Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: garden book lover's rr

Posted by kayemell z6PA (kayemell@comcast.net) on
Tue, Aug 15, 06 at 15:00

I love to read and collect garden books, but noticed that there's not a lot of activity on the Book Exchange forum, so I am stealing an idea from Beth B. and hosting a Garden Book Lover's RR.

Would you like to refresh your collection of gardening books? A Garden Book Robin would be a great opportunity to pass on some of the books that you have read a number of times, and gain new ones for your library. The books have to be related to gardening -- for example, garden crafts, flower gardening, veggie gardening, landscape design, propagating how-to's, bulbs, houseplants, decorating the garden, historic gardens, botanic gardens around the world - you get the idea.

The USPS has a special "media" rate which is a lower cost than 1st class. It will probably cost around $8 - $10 to mail. (But getting potentially 12 books for $10 is a great bargain!)

If you join the RR, you select books from the box, then replace with the same number that you took.

I will start the Robin with 12 books. As soon as a minimum of 8 people sign up, I'll start the flight geographically. In other words, I live in Southwestern PA, so I will send it to the person closest to me, who will send it to the person closest to them, etc. I will include address labels in the box, and each player selects an address to determine who gets the box next.

Want to play? Post here and e-mail me with your gardenweb name, real name and mailing address.

This will be fun!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: garden book lover's rr

I would love to join!

Deb

o

Giving this a bump!

Deb

o

I'd be interested! How much postage do you figure that many books would be? I know books are heavy - how much cheaper is it with the media rate, do you know?

o

C'mon gals! I know you all have lots of garden books that you'd like to share in return for ones you haven't read... I'm giving this a little bump just to get this RR some more attention!

o

Kay, my problem is "I never met a book I was able to part with", both my house and my storage shed prove that!!!
OK< i'll sign up but it will be tough choices to decide what to give up so I can keep something out of the box.
I really do "want it all" when it comes to books AND plants.

o

i can play along...i was just going thru my books...i have 4-5 books i can trade...

o

i would like to be a part of this one as well if there is enough interest.

thanks,
maryanne

o

I'd like to be a participant in this swap.

lil

o

So far we have 7 people (counting me) willing to join:

debbya
sguanzon
beth_b_kodiak
summerfireflys
earthlydelights
lilylouise

Since this is a busy time of year (kids back to school, squeezing in that summer vacation you meant to take, Labor Day, etc) I will re-post this RR suggestion in mid September. Or maybe even later in the year when garden chores are less pressing. Thoughts? Ideas?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here