Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Incredible Edibles September swap--New Proposal!

Posted by gardenkitteh 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 10:06

Okay, it's been suggested that we make this a "real" round robin. I want everyone's opinion on this. You can e-mail me privately. If this makes ANYONE uncomfortable, we will not do it this way. Since you can e-mail me privately, no one has to know that you are the one who objected. Here is basically what we propose:

We are sending the same box around to everyone. Person A sends to person B, then the box is sent from B to C, etc. until person Z sends back to person A. After the box makes two circuits (everyone gets the box twice) the box retires and the round robin is over.

I'm thinking I'll start it off, and since I'm starting it off there will be four seed packs and five different types of bulbs.

You have one week to send the box to the next person. In that time, you basically pull out seeds and bulbs that you like, and replace the ones you've pulled out with something of equal or greater value. Then you send the box to the next person.

Now you don't have to replace everything in the box. You can if you'd like, but you can also not pull anything out if you don't want anything.

Any objections? If you are in favor of this, please e-mail me with your address.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Incredible Edibles September swap--New Proposal!

Ooohhhhhh! This sounds like fun! Is it too late for me to join in?

Joan

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 11:11

One interjection here...you said:
Now you don't have to replace everything in the box. You can if you'd like, but you can also not pull anything out if you don't want anything.

I think if you take everything out of the box, then you should replace with the same amount....so the next person doesnt recieve an empty box LOL!!

o

sounds good to me..I am still in...
Polly

o

please see Fran's intervention listed in the original post.

I second what Sunny said...NO EMPTY boxes/pakages shall move forward into this proposal, in the event you like the WHOLE thing so much please be kind and rewind!!! (In this case restock!!!)

Thank you, this has been a public announcement from the...it's ok with me council.

:) Fran

o

Sorry. I mis-communicated. I meant that if you take something out you MUST put something in. But if you don't choose to take anything out you can just forward the box as is.

o
RE: Final list

Okay, the final list is:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl
Pixieluvplants
Luvgardening2

And I don't see why we can't just send things in that order. Does anyone have any objections? If no one objects, I'll be sending the box out to BoneChickChris on Wednesday. Please e-mail the person ahead of you on the list with your address.

o

Diane - Was wondering if other misc gardening goodies will be ok to add to the pot/box same take and replace system... And maybe put an envelope in the box for everyone to add a recipe to and each person can take out the one they like the best and replace with one of their own...
(wonders just how big this box is gonna be... and what I can cram into it... hehehe)

o
RE: More added

I say we should all probably try to put in a note and if we can put in garden goodies then that's good too.

(Why do I feel like I'm watching an avalanche? No. Make that standing on top of an mountain where an avalanche might form and jumping up and down maniacally.)

o

I would like to add that even if you do not take anything from the box, that you could still add some goodies to it to bigger the pot! Also, I think even besides replacing what you take, you should add adtleast 1 or more extras to the pot besides your replacements, this way it will keep growing and not stay the same small pot. Does this make sense?

Diane, you need my addy again? I guess I should get to ordering asap! Christy

o

Yes, it is tradional to add whether you take out or not.

Kitteh, it will be just fine, and SO much fun..
usually though everyone would send their addy to u and u would make addy labels for us to just stick on the robin...
but I don't have a problem getting the next persons addy and I will have Pixies anyway...

o

Lets not weigh this down in more beurocracy than nessesary. Lets have everyone responsible for the next person on they ship to.

I've heard from everyone but Frenchfrylegs1, so when I hear from her I'll know if this is okay.

o

Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 15:55

GardenKitteh....did you get my e-mail with my address in it?? I did it thru the GW thingy, and I just dont trust it ROTFLMBO....

Donna

o

Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 16:04

Oops, didnt really read your last post thoroughly...I need to send my address to SouthernCharm1...cool!! Let me know when you need it SC1....and I get to send it on to Polly ...
Polly dont forget to send me your addy!! :)

I am so excited...woooohoooo....I got a stack of seeds just waiting to go, plus I want to order more if I get the chance ....and I guess since we are sending it around twice(we are doing twice right?!?!?!?) I will have plenty of shopping time...yahoooo.... I excite easily in the afternoon!!

o

I guess it was too late for me to join in. :( Oh well!
You guys have fun.

Joan

o

whoohoo this sounds fun!!!

Can't wait, Ihave never been in a real round robin before! Gathering goodies now for it.

Pixie

o

Can I play too? ^-^

o

Gah! This swap is already going to be finishing some time around January! It was supposed to close on the 25th, and I only agreed to do this new kind of swap because the list was so short. . .

Okay, The new list is:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl
Pixieluvplants
Luvgardening2
ejmoore510
Wind_red

But it's now closed.

*grumble* See what I do for you people?

o
RE: One more thing!

And please send me your addresses.

o

Fran, Your goodies from the drawing went out today! Hope you enjoy them.

Becky

o

Thanks Becky...much appreciated...you bet!

kitteh, that was so sweet of you to include them, since we had not started yet no harm in it then was it?

Let the games being...ok, the little Robin IS still flying out tomorrow right? And it is going to make 2 full rounds yes?

Just making sure. ;)

o

Diane, you are doing a great job! Hang in there. If you should start to feel overwhelmed please let me or Heather know. :)

Everyone excited? I am!!! I've never participated in a True Round Robin before. :)

Kathy

o

I thought I was making no secret of feeling overwhelmed. But that's my natural state so no-one should be too terribly worried about me. *grins*

I just need addresses from
FrenchFryLegs
and
LuvGardening2

If I don't have their addresses by tomorrow, I'll simply move them to the back of the list so that they have more time to get their addresses to us.

Don't mind criticisms so people, if you see me screwing something up PLEASE chime in and let me know. Thanks.

o

KITTEH...BREATHE...it is NOT a problem...it will all go just fine!!! You will see...nothing to worry about.

It's all good...really.

o

Diane, I'm sure you'll be fine! I was nervous when I hosted my first swap, but everything turned out OK and now the Incredible Edibles group is alive and kickin' again! :)

o

You really are doing a great job as Hostess Diane. :)

If at anytime someone should feel they can't participate any longer and wish to drop out please let the person who would be sending to you and our Hostess Diane(gardenkitteh) know ASAP. :) Thanks and Happy Swapping!!! :D

Kathy

o

Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 17:53

I think(and that is something rare) that this is going fantastically!! You are a wonderful swap host and I am 100% glad that I decided to be part of the Buried Treasure swap :)!!

Thank You Kitteh for being our overwhelmed and wonderful Hostess!!Photobucket

o

** Polly is jumping up and down waving her arms and looking very worried***
"I am here over here"..."you whoo"...
I am answering and yes I sent my addy to everyone I am suppose, and I am all for this swap as a true round robin!!AND ready to get this off and running!! I almost missed out!! that would have left a mark, believe me!!:(

o

We weren't going to leave u out...just skip over you until you got in touch with those before you, or after you...oh geez, now I'm confuzzled all over again. At any rate we wouldn't have left you out...lol.

Hey, did the robin fly today? Huh, did it? Did it?...hehe. This is Wednesday ain't it....

I love robin rounds, so much fun and you never know what you'll find.

o

Yup. Package was mailed and it's winging it's way to Christy.

And we never planned to leave anyone out. I promise. I'm not all witchy!

o

Much thanks to Heather, without her picking it up it surely would have been the end of the group. But we're taking off quite nicely, slow and steady! :)

I'm so excited!!! I can't wait to get the RR!!! :D

Donna, how'd you do that??? lol I Luv some smilies!!!

o

Thu, Aug 28, 08 at 21:37

Ahhhhh...it's a secret.....but I will tell you anyways LOL...I found a smilie site and put the smilie URL into Photobucket and used it like a picture :)

o

I promise to let everyone know when the robin arrives here! I put an order in right away. Since I am first in line and did not have much time to order ahead, I hope they come soon and not hold up anything. I am sure the timing will work out fine!
Diane, you are doing a great job! Just think how great it will be when the robin makes its final landing at your door! It may be a little while from know, but well worth the wait!
Talk to everyone soon! Christy

o

I'm glad to see the Incredible Edibles back in business! :)

I'm sure everyone will have fun with this swap!

o

Hey Becky, I just wanted to let you know I received the package yesterday evening, our mail usually gets here between 5 and 5:30. Yeah I know its late, on getting the mail that late and letting you know I got it.
Thank you very much. I will be planting those onions! And that potato recipe looks very yummy indeed.

Oh yeah wanted to tell you, you should have seen my panic BEFORE I opened the package trying to figure out WHO I owed a trade to in NY....LOL I was sitting there thinking..NY, NY, NY then I thought LOOK at WHO it is from...nope still wasn't getting anything, then as I was opening the flap (cuz I thought well go ahead and open it maybe you will get an IDEA) as anyway as I was opening the flap, I was thinking Becky, NY...hummm...JUST as I got it open it hit me..Becky/BOO OH YEAH...oh thank god it isn't a trade I forgot....hehehe You almost had me in panic attack mode...rofl HEHEHE

ANYWAY Thanks again...

o

Glad you received it Fran. Hope you enjoy it!

o

Ok! The Robin has made its first landing today! Neat stuff! I have goodies to add from one order I got, plus I had another order put in that I am still waiting on, however, the one order I am waiting on has the same or very similar stuff to what is in the box now, so those things I may hold off until I recieve the box the second time around so there are not duplicates in there and I can get this off VERY quickly. Does that sound good?
Christy

o

i would like to join

o

Sorry Journey, sign ups are closed for this month. :) You are more than welcome to join Next month RR, sign ups will begin shortly. :)

Christy, sounds great! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful Holiday! :)

o

Mon, Sep 1, 08 at 21:57

We would love for you to join in next months swap. :)
I will try to post about it by next week at the latest !!

o

OMG~~~I can't wait for my turn!!!!

o

Hello...
Sorry have been busy with the kids getting ready for school and canning. I think I have aboput 6 bushel of tomatoes this year and I have done 3 bushels, there are many more tomatoes in the garden, also I grew my own herbs, onoins and green peppers for sauce. Will it ever end!!
I was not thinking you would leave me out gardenkitteh I was just letting you know I was around. That was my way of trying to be funny and noticable...
It just seems like as soon as I got involved here everything has gone haywire!! It should get better this week... my kids start school tomorrow, I am half way (I hope)done with canning, and my job seems to be going to the wrong side so it will slow down. Don't think I am ignoring anyone just not able to get on everyday right now.
I am so excited and can't wait for my turn...Thank you this has been a rambling message and I will try to do better next time.
Polly

o

OK Guys, I am getting ready to send out the Robin. Now I have to run some things by you guys,,,, not to put a damper on this, but the bulbs/roots in the box are currently in plastic bags which I thought was fine. Now, today, on one of the roots, I noticed a little mossy mold growing, which is worrying me about all these bulbs/roots traveling around to everyone. Should they be packed up in something else? Or put holes in the bags?
I would hate for them to go bad in the mail. Maybe the bulb/roots might not make it going a full ROund Robin?
I hate to bum everyone out, But I want to make sure that they survive. This is the first week, and if they are getting moldy now, that is not good.They may have to be taken by someone not too far down the line.
Any suggestions before I send off? Christy

o
anybody there?

ANybody read my post yet? I guess if I do not get any feedback from any of you, I will not worry about it and just send it on......... Maybe I am over-reacting
I will wait until tomorrow and if nobody has any objections, I will send it out as is, maybe with the bags open a little bit to let some air circulation in to the roots/bulbs, Christy

o

Christy,

Do you have access to any sawdust or tiny woodchips? if so put those around the roots, if not just cut holes in the baggie and add ripped up/shredded newspaper. Take some scissors or a knife and just put holes in the baggie also.

o

And if they are freshly dug I would say there are to moist? to travel. Unless you can put them in a little dampen peat.
Other than what Pixie said I am out of ideas.

Maybe on the second round we should go back to having a partner, then we could send individual stuff like what Christy is wanting to send. Then she could just put whatever it is in the fridge and wait for partners to be assigned?

???????????confusedFran being clueless???????????

:)ME

o

I will check in my yard where my husband cuts the firewood up for any saw dust and wood chips. I know he cuts right near the lake's edge, so hopefully they will not be moist, although it has not rained here in over 2 weeks, so I am sure it will be pretty dry.
I am sure everything will be ok. I added mostly an assortment of seed packets to the box so no worries. What ever roots/bulbs in the box I will try to add some saw dust to and and put some tiny holes in the bags. That seems to be the way I remember recieving some flower bulbs.
Ok, should be off today! Christy

o

Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 20:56

Once they get to me I could add some of the shredded pine bedding that my Guinea Pigs live in if need be...and if there arent any bulbs left by that time, I could just throw a bag of the stuff in just in case someone else needs it down the line or for the next time the box goes around :)

Oooo I am so excited!! :)

o

ROFL!!! Wants sum guinea pigs too!!! :D This is so very exciting, I can hardly wait to get my hands on it. :)

o

LOL Southern ya want a female boxer instead of Guinea Pigs??? I am sure Mud will fit in the box (Mud is our female boxer, not actual dirt) lol. Nah couldn't get rid of her but I do have a corn snake (very pretty) that needs a new home. lmao

I am excited also, gotta send my addy to Fran.

Luvs I got your addy thanks sweetie.

Smiles all,
Pixie

o

You know if I had it my way I'd be living on a farm with all kinds of animals! :) I irritate my DH, I want to bring all the furbabies home but he keeps me in check. HAHAHA Could you imagine the mailmans face as he witnessed you opening that box with Mudd in it! ROFL

o

lmao that would be a site, hmmm Imma wondering if she would even make it there in a box before she had someone hauling her behonkis out lmao or if she'd make it there without eating the box, lmao she likes the fiber lmao

search on here and you will see Mud and my boy Rebs (along with no telling what else but oh well lol)

Here is a link that might be useful: Trina's Photobucket

o

I want fuzzy 'nanamals! Sure she'd eat the bulbs, but she'd be so cute she'd make up for it. . .

o

Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 13:52

Ok now, no fuzzy nanamals in the swap box....my dog would just love a fuzzy running thru the house LOL!!

...so hows the Robin going...huh huh...can you tell I am getting excited!!

o

I'm glad you asked, Donna. I've been lurking but no one's talking about the loot that's in the box or what they decided to take.

(Boy, Booberry's pushy for not even being in the swap! LOL!)

o

Where IS that robin anyway? I sure would like to know where the poor little robin landed now...

Is it anywhere near me? Is it? Huh, Huh, tell me...who has it? I wanna KNOW. Nope, if sunnyk hasn't seen it yet it is no where near me dang it!

I can't wait to get it either, I keep wondering what it could have in it too!

o

I think we're about due for Christy to send it.

o

Sorry, was away from computer all day! I sent the box and I thought it should have arrived by now? I spent extra money to send it Priority mail ( almost 7 dollars) Geez, I hope all is ok. You guys have me worried! Christy

o

I am sneaking in to see what is up.. I have been lurking and reading...love fuzzies too..have many!..
I have missed being here. I have gotten 38 jars of tomato sauce, 28 jars of zucchini relish, 52 jars of honey and 24 jars of corn canned in the last few weeks...told hubby I am going on vacation whern I get done!!LOL
I still have 2 bushels of tomatoes to do and one more bushel of corn. Some day I will be done and the cupboards will be full and I amm hoping the bee removal will slow down..I have seen anough honey this year...LOL
Have fun I will be in soon and be able to play.
Polly the busy canning lady!!

o

Did you get a D/C # Christy? If not that's ok. Florida has the slowest mailmen on earth, they have to walk to the Florida/Georgia line and walk it back! hahaha
Usually gets here in 4 days from anywhere.

Side note: Please everyone make sure to get DC and post it here when mailing the RR. It'll give everyone something to look forward too if they know where it is and where it's headed. Thanks a bunch!!! :)

o

Polly, you made me tired just reading all that. Here I've been all cranky because I've been trying to get a batch of grape jam done every night after work!

o

zucchini relish? Ok U HAVE to post how u make this. I have never heard of it...and what do u eat it with?

I know where the robin is...hehe.

o

Guess What???

I was sitting here chatting with Fran, mailman drove right past our mailbox... I was thinking darn I didn't get it today... MUHAHAHAHA He stopped at the neighbors and walked to my house with the RR box all safe and sound! WOOHOO! Lots of goodies inside! :) I will be working tonight to get the goodies I have separated and possibly have it off by Saturday! :)

Donna please send me your address so I can send it out to you as soon as possible. :) Getting excited yet??? hehehe

o

Kathy, So glad the box arrived. I'm a "Nosey Nellie" though. What goodies did you decide to keep?

Fran, I love zucchini relish! It's my favorite. I usually have it on cheeseburgers.

o

Thu, Sep 11, 08 at 19:17

WooHoo...I am so stoked!! I sent you an e-mail Kathy :)

Oooo and I want the Zucchini Relish Recipe as well!!

o

OK, I feel better now! Did the Ginger make it without any green fuzz? Christy

o
also...........

I guess you want to know what I kept. Sorry, did realize to tell everyone sooner! I kept the 5 Saffron bulbs and some St. Valery Carrots. So I took 2 things and put in 5 or 6 things I think. I do not want to say what is in the box so it remains surprising as it flys to each person, unless you want to know. Christy

o

No, No, keep what you put in the box a surprise. I would like to hear about what people chose to keep though.

o

Polly, Yes please post the Zucchini Relish Recipe, Sounds very yummy!

Hmmm, I took out carrot seed, garlic and ginger. :) I put quite a bit of goodies back in the box too. :) This is so much fun! Can't wait to see what ends up in the box on 2nd round. :)

Christy, everything looks great! No fuzzies on it. :)

o

I'm so sorry the ginger molded. What kind of ginger was it again?

I'm not terribly good at the whole "packing" thing. And when you consider that I live in the middle of a swamp that's been converted to city, well. . .

But Yay! Round robin on it's way. Good luck! Hopefully you like the ginger and garlic. Which Garlic did you take? Will you be dropping off fuzzy 'nanamals in the box?

o

Its not your fault Diane! It is just the nature of the root!Where did you find the Safron Bulbs at? That has to be the coolest bulbs I have ever had! I did plant them already because it says that they can be planted for fall so we will see how it goes! Christy

o

I want some Saffron!!!
And garlic and and...I want that BOX!!!

o

Saffron I got off of Amazon. I figured that if they labeled it wrong, I'd at least get crocuses. Saffron crocuses actually bloom in the fall, not the spring. I think it's amusing that the parts you eat are the pollen dispensers. So basically you are eating the flower's boy-parts.

*pats Fran* It's okay. You get the box after SunnyK and FrenchFryLegs1. Think of how many nifty things will be in the box by the time you get it.

o

Thanks Kitteh, that SO reassuring...hehe. I KNOW...that's the problem, I HAVE BEEN thinking...lol. ME WANT, ME WANT!
OH...I cann't wait...lol.

Boy parts? EWWW...now I DON"T want Saffron, that is just unappetizing...lol, thanks bunches for sharing that info, AND putting it THAT WAY...hehe

UMM< STILL waiting on that Zuke Relish recipe, or is it a FAMILY SECRET? LOL I'm like DUKE I won't tell if it is...hehe

o

ROFL You all are so silly! :) And oh yes think of all the goodies you will be able to dig through by the time it gets to you!!! LOL I will hopefully be sending out the box tomorrow will post DC when it is mailed out. :)

I took the German Red Garlic and Shampoo Ginger. :) Nice stuff! :)

o

OH...I WANT GARLIC AND SHAMPOO GINGER....I am afraid their won't be any REALLY good stuff by the time it gets here :(.
BOOHOO....HOOOOO

I don't think I like this telling what you got stuff...LOL
NCGG

o

It's 3 am and the winds from the remnants of Ike are beating on the house. The electricity has gone off and on a couple times now. Anyway, I think Polly must have gone for a weekend getaway. I'd like to see her zucchini relish recipe and compare notes. I use Linda Lou's zucchini relish recipe. There's a link to the recipe below. To stay remotely on topic, it does have 3 cups of onion in it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zucchini relish

o

My husband's reaction was basically "Ewww!" when I told him about the saffron. Then I told him that he already had saffron in many dishes and he was really squicked. So I reassured him that I would continue lying to him and he'd never know when he was eating flower boy-parts. He was cool with it then.

When he brings me flowers I always squeal and say "You cut off the reproductive organs of plants for my amusement! Thank-You!"

Heck. I'm curious about Linda Lou's recipe! And I usually hate zucchini.

o

Wow! Double Wow! I can hardly wait!!! I hope that's a BIG box cause I keep adding to my stash to put in it! ha

Joan

o

Ok all I didn't take a weekend getaway..I work 7 days a week nights and saturdays and sundays I work 4 hours in mornin and 4 hours at night and it is hard to get on sooo sorry...recipe as follows ( you can use any cucumber relish recipe and substitute zucchini for cucumbers)

Zucchini relish

2cups grated zucchini about 3 medium
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup green pepper
1/2 cup red pepper
2 tablespoons salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons celery seed
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 cup cidar vinager
combine zucchini, onion,pepperssprinkle with salt; cover let set for 2 hours. Drain rinse. in a seperate large pan combine remaining ingredients, bring to boil, add vegtables simmer 10 minutes pack hot into pint jars,remove air bubbles.
I got this from the ball canning book very good recipe.process 10 minutes in boiling bath canner

Fran,
I am putting in garlic so just hold on and I will make sure you get some...just not sure what kind it is...hope that is ok my friend grows it and gives me some every year.
Ok back to the canning got sauce and pears to do today.

o

Wow Polly! Once again you're making me tired just to think of it. Do you ever sleep?

o

Polly,
Thanks for the recipe! Sounds great! I know this is an edible swap, but I'm thinking I may put one of those foot soak/spa packs in for you! Whew! Mine hurt just thinking about all that work!

Joan
PS - Leave me a garlic bulb in there, pretty please?? :)

o

Good Grief I do NOT know how on earth Polly does all that she does. I don't have the energy to even get out of bed some days and it doesn't sound like she even GETS to bed some days...whew, poor girl.

Thanks Polly for the garlic you will be including :).

I can't wait until it gets here as you all know I am very excited...lol.

:)Fran

o

Donna watch for the mailman!!! DC 0480 5401 4370 8200 2167
I checked the DC a few mins ago and it isn't up yet, should be in the AM though. I was guaranteed 2 day delivery, so it should be there by Thursday. :)

EJ, feel free to add whatever goodies you would like to the box, if it's for someone specific label it with their name so everyone knows who it's going to. :)

Wonders how one could hate Zucchini! ROFL

o

Tue, Sep 16, 08 at 20:37

Cool!! I will be watching the mail like crazy LOL!!

o

Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 12:42

WoooHooo...the box is here, the box is here!! And so much fun stuff in it as well!! I took some of a few things, but didnt take all of any one thing...hope that makes sense...this way everything is still available(so I aint saying what I took cuz it will ruin the suprise).....I am going to pack up the box with all my goodies and head to the Post Office in a few minutes...will post the DC when I get back!! :)

o

Awesome! I'm glad that it made it to you safely!!! :) It is moving fast! :) It'll be back around before we know it. :)

Kathy

o

Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 14:11

And the Box is off LOL!! DC# :0307 1790 0005 4925 2055

Keep an eye out Polly :)

Can't hardly wait til it comes back around again ROTFLMBO!! Thank gardens the October swap is coming soon!!

And thanks for the relish recipe!! Will be using it soon....maybe not with zukes(that will have to wait til next season) but maybe with tomato greenies ;)

Not like zucchini......I guess it could happen

o

Okay been watching and no box yet maybe today...lets hope...crossing fingers.
I am soo excited...
ok just so I got this I send it out to fran?? right??

geez I am so busy can't think thank god I did the last bushel of tomatoes today...I don't want to look at another tomato again in my life!! LOL
Fran I think I have your addy right?? sorry got to go look through email been messing them up lately ...kathy sent me an email and I sent her my email addy and such for this...duh me ...got to back away from the tomatoes...they are eating my brain cells..lol

o

Crossing fingers for ya! :)

Polly you got it right, you send to Fran next. :) This has been so exciting, I'm really anxious to see just what's gonna be in there by the time it gets back around. :D

o

Mon, Sep 22, 08 at 19:53

I think it should be getting to you any minute now Polly !! The USPS tracker thing says:

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 1790 0005 4925 2055

Your item was delivered at 2:16 PM on September 22, 2008

This is so exciting!!

o

I got it, I got it!!!!
I came home from work and it was here on the table...kids were eyeballing it, wanting to open it, I took my time and made them wait, hehehehee evil momma!!LOL I missed it by what 9 minutes,left right after I posted for work, that mail lady needs to move faster!! LOL
oh boy lots of goodies..I am sending it out today and it will be at frans in no time. I will post tracking number when I get it.
Fran ...
here it comes...start stalking the mailman...LOL

o

Yay! Boy you were prepared!

o

LOL The box sure is moving fast! I hope you are all enjoying this RR and the secret goodies!!! :)

o

Polly, girl you're holding out on us! You didn't tell us what you took out! C'mon, fess up!!! We're waiting on pins & needles! :)

Joan

o

Joan, I'm glad someone else is cracking the whip! LOL!

o

Tue, Sep 23, 08 at 21:22

Fran- I just remember that you were looking for some Aunt Ruby's German Green tomato seeds...I will throw some into the swap box for you the next time it comes around!!

o

Ok here is the tracking number...delivery confirmatoin number I mean..
sorry got busy yesterday and forgot to drop it off, but first thing this mornin it is out the post office door!!
I only took out 4 egyptian walking onion bulblets...I put lots back in though had to get another box, the post office was rough on that one!!
Fran...Fran...it is on its way get out there and stand by the mailbox ...I am having a good time with this one.
Polly

o

Whooo hoooo!!!!!!!!!! Just 3 more till it reaches me!!!!
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

Joan

o

I am sure my mail-lady LOVES me by now. Since I have lived here she has made many package deliveries to me, including my boxes I ordered to have on hand for shipping.
When she came in the drive to hand them to me, she said "You planning doing some SHIPPING?" kind of real nervous like....HAHAHAHA

Little does she know I take it to the Post Office myself to make it easier on her.

I will be looking for her :)!!!

YEAHHH.....CAN"T WAIT TO GET IT...

o

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has terrified their Mail Carrier. My Mailman does the exact same thing when I get a package. Sadly, I do ship through him. He's kinda scared when I inform him that things are living. He says he's waiting for me to come out with a weird plant/animal hybrid and use it to take over the world. He does admire my garden, though.

o

I go to the local post office with my packages. She LOVES it! Each time, she goes, "where to this time??"
She says she's amazed that I know all these people. I told her I'm blessed with the best on-line gardening buddies in the world!!

Joan

o

My mail lady loves it when I get stuff she always asked me if it is anything she might want!! She is a good friend and she loves to see what I get. She tells me ...more work for you..planting.

Fran,
Should be there today?? it left CHARLOTTE, NC 28228 at 4:28 pm yesterday!! get ready!!

o

Oh goodie, yeap it SHOULD be with my carrier today, we'll see.
I can't wait...yeah... I am excited to see what is in there....lol.

o

I am so mad,,,, ERRRRRRRRRRR! A darn chipmunk or squirrel ate 3 of my 5 safron crocus that I got from the box! I am so angry! I did not think they would be bothered because the squirrels and chipmunks tend not to like the the regualr crocus bulbs, so I thought they would stay away from them! I knew I should have put a screen over it!
I hope I can still get some more. I was looking so forward to them. maybe there will be some next time I get the box.
Anyway, just had to vent! Christy

o

Oh No Christy! Darn Squirrels and Chipmunks! Hopefully some more will be in the box next round. So sorry to hear that.

Fran I really hope you get the box today! It's so exciting knowing that it's making another landing! :) lol

o

LOL SC1, I am looking out the window EVERYTIME I hear a car thinking it is the mail BUT so far it isn't :( LOL. HEY I just realized you posted!!! Glad you feel well enough to post again...all better now? I sure hope so.

I am waiting on something so naturally this is going to be the SLOW and LATE day. My maillady is always SO darn slow and I CAN NOT figure out why cuz when we have sub carriers they are always here by 1:00 pm! Don't know WHY she is so late EVERYDAY!

If it doesn't get here today I am going to be so disappointed, I have pretty much had my face pressed up against the window ALL DAY....haha

This is worse than waiting on a new bottle of Heinz Ketch-up to drop it's first drop! OK, I am sure ya'll all know what song is filtering through my head now....lol.

o

Yep, I feel a bit better. Still have a bit of sinus pressure, but A LOT better. :) I went outside today and saw that my plants are growing very well. We've had some bouts of cool weather and was finally nice enough to go out without sweating off 10 lbs. LOL (not that losing 10lbs would hurt me one bit! HAHA)

o

Ok it is on its way to Pixie. DC# 0307 3330 0000 9459 5733
I think I put in some nice things in at least I hope the next few ppl like them.

There was one piece of Shampoo ginger left I took that one.
And some other bulbs I took 2 each of and don't want to say so as to not ruin the surprise for others after me.
I took 4 of the egyptian walking onions, a package of the white pattypan squash and the BEAUTIFUL PURPLE CARROTS!!!

It was a very nice box it was VERY FUN opening the box!!!

Hope everyone else is HAPPY WHO RECEIVES AFTER ME!!!

o

Sun, Sep 28, 08 at 21:26

Oooo this gets more exciting every time the box finds a new home!!

o

Hi all,

second night in a row that I have been able to get online so I came here first this time. Cant say how long it will last or even if everything will get posted that I want to post so I'll shut up and chat~

WHOOO I am excited! !! the box is on its way here to Katy America!!! Land of Ike (it seems anymore). I have all my goodies laid out and waiting for it! Can't wait to see the goodies inside!

If I can't get online Tracyvine will post for me (she has been my savior since Ike hit) but it is looking like things have calmed down here with the flooding of the internet and phone waves. (crossing my fingers and toes!)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday night!

Smugs,
Pixie

o

POSTING FOR: Pixie

She wanted everyone to know it arrived today and she is scavenging for goodies to replace what she removed and will try to send it out tomorrow BUT if not then Wednesday for sure.
She took out some of each garlics, the remaining 2 egyptian walking onion bulbils, A piece of the culinary ginger, some of the "special items" don't want to spoil what these are for the next to receive, and a few of some of the seeds.

She said it was fun to go through the box to see what all was in there. She is also having to replace the box because she said on this trip out it was treated REALLY ROUGHLY. (although they were supposed have stamped it FRAGILE for me!)
She will let someone know when it flies back out IF she can't post the DC# herself, so someone can post the # for her.

That is it!!!

From me, glad you liked what I put in there Pixie, I hope the next in line does too.

o

Awesome! Not too much longer till it's back to Diane! Still can't believe that it's moving this fast. YAY!!!

o

Ohhh! it is moving so fast! I cannot wait to get the box this time with more goodies in it! I ordered a few more goodies for this when I ordered for the harvest swap. I hope it comes back soon! Christy

o

Hmmmmmmmmm! Wonder where the box is??

Joan

o

Nancy, did you get the RR yet? The suspense is killing us! LOL

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)

o

Kathy, I have been looking out for it and hounding the mailman. Yesterday, I was convinced it should be here, I pestered the poor guy. I had him double check. Nope! No package yet. :o(

Nancy

o

Oh no! LOL Poor mailman... I always try to make it out there when I know one of my swaps are going to be here. That way he doesn't have to walk it all the way up to the door. I never hide my anticipation from him. LOL :)

Fran, have you heard from Pixie, hope all is well. :) Beginning to picture the mail deliverers playing soccer/kick ball in the back room with these boxes getting damaged. LOL Seriously, I hope that's not what they are doing back there. lol

o

No, SC1 I haven't heard from Pixie since I posted for her. I have tried to call and got no answer.

Yeah, I wonder HOW the boxes get so damaged too, when they are posed to say FRAGILE, OR something to that effect. They never pay any attention to those markings, only look for an address to deliver it too! So sad, you'd think with as much as we pay for their services they would treat the packages as if they were golden!!!

AHHH, SUCH IS LIFE...take it as it is I guess huh?

o

Hi all of you Incredible Edibles! Trina is on the phone with me now and has the box ready to go out. She just needs the address for Luvgardening so she can get it on it's way. She can't log onto her email to retrieve the address. I will call her and then come back to post the dc# for her once I receive the address. I'm sorry that she has been out of contact for so long but her phone service has been eratic and her internet is still down for the most part and she can't receive email or log onto GW.

Thanks for letting me butt in here!

Tracy

o

POSTING FOR PIXIE/TRINA
Ok, Trina called me and I have luvgardening2/Nancy's address so she is going to give me the DC# because the only thing she can do online is the PO not even her email.

DC# 0103 8555 7496 1763 3384
It is now ready to fly on to Nancy she said she is sorry but she has been having so many problems she is doing the best she can. She is having a really hard time with everything so please forgive her.

Please keep Trina in your prays she is having a REALLY hard time not only with this IKE stuff but with life stuff going on in general.

Thanks again Fran

o

Absolutely not a problem at all, Please tell Trina that she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. I completely understand that when it rains it pours. :) Let her know we miss her too! :) Thanks a bunch Tracyvine and Fran for the updates. :)

o

Bah! With all that Pixie is going through, with Ike and all, I'm impressed that she's even participating in this round! As far as I'm concerned she has all the time in the world.

I'm sending her hugs and prayers.

o

Mon, Oct 6, 08 at 15:59

Send her my ((((((HUGS))))) and Good thoughts as well!! Tell her not to worry about us and to take care of her self...we will be here ready to hug her in person(computer person) when she has her life back in order!

Donna

o

Pixie/ Trina, Hugs to you and your family. Take your time.

This will work out for the recipients after me. I ordered lots of goodies last week and they have not arrived yet. Strangely, I ordered again the next day hoping they could ship together but the 2nd order came in today and the first order has not arrived yet. Hmmmmmmmm.................

Nancy

o

With all that Pixie must be going through, it is so nice that she thinks of us on top of her list of priorites! We all care for each other so much! I love this group! We are the best swap group ever! (sniffle)
(ok, thats enough, the violins have started to play their corny song! hehe!)
Why do we all have to be so far away from each other? I wish we could all have a girlfriend's night out or a Halloween carving party or something.
Anyway, I hope Pixie has some luck coming her way! Christy

o

Hi everyone, I wanted to tell you thank you from Trina for all your well wishes and your concern. I read your posts to her this evening and she wanted me to tell you please to not worry. She is healthy and safe and doesn't want you to think that there is anything to worry about. (((HUGS))) back to all of you.

Tracy

o

Hi, Just wanted to let everyone know that the RR arrived from Pixie/Trina. I almost missed it. I was looking out for it because I felt it should be today. The gardeners were here and I was in the bedroom with my dogs, trying to keep them quiet. I thought I heard something so I went out. Figured it was the gardener wanting something. It was the postman. He was about to walk away and leave me a card to pick it up at the post office. WHEW!

WOW! LOTS and LOTS of goodies. I will go through it and replace with my goodies. I did receive my very large order yesterday so the timing is perfect.

I will post again with the DC# and the goodies I took out.

Nancy

o

YAY! I can't wait to see what's in it by the time it gets back around to me! :) lol

I'm still not getting over how fast it's going around! This is so much fun, I know it was a lot for Diane to keep up with, but she's done a wonderful job hosting this. Keep up the good work Diane! :)

Kathy

o

WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm next! Can't wait!!!!

Joan

o

I am back as promised. I did get it shipped off on Friday AM.

Joan, It's COMING!!!!

DC# 0308 2040 0000 5299 5133

I took 2 types of radish seeds, parsnip and I took the Bull's Blood Beets. I also removed a few bulbs and will be putting them in the ground today.

I have never done a real RR before. I sure am glad that you guys changed the rules and chose to do it this way. It was so much FUN. I felt like a little girl in a candy store and was told to take whatever you want. He He

Can't wait for Round 2.

Nancy

o

Everyone please take a few moments to check out the Upcoming events calendar when you get a chance. :) Thanks!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! :)

o

Pirates Pictures, Images and Photos

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT TODAY! I've hit the jackpot! Everything's (& IT'S A LOT OF STUFF!) is spread out on my dining room table! Gonna take out my share of the "loot", pack it back up with extras and it'll go out tomorrow!! What a blast!

Joan

o

Okay, I pillaged to my hearts content in the box last night! :) It's packed back up with more new stuff and it's on it's way today. Will post conf# this afternoon.
I kept for myself:
Seeds:
Patty pan squash
Chives - garlic
Plants:
(1) Sweetheart Caladium (last one) Sorry ladies!
(2) small Red Ruffle Caladiums
I REALLY LOVE THESE - BEEN WANTING THEM FOREVER!!!!
Bulbs:
Elephant Garlic
Variegated Ginger
(I was scared of the Hot garlic! I've never tried it and didn't know how "hot" it would be.)
& the sweetest little sunflower birdhouse!
I made sure I put back in MORE than I took out, so that box is close to explosion capacity!!!!! LOL
Thanks again everyone for letting me join it! I had a ball! Watch out Wind_Red, it's headed your way!

Joan

PS - That box would qualify for frequent flyer miles if it were a person!!!! ROFL!!

o

Wind_Red - your conf# is 0306 2400 0003 0183 0215

Joan

o

Wed, Oct 15, 08 at 21:21

Wow...sounds like there is some pretty snazzy stuff in the box :) This has been one fantastic Round Robin!! I cannot wait til I get to see that box again LOL!

o

Wind_Red, the package shows delivering to you yesterday morning? Hope all's well?

Joan

o

Anyboby here from Wind Red since recieving the Robin?????
Ave not seen any recent posts from them here. Christy

o

I haven't heard anything.

o

sorry~~~I've been very sick by the darn flu.
I got the package last night and I was sooooooooooooo amazed that little box can fit all those goodies.IT WAS PACKED!I spended hours going through them, looking at them, thinking what can I do with them.I am so sorry that I had you girls worry about the box.

o

Wind_Red, No problem. Just glad it got there safely. :) Hope you get better soon, the flu is no fun to get. Sounds like you enjoyed going through it though, did you get some nice goodies?

Next stop, back to Diane for Round 2! :) So fun and exciting!!! And it's so close yet so far away. giggles...

o

Wed, Oct 22, 08 at 11:48

Oh man the Flu already....I hope you feel better soon!!

o

Wind Red, What a bummer. I hope you are feeling better soon and that RR cheered you up.

Nancy

o

Hwello alll hope every one is in good health...sorry to hear about the flu wind red, I am not looking forward to that this year.
I have been having computer problems and not been on for a while, missed the heck out of this site I'll tell you, I was driving by the library and almost stopped to get online. sounds like a habit huh??
keep that box movin and I am looking for new stuff everyday to put in it.
Polly

o

hi everyone~~
I am on my way to the post office now~~
I will post the confirmation number tonight.

o

whooo whoooo~~~
I got the conf. # and it is 0308 1400 0002 2223 7576
I can't wait for the next round~~
I got sooo much goodies out of the box
I got some evergreen bunching onion seeds,spinach seeds,carrot seeds, rainbow radishes seeds,garlic gloves,Variegated Ginger, the last piece of culinary ginger root and some blubs.

Thank you everyone for care about my flu.You girls are sooooooo sweet~~~~after 3 days of sleeping I feel much better,but I still have a little cough.
My friend told me to heat up half cup of honey and add half of fresh lemon juice and drink it will stop the cough for whole night.I try it last night and it works better then any other cough syrup.

o
RE:RE: Incredible Edibles September swap--New Proposal!

oh~I forgot to say I did put some nice bulbs, plants, and seeds in the box to replace what I got :)

o

Oh where oh where can this box be ...oh where oh where can it be...anyone got the box?? I have been watching and not seeing another thread so thinking I missed it or the box is missing?? I have been busy hunting down things to put in it...boy have I found some good ones!!
Box please step forward and indentify yourself...will the box please come out of hiding?
Sorry going nuts here waiting till my turn.
Polly

o

Hello Hello, Did everything stop or am I in the wrong place?

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Pixie, go to the Incredible Edibles September Round 2 thread. I will post a message on it so you can find it on top! Christy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here