Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Incredible edibles--September sign up (Buried treasure)

Posted by gardenkitteh 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 08 at 11:07

Okay, as my computer is finally working again, and I've just send Daphne her box (sorry!), I think it's about time I got my behind in gear and started the sign up for the September swap.
The title of the swap is "buried treasures"

The name of the game is Root crops, tubers, and bulbs with edible ends. We are focusing on putting things under the ground.

So sign up here if you are interested. I'll post swap partners on 08/25, unless someone objects.

Thanks,
Diane (Gardenkitteh)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Incredible edibles--September Drawing

To further entice you into this month's swap, there will be a drawing among participants for this round! I will be offering Purple Top Turnip seeds, Cherry Belle Radish seed tape and my recipe for Potato Soup to one lucky winner (and maybe a surprise or two if I can get my act together!) A name will be drawn at random for the winner. Then, I will be sending the lucky winner their tokens mentioned above after they send me their address. This drawing will only be open to those participating in this swap.

o
RE: Incredible edibles--September sign up (Buried treasure)

I found something else today to sweeten the pot a little!

o

• Posted by sunnyk Z6 SW Coastal CT (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 5, 08 at 21:19

I dont know if I will be doing this swap....as much as I love sending and recieving seeds, I just dont have luck with root veggies....well onions and garlic do OK, but not really any others. :(

But I will enjoy reading about all the goodies everyone else gets LOL!!

o

HI Diane!
Please sign me up. I sent you an email that answered the one you sent me. Did you get it? I have been trying to set up a new internet access and I think some of my emails did not go through. Thanks! Christy

o

How about this: You can specify "bulbs" if you are afraid of root veggies. That way no one gets overwhelmed.

o
RE: September sign up rules

It was just pointed out to me that I should probably clarify what I'm actually expecting you to send.

I'm thinking of six packets of seed or three bulb types or any combination of the two, with one bulb set=one package of seeds. You might also include a tiny gift in there of a shovel, or a seed planter, or something meant to go underground. Any objections? You can also specify if you do not like growing root veggies (like radishes and carrots), or if you want to grow nothing but radishes because you mistrust those trixy bulbs.

*smiles*

If figured doing this in September would be a good time for this swap because you are planting garlic and many other bulbs that call for a fall planting.

o

Imma gonna have to skip this swap, its so hot and dry here and we are coming into our "indian summer" as it is. I love reading and of course talking though

o

Please sign me up! :D

o

I think I'm going to have to skip this swap :(

o

Thu, Aug 7, 08 at 20:41

Ok, I think I changed my mind!! I want in on this swap....but I can only plant things in the Allium family ie:garlic , onions, shallots etc.....but I can always send a ton of root type seeds and stuff to my partner :)

o

Yay! So far we have:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk

Thanks for volunteering to be part of this swap!
SunnyK--I think we can accommodate that fairly easily.

o

Hi Diane, I have been trying to get in contact with your through email, did you get any of them? Christy

o

I'm gonna bump this.

Come on people! Don't make me beg!

o

I just "advertised" on the vegetable & allium forums. Hopefully, we'll get more takers!

o

For the newer folks out there that may be lurking, Anyone can join us, the only requirement is that you email me with your email addy so we know that it works and are able to get in touch with you when necessary. :) Whatcha waiting for, the fun is right here!!!

o

okay I am going to give this one a try. not sure about root crop but I have a few ideas of what I have to send.
count me in!! I don't want to see you beg, it is just to hot to work that hard ...LOL

o

Welcome Frenchfrylegs1!

o

Sat, Aug 9, 08 at 21:51

Frenchfrylegs1....I love that screen name !!! Welcome to Incredible Edibles :)

o

Welcome frenchfrylegs1! Glad to have you join us! :) If you have any questions please feel free to ask~ :)

o

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am excited to be a part of this swap. I hope to make many friends here. again thanks!
Polly

o

Welcome frenchfrylegs1! It's a fun group :)

o

I am going to skip this month but hope you all have fun!! Amy

o

Amy, can't wait till you join us again! Remember to pop in and say hi and let us know how you and your garden are doing. :)

How is everyone and their gardens? Mine are doing pretty good now. :) I made a butterfly garden yesterday, got good and dirty and felt like I accomplished what I set out to do. :)

o

So now we have:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1

As for my garden, I've come to terms with the fact that I was not meant to grow squash. After months of fighting off the vine borers all of my squash leaves are now covered with white fungus. ALL of my squash. My papya squash, my triple sweet pumpkins, my white pumpkins, my butternut squash. . .

I've decided that obviously the squash doesn't WANT to grow. As I'm not a HUGE fan of squash, next year we're growing more cucumbers.

But my lemon cucumbers are doing well and I have a few waiting to ripen. They are hanging off of the climbing vines, all fuzzy and round, looking rather like the fruit of a balloon plant--or anything that those fruit happen to resemble.

My tomatoes are getting pink, and my black tomatoes are looking pretty (Thanks, Christy!), my corn is a lost cause, but the ladybugs took care of my aphid problems finally. It's a good first year for my garden. *smiles*

o

Wed, Aug 13, 08 at 21:58

Hi all, hope you are having a good week. Oddly enough I am starting to really look forward to this swap, when in the beginning I didnt even think I would join it LOL!! :) I ordered a few things just for it and I think I a going to go shopping tomorrow for some more stuff...I guess any good reason to go seed shopping works for me ROTFLMBO!!

So ....muy garden....well, things are ripening slower this year than in usual years, but I guess that isnt a bad thing as I am not overwhelmed with any one type of veggie. I have a new favorite tomato...Aunt Ruby's German Green...yum!! Of course there still are 2 more tomato varieties in the garden that havent ripened yet, so next week I could very well have a new favorite!! And them again I will be planting new tomato types every year for the next decade with the way I am going so who knows what will be my favorite then.

GK, so sorry to hear about you squash plants...what a bummer :( but it sounds like your cukes are doing great!! I love those lemon ones, I didnt have good luck with them , but last year my Mom's were great!!

o

Diane, I have a question, what does a lemon cucumber taste like? My veggie garden is gone, I have a few bell pepper plants and three eggplants left (with two eggs total). This was a hard year (spring/summer) for my veggie garden and I am skeptical about doing a fall garden due to this drought. (heartbreaking eh?) Our cukes were actually the only thing that did halfway good this early summer (of course they are gone now). I have tons of cheery cherry Toms and Grape Toms up front in my South bed and some various hot peppers (of course they will grow good here regardless lol)

MMM Sunny all the varieties you are trying makes me want to have tomato's for FALL!!

Its too hot here to have root crops or I'd be jumping at this swap. (maybe its just me not knowing how to grow root crops in this climate eh? nonetheless I will sit back and enjoy reading.)

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Looks like we're all having some sort of garden troubles. :( I'm gonna try to plant some garlic bulbs this time around. Hopefully the Hurricane season won't cause us too much trouble and things will have time to grow and produce before it gets cold (4-5 months away for us).

I came to terms yesterday with squishing bugs. LOL Those buggers were getting close to my melons and I'm not having it! Up in arms! err fingers and gloves... hehehe I also planted my fall squash so we'll see how that goes. Summer squash and others didn't do so well after they started producing. Darn bugs!

Kathy

o

Ok, after actually READING what this swap is about, and not thinking about what I thought it was I am in!!!

Don't ask me what I thought it was...geeze, my brain gets me into dumb trouble...lol.

Sunnyk I would like some of your Aunt Ruby's German Green, I saw those on a website an thought WAY COOL!!! lol. If you get some extra seeds would you be willing to share?

Anyway,,,if ya'll will have me this month (next month?) I would like to join in...

:) Fran

o

Well I am not feeling alone now, everyone is having trouble with thier gardens..It has been a dry spell then a wet spell.So far my ccucumbers are.. well lets say not doing a thing compared to last year, my tomatoes are producing tomatoes but not ripened yet, still green and I see the plants are starting to die on the bottom. I have watermelon, never been able to grow it before due to they either dry out or it gets to cold too fast...this year I have 12, one ready to ripen any day now and woohoo I can't wait! My herb garden is new and boy is it beautiful. My flower gardens look good...weedy due to if I leave the weeds it won't dry out, and I of course have zucchini!! I think the trading I am doing here is keeping me from really feeling bad about the non- producing garden.

o

Thu, Aug 14, 08 at 21:49

ncgardengirl , I am fermenting some Aunt Ruby's German Green right now. So once my seeds are all accounted for in a few weeks I would love to share, so long as you dont mind open pollinated. Maybe we will even be swap partners soon and I can share many of my seeds with ya LOL!! But if not I will definitely send you some of the ARGG....just make sure to remind me :)

o

Welcome to the *other side* Fran! I'm so glad that you are going to be joining us for this swap! YAY! Oh I just have to ask, what did you think it was?!?!?! ROFLBO!!!

I agree Polly! LOL I just bought some goodies on Ebay! I'm such an addict, but hey it could be alot worse than seeds! ROFL I also left a lot of weeds, it gets so dry so fast that I fear pulling them all out. I need to mulch better next time, maybe that would help?

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Kathy

o

OK SOUTHERN!!! You really want to know? I in my head when I read (buried treasure) envisioned everybody swaping potatoes, onions, garlics, and other things that grows underground. My very first thought to this WAS, gee, I can't do that I don't have any!!! Therefore I could not participate!...SEE THERE, YOU MADE ME GO AND SAY IT!!!...Now how dimb do I sound...thanks girly...(wink, wink)Love yah Honey!!!

o

Fran I sent ya an email, let me know if ya got it, my emails are messing up again. lol

WAIT.... I thought that was what this swap was also. Where did I miss something????

o
Nevermind

Sheesh talk about confused. I can be a silent partner if there is an extra, I just can't grow things undedrground here unless someone wants to tutor me and tell me exactly how. I can send seeds though and would be more than happy to.

A dizzy and confused
Pixie

o

Found a couple more things for the drawing today!

o

Fran! (((((BIG HUGS))))) You know I lovie you too! ROFLMBO!!! Ready made swapping, Right? Gosh, if not now I'm confuzzled! You know what they say right? Curiosity killed the cat. hehehe

Pixie! HEHEHE OMG I'm so tickled right now! Where's Diane when we need her?!?! LOL

Becky, on a roll like butter again! :D

o

No, Pixie, I actually thought we would send big potato tubers, and onions not seeds, but the actual thing...I saw boxes of turnips, rutabegas, carrots, taters, and onions being shipped across the country to each other...it NEVER occured to me we would ship seed packs...OMG, I am such a dill head...

AND again, THANKS SC1, now I actually had to go and EXPLAIN in DETAIL to poor Pixie so she can jump back on the bus instead of her detour!
I can see now, SC1, you are going to keep me in trouble...LOL...

o

I resent the curiosity killing the kitteh part. . .

Now I'm comfoozed. I'd like to dub this "Worst Swap Evar!"

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. If more than one person was confused then it's obviously poorly communicated. I thought I was bein' clear. . . Lets try this one more time:

We are sending either seeds or bulbs. You can specify just seeds or just bulbs if you'd like (SunnyK wants just bulbs because she doesn't have much luck with taproots, though I do believe that if you send her a packet of seeds for an allium she'll be happy)

So here is the current list:
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl
and a silent Pixieluvplants

Am I missing anything.

o

LOL GK I am sorry, didn't mean to confuse everyone here.... Its Fran's fault!!!! She did it!!!... IMMA INNOCENT!!!!! lol

lol I meant when I said I can't grow things underground (now as I re-read what I said I am laughin and thinking about the lil chipmonk things on the old cartoons that took the carrots and root crops from the gardens beneath it.) Sheesh I can confuse myself even trying to explain!

ANYWAYS... what I meant was the climate and clay ground here doesn't allow me to grow potatoes/radish's etc. I have tried before and there are others around here that do so maybe I am just doing something wrong lol eh?

I am sooo sorry GK, you explained it wonderfully the first time, I just had a brunette moment.

Smugs, (smiles & hugs)
Pixie

o

Uhh uhh,,,It wasn't ME...IMMA INNOCENTS TOO...That's my story...
Pixie honey, try a few rasied beds...you can grow that way, and with potatoes you don't have to put them IN the ground, put them on TOP of your ground then build soil around the plants as they grow, you can use your garden dirt to do that OR apply mulch of whatever kind you use.
For other things that do not like the heat, heat of your summer then grow them in the cooler months and amend the heck out of your ground.
For carrots raised beds are the ticket...I see some in my future as well, we have sandy-clay, it doesn't want to hold its water well, but it still clumps up. I want some carrots so I am going to either add leaf compost or just do straight raised beds.

GK, it wasn't that you didn't communicate it well, I just didn't actually READ the whole idea before my mind begin it's visions and I quickly turned away from the post...THAT I will admit to being MY mistake...in no way was it yours...

You wrote in the first one:The name of the game is Root crops, tubers, and bulbs with edible ends. We are focusing on putting things under the ground. and that is as far as I got, cuz like I said I don't have any of that sort of things growing at present so I stopped reading there...then I got curious again after there were so many post and I came on in to be nosey again an take a peek at the goings on and I am glad I did...lol

Can we make request for something we might HOPE to receive?

See, its all good confusion all clear now...now ain't that right PIXIE GIRL??? lol.

o

Yeppers thats right Fran now come here and make a Fall veggie garden for me! LOL Raised Bed, amend the heck outta this soil, sheesh that sounds like work to me!!!! LOL I guess Im going to have to anyways after all if I want to grow anything in my backyard. HMMM I wonder if fox would let me plant a veggie garden in the front yard?? Nah prolly not, oh well. I can grow things year round here (pretty much) and I really have started a fall garden (started the seeds that is, haven't messed with the soil, was going to put things in pots). Its just been these past 4 years or so that my dirt in the backyard has really gotten bad. Gonna take alot of correction for it thats for sure.

Hey, not having another brunette moment here (btw I am blonde so I can say that) but how do you actually grow potatoes? Do you plant the entire lil seed potatoe or cut the eyes? (I DO know that potatoes don't make seeds thank ya very much!)

Fran what is it that you are hoping to receive? (being nosey here lol)

Pixie

o

You can plant potato seeds, but the easiest way is to grow them from actual taters.

You get one with lots of eyes (those are roots) and you put it under dirt. You then mound up the dirt as it grows so's you get more taters.

I've heard it's better to use certified seed potatoes rather than the ones you buy at the supermarket because potatoes are really susceptible to disease. My mom grows from supermarket potatoes, though and she's never had a problem.

o

Well I have some the market (mine came from Aldi so I ain't gonna call that a SUPERMARKET....LOL, attempt at funny this morning) that we put in the ground trying to grow now.
They had plenty of 'eyes' and I didn't want to waste them and I figured we could get some young new taters from them at least.

Pixie, if you start with regular old market taters, where ever you see the little sprout you can cut that off the tuber, making sure you cut at least 2 or 3 of the little shoot things off on EACH piece you cut and lay it cut side down. Cover it up with an inch or so of dirt and water. The great thing with taters is, the more it grows the more dirt you can pile on them and they will/should produce more taters where ever their roots are touching soil/mulch whatever you used to cover them up with.
Then when the tops (green growing part) start turning yellow or dieing dig them, and whalaa...Edilbes! LoL. You can dig a few early on for young or "NEW" potatoes, those are really yummy with the skins left on and boiled whole, dash of salt and pepper, drained, butter added...ummm, umm..
My mama used to cook them on top of green beans too, that was ok too...

Let me see, Pixie, I am wanting some more salisfy
since something is killing mine. I would like some of those purple carrots and Leeks, shallots, garlic for sure...and any unsual buried treasures anyone can think of...

o

Diane, you were very clear and you are doing an absolutely WONDERFUL job as hostess! :) I'm sorry if I got everyone all worked up, I was just being innocently silly accidentally on purpose! ROFLMBO *Bats eyes* We can dub it as the *Silliest Swap Ever*! ;)I wuv me sum kittehs!

Potatoes potatoes, yummm! My uncle always used potatoes from the store too, he would slice a little off the potato with the eye and plant that part and as it starts to grow mound the dirt up around it. Pretty cool stuff. You can also grow garlic from bulbs bought from the store, much cheaper too. :) I'm really trying to get my hubby to round up some wood so we can make the raised beds for root crops.

I think I'll just direct myself to the timeout corner now... hehehe

o

Sat, Aug 16, 08 at 18:47

WOW ...I go away fo rthe day and look what all breaks out!! ROTFLMBO!!! OIh and if it is all the same with everybody, I think I am going to try all different rootie things and not just alliums...although I would dearly love garlic and all, it sounds like too much fun growing all kinds of root crops!!! :)

Oh , and Fran ...if you want to send me a big box of veggies, I would not turn it away LOL!!! And what is Salsify like????

My vote is for Sexiest Swap Ever!!! And I lovie the Kittehs too!!

o

Okay, when you just batted your eyes I pictured Groucho Marx. This is at odds with my normal mental image of you as a down to earth yet classy Southern Lady.

And you can't food me! You are so amused by my fumbling that you want to keep me around to host future swaps for sheer entertainment value.

I've thought about it, and I'm cool with this.

And of course everyone loves kittehs. It's impossible to stay mad at them:

http://flickr.com/photos/stephenduncanjr/6970981/

o

Diane ROFLMBO!!!
Proof that you can't stay mad at those sweet babies! :)
My kitties are Gator Tator and Nollie Ravioli, for those that don't know there is a rival between two Universities here, Gators and Seminoles. We are the House Divided! ROFL He's a Gator fan and I'm a Noles fan! So we named the cats after them. They (the cats) love me more though! HAHAHAHA!
Gator and Nollie
Kathy n Donnie

o

The one that my husband is holding is his kitteh, Tobias. Sadly, I talked my husband into letting me keep the cat (our apartment didn't allow them) and my husband loudly insisted that he didn't like animals.

Two weeks later DH was wrapped around Toby's paw.

Then I got my kitteh:
http://flickr.com/photos/stephenduncanjr/264148874/
Her name is Gretchen. She's my baby girl princess.

I love the look of utter and complete calm on the cat's faces when they are doing these things. Like "Dude, I know I'm WAAAAAAY to cute for there to actually be consequences for this."

I do love your kitties, though. They look very very comfy.

o
RE: lemon cucumbers

Pixieluvplants;

I just ate my first lemon cucumber tonight in a salad. They are like normal cucumbers, except these were very sweet! There was no bitter under taste but that may be because I keep my garden almost over watered. My husband said the store bought cucumbers taste "watery" compared to these, but they weren't bitter at all. The skins were very soft so I didn't bother peeling them.

o

Can't stay mad at the kitties, one of them actually knocked over one of my houseplants the other day. My fault though, it was *his* spot! LOL Hubby's and kitties, I think it has something to do with not wanting to appear soft or something... ? lol

Gonna have to give those lemon cucumbers a try next spring. Sounds yummy! :)

Hope you all had a great weekend! Looks like we'll be getting a LOT of rain this week due to the Hurricane coming this way. Hope it doesn't ruin what's left of my garden. :(

o

SC1 cute kitties....

sunnyk, I don't have a clue what salisfy taste like. I had gotten some seeds cuz I wanted to know too, I got them to sprout, planted in the garden and I had a dog walk on them, those didn't make it.
Some others something else happened to, all in all I ended up with 2 one I missed in the seed bed,so it is stying there, the other one is struggling to make it in that awful ground out there.
I was curious as to if we would like it or not, so I traded for something a long time ago and got these seeds, so they stay viable for a while too. Didn't germ as good as they could have if done when I got them, anyway, I was hoping to grow enough to find out if it was something we would eat.
Now I am out of seeds...
Oh well, night all.

o

I love the pictures of people's kitties. Cute couple SC1! Here's a picture of my "Kitties." I grew up with cats but my husband hates cats. So we got Shih-tzus (cats without the dignity.)

Buca, the one on the left, has decided that she no longer likes to walk on the grass! So I walk here up & down the driveway. Bear, the one on the right, is my little garden buddy.
Photobucket

o

Booberry85;

That's so weird. I grew up with dogs, but my husband doesn't HATE dogs, per sae, he just gets annoyed with them after a while. He thought it applied to cats as well (after all, everyone knows men hate cats), until he actually lived with one. "They are tiny, beautiful creatures who completely illogical, and yet I feel compelled to worship and obey them. I don't see how a heterosexual man can NOT love cats."

What cute puppies! Buca sounds so dainty.

Southern Charm;
You can always try my favorite response when the cats destroy something. "That looked like it was fun to do." But I am owned.

The lemon cucumbers were a pleasant surprise.

o

Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 19:19

Ok, NCG, I will have to remember to ask you again sometime in the future after your remaining babies get big enough for you tto maybe try LOL!!

I love all the Kitty and Puppy pictures :)

I, of course, will jump in and share some of mine too :)

Photobucket
This is my sleepy pile of babies...Penny is the black blob and she is 12, Marco is my spoiled baby guy at 3, and Comet is one of my 2 kits and he is I think 6 or 7....Gabby is my other kitty but she was camera shy.
Photobucket
Sexy Marco
Photobucket
Thoughtful Marco

o

OMG look at all those pretty babies faces! All the pics are great! Makes ya just wanna go and squeez them up and give em all kinds of lovins! (I have to say that pic with Sexy Marco is pretty sek-say! ;)

Becky, I can picture Buca highsteppin in the snow! giggles... Spoiled rotten goes with the territory, our fur babies get by with more than our kids do. Of course it's cute when the kitties are wrestling each other on the floor, but not the kids! hahaha I'm sure one day I'll hear, but the cats are wrestling and you don't say anything to them! HAHA!

Hope you all are having a great day! I'm going to look up Salsify cause I've sadly never heard of it before. lol

o

I love sharing pet photos! Here are my two pugs...

o

Mon, Aug 18, 08 at 22:18

Oh man...your Pugs are so cute...I love the sweater set!!What are there names??

And SouthernC my kids are always complaining that I love Marco more than them because he gets away with everything and they dont ...LOL!! I do so love them more...but I love him different ROTFLMBO!!

o

OHHHH I LOVE all the pictures of everyone's babies!!!! SOOO sweet and cute! Ya'll most definately should NOT have started showing off your babies cause of course I have to show off my two kiddos! Instead of ya'll (that if of course IF there is any of ya'll that haven't seen my kiddos before lol) having to figure out who is who, Rebs (Rebel) is my BABY, he is 4 years old and I got him 3 months after we lost Cole Matthew. He is the fawn sweetheart. (male of course). Then the reverse brindle vampire is our Mud (thats her call name, her actual name is Caoime but she doesn't know it lol, I got her for our son Alan and she matches colors with his truck after he's gone mudding in it (a later pic) hence the name Mud).
Photobucket

Kisses

Photobucket

Rebels Smooch

Ok, I will stop bragging but hey its fun showing off our babies eh?

Pixie

o

I think we should all take a second to send some love to Fran and tell her that we want her to be part of our swap. She's an awesome lady and if she's definitely added to the conversation.

I'd feel very sad if she left us.

Other than that, Yay! Pretty babies! Keep posting them! No one can feel sad when looking at pictures of animals. For that matter:

www.cuteoverload.com

Best. Website. Evar.

o

Pixie Awww sooooo cute! Love the names and cute faces! Are those Mud's permanent teeth? ROFLMBO!!! Have to dress her up like Dracula's gurl for Halloween. :)

Heather, those are two cutie pies! Love the sweater!

Donna, Kids! ROFLMBO!!! They are always coming up with something!

Fran, (((HUGS)))

o
Fran...

OMG I didn't even see that. I'm so sorry Fran, but Don't you even think for a second that would ever damage your standing in OUR group! ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))

o

Thank you all very much...I can't tell you how much I appreciate everything...

On a happy note...I love all the doggy pics and kittie pics...and maybe I will post my baby later my chihuahua (her name is Muskrat), and my ugly Cheyenne (mixed German Shepard guard dog)...lol, she is just a puppy, good grief she is going to grow up to be the ugliest dog...what was I thinking when I picked HER out???

Again thank you all...I appreciate it and I do feel better this morning...much much better now thanks to all of you...

o

Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 15:29

OMG I didn't even see that. I'm so sorry Fran, but Don't you even think for a second that would ever damage your standing in OUR group! ((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))
I do believe I have missed something. :(

But NCG, I hope you are OK...I am drying some Aunt Rubies German Green as we speak(type), I am going to ferment some more so I have seeds from a few different ARGG fruit so there is a good representation of the variety. :)

at anyrate (((((HUGE HUGS))))

And I love Muds fangs...such a cutie smile!! Of course all the furbabies are adorable...and I look forward to seeing Cheyenne and Muskrat!!

o

thanks sunnyk...yes, u missed something...and GUESS WHAT? it is gone...poof...don't know how...apparently the powers that be poofed it away!...

I am very happy 'bout that...just hate that so many ppl had to see it first...

Pics coming, I promise...been doing other things...got stung 5 more times today by FIREANTS...we are going to get the baitstuff and spread it everywhere to eliminate that problem too..

But will get out there an get pics of the pups and Muskeradoodle (poor little dog gets called everything, and she actually ANSWERS to all her pet names..lol)later on...
Her real name is Fran's Lil Muskrat...I used to have a Siberain Husky who's name was hope...register name was Fran's only Hope...anyway, I swaggered there..pics yes...later..promise...
Ok,,,finished rambling,

o

Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 16:35

yes, u missed something...and GUESS WHAT? it is gone...poof... Well if it made you sad, Then I am totally glad I missed it!! :) ((Hugs))

Marco has a bazillion names as well...lately I have taken to calling him 'Dootie Pup' which I guess came out of me calling him 'Puppa Doo'...cause they both sound SOOO much like Marco ..right?!? ROTFLMBO!!

o

YAY that POOF People work!!! Happy your feeling better Fran.

Yes those are Mud's real teeth lol she has a very bad underbite (moreso than most boxers have lol). As far as dressing her up lmao she HATES clothes! Even bandanna's and she hates it when Rebs wears clothes (which he loves doing!)

I love all the names and pic's of everyones babies! LOL Sunny, hmmm lmao Puppa Doo I love it!

o

Work has gone from dead to crazy busy (which is a good thing.) However, it means I have less time to lurk here! I love all the pooches too! Buca has a bad underbite too. Buca & Bear also have more than one name. Buca is also Buca Daisy Muffin Princess Girl (all as one name). She also goes by Boo. Bear is also, Cutie, Peanut, or Bean.

Fran, I totally missed it, but I'm glad to hear it was resolved and you're doing better.

o

Sunnyk - Bismarck is the one with the blue sweater and Roscoe is the one in the close up.

o
My doggies

This is Muskrat aka as Muskerdoodle,Muskie, Doo, Doodlebug, Boo, BooBear, and Boobaby:

muskrat

This is Cheyenne...she is new to us so no 'pet' names yet:
Cheyenne

This is Cherry; Cheyenne's sister...I DID not name her...the boy did and we got her so Cheyenne wouldn't bark or be loney at night: and much prettier than Cheyenne, I think
Cherry

And this is my baby who I will miss for the rest of my life; Her name was Holly, and that is Muskrat when she was just a pup.
Photobucket

Well, There you have it...my pets...the spoiled rotten one and the soon to be guard dogs...they already bark at stuff when they know it doesn't belong, and they don't bark when they are not supposed too so they are going to be good dogs!

o

Hope I'am not to late please sign me up thanks.

o

Welcome organic gardenmonkey! Glad to have you join us. I sent you an email. As soon as you email me back you will be all set to go! :)

Aww Fran, they are soo darn cute! Is that a growlie face I see on Muskrat? LOL I understand how you feel with losing one of your furbabies, that's the only down fall I see to having them. We almost always outlive them. :(

Donna! That poor traumatized puppy! Dootie pup! Shamie on you, J/K. I sooo didn't expect that one. ;)I get the resemblance in the names Marco and Doodie Pup! OMG! Snorting going on!

Thinks Pixie has connections to the powers be. giggles... If not that's ok too, HIGH FIVE! ;)

Becky, I was beginning to get worried! You were definitely missed! Love the full name for Buca, it's so sweet! :)

Man, I gotta go to bed. I'm gigglin way too much!

o

no SC1, she is grinning..not growling..not grrr..lol.. I don't think she really does grrrr to much unless you make her mad...she doesn't like getting her pic took though and that was the first one...all the rest she refused to look at the camera, lol...silly lil dog...

Yeah, losing Holly was very very hard...she was just a sweetheart...she was my baby baby...best gosh dern dog ever...ever...ever I will never have another as good as her.

Don't ya'll think Cheyenne is uber ugly? I really thought she was going to color up like a real German Shepard...she was wet when we picked her up, so she was off color...then she dried...OH MY GOSH...Cherry is what I had hoped Cheyenne would look like...
But she is a good pup, and she will pal around with me already in the yard so that is a good thing....

Me thinks pixie is super!!! pixie I think my fav would have to be mud...I like the color of the fur

Sunny, marco is just too sexy for his fur...just too sexy...uhh...lol.

Those pugs are adoreable too, the one pic is up close an personal....lol

I love the Shih-tzus, I want one...

We can't have cats...the landlord doesn't like them...we had a stray that I started feeding and she had kitties, anyway, the neighbors bullbuster dog (its a killer pit, it killed the other neighbors beagle that somehow got loose in the night too) somehow got mama cat and killed her...we finished raising the kitties and had to get rid of them...

SC1 I hope you went to bed, you were getting giddy there...lol.

I'm headed off that way too.

o

Fran, so sorry about Holly. She was a pretty dog. I don 't think Cheyenne is ugly. I love the one floppy ear in the picture. Muskrat & Cherry are cuties too.

o

Wed, Aug 20, 08 at 13:29

I am sorry about your Holly ....It's hard to lose a furbaby.

And I think Cheyenne is an absolute doll!! What an adorable face , with the one Pretty ear...and the one Floppy!! I could just kiss her little face!

o

Holly is the cutest beagle ever! I have always had beagles Fran, my whole life. My mom just lost her Suzie this year. She was 14.

Now I have to post my beagle, Maggie May on here. Could someone tell me how to post my pic on here? I could never get a pic to load for me. I am dumb.
I love our IE swap group! We are so awesome! It is so nice that we can all get along and talk about stuff other than our seed addictions!
Again Fran, Holly looks so precious! I have such a soft spot for beagles. And of course, everyone elses doggies and kitties are cute too! I looked at everyone's!
And early thanks for someone who can help me out on posting pics to this thread! Luv, Christy

PS Did we get any more luck in recruiting people to this swap? I believe the roots and tubers have had their feelings hurt with the low turnout (haha!) We should post on the other forums, "Save the Roots and Tubers, Where Putting us in the Ground Is A Good Thing!"

Ok,I am sure that was only funny to me.I think my surgery meds are really kickin in and making me nutty!
I am sure I will be regretting this post tommorrow! Please forgive my dumb jokes! Christy

o

Thu, Aug 21, 08 at 14:07

It was funny to me tpo Christy...I almost spewed coffee on my computer ROTF!!

I love the Beagles too...my next door neighbor has a chubby little beagle guy who comes to visit on occasion, he is such a sweetheart.

As for putting up pictures, I use Photobucket to host my pictures, then when I want to post them here, I just copy and paste the link from the photobucket site that says 'HTML Code'...for other sites you would use the HTML code: < img src= " file location and name" > (omiting the spaces that I put in so I could post it), at least that is what it says to do when I did a search on how to post pictures LOL!!

o

Thank you sunnyk for the help! Now I have been trying to post my photobucket pics. I pasted in the one you told me to, the I preview my post, the pic appears but then I get this message,
Message Rejected
Either you did not provide a name for your link, or this does not appear to be a valid Internet URL.

Please make corrections below:
What am I doing wrong? I know I did part of it right because they pics show up in the preview screen. What Am I suppose to put in the Name of Link area? Maybe that is what I am messing up.
Again, thank you for helping me! I am sure it is very simple, but of course, I cannot get it right! Christy

o

Fran I am soo slow! ROFLMBO!!! I just realized that I was labeled *group trouble maker*! HAHAHAHA! ;) I'm with Donna and all, Cheyenne is a cutiepatootie!

Christy that was super funny!!! For some reason, everyone else must not like to eat... LOL Ever heard of the starving artists? Well I think we have some starving gardeners around here. Of course there are some edible flowers so I could be wrong. ROFLMBO!!! I'm glad that you love it here! :)I'm glad to have you back too, you were missed! Thought I was gonna have to send the Posse out looking for you and Becky! :D How are you feeling? I hope you are recovering quickly! :)

Diane, where are you at chickadee? It's safe now! :D

o

You don't have to put anything in the Link area. Just paste it in the post where you type chat stuff. If that makes sense. LOL ?

o

SC1, I'm glad to see you today. I was worried with all the rain and stuff down there how u were.
Yes, dear that is the title I believe you were christened with..hehe, You know where I got that very some title too don't cha? Only yours is acceptable...<----I'm just too funny ain't I now?

I didn't know some of you were MIAs so but I will say welcome back anyway...hehe

Some days I don't think Cheyenne is all the bad and then somedays I do...lol. Today she was a pretty girl, she listens pretty well for her age and I don't think she is going to be a pain to train (oh look I rhymed) either, she seems to take direction very well. I guess we will see.

Christy, it was funny honey...Me thinks that should be this months motto...LOL.

o

AHH HAHAHAHA! Fran, That was hilarious! You so funny! ;)

o

I have a question Kitteh, just how many of are are signed up? I would go look but that would require me to work and it is just easier to ask YOU....hehehe

I was just wondering, cuz if there isn't too many I have and idea I liked to pass your way, so if you will later on shoot me an email...hehe!

SC1, I just full of hilarious! teehee.(although some might have another opinion 'bout what I REALLY full of... muyahhaaaaa, uh, 'scuse me, pushing me horns back down, didn't mean for yous to sees'em)rofl

Later ya'll,
:)Fran

o

OK,let me try this! This is my Maggie May, my doggie soul mate!
Photobucket

Photobucket

o
Ok, Ok, I will change my subject GW!

Wow, I did not realize that the pics would be so big! Thanks for helping me out! I was always entering the pics into the link boxes, duh!
Ooh Fran, I am interested to know your idea! I love a twist! I think this is the most current list on the thread.
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl

I think the pets on the thread out number us traders! hehe!
Christy

o

Maggie May is a cutie! It's been a busy week at work. I have at least lurked here everyday! Ok Fran, don't leave us in suspense!

o

Fri, Aug 22, 08 at 19:17

Awww maggie is a cutie pup!! I just want to kiss her nose !!

And Yeah....what's the plan Fran....I can't take the suspense ..it's killin' me!!!

o

OMG! What a dollface! I can see why she's your pet soul mate. Beautiful Name too boot!

Fran is full of... ROFLMBO!!! ;) Ideas??? Dangit! You can't do that to us, we will surely burst from curiosity! :D

o

I have fallen for Maggie May, I miss Holly. Maggie has that same look I got from Holly.
I am going to have to get another Beagle. I had hoped the beagle bug would go away, but not yet. I guess it never will, time for a new puppy, yep.

I can't tell you's 'bout the plan yet. I haven't talked to kitteh, and she is the one who has to say if she would like to do something different... ya'll know that, shame on you peeps for trying to jump the gun...hehe.
If I don't talk to her 'bout it soon however, I might forget what I thought about...adhd kid still have those moments...either that or just old age..not sure which for sure.

Yes, SC1, ideas, yeah, that's what I'm full of...yep yep,,we'll leave it at that...hehe

Gosh, I guess everyone is going to bed...

I ain't ready to just yet...what am I gonna do?

:)Fran

o

ERRRR MADDER THAN A CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF

Where is everybody...I need to vent...ERRRRR!!!!!

ERRRRR....

:( MAD FRAN

o

What's up Fran???

o

Sat, Aug 23, 08 at 10:03

Ack...Fran.....what happened ?????

o

Whats up Fran????
I knew once you saw Maggie that you would want another beagle! Christy

o

I'm ok...over it today...life moves on...

o

Bah! You can't get me all eager to hear ventage, and then not deliver!

You are a tease, Fran. ;p

So here's the list, and I'll be posting the partners on Monday:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl

o

Hi Fran, I have had a beagle in my life even since I was a little girl. Even though it was always very sad when one passed, it was never long before there was another beagle in the house. My mom the same, actually it started with her beagle she had as a girl, so our family has always had a beagle as part of the household forever. Out of all my beagles though. I do have something special with Maggie May. It is like this connection I cannot explain. We do everything together, she follows me wherever I go. Since my surgery. she has not left my side. Like I said, she is my doggie soul mate. And yes, my husband gets jealous of her!
Has anyone heard from Diane yet?
I guess your idea Fran is not a go or is it still up for consideration for Diane?
It is nice to know that you are lurking late at night Fran! I have been stuck up late at night with my foot pain most nighhts so I will look for you on here again if I am restless! Christy

o

LOL Christy, I try to go to bed at a early hour. But I am and always will be a night person.
I just emailed Diane with my thoughts, so we'll see what she thinks about any of them. She must not have seen where I asked her to eamil me.
I loved my beagle, she was something special. Very VERY good dog. I want another but I don't know if we will get one or not.
Thanks all of you for asking about what happened last night. I would share BUT it isn't a thing I would post in public and some of you already KNOW what it was about.
I had a very nice chat with 2 who became involved somewhat in the issue and I am doing better about the whole awful thing.
OK, LET'S HAVE FUN AGAIN...

o
Posting for SC1

She says she is sorry, but she is having an issue with her computer now that is preventing her from posting and hopes to have EVERYTHING fixed by tomorrow.

She emailed me from a borrowed internet connection to explain what happened as we where in the middle of a conversation when all Hades broke out and she lost her conncention.
Let's all hope she gets everything patched up and put back together and reconnects soon.

Here's wishing you luck with that girl...GOOD GREIF what a mess...

I will let her fill you all in on the details upon her return.

o

Thanks so much Fran. I didn't anticipate getting the connection fixed so quickly. Figured Donnie would do it once all the other stuff was finished. LOL

Seems as if we had water damage after all. Our intention was to lay new carpet and paint yesterday. I laugh at the thought that something would be easy as pie. ;) Donnie moved the couch, his knee hit the wall and the dry wall just fell apart! Everything was drenched inside and mildewed. Course he wasn't a happy camper... Had to rip all the dry wall and insulation out and clean up that mess. In the middle of that, he must have knocked the jack out of the wall with the baseboard removal or something. Who knows... But now I have connection. :D Today will be a busy day... *scrunches up face* Hopefully we'll at least get the dry wall up and mudded.

When Dad came over to help Donnie with the wall, I went outside to see exactly what my gardens looked like. Everything is rotting from all the rain we got. Ground everywhere is a spongy watery mess. :( Should have just stayed inside.

Anyway, all in all we have our health and lots of love so all is good! :)

Can't wait to swap!!! Something fun to look forward too. :)

Welcome back Diane! :D

o

I'd be entirely in favor of having a "real" Round Robin, where everyone sent to someone new. Does anyone else have any objections?

'cause it sounds like fun. I might all come crashing down around my ankles, but I'll get to say "Whee!" as I'm falling so it'll all be okay.

So should I just assign everyone swaps? Please e-mail me with requests for things you'd like to send and like to have sent to you. I'm looking at the thread and people's lists but I'm kinda slow and prone to miss the obvious.

o

Hi ALL, Is it too late to join? I have been putting it off because I thought I may not be able to give it all of my attention. Alot of stuff going on. It all looks good now. When are the cutoff dates? I will be ordering and I will need to see if they will arrive in time for me to ship out.

Thanks,

Nancy

o

Hey all,
I dont really have a veggie wish list. Or any veggie specifics on my exchange page but I do have a rootables wish list:

Allium spp. (garlic, onion, shallot, et cetera)
Apium graveolens (celeriac)
Arctium spp. (burdock or gobo)
Helianthus tuberosus (Jerusalem artichoke or sunchoke)
Tragopogon spp. (salsify)
Scorzonera hispanica (black salsify)
Petroselinum spp. (parsley root)
Pachyrhizus spp. (jicama and ahipa)
Bunium persicum (black cumin)
Parsnip
Leeks

Dream of dont really expect:(but hey a girl can dream...lol)
Panax ginseng (ginseng)
Zingiber officinale (ginger, galangal)
Curcuma longa (turmeric)
Stachys affinis (Chinese artichoke or crosne)
Horseradish (Armoracia rusticana, syn. Cochlearia armoracia)
Eleocharis dulcis (Chinese water chestnut)

And of course I have the standard BORING rootables to offer nothing specail or exciting:
Turnips: Purple top, Seven top
radish
Bunching onions;
plain jane carrots;
Thats it...

Kitteh, if we do a Robin Round can we add suprises in there too of reg. everyday veggies? Just wondering.
Anyway...I game for which ever we do...its all good, and FUN...hehe

o

Ok, I know this is really going to point out to everyone that I am a newbie,,,,,,,, doing this the Real Round Robin style, how exactly does that work?
I think I was told once about it but I really do not remember. Thanks! Christy

o

Sun, Aug 24, 08 at 20:08

Thanks for asking first Christy...I dont have to look like a boob on my own now LOL!!!

So I am thinking that a GardenWeb round Robin is different than round robins on other sites...cuz the RR I have seen on other sites were: a box started by memeber #1 filled with #1's stuff, shipped out to member #2 who takes out what they want and puts in what they have of equal or greater quantity, then send to #3 who takes what they want and puts in what they have, ships to #4 and so on and so forth til it goes back to #1.

But if you are asking what people want and what people will send then I have no clue as to what sort of RR this is going to be ...so color me Queen of the morons ...ROTFLMBO!!!!Photobucket

So....uhhh....what exactly is a Round Robin ????

o

I was thinking more like:
Person A sends a box to person B
B (at the same times) sends a whole new box to C
C to d and so on and so on until Z sends to person A

o

Sunny yes that is a true RR. U looking a little green there...lol.
However, Kitteh wants to do it though is cool with me. Or however she decides to do this swap it is still going to be fun....yahhhh!!!

o

Meh, I'm liking SunnyK's idea best. I think we'll do it that way.

Does anyone have any objections? 'cause we are changing things so late in the game, how 'bout I give everyone until Tuesday to object. If no one objects, then we'll do it that way.

o
RE: Final list

Okay, here's the final list, as far as I can tell:
GardenKitteh
BonechickChris
SouthernCharm1
Sunnyk
FrenchFryLegs1
NcGardenGirl
Pixieluvplants
Luvgardening2

If everyone could send me an e-mail to confirm this, I'd really appreciate it.

o

Kitteh, it is fun like that. By the time it gets back to you you have NO idea what will return...lol.

Just have to make sure once it flies, the person you send it too has so many days to seek and send to the next and also have DC# when they send it off.

Fun Fun Fun Fun...yeppers it is.

o

So is this the same as the original way we were gonna trade, but we just do not have the same partner for giving and recieving? Or are we actually all sending the same box around to everyone? If we do do that, could we go around twice since there is not many of us and the first people in flight will probably not get as much as a selection as the people at the end of the line?
What is going to be the start off number of seed packets? LIke how many packets should we purchase? Or should we ask the person nexty in line what they would like?
Sorry for all the questions, but I am still a little confused. I hope someone is awake to answer! Christy

o

We are sending the same box around to everyone. I don't see why not send the box around twice.

I'm thinking I'll start it off, and since I'm starting it off there will be four seed packs and five different types of bulbs.

Now you don't have to replace everything in the box. You can if you'd like, but you can also not pull anything out if you don't want anything.

You have one week to send the box to the next person. In that time, you basically pull out seeds and bulbs that you like, and replace the ones you've pulled out with something of equal or greater value. Then you send the box to the next person.

Any objections?

o
RE: And the Winner of the Drawing is........

And the winner of the drawing is.........
Drum Roll Please!
Dtrrrrrrrr!
Dtrrrrrrrr!
Dtrrrrrrrr!

FRAN! Congratulations!

Please email me with your address and I'll get your goodies packed and in the mail this week.

Becky

o

Mon, Aug 25, 08 at 11:00

Congratulations Fran !!! :)

o

Ummm, What drawing? :0? Fran is confused cuz she missed something...lol.

Thanks though Becky and Sunny for the congrats...lol.
I'm a winner and didn't even know I was a contender....lol.

I think at this point it isn't gonna matter either cuz I'm thinking kitteh will be wanting to killeth me REAL soon... :( hiding shaking with fright... not thinking hear kitteh kitteh kitteh, not thinking...shaking head NOOOOO!!!

Oh LOOK there is a total of 8 (eight) of us...nice EVEN number...makes it REALLY easy to, ummm...umm...gulp, PARNTER US UP....it's not tooo late, it's not tooo late (remants of Dorthy in my head...oh toto, What have I done?)
Fran< who is not to make ANYMORE suggestons...nope, nope, nope...hehe.

o

CONGRATS FRAN!!! :D Can't wait to hear what you receive!!!

Diane - Was wondering if other misc gardening goodies will be ok to add to the pot/box same take and replace system... And maybe put an envelope in the box for everyone to add a recipe to and each person can take out the one they like the best and replace with one of their own...

o

Fran, Take a look at the second posting here! I am root vegetable challenged, but somehow the seeds always find me anyway. I wanted the seeds to go to a good home where they would be appreciated. So I asked Diane if it would be ok to having a drawing among participants this round for a couple root veggie seed packets and my recipe for potato soup.

You won! Hurray!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here