Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: No Limit Plant Swap #5

ncgardengirl
14 years ago

The items sent in can be BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY ones and MUST BE 4-6 INCH TALL PLANT AT LEAST!

GUIDE LINES TO FOLLOW:

1. First thing SIGN UP

2. HAVE FUN, all swaps are meant to be fun!

3. The plants you include must be at least 4-6 inches tall and NOT LEGGY STARTS! They must be something you would see at a nursery or plant dealer! BULBS, RHIZOMES, CORM'S, SEEDLINGS at least 4-6 inches tall (and NOT LEGGY ones) are all welcomed.

4. The will be no limit on the number of plants you can send in for this type of plant swap

5. Post the plants you plan on sending in, you may make request from the plant listed up to the total number of plants you will have available.

6. Please send in a limit of 10 on any one variety! No more then 10 copies from one person will be allowed anything else will be considered EXTRAS and used as such! If you have different types of Daylilies you may send up to 10 Little Grapette, 10 Little Business, 10 Strawberry Candy but only 10 of one variety or color.

7. .YOU MUST MAIL IN A LIST OF THE PLANTS YOU SEND IN AND

8. YOU MUST TAG ALL PLANTS SENT IN. SO I CAN IDENTIFY THEM. Also PLEASE include your GW ID on the plants mailed in so people can email you with questions if they need too.

9. DO NOT USE MARKERS TYPE WRITING INSTRUMENTS TO MARK YOUR LABELS WITH, THEY WILL FADE WITH JUST A LITTLE MOISTURE.

10. YOU MUST HAVE ALL BOXES SHIPPED TO ME AND MUST BE POSTMARKED FROM AUGUST 26th-AUGUST29th ANYTHING PAST THIS DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED! NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU MUST MAIL PRIORITY MAIL!!!! (DO NOT MAIL TO ME BEFORE AUGUST 26th!) OR UPS WHICH EVER IS CHEAPEST FOR YOU

11. You must include a shipping label for the return. You MUST INCLUDE ENOUGH POSTAGE TO GET YOUR PACKAGE BACK TO YOU, and maybe a little extra just in case you have a larger box coming back to you then what you mailed in. PLUS 1.00 dollar to cover the cost of the Delivery Conformation # on the return back to you. PLEASE PLACE ALL RETURN LABELS AND POSTAGE IN A PLASTIC ZIPPY BAG SO AS TO KEEP THEM FROM GETTING MESSED UP

12. Credit will be giving to each plant that arrives to me in good condition and alive. If it didnt make it in shipping I can not give you credit for the plant.

13. Plants must be properly packaged, I will post information on how to do this.

14. YOU MUST SEND HEALTHY PLANTS OR PLANT MATERIAL!

15. IF you have questions please ask.

16. Cuttings will be allowed, HOWEVER, you should provide at least 3 cuttings per plant for houseplants or 5 cuttings per plant for shrubs/bushes, this time of year it should be HARDWOOD cuttings from woody type plants. DO NOT TAKE CUTTINGS FROM FLOWERING PLANTÂS TIPS THAT ARE IN FLOWER THEY WILL NOT TAKE! USE ONLY NON FLOWERING PLANT PARTS.

17. You may bundle all plants together that is slated to go to someone, me for instance, you can either tie them together or place in a bag HOWEVER, DO NOT COMPLETELY CLOSE THE BAG, THIS WILL CAUSE THE PLANTS TO ROT SHOULD ANY PLANT PART TOUCH THE BAG!

18. Instructions will be giver prior to shipping time to help you insure your plants arrive in great condition!

Let the fun being. I HOPE to see you sign-up. This swap will be timed for most of us to plant out for fall. SO COME ON WAIT CHA WAITIN ON? JOIN TODAY!!!

THERE IS STILL TIME TO JOIN THIS SWAP, PLANTS CAN BE OFFERED BASED ON YOUR WISH LIST PLEASE JOIN US.

Current Swappers

1. ncgardengirl-Fran

2. greenthumbgrow-Tammy

3. flowergirl34-Vina

4. zinaray-Toni

5. sakura_komichi-CA

6. antiqueorchid-Denise

7. dieg01991-Amy

8. robin1962-2008-Robin

9. threas- Theresa

10. cjcjmass-Cindy

11. auntyara-Laura

KNOWN Lurkers:

None at this time

Remember the link posted below WILL take you away from this page/window UNLESS you right click the link to get the drop down menu then choose open in a new window.

Comments (151)

• threas
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thanks, Fran! I do feel better. I did start to dig & wrap plants. It is so much easier to have your tags done,hose nearby & sandwich bags with the flap-top. Some things I didn't do the first time & it took me so long.
    I didn't get your email with your address. Could you send it again? Thanks.
    Denise, Beautiful MG's! Tease!LOL

Theresa

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

Amy,I requested 3 aloes. Robin

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Great, thanks for the confirmation Robin!

Almost done making tags. Will start wrapping tomorrow, hope to get the box out by Friday, but Saturday at the latest!

Amy

• threas
    14 years ago

Wow, I had this page open for a couple of hrs. with my reply started. Just posted it & found alot of responses. Tammy, thanks for the great tips. CA thanks for asking about postage. Laura, the dollar in cash for delivery conf.,is a great idea!

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

CA you can do cash or stamps I am fine with either which ever is easiest for you.

Theresa I am glad you feel better about the process, if you have the stuff ready it doesn't take as long I think.
    I will resend my addy sorry I didn't get it to you sooner, I had a terrible headache and had to lay down for a while.

Laura you poor girl, I am glad you figured it out before something happened to you there, like blowing a gasket or something like that LOL....it's all ok! Even if you screw up a little the plants still would have been in ok shape and I MIGHT could have given them CPC (Crital Plant Care) so don't sweat it LOL...HUGS to you I think you needed one...hehe.

CA I answered you, that is fine and works for me LOL.

:) Fran

• auntyara
    14 years ago

I feel like a kid again,
    I can't wait to get my box!
    Dear Santa I've been such a good gardener this year...
    I hope I get just to name a few...
    a pony
    hair pretties
    and that ruby red bb bush!!! and
    the beautiful pink iris!!!
    and variagated weigelia!!!
    and liriope!!!
    and zebra grass!!! and
    hosta mouse ears!!!
    and, and gosh I'm so excited I can't remember what else!!!
    sorry I sound crazy but this is my first swap!
    and I'm HOOKED and i didn't even get anything yet. LOL
    I'm signed up for a seed swap next.
    any body want to play go to the winter sowers forum.
    they have such amazing pics.
    Fran,
    you created a monster.
    LOL
    Laura

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Oh Fran,
    Popping a gasket!
    you have no Idea LOL
    Guess you girls figured me out quite quickly LOL
    when i was a kid.
    My Daddy used to tell me "Laura you're enough to give a ragdoll the Poops"
    only he didn't say poops LOL
    Laura :)

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tammy, I haven't collected seed from them before but I will this year. They haven't produced seed yet but I've been looking.
    Theresa, "TEASE" I know. That's what my husband says. LOL.

Maybe if I get enough seeds I can join in a seed swap this fall.

I would love to get some rarer japanese morning glories. I might have to spring for some.

I started wrapping up plants and a thunderstorm came up. Figures, when I had everything set up it would start:( I woould stay out even though it's raining but it is lightning too.

Denise

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

I am digging, wrapping and shipping tomorrow...

On a sadder note...
    OK everyone. I am sooo sad. I registered Danae for school today and she starts monday. (Yes I procrasinated!) I just don't know what I am going to do without her. She has never been away from me for a whole day and everytime I think about it I start to cry! I just can't believe my little girl is going to be going to school all day and I won't be there.

**do I sound whiney yet?** well I am really not knowing what to do she is my little side kick. She wanted to be homeschooled so I was all prepared to do it but left it up to her and she changed her mind so now she is going to schoooooolllllll **yes that was a waal**

:-( Booo hooo hoooo really crying here!

Tammy

• threas
    14 years ago

AAAAWWWW, Tammy! It'll be OK!Been there, done that! Little Mikey is still there! :)You'll enjoy the one on one with him.
    It will be that much more special when she comes home from school!Sorry, I know I'm not helping.LOL

Theresa

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Oh Tammy,
    I HATED!!!!!!!!!!!!! sending my sweet innocent babies to school.
    you'll be ok hon and she will love it.
    be prepared for her to call you by her teachers name.
    Hurts the 1st 50 times, then you feel ok knowing she loves her teacher.
    I remember what you're going through.
    hang in there.
    Laura

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Laura - Dont worry I am sure they won't die ***keeping fingers crossed***

Tammy :-)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ahhh Tammy, I can't imagine being that close to my kids! I could see where it would be hard on someone in your position. I WISH I had been that close to all my kids...
    just think now you can start doing stuff with the little one, maybe not as much as you and Danae do at the moment but you will get there with him too.
    Throw yourself into your plants and seeds lol, and remember she will only be gone a little while. I can see her standing there with her hands on her hips now saying OH MOMMIE, it will ONLY be for a FEW HOURS A DAY! LOL.

Denise, I understand completely about being out in the lightening, we would rather you not be too! LOL. I SURE will not be out when it is, not near windows either, it CAN come in through them too.
    I hope you can join some seeds swaps too, I will have another WOW Thanks, I wanted THAT swap probably around Feb again. MAYBE Jan. I had fun doing it this year. I haven't gotten to start too many seeds this year but I hope too over winter!

MAN, I am SOOO bummed, I planted my parsley and it was doing well (my first time ever!) and I being the dummy I am forgot to water it yesterday evening!!! ERRRR, needless to say it was all croaked today! SO I will be starting over with those!

Ok, well, I am glad boxes are starting to move I can't wait to get them. I have my tags ready for my plants to be dug and tagged, I will not do mine until I know the last box is coming so all I have to do is put them in the boxes they belong in and go to ship them!

Laura you're too funny. I am glad you are having fun, I hope you will stick around with us too see what we have coming up next! ;)!

Well, I think I will go check on the other threads and get ready to go to bed or start some more seeds, not sure which yet but SOMETHING lol.

Later all,

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

awwww thanks for all the support. It is really hard. I thought if she decieded to go I would be fine thinking I would have a ton of extra time. But now that it is actually happening I am just so unsure of everything. and not even sure what to do with the time **still whimpering inside.**

• threas
    14 years ago

Tammy, just keep telling yourself this is best for her social skills. Pretty soon, you'll be saying "The school day is done already? Where did the time go?" LOL

Theresa

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

WHEW! It took all day yesterday...but everything is packed and mailed. :0)
    Okay....so about my box... the red yarrow is going to look like I mailed a bunch of sticks :(! I had to trim it all back, but I sent clumps instead of just a baby plant(so you get stick clumps :0) ) and

Tammy, the Black Eyed Susans...I sent them in one big clump too. Since you were the only request...There should be about 4 good size babies in there...I thought it would travel better together and you could separate if you wanted too.

OH! and the Lemon Balm has been very fiesty this year and mated with the vinca vine and the tall white phlox!! SO I dug 5 clumps of Lemon Balm (which when I trimmed also looked like I'm mailing sticks), but in those clumps could also be tall white phlox and vinca. I am SSSOOOOO sorry for anybody who JUST wanted lemon balm. If you don't like what you have I would be happy to send a non-mated replacement (if I can find one) :0)

And the Heirloom Purple/Gold Iris, I packaged up everyones individually with names on it...each person has at least 2 in there packages....then there are like 10 extra in the box besides the ones claimed earlier. WOW! when I dug into that one clump like 50 of those suckers came up! I couldn't believe it. Some are small rhizomes but they all look good.

I wrapped everything in newspaper and then plastic and then taped the plant name tag stick to the outside of the plant. I put the person who's receiving the plant on the tag and who it was from as well. Then, with the extra, unclaimed stuff I put in a large bag all together. That only has my name on it.

Theresa, your lily of the valley is also coming in one clump. There are like 20 pips on it and I thought it would travel better together. The extra lily of the valley are also in clumps only smaller than Theresa's. It is impossible to separate those little things...and if anybody wants any more PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!! They will be in the mail faster than you can say PIP! :0)

Fran, I didn't know that you didn't want cash in the box. I am so sorry...you have cash in my box. In fact I weighed the dippy thing at home and it came to $26, when I get to the post office it came to $27. I only put $26 in the zippy in the box. If my return comes to more, let me know and I 'll send it right out to you... I am sorry.

I am sorry this is so long....I am just anxious about everything getting where it has to go in one piece.

Denise....those pics are gorgeous. I love the Blue Pea, breathtaking...so delicate!

And Tammy, I am sending my little girl (Taylor) to kindergarten this year ALL DAY! She starts after Labor Day and next week is her orientation. I think I have bitten off every nail on both of my hands. I am so nervous!! I am a stay at home mom and she has NEVER left me for that long ever. She is only 5 and my best buddy in the whole world. I call her MINNIE ME. My DH says that its lucky that I have my son(Billy) (he just turned 1) at home with me when she goes to school, or I'd be one of those stalker moms waiting in the parking lot for school to end everyday...:0) Don't know what I'm gonna do without my Ree-Ree during the day...okay starting to cry a little bit...NEW TOPIC PLEASE!!

Okay...the Stella D Oro's are also in clumps...Not just fans. I believe I shipped out 3. I almost has to get an axe to separate those darn things! :)

Okay...better now. Have a great day...check in later..vina

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Vina we are in the exact same position! How not funny is that!. Danae is 5 also and mikey is 1 also. LOL. I know I keep crying all the time also. I can't stop myself everytime I think about her being gone all day. It just seems like too long for someone so little.

I only have to work on Thursday and my mom always keeps them then so she has never been away from me really. I am so nervous I didn't sleep at all last night thinking about it. I just want to keep hugging her and not let her go... ok I know I can't but thats what I WANT!

OH and fran you had it about right she said (with her hands on her hips ahhhhem) MOMMY I AM NOT A BABY ANYMORE AND I NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL LIKE MY FRIENDS. MIKEY WILL BE HERE WITH YOU AND WE CAN PLAY WHEN I GET HOME. oh ok new subject before my keyboard gets ruined!

I will be packing today. Yeah!

Tammy:-)

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Oh Tammy...I know exactly what you are going through!!! Taylor received her orientation letter with her teachers name and homeroom # and she keeps saying, "See I got mail. I'm a big girl and going to school, and eating lunch with all my new friends."

At least I am taking her and picking her up everyday...absolutley NO BUS! The bus' around here are crazy!! 60 kids on 1 bus with 1 driver...no thank you!! Thankfully I live about 5 minutes by car from the school.

Okay...okay...no more talk about this or I am gonna cry :0(
    vina

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Vina hon, cash was fine with me, I have no problem with that. The OTHER swap is the one that said NO CASH, I like that though BECAUSE it gives me a chance to use UPS IF I need to, because some of you might have bigger boxes then the Large priorty box holds and it is easier to just go up in size and go to UPS!
    So don't worry you didn't mess up, it is all fine. WOOOHOOO, plants on the WAY!!! I get so excited, I can't wait.

You think letting your babies go to school is hard? THAT is nothing, wait until they are not babies anymore and you are home all day with no children in the home, I am so considering adoption! Honestly if I could afford to do it I would.
    I so miss my kids, I CRY because they are grown and gone and I am home without them. It just doesn't seem right without them here, I could talk to them anytime I wanted NOW, I have to leave a message most of the time and they MIGHT call me back....
    SEE THAT makes ME cry, I so miss my babies. Love them as much as you can now, maybe they will come back home to see you a lot! One if mine is clear across the states in Washington! I can't even go see him when I want to! AND he got married while there and I haven't met his wife as of yet! That was like a year and half or so ago!
    I tell yah, they can break your heart!!!

Ok now I am changing the subject!

Theresa, how did you do with getting all your plants together?
    Denise, I hope it isn't thunderbooming today so you can dig and pack.
    Toni, your awful quite, you ok?

I can't wait until the boxes start coming in! LOL.

Ok, I need to go get busy, I did manage to almost clean up all the junk I had on the front porch. I am moving most of the stuff to the shelter STILL in progress of getting bulit! NO he did NOT finish it yet!!!

Later all,

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

It is so hot and humid. All my plants that I have dug are all wilted up. I sure hope they perk up. I am a bit worried. I don't think the gloriosa daises are going to make it. If they do not perk up I am not going to send them. Sorry guys.

Denise

• threas
    14 years ago

Denise,your plants will probably be fine. I noticed if I dug the plants and rinsed off the roots, wrapped in damp newspaper or paper towel and then plastic baggy RIGHT AWAY,they're still good from yesterday! The first swap I didn't wrap right away and they wilted,so I cut most of the foliage off,because it looked so bad. But plants are pretty tough, they'll come back from the roots.

Fran, I'm still working on it. But it's going alot quicker than last time!

Theresa

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Oh Fran,
    not to keep bringing this sad subject up but I know what you mean,
    3 of my five still live at home but it's just not the same.
    I cry everyday too.
    I can't believe i even miss changing diapers.
    we all used to have so much fun playing hide and seek and water balloon fights.
    Enjoy every precious moment girls :)
    Oh gosh I'm crying now
    Laura

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

you guys are making me not want to have kids!!! Yikes!

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I am done packing my box. I will ship it tomorrow morning.
    I could not send the gloriosa daisies. They were too rough looking.

Here are some extras I sent
    3 extra Yellow ruffly Iris No Id
    2 extra pink ruffly iris No Id
    1 japanese painted Fern
    1 fernleaf bleeding heart

I will leave it to Fran to determine who gets them.

Denise

• cjcjmass
    14 years ago

Hello everyone

Fran I shipped my box out this morning confirmation # 03091140000068801443.

My brother was in Surgury yesterday for a leg amputation so i'm a little under the weather will check back in tomorrow.

• purpleclover
    14 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to here about your brother, Cindy.

Got my box in the mail today. Confirmation # 0308 3390 0000 1160 6390

(Sorry I didn't get it in the mail sooner; Monday would probably have been better.)

I hope everything gets to Fran okay. I'm not sure I did this right. I kept having to look for a bigger box, and I couldn't have stuffed -- oops -- I mean added, anything extra. Sorry Fran, I wasn't able to group by person. I mean I did, but it wouldn't fit in the box that way.

Can't wait to get my box back and see how the pros pack.

I am so excited to see how my yard is going to look, but I have one new wrinkle, I've discovered a couple of mounds of dirt in the front yard. Don't know where the heck the burrowing rodents are coming from; I live in an area that was developed 50 years ago.

Coyotes I'm used to, but not garden varmints!

Take care all,
    Genez

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning all...
    Fran my DC #0307 1790 0002 5604 6572. You might even be getting the box today since I mailed on Tues. (I hope everything is okay)NY to NC shouldn't take too long.

Cindy, So sorry to hear about your brother...my prayers go out to you.

Genez, I tried packaging up by name too and couldn't stuff..err fit it in the box that way either. I think if you have everything labeled it should be okay...thats what I'm hoping anyway :0)

SSSSOOOOOOO on a new topic. What's up for next month?? My box is shipped and I'm getting antsy...:0) This is too much FUN! Fran...think I'm addicted!!! I am already trying to think of new things to trade..............waiting patiently (well not so patiently since I brought it up)
    :0) vina

• Sweet Sakura
    14 years ago

I am hoping to be able to get my box packed up tomorrow. If not, then it will definitely go out Saturday.

~CA

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Cindy,
    sorry about you brother, hope he has a speedy recovery .
    prostetics have come so far in the last few years. hope he adjust great to it.
    Fran, my #03050830000116583744
    you might get it today.
    Laura

• threas
    14 years ago

Could someone email me Fran's Address?

Thanks, Theresa

I'm gonna take pix of everyone's pile-o-plants before I pack them in the box. A little preview!LOL

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

You guys are so awesome!! And so FAST!! My tags are made and ready to go and I have started to collect the plants I have in pots and move them to the "staging" area. All of my packing materials are ready to go. I am going to start packing tonight and, if I don't finish tonight, I will finish tomorrow. I'm guessing my box will go out Saturday. But if all goes smooth, it might get out as soon as tomorrow. Man, I wish I didn't have to work and could be home and packing my box now. I'm so excited!!!

Theresa, great idea to take a picture of the pile-o-plants just before you pack them. I'm gonna do that too!!

Amy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Theresa honey, I have emailed it to you 2x already from hotmail not GW either! I don't have a clue what the heck is going on with it, try emailing me. You can do it through GW or your email account.

Tammy could you email my address to Theresa just in case, Theresa STILL email me though so we can try to figure out what is going on with mine to you.

BOXES ARRIVED TODAY YEAH:
    Vina good grief HOW much did this thing weigh?
    Laura

NOPE, I haven't opened them yet, I was too excited because they arrived and I wanted to post that they are HERE WHOOT WHOOT!!! hehe

SO 2 down LOTS to go LOL. Ok, now that I posted I will go open them.......

to be continued

• threas
    14 years ago

Fran, I don't know what's going on. I emailed you about a week and a half ago too. Did you get that one? I'm emailing you again.
    Hope Tammy emails me soon. I wanna get this baby in the mail!

Theresa

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

I use hotmail too and sometimes my emails don't go through. I've noticed that it's mostly to people who have yahoo mail. Have you checked your spam/junk folder? I will forward the email I got from Fran Theresa. Look for it.

• dieg01991
    14 years ago

Ok, I just sent you an email Theresa from my yahoo account. I sent it to your email address that's listed on your "email me" page. Hope you get it.

Amy

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

I sent you the addy about a hlf an hour ago. Did you get it?

Denise

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Amy, I appreciate it I don't know what is going on with that! I hope yours goes through.

no Theresa, I didn't but I did get the other one so I don't know what is going on the one where you were talking about the event here I emailed you back telling you it was no big deal and not to worry about it did you get that reply?

LAURA YOU ARE THE GREATEST! LOL, I LOVE how you have everything wrapped that is just too cute! Thanks for sending me the bundle, that was just too sweet and so unexpected! I was tickled purple girl! THANKS so very much! And since I only have yours and Vinas in at the moment that means I have time to plant these babies! WOOHOOOO and DOUBLE WOOOHOOOO!!!

Vina, your box is HUGE OMG! I wish you all could SEE the size of her box! OMG....
    OK, the Russian Sage(s) isn't looking too good I watered it well I hope it will revive.
    The yarrows aren't happy either other that those everything else looks terrific.
    Vina, all I can say is WOW, I love your plants!

Tammy, you will be happy with the BES she sent very LARGE bundle!

I took pics of the contents if anyone wants to see what so I thought about posting to give you all a preview....maybe I will LOL.

I am very happy with what has came in so far, wow you ladies you two out did yourself, Laura you had nothing to worry about. VINA OMG....I don't know what else to say, ummm you DID keep some of these plants for yourself right? It looks to me like you sent in your whole garden LOL.
    Ya'll really will not believe the CHUNKS she sent in of most plants! WOW....yeap, I am amazed!

• threas
    14 years ago

Thanks Denise & Amy! I got both your Emails! Fran, I hope we get the kinks worked out with ours.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Genez, do you know WHICH animal is making the burrows?
    My mom has voles, she has a hard time getting rid of them, they have eaten a LOT of her plants/roots and lost so many plants to them, she doesn't even garden much because of them well she stopped getting a lot of things she liked because of those creatures.
    She has pretty much stopped gardening because her health has declined so much. She used to have EVERYTHING, now she is just down to a hand full of plants but they are still all over her yard she just has pretty much the SAME things in different places. It is still pretty though, but not like it was.
    I hope you figure out what critter you have and can get rid of it before it/they do too much damage! Good luck finding out HOW to do that and what works for you...

Theresa, I emailed you back, I didn't realize you already had gotten 2 emails with my addy LOL but I included it again LOL.
    PLEASE tell me you got it this time!

Ok, I am off to go do some stuff....I will check back in later!!!

• purpleclover
    14 years ago

I have no idea what creature it is. This is all new to me. Where I'm from, mounds means ants, so I kicked the mounds and no ants. Well, huh.

Apparently common in CA to have problems with pocket gophers, moles and voles. I've seen holes at the dog park, and some of the dogs are nuts for digging out whatever is there.

I'm going to dig around in the front bed today. I don't want to put out nasty traps. Yuck.

Genez

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Fran OH GOOD I can sleep easy that it got there! The red yarrow and sage looked like that when I dug it up. Up here it is done flowering and I had to really cut it back. I am hoping the roots will be okay...if there okay...we're in business!
    I don't remember the weight I didn't write it down, just checked it on usps.com and they gave me the price.

AND there is plenty more where those came from. I have new and exciting additions for next month....wait and see :0) I have almost 3 acres yard/gardens...so many things to add so little time...

Genez, I have voles...those things are ugly and nasty!! A jack russell terrier (LOU) lives next door and he is constantly running over and digging up the yard looking for the little suckers. Some times he gets one and you can hear it letting out these screaming squeaks...nasty! I think I should put Lou on the payroll...rodent control :0)

vina

• threas
    14 years ago

My package went out today. Confirmation # is 0309 0330 0000 9450 3292.
    Fran I didn't get any emails at all from you. What's with that? I would love to have a peek at the incoming goodies!
    Genez, I hope you get rid of your rodent problem.

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Fran - My box went out today. They said 2 days and I did get a conf. number. I will email you that later. I am expecting stuff to be wilty but you know those plants they will come back for sure they are tough.

I have to hurry because 6:00 is Danaes openhouse for school.....ohhhhh and the running starts. Boohoohooo. **** Hand raising with 3 fingers*** I promise I will do my best not to cry in front of the other parents and embaress Danae. :-( I would love to see the plants also. I wish I would have taken a photo of the plants before I sent them because you all know they look so much better BEFORE you ship than after you get them. LOL. But remember everyone be persistent. Plant them all. And even if they look like the tops are dead keep watering them and they WILL come back. I have been fooled too many times and before I learned this I threw away I am sure a lot of good plants!

Genez - I have heard if you take dog doo and put in the holes they will leave the area. Never tried as I don't have a dog but some people swear by it.

Vina- Thanks for th Bes. I am so excited!

A lot of mine look like sticks also because I had to cut off the tops..

Note on the DAHLIAS
    The Dinnerplates are about done for the season so they SHOULD die back completely soon. Do not think it has died and upchuck it. Just a friendly note of warning:-) I only had enough for what I though I would of the reg dahlias but the dinnerplates I did all the requests those ones are nice ones with multiple tubers attached. I am not sure if you can separate them to make more than one so I did not. I would plant it as is and let them detach in the spring to make new plants.

Note on the MINTS:
    The mints are best if you put them along the top of the dirt with only the top end sticking out a little so that it will grow roots all along the stem and shoots will form all along it :-)

Note on the Peony:
    I could not find which one was white. I promised one and I owe it to you (have to look who) I will have to make a note on my sheet to send it right after it blooms in the spring.

Amy - You made me laugh! I couldn't imagine myself without the kids. In fact someone today said "well you can start doing things you used to do before you had them" and I honestly can't remember what I used to do! (and it has only been 5 years - that is bad!) I know what I can do now but I would rather have her with me, how sad is that. Some moms pray for the day they are 'free' and here I am boo hoo ing....

Cindy - I am so sorry girl. I will pray for you and him. One of my good friend growing up had a pros. leg also. make sure you remind him to be himself and don't let it change who he is inside.

Chat Later everyone!

Tammy:-)

• auntyara
    14 years ago

PHEW!!!
    they made it!
    Fran, I'm so glad you are happy with your tiny little bundle.
    You're too sweet.
    Will sleep good tonight. :)
    I worry tooo much Lol
    Laura
    P.S.
    I hope i requested some thing from Vina :)
    I'm so excited I can't remember LOL

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cindy, I hate to hear that about your bro. I have worked in health care and worked with patients without legs, they were happy and heathly THAT is what is important.
    With GOOD PT he will get used to it and I knen one person with a pros. leg and I didn't even know they had it! Until years later! You wouldn't have known it, no limp nothing, could walk and run with the best of us! Amazing AND now they are made SO much better then before, so be dishearted.
    Blessing to remember he is still here, and that is what's important.

Ahhh Tammy, it will be ok really. Just remember she will enjoy being at school. AND if she doesn't then you can always home school her after she decides she doesn't like being away from you and she really don't like school after all ;).

I have been watering the plants I got in the last swap but I am so afraid they are gone, I think my crazy daisy croaked out! I am so bummed!!!
    I am still watering though, so I am hopeful, never give up....lol.

I watered those that didn't look happy so I am hoping they will all be fine, I have then in the house so they will be cooler....can't believe the SO hasn't said a word about it yet, he just asked me how many plants I got this time. YEAP I was shocked LOL, no fussing nothing, not a well you better get'em planted NOTHING hehe!
    I THINK he has gotten used to the idea of plants coming in, hey at least he isn't having to BUY them right? This is WAY cheaper and I think so much cooler, because a lot of plants I have gotten from someone else I remember the person when I look at the plant so I think that is so cool!

I received a blackie sweet potato plant from a friend a few months ago and it wasn't doing anything just sitting there but NOW it has taken off and turned into a monster, it is pretty, I planted it in the ground and I usually have those planted in pots so they don't look to impressive so this one I said I am planting it in the ground to see what it will do and it is now trying to come across my walk/entrance to the porch!

Ok I will show you the boxes I took the pics of, can't see Laura's plants but she packaged them so neatly!

Vina I am sure those are fine, I watered them so I think they will be ok. I will just have to keep an eye on them.
    I was supposed to have a Russian Sage, I started it from seeds I received in a trade. WELL I didn't THINK that was it when it started putting out leaves and NOW that I have seen yours I KNOW it isn't! Gosh darn it I should have requested some from you LOL.
    Oh well, I think I have another pack from someone else I will see what happens with that one.

OK here are the pics of the box contents!

Received from Vina

Received from Laura isn't it pretty?

Genez, I hope you figure it out. If it is voles or moles I have read to put Juicy Fruit Chewing gum in the holes, they say they do not like the smell of it....I don't know, I've never tried it BUT it is cheap so it wouldn't hurt.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow what happened to everyone?

Laura, I watered all of yours some had started to dry out.
    I am tring to make sure all of these make it!
    Girl, you have to tell me how in the world you manage to root everything you root! DO TELL, spill the beans, I looked at the roots on the ones you give me, those are some nice healthy looking babies! So give details on HOW you manage! I am so very impressed I just don't know what to say except AMAZINGLY IMPRESSIVE! What's your secret?
    It took me 2 and half hours to water all those little babies!
    Ya'll are gonna be so happy with your boxes I just know it! Sorry, me watering meant I had to undo the packages themselves BUT I am sure you would rather me water them then let them dry out and die...
    Laura you obviously DO worry too much, I don't know what you were so worried about. The box was packed just fine the plants look splendid! Those are by far the best looking rooted cuttings I have ever seen! Seriously you HAVE to explain HOW you do it!!! I can't tell you how really impressed I am! Trust me, I don't impress easily lol.
    You had NOTHING to worry about at all you did a terrific job!

Vina, yours was fine too. I have no problem putting the plants in the boxes they go in as is...I still can't believe the plants you sent. YOU did a fabulous job! YOU GO GIRL!!! Makes me wish I had asked for some more of what you had lol. Your plants are really healthy looking, you have the best Lily of the Valleys ever! How do you make them grow so well?
    Thanks for sending the extra Lemon Balm, I am keeping one of those myself, I had started some seeds BUT heavens to besty Ross I am a dingbat I tell you. I forgot to water those one morning and poof, I only had 3 that were coming up but hot sun + no watering in the morning and evening = Fran's dead seedlings!
    NOT a good combo there...I have asked my SO to help me water, he is usually up WAY before I am and if he would JUST water my seedling beds all would be fine BUT he will not so I sometimes forget.... so there, I have lost several different types of Basils, Lemon Balm, Parsley and some other things from not enough water and low and behold I started a whole mess of American Leeks (Tammy that is something else you can start and onions too from seeds and grow over winter for a crop nest year) from TOO freaking much water!!!! It rained for a few days (like 4 in a row) and those don't like water, BUT that is when I forgot to water too because I was used to getting all the rain and BOOM, one day no rain and I forgot to water!
    SOO, I will make sure I check all of Vina's plants tomorrow (later today now!) to see if any need water, I am making sure that I give them water if they need it. I sure hope these all make it to all of you in better condition then some of the ones that have gone out (the 100 limit swap had some pretty sad plants) BUT like I said VINA (bless you heart!) sent out nice size plants and some chunks NO JOKE LOL. Can't image how much that weigh good grief it was HEAVY ya'll!

Does that make me a bad gardener? Gosh I hope not! LOL.

Cindy, I checked my Mickey Mouse elephant ear tonight to see if it had made a baby yet, and it hasn't! I have had it since last Sept and STILL not one single baby from it! I don't know if it makes babies I am sure it does but it sure isn't like the others that make a lot!
    I have lots of Illustris and Black Stem babies though, I wish the Mickey Mouse would make some babies! Maybe it like to be fed more, maybe I should get it some food more often and see what happens.
    OPPS, when I was talking in the above message I said DON'T be dishearted (except my pea brain type so be dishearted I so sorry) THAT is what it SHOULD have said anyway....but really, I know it will be hard on him, I hope he can learn to except it. BLESSINGS to you both!

Theresa, if you get a baby from the Hilo Beauty I want to be first in line for it! I had it years ago and I tried to over winter it outside, NOT a good idea! It didn't come back the next year, I was so disappointed.

I wish ya'll could see my small red cannas, I started them from seeds this year and the are only like 2 foot tall, they are so cute AND have made a couple of babies already! I was shocked they grow from seeds so fast and bloom AND made babies so quickly!

I can't remember who all shipped out Wednesday and Thurday but I KNOW at least one box SHOULD be here later today (Firday) and I will prolly get something Saturday too.

Ok, I am finished rambling now. I am going to bed, I will catch you all in the AM!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning everybody!!
    Laura, your box is SO pretty and neat! I bet you are one of the those people who could garden all day...dig trees and everything and still looked like she just stepped out fresh and new. (I am so jealous!):0) I go outside just to water and come back in looking like I just crossed the Congo...hair flying, dirt all over...I'm a mess! :0)

Fran, I'm sorry your crazy daisy didn't make it...it just so happens that I have a clump of that. Next month I'll send you a plant :0) I have already kinda started a list
    and if you'd like some Lily of the Valley...you got it! The stuff in my garden spread like locust. I don't know why. I give it to people and give it to people and give it...it always fills right back in. You've seen it...I had to get my Ginsu knife from the kitchen to cut through those pips to put into bundles. Those things are tough!

OH! Tammy your first open house....I am sending a kleenex your way...I'm gonna need mine in about 2 weeks...and I can't remember what I did before kids either...don't feel bad. My mom and dad took both the little ones the other day out to lunch. They were gone about 3-4 hours, well after about the first hour of me being alone...I WAS BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!!! I puttered here and there...got some stuff done...but it was TOO quiet! I'm used to "mommy...mommy...mommy...mommy...mommy....mommy...mommy"....you get the idea :0)

I think everybody is wrapping and packing :0)....getting SO excited!! I love getting new treasures in the mail...just like Christmas :0) vina

• threas
    14 years ago

Good morning! I wanna wait to post pix until the new thread.
    Cindy, how is your brother doing? You & him are in my prayers.
    Vina & Laura, your packages look awesome!
    Tammy & Vina, It'll be OK! I know it's hard. I think it's also sad when the youngest goes to school. I really felt useless!LOL Now,I'm used to my free time, but having the older kids is so much more stressful. "Where are they, what are they doing, when are you getting a job". There's good and bad to all of it.

Theresa

• auntyara
    14 years ago

Fran I'm blushin' from your gushin' Lol
    secrets in my water.
    some times cut flowers grow roots in my vases.
    so glad you check for drying out. what good is a pretty package with dead plants inside? no good to me. that's for sure. :)

Vina, lol most days I look like something the cat dragged in.
    but atleast my gardens look pretty :)
    Laura

• zinaray
    14 years ago

mailed my boxes[2] out yesterday, some of the plants don't look good .the iris look half dead or dead the roots are small but should live. daylilies look rough [ice crystal looks dead but roots are live] the 90degree weather and extreme humidity has really been bad on everyone and everything.I hope the perennials make it
    Fran, thanks for the swap and everyone thanks for sharing your plants.

confirmation#0305 2710 0000 7278 3357 and 0305 2710 0000 7278 3340
    thanks Toni

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County