Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Daylily SWAP

Posted by jennid (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 7, 07 at 14:38

This is a sign up for the UNNAMED Daylilies SWAP. Everyone I know NO matter how hard they try end up with a flower or two that either lost its name or by an act of mother nature ends up with a not so perfect linage.. So lets find these little "Orphans a new home. Who knows what treasures we might find. You can send as many as you want but must send at least 3. Let your Partner know what color if you can. NO ditch lilies unless that it is agree upon by partner.

Lets have fun!
jennid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Daylily SWAP

hello
I would like to sign up.
is this a partner swap?
I have several unnamed, well they were named at one point, but now they are not.
we will be out of town till aug. 29th so would it be ok if I ship and receve a little late, I would not want them to get here wial I'm gone, and it takes me several days after a trip to get everything back in order (laundry, mowing, weeding, cat boxes, and shopping).
thanks michelle

o

Yes it will be partners. Congrates you are the first to join. I don't have a problem with your shipping date. We will work it out with your partner. Hopefully alot will join us. thank you jennid

o

I would love to join this; but right now I'm in too many other swaps. I'll be hard pressed to fullfil my obligations for them. Sorry! Maybe next time.

Roxanne

o

Hi, Jennid! Thanks for emailing me to let me know the swap is on! I would love to join! I have no problem shipping late or receiving late either. The kiddos will be heading back to school soon so it will be mayhem on a daily basis for a while until they settle back into the homework routine.

o

Oh, I am REALLY wishing my daughter hadn't destroyed my daylily bed last month!! :O) I would have LOVED to be able to join this one. I only have the 5 daylilies I received in another swap, and those aren't ready to divide for awhile yet.
Hmmm...Maybe next time. :O) I'll look forward to it! :O)

o

Sign me up, please, Jennid. I've got lost tag daylilies of all colors & I agree with you that this could be great FUN!
Marea

o

oooo I would love to be included Jennid.Those wascally skwillels played an evil trick on me and took a bunch of my markers from a few of my beds so I will have quite a few to share : )

Nancy

o

Nancy the squirrel here actually plant there own garden.I have a big walnut tree in the back yard that has Iris and daylilies planted under it. I guess they wanted their house to look nice too. I wish they would take the markers if they were going to take and bulbs, but alass they do not seem to care about the names. They stoled an entire flat of snap dragons this year. I planted them in the front yard in the morning and by evening they were under the tree. One of them even chattered at me when I tried to get some back. Which the grandkids thought was very funny.

o
The yard of bunnies here.

The bunnies are really making themselves at home in my rock garden this year. Everytime I water the hydrangea in the center of the rock ring one jumps out of there and runs for her life! Scares the heart out of me every time, too! There is another one that grazes in the lawn and munches down the clover. I walk up and he just looks at me for a minute and then he goes right back to munching away. He has eaten a substantial amount of hosta this year. I have at least 1 leaf on every hosta that looks like it has been buzzed straight across. Little devils.

o

Jenni's given me permission to ask you participants if it's okay if my daylilies are named... I have a healthy thriving batch of bright lemon-yellow Happy Returns that put on a good show this summer and are putting out more greens for the fall bloom; I would be happy to send more than 3 to make up for the common-ness. I understand if nobody's interested (as in, everybody on the Daylily Exchanges forum must already have them I guess, and they *are* hardy). Just thought I'd ask. I'm just trying to find some red or purple DLs to go with them, don't need names. Just let me know if I can be included in the swap. If so, please count me in. I'm new to plant swaps, but have a good rep in seed trades. Thanks in advance for considering.
Terri :-)

o

Terri, I vote yes. ~ marea

o

Terri was the 4th request for trading named day lilies for no name, I personally think an orphan is an orphan. But I am new here. Please send me an email before the 18th. with Addresses so I can make a final list and match everyone up. Thank you.
Jennid

o

Hi everyone. I personally don't mind if they are named. I have a fairly good idea that mine are final touch, and sammy russel(id'd on the dl forum by other members and then I looked them up and the info matched my dl's characteristics). The third is also a yellow, I did find a name for it but can't remember off the top of my head. I consider all unnamed because I can't be completely sure of the variety as I am completely new to dl's.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sammy Russel

Final Touch

How many fans are we sending of each dl?

Tracy

o

Hello everyone. Hope you are having a great weekend. Tracy you only have to send 3 total, but can send as many as you like. Thanks everyone.
Jennid

o

hello
I don't mind named eather, I think I will be able to send 5 or 6 diffrent daylilys. I'm realy looking for some purples.
and I sent my address, let me know if you don't get it
michelle

o

Sadly I do only have the three types but I will send multiple fans of each to whomever gets paired up with me. If someone just wants more of one than the others I will be happy to accomodate! The ones pictured above are what I have to share.

Tracy

o

Michelle got you address, Thank you, Traci Don't worry about only having 3 types, hopefully you will have more when this is over, Have a great day Jen .

o

Thanks so much! Like I said I will be happy to send more of one than the other to my partner. I am looking forward to getting more daylilies!!! You all have a great day too!
Tracy

o

jennid, I emailed my address on the 11th. Please let me know if you didn't get it by now. Looking forward to hearing from you. Tracy, holy smokes you're giving me an inferiority complex here, lol. ;-) I have *one* whole type of daylily.... unless you count the lost-tagged ones I bought last fall from a local nursery on deep discount which I promptly severely divided and which did not bloom this year (is that normal?). I never paid attention to plants much before this year. If that *is* normal and they count, I can include some of those in the box, too - that'd be nice! Somebody please let me know about that? Thanks!
Terri

o
roflol

Hi Terri, I think Michelle has more experience with them than I do. This is the first year I divided them or paid any attention to them at all for that matter. We've been here 3 years and I have been working on the rock garden, then made a shade garden. Finally got around to salvaging and trying to identify the lilies and dl's. All have bloomed this year. I know that they won't bloom if they are not divided occasionally. I might ask that one on the dl forum, I really am clueless. Thanks for the nice comments!

o

Roflol I did not get your email. with your address. Please resent. I guess tomorrow is the big day. Can't wait . And also if you divide to soon They do not always bloom, or so I am told. I have the problem of not dividing soon enough. I to have neglected my garden at time. Now I have the empty nest sydrome so all I have to do is play with flowers.

o

Is it 3 different kinds, or 3 fans? I just received 5 fans of an unknown pink as extras, and I don't have room to plant more than a couple of them. If someone wouldn't mind getting 3 of the same kind, I'd love to join.

Sorry I have nothing better to offer - I've just started out this year. Hopefully next year I'll be able to do much better.

Just let me know if this would be okay or not. Thanks!

o

jennid, I've re-sent my address today (twice, removed the "re:" in the subject line the second time in case AOL's mail is purging it for that). Please let me know if it doesn't come through.

o

Hi Redsnowflake! 3 Fans is right. I don't mind 3 of one color, especially pink. I do love the pinks! Please join us, we would love to have you!

Tracy

o

Then count me in! And thank you for being understanding of the position of a newbie. Much appreciated. :)

o

Welcome! The more the merrier!

o

rolf got your email. Tracy I agree with you. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I am going to let this go until tomorrow. And match up everyone tomorrow evening. Tracy how to you garden,everywhere I look there you are. LOL. just teasing. I can't wait to get started. I have only been here a month and it is a blast. Wish I had found sooner.

o

Jennid, It is craziness, but I am super social in the evenings on these forums! Can't help myself. Since I found GW with so many super gardeners to chat with I can't shut myself up. This place is way too much fun. I check in, type, go weed, come back, type, plant something, come back, type, clean a bathroom. Ridiculous! I am addicted to GW! This is what happens to people who have small children and find other adults to talk to online! LOL!

o

So here we are the six of us.
the partners are
Tracyvine/Redsnowflake
Jennid/ Micyrey
Mareas/ Rofl
Hope everyone enjoys there new daylilies
Please post tracking numbers here when shipped.
Also if you will let us know when you get your that would be great. Thanks everybody for joining.
Hopefully we can do this again next year.

o

Thanks Jennid! I have sent you an email, roflol. ~marea

o

Thanks Jen! This was a great idea! I will be back for next year too!
Tracy

o

Here's hoping I didn't ship too soon heat-wise, but marea your delivery confirmation number is:

0307 0020 0001 4938 1606

How soon do these things show up for online tracking? My receipt is timestamped 2:52pm central time and it's now 5:08pm central, but it's still not showing up. The clerk said it was entered in the system as soon as she printed up the ticket, but I realize it's not instantaneous. Just wondering.

Thanks for arranging this, Jen!

Terri
(rofLoL)
;-)

o
Redsnowflake

Hi Amanda! Your Daylilies have shipped!
confirmation# 0103 8555 7491 5257 2452

Happy Planting!

o

Oh thank you for shipping so FAST, Terri! The conf.# now shows the pkg was accepted for shipment at 2:50 yesterday...
It is pouring rain here so hopefully I can get your goodies in the mail tomorrow!
Isn't this FUN? marea

o

Tracy - your daylilies went out today as well. I hated only being able to send three small fans of one kind, so I included some gladiolus bulbs also. I hope you like them!

Confirmation #0306 3030 0000 7562 0571

o

Hi Amanda! Thanks so much for the extras! That was very sweet of you. I sent 2 of the pink bi-tones(Final Touch) and 2 large rooted clusters of the "Sammy Russell?". They are both mid summer bloomers.I hope that you like them. The pink bi-tone had been divided earlier this summer and have had a chance to sprout new fans. The other I divided as I was packaging so it is only showing the old growth.

Tracy

o

Don't rush on my account, marea. My kids start school Thursday, and I wanted to be sure I had this taken care of before the chaos began... I tend to forget things on the back burner, sometimes literally. ;-) Yes, this is fun!

o

And taken care of it is, Terri! My box arrived already today!!
I received:
6 fans of 'Happy Returns'
2 nice fans with "Mystery Daylily" labels attached
Fortnight Lily seedlings & seeds as well as Lavender & Hosta seeds! All arrived in good shape ~ thank you so much!

Will post conf. # after my trip to the PO
marea

o

(breathing a sigh of relief that they got there all right!)

Thanks for the update, Marea! I'm so glad they made it, and I hope they please you. The seeds were based on your exchange page wanteds list... wish I had the OBL hosta plant to send but I got those seeds from a trade and figured maybe you could get something resembling OBL to grow. :-)

One of the mystery DL's I discovered apparently *had* bloomed at some point, probably during our 2-week vacation, so at least I know it'll probably bloom for you next year! Hope it's a good 'un! Those HRs sure are puny compared to the ground-grown DLs, but incredibly there's a bloom at the edge of the container today, and I had pulled early-season stalks from the fans I sent you so don't let their size fool you... I sure do hope the swap turns out to be worth your while.

Just getting the box together made me happy. :-) I'm going to have to do this more often when I have more stuff to share!

o

Just getting the box made ME happy LOL! I'm delighted with my plants!!
Your box was mailed yesterday, Terri/roflol.
Confirmation # 0479 8072 3360 0103 7907

o

Tracy - received the daylilies today. They faired the trip just fine and look great. I got two of them in the ground earlier and hope to get the other two planted before dark. Thanks for trading!!!

o

Amanda, I am glad that you got them so quick and that they arrived in good shape. Way to go on the planting! I got yours yesterday too, thank you! I would have posted but we had a power outage last night! Again! One question, what are the glad bulbs colors? Thank you for trading with me.

Tracy

o
Look out, I'm doin' a happy dance.... !

Yowza!!! Got my box today, and I am truly doing a happy dance - thank you so much, Marea!

I got three mystery daylilies that I'll be excited to see what they come up to be, plus a fat clump of Purple D'Oros that will look great with my Happy Returns, and a nice batch of Autumn Red fans that have satisfied my lust for the reds. I am so very pleased! Thanks again, Marea.

Jennid, thanks again for getting this swap together, girlfriend! :-D

Terri (still doing the happy dance)

o

Typing with a big grin, I'm delighted you like your box, Terri!

Hope you are just as happy with your swap, Jennid! Thanks again for a fun swap!!
Marea

o

hello
we are back in town, I will be able to send hopfully by wed.
I'll let you know for sure
and I need your address
thanks
michelle

o

Tracy - glad you received yours. It's a good thing I planted the ones you sent Thursday, because I had my son Friday morning at 3:40 AM!!! :)))

Anyway - the gladiolus are supposed to be a mixture of pastels. I say supposed to be because I bought them at Wally World and never have figured out where to plant them. Hope you like them and the daylilies! :)

o

Oh my heavens, Amanda! Now THAT is gardening dedication!! Congratulations on your daylily induced baby boy!!!

o

Amanda! CONGRATULATIONS! That is great news! Now I will have to put a warning label on my dl's "may induce labor to pregnant women!" LOL!

I hope you are feeling well. What is your little Boy's name? Post some pics for all of us to ooooh and aaaah over!

o

hello
I still have not receved an address to send to, so I did not dig the lilies. I will be too buisy to dig, box, and ship them tomarrow.
so if I get you address this week I will send them next week.
michelle

o

Congrats, Amanda and family, and...

Welcome home, little one! :-)

o

Thank you for all the kind words. Without further ado, presenting... Baby David:

On his birthday:

With proud papa:

With even prouder big brother:

At 4 days old:

I woke up Friday morning at about 1:55 AM to strong contractions that were about 3-4 minutes apart. I woke up DH at about 2:20 and we got our oldest up and headed out to the hospital (after quickly filling out a book order for my oldest that was due at his school Friday). Got there at 2:55 AM. I was already at 9cm dilated and 100% effaced. David was ready to make his debut. They got me in a room and he was born at 3:40 AM - about 5 minutes after my water broke - leaving me no time for an epidural. Ouch! LOL - but it was so much more than worth it. He's such a sweet angel - just like his big brother. I am so blessed!!! =D

o

Oh Amanda, He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! He is such a sweet little baby. I'm gonna cry! Daddy and big brother look so happy with him. Wow. I love that picture of him with that teeny little smile on his lips. That was SOME delivery lady! My hat is off to you! I have had 5 babies and only one without the epideral. Ouchie is right! Congratulations to you and the whole family!

o

He's a handsome boy, Amanda, seems to run in the family - and big brother and dad look so proud! Of my four deliveries, one was with an epidural that wore off too soon, and all I could think of was "bowling ball". lol. Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures. :-)

o

Thank you Amanda - wonderful photos!! That 4 day old portrait of David is so incredible - invokes tears of joy. Seeing Daddy's smile, I see where he gets it... I'm so happy for all 4 of you!! Thanks for sharing!

o

Just popping in from the Traveling Daylilies thread to offer my congratulations to Amanda!

A little bird (by the name of Marea) mentioned something about beautiful, new baby photo's and I HAD to sneak over and see. ; ) David is just perfect! I must agree..that 4 day old pic is breathtaking! He looks alot like his proud papa. : )

Your "stork story" is just great! Amazing what Daylilies can do.

From one new mom to another...congratulations and best of luck with that precious little boy!

~Dawn (mamabirrd), mom to Talon James, born 05-22-07

o

Thank you very much to everyone for the kind words. We are all still on cloud nine around here. Would write more, but I am being beckoned even as I type. (^_^)

o

Ahhh Amanda, David is such a little darling. I just know your going to have your hands full taking care of him.

And to think your still finding time to garden and plant things. You must be one heck of a woman. I was in the bed a month before and a month after having my babies. Hugs and kisses all the way around to your family. Thanks for sending me the link. (grin) I would have never found it.

Best Regards,
Marian

o

Jennid ~ been checking in to see what you & Michelle received in your swaps, hope you are OK...

Terri, all the days you sent me have settled right in & are growing new leaves already & wanted you to know you did GOOD! *grin*

o

hello
I posted when I got back from our trip for jennid to send me her address so we can send our lilies, but I have not receved a reply. I figured she got to buisy to swap.
I'm still willing to trade if she wants to but there have not been any posts from her for a wile.
michelle

o

Hi Michelle, I sent her an email too. She seems to have vanished. I was waiting to hear from her for another swap since we lost our hostess on that one I took over and need her addy as well. Hopefully she will check in soon so we can start our exchange. Hope she is ok!

Tracy

o

Hey everyone - our Jennid was NOT OK! She & I were both in the named Iris swap as well & her partner in that swap just posted that Jennid was in the hospital!!
She is out now, but still bedridden and she had her husband dig & send her irises to send to her partner...

Get well soon Jennid !!

o
Thank you for letting us know!

Mareas, I am so glad you told us. Poor Jennid! Lots of prayers for you! Please feel better soon!

o

hello
I will be whishing you all best, and pray for you to get feeling better soon.
if you can, please have another daylily swap next year and I should have lots to trade.
**HUGGS**
michelle

o

Jennid - I wish you a speedy and full recovery. You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here