Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenkitteh

Incredible Edibles September swap--New Proposal!

gardenkitteh
15 years ago

Okay, it's been suggested that we make this a "real" round robin. I want everyone's opinion on this. You can e-mail me privately. If this makes ANYONE uncomfortable, we will not do it this way. Since you can e-mail me privately, no one has to know that you are the one who objected. Here is basically what we propose:

We are sending the same box around to everyone. Person A sends to person B, then the box is sent from B to C, etc. until person Z sends back to person A. After the box makes two circuits (everyone gets the box twice) the box retires and the round robin is over.

I'm thinking I'll start it off, and since I'm starting it off there will be four seed packs and five different types of bulbs.

You have one week to send the box to the next person. In that time, you basically pull out seeds and bulbs that you like, and replace the ones you've pulled out with something of equal or greater value. Then you send the box to the next person.

Now you don't have to replace everything in the box. You can if you'd like, but you can also not pull anything out if you don't want anything.

Any objections? If you are in favor of this, please e-mail me with your address.

Comments (149)

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has terrified their Mail Carrier. My Mailman does the exact same thing when I get a package. Sadly, I do ship through him. He's kinda scared when I inform him that things are living. He says he's waiting for me to come out with a weird plant/animal hybrid and use it to take over the world. He does admire my garden, though.

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

I go to the local post office with my packages. She LOVES it! Each time, she goes, "where to this time??"
    She says she's amazed that I know all these people. I told her I'm blessed with the best on-line gardening buddies in the world!!

Joan

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

My mail lady loves it when I get stuff she always asked me if it is anything she might want!! She is a good friend and she loves to see what I get. She tells me ...more work for you..planting.

Fran,
    Should be there today?? it left CHARLOTTE, NC 28228 at 4:28 pm yesterday!! get ready!!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Oh goodie, yeap it SHOULD be with my carrier today, we'll see.
    I can't wait...yeah... I am excited to see what is in there....lol.

:) Fran

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

I am so mad,,,, ERRRRRRRRRRR! A darn chipmunk or squirrel ate 3 of my 5 safron crocus that I got from the box! I am so angry! I did not think they would be bothered because the squirrels and chipmunks tend not to like the the regualr crocus bulbs, so I thought they would stay away from them! I knew I should have put a screen over it!
    I hope I can still get some more. I was looking so forward to them. maybe there will be some next time I get the box.
    Anyway, just had to vent! Christy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oh No Christy! Darn Squirrels and Chipmunks! Hopefully some more will be in the box next round. So sorry to hear that.

Fran I really hope you get the box today! It's so exciting knowing that it's making another landing! :) lol

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

LOL SC1, I am looking out the window EVERYTIME I hear a car thinking it is the mail BUT so far it isn't :( LOL. HEY I just realized you posted!!! Glad you feel well enough to post again...all better now? I sure hope so.

I am waiting on something so naturally this is going to be the SLOW and LATE day. My maillady is always SO darn slow and I CAN NOT figure out why cuz when we have sub carriers they are always here by 1:00 pm! Don't know WHY she is so late EVERYDAY!

If it doesn't get here today I am going to be so disappointed, I have pretty much had my face pressed up against the window ALL DAY....haha

This is worse than waiting on a new bottle of Heinz Ketch-up to drop it's first drop! OK, I am sure ya'll all know what song is filtering through my head now....lol.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Yep, I feel a bit better. Still have a bit of sinus pressure, but A LOT better. :) I went outside today and saw that my plants are growing very well. We've had some bouts of cool weather and was finally nice enough to go out without sweating off 10 lbs. LOL (not that losing 10lbs would hurt me one bit! HAHA)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok it is on its way to Pixie. DC# 0307 3330 0000 9459 5733
    I think I put in some nice things in at least I hope the next few ppl like them.

There was one piece of Shampoo ginger left I took that one.
    And some other bulbs I took 2 each of and don't want to say so as to not ruin the surprise for others after me.
    I took 4 of the egyptian walking onions, a package of the white pattypan squash and the BEAUTIFUL PURPLE CARROTS!!!

It was a very nice box it was VERY FUN opening the box!!!

Hope everyone else is HAPPY WHO RECEIVES AFTER ME!!!

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Oooo this gets more exciting every time the box finds a new home!!

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi all,

second night in a row that I have been able to get online so I came here first this time. Cant say how long it will last or even if everything will get posted that I want to post so I'll shut up and chat~

WHOOO I am excited! !! the box is on its way here to Katy America!!! Land of Ike (it seems anymore). I have all my goodies laid out and waiting for it! Can't wait to see the goodies inside!

If I can't get online Tracyvine will post for me (she has been my savior since Ike hit) but it is looking like things have calmed down here with the flooding of the internet and phone waves. (crossing my fingers and toes!)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday night!

Smugs,
    Pixie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

POSTING FOR: Pixie

She wanted everyone to know it arrived today and she is scavenging for goodies to replace what she removed and will try to send it out tomorrow BUT if not then Wednesday for sure.
    She took out some of each garlics, the remaining 2 egyptian walking onion bulbils, A piece of the culinary ginger, some of the "special items" don't want to spoil what these are for the next to receive, and a few of some of the seeds.

She said it was fun to go through the box to see what all was in there. She is also having to replace the box because she said on this trip out it was treated REALLY ROUGHLY. (although they were supposed have stamped it FRAGILE for me!)
    She will let someone know when it flies back out IF she can't post the DC# herself, so someone can post the # for her.

That is it!!!

From me, glad you liked what I put in there Pixie, I hope the next in line does too.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Awesome! Not too much longer till it's back to Diane! Still can't believe that it's moving this fast. YAY!!!

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Ohhh! it is moving so fast! I cannot wait to get the box this time with more goodies in it! I ordered a few more goodies for this when I ordered for the harvest swap. I hope it comes back soon! Christy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Hmmmmmmmmm! Wonder where the box is??

Joan

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Nancy, did you get the RR yet? The suspense is killing us! LOL

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! :)

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Kathy, I have been looking out for it and hounding the mailman. Yesterday, I was convinced it should be here, I pestered the poor guy. I had him double check. Nope! No package yet. :o(

Nancy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Oh no! LOL Poor mailman... I always try to make it out there when I know one of my swaps are going to be here. That way he doesn't have to walk it all the way up to the door. I never hide my anticipation from him. LOL :)

Fran, have you heard from Pixie, hope all is well. :) Beginning to picture the mail deliverers playing soccer/kick ball in the back room with these boxes getting damaged. LOL Seriously, I hope that's not what they are doing back there. lol

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

No, SC1 I haven't heard from Pixie since I posted for her. I have tried to call and got no answer.

Yeah, I wonder HOW the boxes get so damaged too, when they are posed to say FRAGILE, OR something to that effect. They never pay any attention to those markings, only look for an address to deliver it too! So sad, you'd think with as much as we pay for their services they would treat the packages as if they were golden!!!

AHHH, SUCH IS LIFE...take it as it is I guess huh?

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hi all of you Incredible Edibles! Trina is on the phone with me now and has the box ready to go out. She just needs the address for Luvgardening so she can get it on it's way. She can't log onto her email to retrieve the address. I will call her and then come back to post the dc# for her once I receive the address. I'm sorry that she has been out of contact for so long but her phone service has been eratic and her internet is still down for the most part and she can't receive email or log onto GW.

Thanks for letting me butt in here!

Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

POSTING FOR PIXIE/TRINA
    Ok, Trina called me and I have luvgardening2/Nancy's address so she is going to give me the DC# because the only thing she can do online is the PO not even her email.

DC# 0103 8555 7496 1763 3384
    It is now ready to fly on to Nancy she said she is sorry but she has been having so many problems she is doing the best she can. She is having a really hard time with everything so please forgive her.

Please keep Trina in your prays she is having a REALLY hard time not only with this IKE stuff but with life stuff going on in general.

Thanks again Fran

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Absolutely not a problem at all, Please tell Trina that she and her family are in our thoughts and prayers. I completely understand that when it rains it pours. :) Let her know we miss her too! :) Thanks a bunch Tracyvine and Fran for the updates. :)

• gardenkitteh
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bah! With all that Pixie is going through, with Ike and all, I'm impressed that she's even participating in this round! As far as I'm concerned she has all the time in the world.

I'm sending her hugs and prayers.

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Send her my ((((((HUGS))))) and Good thoughts as well!! Tell her not to worry about us and to take care of her self...we will be here ready to hug her in person(computer person) when she has her life back in order!

Donna

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Pixie/ Trina, Hugs to you and your family. Take your time.

This will work out for the recipients after me. I ordered lots of goodies last week and they have not arrived yet. Strangely, I ordered again the next day hoping they could ship together but the 2nd order came in today and the first order has not arrived yet. Hmmmmmmmm.................

Nancy

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

With all that Pixie must be going through, it is so nice that she thinks of us on top of her list of priorites! We all care for each other so much! I love this group! We are the best swap group ever! (sniffle)
    (ok, thats enough, the violins have started to play their corny song! hehe!)
    Why do we all have to be so far away from each other? I wish we could all have a girlfriend's night out or a Halloween carving party or something.
    Anyway, I hope Pixie has some luck coming her way! Christy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I wanted to tell you thank you from Trina for all your well wishes and your concern. I read your posts to her this evening and she wanted me to tell you please to not worry. She is healthy and safe and doesn't want you to think that there is anything to worry about. (((HUGS))) back to all of you.

Tracy

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Hi, Just wanted to let everyone know that the RR arrived from Pixie/Trina. I almost missed it. I was looking out for it because I felt it should be today. The gardeners were here and I was in the bedroom with my dogs, trying to keep them quiet. I thought I heard something so I went out. Figured it was the gardener wanting something. It was the postman. He was about to walk away and leave me a card to pick it up at the post office. WHEW!

WOW! LOTS and LOTS of goodies. I will go through it and replace with my goodies. I did receive my very large order yesterday so the timing is perfect.

I will post again with the DC# and the goodies I took out.

Nancy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

YAY! I can't wait to see what's in it by the time it gets back around to me! :) lol

I'm still not getting over how fast it's going around! This is so much fun, I know it was a lot for Diane to keep up with, but she's done a wonderful job hosting this. Keep up the good work Diane! :)

Kathy

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! I'm next! Can't wait!!!!

Joan

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I am back as promised. I did get it shipped off on Friday AM.

Joan, It's COMING!!!!

DC# 0308 2040 0000 5299 5133

I took 2 types of radish seeds, parsnip and I took the Bull's Blood Beets. I also removed a few bulbs and will be putting them in the ground today.

I have never done a real RR before. I sure am glad that you guys changed the rules and chose to do it this way. It was so much FUN. I felt like a little girl in a candy store and was told to take whatever you want. He He

Can't wait for Round 2.

Nancy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Everyone please take a few moments to check out the Upcoming events calendar when you get a chance. :) Thanks!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday! :)

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOT IT TODAY! I've hit the jackpot! Everything's (& IT'S A LOT OF STUFF!) is spread out on my dining room table! Gonna take out my share of the "loot", pack it back up with extras and it'll go out tomorrow!! What a blast!

Joan

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Okay, I pillaged to my hearts content in the box last night! :) It's packed back up with more new stuff and it's on it's way today. Will post conf# this afternoon.
    I kept for myself:
    Seeds:
    Patty pan squash
    Chives - garlic
    Plants:
    (1) Sweetheart Caladium (last one) Sorry ladies!
    (2) small Red Ruffle Caladiums
    I REALLY LOVE THESE - BEEN WANTING THEM FOREVER!!!!
    Bulbs:
    Elephant Garlic
    Variegated Ginger
    (I was scared of the Hot garlic! I've never tried it and didn't know how "hot" it would be.)
    & the sweetest little sunflower birdhouse!
    I made sure I put back in MORE than I took out, so that box is close to explosion capacity!!!!! LOL
    Thanks again everyone for letting me join it! I had a ball! Watch out Wind_Red, it's headed your way!

Joan

PS - That box would qualify for frequent flyer miles if it were a person!!!! ROFL!!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Wind_Red - your conf# is 0306 2400 0003 0183 0215

Joan

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Wow...sounds like there is some pretty snazzy stuff in the box :) This has been one fantastic Round Robin!! I cannot wait til I get to see that box again LOL!

• ejmoore510
    15 years ago

Wind_Red, the package shows delivering to you yesterday morning? Hope all's well?

Joan

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Anyboby here from Wind Red since recieving the Robin?????
    Ave not seen any recent posts from them here. Christy

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

I haven't heard anything.

• wind_red
    15 years ago

sorry~~~I've been very sick by the darn flu.
    I got the package last night and I was sooooooooooooo amazed that little box can fit all those goodies.IT WAS PACKED!I spended hours going through them, looking at them, thinking what can I do with them.I am so sorry that I had you girls worry about the box.

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Wind_Red, No problem. Just glad it got there safely. :) Hope you get better soon, the flu is no fun to get. Sounds like you enjoyed going through it though, did you get some nice goodies?

Next stop, back to Diane for Round 2! :) So fun and exciting!!! And it's so close yet so far away. giggles...

• sunnyk
    15 years ago

Oh man the Flu already....I hope you feel better soon!!

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

Wind Red, What a bummer. I hope you are feeling better soon and that RR cheered you up.

Nancy

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

Hwello alll hope every one is in good health...sorry to hear about the flu wind red, I am not looking forward to that this year.
    I have been having computer problems and not been on for a while, missed the heck out of this site I'll tell you, I was driving by the library and almost stopped to get online. sounds like a habit huh??
    keep that box movin and I am looking for new stuff everyday to put in it.
    Polly

• wind_red
    15 years ago

hi everyone~~
    I am on my way to the post office now~~
    I will post the confirmation number tonight.

• wind_red
    15 years ago

whooo whoooo~~~
    I got the conf. # and it is 0308 1400 0002 2223 7576
    I can't wait for the next round~~
    I got sooo much goodies out of the box
    I got some evergreen bunching onion seeds,spinach seeds,carrot seeds, rainbow radishes seeds,garlic gloves,Variegated Ginger, the last piece of culinary ginger root and some blubs.

Thank you everyone for care about my flu.You girls are sooooooo sweet~~~~after 3 days of sleeping I feel much better,but I still have a little cough.
    My friend told me to heat up half cup of honey and add half of fresh lemon juice and drink it will stop the cough for whole night.I try it last night and it works better then any other cough syrup.

• wind_red
    15 years ago

oh~I forgot to say I did put some nice bulbs, plants, and seeds in the box to replace what I got :)

• frenchfrylegs1
    15 years ago

Oh where oh where can this box be ...oh where oh where can it be...anyone got the box?? I have been watching and not seeing another thread so thinking I missed it or the box is missing?? I have been busy hunting down things to put in it...boy have I found some good ones!!
    Box please step forward and indentify yourself...will the box please come out of hiding?
    Sorry going nuts here waiting till my turn.
    Polly

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hello Hello, Did everything stop or am I in the wrong place?

Smiles,
    Pixie

• bonechickchris
    15 years ago

Pixie, go to the Incredible Edibles September Round 2 thread. I will post a message on it so you can find it on top! Christy