Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
booboobolhuis

How to become a Round Robin Member

booboobolhuis
13 years ago

Hi there,

I was wondering how you become a round robin member. I see that there are different groups, do you ask a group to join or are you approached and adopted? Kinda confused, can someone explain?

Thanks a bunch, Jennifer

Comments (9)

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi Jennifer!
    I'm an OBF member. All you have to do is sign up, and have 1 private swap with a member, then you can join for that months swap. Then your in. You'll get a OBF Questionnaire to fill out and meet alot of lovely ladies.

The MNF Group is also fun! I've done a few swaps there too. I don't think there is an actual "group" there to join. All you need to want is to Make New Friends (MNF)

There are also some swaps there are just open swaps. You don't need to be a member of anything. Like the NOID Iris Swap I'm doing or the Hazy Hot and Humid Seed Swap (Yup! I joined that one too). Just look for the word NEW on the swap thread and usually they are still taking joiners.

This is your only word of caution....once you start swapping you can become addicted. It's fun, you meet a lot of really nice people and they all like to talk "plant" talk. That being said...there really should be a plantaddicts swap :0)

Happy Swapping!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Jennifer, like Vina says, basically all you need to do is sign-up for a swap (round robin) while the sign-up period is going on, and make sure you follow through on your end of the trade. It can be VERY addicting, but it IS a load of fun! You'll meet a lot of great people, share in a common addiction, and you'll be anticipating those boxes in the month with a glow in your eye! Currently the MNF (making new friends) group is hosting a swap which is still open to new sign-ups. Have a great time!

Vina, I agree with you, there should be a plant addicts' swap! I'm hosting the MNF swap for the month of September, and I'm making it a surprise perennial swap. Do you think that would qualify?

Peace.
    -Dan & the Wee Beasties

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

**With a gleam in my eye***Dan I'm already mentally signing up for that one! :0) Can't wait!!
    vina

ps...told you Jennifer...addicting...:0)

• booberry85
    13 years ago

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to the Round Robin Forum! I think there is a swap here for just about anything people grow! I manage the Incredible Edible swap group. as it suggests we swap seeds for all things edible. Right now we're having sign ups for a swap called "Salsas, Sauces & Soups." It's for veggies that you would grow to put in salsas, sauces & soups. Bonnie is host for the swap. Hope you decide to check out the swap.

When looking for a swap to join, look for the word "NEW" in front of it. That means the group is holding sign ups for the swap. Read the directions for the swap and see if it interests you. If it does, sign up! If you have questions, ask. Most of all, have fun with it!

• booboobolhuis
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you everyone for your help, I understand the system now and I can't wait to join one it sounds like alot of fun!!! :)

• sherrih
    13 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm new here to.I am already a plant addict.I have been trying to find the MNF and have no clue where to look anymore. I would love to get in on the sept swap.Would someone please send me in the right direction. Thnks so much, Sherri

• amy_kakes
    13 years ago

ME TOO!

I feel an addiction coming on and would like to join! I have been able to find the A is for August, but nothing that is still open for MNF or OBF? Help?!

• diene
    13 years ago

Hello Amy;
    the first thing you need to do is allow people to e-mail you through GW. I have enabled that for as long as I have been on GW and had no problems with spam. Without that capability, you will not be able to stay in touch with people and will inhibit your ability to join a round robin.
    MNF has no criteria for membership but interest and there should be a new swap soon. You can go to the present swap and introduce yourself and get to know people even though you are not in the swap. It is a very friendly group.
    OBF requires sponsorship and once again if you go to the present swap I believe all the information you need on joining that group is there.
    There are also swaps that do not require membership, Dan is presently running the "Cocktail Seed Swap" and that is open to anyone.
    Welcome to the round robin forum. Enjoy.
    diene

• amy_kakes
    13 years ago

Thank you Diene!!