Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vela75

UPDATE: White Elephant Part 3

vela75
16 years ago

Hi! Box numbers will stay the same...new turn order. Remember, this time you may pick whichever box you want when it is your turn....if someone takes the box you have, you get the one they have.

Turn Order

1.hermitonthehill

2.Poisondartfrog

3.Cedarnest

4. takingroot

5. paya10shn

6. Debbya

7. firegurl

8. hbunny

9. wynative

10. beckilove

11. rockyridge

12. kalena

13. klickitat

14. Veeja

15.ilovefarac - you lucky girl, you!

Comments (150)

• rockyridge
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My d*&% Internet ISP has been down for almost 2 days. Boy, I'm glad it didn't happen in the middle of the game!!! I realize just how addicted I am to the computer now. Cold turkey for 2 days; Yikes!

Cedarnest - your box has been on it's way.....may be there by now # 03062400000028162040

Klickitat - Don't mind waiting; it will give me time to get my bed ready. I'm so excited!

Roxanne

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Veeja- I got an email from Hermit about a week ago, seems she's having troubles with her ISP also, and it's hard for her to get online. So don't give up on her yet!! :O) I know that Aumtumnfairy/Laurieanngarris may have her addy, since she is hosting the Sounds of Summer swap that Hermit is in also. You may want to email her and see if she can get it to you.

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!!! :O)
    Melissa

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Roxanne!! The box arrived today.Thank You!! I had to have the postman carry it to my car for me.I can't do heavy lifting! LOL I can't wait til it dries up enough so I can get all these beauties planted! I am overwhelmed by your generosity.Thank you so much.What an awesome box. Everything arrived in great shape and she even sent markers for them all! I am on a cloud : ))

All summer I complained about never getting any rain ..then august hit and we have had nearly 8 inches of rain this month.With even more over the past 2 days..Crazy...I have been chomping at the bit to get in my beds so I can get Beckiloves box sent off to her but it is so muddy it will be a few days yet.Buts its going to be coming Beckilove... and mud free..lol.....Bear with me beckilove : ))

Nancy

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Nancy! Not a problem at all!! I totally understand the mud problem. We are in Iowa and are probably having the same nearly constant rains as you! Looks like it should be a bit clearer here over the weekend. Thank goodness! Hopefully it won't still be as humid as all get out, but just having things dry out a bit will be good!

Becki

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Just wanted to apologize for the condition of the daylilies. The drought we are in has really taken its toll on my garden. I watered the daylilies the day before I dug them and they were fine the next morning. But, immediately after I dug them they started wilting and turning yellow. I guess the drought has weakened them 'cause they usually don't do that. Good thing daylilies are tough as nails. Just be sure you soak them - foliage and all- in quarter strength fertilizer water for at least several hours - to over-night then make sure you rinse them off before you plant them. They will bounce right back for ya!

I'm glad you liked the box. It was a lot of fun packing it up. My husband thinks I'm crazy 'cause I was singing while I packed. MEN! They just don't understand!

My ISP has been going crazy...off again...on again...every since it got hit by lightning 3 days ago so I don't know when I'm going to be back online.

Roxanne

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Hi guys!
    I will have to catch up on reading the posts next week, but I wanted to let Melinda know that my son told me I left a plant on the kitchen sink. That means I left a plant out of your box. Whatever it was, I promise I will get a new one out to you when I get back home. I am sorry! First I was leaving, then I was not and then I was, and I guess I left it out in my haste to get things squared away before taking off.
    Out of the frying pan, into the fire! It is just as hot and dry here as at home. The ground is so hot you can feel it through your shoes.
    Have a great weekend-hope everyone is well.
    Alana

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Marie,
    Your box arrived! I loved each and every item in it! Thank you so much for putting together such a great box!
    I can't wait to see the baby Amaryllis bloom! They are so adorable, and traveled very well! I really don't know much about Amaryllis yet. Do I let them grow until they outgrow the pot? Any special fertilizer? Light requirement?

Thanks soooo much, I'm really thrilled with everything!

My box will go out early next week. It stormed all week long, and I'm waiting for things to dry out.
    I'll post a DC# when it goes out (either Monday or Tuesday).

Deb

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Good morning Ladies!
    Alana, don't worry about the plant. I think it was the patriot hosta! I understand how easy it is to miss something when you have other things on your mind! I am thrilled with the other plants and seeds! No need to send a new plant as postage is too high to mail one hosta!!
    Have a great morning everyone! Melinda

• firegurl
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

Just want to let Carol/Veeja know that I mailed her box yesterday and the dc#:

0307 0020 0005 3490 0115 I hope you enjoy everything Carol, please let me know how everything travels.

I received Bunny's box this weekend, and everything was absolutely beautiful and delicious. I sent you an email HNB.

Thanks again Vela for hosting this fun swap!
    :) Happy Gardening Ladies
    Danielle
    Firegurl

• wynative
    16 years ago

Good morning Deb,

Glad to hear that everything arrived in good shape! As per your request for info on Amaryllis - yes I printed what I use out for you and forgot it on my desk!! I sent it out Friday afternoon - should arrive today LOL

The babies are kinda cute huh :)) Thanks for letting me know,
    Marie

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Paula/paya10shn,
    Your box went out this afternoon, actually it was 2 boxes. I wanted your flowers in a separate box from the books. Your DC#'s are:
    0307 0020 0001 7143 3175
    0307 0020 0001 7143 3182

I hope everything arrives healthy!
    I'm also sending you an email,
    Karen/kalena67

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi Paula, I tried to send you an email via GardenWeb and it was rejected. Could you send me an email at:
    halvor@wat.midco.net?
    Thanks,
    Karen/kalena67

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I love my box, big healthy plants, well packed. what are the two cuttings in the twin water tubes ? has anyone heard from hermit ? has she sent her box ? I need her addy. Thankyou Daniel, for a great box. I'm eating my fruit candy. thankyou hugs carol

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I haven't heard from Hermit in over a week. I suppose she's still having IP problems?? She said that she would send her box sometime this week. So, I'm being patient...I've heard that good things are worth waiting for!
    But..I've never been good at waiting....

• firegurl
    16 years ago

Oh, sorry about not labeling Carol, those are the patchouli plant cuttings. The rose is Neptune. I knew I forgot to do something. Glad everything arrived well and hope those others root well for you. The cup of gold vine survived our one freak frost here and also intense heat. Just make sure it is dry and well covered for the winter so it does not freeze solid and it should survive... or you could dig up the cane/runner.
    :) Danielle
    Firegurl

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My box is ready to go out (just finished packing it up). Off to the post office, I'll post the DC# tonight!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Becki,You box is on the way usps priority #0103 8555 7490 3200 4172 Should be there tomorrow I bet since we are so close.Enjoy : ))
    Nancy

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Hello All! Just wanted Marie to know that I had an ill grandson with me yesterday! So got the box done this am and sent to po with my Dad and some other errands. He forgot to leave it. It is ready and will send first thing in am. Will post dc# then! Sorry! Melinda

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Jaye,
    DC #0307 0020 0004 7460 8003.

Deb

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Hi ladies. I've been sick lately... sort of connected to all that's been keeping me disconnected lately. My package will be late. I'm really sorry. :(

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Woo Hoo! I got my box from cedarnest today!!! Yippee!! What a box! The tulips had rotted in the ground (totally understood with all the rain!!), so she sent replacements that more than made up for them! I got 3 different daylilies, a stargazer lily, and some Asiatic lilies! (Did you know I have a little girl named Lily?)

My absolute favorite in this box, though, is the 'Aloha' dinnerplate dahlia!!! From the photos I see of it online, it is a real beauty!!!! I can't wait to grow it!

Now, I am in zone 5, and I'm not sure if I should plant these all out in the ground right now. The daylilies and peonies I think will be okay, and the daffodils and iris', I think. The cannas, can I just put them in pots, and bring them in when it gets cold out? And the dahlias - should I plant them now and dig up when I normally would dig up the dahlia tuber? Or should I just put those in a pot as well? Sorry, I am still learning all these things! Oh, and the amaryllis I should just pot indoors anyway, right?

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Finally- Marie-the package went out this morning! Should have by Friday! The dc # is 0306 3030 0002 2501 4762. Thanks, Melinda

• hermitonthehill
    16 years ago

I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It truly was beyond my control! Our ISP was only the beginning - then we had storms move in and perpetual power outages. (not much rain volume-wise, but LOTS of thunder and lightning - it's still too bloody hot though!)

I have written to both Veeja and HazelnutBunny... private emails not sent through GW so they should arrive without a problem. Please let me know if you got them either by replying back or posting here?

I've been very frustrated not being able to read on GW or even correspond via email. Grah!

Hermit - forced into additional seclusion for lack of electricity or connectivity!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Good to hear from you, Hermit!!! :O)
    Had Miss Veeja a bit worried!!

• wynative
    16 years ago

Melinda,

thanks for letting me know. Hope your grandson feels better!

Marie

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Karen
    ******** I got home from work last night and there were my packages there waiting for me!! Everything shipped wonderful... I will be putting everything in the ground tomorrow..So many seed's *WOW* looking forward to seeing them next summer!! Love it.... Love it... Love it !!!

Thank you!!
    Huggs Paula

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Jules/klickitat

Mailed your package yesterday... #03062400000283339621.

Paula

• klickitat
    16 years ago

Box for rockyridge went out today!

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Paula, I'm so glad everything made the trip!! and I'm glad you liked it! Now I can stop worrying so much, lol.

• klickitat
    16 years ago

paya... your box showed up today! I'll post its contents tomorrow... I've got TONS of laundry to finish up, and it won't get done on its own. THANK YOU!

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

WooooHoooo!!!

My surprise box is on it's way.

Can't wait to see what goodies I get.

Thank you Klickitat

Rox

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

It looks like everyone is enjoying their treats!
    Melinda, the rest of your box will go out Tuesday. The book is right here on my desk where I left it with a note asking someone to drop it in the mail for me. I am reprinting the label as I type now and will get it out to you on Tuesday. The hosta will come separately.
    My daylilies were about gone when I left and the whole garden looks like toast now, which I expected, but I had two surprises. Good old Stella and Strawberry Candy are reblooming in spite of the drought and my white Texas Star Hibiscus is blooming! I had given up on it entirely because it has received no real water since May and was not showing any sign of blooming. Nature is just teasing me to keep me interested!
    Beckilove, I am ready for my package when you are ready to send.
    Alana

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Alana,
    I am so sorry that I haven't gotten it out yet! It is almost ready, and I am throwing in some extras, since it's getting late! I hope to have it going out on Tuesday, and will get the the DC then! Sorry!
    Becki

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Silly Becki! I am the one that asked you not to send - you are not late!!! I was just letting you know that I am back home now; there is no need to hurry.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Okay Melinda. Here are your confirmation numbers. For the book-42026389102785091401256242648 and for the hosta-420726389101785091401257389440. That squares me for this swap. Now I have to go to work on all those seed swaps I have joined!
    Have a great day, folks!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I was a little worried that my box didn't arrive, but checked the status of the DC# and see it made it.

Has anyone heard from Jaye lately?

Label/Receipt Number: 0307 0020 0004 7460 8003

Your item was delivered at 1:44 PM on August 30, 2007 in ********.

Deb

• klickitat
    16 years ago

paya... you're awesome! I was so excited to receive your package! All the plants and seeds will work SO well in my garden!

Who wants to see the goodies?

{{gwi:1294035}}
    {{gwi:1294036}}

{{gwi:1294037}}

• wynative
    16 years ago

Melinda,

My box arrived! The plants are in GREAT shape and HUGE!! Thanks so much for sending such a lovely box.

Marie

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Hi there ....
    Seems like everyone is enjoying their boxes!

Sorry Deb for not posting sooner....went away for a few days. All arrived healthy and happy! Thank you sooo much for all the extra's....I will enjoy everything....followed your instructions for the AV's...wish me luck...LOL!
    Everything is totally awesome....You pack a GREAT box!!

Hope we all can do this again....

Jaye/takingroot

P.S.

Still waiting on an addy to send my box out...kalena67
    I haven't received your address on where to send....don't want you to think I have forgotten....

Thanks!

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi Takingroot! I re-sent my addy to you just a second ago, so if you see this and do not have it, let me know. I don't know if I sent the first one via gardenweb or what, but hopefully you will receive this one. Sorry for holding you up!! Karen

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Hermit your box finally got mailed today, it took me awhile to get your addy. hugs carol

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Glad you received your box, Marie! Was worried about you getting it. Didn't realize it was labor day weekend and thought it would be there on Friday! Hope everything in it was ok and good! Thanks, Melinda

• hermitonthehill
    16 years ago

No problem Veeja/Carol... will give me something to look forward to outside of my funk. Abaddon (Rottie) had a horrible holiday-weekend and I "had" to have him PTS on Monday morning/Labor Day so I have thus far spent the week bawling, wallowing, and being generally miserable (emotionally) to the point of just feeling like roadkill looks physically...I'd throw up if I'd been eating. What a sucky week/month this far. I'm sure upon receipt it will be the absolute highlight of my week or month.

Hermit

• TakingRoot
    16 years ago

Karen,

I checked my emails and I didn't see anything....Are you going thru GW or directly to me? Don't know what's going on but please try it again and I will do the same, then maybe you can bounce it back.

Thanks,
    TakingRoot

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi Jaye, I replied to your email, and sent another to your yahoo address. Hopefully one of them will go through! lol
    Karen/kalena67

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Just checking.....

Are Kalena67 & I the only ones that HAVEN'T received a box
    yet? I believe everyone else has received theirs, right?

We haven't heard from Vela in a while, so I do hope every thing is OK with her.

Other than that, I think we're almost ready to wrap things up with this swap!! It's been alot of fun, girls!! :O)

• Melinda Hagen
    16 years ago

Wow! I got another box yesterday from Alana! It had a patriot hosta and a bonus elegant candy daylily!! Yeah! I am thrilled with the plants you sent! They are all doing great-we finally got a little rain!! I hadn't even missed the hosta being out of the box! But I do appreciate you sending! Thanks, Melinda

• wynative
    16 years ago

Melinda,

Just have to let you know that all the plants you sent are really doing well! Nobody is drooping at all :)

Thanks again!

• klickitat
    16 years ago

rockyridge... have you received my box? I have to dig out the delivery confirmation to check it's travels. Hopefully it reached you safely.

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

Hi Jaye!
    Got your email! I just sent you 3, one through gw, one was a reply to your email with my incredi-mail, and one through my main isp email acct. Hopefully one will make it to ya!! Let me know. If this doesn't work, I'll have to try going through someone else (which won't be a problem)
    Karen