Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kayemell

new: garden book lover's rr

kayemell
17 years ago

I love to read and collect garden books, but noticed that there's not a lot of activity on the Book Exchange forum, so I am stealing an idea from Beth B. and hosting a Garden Book Lover's RR.

Would you like to refresh your collection of gardening books? A Garden Book Robin would be a great opportunity to pass on some of the books that you have read a number of times, and gain new ones for your library. The books have to be related to gardening -- for example, garden crafts, flower gardening, veggie gardening, landscape design, propagating how-to's, bulbs, houseplants, decorating the garden, historic gardens, botanic gardens around the world - you get the idea.

The USPS has a special "media" rate which is a lower cost than 1st class. It will probably cost around $8 - $10 to mail. (But getting potentially 12 books for $10 is a great bargain!)

If you join the RR, you select books from the box, then replace with the same number that you took.

I will start the Robin with 12 books. As soon as a minimum of 8 people sign up, I'll start the flight geographically. In other words, I live in Southwestern PA, so I will send it to the person closest to me, who will send it to the person closest to them, etc. I will include address labels in the box, and each player selects an address to determine who gets the box next.

Want to play? Post here and e-mail me with your gardenweb name, real name and mailing address.

This will be fun!

Comments (9)