Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Birthday Extravaganza Birthday Buddies for September

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

Happy Birthday To ALL our September Bday Buddies !!!

Appaloosa909 September 9

Dan_the_Mailman September 13

dirtdiggin September 29

PLEASE only MAIL, if they post a wish list !

Dan thanks for ur help with last month, I went to PA, and came home and got the flu ! Ill email addresses out in a few days.

Thanks to all of you that have stuck with the swap, and made it so much fun !

Comments (75)

• threas
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Birthday Andrea!
    Hope your day is wonderful!

Lisa, I hope you get some relief from your pinched nerve!
    Kym, that sux you had the flu already!Hopefully you're done for the winter with being sick!

Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDREA...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

{{gwi:459760}}
    Happy Birthday Andrea!!!
    Dorothy

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday, Andrea! Hope it's a great one!

• colcol
    14 years ago

Hope your day was a fun one, Appaloosa909!
    Happy Birthday!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Happy B-Day Andrea...

Hope it was a wonderful day for you.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello everyone!

Toni, I just typed a long email to you and for some reason it wont go through. Please check your post office box on Friday or Saturday for a package. I don't think it will sit well until Monday. I mailed a card to someone else too.

I have something for the last b-day buddy BUT the seeds are not ready yet so I will save your addy and mail out at a later date.

Lisa

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I'v been away all summer,thank you Kym, for all the Bday addys.

Happy Birthday to one and all,I will be checking your list,to see what goodies I may have.
    Hope all of you "Had" and will be having a great Birthday.
    A year goes by so quickly does it not.

The cakes look so good!!!! Yum,Yum, ahhhhh cheesecake,my favorite.

cAROL

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Alwaysagarden - Cindy. Could you please send me your correct birthday/addy info, so I can have my address list correct for your birthday month. Thanks,
    Sue

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, I put carols info where Cindys should have been...I have mixed the two up since Christmas..sooorry Cindy.

A NEW LIST WILL STILL BE MAILED BEFORE THE FIRST OF THE MONTH...SO PLEASE DONT GET WORRIED..!!! I ADDED THE LIST TO GIVE YOU AN IDEA OF WHO WAS LEFT FOR THE YEAR !!!

So, Cindy, we wont miss you..and u dont need to send ur addie to each person..I will mail out at the end of the month.

Thanks to you all for still going with the swap..I am planning on doing the Secret Santa swap sign ups soon !!

Thanks for the well wishes..I hope you ALL are doing well!

Sept 11th..We will never forget ! Thanks to all of our AMERICAN HEROS !

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. :)

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Today I received not one, but TWO envies in the mail! YAY!!!
    From Lisa/ishareflowers, I received a great card with cherry brandy rudbeckia and summer carnival hollyhock seeds! I'll be wintersowing both!
    Dorothy/dimples31312 sent a cool card, seeds for cosmos, zinnias, and asters, and 2 rabbit-shaped twist-ties! I'm going to use those tomorrow when I'm tying up my tomatoes.

Thank You Ladies!
    -Dan

• suecirish
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Dan! Hope it's a great day for you!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Dan!

Was Going to post you a BD tag but Photobucket not let me. :(
    Will try again later.
    Anyway happy BD!
    Dorothy

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

*****************Happy Birthday Dan,*********************
    I am running behind,as usuall.
    I do have someting in mind for you though.
    Have fun today.
    cAROL

• daylilyaddict
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all of my Birthday Gardening Buddies !!!
    I had my 29th birthday for the 30th time in September !!!

My wish list includes:
    goat's beard
    oxyeye daisy
    salvia
    red valerian
    jupiter's beard
    golden asters ***
    stokes aster
    basket of gold
    goldentuft
    penstemon
    bleeding hearts
    cranesbill
    yellow foxgloves
    leopards bane
    ligularia
    lupine
    carolina lupine
    russian sage
    bush daisies
    easy roses

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all September babies! Sorry I have been away for awile but since John died, life went to hell in a handbasket. My roof started leaking, when they delivered the materials, my drive cracked so bad it caused the basement to leak (water runoff). The AC died on the worst day of summer, the hot water tank exploded and the tile fell off the bathroom wall!!! Luckily I have enough life insurance money to fix all that went wrong...looks like all those projects John wanted to do are finally getting done.

I also have a new man in my life. He is so loving...kinda strange as he has quite a foot fetish :-O We are spending a lot of time together go to classes and shows. So are you curious yet? Here is his picture...

Hopefully the August babies got their cards, I'll go back and check. I'll get out a couple asap. Kim

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Happy B-Day Dan!!! Hope it has been a wonderful one.

Lisa, it did not arrive Friday and we don't receive mail on Saturday, so I'll be sure and check Monday AM first thing. Our mail is kept inside, hopefully it will be okay until then. Thanks so much :)

Toni

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Kim,
    The new man in your life is so cute.
    Sorry everything went so bad for you.
    Big Hugs
    Dorothy

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Dan!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I received a very nice B-Day card from Dorothy today. Thank you SO much for the little treasures.

inside there were...

Perennial Lupine seeds
    Purple Coneflower
    and Rose of Sharon seeds.

Thank you :)

Toni

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi Toni,

It didn't come??? I'm getting nervous now. The lady at the post office said that you would get it on Friday or Saturday! I sent a live plant in a bubble envy, I hope the p.o. is close so that you can check again tomorrow.

Lisa

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Hi Lisa,

The PO is right down the street so it's not a problem to check, and I'll be sure to check first thing in the AM and let you know.

Toni

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    14 years ago

Did I miss putting daylilyaddict on the birthday list page by accident? I don't see this user on the birthdays for this month. If I made a mistake, please, let me know.

Kim, I am so sorry for your troubles, but commend you for your terrific attitude and humor through this. I'm continuing to pray for you, girl. I'm so glad to see the new "guy" in your life. It brought a big smile to my face.

Blessings,
    Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: September Birthday Wish Lists

• threas
    14 years ago

Happy Belated Birthday, Dan! Hope it was a wonderful one for you!My weather right now is Mailman perfect!LOL

Theresa

• margarita10
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all my gardening buddies.

I hope it's okay to post this here:

I want to thank colcol for my bithday card in July. My daughter pushed up her wedding to August 29, 2009 instead of next year due to her future father-in-law's ill health (he's a diabetic and recently had a leg amputated and is on dialysis)and I just found the envelope.

Needless to say I was a basket case in July and lost a few things.

I received: Zinnia, Shasta Daisy, Dahlia, Morning Glory mix.

Coleen you mentioned they weren't on my wish list but they are all very much appreciated.

I'm trying to get back on schedule and have sent out a few birthday cards.

Margarita10

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Every one,

Hope you are all having a very good Birthday.

Would any one have the addy's for the September B.Day buddies?
    I sent Kym a e mail over a week ago, and i have not heard from her yet.
    She did send me addys, but they were for August.
    I am thinking she must be out of town again??

Thanks ,hope some one can let me know,sooon. :0)
    cAROL

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Should i post here, the names i would like address for?
    Thanks every one.
    cAROL

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I am so excited. I received 2 cards in the mail from Chellflower (Chell) and Dimples31312 (Dorothy).

Thank you so much!

Andrea

• piksi_hk
    14 years ago

Happy September birthday to the September babies!
    Wishing you lots of surprises in the mail.

Betsy

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    sorry to be late this month, could someone please send me the address for this month?
    thanks and happy birthday to all the gardeners this month
    michelle

• carol57078
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday to all the birthday buddies!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I got a card today from Chell/chellflowers! It made me feel like it was still my birthday, which was very cool!
    Thank You Chell!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I went mailboxing today and found two, count'em two, cards in the box! WooHoo! Margarita10 sent a "warm and fuzzy" card with seeds for morning glories, coneflowers, and purple cowpeas. Carol57078 sent a bouquet-of-flowers card with seeds for tiger lilies, hollyhocks, dianthus, coneflowers, and pink milkweed.

THANK YOU LADIES!!!

(this is so much fun!)

• alwaysagarden
    14 years ago

Happy Birthday Dan!
    Sorry this is a little late. : )

Cindy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Today I received an awesome, awesome box from Melissa/hazelnutbunny! Included in it was...
    a book titled The Devious Book for Cats (it's hilarious, but I will NOT let my cats read this! it'll give them ideas!)
    irises (a longtime favorite of mine)
    a wonderful letter
    prism candles (I can use these to "set the mood" some night!)
    enough smoothie mixes, cocoa spiced tea, and sweet apple flavored tea to get drunk on
    atomic energy bites
    an Oscar Mayer car (I just saw the real one here in town about 3 weeks ago)
    star-shaped massager (should work with the candles, eh?)
    coffee-flavored candy
    assorted lotions, gels, and scrubs (more to go with the candles? hmmmmm)
    a brushes-n-scrubber kit (not saying a word here, just leering innocently)
    an Organic Gardening magazine
    and finally, a book on Perennials

WOW.

Mel, thank you again. It's incredible, just like I said in my e-mail.

-Dan

• colcol
    14 years ago

Oh Margarit10, very glad to hear the bd pkg did get to you :)
    But sorry to hear of your awful july.
    Hopefully the next months will be great!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I should've posted this last night, but after a long day at work followed by getting my transmission fixed at a local repair shop, I came home and took just enough time to close the door behind before heading to bed. I was tired!
    But, that meant that this morning I was able to open up two more wonderful packages, starting my day off just right! Yay!!!
    First I need to thank Amy/morguegirl (I just love that name!) for the wonderful card she sent. It contained a great little note along with some seeds for malva zebrina, hyacinth beans, white coneflower, solcito zinnia, and dark pink 4 o'clocks. What a selection!
    Next I need to thank Carol/just1morehosta. Not only did she remember my birthday, but she remembered that Halloween is my favorite holiday (next to my birthday, of course! lol). Her card had cake and ice cream on the front of it, and came with 2 spider rings, a section of a wooden fence with a purple cosmos attached (this'll go well in a pot!), a packet of green envy zinnias, a hanging ghoul, an awesome little gardening gnome (he'll look great next to the fencing), and a bag of catnip, which is currently getting both of my cats, Bump & Stella, stoned out of their minds! LOL!!! I opened that up, spread some on their rugs, they rolled around until coated with it and then ate some, and now they are telling me all about having "the munchies" and calling me "Dude"!
    Ladies, THANK YOU for an awesome beginning to my day!
    -Dan

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

I'm so sorry, I've been out of town and I remembered my laptop, but forgot my air card :( I have been having internet withdrawls LOL

I did receive the wonderful plant from ishareflowers - THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!! It is green wizard rudbeckia. Plus a very nice card. The plant is alive and well, so thank you so much for the special packing care.

Toni

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Toni,

I'm so glad that the plant made it to you safe and sound. Happy growing!

Lisa

Come on out and post those lists October babies!

• colcol
    14 years ago

dan, tks for the detailed description of bd gift from hazelnutbunny! The cat bk sounds like one my mom would like! I'm getting early start on Christmas! THANKS!
    and thanks to hazelnutbunny!

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Dan,you did tell Stella, the nip was for her also i hope,don;t let them read the card,cause i didn't know you had her,if she reads the card,her feelings will be hurt.
    You know how cats are,she will turn her back on you and not talk for a while(hey,kinda like us women eh)
    cAROL

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

LOL! Carol, don't worry about Stella. In this house (according to her) it's all about Stella! Those two cats are still rolling around in the catnip, and enjoying a bite of it too, from time to time. I've got a couple of stoners here! I tried to hide the package from them, but they found it while I was at work and "spread the love" all over the office while I was at work. I swept it back up, but they'll probably be into it again today. Who needs cable when I've got Bump and Stella for entertainment? ((chuckle))

And the birthday goes on! This is sooo cool! Yesterday I received 2 great cards in the mail, one from Sue/suecirish and one from Andrea/appaloosa909. They both had some great seeds in them. THANK YOU LADIES!!!

After this month, I kind of pity the seed companies. I don't think I'll be making a seed order for next year. I'm getting plenty of seeds from my friends here on the GW! Lol!..... Well, maybe I could make a small order, right? What's a gardener to do?

Have A Great Day Everyone!
    -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Coleen/colcol, thank you for the iris! I'm actually kind of glad you didn't know what color they were, it'll just make the surprise last even longer!

Michelle/micyroy, I know just where to put those calamint seeds. They'll look great in the perennial garden, thank you!

• colcol
    14 years ago

Sure dan, lots of "small" seed orders from lots of companies :)
    Ha!
    Glad to hear the iris arrived. I HOPE to be organized enough to label colors as they bloom next year.

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

I have been enjoying this month so much! :)

Special Thank you to...
    Sue (Suecirish) for the petunia and stock seeds (LOVE them)
    Toni (dirtdiggin) for the tomato Seeds I've been coveting
    Michelle (micyroy) for the bidens (now I can plant them everywhere)
    Coleen (colcol) for the shoe soap,seed packs (can always use them) and bunch of seeds, and yes I can used them :)
    And big box left on my porch yesterday from Carol (just1morehosta) with LIVE plants of geranium, helleborus and dahlias and plant labels. Festively wrapped in colored tissue paper with lovely tags... wow! It's raining cats and dogs here but I can't wait to plant them.

Thank you everyone for being so generous, it's like a never-ending birthday this month!

Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Well, we've been out of town until yesterday and the PO was closed so DH stopped and picked up a whole BUNCH of treasures for me this AM :)

Thank you so much to....

micyrey - what a lovely hand made card :) and perennial seeds YAY!!!
    appaloosa909 - NAR and Romeo Paste tomatoes...CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THEM!!!
    suecirish - more perennials whoohoo! I'm so excited!!
    Carol 57078 - hellebores and Dahlia seeds!!! gonna get the cold strat going today!!!
    shopshire_lad - a lovely assortment of seeds. Can't wait to plant them all :) !!!
    just1morehosta - A beautiful Helleborus plant - Northern Beauty, plant markers an adorable little frame with a kitty on it and Green Envy Zinnia Seeds...boy did you spoil me!!! Thank you SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

and thank you everyone, for such wonderful cards and messages. It's a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!

I'm 29 again lol.

Toni

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Received a very nice card from alwaysagarden. Thank you for the hollyhock seeds :) Can't wait to plant them.

Thanks so much for all the wonderful birthday wishes :)

Toni

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

Thank you to Cindy (Alwaysagarden) for the Salvia seeds and to JJ (shropshire_lad) for the lettuce, chives, daylily and marigold seeds.

This has been a great birthday!

Thanks everyone :)
    Andrea
    Appaloosa909

• appaloosa909
    14 years ago

One more thank you from me...

Thanks to Margarita10 for the petunia and perennial mix seeds.

Andrea
    Appaloosa909