Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tastefullyjulie

NEW: Garden Extras Extravaganza Swap

tastefullyjulie
17 years ago

Ok, getting a little crazy because I can't wait for school to start!!! So I was sitting here thinking about a new swap. Anyone have too many of some plants that you'd like to trade for something new? I know I do.

I was thinking each person will send a minimum of 6 decent sized divisions of plants from their garden. Send more if you want to. Post here if you're interested. I'll have everyone email me the list of what divisions they have to send so that when I pair you up I don't pair you with someone who is going to send you the same stuff you're trying to get rid of!

Deadline for signups is September 12th.... that is, if anyone is interested.

Don't sign up if you're not going to send, PLEASE.

Comments (21)

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Love it! Love it! Love it! Count me in. You are a DOLL for hosting this!

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Oh I would love to sign up for this one. I was just outside today thinking...Man I really need to divide this stuff....What a perfect swap. I'm in for sure!

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

I would love to be included. Thanks, Amy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I would love to be included too... I have lots of stuff that needs to be divided, and this will make me do it!

Thanks for hosting!

Deb

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Hi,
    I would love to join in too...
    shirley

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

I would like to join too...Susan/giverny

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

WOO HOO!

I'm so excited at the responses so far. We'll definitely be doing it. Please start emailing me your lists of what you have to send so that I can match everyone up when it's time to start.

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Yes, I am in!!!

Lime

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

So far I have an email from limequila only. From everyone else I'll still need an email listing which plants you'll be able to swap. Also include your address and gardenweb username. Thanks!

• scouttiegirl
    17 years ago

Hi Julie, I will get an email to you tonight or tomorrow of what i will have. It has been raining for days here, and haven't had a chance to actually go out and see what I will have. Should we also send a list of some wants to make it easier to match up?
    Hope everyone is enjoying their Holiday weekend~Heather

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for those lists everyone, keep 'em coming.

One thing I didn't point out at the beginning but I thought we would swap perennials. I know for sure that I don't want any more annuals. I am going to attempt overwintering a few for the very first time but I'm not optimistic. I suppose it all boils down to zone, etc. I will consider this when I partner you. I will also give you each your partners info to contact each other. That way you can let them know individually what kinds of plants you prefer.

Sound good?

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

It's been raining here for days too. I'll make my list today and email it ASAP.

Deb

• limequilla
    17 years ago

I would think this swap would be more popular...I wonder if readers know it's a direct-to-the-gardener-swap for all those extra perennial plants one has growing in one's garden from the subject line.

Where are all the wintersower people who have a jillion babies that have a full season of growth?

And I thought posting would move it up a little higher on the page :)

Lime

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Oh Count me in on this one.I have so many nice perennials that aren't quite suited for my zone.I sure would like to send them to a new home where they could thrive instead of dying off like they would here.I will send you an email later this evening with my available plants,shipping info and any other info you need. Thanks for hosting this! Marvelous idea!Nancy

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

tastefullyjulie,I emailed my list of haves to you tonight.Please let me know if you received it?This is going to be alot of fun!!Thanks! Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

Can newbies get in on this swap? I would love to join in. I have lots of garden extras rght now.
    micke

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No problem with newbies as long as you absolutely promise to fulfill on your end. I hate to have to even stress it but it seems there's been a lot of deadbeat traders lately :(

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

BUMP!!!

• micke
    17 years ago

Great! I will send you a e-mail. thank you so much!
    micke

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow, almost the 12th already. Time flies!

Here's who we have playing so far:

**kayemell
    debbya
    amybabyboy3
    scouttiegirl
    rosebud2050
    *giverny4me
    cedarnest
    limequilla
    micke

If there's a ** next to your name I still need your list and address. If there's just one * next to your name then I need your address :)

• tastefullyjulie
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, we only need one more set of info and then I'll pair up. The good news is, most of us have different things so it'll be easy to match from that point of view. The bad news is, most of us don't have each other's wants either so I'll do the best I can taking zone into consideration. I'll hopefully post partners tonight...