Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: Birthday Bash details continued

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Well, can you believe it. We reached 150 on the original posting.

I will not post the "Rules" again just yet. We will continue to work out the kinks and so on and so forths. Then post the formal stuff later on.

We can pick up here where the other conversing left off.

:) Fran

Comments (150)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Good Morning Everyone!

I have offered to help Fran with this swap, I have some exams coming up in Jan. but after that I will be open. I'm sure any other volunteers would be appreciated too. Although, I also think that we will all be helping out in one way or another : )

Dan, glad you had a good Bday! Are you still wanting to do this? I understand you have a lot going on right now with getting Paula moved in and your health issues, just let us know....

Also, I know there is a really good post from Remy on here about packing and shipping plants, I just have to find it.... when I do I'll post a link so anyone interested can look at it, it even has pics! : )

Have a great day everyone
    Vic

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Did everyone make it through the storms ok??
    We FINALLY have our electric back! Yay! Our area received quite a bit of damage from the winds, we had some flooding, And the electricity was out from Saturday until this morning. We were lucky, though...it could have been so much worse. We did lose some food, though...so I'll have to make a trip to the grocery store in a bit. That's nothing, though...not compared to how it COULD have been & how it IS for so many more.

I'm willing to help out with the group where ever it's needed, as much as I can. :O) Just let me know!

Okay, I'm off to the store. I'm gonna close my eyes as I drive past the gas stations, though..... YIKES!!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

We didn't get anything from the storm...not a drop of rain nothing!
    I am glad we wasn't in the path of the worst of it either. I have seen so much of the things it did on the news since it happen. Gosh Galv. TX is pretty much wiped out! It is so sad so many ppl as displaced by another storm/hurricane it just breaks ones heart to see all of the destruction. Homes completely gone, like nothing was ever there.

Vic, I am glad you know which post that is that needs to be posted so yes, please will you look for the link and set that up for us for the plant shipping. It is how I have ALWAYS shipped my plants. So it is a good reminder and tip for those who may not be fimilar with the correct way to ship plants.

I haven't heard back for everyone but for the most part those I have thank you I appreciate your responses.

Nikki and Vic said they both would be glad to help moderate, I appreciate that very much.
    Bunny offered to help in any way she can too, thank you.
    Vic it would be nice if you could figure out HOW to type for me a the moment...LOL...and OUCH!!!

Marianne IS working on some special projects for me to have for this group, THANK YOU AGAIN MARIANN...your the best.
    NO we will NOT be revealing anything until it is time for the FIRST B-Day month!

Ok, thanks again everyone. I hope this all turns out to be awesome!!!

:)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Special projects??? Hmmm.......now I'm curious!! : )

I will look for that link and post it here today

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Ok, here is the link....

Here is a link that might be useful: Preparing plants for shipping by Remy

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Vic, I appreciate you posting this. I THOUGHT I posted a thank you eariler, but apperantly I didn't...OPPPS sorry.

Ok, I am heading off to bed now.

Night all.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

H-E-L-L-OOOOOO
    Anybody here???

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi, I'm here. I must confess I've just been lurking this week. Although I've been reading, I haven't had time to post. Thanks Vic for posting the shipping instructions, it's been a while since I've seen them. Dan, I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Has Paula arrived yet? Melissa, I don't know how you made it with no power, all the kids, and the bunny in the oven. Anyone heard from Pixie. I hope she's doing ok. Fran, I hope your family is doing better. I've been praying for you. I've enjoyed hearing about everybody. I can't wait to get started! Nikki

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey all, I had REALLY good intentions about posting something this morning BUT I don't know what happened I ended up getting busy with this and that and talking to a friend about a swap we are planning on attending this coming Saturday.

Well, Nikki I don't want to get started on my family so we will just stay away from that subject ;).

Vic I am with you, WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

? Fran

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hey there y'all! I'm here, just been working on re-doing the bathroom walls. I tore out a mirror wall above the sink, re-did a couple of walls, and, when the plaster dries sometime this weekend, I'll be ready to paint. Then it's on to the office where I've got to finish a wall, then paint it. And, after that, it's on to the bedroom, where the approved new color is a light yellow. (GRIN) When Paula finally arrives on October 2nd, I want her to see that I've got everything done as we discussed.

Fran, you had me thinking we were going to disband our little group when you sent out your last e-mail, asking if we should continue. I'm glad to see that we're going for it, and that you've got some help! Yay!!! to Nikki and Vic!

So tell me, have we decided when we're going to start this? When are we celebrating the first birthday?

Take care everyone, it's off to bed for me!

-Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Wow, Dan! You have really been the busy little man, haven't you?? :O) I think Paula will be pleased....I know Icolor> would be!! LOL

I'm with Dan, Fran! (hehehe...that rhymed...*giggle* Can you TELL I"m tired/wired?!) When do we get this party started??!
    Where's the bartender?? I could use a margarita (virgin, of course).
    Oh....WAIT...I"Mcolor> the bartender (bar-bunny)....YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

I've been around....just have had a bad week, very busy. I had to take my dad to an emergency dentist appt. on Tuesday. He had all his teeth taken out the week before (for dentures), and when they did that...they actually took a HAMMER & knocked his front teeth out but broke them off at the gumline!!!!!color> Which we couldn't see until AFTER the swelling had gone down (For the most part). So he had to go in to yet ANOTHER dentist (100 miles away!) and have some things done. He's got to go back next week for MORE work.
    AGH! Poor feller. He's lost over 10 lbs this week, and feels like crap. I'm just mad as a hornet, and hope we can get this taken care of soon. Gee Whiz.

Anyway, much more stuff going on, too....but I'll save the *sob* stories.... LOL! Life is a highway, and I just got ran off the road by an 18 wheeler! :O)

I am sooooooooooocolor>looking foward to the weekend!! A chance to relax! And not have to move off the couch! (yeah, right!!! I can hope!!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dan as far as I know we are all in agreement to start with Deb this November.
    I wanted to make sure EVERYONE was on board with this and the answers I have gotten back SO far have been positive so I am guess from the few I HAVEN'T heard from they are ready to go forth as well.

At this point the majority rules and yes it is a go forth and have a

SWAP!!!

• galium
    15 years ago

Hi Everyone-Thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm trying to keep myself busy for the next hour. I have to go for my 6 week blood work check at the hospital. The lab doesn't open until 8:30AM and I have to be fasting. Doing this doesn't bode well for my stomach.

Melissa- You're poor dad. I'd really be pissed off. Who did his teeth anyway??? Sounds like a dentist from the dark ages.

Hey Dan when you're finished I have some work to do at my house!!!

Fran I'm still working on my questionnaire whenever I have a minute.
    Have a great day
    Mariann

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mariann~ That's exactly what I said when I found out! LOL The dentist is about 75/80 years old, so I suppose he WAS practicing back when they just used hammers & pliers and gave the patient a shot of whiskey! :O)

Fran~ How IS everything going in your neck of the woods? I hope everything is settling down, at least somewhat. Need a drink? The BarBunny is in the house!
    {{gwi:1294862}}

Vic~ How have YOU been?? Ya come in here and holler at us, but don't stay? Gee Whiz. :O)

Nikki~ HEY girl!! Good to see you!

Okay, Ms. Fran!! PLEEEEEEASE, pretty please with sugar on top....could you send Deb's biography out?? I am finding all sorts of goodies, and have been stocking up...but I'm not QUITE sure what to be setting aside for her. I'm a bit anxious. :O)
    Yes, I know it's early.
    Please, pretty please???
    ppplllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaasssssse??????

{{gwi:1294863}}

I *promise* not to mail her package until November. Cross my heart!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bunny, I am beginning to think you really are a nut case, but I say that in the most loving way. You fit in just fine with me (big grin and a wink!!!)
    I am with Mariann on the Dad and Teeth!!! That is OUTRAGEOUS, Dentist nowadays will not pull all of your teeth at once because of the infectious factor. Well MOST won't anyway. AND BREAKING HIS TEETH!!! That is in INEXCUSABLE I DON"T CARE HOW OLD THE DENTIST WAS, this is unprofessional!!!

I will go a head and send out Debs questions.

I would like to hear from her and a few others.

Mariann, no rush take your time. You still have plenty of time left to get it back

ANYWHO, I will speaks to ya'll laters if anyone cares to comment today on anything I will be back to check in!!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If you leave the questions the way I have them they will/should print out to be 12 pages, HOWEVER, you can reduce the text size to print it on less pages and smaller.
    Just thought I would let you know this is the way I have them ALL set up so if you wish it to be on less pages then you must remember to reduce the size of the text.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Well, well, well, didn't everyone just crawl out of the woodwork! LOL

Melissa, your poor Dad! That's horrible, you should report that dentist to the ADA!

Dan, keep up the good work!

I'm going to repost the list of B-days starting in Nov!
    Let me know if I mess it up : )

November---
    17-debbya/Deb

December---
    Holiday Swap!

January---
    22---dan_the_mailman/Dan

February-
    18---vic_zn5/Vic

March---
    20ncgardengirl/Fran(NC)(ME)

April---
    10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
    17 nikkineels/nikki

June
    Pool Party!
    July---
    17---galium/Mariann

August
    23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---
    26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa

October---
    12---diene/diene

IF any of you in the colder months wants to switch and take June so you can get plants speak now, or forever hold your peace! : )

NOW............

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

A nutcase?? FRAN!! I am offended!! I MUCH prefer looney tunes, fruitcake, or nuttier than a pecan sandie. But nutcase?? Ya really know how to hurt a gal, dontcha?? :O)

HEY!! Guess what I just did!! No, I'm not proud of it, and yes..it DOES confirm Fran's diagnosis....LOL....

Ummm...you know the people that are always doing this??

And how we always point, laugh (HA!) and say.."Glad that's not me! How stupid can you get??"

Uh, yeah....I have now joined the ranks of the "destroying public gas station property" nerds.

I'll blame it on the D.I.P.S. (Dumbness Induced by Pregnancy Symptoms).

And BTW....a Suburban drives JUST fine with no gas cap and a tail. :O)

Ya'll may now commence with the laughter and finger pointing.
    Go ahead, I deserve it.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh no Bunny, I am SO sorry about the gas pump thing. At least it didn't break anything when it came loose. I was working at a gas station a LONG time ago and a guy came in with his NICE NEW SHINY BEAMER.
    Filled-up, came in a paid ( THIS WAS BEFORE YOU HAD TO PREPAY) and went back out to his car. I saw as he was pulling away from the pump, it was too late. The hose was stretched as far as it was GOING TO and then WHAAAAMMMM!!! It broke loose and CRASHED into the rear window sheild....
    It was awful, I had to call the manager, then the police for a report....So count yourself lucky in that respect..

No I am not laughing...I have seen what it CAN do. I am glad it didn't do any damage and greatful they have new break away hoses now adays.

VIC That looks good on the dates and STAY AWAY FROM THE M & M DUDES...hehe Did I get back to u on your email? I can't remember...I have been SO busy today getting ready for the swap 2morrow.

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Oooh Melissa! My brother did that a long time ago and I still can't believe it. You crack me up with your pregnancy stories. Thanks Fran for sending out Deb's questions. It was really neat reading through all of her preferences. I'm already planning her box. You all have a great weekend. I'm going out of town for a bit of a break. Nikki

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Suburban with a tail, eh? Hmmm, I'm not giggling, not at all..... not even a chuckle! Well, maybe a few guffaws, but only because no one got hurt, and the car wasn't damaged. Maybe a few laughs too, but that's mainly because of the picture you included with your story Bunny! Oh my!

Now, we're not actually serving "virgin" drinks here, are we? Whatever we're drinking, I've got some cookies here we could all partake of. And no, they're not brownies. Sorry about that, but I'm all out of brownie mix. What kind are they? You sure you want to know??? Really? Wellllll, they're, uhm, sugar cookies, yeah, that's it. They're sugar cookies! hehehe What? You want the recipe? Well, it's just a basic recipe, with a few "special" ingredients added for extra, uh, flavor. Yeah, extra flavor.
    TRUST ME!!!
    (more giggling)
    Now, Fran, I'm putting the finishing touches on a box for Deb for the latest mnf swap this weekend, so it's very timely of you to send that questionnaire of Deb's today. Very timely indeed. You're not psychic, are you? Maybe as a result from a few too many brownies in your wild youth?
    (more giggling)
    (and no, it's not because of the paint fumes)
    Bunny, could you fix me another rum and coke? Oh, you're out of coke? Well, that's okay with me. Just rum will be fine with me!

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey...

Hey Mickey
    You've been around all night and that's a little long
    You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
    Why can't we say goodnight? So you can take me home, Mickey

Cause when you say you will, it always means you won't
    You're givin' me the chills, baby, please baby don't
    Every night you still leave me all alone, Mickey

Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
    You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
    Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
    It's guys like you, Mickey
    Ooh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
    Don't break my heart, Mickey

Hey Mickey
    Now when you take me by the... who's... ever gonna know
    Every time you move I let a little more show
    There's something you can use, so don't say no, Mickey

So come on and give it to me anyway you can
    Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man
    Oh please baby, please don't leave me in this jam Mickey

Refrain1:
    Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
    You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
    Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
    It's guys like you, Mickey
    Ooh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
    Don't break my heart, Mickey

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Here you are, Dan! Although...I think you got started a *weeeee* bit early. :O)

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello Fran;
    I would take June and then we can finish with a Halloween swap. Is that okay?
    Thanks.
    diene

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Diene, a halloween swap, that sounds like fun!
    Vic

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

And, what's wrong with that???

Seek Codes

MySpace Graphics

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello All,
    How is everyone's weekend going? It is pretty cool outside here today. I am not doing much of anything except trying to relax today.

I am cooking up a VERY LARGE stock pot of Fresh Blacked Eyed Peas that come from our garden for supper.

We will be having homemade Bisquits with fresh tomatoes from our garden, and cantaloupe from our garden and fried okra from the neighbors garden.
    Sounds pretty yummy huh? IF you like southern foods that is!

And of course sweet tea to wash it all down!

UMMM, UMMM, now that is some good eatin'!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mmmmmmmmm~ Black eyed peas & fried okra!!!

Oh, WOW...does that sound YUMMY, Fran!!
    I've got a crock pot full of beef roast...which *sounded* good, until you mentioned the peas & okra!
    Wanna trade?? :O)

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Hello Ladies,
    There's no easy way to say this, and I don't want to do it because I've been looking forward to this swap since Fran announced it, but I'm going to have to drop out of it. What with my health going up and down lately, and everything being up in the air concerning Paula's move and getting her settled into her new home and job in the upcoming months, I just don't feel like this is something I can take on for the next year.
    I'll still be around in the MNF group, doing the monthly swaps when I can, so I won't be leaving entirely.
    I wish I didn't have to do this, but I wouldn't want to get halfway through the year and then have to drop out in the middle of things.
    I hope you all understand.
    I also hope you all have fun with this.
    Take care, and I'll see you around the pool!
    -Dan

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, ummm, well, the bisquits and cantalope sound good! *G* I've been craving BEEF lately! So I would've went to bunny's house for dinner, lol

Dan, sorry to hear that, but I understand, you've got a lot on your plate right now. When is Paula going to be moving in? Do you still have a set date?
    Good Luck!

Ok girls, what do ya say we just leave Jan open, as kind of an after holiday rest period?

Vic

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Vic, Paula is planning on leaving New York on the 30th, and getting here sometime on the 1st of October. I'm hoping we can get the truck unloaded by the 3rd, and can spend the weekend relaxing a little. I called her this morning, and she's feeling a little frustrated right now. Some of her family came over this weekend and got some of her furniture, but the apartment is still a mess, and she hates a messy house. It doesn't help that my blood sugar is still yo-yoing a little, and she can't see that I'm handling it.
    But, like I keep telling her, this too shall pass.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Dan, I know all to well what it's like to try and pack a place up by yourself! I'm sure she is more then a "little" frustrated! I remember when I was doing that and had Zack at home too, my house looked like a tornado went through it for the last month I was home, and there are so many things you need that you can't pack yet and of course the "do I REALLY NEED this, will there be room for that???" Tell her to have a drink and relax, once everything she wants is packed up call purple heart or salvation army or just put an ad on craigslist or freecycle, the stuff will fly outta there! LOL
    Vic

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

Yes, I have been MIA but I have tried to keep up with all the going on's : )

Fran - sorry I didn't get you a reply to your questions - oopp's I pushed 'delete' and not reply and then thought I could just catch up here.... Starting in November is good with me!

Vic ----Ok girls, what do ya say we just leave Jan open, as kind of an after holiday rest period? ----
    Oh, ya! that will be wonderful but I can use the rest now LOL

Info --- I am not finding any thing for details on the Holiday Swap - is there any yet?

Marie

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Marie, Well there you are! LOL!
    We haven't really discussed the holiday swap much. I am under the impression we are going to do something along the lines of a small ornament/decoration swap? We could put a limit on it like $10-15 or keep it the same as the B-day swaps at $20? What does everyone think??? Any specific ideas anyone has?

Vic

• galium
    15 years ago

Dan-We'll miss you. Hope all goes well with Paula's move. Please take care of your health.

Marie-I agree with you about keeping January open. Glad to see you post.

I think having an ornament swap is a nice idea for the holidays. I have several ornaments on my tree that I received in swaps. My favorites are the homemade ones.

Melissa-What are you craving lately??? Chocolate??

Fran I love okra! We never have it though. I grew it one year just for the flowers.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Awwwww, Dan! Hate to see you go bye-bye, but I totally understand! I hope things settle down for you soon. Feel free to drop by for a rum-n-coke any time! :O)

Maybe instead of leaving January open, we could have a "New Years Resolutions" swap? We could make cards for each other, and include a "Garden Resolution" for our partner! Have fun, be nice....maybe a bit ornery...and totally CHEAP! :O)
    Just a thought...but I'm fine with leaving January open, also.

Marie & Mariann~ Good to see you gals pop in here! Hope everything is going well with ya'll. :O)

Where is everyone else?

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HELLO ALL
    I am sorry I have been absent for a few days, I have been BUSY, I went to a plant swap this past Saturday and ended up getting VERY ill. Yesterday and today I have been trying to catch-up on everything else, and really today is the best I have felt since the incident!!!!...

DAN SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE DROPPING OUT. But glad you made the decision BEFORE we got started.
    I wish you and Paula the best and take care of yourself!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler temps. I am!!!

BTW my Sunday dinner was fantastic!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION?!? EEEEK! That's a scary thought! LOL
    I would prob. get one that said I had to get ALL the weeds out of my gardens, yuck!

So Fran, is diene going to be in June? And have you got any thoughts for the Dec. swap?

I'm off to clean house now, well, maybe

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, Jan. is not a great month to try to get anything in. I don't know about the resolution thing.
    Depends on what everyone else thinks.

IF diene wants to move to June I suppose she can since Oct isn't really her month either.

If anyone else is up for a Halloween thang or SPOOKY Halloween thang let me know.

And on the Christmas/Dec. Swap we can either have secret Santa OR do a Ornament swap. Ya'll decide and let me know.
    It would be neat though if we each made an ornament and sent one out to everybody. That would at this point be nine and it wouldn't be that much I don't think.
    I don't know...ya'll think about it and let me know what you want to do.

Going to bed now

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Fran...maybe it's just me, but you sound a bit discouraged? Is everything OK?
    Need a hug or maybe some chocolate? :O)

If it feels like everything is falling apart (with the drop-outs and all), we could just keep moving people up, so we don't have a year-long swap, we just have the 9 or so months that are spoken for. (Vic would start in Jan, Fran could move up to Feb, etc..) It might keep the future drop outs at a minimum. OR..a random draw for each month could keep people in....then they couldn't PLAN to quit after their month, because they wouldn't know which month they would be in, until a few weeks previous. Just draw a new name for each month out of the participants still in the swap. That way, if someone did NOT send a box in the months previous, they could be left out of the draw and not be on the receiving end. (did that make sense?)

Or it could be that no one is worried about that, anyway...And it's just me. :O) I'm a worry wart. I'll admit it. And I'll quit it. Sometime. LOL

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Just checking in to see whats new.. ;)
    I've had a major sinus infection that turned into a cold (or was a cold to begin with). I'm much better now and finally caught up with things here. Things can get so behind when your not feeling well for a couple of days! I'm still behind in laundry, so will be able to check the forums a few times today while taking tiny breaks.

Dan,
    We are going to miss you!

What about opening up the swap again to get a few more to join?
    Or just keeping who we have left and closing it? Both ideas work. Let's just keep it simple and fun.

I'm really looking forward to this! We have a great group!

Hugs,
    Deb

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

No Bunny, I'm just tired an frustrated about home thngs. I need to install new plant beds since I've gotten a bunch more new plants and seedlings from seeds I started, plus I have another plant swap coming up Saturday that I am not sure if I am even going to get to go to although I made plans before hand to go THINGS CHANGE because that's how life goes and WITH THE PLANT/BED sitituation I can't figure out WHERE to put them that wouldn't be inconvenient for the landlord SHOULD we move and he never comes down here for me to ask WHERE he would ok some new beds for me to put them so I have plants looking at me ready to go to sleep and I have no bed to lay them in!
    PLUS I am battleing some evil little creatures that keep getting in my plants-bed/Railroad cross tie borders and we have ran out of ideas on how to REALLY combat them. BUT the main problem is the neighbors do nothing to combat them on their property so this is like, well let's just say it is not helping fix the problem.

That plus everyday this crap happens stuff is all getting on my nerves. WHY can't things just ALWAYS go perfectly smooth and fall right in to place.
    Oh wait that only happens in FAIRYTALES...lol.

But I also suffer from SAD and I HATE FALL/WINTER, I have no get up and want to do anything when everything is dead or dieing and SO took out our whole garden this week so no more tomatoes or beans on anything so yeah, I am a little down. I need to get some seedlings started of fall/winter stuff BUT when you have this it is hard to get motivated to do what needs to be done.

AHHHH but this too all shall pass. Either I will find a dream place to move OR I will go completely insane, either way I'll not have to care about it anymore....HAHAHA

:) See, I have the right attitude after all...lol.

OK, I will ask ONE MORE TIME, is there ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS OUT NOW???? SPEAK UP OR FOREVER STAY IN THIS SWAP TIL THE END....muuuaaaaahhhhhaahhhaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1294881}}

{{gwi:1294885}}

{{gwi:1294887}}

I wasn't sure what you needed to help with the stress, Fran....so I tried to give you a buffet of everything! :O)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Well, I see everyone is so optimistic about this! LOL

Ummmm, Fran, am I understanding you right? You are upset about having TOO MANY plants? I don't think there is a gardner alive that hasn't brought home plants with no where to put them! LOL
    But, if it will make things easier for you, I'll send you my addy and take them off your hands! hehe
    Why don't you just stick them in the ground where your garden was? Then worry about it next year.

Bunny, I don't think anyone PLANS to drop out, but unfortunately we can't plan everything and life happens. I don't think you meant it that way, at least I hope not. I think we have a good group here that will follow through unless they really can't for some unexpected reason.

Deb, opening it up for more ppl would be fine with me, but, I don't want to have to decide who can play and who can't, I feel bad for the ones that were voted out before and I think a couple of them would have made a great addition to this group. I LOVE your idea of "simple and fun"!!! And I think if everyone stops worrying about things that is what we will have : )
    I'm glad your feeling better, the crud is starting to come through here again too! YUCK! I had to take Zack to the "drop-in" day care last week and of course he brought it home and I'm starting with it today *sigh*

As far as December, I vote an inexpensive ornament/decoration exchange with a $10 limit. (don't know about the rest of you, but it's a tight month here and I don't see the need to go crazy for a swap)
    I like the hand made idea, but don't want to commit to the time it might take, I'm not that talented, LOL

January, I vote just keep it open and give us a break.

October, we can decide in September.

I know everyone is reading and lurking in the background, hehe, so why don't you share your opinions please.

This is the list as of right now:

November---
    17-debbya/Deb

December---
    Holiday Swap!

January---
    Open

February-
    18---vic_zn5/Vic

March---
    20ncgardengirl/Fran(NC)(ME)

April---
    10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)

May---
    17 nikkineels/nikki

June
    12---diene/diene
    July---
    17---galium/Mariann

August
    23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---
    26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa

October---
    ???

See how easy that is?!?

Vic

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Wow, that's the best buffet I've seen in a long time! WHERE do you go out to eat at, and can I come? Of course, I would need a doggie bag and just bring that last course home with me! hehehe

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

diene,
    I sent you an email, and I know it tends to go to your spam folder, lmk if you don't get it : )

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hey all! Dan, sorry that you won't be in this one. We'll miss you. Fran, you should still send us Dan's questionaire - just for kicks! I'm sure we will be swaping with him in some group later on. Ok, I have another option for our months. We could take December off because it is so crazy and hectic. Then we could move everyone up a month. This would mean you get your goodies the month before your bday which may be pretty neat. Gives you a chance to be spoiled two months - one by us and the other by family. Just a thought, I'll be happy with whatever the majority wants. I vote no on opening it back up. I think that is a benefit to Fran posting it early, gives us a chance to see who is commited. Talk to you all later. Nikki

• diene
    15 years ago

Hello All;
    Well let's see, Vic gave me June which I am thrilled about and now we have January to worry about. My suggestion is to either forget about January since I will be buried in snow but those of you in a warmer climate may not agree. I cannot send plants in January unless they are indoor plants.
    Moving everyone up has some merits but some people do not have family to spoil them and for that reason, we are their family. I do not think we should move people without complete agreement.
    Got to go now.
    diene

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hi all - now that I am over the flu (not a bad bout just inconvenient!) and got a grip on the Principal at my daughters school - no, not around his NECK like I wanted! Bad deal with death/bomb/gun threat's against the cheerleaders - yes, my daughter is one - because one English class had to read a book about popular vs. non popular school mates. The teacher told them that the media was right in saying that it was understandable and some other B.S. about any kid that has EVER been teased, made fun of or any of other things that happen to us all as we grow up has the right to defend themselves with any means at their disposal. Then the discussion turned to bomb making and they all looked up how to make them with the teacher present on the net and then had a discussion on which one would be best in what setting!!!! Any way.... My daughter came home last week telling me that several students had a 'preppy B*&^%$es must die' list and pictures of a bomb, they had made. The Principal called a meeting with the students telling them that there was nothing to worry about and to just ignore what they heard - no need to involve the parents!! I contacted several of the other parents and we went to the Sheriff. The guilty party's that started this, the teacher & that JERK of a principal have been dealt with! GRRRRR.... Probably nothing would have happened but these things need to be dealt with .... The principal has NEVER called or spoken to any of the 'list' parents but did send out a letter saying that he has the sheriff's department involved... What a crock of **** Us parents are the ones that got them involved and are having them patrol the games! He didn't even have the ****'s to show his face at the football game on Friday and that was when the kids where planing to put their plans into effect! GRRRRR.... on to better things.....

Melissa - yes I love the idea of having a "New Years Resolutions" swap! not that it would do me any good cause I alway fail at them LOL but it would be fun if someone else could tell us what the resolution would be, maybe do kind of a spoof resolution : )

Fran - Secret SANTA!!! has one YES vote! these are so fun :) I am all booked for October though - several swap here and with a craft group & my daughter volunteered me to help with homecoming, 2 concession stands each week of October and fund raising for the freshman class... Maybe if it is something simple I could do it though :)

Have a great evening everyone - now I have to go find a Wyoming Cowboys Hat - daughter's boyfriend is having a birthday and that is what she 'haaaaasssss' to give him...
    being the Mom of a 14 year old girl is so much fun - ya right!

I need to stop over at the MNF's and see what is going on for the weekend... I need a pool party with all the extra's! LOL
    Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

OhMyGoodness, Marie!! That is horrifying!! I can't believe that the principal just shrugged it off like that! I WOULD have rung his neck!
    Good grief, you must be going between feeling terrified for your child & rage over the entire situation.
    I have a solution, though......
    Step right up to the buffet, Marie!! There's plenty for everyone! :O)

I like the secret santa idea for December, too. Sounds like lots of fun. But, I'm up for anything. I just like swapping! :O)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ALRIGHTY THEN this is it for now.

As Vic (THANK YOU AGAIN) has posted the above list is how it will proceed.

I personally do not want to move the months up or down because I AM ONE WHO NEVER EVER GETS ANYTHING FROM FAMILY!!! Not for Valentine's Day, Not for my B-day, Not for Mothers's Day, AND NOT FOR CHRISTMAS with the exception of this past year my best friend who I had lost contact with and found again in Aug. last year purchased an 8 quart pressure cooker for me. So that was just a fluke thang I guess.

AT ANY RATE MY POINT IS: I WANT TO KEEP MY MONTH to actually make it actually special for me! OK THEN...

With this post this one has once again reached 150!!!!!!!
    2x now wow!!!