Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snboyken

NEW: Houseplant Swap - Round 4

snboyken
17 years ago

About to finished up Houseplant Swap III and I have decided to host round IV. I will again take names, addresses and list of your haves/wants. Please note that if you list rare or expensive plants you most likely will not receive them. Please do not expect to. I will try to match everyone up with at least one plant on their list. However sometimes this is not possible, so please be open to new ideas as well.

Rules are listed below.

1. Do not sign up if you only want free plants.

2. Minimum number of cuttings/plugs/starts/plants is 4 (this will allow some newbies to join as well) - you may send extras, small gifts if you want, this is completely optional and not a requirement. If you do send extra, please do not be upset if you don't receive extra in return from your buddy.

3. Sign ups will runs until 9/4/06 and I will assign buddies on 5th. To speed things up please send your haves to trade, wantes and mailing info on one email. Thanks.

4. Mailing date will be 9/18 - can mail sooner if you want to. Just make sure ok with your buddy.

5. Post to forum when you pkg is mailed and when you receive.

If you have any questions that are not answered above, please email me. Thanks and hope to host another wonderful trade. Round 1 we had 6 buddies, round 2 we had 14, round 3-11.

I know I have received many interesting plants, so come on join us.

Comments (65)

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

NO they haven't will work on it tonight at ball game. I was waiting for one the info on one, however haven't received. I will move forward without it.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

All buddies have been assigned, if you dont' have an email from me, please email me.

Please note you may or may not send and receive from the same person. I have had the stomach flu and assigned the buddies on Monday, just haven't been able to get on line to email everyone.

I mailed my buddies box today - Lil_green_thumb - be on the look out.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

thanks for the heads up-----will get my buddies box out no later than monday.....dont want it sitting in post office over the weekend.
    ~Kimberly

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Micke - your box was sent today! DC # 0306 1070 0001 9492 9979
    Tried to send at least one item that would be a want and some goodies too!!!
    wasnt sure what you like!

~Kimberly

• micke
    17 years ago

No worries, I am easy to please!
    micke

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Everyone remember to post when you send or receive you pkg.

• micke
    17 years ago

I recieved my package from lil_green_thumb today, wow! she sent two cuttings of heart leaf philodenderon, 2 starts of gold pothos, a cutting of purple wandering jew (which I have the green but no purple!) a mum start and then a bunch of little goodies, A resin pot hanger of a little bird, a candle set (which my husband will kiss your feet for that one, he loves candles) a box of plant spikes, pots in a basket, a ceramic daisy wall hanger (pretty sure that is what it is, forgive me if I get it wrong, I don't have a lot of knick knacks on account of the kids) and just the cutest little box that looks like a tiny side table.
    so cute! thank you so much!
    now I am somewhat red faced here as I sent out cedernests box today, I did not realize you could send those type of things as this is my first swap, wish I had waited now, it would of been fun to pick out those types of things for her. oh well next time!
    cedernest here is your confirmation # 0305 0830 0001 2020 5076
    micke

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Kenkesha your box is on its way!! USPS prioriy delivery confirmation #0103 8555 7498 3078 6164 : ) Nancy/cedarnest

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Micke- i just love to throw in extras......when i saw something i liked i picked up an extra for you.....the ceramic daisy is in my flowerbed! didnt think to hang it on the wall! although i think i will bring it in and hang it on the side of my kitchen cabinets. the little box was the last thing i picked up....found it at dollar general of all places! got me one for my kitchen window-i like the little drawer for storage and the fall colors. i tossed my rings in there a few minutes ago when i was potting up my box from Sharon.Did all of the cuttings make it okay???

SNBoyken (Sharon) - Ty so much for the lovely plants! i received::
    **PRICKLY PEAR** (which pricked me first thing! LOL) never had one of these so ive got it in cactus soil now (like i use for my hens and chicks i got friday-is this okay?) in the kitchen windowsill,its my very first cactus!!
    **PURPLE WANDERING JEW CUTTING** just got my first little one a few weeks ago! have these in water to root,
    **GREEN WANDERING JEW CUTTING** have none of this but have been wanting some!! ty!!
    **TEDDY BEAR** never had one of these either but i fell in love with it!!
    **JADE** woooooohooooooo ty so much! was wanting this!!!
    btw i love your plant tags! everything was so clearly marked! the tags themselves are great! nice and sturdy! ive stuck them in the pots so i dont forget what i have! may i ask where you found them?
    ty for such wonderful plants!
    ~Kimberly

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I sent my box out Saturday conf #03061070000378111169

• kboyette
    17 years ago

I recieved my box today from Sue. It was like christmas. I got 3 differnt cactus and 4 other plants. I don't know the names of them but they are really good size starts. She also sent me some miracle grow house plant food and a shaw. Sue did you make the shaw? It was really pretty. Thanks for all the nice things. I sent my package out today to Deb. Hope you enjoy it.

I hope there will be around 5 to this. I have really enjoyed it.
    Kathi

• micke
    17 years ago

Kimberly,
    the cuttings all made it just fine, I have to say though, that box got kicked around quite a bit. but everything made it just fine.
    thank you so much!
    micke

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

i think the PO is doing it cause ive been sending too much!! LOL each package ive gotten and several ive sent the past couple of weeks has been beaten up. Glad everything made it okay!!!
    ~K

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I made the plant markers from old mini blinds. Glad you liked them.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

My Box arrived frim Micke! Awesome!! She sent me a Beautiful AV (I named it Micke),spider plants,mother in law tongue,hens n chicks (they are just tooo cute!!),and arrowhead.Everything arrived happy and are now resting comfortably in some new pots I bought. I "Love" them all!!Thanks Micke!!
    Nancy/cedarnest

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anyone else received.

• micke
    17 years ago

Nancy
    I am glad everything made it okay, I had a real hard time deciding which A.V to send you, guess I made a good choice!
    micke

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Kenkesha's box was delivered yesterday.
    Label/Receipt Number: 0103 8555 7498 3078 6164

Your item was delivered at 1:51 pm on September 20, 2006 in WENDELL, NC 27591.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Micke,You made the "perfect choice" : ) It is really lovely! They all were!((HUGS))

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Everyone please remember to post when you have sent or recived your box.

My sister Debbie received a great box from kboyette's mom during this swap.

Kboyette- I am getting Debbies box ready to mail tomorrow. SOrry for the delay.

lil-green-thumb - thank you so much for the thank you gift you sent me for hosting. That was very nice of you.

I hope to be able to get a round 5 in once most of these are shipped out.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm glad I sent my box out. Chilly weather is coming. Our low for wednesday is 42* (according to AOL weather). Channel 7 said 37* (so we'll see who's right).

Sharon, your box went out by priority- #0306 0320 0005 0614 2145.

Deb

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Deb I will let you know when it arrives. Hasn't been to bad here yet. I know if we do round 5 some wont be able to participate due to weather.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

SimplyLisa--your box is on it's way--sorry I missed the deadline--but sometimes life happens--as it did to me this month--hope you like everything--and let me know if it arrives in good shape--sometimes they travel well and sometimes they don't!!
    Conf # is 0306 0002 2248 4357

Sharon--I always enjoy your houseplant swaps--I'm intrested if you do another round--Thanks for your help last night--I really appreciate all you do to keep us (me-haha)in line:)
    Jeanette

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Debbiedo,

Your box is on it's way. Conf. # 0306 0302 0005 2296 5988. I know we have traded before so I tried to send some things that were different from last time. Let me know if they arrive ok.

Sharon,
    Thanks for the wonderful makeup box for Swap III. you are the best. I got a short sansiverus (spelling?), jade plant, philo brazil cutting, a kalanchoe with fuzzy leaves (never had one of those didn't even know they came with fuzzy leaves), a SWISS CHEESE PLANT ( I have wanted one of these forever, Thank you so much), Prickly Pear cutting, a rubber tree (love it, love it, love it), and a solid green spider plant. Thank you so much. As always trading with you is pure joy.

Jeanette,
    Please don't worry about the deadline as you can tell from above I missed it too. Between health problems and money problems In the last few months my world is completely upside down so trust me when I say I know exactly what you mean when you say Life happens. LOL Kayla & I will be on the lookout for the newly arriving plant babies. We can't wait. Until later.

hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• kenkesha
    17 years ago

Thanks cedarnest. Received:
    Donkey tail, goldfish plant, fittonia, african violet, succulent vines

African violet and frittonia doing great. Trying to root goldfish, others dropping leaves or shriveling :O( Hopefully they will make it, only 1 week in.

Squazone...numbers for you tomorrow!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Kenkesha,Glad to hear everything arrived safely.You will find the goldfish roots easily in water.The succulents I usually just pop in a pot of soil and they perk up nicely and should do really well.They will pout at first but don't get discouraged.In a few weeks they will be well on their way with new growth.: )Nancy

• kenkesha
    17 years ago

Squazone: USPS Confirmation #01038555749798205189 it's on the way! Hope you enjoy!!

Kenkesha

• kboyette
    17 years ago

My mom recieved her box from Debbie yesterday. She got some neat plants candles, lotion and a plant stake.The plant markers made from mini blinds were really neat.

Deb I will be mailing you out another box the First of next week. I hope this one will arrive in 1 piece. Sorry for the diaster of the first box I sent. I wish the postal service took better care of things.
    Kathi

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Jeanette
    I'm sorry this is going out late. I have scheduled pick up for Monday. Confirmation #0103 8555 7497 3485 0398

Lisa Thanks I will be on the lookout for the box.

Debbie

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Lisa I just tried to track my package & it says that there is no record of this item. Could one of the numbers be incorrect? Will still keep an eye out for it.
    ;o)
    Debbie

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My box arrived from debbya, wonderful plants inside. I will have to post this weekend what was in it.

Sounds like everyone is getting some nice boxes.

Anyone know why it doesn't email the post to me now. I have to log in to see who has posted. Before they came to my email.

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

According to my list some of the boxes sent last week should arrive today or tomorrow. Please post when received.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

I sent Simplylisa's box last wednesday--I am getting worried--hope she has them and just hasn't posted yet???
    Jeanette

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I received my box from Kenkesha and received

Cuban Oregano
    Varigated Spider Plant
    Peace Lily
    Wandering Jew

Although the cuban oregano lost all it's leaves and the wanderng jew split in threes (I'll try to root them) they are all alive and taken care of! Thanks Kenkesha!

• kenkesha
    17 years ago

squazon,
    The Cuban oregano is pretty tough. If the leaves still have their color, they should root. Wandering Jew is so fragile, but easy to root. All had roots at shipping,so try moist soil mix -not just the bagged stuff (let me know if you need details)
    Did you get the keychain?

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Kathi,
    Your package arrived last night, Thanks sooo much, everything arrived in perfect condition! I would of posted sooner but we had really strong storms come through last night that knocked our electric out (no internet either).
    This weather reminds me of spring! We had hail a little larger than nickel size, and it came down for at least 15 minutes! Severe weather is on the way again tonight, I hope I don't lose the internet again!

This swap was so much fun, I really enjoyed it!

Kathi sent- Christmas cactus, Purple jew, Kalanchoe, Mother of Thousands, "Saturn" violet leaves, Pothos, Basil.
    I'll be busy repotting tonight! :)

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Lisa,
    I still haven't recieved my box yet & the tracking # isn't working.

Jeanette,
    The postman picked up your box tuesday (yesterday) You should get by Friday.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

HI all--I got an email from Simplylisa saying she had recieved her box from me-everything was in good shape and that she will post later--WHEW!! Made me feel much better!!
    Jeanette

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Kenkesha --
    Yes, got the keychain, sorry forgot to mention -- excuse me for being dumb but what do you put inside? We couldn't figure it out.

The Cuban oregano smells great, everything seems to be doing fine now.

Let me know about the keychain.

Sue

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Debbiedo - down to just you. I have emailed Lisa to see about the confirmation number. I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

Does anyone want to do round 5? If so let me know. Weahter is still ok here. just checking to see your thoughts. I am game for another.

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

I'm up for another round! of course, it's still 98 degrees here.

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

I'm game too--this is so much fun!! It was 93 here yesterday and 63 here today--we have a while yet before it gets too cold to send plants out--

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh I think I can swing another round.LOL These are so much fun! Nancy/cedarnest

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. WILL BE ABLE TO SEND MORE PLANTS THIS TIME AND LESS STUFF! BEEN DOING SOME BUYING! EVEN THOUGH MOST ARE COMMON PLANTS =-(
    ~KIMBERLY

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I could play one more round if we send it out really quickly. With in the next couple of weeks. Usually Oct. 30th is the deadline that any greenhouse will ship to Illinois. I purchase violet leaves all the time (so am going by that).

Deb

• micke
    17 years ago

I would like to play again as well:)
    micke

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Debbiedo7-- I love everything you sent--and it all looks great!! I will be in heaven potting these up tonight-
    My mom used to tell me to never say 'thank you' for plants or they would die--so I will thank YOU for SHARING your plants with me!!! Don't worry about being late--I was late on every box I sent out in Sept.-in fact I sent 2 out and I don't know where they went-because the people I was supposed to send to didn't get them--so then I had to send them out again--too much going on- I am caught up now and am trying to do better this month :)
    Thanks again!!
    Jeanette
    Oops-- almost forgot -- I got
    Silver Pink Hoya
    Kalancho Tubiflora
    Varigated pothos
    Burrows tail
    Lambs ear
    Green Spider

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Debbiedo7,

I checked on your box today at the Post Office since even I can't get the number to work. The guy there couldn't even find it on their computer and I even had the receipt there to show him. Please let me know if you received today and just haven't had a chance to post yet. He is going to try and find out what happened with the number not workning. If you haven't gotten it yet they are probably not going to make it. I am going to send you out a fresh one in the morning as I take my son to school. I will post the new conf # when I get back. I am so sorry the new box will be late but maybe it will turn out good and you'll get them both. LOL I hope so. Ok I'm off to pack you a new box.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• snboyken
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, starting sign ups today for round 5. We will use the 23rd as last day to send. That gives us a little over two weeks,

Debbiedo, let me know when you receive your pkg so I can close this one out. Hope all enjoyed.

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Lisa,
    I haven't recievd any box as yet. If you mailed the replacement on friday then maybe it will arrive tomorrow. What is the new confirmation number?
    Thanks,
    Debbie