Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Posted by retsec 8 LA (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 4, 09 at 10:52

This swap includes whatever you have extras of in your garden or home (tropicals, annuals, perennials, houseplants, sedums, cacti, etc.) Signups will be until August 15. I will list partners by August 17. Packages should be sent by September 1 by priority mail with delivery confirmation.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

OK I'll play.....

will post my have list a little later

Frances

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 4, 09 at 12:45

Thinking....

Rhonda

o

I have been trying to get in to post... Yahoo I am in... I need to make a list..Thanks for hosting Nancy..:)

o

Count me in! I'm sooo ready to swap again. ;)

Deb

o

Count me in too, of course... LOL!

o

Coming in from the old thread... Deb I just love him to death...:) I am so honored you would share him with me... He is a prized possesion... I have been everywhere on the net to learn about the streps...My brain is full...lol

Yes I have them bagged with a hole for fresh air and well draining soil too and not too wet..You send great boxes...Sorry for the spelling on the one...I did figure it out...I am a dork...hahahha

o

Sign me up please I'm getting my list together hehe. Hello everyone up there. What a turn out on the first day!!! Lol@ Barb...teach us about the streps!
love you long time
heather

o

Wont you be my ((((neighbor)))) see the hugs! I lub all of you my peeps as heather has taught me....hahah

I have my sweater on brr it is cold up north...Ehh lol

Just goofing off and should be getting my list together...I need a job..:)

Heather I am learning about them newbie here...lol Come on Deb you can teach us...:)

o

Hey crazy neighbors, we should tone it down a bit on the first day! LOL...don't want to scare any newbies away with our craziness!! Ha, ha. J/K

It's cold here today too Barb. The sun is out, but it's pretty chilly in the shade! It would be perfect weather for working in the garden though, but I'm stuck in the office today. :-( Hey, have you heard back about the job yet?

I'll get my list together sometime in the new few days. I've been propagating like mad getting ready for this swap. Have a few new things to offer...woohoo!

Amy

o

oops sitting in the corner now (quiet time) shhhh Lol Not! the crazy Wi redhead is in the house.....Lol belly laugh

I have smiled so much today my cheeks hurt... So many blooms and peeps......

o

Commenting from the other thread... Frances, I love your idea about sending cuttings to Barb and having her overwinter them in her newly expanded greenhouse for you! LOL!!! Barb, can I overwinter my plants in your greenhouse too? I'll drive over there and drop them off and everything!! LOL!! ;-)

Amy

o

Woot woot More peeps the better in the Gh...No need to send plants Amy, plenty to share with you my northern girlfriend! :)

o

Barb,

Rob's violet barn has a lot of info on strep prop/care. Plus african violets too, and yes, I have purchased from him many times, nice plants too. ;)

Mr. Arizonia had a few babies on his side that I kept, so we probably are talking about a Mrs. Arizonia, LOL--now that I think about it!

Hugs,
Deb

o
RE: Streps NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Lol Deb! Thank you for the info.:)..I just checked on them.. Al is hovering over them...I told him they are mine! :)...He loves them..Darn it I should have never showed him pics... I think they will be his...lol over my dead body.... Streps are beautiful....:)

o

hello
I would like to join in this one.
thanks
michelle

o

Welcome Michelle! Happy to see you..:)

o

Goodmorning all!~ I am feeding my shrubs since 6:30 this morning!

This is a quick list of what I have, there may be more and I have NOT included any of the Bulbs/roots/tubers. I think it best to save these for a later fall swap! (though if anyone is interested in Cannas, I will be happy to dig! ha ha ha

Cuttings:
Coleus - Cuttings, many different, will try to post pics
Sweet Potato Vine - Blacky, Margherite and my new fave, multicoloured leaf (not varigated) see pic.
Geranium - varigated (named will have to find the tag)
Geranium, variety common Zonal, red/peach/pink
Lady Banks Rose - White (probably not for Northern Gardens)
Rugosa Red Canes - Very easy good for Northern gardens
Bermuda's Kathleen - (Multi Colour flowers, floribunda shrub rose)
Coral Reef Sedum
Autumn Joy Sedum (TONS AND TONS)
Hardy Hibiscus, Pink with Red eye (I grew these from seeds, they should be hardy everywhere. the seeds came from up in the FROZEN NORTH!)

Bulbs/Tubers
hmmm maybe I'll save these for a later swap :O

Plants
2 year yucca seedlings white flowered very large (evergreen here)
1 year yucca seedlings red flowered 36" (from texas)
crimium baby
Ivy, some common some interesting (evergreen here)
Talinium - Jewel of Opar
Golden Creeping Jenny (AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG)

Herb Perennial
Creeping Thyme
Chives
Oregano (greek)

I am sure there are more.........

Wants.......
Small list at this time of year....

Hosta (new obsession)
Hardy Roses (shrubs and climbers and wild)
Hydrangea!!!! prefer old tried and true
Sedums - Tall medium short, unusual colours variagation
Tropicals Hardy to Zone 7 (no digging please)
Euonomus cuttings(shrub form, not that groundcover stuff)

Anything that can get by with a minimum amount of water and less than full sun! I cannot dig and store things in winter. (small house, not much sun inside)

NO HOUSE PLANTS!!!

Gotta get back to it.......

HYA MICHELLE!

Frances

o

I'm Looking,
Never done a plant exchange like this.
Do not understand how it works.
???
Dorothy

o

Dorothy Yahoo :) I am so happy to see you too... I think Nancy is busy so I will try to explain... We list what we have extra plants of and than list our wants... Nancy will pair us up who we send a flat rate box too and who we will receive one back from... It is a hoot... Regina and others has taught us very well on how to stuff the boxes full...It is just liek Christmas when you send and receive...You get all happy inside lol... You can take a look back at some of old posts...Tropicals to see some of teh boxes we have sent...It is a wonderful group here..I hope you decide to join in on the fun...Barb

o
RE: NEW: Neighborho od Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Barb,
So all I list will go to one person and what I receive comes from one person?
Christmas in August!
A flat rate box full of surprises!
Do I have this right?
Dorothy

o
RE:) NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

OOps we can also list cuttings, Bulbs etc. etc... Sorry forgot to say that... :)

o

I'll try to explain, this will only be my third round robin plant swap. You list what you have to trade and what you would like to receive. Have your trade page updated also. I will pick partners on the 17th trying to match up what you have requested and have to trade. Be sure you have everything that you listed on your have page to send to your partner. Don't list it and then when they request it say that you are out of that. Once your send to partner has picked out what they want from your have list, you package it up and send by priority mail with delivery confirmation. Depending on the weight of the package, you may want to use the flat rate priority box. We all end up getting one or two boxes of plants, cuttings, etc. Pack your box with as many things as you can. Some people may want to do side trades with you also. Take care of your swap partner first. You pick what you want from your receiving partner and they package and send yours the same way. Let your partner know when you mail the box and the delivery confirmation number. Also, when you receive your box, you let the person know you received it. It is also nice if you give that person a rating on the rate and review exchange. Hope this explains it plain to you, if not post again. We have many wonderful people in this swap that will help you if needed. If you've never shipped plants before there is a page that will tell you how to package them for shipping.

Hope you decide to join. OK all you veteran swappers, if I didn't explain this right just chime in and correct me.
Nancy
retsec

o
RE: D NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Yes You will receive a large flat rate box from one person going off your want lists and their haves list...You will send a box going off their want list and your have list... I hope I am not confusing .... Join in on the fun..Woot woot :)

o
RE: NEW:00 Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Nancy we posted at the same time.. :) Barb

o

Yes we did. Thanks for the help, I will need all I can get on this swap. I am so nervous, afraid I'll do something wrong. Heather, I tried putting NEIGHBORHOOD in all caps but it wouldn't take it. I, too, could find it easier that way. So far we have the following signed up:

retsec - Nancy
fcoffill- Frances
rosepedal - Barb
debbya - Deb
dieg01191 - Amy
divahethr - Heather
micyrey - Michelle

Thinking
rbrady - Rhonda
dimples31312 - Dorothy

Hope you two decide to join. It is soo much fun.
I'm going outside now and try to make a list of what I have.
Nancy
retsec

o

Hi everyone,
Welcome Michelle and Dorothy!! Yippie, new traders in the neighborhood!! Dorothy, you don't have to send your entire list of stuff to your receiving partner (although I guess it's possible). I usually give the person I'm sending to my list and tell them to choose what they would like. Then I will fill up a large flat rate box with as much stuff as I can fit. I've never had anyone pick everything on my list though. :-) Then, I will also usually let the person who is sending to me know what I would be interested in off of their list. What they ultimately send is up to them of course, but I like to give them ideas of what I'm looking for.

Can't wait for this swap!! I'm working on my list.

P.S. Nancy, I sent you an email back the other day, did you get it? I hope it didn't end up in your junk mail folder. I think I said I would get back to you with my list, but it's not done yet (been too busy outside! LOL!) Let me know if you got the email. :-)

Amy

o

I made this swaps list out...

Have

Daylilies (1 fan)
Double River Wye
Great conenections
Gene foster

Charmed wine oxalis
Walking iris color ?
Potatoe plant can be invasive check your area
Adenium seedling
Plumeria seedling
Penta pink
Citronella scented geranium
Iris crisata (sp)

Cuttings I do have some I started to root I dont know if they will be ready?

Coleus

Sky fire
Dipt in wine
Merlins majic
Sedona
Splish splash
Coco loco
Alabama sunset
Dappled apple

Var fair ellen scented ger rooting now? or cutting
Var Peperoma cutting rooting one now or cutting

Begonia rex leaf cutting
Fireworks

Noid succelents lol we all have them..:)

o
barb

Wow Barb, look at that Coleus...bigmama's got to be drooling now!!! Where are you bigmama!?! Hope you didn't lose us.

Amy

o

hi ladies, well im ready to join my favorite neighborhood swap, i got the kitchen sink ready to mail, and you know me lookin for tropicals, red naners, begonias, coleouses. please no perenials and such, no more room or energy, got some new plants in a trade and had to dig and plant on the ground and ho my, i couldnt getup, all sore and achy. and they arent going to make it..im hoping .. its been so hot in az, the rain goes around my place, been raining all around, little humidity, but nothing major, garden is lookin so nice, it seems that i keep on cutting and it doubles, i have more cuttings to give more kitchen sinks,sooo i was thinkin of doing a neighboor coleous swap, what do you guys think, give me some input..ho yea welcome new neighbors, make yourselves at home. coffe is at 5 bring coffe cake, love my sweets. bigmama

o
RE: NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Yourrden Swap

you know mw sooo welll

o
RE: NEW: Neighborhood Clea Garden Swap

jajajaja could not post again so had to change subject, and thats how it went..jaja anyway you guys know me sooo well, been watering my coleous with the droool.goody gooody. mjmj ho yea dancing doing circles ho yea..

o

hello ladies!!
I love this swap!!! I have so many wonderful plants from you guys. I have my Amy plants...my Regina plants...my Norma plants...my Mariann plants!!!Thank you so much!!!
here goes my list

flapjacks kalanchoe calous cuttings
rainbow bush elephant portulacaria afra variegata
silver quill
opuntia beavertail prickly pear
opuntia humifusa prickly pear cold hardy
string of bananas
red heart hens and chicks

frosted jade annual/houseplant(I got in NY last month and can't find the tag frosted jade is all I remember)

rex begonia 'red tango'
dragon wing begonia green
silver green begonia
angel wing begonia green
'sinbad' angel wing cane begonia

miss muffet caladium
aaron caladium
candidum caladium
postman joyner caladium
red flash caladium
carolyn whorton caladium

yucca filamentosa
moses in the cradle
mexican fan palm seedlings

venus heuchera
miracle heuchera
purple iceplant
veronica waterperry speedwell
black potato vine, (blackie, blackheart)
light green potato vine
variegated purple green potato vine
dark pink bougainvillea

velvet wizard coleus
henna coleus
sedona coleus
midnight train coleus
kingswood torch coleus
chocolate mint coleus
rustic orange coleus
orange king coleus
indian summer coleus

hymenocallis advance bulb
white bird of paradise
hesperaloe parviflora red false yucca division
kumquat seedlings
tradescantia oyster plant wandering jew
horseradish tree (moringa oleifera)
purple orchid tree
coffee arabica
aaron croton
flame acanthus
spring beauty mix dianthus
everbearing strawberries
tetra giants coreopsis
mouse ear nana coreopsis
jasmine (says hardy to 20F)
bigtime happy daylily
jolyene nicole daylily
chocolate mint
pineapple sage
catnip
male / female kiwi cuttings may be rooted now
hydrangeas (nikko blue, glowing embers, endless summer)
princess di canna
city of portland canna
wyoming canna
keiffer pear cuttings
santa rosa plum cuttings
elberta peach cuttings

wants:
not picky I like lotsa things colorful foliage
perennial vines. Stuff I don't have. WOOT WOOT!!!

Looks like I missed coffee at Norma's house ><
Love you long time!
heather

o

Oh boy, Heather...I want, I want, I want!!! That is some droolicious list you have there!!! Thank you and may I please have! ;-)

Amy

o

MORE droooling, what more caladiums, begonias and coleous. i see a side trade in my future... neighboor i send some pics of my c for you to post, will apriciate it greatly..does anywant to talk about fertilizers, what do you guys mostly use??? i want to show you the pink hybiscus hardy, that i have had for years and finally flowered, did the fertilizer, love to spell) and the plants do seem lusher..in this dryness..my wisteria also for years and no luck..jut got an oklahoma canna very bright pink, would you like to trade for some princess di its also pink right.. and talkin about the princess any pink princess philo yet.. i will now drink my coffe and go outside and water the children, its so funny cause its cloudy kinda dark and me with the hose..bigmama

o

I tried to copy your pics, Norma. I think Kodak doesn't allow stealing lol kept wanting me to agree to the terms of use hehe. I will put a link at the bottom for everyone.
Whatever you want to sidetrade is fine with me. Princess Di canna is kind of yellow pink. I love that perilla!

Amy lol you gave me cuban oregano it's awesome and when I was in NY i bought frosted jade and i realize they are the same plant except the one you sent me looks like it took steroids and the one I got in ny is ...not so much...lol.

I know Norma I should feed my plants more when I do I use miracle grow. But they say if you use compost or horsey gold lol you don't need to fertilize as much. I need to give more thanks for reminding me. Has your wisteria ever flowered. Keep cutting it back to force flower maybe. It's like one big continuous thunder outside.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some of Norma's pics

o

Hello neighborhood...just stopped in to sit a spell and say Hi. Howdy to the newcomers, welcome to the neighborhood.

I think I will be sitting this swap out(darnit). This month will be extremely busy for us. Mark goes off to college this month and we will be making some trips to the college and one to Jacksonville Naval Base this month. Everyday I have something I have to go pickup or an appointment to take him too.

Ya'll have fun and I will try to stop in say Hi from time to time.

Regina

o

Glad you decided to join bigmama. I can't get the pictures to come up from Heather's link. Could it be I'm still on dial up. We don't have high speed here yet. Would love to see what you have.

o

bigmama, I use regular miracle grow for my green plants in the summer (when I think about it) and then i use the granular "colors" (I can't remember the brand, I'll look tomorrow) for the flowering plants. I usually put that in once in the spring and then once in mid-summer. Your growing season is longer, so you may need to do it more often. I also try to remember to use the acidic stuff on my acid lovers, but I'm not good about it. My plants Do amazing outside in the summer, fertilizer or not. Hey, so do you want that baby naner or not? I know it's not all red, so no biggy if you want to pass. It's getting bigger now and I'm afraid it'll be too big to send soon. You get first dibs so let me know. :-)

LOL Heather! I was really excited about the potential of the "frosted Jade"!! I've had variegated jade on my list forever. So funny that it turns out it's a cuban oregano. LOL!! let me know if you want to do a side trade with me too, I'm open!! Trying to get as many in as I can before it's too cold here. I'll be posting my list soon.

I'm working on updating my trade page with links to pictures of my plants that I have up for trade. I have been taking pictures and cropping them like a mad woman. I have pictures of most of them now. Getting close to getting the page updated, can't wait to share it!!!

Regina!?! What will we do without you this month?! We will miss you! Good luck with getting that boy off to college.

Amy

o

Amy, no I didn't get your email. Let me know when you get your list completed.

o

amy yes i would love the naner, i didnt know that you have to trim the wisteria, should reaserch it duh..yes im a little slow, mad cow and all, heather my canna doesnt have babys but got your name on first bulbs..will be e mailing for trade.barb sidetrade???? so did you ladies see my hybiscuss? it keeps on coming every year, kinda legy, im going to dig it up this fall and see whats down there.. night night..

o

I'd like to join. I have lots and lots of extras this year.

o

Goodmorning

Welcome domehome to the neighborhood... Regina we will miss you alot waaaaa.. Please stop in and say Hi... Norma sure side trade sounds like fun... Just email me if you want too... Coffee time...Have a great day everybody....Ps Norma I am looking for succelents, cacti...Loved the pics...Nancy they came up here..

o

Wow turn your back on this group for a minute and there is a whole page to catch up on!!!!

Look at those lists!!! I am drooollllin for heucheras and coloured caladium!!! (I only have white!)

Barb are those scented geranium perenial? the one you sent to me is a giant! and such gorgeous leaves!! I have two lovely pink brug cuttings (the wind) Lost a whole branch! do I stick them in water or soil to make them root?

Ditto Monarda does anyone know if this plant can be started by cutting? I accidentally snipped some pretty branches from M. Coral Reef.

I will be updating my list this afternoon, 5 hours outside yesterday, I have some stuff to add!

Gotta run!!! Hi to Regina, Norma, Domehouse!!! hope I didn't miss anyone!!!

Frances

o

Frances I am not sure...I know up here no way...I put those straight into the ground here and they are huge and makes the garden smell wonderful... I just make cuttings at the end of the season for next year.... I am updating my list too... I have more stuff to add I will add those in my list...They are noids that I received from a wonderful senior member on Gardenweb... I love my seniors.. :)

o

Oops didnt answer your question too much stuff going on...Stick in soil and place in shade... They should root for you pretty good at this time of year....Wind can be such a pain....But new plants to share....whoo hoo

o

hello
ok I'll do my best with a list of haves

perennial cuttings
milkweed "ice ballet"
milkweed "cinderella"
butterfly bush "black prince"
butterfly bush " honeycomb"
Japanese flowering cherry
weeping cherry
tall sedum pink
tall sedum matrona
creeping sedum blue spruce
creeping sedum large leaf yellow flowers
creeping sedum dragons blood
tall phlox david white
tall phlox david purple
clematis single purple
black berries

annual cuttings
lots of coleus
dragon wing bagonia
angel wing bagonia
datura white very sweet

perennials plants
sedums listed above
spiermint
hardy geranium purple/pink
agastashi blue
daylilies yellow very sweet sented
--peach ruffles
--double orange flambe'
--dark red
bee balm red"jacob cline
--raspberry bright pink
creeping lily grass
creeping jenny

bulbs/tubers
surprise lilies
daffadills salmon and white
iris purple
iris brown

I'm sure I will be able to add to that

wants is much harder

other sedums both creeping and tall
tall phlox red or dark purple
perennial milkweeds
coneflowers of all kinds evan purple
hocharas(spell ck please
heleboris
bee balm purple
honey ball bush(or button ball bush)
hostas any
perennial salvias
blue perennials
hardy hibiscus
rose of sharon
thanks
michelle

o

"lots of coleous" more dancing..domehome you are going to like it here, great people, and better plants..

o
RE: NEW: Neighborhood Clean Your Garden Swap

fran i forgot to tell ya my dogs name is teal'c..

o

I'm back with another question.
What a good number to come up with.
Some have large numbers of plants.
Been busy today need to try to make a list and see what I have.
Still thinking
Dorothy

o

Good question Dorothy... Personally I plan on adding to my list I was being lazy and enjoying the gardens... I was just listing some as I seen them outside... I was just getting ready to post a pic for our Nancy of her plants she sent me.... I am sure others will chime in...

Nancy look at your babies excluding one... They are growing big...I had to pot up some..They grew out of their original pots...Them little buggers...hahah

Reginas from our very first swap! are huge it would take me all day to get their pics..:)

Photobucket

o

I should mention some are missing from the picture... I have them planted...These are inside..:)

o

lol Norma!!!!! love to see a doggy with that name!!!!

Stargate RULES!!!!

can't wait for the new one, still they gotta work real hard to beat the original!

back to work.....

frances

o

Dorothy, there is no set number for what you have to list. The more you have, the more choices your send to partner will have. They probably won't choose all of them. You can pack a lot of plants, cuttings, and bulbs in a priority box.

Barb, glad your plants are doing good.

Regina, good hearing from you. Was wondering about you. My plants you sent are doing great also.

o

Hello everyone,

I have alot of extra's and would like to join,

Cindy

o

hey cindy keep an eye out for next week..

o

Suprize! Hi Barb and every one thanks for
the invite! Guess I'm gonna play sounds
like fun to me! Will list my have's and
wants soon! :)
Susan

o

For Barb

Photobucket

I sent you seeds, (I hope you will have better luck) these little babies have been flowering like mad ever since I got home (they must have missed me)

o

Good morning

Welcome Susan and Cindy to the neighborhood. I am so happy to see you both... :)

Frances I could just hug you right now... Arent they just wonderful... I cant believe I gave all my seed all away..I knew I could beg to you for some back... I love girlfriends.... White hige feather Morning glory is glorius and a great grower for us northerners and southerners too...:)

Al is not home so I think I am gonna turn on the sci fi channel Frances :) I hope to catch a star trek episode...Beam me up scotty... I am so happy he was able to go into space upon his passing from this earth...How neat..:)

Coffee time, Goodmorning Swappppeeerrrsss yahoo :)

o
RE: NEW: )Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Okay where is our Dorothy?... I am gonna have to go find her and twist her arm...Rofl hahahah Susan want to help me? hehe

o

Ok ok Ok
I'm in will post a list a little later.
Not sure how big it will be.
I could go to Susan's and...(well she might catch me better not) LOL
I think I can come up with some good stuff.
Later
Dorothy

o

Okay, think I'll try this. I'm going to list a few things that I have, and will add more as I think of them.

I have:
Variegated Bloodleaf Banana (rooted pup, ornamental)
Colocasia 'Heart of the Jungle' (v. small plant)
Angel Wing Begonia cuttings 'Snowfall' (old var. originally from Logee's)
Coleus cuttings--a few of the fancy ones, will provide names later
Crassula 'Watch Chain' cuttings
Sedum 'Angelina'
Lily-stem bulbils from an orange 'Turk's Cap' lily

I would like:
Any Brug that is not white
A fruiting Banana
Any tropical plant that I don't already have (I've already got all the Colocasia/Alocasia that I need!)
Prefer no garden perennials at this time!

Will update this list as I think of more things I could share!

o

Welcome Ann and Dorothy Glad to have you as neighbors...Hey Dorothy if you go to Susans I am coming with...I know we can sneak in at night with flashlights...Darn I forgot she is a night owl..Hoot Hoot lol hahahah

Frances you are not gonna believe what opened this morning :) My batteries are charging right now.. I will post a pic in a bit... Ann your list is amazing! Welcome Ann and Dorothy ! Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood a beutiful day in the neighborhood would be my neighbor... Drat I will have that song in my small pea brain head all day now....hahahah

o

We made the top ten! Look under my name..I knew I could get us some free advertisement...hahahah I had way too much coffee this morning...Okay going shopping now...lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Top ten posters GW LOL :)

o

Well lookit you!!!! top 10 Poster!!!! lol Barb you are such a sweet chattie girl!!! I have spent two days in the garden and am now being rewarded with work and overdue housework!!! BAHUMBUG!!!

crimson rambler
Photobucket
more hige feather
Photobucket
Julia CHild (finally recovering from a bad bout of BlackSpot
Photobucket
The beginning of my NEW 'TropicalZone'
Photobucket
Jackmanii
Photobucket

o

Here is a partial list:
Perennials:
Agave Parryi H.
Agave lopantha
Agave filifera
Zebra aloe
Sedum album
Sempervivums (green)
aeoniums
aptenia cordifolia
oscularies deltoides
Lots of other succulents and sedums
Mexican sage
Bletilla orchids (purple-limited amount)
Alstroemeria (tall red and pink-limited amount)
Black bamboo
Billbergia nutans (bromeliad)
Matilija poppy
cuttings:
California mock orange (rooted runners)
Blue morning glory vine
hoya pubicalyx
bulbs:
Watsonia? (orange)
Crocosmia (orange)
Daffodils (yellow, not showy)

Wants:
Plants that will survive in zone 9
drought tolerant plants
deer resistant plants
oxalis
drought tolerant ground covers
bulbs and flowers
I'm not really picky, if it will grow here and I don't have it I'll want to try it.

These are the ones that come to mind, but there is so much more.

o

Hi Everyone can I join?

This year has been a horrible year for my veggies but perrenials are doing great. I will go out today and get a list together of what I have!

Kamil

o

Welcome to all of the new neighbors!! We are so excited you decided to join in for this swap. This is a great group!!

I am drooling big time over domehome's list!!! I can't believe how many of my wants you have!!!! AGAVE Please!!!! LOL!! I've had that on my list forever!!

I am almost done updating my "haves" list. I plan to get it posted this weekend.

Amy

o

Welcome to all of the latest ones to sign up. Glad you are joining us. Latest list:

retsec - Nancy
fcoffill - Frances
rosepedal - Barb
debbya - Deb
dieg01991 -Amy
divahethr - Heather
micyrey - Michelle
bigmama4ever - bigmama
domehome
cjcjmass - cindy
taz56 - Susan
dimples31312
anninthegarden
Kamiljablo - Kamil

Still thinking
rbrady - Rhonda

o

wow check out all our new neighboors, how cool is that, welcome frendly people and i would like to introduce you to our superstar she made top ten, our own chatty girl we are so proud...i think she deserves a prize, what would you like from this part of the country hot dry sunny az...im a little behind havent sent helens yet but im getting there.. someone say RED NANER do you have another one for side trade.. we do that alot here, we try to have seconds for side trades... barb stay tuned to stargate we like it a lot..that little white flower si sooo cute..love all your vines girl. hate house work..

o

Lookyloo at all the neighbors. Keep those droolious lists a poppin. I can't stop droolin. Welcome new neighbors. That is awesome. I feel a BLOCK PARTY comin on lol. I'm gonna start doing the robot Im so excited. Guess what I'm not excited about I have to go to a cookout at my boss' house. Happy Friday!
love you longtime
heather

o

I have done lost my mind....Ever since I said we made top ten, according to the graph above in the link there have been only 46 Gardenwebbers for the day...hahahahh lol hehe

I have a complex now...Not! belly laugh cracking up..hehe

Welcome Kamil! Nice to see you again :) Sorry about the vege garden...It has been tough up north too... Cold front never left us....

Frances I am moving in! Love your house and gardens...If I make it down there ever your house is the first place I am coming too...Wonderful Pics :)

Okay I havent added anything to my list yet...But I have a bunch of stuff to add maybe tommorow... I found Jurassic Dark Alocasia today it had two plants in it...I just seperated them..I am adding the extra plant in my list...You wont believe the deal I got..

I will update my list tommorow... Been nice to talk with all my neighbors from across the fence!

I might be back later..Home alone...:) Come on girls lets chat...

o

Heather we posted at the same time....Dont drink too much..Lol hehe Hugs my peeps

o

woop woop the weekend is here lol. lol I didn't drink anything my husband had to go to work tonight and I was the driver hehehe. I'm thinking of doing some night night gardening lol but I did see a snake a few days ago and it had the audacity to do a u turn and look at me from behind a pot. I'm glad we did get some rain.
Funny things I heard today.
"oh look a Kansas license plate...who the he77 would name their car after a rock band."
talking about mayonnaise. "3 bucks!!!! last week it was $1.99. here ya go 2 for 6 bucks that's more like it."

o

Ok ladies, I've been busy updating my list. Here are a few things that I have available. I tried to mark the ones that would be cuttings only, but I may have a few mixed up. I also have perennials that I could trade with those who are interested (see my trade list for my z4 hardy perennials). Please also see my trade list for links to pictures of most of these so you can see what the mother plant looks like...

Haves:
Aeonium zwartkop
Aloe Bakeri
Aloe Vera
Aloe Zanzibar
Alsobia Dianthiflora (cuttings)
Arrow vine (syngonium)
Asparagus Fern
Basket Plant (Callisia fragrans)
Bolivian Jew
Chinese Evergreen (solid green leaves)
Chinese Evergreen, Painted Drop-Tongue
Christmas cactus (hot pink and white flowers)
Christmas cactus (solid hot pink flowers)
Cuban oregano (variegated)
Magenta Dracaena
Euphorbia trigona
Flowering Maple seedling (white flower)
Fuchsia 'Shadow Dancer Betty"
Gasteria (pups)
Graptopetalum pentandrum superbum (succulent)
Haworthia (pups)
'Iresine herbstii' Bloodleaf Variegated
Iresine Purple
Ivy (large green leaf)
Ivy (small green leaf)
Jade Plant
Kalanchoe (Mother of Thousands - red flowers)
Oyster Plant (Tradescantia spathacea)
Pathos (green)
Pathos (golden)
Pathos (Marble Queen)
Peperomia species (NOID)
Polka Dot Plant
Pregnant onion
Purple Queen
Solanum Quitoease
Spider Plant (green)
Spider Plant (variegated - white center w/green mottling)
Succulents (noid)
Sunrise plant (Anacampseros telephiastrum 'variegata') - seedlings
Swedish Ivy
Yucca NOID (grown from seeds I collected in Las Vegas a few years back)
Wandering jew (purple & silver)
Wandering jew (green & pink)

Unrooted cuttings:
African Violet (pink)
African Violet (purple)
African Violet (white)
Dracaena fragrans Massangeana (corn plant)
Coleus (mixed colors)
Cuban Oregano (green)
Dumbcane
Golden Creeping Jenny (cuttings)
Goldfish plant orange flowers
Heart leaf philodendron
Ivy (small golden variegated leaf)
Ivy (small variegated leaf)
Star Jasmine
Lipstick plant (red flowers)
Nephthytis Cream Allusion
Purslane Fairy Tale Cinderella
Rabbits foot fern
Sansevieria (tall, green patterned leaves)
Swedish Ivy (yellow/green)

***BULBS:
Canna lily (green leaf w/red flowers)
Canna lily (burgundy leaf w/red flowers)
Voodoo lily

As for what I want, here's a few things from my want list. Please note: I am not interested in receiving perennials at this time...

WANTS:
Anything variegated (that I don't already have)
Aeoniums any (I only have Zwartzkop)
Agave
Alsobia Dianthiflora
Anthurium
Aralia "Gold Crest"
Calathea (any)
Foxtail Fern 'Meyersii' (Asparagus densiflorus)
Ledebouria socialis (Silver Squale)
Lemon Lime dracaena
Orchids (any)
Orchid cactus
Pathos Neon
Pitcher plant
Ponytail fern
Rhipsalis (any)
Rosary Vine
String of Pearls
Succulents (any but especially purple, variegated or other non-green ones)
Variegated African Violets
Variegated Jade Plant
Variegated Lipstick Plant
Variegated monstera
Variegated purple queen
Venus Fly Trap
Zebra plant

Hope you're all having a great night!
Amy

Here is a link that might be useful: Amy's Trade list

o

Amy,
We have the same taste in plants. If I don't get you as a partner maybe we could do a side trade. I have several of your "wants" and your trade list is awesome.
Dee

o

drooly list Amy as usual. I can't find my camera since my trip so I took some pictures with my phone and tried to send them with verizon lol I will get most of the pictures next week at this rate. Some of the plants that I have received in trades plus some others whatever was able to come thru. Some of the pictures I wanted to show didn't come thru the sending pics operation ;( I didn't want to paste the pics in here in case people were on dial up.
I tried to give descriptions i don't know if they showed up hehe
Barb you sleeping? lol I don't know why it's only the middle of the night hehehe

Here is a link that might be useful: plants from trades and others

o

Goodmorning

My brother came to stay with me last night...They were calling for storms..The storms started at 2 this morning..Lots of lighteneing and thunder... I sure am glad he was here...

Heather PB is asking for a password to see your pics.. Lol on the mayonaise...I was sleeping even after all that coffee yesterday :)

Amy wonderful list as always.. I was wondering where you were...Are you working alot again? How are the ribs doing?

Thanks for the congrats everybody... As you can tell GW and all my friends here are a big part of my life..I have gotten to know some of so well you are family... Not a day goes by without coming to the puter to see how you all are and others too... Okay enough sappiness..Have a good day neighbors

o

Blackie Sweet Potatoes Vine
Sedum Tricolor sedum spurium
Exotic Angel
Four- O clocks (fushia) (yellow)
Iris purple and white
Gardenia
Clematis firecraker
Jasmines confederate
Harlequin Glory Blower bush (seeds)(cutting)
Purple smoke tree cuttings
Rose of Sharon white with red pistons
Azalea red, pink, white, cuttings
Magnolia tree seeds
Yellow lantana
Cannas yellow
Oxalis
Pony tail
Iochroma red
nicotiana red
Lamium maculatum)
Hydrangea
Purple Waffle exotic angel
Sedum spathulifolium (cape Blanco)
Sedum album
Sedum purple emperor
Citronella mosquito plant
Portulacea Yuba summer joy rose
Cleome sparkler white
Cleyera japonica
Red Texas star hibiscus
Yellow iris
Ice plant Delosperma cooperii fuchsia
Scotch broom
Euonymus japonicas
loropetalom
gold flame
spirea sixteen candles
summer sweet gold flame

My want list

Canna Cleopatra I love Canna's and fragrant flowers.
anything verigated
russian sage
narcissus
Oswego Tea, Bee Balm
witch hazel
crocus
camelia
winter honeysuckle
snowdrop galanthus

cindy

o

Cindy love your list! My brother and I are jammin lol I feel like a teenager again... You all I am bragging again...You should see the flames he put on the truck for the demoliation derby..It is Sweeeetttt!

He did it for his boss...They are gonna park it on a street to advertise it....

We are under Tornando warning right now...It is not raining yet but close......

okay I am going to find a picture...I hope all you peeps are having a good day my neighbors..:) I really do gab too much..Just bonk me on the head....

o
Sweeeeettttt!!!!!!

Here is the truck for the county fair demolation derby...It is so kool....I am so happy it turned out so wonderful....I told my brother I am bragging about his work...He blushed...hahahah he is so sweet you all would love him...He is the quiet one..Lol Sweeet vroom vroom!

Photobucket

o

Hi everyone!
Boy oh boy, we've had a busy day today. I am going to post some pictures later for you to show you what we worked on today. But right now we have to stop over at our neighbor's house for a beer (or two LOL). :-) LOVE summer!!! Stay tuned...

Dee, LOL!!! I love it!! YES, if we're not partners, I would love to do a side trade!!! I LOVE your list!!

Barb, we're having the same weather as you today. We're under a tornado watch until 10pm. There's not a cloud in the sky right now either, it's so weird. But it's so humid and you can feel that the air is unstable. Very cool car, good for your brother!! My ribs are doing much, much better. But I still can't do much heavy stuff, which is tough. But my hubby is awesome and he's been working hard for me in the garden!! Thanks for asking!

Be back later
Amy

o

hey anninthegarden did you see my pics of the coleous are yours diferent, have a pic of the crassula..night night sleep tight..

o

Where are the coleus pictures posted, Bigmama?
I was going to try to get the names of the ones that I have--borrowed a great Coleus book from the library with PRETTY pictures and names for everything--haven't gotten around to it yet! Will try to do it today, if possible.
Would be even better if I had a digital camera, right? Then I could show you!

o

Glad to see you are better Amy! I was thinking about you..:) The storms went past us...Thank goodness! I was nervous...I hope your storms were not bad....

Adding a few to my have list...

Daylilies (1 fan)
Double River Wye
Great conenections
Gene foster

Charmed wine oxalis
Walking iris color ?
Potatoe plant can be invasive check your area
Adenium seedling
Plumeria seedling
Penta pink
Citronella scented geranium
Iris crisata (sp)

Cuttings I do have some I started to root I dont know if they will be ready?

Coleus

Sky fire
Dipt in wine
Merlins majic
Sedona
Splish splash
Coco loco
Alabama sunset
Dappled apple

Var fair ellen scented ger rooting now? or cutting
Var Peperoma cutting rooting one now or cutting

Begonia rex leaf cutting
Fireworks

Noid succelents

New additions for my partner to choose from

Sedum Repestre Lemon coral plant
Carexhachijoenis evergold start plant
Blue chalk finger chunk
Amaryllis Gilmore x Whit Xmas baby
Plectranthusceleoids Frosted jade cutting very pretty and fuzzy lol
Philo Brazil cuttings
Alocasia Macrorhiza plant
Alocasia Plombea Jurassic dark plant

Frances here is the morning glory blooming I will be sure to save you seeds adn more for our tropical seed swap this winter..Wouldnt it be neat to see them two together..(the white one)

Have a great day everybody!

Photobucket

o

woohoo Barb Nice list!! I love the lists it's the highlight of my GW.
Ann did you find the link to Norma's pics scroll up it's in a link under my name
It's gonna be over 100 today. Thank god we got a rain last night. I took more pics but afraid to post them in case someone on dial up. I unlocked the PB ( lol peanut butter)
a white bougie popped up in the pot oops it's a garden miracle. I'm so easily amused. When I was in ny we were in this lady's sunroom. It was filled with plastic flowers rofl. My husbands like I bet you dont have any of these. Ya I took pictures waiting for the right comedic moment. Some people don't have the same sense of humor as me and might be offended at all the plastic flowers. DO you know that hardy laughing from your gut lowers your blood pressure. Laughter is really the best medicine right next to gardening hehehhe I forgot what else I was gonna touch on.
lylt
heather

o

Here's what we've been busy doing this weekend...

This is my new relaxation corner. We're putting in a pergola (tall posts) and a pond. We're going to plant grape vines that will grow over the top of the pergola, and then put a bench underneath. There will be a raised waterfall behind the pond too.

posts set and concrete drying...
posts set for the pergola

digging the pond...
digging the pond

pond filled w/water...
pond filled

More to come. We picked up some retaining wall block today for the waterfall feature. It's too mucky out there today to start working on the waterfall feature though. Booo.

Barb, I was thinking about you last night. The storm just missed us to the north (by a few miles). There were tornadoes and large hail in the northern suburbs (we live in a southwest suburb of Minneapolis). When I went to bed, I saw on the news that the storm was heading straight for you. Glad to hear it missed you too! That was a nasty one!! Lots of damage.

Amy

o

grapes a hangin, perfect. ann take pics with your phone e mail them to me ..happy sunday ya all..

o
RE: NEW: Neighborhood CleanYour Garden Swap

i wana see the plastic flowers, huu whats a bougie, dee dee dee..

o

Howdy Neighbors! I finally got a chance to look at everybodys pictures....

Heather what fab trades you have been doing... That spider grosses me out..hahah Do you know what the white and purple viola's name is? I looovvee it... If you ever get extra bulbs on your hilo beauty..I want to trade :) Wonderful plants you have...I love the gourd too..Wish I could get them to grow... Laugther keeps me somewhat sane hahah

Amy How wonderful you have been busy... I love your new "relaxation area" I am coming over to sip coffee with you.. Your pond is gonna be so neat with a waterfall... I am so happy to hear you are on the mend... :) Busy bee

Everyones list are so wonderful! I wish I could have them all.. Have a great day neighbors see ya across the fence soon...

o

Got a minute to stop in and say Hi to everyone (waving). What wonderful lists posted too.

Amy....whoo-hoo a pond finally, with waterfall too. You go girlfriend.Glad your feeling better too.

Bigmama...bougie is short for bouganvillia

Hehehehe...plastic flowers,I've seen people do that too. Laughter the best medicine around........

Regina

o

Lots of plastic flowers around here (not in my garden though) lots of people seem to prefer the Dollar Store flowers to watering! (on days like this I question my own sanity mid 90s today!)

Some people are quite clever about it, changing the flowers seasonally, I have actually spied some quite lovely displays! kudos to them! Other folks are not so ambitious, there is one house around here that has the same tired gerberas 'blooming' for at least 2 years...... summer and winter!!!! ha ha ha

some vines
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

All this talk of plastic flowers gets me to thinking about my daughters wedding. She decided to get married in my flower garden . . . in October. So I went down to Michaels and bought plastic lilys and stuck them in the lily greens, plastic roses and stuck them in the bare climbing rose, plastic daffodils and freesias . . . and it looked just like it does in spring!
We recently sold them all at a garage sale. . . they went like hot cakes.
Dee

o

Barb!
Missed your post, the shredded purple is gorgeous! The white seems to prefer the bright shade over full sun here and occassionally a flower will have pink flashes. Not sure if this is normal?

My fave MG is still 'Heavenly Blue' truest blue flower ever and possitively HUGE!!!

Dee,
Fabulous idea for a Fall Bride!

Amy
Wow! your yard is so sunny! cant wait to see your pergola! I would love a pond, but under all these trees it would be a full time job keeping the punps going!

Hello Regina!

Oh Barb, can you send me the 'snake story' again I was laughing so hard, I deleted it by accident!

Gotta run, big hellooooos to everyone! still trying to get my bed cleaned of bugs :( and I better get started early it is supposed to be hot again today!

Frances

o

Lol Frances on the same plastic blooming flowers during spring and winter...

Domehomw wish I would have been at your garage sale..What a great idea for your daughters wedding. It sounds beautiful..

Frances I am also growing this year the pink hige but has not bloomed yet..Cross your fingers it does..We will have the white, pink and scarlet... Picked my first tomatoes yesterday..Oh the salad for dinner was so yummy :)

I have to get Normas side trade out today... Busy bee

Here is the garden snake story...I am cracking up again..:)

GARDEN SNAKES CAN BE DANGEROUS...

Snakes also known as Garter Snakes (Thamnophissirtalis) can be dangerous. Yes, grass snakes, not rattlesnakes. Here's why.

A couple in Sweetwater , Texas , had a lot of potted plants. During a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them indoors to protect them from a possible freeze.

It turned out that a little green garden grass snake was hidden in one of the plants. When it had warmed up, it slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa.

She let out a very loud scream.

The husband (who was taking a shower) ran out into the living room naked to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake under the sofa.

He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for it. About that time the family dog came and cold-nosed him on the behind. He thought the snake had bitten him, so he screamed and fell over on the floor.

His wife thought he had had a heart attack, so she covered him up, told him to lie still and called an ambulance.

The attendants rushed in, would not listen to his protests, loaded him on the stretcher, and started carrying him out.

About that time, the snake came out from under the sofa and the Emergency Medical Technician saw it and dropped his end of the stretcher. That's when the man broke his leg and why he is still in the hospital.

The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she called on a neighbor who volunteered to capture the snake. He armed himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch. Soon he decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.

But while relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushions, where she felt the snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under the sofa.

The neighbor man, seeing her lying there passed out, tried to use CPR to revive her.

The neighbor's wife, who had just returned from shopping at the grocery store, saw her husband's mouth on the woman's mouth and slammed her husband in the back of the head with a bag of canned goods, knocking him out and cutting his scalp to a point where it needed stitches.

The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her neighbor lying on the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed that the snake had bitten him. She went to the kitchen and got a small bottle of whiskey, and began pouring it down the man's throat.

By now, the police had arrived.
Breathe here...

They saw the unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the women tried to explain how it all happened over a little garden snake!

The police called an ambulance, which took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife.

Now, the little snake again crawled out from under the sofa and one of the policemen drew his gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table. The table fell over, the lamp on it shattered and, as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes.

The other policeman tried to beat out the flames, and fell through the window into the yard on top of the family dog who, startled, jumped out and raced into the street, where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into the parked police car.

Meanwhile, neighbors saw the burning drapes and called in the fire department. The firemen had started raising the fire ladder when they were halfway down the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires, put out the power, and disconnected the telephones in a ten-square city block area (but they did get the house fire out).

Time passed! Both men were discharged from the hospital, the house was repaired, the dog came home, the police acquired a new car and all was right with their world.

A while later they were watching TV and the weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The wife asked her husband if he thought they should bring in their plants for the night.

And that's when he shot her.

o
RE: ))NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

I just have to post him..He came to visit yesterday while I was weeding..He was right above me watching and preening himself.. Dont mind the date on the pic..I need to fix it... I was so in awe of him..He was huge!

8/09
8/09

o

Here are some updates to my swap list:

A few names of the coleus I have to make cuttings with!

Twist and Twirl
Alabama Sunset
Kiwi Herman
Tilt-A-Whirl
Pineapple Queen
Saturn

I think I will also have a small offset of Colocasia 'Coffee Cups'

o

That is a hawk and not a buzzard right.....rotflol.

o

Just popped in to say....

I am going to have to drop out of the swap. My yard is so buggy there is hardly an unmolested/clean leaf to be found. We are expecting rain all week, so it wil get worse before it gets better. I am currently pruning and burniing. So sad... but if I want to save anything.... eeps.... oh well.
Really don't want to send anyone mites or blights.

oh well, maybe the rabbits will eat it all... :(

Barb I love the snake story!!!!! thanks so much!

Great shot of the Hawk! (it is a hawk right?) they rarely fly down into the understory here, so I don't often get to see them close! (I could use one right now, there is a bunny munching in my yard.... grrrr)

o

Frances I am so sorry you are having problems in the gardens.. I would get a pellet gun out..Darn bunny rabbits..They eat so much... They ate so many of my Ws babies after I planted them out... Grrr is right..

I hope next month is better for you...

Yes he is a red tail hawk... He was perched above me and preening himself not a care in the world... Lol

OOOHHH Coffee cups! Wonderful coleus too Ann yummy list..I never heard of coffee cups..Love it :)

Wishing you all a great day..I got Normas side trade out yesterday..I hope she likes it...Let me know Norma..:) It is a smelly box...hahahhah Lots of scented cuttings...Patchouli oil really made it smell strong..lol

o

yay, ann send me an e mine is one4everbigmama@yahoo.com

o

Hi,
Just stopping by for a second to say "Hi"
I've been really busy again, but things are going to slow down now that the kids are going back to school. They start Aug. 16th. Yay! ;)
I'll work on my list tonight, I'm making supper right now, and it should be done in few minutes.
I'm interested in houseplants only for this swap (in my box). It's too hot to try to plant anything new outdoors. Everything is constantly turning crisp, I'm watering all the time.

Be back later to post my list.

Deb

o

Hi all!
bigmama, I replied to your email the other day. Just wanted to make sure you got it and it didn't end up in your junk folder.

Here's the latest pictures of our pergola. It's done, now we just need to figure out if we're going to put some lattice on the sides or just wire or wood. Tomorrow I'll get the grape vines planted. This weekend we'll start working on the waterfall feature around the pond. There was a huge toad in the pond today, so cute!! Can't wait to get fish and plants in there (probably going to wait until spring though)....

Finished top of pergola

New pond visitor

Here's some recent garden pics too...

Tropical garden
Tropical garden August 2009

Perennial garden
perennial garden

Now it's time for bed! Good night neighbors.
Amy

o
Frances!!

Frances, we'll miss you !!! Sorry to hear your having such problems this summer! I hope things get better in the garden for you soon. :-(

o

Just popping in to say hello!
Been away a few days and have not had time to post my list yet.
Hope to post it tomorrow. Just want to let ya'll know I haven't forgot.
Hugs
Dorothy

o

Good Morning everyone,

Just wanted to peek in and say HI..
I'm really excited about this swap. I can not
wait to see who i'm partner up with..

cj

o

Hi everyone,
Cindy, I emailed you the other day and I just emailed you again. Hopefully they didn't go into your spam folder.

Hope everyone's having a great day. I am tired today. Guess it must be all the manual labor we've been doing this week! Lol.

Amy

o

Hi Everybody!

I am so excited... Look at what coco loco coleus did...It morphed? I dont grow any coleus even near this color.. i went and asked if it would be considered a new plant...Whoo hoo I hope so... Amy your pics are amazing..You should be tired all that work...It looks beautiful..:)

morphed coco loco ?
morphed coco loco ?

o

fran i hate when something like that happens all the hard work and all..heather were is you...partners soon..yay,

o

I went and did a lot of research today..:) I talked with a couple of coleus experts in the field (in my opinion) Daves garden They said it is a sport! Woot Woot... I am so frickin happy..Now to propagate it..... I hope it remains stable... Hey how exciting for our neighborhood..We can have a contest on what to name it! okay back to research.... Hugs Barb

o
RE:)) NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Ps Frances and Norma you have cuttings of this plant please keep me informed..Thank you

o

Barb!
Wow!!! I will be watching! that is too cool!!! Have to run our and check to see if I have any of that going on!

I have one that is all green, grown from commercial seed, never saw a completely green coleus before....

Some good news here, my Red rugosa rose has put its first buds!!! YIPPEEE!!! (I bought a dozen of these bare root in the winter) Seed grown Black eyed suzy vine has also started blooming! The purple stemmed EE just keeps flowering, I really wish it would stop, the plant is looking very tired. The flower is pretty in a wierd way, but the leaves are prettier!

Gotta run, the rabbits are really getting frisky, gotta spread hair around their fave snacks!

Have a great day everyone!

Frances

o

Thank you Frances!!! You are a wonderful friend... I am rather on top of the world right now.. Only coffee again lol that sucks! Never did get that Tequila bummer..Love the smell and the giggling it brings..lol... Any hoo yes please let me know! Very important....lol

Okay I have another one... I think is kool...Bid daddy is the momma...hahhaha belly laugh cracking up again.... Who can name the coleus sport...Willlll receeeeiveee a spppoorrtt of this hosta... I am the HYB person and no sharing with others...:)

Photobucket
Photobucket

o
RE:))) NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Frances please post pics of the all green coleus...:)

o
RE:)) NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

One more sport for Woodpecker acres...Hope to have seeds in the Winter "Tropical Round Robin seed swap" here is a Varigated Heart Shaped Morning glory so far it is holding true..(crossed fingers).... Yes this summer has been good to us... Very HUMBLE and excited at the same time..Woot woot lol

Morning glory

o

Wow Barb, that is super cool!! You've been a busy lady. I love that var. morning glory!!! Would love seeds of that this winter!!! :-)

Can't wait for partners!!

Amy

o

Amy thank you! My neighbor peeps... I got a call from one of many parents today..lol long story... My pops is coming here for a visit from California where I grew up part of my child hood lol.... He is all excited and me too... He taught me from a early age about plants... I grew up in a jungle lol... He rocks and a artist too...They did a news story on him in the San Diego paper...

The one thing that is so important! Please teach your children about plants and grand babies... I am so fortunate to have them in my life as a child... Foster parents are not always bad people.. I think in my heart this needs said too....Power to the foster parents! Sorry off topic but they never get credit... Only a bad rap when things go wrong..:( ps I had a great Step dad too (Navy) in case he reads this...hahah Love you all...

o

Hey, Ms. Norma, sent you an email!

o

I think we need one more to make it even steven...Any takers out there... Come on plant lovers!!!!!!

o

splish splash have been singing it since i opened the box from barb, beside the coco loco got a whole bunch of coleous yay.. loco baby looks great..the varigated mg is great too...thanks barb..

o

Amy
got excited by Barb's coleus and forgot to say wow!!!! look at that garden! I would kill for a little of that sunshine!!! I look back at some of the photos you posted earlier in the year and I cannot believe how your plants have filled in that giant space! Fabulous!!!

Barb
what a pretty hosta, I think I am addicted to them now! I have about 150 hosta seedlings started last winter. Just one variegated seedling in the lot, a few silvers and a couple gold. Can't wait to start next years batch. Seriously considering ordering a few of the "GIANTS"

Hya!!!!
Norma, Nancy, Deb, Dorothy and everyone else!

I am really suffering from SWAP withdrawal!!!! Have fun I will be back!

Frances

o

Hello everyone. Sorry I'm not being a better host. My husband is home for the whole week and we've had both grandbabies. Don't get anything done with all of them here. Frances, sorry you have to drop out. I know what you are talking about with the bugs. I had them on everything last summer.
Nancy
retsec

o
RE: *NEW: Neighborhood Clean Out Your Garden Swap

Here is my list.

Haves

Spider plant babies
Goldfish plant
Old fashioned white iris
Prayer plant
Red candy apple ice plant
Aloe Vera
Bengal tiger canna
Orange/yellow canna
Hidden ginger
Butterfly ginger
Pine cone ginger
Red hot poker lily
Queen of tears brom
Cast iron plant
Silver squill
String of bananas
Cigar plant
Unnamed daylilies
Purple bleeding heart vine
White bleeding heart vine
Texas Star hibiscus
Luna Blush hibiscus
Ponytail palm
Mother in law tongue
Mexican petunia
Variegtated hoya cutting
Swiss Cheese plant
Kitten ear jew
Green jew
Green and white jew
Purple and grey jew
Croton
Swedish Ivy
Rick Rack cactus
Bougainvilla cuttings
Night blooming cactus
Mother of thousands
Rose of sharon seedlings
Mandevilla cuttings
Variegated ginger
Weedelia
Various sedums and succelents
Coleus cuttings
Small sago palm
Small windmill palm
Bearded iris unnamed
Shrimp plants - coral, yellow, variegated

Wants

Mosquito plant
Calico Hearts succelent
String of hearts
Football lily
Mrs. Jimmy Spangler hibiscus
Tropical hibiscus
Cajun hibiscus
Pineapple lily other than white
Yellow butterfly bush
Blue ginger
Golden spider lily
Mandarin plant
Alstromeria other than burgandy colored
Monstera deliciosa
Pork and beans sedum
Dutchmans pipe vine
Orange bird of paradise
Variegated rose of sharon
Variegated angel trumpet
Most anything I don't already have

o

I am a little late with my list, its kinda short but here it is:

Chocolate mint
Canna w/ green leaves + red flowers
ever bearing raspberry plants
lemon balm
white siberian iris
ribbon grass
Photobucket
white scented phlox
red dahlia NOID pompom
ajuga reptans
spearmint
maximillian sunflower
lambs ears
lily of the valley
elephant ears - green
Dull Pink Hardy Hibiscus
Hot Pink Hardy Hibiscus
Gladiolus bulbs
Yellow + Fuschia in one flower 4 o'clocks
PhotobucketPhotobucket
oregano
snowball bush hydrangea
NOID Single yellow brug
NOID single white brug
NOID single pink brug
Stevia
Mosquito Plant
Vicks plant
Purple Pitcher plant
Photobucket
NOID white w/ purple bearded iris

Cuttings:
Autumn Joy Sedum
Rosemary
Pussy Willow
Blue Hydrangea cuttings
NOID peach hybrid tea rose

Wants:
Rex begonia
double brugs
enchancea
rudebeckia
gingers
exotic perennials
swiss cheese plant
Coleus Any

o

Wow, great lists ladies!!! Oh, I really, want a pitcher plant!!!! Very cool!

Amy

o

Been working on my have list.

Haves:
Water Plants
Water lettuce
Water Hyacinth
Water Celery
Parrot Feather
Black Taro Elephant Ears
Water Mint
Horse Tail Rush
Umbrella Palm

Canna
Unnamed yellow
NOID Yellow Canna
Unnamed orange

Lavender moon flower Vine
Hardy Morning Glory
Hardy Morning Glory
Polka Dot Plant
Photobucket
Spider Plant Green
Spider Plant Green w/ white
Spider Plant White w/ green
Beauty Berry Bush-Purple
Boston Fern-small
Pomegranate
Creeping Jenny-yellow
Mother of millions (thousands)
Red Jamaican Hibiscus
Red Texas Star Hibiscus
Photobucket
Confederate Rose
Candle Plant (cassia alata)
Forsythia
Pyracantha- Firethorn
Crepe Myrtle Pink
Dwarf Banana Pup
Mules Ear
Ice Plant
Pitcher Plant

Cuttings
Blackeyed Susan Vine
Cup and Saucer vine
Star cactus
Iochroma- purple queen
Copper plant
Copper Plant
Lantana
Seven Sisters
Mini Red Rose
Photobucket
Burgundy Swamp Hibiscus
Photobucket
Christmas Cactus- Pink,Red,White

Seedling
Crepe Myrtle- Dynamite Red
Unknown Amaryllis
Royal Poinsettia
Rubber Vine
Dragon Fruit (small)

Brugmansia
Frosty Pink- small rooted
Susie Q- small rooted
Kyles Pink- Fresh cutting

I have not come up with a want list.
I'm always looking for another plant. Aren't we all.
I am not picky.
Dorothy

o

Sat, Aug 15, 09 at 0:09

Ok, I'm in! I will post my lists tomorrow.

Thanks!

Rhonda

o

Hi! Everyone,sorry it has taken so long!
Here's my Have's and Want's list!!!!!!!!
I have
Aloe Vera
Aloe Zanzibar
Gasteria pups
Haworthia pups
Buro's Tail sedum cutting
Topsy Turby pups
Hen & Chic's noid
Hoya cutting
Agave
Variegated Spider plant babies
Sara banks yellow rose cutting
Green toro
Black Magic toro
Water lettuce
Parrot feather
Asparagus fern
Wild Violets
White & yellow hardy waterlily
Yellow water poppy
Yellow flag water iris
hummingbird vine cutting
Confederate jasmine cutting
Brug plants noid
My want list!
adenium any
plumeria any
begonia rex or cane
daylillies any
iochroma red
amaryllis any
canna any
voodoo lily
agave parryi
red nanner plant
anything you feel like sharing!
Thanks!
Susan

o

Hello neighbors!
Well, it was an interesting morning. I was out in the garden with my hubby having coffee when we noticed a lizard on the chimney of my hobbit house. So quick the camera, hubby is trying to get the picture, lizard runs off. So as I'm watching this I notice a cat sneaking into the yard through the brush. It jumps down like ten feet in front of me, and surprise, it's a bobcat!
bobcat
Here's the hobbit house. . .the building on the right is the potting shed.
Hobbit House

o

WOW Great shot! You have many bobcats come through your yard?
I love the hobbit house! Really Cute.
Dorothy

o

Wonderful lists everybody! Welcome Rbrady :) Glad you could join us...Domehome I love your pics...Did you make them? that bobcat is so neat...Will it run away from you?

Thank you everybody for the nice comments... Norma I am so happy you like your box and glad to see everything made it in the heat! I had fun putting a side box together for you... Have a great day everybody...

o

Just got done planting Normas wonderful box of goodies..Thank you Norma for the side trade.. I have Regina, Nancy and Norma shelves to enjoy :) No heather peeps yet... heather peeps where are you? Off to the fair...Have a great night neighbors....Barb

o

Hello everyone, last day to sign up. Welcome rbrady, glad you decided to join us. Now all I need is lists from debbya and rbrady and I can start to partner everyone up.

o

Alright, getting close to partnering up.
Dorothy - we see an occasional bobcat but never quite this close, it sandered off like it owned the place.
Barb - yes, I made the hobbit house out of foam, wire and cement. I've done quite a few cement projects for my yard. Earlier this year I made "origami" cement sculptures. A peace crane and some ducks, the ducks double as small planters. The crane is about 20" beak to tail.

o

Domehome love it..You have wonderful artwork in your garden..:) You are so creative!

They came in first place in the demo derby last night and had the best paint job..lol It was great fun... And the Packers won.. My boys Woot woot... Have a good day..Yippee partners....

o

Sun, Aug 16, 09 at 13:19

Hi everyone! I finally have my lists!

Haves:
Salvia transyvanica
Salvia nemerosa
Penstemon digitalis
Penstemon barbatus
Daylily babies no id 2 years old
Daylily babies mom was Catherine Woodbury 1.5 years old
Oriental poppy "Brilliant"
Peony division "Raspberry Sundae"
Rudbeckia maxima
Rudbeckia goldstrum?
Echinacea purpurea (quite a few)
Veronicastrum virginicum
Heliopsis "Lorraine Sunshine"
Delphinium-pink
Eupatorium auromaticum "Joicus variegated (variegated Joe Pye)
Lobelia siphilicata
Coreopsis "Heavens Gate"
Dianthus superbus
Ratibida pinnata (yellow coneflower)
Ratibida columnifera (long headed coneflower)
Rattlesnake master
Veronica may be "Sunny Border Blue"
Big blue stem (grass)
Lychnis chalcedonica
New England Aster "Purple Dome"
Hosta "Golden Tiara" division
Heuchera babies 1 year old no id
Clematis stans
Hibiscus "Red Shield"
Coleus-wizard and exhibition mixes

Wants is hard, I am not too picky:
Shade or part shade plants
Plants for containers-that I can overwinter inside
Colorful foliage/variegated plants
Non invasive water/pond plants-do not need to be hardy
native plants
mounding plants
low growing plants-sun or shade
Daylilies
Ornamental grass

Thanks-Rhonda

o

Has anyone heard from debbya. I don't have a list for her.

o

My have list..

Streptocarpus 'Named' leaf segments, I'll include instructions on how to take care of them.
Neon Philo cuttings

Outdoor optunia pads that survive a Chicago winter year after year, yellow blooms- multiply quickly.

Burrows tail cuttings

Jade cuttings

Baby jade cuttings

Autumn joy sedum cuttings

Unknown sedum cuttings- dusty pink

Unknown sedum cuttings- darker pink

Hedge rose clippings/cuttings- Jackson & Perkins/ Light pink or Dark pink

Asiatic lilies "Orange Pixie"

Hens and chick babies, regular green or reddish type

Old man cactus cutting (will freshly cut off the mother plant) few inches big.

Cute small round dark cactus (barrel type) babies.

Hoya publicalyx division (unrooted, freshly cut- nice cluster)

Ok, that's really all I can think of for now. If I go to a greenhouse with in the next few days and a really neat plant follows me home, I'll post more.

Streptocarpus pic..
Photobucket

My want list- small.. ;) Any neat basket plant, table plant. Love variegated stuff. Houseplants only at this time, it's too hot to plant anything outdoors- it would shrivel! ANY named african violets!
Hugs,
Deb

o

I love everyone's pics.
Barb I'm so happy for you and your sports. I feel like I know a famous person lol.
I have a new admiration for morning glories now lol They grow wild in my yard and usually go battle with them.
Domehome your hobbit house is to die for! I love the bobcat too. I have my own lil bobcat well he's half bobcat.
I can't believe they have fall bulbs in the stores right now. NOT READY FOR SUMMER TO BE DONE.
Barb I don't know why we have never side traded! Let me know I would love to pack you a box!!!
I found a black and yellow coleus but didn't have a name anyone have any ideas. Can't wait to get partners!
lylt
heather

o

I have spent most of the day trying to partner everyone up. I hope that everyone will be happy with their partner, if not email me and I'll see if anything can be done. Since this thread is getting close to full, I am going to start a new one and put the lists and partners on it. I, for one, am still on dial up and it takes a while to load.
Nancy

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 17, 09 at 17:36

Hi! If anyone wants to side trade
send me an e-mail lol, I always look'n
for new plants! Lol!
Susan

o

Hi everyone!!
Yippie, partners!!! For those who are new to the group, send an email to the person you are receiving from with suggestions of what you are interested in from their list. I like to try to give my partner a lot of ideas to make it easy for them to decide what to send me (I basically list everything I like! LOL). You can also send an email to the person you're sending to if you haven't heard from them yet. You decide what you'll send from the list of plants your partner is interested in. We like to pack the flat rate boxes full in this group so keep that in mind. :-) Don't forget to get a delivery confirmation number and post it here when you send your box.

I sent both deb and dee emails. Hope they didn't end up in your spam folders ladies! LOL!!! I will be able to send my box early next week.

bigmama my friend, i sent your side box out today. Hope you like it!! The dc #'s in the car, will post later.

Regina, I've been thinking about you with that nasty storm, hope you're ok!!

Night everyone.
Amy

o

Oh, rats! I got here about 4 years too late! Will repost to the Exchange Forum.

This post was edited by LatinLady on Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 11:54

o

Again, 4 years too late - To the day!

You can't make this stuff up...

This post was edited by LatinLady on Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 11:57

o

Opps..... I replied to an expired exchange.

Edited by me.

Thank you.

This post was edited by senjanevada on Sun, Aug 11, 13 at 15:08

o

I miss BigMama my friend Norma ...I really thought this was a current swap DRATS miss this swap bad! If there's enough interest I'm sure another one can be arranged

o

Hi divahethr, why don't you host one? I just don't have time to host one right now but I would participate.
Nancy
retsec

o

I would love to join if not too late!! thank you! =)

o

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/roundrobin/msg0800261021326.html

Welcome I Hope to see you there!

Here is a link that might be useful: PLANT HOARDERS PLANT SWAP

o

would love to join in!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here