Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

update: update mirth in the manure pile no.10!!!

tracyvine
16 years ago

Hey there ladies! Can you believe it we are on number 10!

Comments (149)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ummmm.....With or without feathers???

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bunny; Adora sounds so much like emma. She loves the brush, my nail polish, lipstick, dollies, dress up, she is constantly ripping off clothes and getting into the laundry basket if I leave it out with her clean clothes and switching outfits! Rrrr. More laundry. We have been shocked at how girlie she is considering the 4 brothers she has. Everyone expected her to be a tomboy!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Melissa,
    lol sounds like my kind of girlie lol a tomboy lol but can't say I wouldn't want a lil prissy girl either! So you have both! Cant wait for grand-daughters cause I am not going to have any more kids lol but I sooo want one of each!!!!

LOL Tracy that is soo true, lol, I got to do that about the water hose but he still growled at me while I laughed, sheesh it must be hard to put up with me sometimes lol. NAH hes just a grouchy going through pms lmao!!!

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I can't believe he would ever growl at you! LOL! Don't you just smile and bat your eyes and he says "Oh sure, Darlin! Anything for my lil' pixie princess!" ROFL!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alright, I am off to bed. The gang had a sleep over last night and I am whipped. Late night with crazy little boogers hootin and a hollerin!

Sweet Dreams, All!

Snore,
    Tracy

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

omg my tummy hurts from laughin soo hard lmao, I like the way you think Tracy lmao. lmao

He lmao can growl all he wants but he's the one that stomped round like someone steppin on tacks right??? lmao
    lmao the Pix isn't going to let him live that one down regardless of how much he growls lmao.

Pixie lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Niters Tracy, not too far behind ya so keep the pillows fluffed lol.

Melissa I just emailed ya

Ya'll have good dreams, I m off to ma pillows too.
    I'll talk to ya'll tomorrows, be safe, sleep good and have wonderful dreams.

Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It's all fluffed and ready for ya. Jump on in. Don't worry, I'll give Ed a shove if he starts to snore too bad! LMAO!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Niteynight!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay...well, as far as I can tell, Pixie's "Running Nakie with the Rabid Skunk & Scaredy-Cat Hubby" story is the winner. :O)
    I'll be mailing out your prize on Wednesday, Pixie!! :O)

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I'm a vegan, what on earth would I do with a few dozen chickens??? I guess I could make hubby lemon pepper roasted chicken weekly till xmas..., I think I'll just stick to animal-shaped cookies.

Oh, have you thought about offering a splenda version of your cookies (just swap it out 1 for 1 as you would normal sugar), plenty of people are reducing carbs, or have diabeties issues and are looking for sugar free desserts that's are pretty as well as healthier. Note: you can NOT use splenda to make candies, the crystalizing point is lower than real sugar (screwed up a batch of splenda "toffee" that way)

You can buy huge 25 lb bags of flour and sugar at sam's club/costco for a few bucks, instead of fiddling with 5 & 10 LB bags from the market.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

My gosh, Fishy! You are just FULL of ideas!!! The flour and sugar is a wonderful idea!!! We used to have a Sam's Club membership, but didn't renew it, as we never went. But, maybe we'll have to change that. I will have to try using Splenda in the baked goods. We use Splenda a lot around here, but I haven't tried it in my bakings. I'll have to play around with that a bit! Thanks for the idea!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

if ya do we use less in ours, it like 3/4 i think. on splenda! hi everyone, mom is back on the road so i get to visit and hubby let me on the pc for a few min. mine is wayyyy to slow. so i get to say hi and i'm alive. LOL have made it another week with the kids, mom took them for two days and i got to sleep in, ahhh the something or another of sleeping in, till 12:30 in the afternoon, then i felt wierd! LOL but now we have to go out and mow befor it gets to hot out! and tabor and i but mostly him put the cielilng fan in last night works great, but then we found out we had to use some kinda special lightbulbs, small things.

{{gwi:1294651}}

{{gwi:1294652}}

{{gwi:1294653}}

and of course i don't know what this beauty is, but it smells good and reblooms! i like that!! LOL

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Ok ya'll I really need perked up. My 6 year old started back to school today. Most people like it when their kids go back to school ,not me. I miss her, but have no patience to homeschool her ,so off to school she goes.
    But the biggest tear jerker for me is my baby will be 1 on the 16th ,so we have started the weaning process. Down to 1 nursing right before bedtime at night.Last baby for us so its really tough knowing my baby days are almost over.Sorry to be a puddle of self pity today.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dirt, you poor thing. I feel your pain. The kids start back up with school on the 22nd. I hate when they go back. This year it will be really strange because Danny will be starting preschool and I will just have emma home with me. I haven't had just one little person home with me in years. She is 2 now, I had to wean the last three kids at 6 months because they kept getting the runs and rashes, stuck them on soy and they were fine. I was terribly sad when they started on bottles full time.

Bunny, I think I forgot to vote, but yes I was going to vote for pixie! Can't seem to get that wild naked woman out of my head, screaming running from the rabid skunk! LOL! Of course every time I vacuum I chuckle and think of you sucking wood! ROFL!

Way to go pixie! Did you ever think your story would earn you a prize? LOL!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ooohhh...Dirt, I know how you feel. I nursed Adora until she was nearly 12 months old, and since she's my last one, it really hurt to stop. But I'm glad we did it as long as we could, our bond is alot stronger because of it, I think.

But still...when it's your last baby, and you go through the weaning...it's like, every milestone the baby reaches is just a reminder that there won't be any more BABIES in the house. Like, when she started crawling, and she didn't want us to hold her anymore. And then with the teeth...now she's graduated to table foods, no more baby foods.

And she's wanting to use the cup all the time now, just like big sister...she'll only use her bottle at sleepy time.

Geeze...what's next...potty training??? Then she really WONT be a baby any more..and I can't stand that thought!! My hubby is trying to rush her, he wants all his kids out of diapers...but I keep saying NO!! I WANT HER TO STAY A BABY FOREVER!!!! :O) lol
    Yep...I think this one's gonna have emotional problems later in life if I'm not careful. lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I am sorry That your babies are growing up Dirt, Tracy, and Melissa. I remember wanting my babies to say babies forever, now they are all taller than I am sheesh!

No never did think that skunk would get anything but blushes for me and laughs. Thank ya'll. I think all the stories were great laughs.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Immm sooo happy!!! I filled my hummer stations yesterday and today have several lil hummers flying around whooohooo! I just love them!! Now I really need my camera!

Smiles and enjoy the day ya'll
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie: Do you have Gaura in your yard? Since I bought 3 of them I am getting hummers galore! I totally crack up when I start watering because the hummers start zig zagging to get out of the flower bed and I am in the way! You should see me, reminds me of a Tom & Jerry cartoon when tom is being chased by the little angry blue bird! Zip, duck, zip, jump left, zip, I yell "Ah"! LOL!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

No I don't have any Gaura, guess I will have to get some if they like it. I can watch them for hours! They remind me of a war movie and they are the bomber planes lol the way they dart at one another lol. lol they are fun lil things thats forsure!

Does anyone know how to seed hibiscus? I have several blooms from this white hibiscus and I don't know how to collect seeds from them lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You can see the pods after the petals drop off. Keep an eye on them and collect them after they have browned out. They may just look yellow and start to drop to the ground. You can dry them in a paper bag to help absorb any moisture. Some people add those silicone packs to aid with this as well. The new plants you get will more than likely not come true to the parent variety because of open pollination.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

How are your balloon flowers coming along? This year I have multiple blooms along the stems. Didn't have near as many blooms last year! I am really happy with how they are doing!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thanks Tracy, I found the seeds lol. I have had several blooms also on the balloon flowers. I have been cleaning my neighbors flower bed, it has several hibiscus' and some easter lilies in it, she told me I could have as much as I wanted so I figured I would clean the beds for her in exchange. Thats where I found the seeds lol. She has several different colors but none white. Its too hot right now to take clippings though so I will wait until this evening to do that, she has some pretty roses also. And several unwanted pecan saplings lol, gonna pull those up for trash. She has two huge pecan trees in front of her house already FULL of pecans. Whoohooo hope the squirrels leave some lol. (she doesn't use pecans so I gather them up and shell them then freeze them in vaccuum bags lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, that is soo nice! You should take pictures and have becki sell them on her site! LOL! Fresh Pecans from the Pecan Pixie! LOL! I would love to come and help! Love the pecans! Yum, I toast them and chop them up and mix in with my chocolate chip cookies! Yum, yum, yum! LOL! My uncle has a pecan tree and it kills everything they plant within 20 feet of it! Bizarre.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Ya like Peppered pecans???? I love them! lol lol, I package them and if there is alot I just give them as gifts lol. lol Too much trouble selling them lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Unfortunately, spicey foods and I no longer get along. I used to like a little zip but the old stomach has been rebelling for the last 17 years! Boo hoo.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I make these for Christmas gifts along with the honey butter. Put them in pretty cellophane bags.

2 T oleo or butter 1 Cup large pecan halves
    2 tsp. soy sauce 1/4 tsp bottled hot pepper
    ( I use Tobasco)

Melt oleo in an 8x8x2 baking pan. Spread pecans in pan. Bake @ 300 degrees for 30 minutes stirring often. Combine soy and pepper sauces; stir into nuts. Spread nuts onto paper towel until cool. Store in jar. Makes 1 cup.

YUMMY YUMMY

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

My tummy is the same, I ate some wolf brand chili last night and have been paying for it all day! Sad thing is I know better!!!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Never had peppered pecans.Have had them cooked in butter with lots of salt. YUM-O! Along with pecan pie, pecan pralines,also in pineapple pecan cream cheese icing for carrot cake.Sweet tooth on the loose now!!!Thanks.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Dirt, now your really making me hungry lol I love any kinds of pecans. Thats really my sweet fall, lol!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ooohh.....Those do sound YUMMY, Pixie!!! I want some!! :O)
    And some of Tracy's cookies, too!! I like my cookies with TONS of everything, the more, the better!! (sometimes, though..on occasion, I do prefer a plain old sugar cookie...but not often!!) I like my ice cream the same way...LOADED! My favorite is Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk or Everything But The.....!!
    Mmmmmm.....Yep, I like a little bit of ice cream with my nuts, chocolate, caramel & marshmellows. LOL

Oh my goodness...I'm gonna have to go to the store now. Gotta get some ice cream, don't have any in the house....Oooohhh!!!! Or to the fruit farm next door...they have cookies the size of dinner plates. I hope they have chocolate chip today, they usually do...I SUPPOSE I can settle for Oatmeal raisin...but I don't really WANT to. lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

LOL Tracy, I did have a sweet craving yesterday so had to go get a dq waffle sundae, that will last me for a long time lol. I would rather have the salty snacks when I get a sweet tooth lol. I guess I just never have been really big on sweet things lol (NOTE... see why I married Fox LMAO!!! j/k). I love to bake sweets just not eat them lol and candy I hardly ever eat lol. I do like Paydays though lol cause they have salt and sweet. lol Weirdo I know lol

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Turtle Sundaes! Vanilla ice cream, Caramel, Hot Fudge, Toasted Buttered Pecans! Oh, thanks bunny! I had forgotten how much I love those until you mentioned ice cream! Groan!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie, I think you may be my long lost twin! ROFL! I had ted go to dq last night for peanut buster parfait's! LOL! Fudge and salted nuts!!!!!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lol Melissa, just noticed that it was you that posted the sweet nothings lol I thought it was Tracy, sorry bout that!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Yeppers Tracy!!! thats what I had on my waffle sundae, along with butterscotch and carmel lol, I had a major craving lol.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There is nothing better than sweet goo and crunchy nuts!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Guess my sweet tooth is gone cause I am hungry for bbq brisket, lol forgot to take it out of the freezer to put on the pit today so it will be tomorrow that we have it lol. (My behonkis is going to really love that lol sheesh I just wish the foods I love didn't hate me soo bad!!!)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Just pulled out some chicken here. I'm going to pound it, bread it and sear it, then finish in the oven. Maybe make a potato casserole with it and some spinach. Need some energy. No grilling for me today, thunderstorms keep rolling through. We got major flash flooding all around us today. All the underpasses and highways got swamped! Cars are stranded all over town, can you say duh! Don't drive through standing water?

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Ya know Tracy, you would think as many times as people have heard that then they would be smart enough to know better! Sheesh it happens here alot! I am really glad its someone else getting the rain finally! I really got tired of it, an afternoon shower daily and heat storms but the past two days have been just sunny and hot. Hopefully it will stay like that for a few more days to let the Fox Lake dry up!!! The very back of my yard holds water bad! Its bad enough with the babies playing in the pond and then wanting to come inside, without them tromping through mud and water then coming in lol sheesh!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am happy to report my lily tigrinum splendens has had babies. I just pulled off my first crop of bulbils from the base of the leaves. I can't believe it. This tiger lily is a lighter orange color with freckles and recurved petals. Very pretty. I got maybe 12 bulbils! Now let's see if I can produce some new little ones! I hear that you can go ahead and plant outdoors but I don't know it there is enough time before the weather changes for them to make it through winter. Any thoughts? Remember, I kill things in pots indoors. Sigh!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Thats great Tracy, I have no clue about day lilys yet though so can't help you much cept for encouragement. Here we have such a mild winter that I just pretty much don't mess with starting things indoors lol. The Lily sounds really pretty though. I am still waiting on the lily that I have up front to bloom, maybe next year eh? The ones I planted out back look really good but not big enough to bloom yet but they are soooo cute!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

We have been pretty starved for rain. We have been going for weeks with nothing and then get these gully washers. Too much too fast for the ground to soak up so the sewers get backed up. We have a bit of a lake in the gravel driveway around the back of the house. 4 inches up on the tires of Ed's truck. The real swamp is back by the apple trees. I bet it is 8" deep back there. Nothing but mud in the pine forest.

I was a little worried that the new flower bed was going to get washed out for as hard as it came down. Luckily, I think the plants had enough time to set roots and hold on to the dirt! LOL! They were clinging on for dear life today!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

This evening when it cools down I am going to go work on my new bed by the side of the house in the front. We live on old rice patties though so the ground is mostly clay, means lots of work and compost and manure, and soil lol but thats ok, I am seeing the finished picture and it looks good lol. Fox wants to get rid of the Azela (sp) bush that is in the front but its a very old one, not the miniture and it blooms sooo pretty in the spring and fall so I keep telling him no that we will work around it and keep it there. Its really pretty.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

These are asiatic lilies. They are a different species from the daylily family. Totally new to me this year. I inherited them with the house we bought and finally decided to do something with them. They are all in bad spots in the yard so I have been trying to educate myself. These bulbils are like seeds and are supposed to be true to the parent. We'll see.

I never did much with the daylilies either until this year too. Same story as the asiatics. But much easier to get more of them as we can just dig and divide them when they get bushy! LOL! Would you like me to send along one of the Final Touch daylilies along with the balloons when they are ready? These are bicolored light pink and a dusty maroon/rose color. I already divided these so they will be easy to pop out and send.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

saw this and thought of you Bunny.

And had to post this one lol, Kisses!!!

Of course.... ma babies rough housing lol

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

That would be great Tracy, I would love that!!!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I have learned soo much since I started coming here, its amazing! I love it!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tell me about it! LOL! I didn't know there were different kinds of lilies, daylilies, etc, etc, etc! When I was getting my shade garden ready I asked all the girls what would some good ideas be and man didn't they come up with some good plants! All I knew before were hosta and ferns! Now I have a huge area full of good stuff! Love it!

Diene has been a big help with learning about much of the lily stuff. She did a great job of pointing me in the right direction!

Love the puppy's picture! Reminds me of Jack and Emma playing on the couch last night. They were just being silly and then all of a sudden Jack reached over and snuggled emma up on his chest. I melted! I love it when they're nice!

I will send that along with the balloonies, then! Whee, more flowers for the pixie chick!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Im really excited now. I will have to find something that you want that I have and send some. lol. Ya know some of the plants that I love so much don't do well here, thats when I wished I lived in a cooler climate.