an external one because believe it or not, I have tons of info, data, pictures, etc on floppies from many years ago. Like some of the creative writing I do. I'm slowly getting stuff like that transferred to CD, but it's annoying.

*deep breath* Sorry... Vista rant over, at least for the moment and until my annoying OS manages to irritate me again.

Kathy

o

Medo, Zack loved the email!

EVERYONE I've talked to that has Vista hates it!!
I can't believe they haven't come up with something better yet.

Marie, I did ans. your last email (just in case you didn't get it, I'm having a terrible time with email lately)
Good luck on your surgery, I bet your getting excited!

Joan, I forgot to mention, the morning I read you had cake for breakfast I remembered we had strawberry pie in the frig! Thanks for the breakfast tip! LOL

April, how's the bottle tree coming along? Any pics yet??

Night All,
Vic

o

ya, talla tells me, MOM don't read the stuff to me i just want to see all the pictures!@!! :') so all of my friends send me the animal stuff, its just so cute!! and i don't know who loves it more, her or i??? LOL and the sayings are just cute alot of them fit too, and sometimes i can get her to kinda read, ohhhhh and yesterday she soundedout and spelled frog, which i know, she should be doing, but i was so proud, she did it on her own and this k12 is awesome!! i'm not surprised it was frog, she loves them! they keep the skeezites (mosquitos) away from her fairies. LOL ~Medo

o

Pretty quite around here lately.......

I heard Dan was going to meet the Parents! I wonder how it went, sure hope he didn't take them any brownies! LOL

Marie, your cool spell is about to end, if it hasn't already! Ours ended sooner than they thought it would, but it was nice while it lasted!
Let us know how your surgery goes, I don't know if you will have a computer while you're there or not.

I'm thinking of doing some home schooling with Zack, just for pre-school, if I'm not working we can't really afford it right now. (I can't believe you have to pay for pre-school! Some education system we have!) He is only 3, so I figure I can do it this year and he can also go again next year. I am kinda worried about the schools here, I've had several people comment to me about them. I've been told that he is very smart (he is my only child, so I've got nothing to compare to) When checking into pre-schools they all seem to be teaching colors, shapes, and the alphabet. He has known these since he was 2, my previous daycare woman had always told me how bright he was, and couldn't believe how fast he picked up on things and how well/clearly he could speak.
I also had a woman ask me if I was going to home school, when I said no, she said "how do you think he will do in the schools here?" When I asked her what she meant, she said that he is very smart, and didn't know if the school systems around here could accommodate him. I'm not really sure what to do now. I don't know that I am smart enough to do a good job, or if I have the self discipline LOL

Oh, if it sounds like I'm bragging a little, I guess I am : )

Vic

o

Vicky,
I am sending out your box this afternoon. BRAG all you want! I do all the time :) My daughter went to kindergarden when she was 4, she wanted to go so bad as her older brother got to. I had the school test her and they said that she was a very smart little girl :) I taught my little darlin's just the basic's when they were small, the sitters taught them some other stuff and then I let the public schools take over. I didn't have the self discipline to home school! Most schools out here test in the first month and anyone that is above average is placed according to that. One of my ex's nephews went to school up there, very gifted kid and his mom is a teacher, so I know they have them. When you sign him up, make sure you ask about testing and advanced classes. Also ask around when you get know people - word of mouth is the best information as they don't post most of that stuff.

I will let everyone know how my surgery goes and how much fun I had shopping on Friday :)
Marie

o

Marie, I thought you were sending after your surgery? Boy, you're quick! LOL
Yours isn't ready yet : (
Vic

o

vic, i'd charter under another school that does k12, and homeschool that little once they go to school, that's it!! LOL and right now, talla is learning continents, and is picking up on it just great, when they say we only use 10%, i have to say its so true. k12 has a way of accessing it all. all you have to do is just follow the pages. that's it. and they send you everything you need. you just have to get the stuff you'd regularly get for school. like the paper , or in her case construction paper and paint. tthings like that. and fruits and veges, but you have that, that's for science to show how your taste buds work. its very awesome!! for pre school, they've got tons of stuff you can just run off that i did for tabor. and like making sure he knew his numbers to 10 and could recognize them. and recognize his alphabet. i bought the big apple coloring book for tabor and he loved it. i also taught him to read by the time he was in k. that was easy, but this girl. no way!! LOL but she's finally doing it a little. LOL its more of spelling. i could send ya some stuff to your email if ya want? ~Medo

o

Medo, that would be great if you could send me some info. Like I said, I'm just going to do some things at home now while I'm not working, then I will do like Marie said and see about having him tested and possibly starting Kindergarden next year when he turns 4.

He knows his alphabet, and can recognize the letters, and numbers up to 10, and count to 18. He just started doing addition, kinda, he will hold up 3 fingers on one hand and 3 fingers on the other and say 3 & 3 make 6, he started doing that on his own.

I just figure while I'm home, I might as well keep him going.

o

he is a bright little guy, heck i'd go ahead and see how he likes to write. talla hates it!! but in k she had to do alot of that in her first week. after that we took her out, the boys picking on her, but especially the one. i'll go thru and see what i havent deleted and send it to ya and you can just see what ya want. LOL after that, i'm just gona delete them all. we like k12 so much we're sticking with it. and my aunt is now doing it, she has twins tabors age. she loves the freedom. LOL i said yup!! LOL

o

Morning All!!!

Sorry not to be around much lately! Been busy with the in-laws.No pic of my bottle tree yet, but Bro-in-law thinks I'm nuts!!! LOL!!

Linda~your box will be flying today. Confirmation #
0103 8555 7493 3960 9155
Please let me know if the plants arrive alive!

Hope everyone has a great day!

later...April/dirt

o

Anyone ever cook with a pressure cooker? I've used one for canning, but that one had a gage and made me feel "safer" I'm going to use one for the first time today, it's one I bought at a garages sale, I've done all the checking on the seal and the vents, but if you don't hear from me for a couple days............ J/K!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a job interview Monday!! The position I'm going for is only 20 hrs/wk, BUT has full benefits!! WHOO HOO health ins. again - it sure scares me not to have it with the little guy! And she said there are several more openings that I would be qualified for that they would go more into detail on Mon. This is the local hospital, and is known for helping put employees through school for further education! Maybe I can get started on my RN. I don't want to get too excited yet, but can't help it!

Well, that's it for know!
Vic

o

Hello There Everyone! I got some unexpected time off this afternoon and decided to catch up on reading the threads, so here I am! I'm supposed to be resting with an icepack on my left eye, but when have I ever been able to follow directions? The icepack is because I got hit in the corner over my eye with a heavy box today at work, nothing serious, just a burst blood vessel and a slight headache, and apparently I'll have a black eye within the next few days. There'd have been less damage if the box had fallen on my head, but that's the way it goes sometimes. Miss the hard head, and make me look like I've been in a fight! LOL!
I think I spent more time consoling Paula than anything. She was on the cellphone talking to me when it happened. Scared her a bit!

We had a lot of fun last week, though one of her aunts died last Tuesday and the funeral was Friday. They weren't real close, and it's a HUGE family (her mom was 1 of 17 kids), but we dealt with it okay. Saturday I got to meet some of her family at a birthday party, and man, can the ladies in her family cook! Didn't get to meet her parents because they're not alive, but the family I did meet seemed to like me well enough. That may change though when they find out I'm mostly Irish and want to marry Paula.

And Vic? You're gonna have to tell me what the coughdrops were for. Paula had no clue either. We made good use of the rest of the stuff you ladies sent, especially the vanilla/almond oil. She likes it when I wear it behind my ears! hehehe, oooooooh, yeah!

I can see that I've missed a lot these past couple of weeks, that's for sure. Hopefully this'll find everyone feeling better and better! And, for those of you who aren't sick or feeling down, save these cheerful wishes for when they're needed!

I've got a question for anyone who has a cat amongst y'all. Is there a rehab center for cats? While I was away, my two boys got into the catnip and have become a couple of stoners. The plant is now outside, recovering from their "attentions", and they keep whining about me taking their "weed" away. They sure were a couple of happy cats when I got home!

Jay & Rhonda, I just sent you an e-mail asking for your addie.

Joan, do you have mine? I can't remember if you do or not, way too much has been happening these past couple of weeks!

More later.
-Dan

o

Great news on the job interview Vic!Will keep our fingers crossed for ya. I have never used a pressure cooker(I'm a big chicken!)My mom has plenty of times without any problems though.

later...April/dirt

o

Hello Vic;
No idea on the pressure cooker, not even sure what they look like.
Deb, I sent your box today
DC 0306 2400 0002 2080 1846
I hope everything survives. I can send pictures of most of it once it lands.
diene

o

Well, I did my pressure cooked pork roast and it was the best!! I can't believe how much better it was than the crock pot! and only took 34 min.

Dan, Ummm, well......I'm not sure if I can go into that on here! LOL

Thanks April! I've got mine crossed too!!

Gotta go work on Maries "junk" hehehe

Vic

o

Good morning everyone! Sounds like everyone's been busy!
Dan, I think I'm going to wait and send your box out Monday if that's ok? I don't want it to sit at the post office over the weekend. I was going to send yesterday, but I keep finding things to put in it! LOL May have to go to a bigger box if this keeps up!
Good luck on the job Vic!
Have a great day all!

PS - Dan, you sure you didn't that black eye trying out some of the things the girls sent you? :)

o

Jay and Rhonda,

I sent ya an email via gardenweb, let me know if you don't receive it!

Have a great day!
Karen

o

Vic, e-mail me privately then, and end the mystery, willya?

EJ, Monday will be fine, silly girl. As if those packages just "sit" during the weekend! But, that's already been discussed before....
And, as for the black-eye, it happened at the post office just like I said, and I've got witnesses to prove it because they saw it happen.

And now, it's off to dump the kitty litter in the park dumpster, and off into my garden to plant some new irises I got today from a local iris farm! I bought American Classic, Dazzling Gold, Swingtown, Isn't This Something, Merlot, Queen of Angels, Tempting Fate, and Titan's Glory.
And, next year, I'm going to try crossing some of them!

o

I GOT MY BOX!!! WOW MARIE!!

I got my GIGANTIC BOX today!!
I am soooo happy with it!
It was delivered UPS and Jamie came in lugging this huge box asking "are you expecting something by UPS?" I said yes, my Mom sent Zack something and she sent it UPS, well Zack got all excited that he got a present and then Jamie said it was from WY. So I knew it was from Marie and was going to just "share" my box with him like I usually do.
BUT, I didn't have to, because inside was a box for Zack!
He tore it open and said "Mom! my very own garden gloves!!"
(I have not been able to find little ones out here!)
he has worn them all night!
and he also got...
Chocolate scented sunflower plants
Jade plant (he was so happy to have his "own" indoor plant!)

Then I pulled out.....
Hosta - Golden fanfare
Blue spruce sedum (I love this! never seen one before!)
Phlox - Orange Perfection
A BIG bag of Asiatic lilies - yellow, white, & purple
and kwanzo DL's
an Amarilis
and another Big bag full of Iris - mixed colors - there must be over 12 in it!
AND for my garden "junk"
an adorable little wheelbarrow
and this little froggy man plant stand that is about 2 1/2 ft tall! (Zack has already claimed this and has his Jade plant in it!)
- I will take pics and post them, it is just sooo cute! -
Marie, THANK YOU! I LOVE MY BOX!!!

And tonight it's raining! Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 70's!!! perfect for planting!! whoohoo!!! I just got more compost down and got the spot by the dog kennel ready for plants too! What timing.

Dan, nice score on the Iris! I was wanting to get to the Farmer's Market and get some but now I have a bunch!
The cough drop thing is just killin ya isn't it! LOL
I'm surprised one of the other "culprits" hasn't chimed in yet on what they are for! Of course, I don't know if it's true, it's just what I was told! "straightening halo"

Joan, thanks for the luck! This is gonna be a looooong weekend waiting till Monday! (at least Marie's box will keep me busy!)
I have mixed emotions on going back to work, I've really loved being home with Zack, in a sorta stressed out way. (not because of him, but just not having the extra $ to do stuff) That's why I was thrilled to hear I could get benefits at 20 hrs a week! I'm sure it will be reflected in the pay scale though......

ok, gotta run, I've gotta get Marie's "junk" done! I'm sure it will pale in comparison to what she sent me...
Vic

o

Diene,
I have your box ready! I stayed up late and finished packing up the plants. I hope everything travels well, if not let me know. ;) I'll post the DC first thing in the morning when I return home from the post office.

I'm catching up on all swaps! YAY! I fell a little behind due to a sick turtle. The vet broke his leg during a routine exam. Now, I'm giving him antibiotic shots, and handfeeding him several times a day. It's a lot of work!

Diene,
I'll let you know when the box arrives!

Deb

o

Dan ~ Is there a rehab center for cats? ~
OMG that is so funny! My sister has a cat rescue - not on purpose just kind of happend - as of Monday with the 5 newest kittens being born, she has 17!! She thought it would be a nice to get the older ones a couple of plants to play in outside... she called me in hysterics! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen... they were 'dancing' and looking like something out of a 3 ring circus act! Heads up to anyone that is feeling down: get catnip and watch a cat go crazy! Guaranteed to make you laugh till you cry and your tummy muscles sore all day!

Vic,
So glad you like your box! My dog loves laying under my only tree in the yard and that is where the Hosta was. Since you have a nice pen for your doggy - I thought that it would be much happier at your house! I had great plan's to make you something for your yard but.... ya, well you got a frog LOL A few of the Iris will bloom purple but for the most part they 'should' be all different colors. I have over 100 different ones but only 4 bloomed this spring and I can find the paper telling me where they all are and their names.

My lasics went great! I could see within seconds after they were finished and with in 1 1/2 hours drove myself to the motel. I took a short nap and went shopping :) Found some awsome deals at the out let stores, then got take out from a 'noodle' place started by college students - YUMMY!! On Wednesday morning my vision, even with the swelling, was 20/20. In the next week that will be down and my sight will be even better. I have no dryness and love being able to open my eyes in the morning and seeing everything so clearly. Life is good....

Marie

o

My box from April arrived this morning! What an awesome box! The following cool stuff was in it:
Plants:
Monarda Blue Stocking (I've been wanting one of these)
Crazy Daisy (there's always room for daisies)
Sunday morning daylily (I have developed a great fondness for daylilies)
Toad Lily (I think these are just so cool looking!)
Pineapple sage (this even smells good)

all the plants are soaking in the plant "hot tub" right now.

She also included:
plant stakes and pen (now maybe I can figure out what some of these plants are coming up)
a hanging sun (it will go on my porch)
dragon fly stepping stone (this will go in my front garden)
and a cute "bottle bug" it's a glass jar with glass stones for eyes and wire for wings. I have just the place for it!

Thanks April, you outdid yourself!

o

Hi All! Sounds like great boxes have already started arriving. I have been slammed with work and meetings all week this week so I haven't had time to stop by - or to get my box in the mail. I'm not creative but I know someone who is... I'm waiting for her to finish the main "junk" item. She made me one at the beginning of the summer and I absolutely love it. I hope Joan will like hers. I plan to have the box out by midweek. I hope everyone has a great weekend! Nikki

o

WOW!!! Those're some great boxes! You guys are making me wish I had one to open up this weekend! I just can't figure out which is more fun though, opening up a box, or filling one up and sending it! hehehe

And Vic, those coughdrops are now in the medicine cabinet. Since you won't tell, I'm gonna have to just move on and use them for what the factory intended.... ***sighing to myself with a hopefully believable show of dignity*** Of course, should you wish them to be used otherwise, you'll have to let me know what your intentions were, and I'll see it through once the Lady Paula has arrived..... (grinning like a fool) ***ahem*** (learned that one from Linda...)

o

ohhhhh man!! those boxes look awesomely perfect!! **big smile**
i am so happy!! i as in me, hs fixed my pc, i went to the system restore, somehow, and reinstalled the humvee?? dvd and now it works like a charm again!! WOO HOO!! i am so happy!!
did ya get any good use from that stuff i sent ya vic?? i hope so!! :') now i have to clean out all of that stuff!! LOL hope ya all have a great week!! ~Medo

o

Linda, great box, I would love to see pics of your stuff!

Medo, yes, been using a lot of it. Thanks again!

Ok, here's what Marie got me! It is sooo cute, I took a pic of Zack too so you can see how big it is.

Photobucket

froggy & wheelbarrow from Marie

I've rotated that darn picture at least 10 times but photobucket keeps putting it back sideways!!! sorry

night all
Vic

o

My box for Diene went out today. USPS #0307 0020 0003 4317 6008.

Diene's box arrived today, Thanks so much Diene! The plants look really good and I love all the other goodies! I'll post tomorrow what Diene sent. It's been such a long day. I just wanted to pop in quickly and let Diene know the box arrived! And as always, I'm thrilled with what she sent!

Be back tomorrow to post more on Diene's box!

Deb

o

Good Morning All!!!
Linda~glad you liked the box of junk.I had fun making the items & few of the plants are good for butterfly gardens.

I'm hoping everyone has heard from their swap buddies by now. Please get you boxes mailed out this week ,so we can get this swap closed,& Sept's host can get started.
Here is an updated list of who has sent or received:

jay & rhonda send to kalena
linda sends to nikki
joan sends to dan
kalena sends to dirt
marie sends to vic ~ received
deb sends to diene~sent
dan sends to jay& rhonda
diene sends to deb ~received
vic sends to marie
dirt sends to linda~ received
Please let me know if I missed anyone.

I'm off for a while.We, in-laws included, have really bad colds! (Bro in law brought it down here.)We should've bought stock in Kleenx the way we are using them!
later...April/dirt

o
Mystery of the 'Moonflower' seed I planted!!

April, hope you get to feeling better soon! Thought ya'd get a kick outta this, Im in shock!!!

The seeds you sent were moonvine, BUT apparently I had planted some other kind of seed in the pot before. The seed pod that I have been watching ripend and burst!!! It started to open last Weds. so I plucked it and brought it into the house, well on Thursday it had "burst" all the way and there was all this white soft stuff in there, I felt through the white stuff and found a seed lol, (any one get it yet?) well I showed it to Fox and said look how weird this seed pod is... He looked at me really funny and said "you know what that is don't you?" "ummm well no should I?" He asked where I got it and so I showed him the plant, (Now I really feel DUHHH) He said "Pix, ya grew a cotton plant" OK ya can laugh now. I DO remember getting "white cotton" seeds in my very first swap and planting them, just figured they wouldn't grow in the kind of soil that was in the pot so never gave them another thought. Hey its not like I have spent alot of time in cotton fields after all!

Anyways, that solves the story of what kind of plant I have!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I will be mailing mine next week..I already talked to Nikki about it.."S"

o

Ok, I'm back and ready to post the contents of Diene's box. I was so tired last night, that I shouldn't even been on the computer at all! ;)

Diene sent~
A couple of hosta, some iris, piece of variegated sedum (I LOVE variegated plants), notecards, seashells (flat silverdollar size, so pretty). Diene, did you find these?
Arbonne handlotion, variegated spider plant baby, dumb cane? Not sure on the plant yet (have to look it up), peat pots, salt water taffy, paper seed bags, cute ladybug for the garden! I hope I didn't forget anything, I'm going off memory! Diene, Thank you so much for such a nice box!

I hope you like your box and everything travels well. If anything perishes during the trip, please let me know. I'll replace it. Hoya's are pretty hardy, though. I only sent plants because I know how you feel about 'stuff'. ;)

Deb

Pic of Toby
Photobucket

o

Hello Deb;
I am so excited. I am glad everything made it, by the way, there are three different kinds of hostas although they are all variegated. One is mostly white with a small amount of forest green, one is forest green with white stripes and the third is more a pale green with white. They will be interesting if you put them next to each other. The sedum is very tall also.
The house plant is a type of variegated bamboo I think but I really do not know. It was part of a garden like floral arrangement I received over ten years ago. It is quite hardy.
Enjoy.
diene

o

Pixie~SmileyCentral.com
I'm so glad the seeds WERE moonfvine after all.I always felt sooo bad about that!
later...April/dirt

o

So, your a cotton farmer and didn't know it huh Pix! LOL

Marie, your box will be going out this week, I was waiting to pick you up some Iris at the Farmers Market yesterday, and when I went there the stand was gone!! : (
I have a few finishing touches to put on your junk, hehe.
It is taking me a little longer than I anticipated, and Jamie was out of town for work last week, he got home Thurs and has wanted my undivided attn: )
Sorry for the delay.
Glad to hear your lasik went well!!!
Vic

o

Oh, I forgot to mention, Marie also sent me some of her tangerine coneflower seeds! I fell in love with them when she put a pic up on the aug. pics thread!
Thanks again Marie!
Vic

o

Been out in the garden today, collecting seeds and pulling/moving plants around. I also got Jay & Rhonda's box out for them finally. Sorry it took so long! The dc# is 0307 0020 0005 4409 0585

o

April, I'm day behind, my box will go out tomorrow! I received a message from Jay & Rhonda, and my package went out today.

Have a great day!
Karen

o

Hello All;
I was the recipient of a box full of different kinds of hoyas. What are hoyas? I have done a bit of research and they are some really neat plants. I need to do a bit more research and I have put the plants in water while I figure it out but I am thrilled.
Winter is fast approaching here and today's paper said it was going to be a bad one.
How much fun will it be to have flowering plants in the house in the winter. Deb promised me they were easy which is what I need. Thanks so much for all the plants and an introduction to a new vice.
I hope to return the favor.
She also sent a bunch of seeds which I have yet to peruse. Deb knows that I have plenty of my own junk and do not need anyone elses.
Thanks, Deb.
diene

o

Morning All! We are slowly getting back to normal(well normal for us anyway!)now that the in-laws are gone. Seems that we are getting a vist from Fay! It's been raining since Sunday night & no signs of it letting up. Lake Lanier needs EVERY drop!
Of course today the kids get their school photos made.Thinking that putting Taylor's hair on hot rollers this morning was a waste of our time!Plus tonight is Open House/PTO meeting at the school.Maybe the rain could let up a little before then...

Glad everyone is liking their boxes. Here is the update on the sent list:
jay & rhonda send to kalena~ sent
linda sends to nikki
joan sends to dan
kalena sends to dirt
deb sends to diene~received
dan sends to jay& rhonda ~sent
vic sends to marie

later...April/dirt

o

who sends to Nikki?

o

Ok, swam to the post office and sent Dan's box out today. :)
First Class # 0306 2400 0003 0183 0499. Sorry I'm late.
Hope you like everything Dan!

Joan

o

um, Linda, time to put the bailey's away I guess. YOU send to Nikki! time to cut the dosage, eh? LOL!!!

okay everyone, I sent Linda an e-mail, so maybe, if we take control of her meds for awhile, she'll be alright.

o

Umm, Linda......looks like YOU do! LOL

o
Linda

Umm, Linda......looks like YOU do! LOL

o
Marie

Marie, your package is headed to the PO!
DC#0103 8555 7493 4426 5896

"crossing fingers, hoping she likes it!"

o

April, I have your box packed and ready to go, but realized that I don't have your address! Please send!! I'm going to send ya an email, also.

Great boxes everyone! I received a fantastic one from Jay and Rhonda today! They sent me:

A bird figurine on a tree branch that says welcome (soo cute!!)
A cute little snail, its going in my potted plant inside!
Glass gems, clear, blue, and a translucent (sp?) blue - I've put some in my fish aquarium :)
Mixed Zinnia seeds
Red Poppy seeds
Baby's Breath seeds
Red Tulip bulbs
Siberian Iris bulbs
Glory of the Snow bulbs~ can't wait to see these bloom!
Liatris lavender
and Astilbe simplifolia Hennie Grafland, I'm really excited about this, as I don't have any astilbe. I have a great place for it! Thank you so much for everthing! Love it all!!

Have a great day everyone!
Karen

o
GW is giving me fits today!

Hey Dan, did you manage to pry that bottle of baileys out of Linda's hand yet?

Tracy, looks like we might have to take another trip to Betty Ford. You warm up the van, I'll get the duct tape!

Karen, sounds like a great box!!

o

"hiding Bailey's"...I knew that...I just wanted to see if you guys were awake...."looking up at the ceiling".....

o

Wooooo lookie at all the cool goodies everyone is getting! Awesome!

Vic, I've got the van all warmed up and ready to go! Uh, er, we taking Dan or Linda? Both? Why does Linda keep looking up at the ceiling? Is she hallucinating?

o

okay, I know that I send to Nikki...but who does Nikki send too?..."eyes crossed from looking at list"

o

Now I understand! I just looked at the first list and Nikki sends to Joan. ROFL! It's not posted on the updated swappers list.

o

"pouring another dollap of Bailey's in my tea"..whew...glad we have that straightened out!

o

Maybe I'm the one who should be carted off. That's the 2nd time I fogotten to post who Nikki sends to.SmileyCentral.com Guess I'll lay off of the cough syrup! LOL!!!

Looks like lots of boxes were flying today!Here is yet another updated(and hopefully correct) list:
linda sends to nikki
joan sends to dan ~sent
kalena sends to dirt
dan sends to jay & rhonda ~sent
vic sends to marie~sent
nikki sends to joan

later...April/dirt

o

ROFL!!!! Looks like I've been the topic of some hilarious conversation today! Gosh, I'll take what Linda is having - or maybe I shouldn't (wink). TOO Funny!
For the record, I'm sending to Joan and her box went out today. I can't find my little slip with the confirmation number but I will send it when I find it.
Note to Joan, this is the "plants" box. The garden "junk" item is ordered from a friend in a neighboring city and she is mailing it to you direct (no sense paying for the gas to drive 40 miles one way). Great box, Karen. I know you'll love your astilbe. Making my way into the next room... Nikki

o

Vic,

Zack is just to cute! He is smiling as big as the frog : )
I am excited about my box! I also went to the Farmers market but just bought veggies. I got the best Jalapino's that were not hot at all, kalarabi & yellow squash. Sunday Megin & I had grilled poppers & squash - yummy!!

Deb,
Toby is so sweet. thanks for sharing & please post more when ever the mood strikes : ) My Boston's name was
Lord J.R. Woofenstein! Great doggys....

Marie

o

My Boston's name is Snarf. He's a sweet boy and very smart. I adore the way they cock their heads when you talk to them! So, does anyone recognize the significance of his name?

Kathy

o

Nikki's box will be mailed out tomorrow. I found the one other thing I was looking for..(yah!)..."offering some tea with Bailey's to Nikki"..try some, you'll like it!.."G"

o

Vic,

Thank you so much for the great box! Wonderful choice in plants!! I have been wanting a Kalanchoe ever since I killed my last one :0 I don't know what happened to it, I came to work one day and it had croaked. Since she blooms red, I potted her in a green pot.

and this is the other plants that Vicky sent:
Yellow Flowering Sedum - I need stuff like this to help with ground cover. The wind has already started blowing steady in anticipation for fall and the dirt/sand is terrible!

Vinca!!!! I always have room for this - they bloom for so long in the spring and make life prettier : )

24 mixed Crocus - I was just thinking about ordering some of these. I am planting them in my lawn, they will be awsome in the spring!

A gift for Megin - have to wait till she open's it before I post as I can't tell through the wrap... Also lots of bubble wrap - I am running low and can't find it here LOL & PURPLE TAPE!! Okay, Vic I have to know where you got this, very cool.

Now for the 'Junk'
An absolutly adorable Frog in a Hammock! Plenty of rope to hang him from my big Cottonwood tree!!
and..... drum roll for Vic here:
A Bird House/Nest Hand Woven by VICKY! you did a great job on every thing.
This picture doesn't do it justice but I wanted to share and let everyone know how talented you are! Yes, I am at work and they are on my desk..
Thanks Vic!

Thanks again!
Marie

o

Marie, I'm glad you liked your box. LMK if the bird house falls apart! LOL! It's the first time I've made one! And I am curious to see if the birds actually use it!

You want bubble wrap?? My brother gave me 3 cases of it when I moved! I have been saving it as I unpack! LOL

Vic

o

Nikki, here is your confirmation number: 03080730 0000 5993 9965....I had a card that I was going to enclose and I found it on my desk after I came back from the postoffice...grrrr....I hope you like everything..let me know if the plants made it okay!

o

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to let you know, April, that I sent your box yesterday! It has a dc# but I don't have it by me at the moment. I hope you like everything!

Have a good evening everyone! I'm going to be canning tomatos.

Karen

o

Afternoon All!!
All the boxes are flying out!!!YAY!!!
Yet another updated list:
linda sends to nikki ~sent
joan sends to dan ~sent
kalena sends to dirt~sent
vic sends to marie~received
nikki sends to joan~sent

Don't forget to post when your box arrives & let us know what's inside!!!!

Karen~ I will keep my eye out for it!

Feeling lazy so posted link to my bottle tree through my myspace page.Please ignore weeds in background!

Having yard sale tommorow...yay...,so back to pulling out stuff we never use & pricing it. Later...April/dirt

Here is a link that might be useful: My bottle tree

o

WHOOO HOOOO! I officially nominate Nikki as QUEEN OF MNF GARDEN JUNK! Got my box last night and it was WONDERFUL!
My husband said I looked like a kid on Christmas morning! I had a BLAST going through it!
I got:
Plants:
Mexican Heather
Joseph's Coat
Mums (Yellow)
Japanese Hollyfern
2 BIG bags of seeds for:
Yellow Hollyhock
Purple Top Turnip (hubby wants me to put out next week for fall)
Siloam Little Girl Daylily
Seed packs of:
Shasta Daisy
Basil
Zinnia
Convoluulus
Bulbs:
(2) Gloxinia
(1) Canna
6 Copper Plant Stakes (Nice!) & the sweetest little rabbit water bulb for one of my pots!
It was all just wonderful and NIKKI - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!!
ALSO THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR LETTING ME JOIN IN!

Joan

o

Joan, you have mail. I wanted to remind you that the "junk" item is still on the way. I mailed the plants separately so that you would have them by the weekend. I'm sorry that your other surprise may be late a day or two. I'm happy you enjoyed your box! Nikki

o
Look what I got !!

My box arrived today!!! Thanks so much Karen I love it all!! For the 'junk' she sent a blue blown glass hummingbird feeder & a blue,green,& mirror hanging garden decoration(see photo!)
For the plants:(I had NONE of these!)
'From a Distance' Iris
'Parfait Bubbles' Iris
'Lullabye Baby' Daylily
Lady's Mantle
Seeds: (NONE of these either;> )
~Phlox Dwarf Mix
~Cosmos 'Sensation Mix'
~Columbine wine color
~Coreopsis 'Jethro Tull
~Jacobs Ladder violet
Thanks again!!

my garden

Updated Swap List:
linda sends to nikki ~sent
joan sends to dan ~sent
kalena sends to dirt~received
nikki sends to joan~received

Almost done,we can spend all our time over in Linda's pool!!!
later...April/dirt
sorry for the sideways photo. I'm starting to hate photobucket!

o

hello y'all!
April, I thought I'd update your list for you. According to usps.com, jay & rhonda received their box Thursday morning, and I'm still looking for mine from Joan to arrive, hopefully today.

Have a good weekend everyone!
-Dan

o

April,
What a great box!
I had the same problem with pb, it seems to take them awhile to turn the pic! Drives me crazy!

Jay & Rhonda,
Please share with us what you got! We all want to know!

Dan,
Glad you are feeling better! It's great that you have Paula there to help you through this! She sounds like such a sweetie (as you've told us! hehe) I'm so happy for you that you found her!

Vic

o

April - I am impressed that you already have your items hanging so pretty! I love them both and they look great together. Dan, I was getting worried about ya. Tell Paula thanks from the gang for helping you recoup. It looks like it may dry up around here enough for me to get in the yard today. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has fun in the dirt today. Nik

o

Hey Nikki,
You don't have to rub it in that you've been getting rain! LOL! I'm going to do laundry today just so I can water my plants! (I only use grey water for them d/t the cost of having our cistern filled)

OH, that reminds me!
I didn't tell you guys what I did! I'm sure most of you know I don't have a well or city water, we have a cistern that supplies our house with water and when we are low I call the company and they come fill it, PIA!
Anyhow, I had just had it filled and was doing laundry about 5 days later, the washer was filling with rinse water and for some reason the "drain" on it didn't close, I heard the washer start to fill and didn't think anything about it till about 3 1/2hrs later and noticed it was STILL filling, but, the water was running right out into my grey water tank which overflowed and was flooding the back yard! (of course I have NO plants out there that got watered, just the clay!) What a mess! And I emptied over half of our water tank! Jamie wasn't too happy about it, but I told him that he promised me grass so maybe he should stop and buy some grass seed on the way home! LOL

Vic

o

April, those suncatchers are gorgeous! I love the blue and green glass! That will go so nicely with your bottle tree collection! I'm jealous!

Karen, you always send the most amazing boxes!

Vic, I can only say OH NO! I think I'd hide under my blankets after that. I hope you get some rain soon and refill the cistern so hubby won't be so cranky. :o)

o

Tracy, the rain doesn't fill our cistern, It is a 2200 gal plastic tank in the ground that acts as out "well" it holds the water for the house like a well would, it can only be filled with clean water so we have a water company that comes out and fills it. (Ya I know, sounds like the stone ages! At least I don't have to go down to the river with a bucket! LOL)
The ground here is too hard and rocky for a well and it would have to be a very deep one, if you could even find water. And we are too far out of town to get city water.

o

Wow, that is one heck of a set up. Too bad it doesn't allow for the trickle down of run-off water. We are on a well here. It's only 40 feet down and is small but manages to keep up with us. We replaced the pump on it this year and will need to replace the pressure tank this fall. This stuff can be a pain. I miss city water but not the monthly water and sewer bills so I won't complain too much! lol!

o

I received my box from Linda today and she sent me the best stuff!!! She sent:
Plants:
Malya Cebrina
Bat faced cupea
cleome
cardinal vine
All of these plants are new to me so I need to do a little research to make sure I keep them happy. If you have any tips, Linda, let me know.
Fun stuff:
sunflower wind spiral
little blue birdhouse
pansy scented candle
lady bug ornament
socks with flowers on them
windchime with a hummbird at the top. WAY COOL!
She even sent my daughter a fairy ornament and the cutest little handmade fairy door that you have ever seen. It even has hinges and a doorknob. How cute is that?
Linda, you obviously put a lot of thought into my box of goodies. I absolutely love everything and can't wait to get everything properly placed in the gardens. Nikki

o

Thanks for the update Dan!

Cool Box you got there Nikki!!

Updated list:(once again)
linda sends to nikki ~received
joan sends to dan ~sent
dan sends to jay & rhonda ~received

Just two more to be arrive & we are all done!!

Thanks to you all for making my first time hosting pretty easy!
later....April/dirt

o

April, I'm glad everything made it safely, and you liked it! I wanted to let ya know that I did receive Jay and Rhonda's box and have posted about it. :)

Tracy, I thought the same thing about the blue colors matching Aprils blue bottle tree. I wish I would have picked one for myself, too! Like I mentioned to April, I had intended on making something myself, and just seemed to run out of time.

Everyones boxes sound wonderful! Jay & Rhonda, your plants are doing great, and my bird and snail are happy in their new homes!

It is hot today, about 90. We REALLY could use some rain.

Have a great day!
Karen

o

Sorry Karen!! I missed the post.More than once too,it seems!LOL!!!I need to slow down when reading through the post!!later...April/dirt

P.S.
My 2 year old is STILL playing with the red sparkly wrapping tissue that the items came in!

jay & rhonda send to kalena~ received
linda sends to nikki ~received
joan sends to dan ~sent
dan sends to jay & rhonda ~received

o

Nikki, I'm glad that you liked everything and that the plants were okay. The plants I sent you were new ones for me this year too..so I don't too much about them..guess we'll find out together! I'm happy that Sarah liked the fairy things..."S"

o

Karen, I should have known that you thought of that! I know what you mean. There are tons of time that I send something off that I wish I got a double of for myself! lol!

I found these really pretty hummingbird feeders last spring at Old Time Pottery that were made of hand blown swirled green and blue glass, they were shaped like spheres. They were only 2.99 each. I got 9 of them and headed for the checkout, put them all on the counter, opened my purse up and saw that I left my wallet at home! I had to put them all back! I was kicking myself because by the time I was able to get back to that store they were all sold out! Grrrr! I planned on sending them as gifts with my RR's this summer. Of course I was keeping one for myself. The best layed plans always fall apart!

o

glitter-graphics.com

Hope everyone has a great day. Still having the yard sale going on. Saturday was good,yesterday only made 2$! Hoping for better luck today!
later....April/dirt

o

April,
Yard sales are soooo much fun aren't they?!? I feel for ya, just get yourself a nice cold drink and park your behind in a lawn chair!

Tracy,
What a bummer on the feeders, that was a great buy!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Vic

o

Hey! I got home from having more blood drawn, and there was my box from Joan on the porch! Paula helped me open it, and it was fun to watch the excitement on her face as she pulled out the shredded paper and saw the goodies Joan sent! Here's what we received...

Plants...
One Big Mystery Plant (Joan, what is this?)
Mexican Heather
Cypress Vine
Rosemary

Seeds...
Sweet William
Echinacea
Spider Flower
Blue Flax

Goodies...
Blue Terry Wipes
Mountain Lodge Scented Candle
Frog Statue (he looks like a tourist, how cool!)
Garden Journal
Gardening Gloves
3-Piece Gardening Tool Set
Photo Refrigerator Magnet
Catnip Toys for the boys
Foot Cooler
Black Iron -n- Raffia Planter (can't wait to try that out next spring!)

All in all, a great box! Thank you Joan!

***now I'm off to investigate how to grow all the plants***

-Dan

o

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!! I was beginning to think they sent it by pack mule! LOL I've been so worried about the plants! Are they ok? If they're too wilted, let me know, and I'll send more! After I packed it, I found the label for it the next day! HA! :) It's a red canna - the small kind, not the big ones. Sorry about that! I HAD SO MUCH FUN packing that box for you! As long as the plants are ok, I'm kind of glad you got it today after having a yucky day! Hope it cheered you up!
I laughed over that frog! Thought you with your sense of humor would appreciate him. He looks like he's ready for one of our pool parties!
Ok. Give Paula my best and you guys take good care of each other.

Joan

o

Dan, looks like you got a great box from Joan! Wow! I am cracking up at the frog guy. Too funny. Pool Party Mascot? lol!

Looks like we're waiting to see what Jay and Rhonda got from Dan still. Looking forward to hearing about it!

Tracy

o

Joan, the plants all arrived in good condition, though the canna was beginning to dry out. The reason it took so long to get here was that it wasn't sent priority. At least, it didn't have any priority mail stickers on the box. But, in the end, everything was fine, and that's what counts.
Oh, before I forget, Bump (my 1-year old) says thanks for the toys! He hasn't allowed Jason (my 4-year old) to play with them yet, but sometimes that's how it goes. They'll figure it out between themselves. Bump can't seem to decide which of the two toys he wants to play with, so he's been playing with both of them all evening!
Thanks again!
-Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here