Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lil_green_thumb

NEW: Houseplant Swap #4

lil_green_thumb
16 years ago

I love houseplant swaps!! I do need updated wants/have lists emailed to me this month!

(next year we will start in April if weather is permitting!

Going to try to hold this swap until October or November!)

A FEW RULES AND GUIDELINES TO KEEP IT FAIR FOR ALL SWAPPERS!!

--Signups until September 12th. Partners assigned no later than September 13th. Boxes to be sent out by end of the month so we can get started on the next month's sign-ups!

--You must send at least 4 cuttings or small plants. They must be in good condition. Cuttings DO NOT have to be rooted to send. You may send 2 African Violet leaves and this will count as ONE of your four. ( I just do not see it being fair to send your partner 4 AV Leaves and call that your send). You may send more if you like. Please try to send at least one of something from your partners wish list.

--Send with Delivery Confirmation. This is a REQUIREMENT so we can track the boxes and make sure it is not left sitting in a Postal Truck or Post Office somewhere.

--Priority Mail not a requirement but nice because of the heat. It is up to the sender. If mailed first class on a Saturday morning it will usually arrive by Monday and is a little cheaper for just a few plants or cuttings.

--Post here with Delivery Confirmation number when you send your box so your partner knows it is coming. This helps alot since it is summer and the heat is horrible almost everywhere. If you are going to be late sending the box please let me and your partner know so arrangements can be made if needed!

--Packing is to be done well to protect the plants. Be sure to rinse off the dirt. Wrap the roots in wet/damp newspaper. Then in little sandwich baggie if needed to keep the roots and newspaper damp during shipping. Wrap cuttings in damp newspaper also.

--THE PLANTS MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH AT LEAST THE COMMON NAME.

-- YOU WILL RECEIVE AT LEAST 4 SMALL PLANTS OR CUTTINGS. IF FOR SOME REASON YOU GET NONE OR LESS THAN 4 PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW.

--I TRY TO MATCH EVERYONE WITH SOMEONE THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF YOUR WANTS. BUT THIS IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO POT WHAT YOU DO NOT WANT AND SHARE IN THE NEXT MONTH'S SWAP. BUT IT MUST BE POTTED AND TAKEN CARE OF NOT LEFT TO DRY OUT.

--Post here if you want to join and send me an email directly (not thru GW because I don't get those for some reason) let me know your GW NAME, REAL NAME, ADDRESS, WHAT YOU HAVE TO TRADE, WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE. NO DELIVERIES TO POST OFFICE BOXES PLEASE! Sometimes this causes problems and delays in recieving plants and the extra time in a box can result in the plants dying.

~Kimberly

Comments (54)

• galium
    16 years ago

I'll sign up again.......Can't have enough of those house plants.
    Mariann

• georgette77
    16 years ago

New to this, but willing to give it a try....

Sending an email.

• micke
    16 years ago

I would like to join if it is not too late?
    michelle

• lindamcgoo
    16 years ago

I woul like to do a houesplant swap sounds like fun
    lindamcgoo
    Linda

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Sign me up too!

Deb

• leggacy
    16 years ago

Is it too late to sign up for this?

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Kimberly,I would love to be in again this month please.They are alot of fun : )I will email you my updated list tomorrow
    Nancy

• tidewaterlilly
    16 years ago

Am I too late? thanks, vickie

• Kathy Johnson
    16 years ago

I am not looking to sign up for this swap because I'm trying to cut back on some of the plants I'm going to have to bring inside around the end of October. However, if any of the folks who sign up for your swap are interested, I have some houseplants I will need to get rid of so I don't have to find room for inside. Right now, everything's outside under a holly tree. These are common so just let me know - aloe vera, silver squill, devil's backbone, maybe sanseveria 'Hahnaii'

• galium
    16 years ago

bump.....

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi all - hope all is well.
    With life getting in the way.....a few changes on the dates this month...... boxes mailed out by the 11th of October
    Partners are going to be assigned SATURDAY. so if i havent gotten your info sheet please with haves wants and mailing addy please send it tot the above address. (not thru GW mail because sometimes AOL eats it lol)
    if nothing is beside your name i do not need anything further from you.
    kyle - check lowes for cornplants - i found one for $2 on clearance!

Players So Far:
    Kyle
    Marianne
    Georgette ( need info )
    Michelle ( need addy )
    Linda
    Deb
    Nancy (updated info if ya want - not needed)
    i have emails from the following people
    Nikki - need your GW Name and mailing addy

leggacy and vickie - email me your info - if i have it by saturday noon i will add you to this month.

• nikkicasarez
    16 years ago

I'm sorry im new to the site my gw name is nikkicasarez I think if you can't find me let me know I e-mailed my add to you.

• micke
    16 years ago

Sent you my addy, let me know if you didn't get it:)
    michelle

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

NIKKI - got an email on 9/16 with your haves and wants. no addy for you in my inbox please resend.
    MICHELLE - got it thanks!

was hard to match everyone this month!
    hopefully each of you will get one of your wants!

PARTNERS
    YOU ALL SHOULD GET AN EMAIL WITH PARTNERS INFO AND ADDYS SOON.

KIM SENDS TO NIKKI
    NIKKI SENDS TO LISSA
    LISSA SENDS TO LINDA
    LINDA SENDS TO MARIANN
    MARIANN SENDS TO DEB
    DEB SENDS TO MICHELLE
    MICHELLE SENDS TO KYLE
    KYLE SENDS TO NANCY
    NANCY SENDS TO KIM

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL THROUGH GW.
    HOPE YOU GOT IT!

• tidewaterlilly
    16 years ago

tried to e-mail several times with no luck , thanks, vickie

• galium
    16 years ago

Deb-Your plants went in the mail this morning.

DC# 0103 8555 7492 4078 5993

Enjoy,
    Mariann

• skohler
    16 years ago

Kim seems that my emails to you have been coming back so I must have something wrong.
    would you please email me this week about a trade between you & one of our other new members of the obf group . would like to get the swap taken care of .

others say they cannot get a responce from you either.
    would like to know whats wrong . please let me know ok .
    thank you
    susie

• lindamcgoo
    16 years ago

mariann your plants went in mail this eveing

DC#0305 2710 0001 4874 5333

Have fun
    Linda
    lindamcgoo

• galium
    16 years ago

I received houseplants from Linda today.

Monstera
    Variegated Peperomia
    Calathea 'Medallion
    Begonia 'Escargo'

Thanks so much Linda for the wonderful plants.
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

My box from Mariann arrived!

"Marble Queen" Epipremnum Aureum
    Epipremnum Aureum Pothos
    Night Blooming Cerus
    Night Blooming Jasmine

Seeds- Asparagus fern

Thank you so much Mariann! Sorry for the delay in posting!

Deb

• auntlissa
    16 years ago

Linda,

Your package is going out tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it.

Lissa

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ladies due to family issues this will be the last houseplant swap of this year. I hope to host another next spring.

My box will go out later this week. My daughter will be sending it. and she will post the DC# then

• nikkicasarez
    16 years ago

MELISSA FLEACHER I SENT YOUR BOX TODAY YOUR DC# IS 0306-0320-0005-3112-2976 LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GET IT.FROM NIKKI

• lindamcgoo
    16 years ago

I recived house plants from Lissa today
    china doll
    patio maple
    AV Kentucky
    peace lily
    pothos var
    potho goldens
    pegrant onion
    spider varigated plants
    creeping charley
    Thanks I really will enjoy them
    Linda

• galium
    16 years ago

Kimberly-Take care of yourself see you next spring.
    Mariann

• auntlissa
    16 years ago

Nikki,

I received the box yesterday:

Swedish Ivy
    Wandering Jew
    Burro's Tail
    coleus?

Kim, thanks for hosting!!!!

Thanks!
    Lissa

• darkruler
    16 years ago

has the person i traded with received there box yet.i dont see that you have posted yet.in the rush to get the package out i forgot to put a tracking number on it.hope everything arrived ok

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Kyle,Yes the box was waiting for me yesterday when we got home and I loved everything you sent!I actually never had a single thing you sent so that was really neat! Thanks so much for the
    orchid w/orchid potting mix
    wandering jew
    sago pal bulbs
    elephant ear bulbs
    and plant labels

Need to get caughtup on housekeeping so my box will be going out the 1st part of next week : )

• darkruler
    16 years ago

did i send a donkey tail cactus.if i did its the sedum looking one.if not were is that little rascal

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

LOL.Kyle..Yes you did send it to me so you can stop looking..lol..Thank You!!.... and also I forgot to thank you for the awesome songbirds wrapping paper you sent too.Don't see how I could have forgotten to mention that either...I am bird crazy and love it! Thanks Again Kyle : )
    Nancy

• micke
    16 years ago

Kyle, I was going to get your box ready to go so my DH could take it to the P.O tommorrow and when I went to get the packing tape, well it seems my son decided to use it for his own amusement, I was not amused however. I will get your box mailed out Monday, wish our P.O stayed open later then noon, sometimes that makes it difficult as I work every Saturday til noon:(
    I will post with confirmation as soon as I get it on it's way, sorry for the delay.
    micke

• darkruler
    16 years ago

its fine your little story put a smile on my face lol

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I'm working on my box on Monday. Sorry for the delay Michelle! My Son is having toe surgery on Tuesday (on both big toes). He's having trouble with his toenails constantly causing pain and becoming in-grown/infected. He needs them surgically cut off and then zapped with a lazer to stop nail growth on the sides. I'm a little worried...

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    No mail today! Sorry.. I'll work on your package after I return home from my Son's toe surgery tomorrow. Again, sorry for the delay.

Deb

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi this is Nicole. Kim's Daughter.
    I have dropped two boxes off at the post office.
    One she had set for Norma who was not able to be in the swap she signed up for couple of months ago but made a trade with Mom.
    Norma your Delivery Confirmation number is 0306 1070 0001 9492 9702

And Mom's trade partner Nikki. Your box's Delivery Confirmation number is 0306 1070 0001 9492 9719.
    I help Mom with her houseplants and I took Horticulture for 2 years in high school. I have a few ponytail palm seeds and I hope to grow some for swaps next spring! We will see how that goes. I hope to propagate some of Mom's plants by next spring also. Her cuttings from this year's swaps are doing great!

I will check in next week to see who has not received a box
    I am marking it on Mom's list now. If you do not recieve one please let me know by posting here.

Nicole

• micke
    16 years ago

Kyle, your package is in the mail (finally!)
    deb, my husband had that same type of surgery when he was a teenager, he said it was very painful (the ingrown toenails) on one it was done perfectly, the other one they left some of the ingrown nail and if he hits it on anything it is very, very painful, so just make sure they get all of the nail at the side to save him some trouble down the road. (I don't think DH had any of the laser done though, that may make a big difference)

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Micke..Its so good to see you around here again! I was wondering where you were and how you were doing.Deb I hope your boys surgery went well.I had surgery a few years back to totally remove my big toenails on my feet for the same reason and its the best thing I ever did..Sandals look goofy tho now..lol..but at my age who cares..

Well looks like I got side tracked a little...lol.. the reason I came on here was to let Kimberly know her box is on the way...0103855749232783785

• darkruler
    16 years ago

Has anyone received there boxes yet?Just wondering i wanted to know what everyone got.

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Looks like 5 great boxes have received so far from what I read from posts above and looks like a few more are on their way.This month sure has been a fast moving one.Kim I typed your confirmation # in wrong in my post above..that one is for a different swap..your real number..lol..is 0103 8555 7493 1773 4800. Hope ya like what I sent : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Your package will go out on Monday. My Son has been home all week in pain. They couldn't do the permanent procedure due to the nails being infected. The Dr. decided to go with Acid instead of lazor. When acid is used, the nail has to be clear of infection or you run the risk of the acid bringing the infection to the bone. That would then cause a possible amputation. So, we have to wait until his toes clear up, he's on antibiotics too for a few weeks. The Dr. did do all the nail cutting/cleaning. He ended up taking half the nail off (on both big toes) and then taking off 1/4 of the nail on each side too. 4 pieces of nail were removed off of the 2 toes. It was a hard procedure to watch! Last Christmas my Son had this done on one toe. We thought it would of never came back. He hid the second toe from me for a few weeks. When I noticed both toes infected again, we went immediately!

Also, my car is having problems and is at the dealership right now. I'm waiting for a phone call to pick it up. Luckily, it's still under warranty. I noticed a ticking sound, it's the timing belt, rubbing metal to metal.

When it rains it pours! ;)

Deb

• darkruler
    16 years ago

Hi everyone i got my box today heres what i got

1.heartleaf philo plant.i have this one already but i was going to buy another one to match the one i have since they are one of my favs.
    2.draco.love this plant because its variegated.
    3 and 4 were living rocks.THEY ARE SO COOL!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH

i loved the box cant wait for the next swap this spring.thanks for all the great plants

• micke
    16 years ago

The living rocks made it okay????? I was very worried about them, shipping succulents scares the pants off of me! (and cedarnest you know why! lol)
    micke

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi,
    I didn't forget you Michelle. I'm so sorry that my box is late. I'm usually the first to sent out packages! Greenbean (my Monk parrot) died on Sunday. (I wrote the story on the "Petalpushers" swap thread). It's really late or I would go into more detail. I promise to mail your box out either tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post the DC# here. Again, I'm sooo sorry for being late!

Deb

• micke
    16 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about Greenbean:( I enjoyed hearing your stories about him. It is hard when we lose one of our furry pals, you take care and don't worry about being late it is no problem I totally understand.

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Your package went out today! I'm finally caught up!

USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0583.

Deb

• lil_green_thumb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Good news here - pop go moved to a regular room yesterday! He did not need to be put on the ventilator for his lungs to rest and heal some. So another week or so there then home it is!
    I am home today because pop told me to take my butt home for awhile =-)
    Kiddos new laptop from my mom should be here today so I can keep up with reading all the GW posts hopefully!

Deb - Sorry your son is having such a rough time with his toes! Will keep him in thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear about Greenbean too - its very hard to lose a beloved pet.

Micke - I LOL at your son in the packing tape!

Nancy - my box arrived last saturday. Kiddo called me and said they looked great all but the varigated corn start. It had a little soft spot in the stem at the bottom. Kiddo removed that and potted it. It still isnt looking too great. If you have more maybe we can do an individual trade for another one?

Kiddo was moving my regular cornplant to vaccum and broke a big piece off. She stuck it in a pot of dirt and now its rooted! I did not know it would root that easily! It did for her!

KIM SENDS TO NIKKI - SENT - HAVE YOU RECIEVED IT NIKKI?
    NIKKI SENDS TO LISSA - SENT
    LISSA SENDS TO LINDA - SENT
    LINDA SENDS TO MARIANN - SENT
    MARIANN SENDS TO DEB - SENT
    DEB SENDS TO MICHELLE - ON ITS WAY
    MICHELLE SENDS TO KYLE - SENT
    KYLE SENDS TO NANCY - SENT - HAVE YOU RECIEVED IT NANCY?
    NANCY SENDS TO KIM -SENT

• micke
    16 years ago

I got my box today! Deb you really outdid yourself:) this is what I got,
    Episcia, 'Ember Lace'
    Heart Vine (will this root in water or soil??)
    HOYAS:):)' Phillipine Black' and Rope Hoya 'Crinkle'
    Easter lily bulbs
    Alsobia Cygnet
    a cool Autumn Home oven mitt
    and 8 packets of seeds
    whew, hope I didn't forget anything, thank you so much Deb:)
    I did go ahead and put the hoyas in soil, that was right wasn't it? I rooted a hoya earlier this year and I am thinking I did it that way.
    thanks for hosting the swap Kim, I enjoyed it:)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    I always start hoyas directly in soil. The heart vine, water. Also, the Episcia & Cygnet soil.

Phillipine black is so different! Your really going to like this one. It loves lots of sun!

I'm glad you finally have your box!

Deb

• micke
    16 years ago

I loved the Philipine Black, it is different, I had never seen that one before, it was such a nice surprise, but I also loved the crinkles, so cool:) well I loved everything. Thank you, Thank you. And thank you for the planting instructions, I stuck the Episcia in water, then duh! remembered I had some birds build a nest in a green one I had and that the pieces that fell to the ground rooted themselves:)
    I also forgot to mention the cute little ceramic box the easter lily bulbs came in (I am going to plant something in it, haven't decided what yet, maybe the Heart vine when it roots, hmmmm....)
    It has been so long since I have been in a swap that I had forgotten how much fun it is to recieve a box and get to go through it and find all the goodies:)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths