Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Birthday Bash details continued

Posted by ncgardengirl z7 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 26, 08 at 15:09

Well, can you believe it. We reached 150 on the original posting.

I will not post the "Rules" again just yet. We will continue to work out the kinks and so on and so forths. Then post the formal stuff later on.

We can pick up here where the other conversing left off.

:) Fran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Birthday Bash details continued

Wow, we reached 150 already! ;)
I think we basically have everything almost figured out. Hopefully, this doesn't turn too complicated. Let's keep it fun and simple!

Hugs,
Deb

o

fun and simple sounds good to me too! just let me know what we're doing, and when, and I'm there.

and now, a word from our sponsor.....

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

OH DAN...I WANT SOME!!!!

Thanks alot...you know I can't have it :(...boohoo.

Yes, Deb. I think so too. But some may STILL have questions to ask. You never know...hehe.

And we STILL like to gab...hehehe

o

Fran-Just a thought. It might help if everyone has their exchange page up to date. I usually refer to exchange pages a lot.

Dan-Give me a spoon!! On second thought I can't eat that Boo Hoo....SmileyCentral.com
Mariann

o

Mariann...dry your river, your rainin' on my parade I was crying first...lol. (there is SUGAR FREE BLUE BUNNY, YUM...hehe)
And yes, I figure and updated exchange page is a given...shouldn't have to ask ANYONE (hemm, hemm Pixie) to UPDATE there list, now should we?

Where is everybody?

I will try to get the questionnaire complete tonight and email it out. IF I do not get it done tonight, it will be tomorrow night.

LAST CALL, if there are any questions you might wish to include please send them asap.

o

WHAT WHO MEEE??? UPDATE??? hmmm I know I know I need to, sheesh my secretary quit yesterday before she could do everything I asked. lol

We have a birthday party to go to this evening, actually should be there right now, a fish fry thingie. But neither fox nor I are ready lol. Oh well, here things go on forever so its not bad

HMM I don't have any more questions lol I tyhink you have it covered girile girl

o

I need to update my GW page, it's not current at all.
I can't think of any questions either. ;)
Better get back to checking email, I have a lot of it to go through.
I have a taste for icecream, Thanks Dan!

Photobucket

Deb

o

Didja HAVE to eat the bunny, Deb?? I mean..really!? LOL

Although...I just got finished looking over my credit reports tonight... UGH... Definitely depressing. I sure could use some Ben & Jerry's! :O) But I'm a NEW YORK SUPER FUDGE CHUNK kinda gal. Or CHUNKY MONKEY. That's more fitting right now, I think! LOL

o

HMMM I can't symphathize with ya'll for the ice cream bit lol hmmm I can't symphathize with the entire sweet thing lol I am just not a sweet person lol. I do like cheesecakes occasionally and chocolate sheet cakes and those betty crocker (I think) bowl things once in 6 or so months but for sweets just give me a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of red plum jam and a glass of real cold milk with no ice ty. HMMM NOW every every once in awhile I will eat a hot fudge/hot butterscotch sundae from DQ but thats a very rariety. I wonder what is wrong with me when I hang out with friends and read posts about sweets lol. I really am a nice sweetie lol just don't like to add to my sweetness I guess lol. Which reminds me... how long will a chocolate bar in the freezer last? I am going on two years for one of the king sized Hershey's bar, I take a nibble when I NEED a fix and its just now past the halfway mark, chocolate will last right?

o

Fran-Another question I thought of. It may be on your list already.
1. Do you feed birds?

o

Nope Mariann, thought nothing about the birds, but I sure will add that before I send it....that was a good topic there! Thanks...

Glad I didn't send this last night then too.

o

That's a good question, too! I guess I don't think much about birds, since we don't feed them (we DO have houses for them, though) but they're everywhere ANYWAY (they love the choke cherry & mulberry trees). :O) But that would be good to know, because I've seen TONS of really cute bird houses & feeders on sale. Lowe's had some marked down to just $2 -for WOODEN ones! Just didn't want to buy any & have them taking up space if I didn't know someone specifically to send them to. :O)

I have an off-topic question for ya'll. What's the best way to package AV leaves for shipping? I'll bet Deb will know. :O) But I was just wondering, because I have some really pretty ones I'd like to share, but haven't yet...since I didn't want to send anyone a pile of squishy green mush. LOL
Blech.

o

I love feeding the birds, and decorate a little with bird items (Marjolein Bastin/Hallmark) stuff. I don't like fake looking bird things, only natural looking pieces.

For those leaves Melissa, freshly pick the leaves the day of shipment and pop them in a baggie (make sure to water the violets the night before). That's it! The person then rinses the leaf well, gives it a fresh cut and plants it in soil. Little plants pop up from the soil line with in a couple of months. Divide the plantlets once large enough to handle, one leaf can make up to 10 babies, depending upon variety. Some leaves can take up to a year to produce a baby. I ordered leaves from South Africa that took exactly a year to produce. The reason for the long time is OLD, outer leaves. I usually send smaller leaves. They don't produce as many babies, but you will get babies quicker. And you can re-use the mother leaf over and over until it perishes.
If you want you can add a tiny piece of wet paper towel to the leaf tip. Some do this, I do it occasionally with a delicate hybrid. Add shredded newspaper to the box, or wrap the leaves in a newspaper envelope, add some tissue paper or styrofoam peanuts. The leaves I ordered from South Africa were in transit 15 days with no wet paper towel tip. I then soaked the leaves in a sugar solution (pinch of sugar to a half cup of warm water, overnight to plump the leaves) back up. Violets are really hardy succulents. People think they are delicate, that's totally a myth.

Photobucket

Deb

o
Questionnaire were just sent out

Wow Deb, I always thought AV's where delicate little things too.
That all is so freaking amazing! I would have never guessed...since I have managed to KILL quite a few...don't ask, I don't know...I think maybe overwatering? Most tend to basically "melt" on me...could that be it? I think they are pretty, they just hate me. :(
BTW, Cute little tweeter there...hehe

Ok, as promised, I got the questionnaire out tonight, I added and tweaked a few things that is why it was this late. But everyone should have them in their emails IF you can not open it I will send it to you as an email, IF you have to do this then CCP it onto notepad save it and when you are ready you can just send it back to me as a file OR CCP it back into you email and email it back to me.
Just remember to get them filled out (at your convenience).

o

Hey Bunny, just a little FYI, I love bird houses and feeders! : )
Vic

o

Gosh, just come out and say HINT HINT HINT, why don't ya, Vic! LOL :O) I'll keep you in mind...and probably lots of others in this group too, while I'm at Lowe's this weekend! :O)

Thanks, Deb!! I have only gotten a leaf in the mail ONCE, and that was the beginning of last summer...so I couldn't remember how it was sent. I didn't really know how to use it, either...so I just slapped it in some dirt! LOL It took about 2 months before I saw any growth, but now it's a big, healthy plant that blooms all the time. I am definitely in love with the violets, now. I've only got 5, all different colors, but I want MORE MORE MORE. :O) They're just so darn pretty!

Fran~ got the questionnaire, and I"m filling it out as I've got time. Which means...5 minutes here and there. LOL
Hopefully, I'll have it finished before NEXT September! :O)

o

Oh Bunny,
I loved your answers, you had me to the point of cackling, you are too funny, you do know you skipped a few though right....lol.
I have a mental image of the kiddos swinging from anything movable there...lol.
I can only imagine what we are in for for the rest of the answers...lol.

Thanks for sending it.

I meant to ask you all to read through the questions before you answer, because some a general and some are specific. But I forgot to say that I think.
Ok, going to check the other one I got, at least I think there is another one...lol.

o

Um, yeah...my kids are pretty..uh...well, they are KIDS. LOL If they can swing, climb, bounce, jump over or dangle from it, they will. :O) It's a good thing we're out in the country where we've got trees, trees and more trees for them to play on.

My 9 year old climbed out of their skylight last summer (the boys' bedroom is a converted attic, and they have no windows, just sky lights) and climbed across the roof to get a toy they'd thrown up there. Now....if you've seen pictures of my house, you know the roof is anything BUT flat. It's got more peaks & valleys than Dolly Parton & Queen Latifah put together.

Yeah, they like to give me a heart attack sometimes. LOL (not Dolly or Queen Latifah...I mean the kids!) :O)

But, if I forgot to answer any questions you think I need to, Fran, just let me know. I was a little distracted when filling that out.
Can't imagine why. :O)

o

Bunny, I was trying to be subtle! LOL

Fran, I've been working on my autobiography, er, I mean questionaire! LOL
Some of them I have to give some thought to and that takes me awhile! LOL
Plus, I was up most the night with a sick child "sigh" all it took was a few hours at daycare and he caught the crud! He gets that deep croupy cough that keeps him/us up all night.

Vic

o
help please

I need some help please!
If anyone has power point could I email you something and have you open it and email or fax back to me please!!! It's for a job app. and I can't open it!!

Thanks a Bunch
Vicky

o

Oh Vic, I'm sorry. Nobody likes the crud, to bad he picked it up on the first trip to what was 'posed to be fun. Poor lil' feller.
Vic, you will thank me when you receive your nicetys. LOL. Wouldn't want any unpretties now would yah?

Bunny did you save it? If you did then just scan back over it, if you didn't I don't really think it will be a problem you only had a few missing.

There is no big rush on the returns we all have until the end of September to finish them, so really take your time.

Bunny just thought she like me might be an airhead and delete the emails, she decided she might just need to go ahead and get it done. For me as soon they arrive are going straight into the BB folder! NO LOST INFO that way ;)!

OK, I think I am off to go take a nap. We aren't feeling up to par around here lately either. I haven't felt great since I got whatever bug it was I got last week.

o

ME? An airhead?? No, un-uhhnnnn!!
I'm just a little...distracted...yeah, that's it...

o

Hi All!
I hate to add to the list of ?'s, but could you put on there if you would like to get subscriptions to any magazines, and what kind?? Please. I put that at the very end of the ?'s on mine.
Thanks,
Vic

o

Vic-Great Idea!!!

o

Oh, ya might also want to put any subscriptions that you already have, so ya don't get the same one!

o

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. We have no plans.

Guess I will be working on filling out my questions. lol

o

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I have thought of a couple more questions I think should be added to the questions. I will email these to everyone along with what Vic wanted to know, you can just email them back to me and I will add them to the questionnaire myself.
So no one will have to do anything other then answer these and email them back. I will do the rest.

Thanks everyone...hope someone is grilling out, I wish I was. A lot of ppl around here are, I can smell it..lol.

Dan I STILL haven't gotten my Ice Cream...lol. I want it, but it doesn't like me in the slightest, nope not at all.

I will get those emails out as soon as I can.

Ok Well, everyone enjoy. Hope everyone is having a really good weekend.

o

Hello all,

I am still waiting on the extra questions I sent through email to be returned. OR you can just attach it to the bottom of the original.
As long as it gets on there...
I hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend.

o

Fran-How about gift certificates???

o

I don't remember seeing that question either, Galium..but maybe it was one of the ones I overlooked, huh Fran? :O)
I think gift certificates area great idea, either way. Alot of the online seed & plant stores give them, and most of them have an "email" option...so you wouldn't necessarily have to wait for the paper one to arrive in the mail.
That way, we could send gc's to the birthday's in the months when we can't send plants, and that person could pick what they wanted.

o

Good Morning All!

Mariann that's a great idea!
I would love a gift certificate, and Bunny like you mentioned they have online ones, and if we sent it to the person via email we could add the amt. we saved on postage to the cert. to help pay for their postage when they order. (does that make sense?)
We would just have to be carefull with the in-store ones and make sure who we send it to has that store in their area, but most stores have web sites that you can look that up on....

Also, I wanted to mention (I forgot to put it on my questionaire) You don't have to feel that I need a box full of "stuff", what I mean is..... I mentioned on my questionaire that I really need some good hand pruners, I would not go out and buy myself a good $15-20 pr of pruners, (I know, I'm cheap! lol) so if someone were to get me a pr I would be happy with that as the only thing in that box, same goes for any other item, like a gift cert. or a really nice wind chime, planter, etc. I don't buy "expensive" things for my gardens so I would be happy with one thing I wouldn't usually spend the money on.....
NOT that I wouldn't also love a box full of little goodies, I'm not trying to make anyone think they have to buy one expensive thing.
I am trying to word this so not to offend anyone, does this make sense? Maybe I need more coffee?? lol
Vic

o

Makes sense to me, Vic! I think you're saying that 1 or 2 "quality" items would make you happier than a box full of "fluff".
Is that right?? :O)
I think most of us feel that way, although...I am one of the worst ones for sending the "fluff"! LOL I just have issues with sending a half-empty box. (I know..it could be considered "half full", huh??)
And I think that's what Fran had kind of touched on in the swap rules, isn't it? If someone found a garden item that was xxx amount of money, then they shouldn't feel like they had to "fluff" the box with little things, simply because it's only half full? (and the triple x has nothing to do with content....I hope.....)

It's the quality & thought...not the quantity, right? :O)

So, I for one, would NOT be offended if someone said "Hey, bunny....knock off the fluff, a'right???" Because, honestly...I just want the receiver to LIKE their box...and if they'd rather not get bunches of stuff, then I'd prefer the honesty, ya know?? :O)

Uh..yeah...I think I need coffee, too! LOL HURRY UP DECEMBER!!!!! :O) I'm gonna have me the BIGGEST, most CAFFIENATED cup of coffee I can find. Merry Christmas, ME! :O)

o

Bunny, "If someone found a garden item that was xxx amount of money, then they shouldn't feel like they had to "fluff" the box with little things, simply because it's only half full?"
That's what I was trying to say! LOL!! Of course, it doesn't even have to be store bought, a box of homemade jams would be a great gift!! HINT, HINT! LOL

o

Geez whiz ya'll, you know what I remembered I forgot to put it on there when I started getting the mag. sub questions back. BUT I started putting those questions where they got and formatting the form the way it needed to be for all of them to look the same, AND GUESS WHAT? I forgot again...confused

Ok so NOW ya'll gone make make me send ANOTHER email Photobucket
hehe, I just BEGGED not to shoot the messenger.

Ok I will, but just KNOW this time....it ain't me...lol

Ya'll check your boxes again cause guess what? Photobucket

Photobucket

I SOOOO SORRY....
BTW any one heard from Marie? She hasn't answered any of the emails I have sent and she hasn't posted to this thread since she signed on. Anyone know if she is ok?

o

OK LADIES I stopped reading at the FIRST bunny post at, yeah I DIDN'T SEE IT EITHER FRAN...(humm, not point fingers aeh?...lol.) And went straight to the I am SORRY post for myself. Then went back a read this issue below.

Let me address the issue at hand.
Vic I understand exactly what you are saying. I pass up stuff all the time because well, I am Frugal!!! I will NOT spend a lot of money on myself for much of anything. If I see something and it is more then I would pay for it, I walk away.
I either wait until it goes on clearance or I lose it all together. Not that I am cheap, it is that my mom was a single parent and I grew up that way. I ended up being a single parent as well but even before that it was instilled in me to watch every penny and some things were not a HAVE to have and those you just don't get.
However, IF it goes on clearance and is marked down enough for me I will buy it, even IF I don't need it at the time. My SO thinks I am crazy, when we first got together my boys were little, BUT I had seen Levi jeans on clearance for 2.00 bucks each I purchased every pair that was left in the size I knew my son would grow into. I think it was like 8 pair. I put them up until he could fit into them...and you know what those some jeans cost when he DID need them? Yeap you guessed 18.99 a pair! Yes, it took a LONG time for him to need them but hey, look at what I saved!!!
OK, SORRY I swayed again, just making a point. BACK to the POINT!!!
IF you see something on clearance and it was 20.00 and you pick it up for 5.00 or even less, say it is Vics good pruners she is dreaming of., YOU KNOW it is worth 20.00 and she will pretty much knows it too, cuz she PASSES up those same pruners because she will not spend that money on them at original price. BUT NO ONE but YOU knows exactly what you spentOK now, it is up to you whether or not you wish to include something else, if you feel good about that purchase and you want to just mail those with a B-day card then have at it! Stick them in a postage bag for all I care and ship them away!!! Again going back to the CHEAPEST METHOD POSSIBLE TO SHIP AS WELL!

Bunny YOU did a good job girl on your explanation even pointing out that I tried to touch on it in the original thread. That is right, and exactly what I am saying.

Again, let me say, if you feel good about the fact that you found an expensive item to send and you got it dirt cheap and dont think you need to fill up a box then by all means please ship it to the recipient via the cheapest means available to you and pat yourself on the back for a job well done! The person receiving I am sure will be grateful for a NICE gift and will not shun you for it. AND THERE AGAIN IF you decide to do something like this and you feel guilty about it OR think someone will have hurt feelings over it then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE contact myself OR Pixie OR both of us and tell me/us what it is, how much it original cost NOT HOW MUCH YOU PAID FOR IT! And that you want approval to send the item. REMEMBER this is ALWAYS an OPTION AND WAS POSTED IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD!

NO ONE is going to chide (express disapproval) over a nice gift! I know I wouldnt I need some new things myself and a good pair of pruners would not be scorned if that was all I received. NOW THAT BEING SAID

BUNNY DEAR.me LIKES FLUFF TOO!!! .lol

I think I am done for now.

o

I am the QUEEN of fluff, Fran.
You SHALL receive fluff. :O)

o

Melissa-I was going to call you the fluffy bunny. Look at all the hair on that rabbit!!!LOL

I got a gift certificate for Deb last year. It was great because I didn't have time to shop.

I try not to add fluff to my boxes. Nor do I shop the dollar store for swap boxes. Not saying that I don't shop there for myself LOL....I do stock up on items I see on sale. I've never seen a pair of good pruners on sale though. I don't know why but there are never any good garden product sales around here. I did mention to Fran that I do a lot of crafting. If I can, I like to add something that I've made to a swap box. I love getting homemade items. There are so many clever and talented members on the GW.
OK that's enough out of me.
Mariann

o

Vic brought up something that I'd like to know.... Well, I KNOW where she stands, LOL, but with everyone ELSE...
If you would LIKE to receive a jar or 2 of homemade jam/jelly/preserves in your box, please email me.
Let me know your preferences (flavor & size of jar - I have 8oz & 16oz), and I'll be sure to mark it in my BB folder.
I currently have grape, strawberry, blueberry, apple cinnamon (this is more syrup type, great for pancakes & french toast!), cinnamon grape, kiwi pineapple, peach...and I'll be making some orange marmalade soon, too. And what ever other flavors tempt me! LOL So just give me a list of your favorites, and if I have one, I'll send it to you.

I have lots made up, and honestly....I've already given many away to family, and there is only so much you can eat, ya know?? :O)

Vic~ Be sure to let me know what flavor YOU'D like!! :O)

o

OH MY GOSH I AM SUCH A DINGBAT...I typed up a message eariler and I apparently didn't hit SUBMINT...the SO want the puter and I must have thought I hit it but really hit preview the freaking message!!!

OK Here goes again....

OH THAT POOR RABBIT, at least I HOPE there is a rabbit amoungst all the fur. Goodness. No galium it's look at all that HARE....HEHEHEHE I have yet to see a set of GOOD PRUNERS on sale either, that was just an example...LOL.
You know what I haven't ever seen on sale either? A REALLY REALLY good set of knee pads, I mean the ones you strap on to your legs. I am gonna find me a good pair of those sometime though...I usually sit on a 5 gallon bucket to do what I need to do, BUT sometimes you need to be lower than that and my knees just can't take being on the ground. Those little "pads" you can buy. I lose those, OR I forget to pick it up and take it to the nest spot, and really I need 2 or 3 to make it squishy enough to be comfortable. THEN guess what happens? Yep, the dang thangs start a'slid'n on yah. Not pretty!

BUNNY, sounds so YUMMY!!!
I am SOOOO gonna have to learn how to can...MY mom and gdmom did it all the time way back when, mama still does from time to time when she feels like it. Which she don't much anymore at all.
That gene I think just past right over me, mom and grams both used to make jellies and perserves. All flavors, we didn't much ever have store bought. They bake pretty much everything too.
Yet another gene that passed over me or passed through me, lol. It isn't that I can't do either one, it is more of I don't want too. They both make such messes and I am the one who has to clean it all up.
However, I just MIGHT try it next year. (SURE I will) I have a pressure cooker, I COULD! :D

Anywho, I am not opposed to Gift Certs either, however, it goes back to that I wouldn't buy myself something expensive. I would hate to take something an spend it on me, BUT you know what? On the other hand my kids are grown and gone, so really this is ME time so WHY shouldn't I get soemthing really nice I want for me??? I need all sorts of stuff in my garden...
I'll tell you what. IF and that is an IF anyone does get me a GC, then you MUST include a note that reads...This is good for the purchase of one or several NICE Fran Gifts ONLY....LOL.
Yeah, I know I'm a nut! but Pixie's a PECAN. Where is that girl anyway? I bet she's a'sleep'n since she had that nice long weekend.

Where is Dan? I figured we would've had a chime in from him by now?

Heck for that matter where is the rest of the gang? No one has said whether or not they have heard from Marie?
Would like to hear something from her...anybody?

o

Mariann, ya I know what you mean, seems the only pruners I see on sale are the $7 ones marked down to $5, and Yep, that's what I have! lol

Melissa, you caught on to that quick! LOL
I wanted to do some jams and other canning this yr, esp after you were talking about it. I always had apples, pears, raspberries, and plums to can in MI from my yard. I went to the market to get some fruit, peaches were $36.00/bx!! And other fruit was just as high, even apples are expensive out here. I sure miss all the orchards back home!!

Fran, have you ever tried knee pads before? I had a pr years ago when we were doing ceramic tile, it might have been that they were a cheap pair, but they would pinch the back of my legs as I got up and down. Anyone else tried them??
I sent Marie an email yesterday. The last time I heard from her was last week when I was trying to open a power point thing.
Dan and Paula have popped in on the new mnf thread, he has been sick and Paula is there taking care of him, he is doing better. Rumour has it they are getting married soon!!
Fran, you really have to "get out" more LOL!

Vic

o

I received and am trying to finish my questionnaire but all this concern about what to send makes me crazier than normal. What ever happen to "it is the thought that counts!" If everyone put in their box what they would like to receive taking into account climate differences, no one should complain.
A gift certificate or magazine subscription is a very nice gift but not very personal. I suppose it would be easier if you found life crowding you but I hope not to send either. I also hope that whatever I send will be appreciated by the receiver for the effort it takes to pack a box and send it.
My two cents!!
diene

o

Diene,
Yes, a magazine subscription or a gift certificate may seem very impersonal to some, that is why the questions were asked. I myself would like either of those and if for some reason anyone is very busy in a paticular month (life happens) it is nice to know who would or would not want such things.
Also, someone mentioned the gift cert. for the winter mos. when plants could not be sent, that way if the choose to they could still "send a plant"

I also think that Fran wanted the questionaire to help people personalize things even more. And there are ppl that like to make crafts that can be very time consuming and it really would be ashame for them to spend that much time on something that someone doesn't want/use, even though they would appreciate it for the effort and thought it would just end up in a drawer or given away.
Fran is just trying to make this special for everyone involved and I'm sure when we are done with the "set-up" it will run very smoothly and hopefully not continue to make you crazy. : )

I am also pretty sure that everyone will appreciate their boxes just for the thought and time put into them, I do think it's nice that I can customize them a little more than I usually can in a regular RR.

Vic

o

Yall crack me up! It is so funny to read all the posts at once and see how everyone is really trying to make sure no one's feelings are hurt and that everyone receives exactly what they want. I'm starting to think I need to take notes... Diene - put together a box, Vic - a gift certificate is appreciated, Fran - some super duper pruners, bunny - whatever! I guess that's why the questionaire is so important and quite lengthy. GEESH - took me two days to complete it. But, the questionaire means I don't need to take notes because Fran put so much time and included everyone's ideas. This is going to be tons of fun and super easy thanks to all the planning and everyone's great ideas. It is clear that this is an experienced group of swapers and we will all benefit from the input. I can't wait to get started. Have a great week! Nik

o

Gee Vic thanks for calling me out...LOL...No I DIDN"T know Dan was sick Photobucket I think it is sweet Paula is taking care of him, ahhhhhhh.

Dan sorry your under the weatherPhotobucket hope you feel better soon.

Diene, I hope you understand what the questionnaire is for and actually it was asked if we were going to have one. I DO want this to be something special for everyone and everything Vic said is right on too.
I, personally, would have hated to have given something to someone they would not want or could not use. The main reason for me to start this was hoping to get plants, BUT that can't always be the case and these allow everyone to customize a box specifically for the person it is going out to.
I know there are a lot of questions on there. But in the long run, I hope it helps everyone to decide what to send and help those who receive really appreciate their month.

I know most ppl always say OH THANKS for what I got I am REALLY THRILLED, PLEASED, knowing that is NOT always the case, They are really being polite. If I got something I really couldn't use or want I wouldn't want to tell someone that. This way everyone has a better chance of REALLY sending something to the receiver they REALLY do love, and the receiver really will get something they can and will use.

This way the thought really WILL COUNT because it was really thought about, and when a box is received and is opened I hope the receiver will be able to say WOW, they really did think about ME when they picked/sent this.

As far as Gift Certs go, it is a matter of choice. Maybe a little impersonal, BUT we really don't know how much someone else will appreciate getting that certificate. Because they may have something specific in mind they want to get with it, and will be just as happy being able to pick it out themselves because it is specific to them, and EXACTLY what they wanted.

Ok, I am starting to sound...umm lecturery or something. I am not...I am just saying I want this to be fun, I like knowing WHAT to look FOR for someone. I am Dan's partner in another swap and I just finished getting his stuff together, and NOW I am terrified he is going to HATE everything I am sending. Although I THOUGHT it was a good idea when I had it...lol. Now that I am ready to send I am not so sure, BUT...well now....there you go. Questions are good...

I am sorry if ANYONE feels these questions are not fun and are unnecessary, no maybe this isnt the fun part. BUT I HONESTLY HOPE when the boxes are sent, the sentiment becomes absolutely clear. It is meant to be for everyone to enjoy ALL the way AROUND, giving and receiving. I feel as though these questions will have a major impact on anything that is put in a box that is not plant related, BUT person related. And maybe there will be plants too.
I'm done.

:) LOL....

o

Fran, sent you an email

o
Dan

Fran, I guess I didn't have to send you an email, I could have just directed you to the most recent MNF thread for an update on Dan. He has some serious health concerns right now so if you could all say a big prayer for him please.
Vic

o

Fran, I heard you were looking for me? Well sorry but I was MIA for the last 5 days.... I went fishing : ) and had a wonderful time! I drowned lots of worms and caught only 2 fishes - see NICE fish...
Nice Fish?
NOT! Nice 'fooled ya' picture! This guy is only 5 inches long and enjoying the creek he was born in once again but what a fighter LOL It rained every afternoon and the first day when I was walking up the creek back to my tent I found this:
Old wagon
I am going to have it enlarged and framed - I love this picture, I wish the misting rain would show up better...

Yes, I am working on my questionaire - but now I have more questions to fill out hehehehe All great questions and I will do my best to answer them so that all will understand what I am going on & on about - I tend to do that, ya know...

Marie

o

Well, shut my mouth look at that fish....LOL.
I hope you had fun Marie, I was just wondering where you were.
You were absolutely MIA...lol. At least you had a good time!

I like the 2nd pic too.

I am sure we will all keep Dan and Paula too in our thoughts and prayers. This will be a very trying time for them both. My heart goes out to them.

As Always,
Fran

o
i've got some awesome news!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

HEY THERE EVERYONE, BEEN LOOKING FOR ME???
I just posted my good news in the latest mnf swap thread, so for some of you this may be a repeat. I've been getting some tests run by my doctor this week, trying to get a better idea of how I'm dealing with being a diabetic. I've been diabetic for almost a year now, controlling it through diet and exercise. Well, I've also been in remission for cancer since this past February, and since I'm due to have another panel run soon, my doctor ordered the lab to do a cancer-screening. He called me yesterday and told me the results for this test had come back positive. As you can imagine, this was the last thing I wanted to hear. Today, he called me back and informed me that the lab had mixed up my results with those of someone else, and that I am actually still cancer-free! This news sucks for the other person who is finding out today that they do have cancer, after having been told they were fine, but it makes me want to celebrate! It's been a rather emotional +24 hours here at the house, so I am going to get slicked up, and I'm taking my lady out for some fine dining, and then we're coming home to celebrate some more!

EVERYONE ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND, I KNOW I'M GOING TO, STARTING RIGHT NOW!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Dan I am so glad everything is fine. I was worried.
I hate it for the other person. It is bad. But great great news for you and Paula.
I am very please to know all is well in Danville!!!

VERY GOOD NEWS INDEEDY!!!

o

Here's to everyone. I hope we all enjoy the weekend and for those of us looking out for the storms, I pray we get through them without any harm.
Glitter Graphics

o

Thanks Fran! That looks refreshing! :O) And I definitely could use one of those, after today......

Just thought I'd tell ya'll what my *darling* daughter did today. The 4 year old (that turns 5 on the 26th & is letting the world know it! Seems to think that makes her a "big BIG girl" LOL)
ANYWAY, she was outside playing, and I went outside to get the laundry....she comes running up behind me, past me, and into the house...the entire time hollering "I found a NAKE!! I found a NAKE!!! Come see, boys! I found a NAKE!!" (she has trouble with her S's still.
So I"m thinking...ok, last time she "found a snake", it was really a blue tailed lizard. So I didn't get too worked up.
And THEN....I hear the boys scream "HOLY CRAP!!! AUBENI!! THROW THAT DOWN!! THAT'S A COPPERHEAD!!!!"

OH, $&*#@*(#!!!!! (my exact thoughts, there).
So I run into the house (which was entertaining in itself, you can imagine...) and sure enough, she's holding a copperhead in her hands! ACK!!
The thing is coiled up, head raised...looking for all the world like it's going to sit there all day and enjoy our reaction.
Ok, it was a baby...but this baby was 12" long! ACK!
And Aubeni is enamored with this thing, she's saying "aw...isn't it CUTE??? Look at his little tongue!!"
ACK! Again!!!
I calmly escort her outside (my first impulse is to knock the thing into the next county, just to get it out of her hands), because I didn't want to startle the thing & have it bite. She *very gently* put it down on the side walk...where I *very NOT gently* chopped it up with my garden spade.

She was very upset with me, and still can't understand why I had to kill the poor thing!

I'm just still trying to understand WHY the thing didn't even try to bite her! I asked her many MANY times if it "nibbled" on her or anything, but she swears it didn't. And I can't find any little marks. Granted, the thing is so little that it probably wouldn't have made much of bite..but you can't blame me for worrying.

And this all happened AFTER I found the nest full of mouse babies in the box of the girl's winter clothes! So now I have to scour yardsales for clothes for them before it gets too chilly. Although ,they DO have tights...so I will be putting those on them, UNDER their shorts. At least for a bit. LOL
But just WHY the mice had to chew EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CLOTHING in the blamed box, I can't understand. Wouldn't ONE nice wooly sweater have done the job???

UGH, what a day. I think I need a nap. :O)
And a date with Mr. Pest control guy.

o

Bunny? I hate to tell you this, but you're probably gonna have to just get used to Aubeni playing with the animals. When she was just around 2 or 3, I was sent to find my younger sister, and found her petting a muskrat. She thought it was a puppy. Snakes, dogs, cats, lizards, deer, skunks, raccoons, and birds followed through the years. One of her favorite tricks is to bet someone she can call birds out of a tree, any tree. She makes some good money that way. I call her "Grizzly Lisa" when she does it. Sounds like your daughter might be headed down the same road.

Good luck.

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Oh Bunny!! I'm so glad Zack is still afraid of critters!!
And the mice! I bet you could have cried when you found that, all those clothes! Do you guys have mom2mom sales around there? We had them in MI and I just loved em!

So Dan, did you get any of your sisters animal instincts? LOL

Fran, that does look tasty!

Marie, love the fish! I sure hope you had more beer than fish!! lol

o

Bunny, I hate to tell you this, 1. If there was one that size there are more some where close by more likely than not.
2. Baby copperheads are MORE poisonous than the adults. My niece almost lost her foot and part of her leg because she was bitten by a baby. She was small to though, BUT still. She was 2 and 1/2, she had walked around the front of my sister's boat, it was curled up (I guess) under the tongue of the trailer, my niece either stepped on it OR put her foot down right next too it. She screamed, my BIL looked down saw it, killed it, put it in a jar and rushed her to the nearest hospital. It was like 15 away. By the time they got there her foot and leg had swollen to anreal size. My sister said it her foot and leg turned black almost up to where her thigh connected to her trunk. She said up in that area it was a little bluish black.
The hospital kept her 2 or 3 days, and gave her loads of anti-vemon. They told my sister she may have to have the foot/leg removed up to her knee if it doesn't start getting color back in it.
She was lucky, by the second day it was slowly changing. It was bad though, and she was one lucky little girl.
You know how every family has that "ONE" child that always seems to get hurt? Well she was their's, about 6 months before that she fell out of the sliding glass door which was about 2 and 1/2 feet off the ground and broke her collar bone. She has always been a klutz. Poor kid, one time she shut herself up in the dryer. She almost died in there, when my sister found her, she was breathing really funny, over heated, red faced and well, it was terrible, as few more minutes...

Thank Goodness she made it to be an adult, she is 27 now, amazing...lol.

BUT ANYWAY, BUNNY BE CAREFUL, watch for somemore of those nakes!!! I would bet there are more around there somewhere.
Bunny, hang in there! Good lord, please don't run anymore, I know this was a have to moment. But we'd hate for anything to happen to you girly girl!

I thought that one looked great refreshing too, I knew ya'll would appreciate the gesture...lol.

o

Hi All,

Just to let everyone know, I am going to have to pull out of this swap. I cannot commit to anything for the next year. I am starting back to college and due to the ongoing committment of this group I wont be able to participate.

Fran YOU CAN DO IT GIRLIE GIRL!!!!

I'll be around,
Pixie

o

I might be interested in joining if you want to add a person with Pixie needing to drop out. My birthday is March 29 and that is a good time to plant here so I would like to try to keep my actual birthday. Would that be a problem with there already being someone listed for March?
Anyway, will wait to hear back from you. I did not sign up initially because I think I understood there were going to be 24 packages to mail and that was more than I could manage with the cost of contents and postage.
Jeanne

o

We will miss ya Pixie! ;) Stop by often!

Jeanne would be a wonderful addition to the group. I've traded with her many times (in numerous swaps).

Deb

o

Pixie, I'm sorry you have to pull out! But I do understand and am excited for you going back to school! What are you taking?
Photobucket

Jeanne, we have tried to do just one BD per month, that is why I went to a diff. month and some others have too. I am not sure what the list is right now, and can't remember what month Pix was in.

Oh no, now Fran has to find another moderator....Hmmm, who is going to volunteer????

Vic

o
Jeanne

Jeanne, would you be ok changing months? I just looked up the old thread and see Fran is in Mar.

o

Oops - I didn't think about trying to space the members so there was one per month. Really think if I was going to do this I would want my actual birthday month, so maybe you need to look for someone who wants to be in whatever month Pixie had. Sorry it didn't work out.
Have fun with it!
Jeanne

o

Hmmm...Are you suggesting a career path, Dan?? I don't think I want a Snake Hunter for a daughter...although..she does like the critters. *ick* Today, it's a walking stick, 2 crickets & a rescued chipmunk (the cat was upset at her for "stealing" his breakfast!!)

Wow, Fran! What a lucky little girl!! :O) Sounds like she gave her mom more than one heart attack!!
You're right, Fran...there are ALWAYS more where that one came from. LOL
We figured out where it DID come from, though. Seems my fearless WonderGirl was saving it from the CAT!! He'd brought it over from the field across the road (he's always hunting there) and was bringing it up to show off. He hadn't killed it yet, but he'd bitten it on the belly.
She grabbed it from him, and brought it to show us.
Thought she was doing a good deed. :O)
So that probably explains why she didn't get bitten, it had already bitten the cat & was probably not feeling fantastic from being chewed on. LOL
UGH.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Hopefully, uneventful!! :O)

o
Kitty

Oh, I did want to mention that our cat is FINE. He's swollen a bit, but he's been bitten so many times over the past few years, that, while he's not immune to the venom, he certainly has a great resistance to it. So no worries, there. He definitely is working on life #7 or 8, though. LOL

Vic~ I wish we DID have sales like that around here! It would help out so much. We really don't have many organized groups, though. Even craigslist doesn't do well in this area. I looked at a thrift store, but seems everyone is needing the same sizes right now! Either things are WAY too big, or too small. UGH. It's OK though, I'll find something. I'm looking on Freecycle, too, so something is bound to turn up.
And, like I said...even if it doesn't...they've still got their tights. :O)

o

Fran, I got my envie of pretties today! Thank you so much! They look like some really cool varieties, and thanks for all the detailed info on them!
It was a great day from the po! I also got a Huecherella "stoplight" from Tracyvine, and a huge box of pfp from another wonderful GW member! I just love this place!!

Jeanne, sorry we don't have March open : ( I know you've been around GW for a long time and I'm sure as Deb said you would make a wonderful addition to our group!

Vic

o

Jeanne, I could change, right now I am not in a really great mood to dicuss anything with anyone about much of anything.

CCP'ed from another thread:
I haven't been able to do anything today I spent the day with my mom. I was planning on going there and raiding her yard anyway, BUT I found out we lost my uncle, her brother Thursday.
Gosh, what a day, I got to see my Cousin I haven't seen since my grans passing many years ago. I found out my niece is pregnant again with the second child and my OTHER niece got married....

Anywho, I wasn't close to my uncle, but my mom is taking it sort of rough because it was her baby bro and circumstances the way there where I hope everyone will keep my mom in their prayers. Her health isn't really good either and she needs to find piece with not being able to tell him goodbye and she loved him.

I hope everyone can understand, although I wasn't "close" to him now I was when I was child I loved him still. I would have liked for things to be different in our screwed up mixed up family but that is life and there
is nothing any one person can do to change someone else. I'm talking about my Aunt...anyway, if you all could just say a prayer for my mom I would be greatful...

I have had a long day and I think I will go to bed early.

Thanks for understanding,
Fran

o

Fran, I am very sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle and will keep you and the rest of your family in my prayers.

I absolutely will not allow you to move from the month with your birthday to accomodate me. You have spent so much time putting this group together so I decline being in the group and please, don't you even think of it - I seem to stay plenty busy with the swap groups I am in and I think you will find someone who wants to be included on the right month. I'm glad the members are so enthusiastic and having so much fun. It is fun for me reading your board every now and then to see all the excitement that everyone has about this swap!

Fran, you are just like me - March is a good planting month for both of us before that summer heat sets in!
Bunny, how scarey about your daughter and the snake... and even the poor cat getting into the act. Glad everyone will be okay.

Best wishes on your college studies, Trina. That is great and I hope it is fun in addition to being lots of work. You can do it, girl!

So, excuse me ladies... I read only enough of the rules to be dangerous... first of all not signing up because I decided there was no way I was going to be able to justify mailing out 24 packages and then not even thinking about all the months that were already assigned and I know now that it looked like I was trying to jump in someone else's place - and not just "someone" but Fran who had organized all this. Believe me, it was not intentional!

Anyway, I will see most of you on the other Round Robin Boards. Have fun!

Jeanne

o

Oh Fran, I'm so sorry, and I will keep you and your Mom in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you can get some rest tonight.

Jeanne, I don't think you offended anyone, and even if you don't join the swap you can still stop in and chat with us! We do love to gab!

Vic

o

Fran, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I will keep your mom in my prayers. What is her name? Do you need me to help with anything - help put together the questionaires or something. Don't worry about us right now. Just take some time for yourself. Nikki

o

Oh, Fran...so sorry to hear about that! Of course your family will be in my prayers. Do what you need to do...don't worry about us! Just take the time for yourself. *hugs*

Jeanne~ Even if you don't play with us, PLEASE still come by and chat! With the exception of Dan (lol), this is like a big hen party. :O) We'd love to have you jump in any time!

Whew, we splurged last night & had pizza for supper. Don't get to do that very often, so the kiddos were excited. No matter that the DVD we got from Netflix was so scratched, it wouldn't play! They had just as much fun having a pizza picnic on the living room floor, watching The Princess Bride for the 100th time!
It was WAY too late for me to eat that much pizza, though. UGH!! The heartburn didn't keep me up, but the WEIRD dreams surely did! Purple flying cars, talking root vegetables, scuba diving cats and Ed McMahon handing me my $100,000,000 winning lottery ticket prize check!

Ahhhh....if only SOME dreams would come true!! :O)

o

Fran-Sorry to hear about your uncle. Your family will be in my thoughts.

Jeanne-Sorry this didn't work out for you. It would have been fun having you join us.

Bunny-The snake story is scary!!! Some kids are fearless.

Pixie-Want to here more about what you'll be studying in school.
Hope everyone had a good weekend,
Mariann

o

Thank you all I appreciate it.

Bunny, Purple flying cars, talking root vegetables,(I don't want them talking to me!! hehe) scuba diving cats (have seen a scuba diving dog on TV) and Ed McMahon handing me my $100,000,000 winning lottery ticket prize check! (OMG, I wish he would knock on my door FOR REAL)

I keep having the same dream for the last few days over and over, I am dreaming about a little neighbor boy who keeps leaving his house to visit us and his parents are horrible too him and today I had to have a nap and did it again BUT it was awful. His dad came out to call him, he starts to go to him then turns runs back to me flings himself on my lap cuddles up tightly crying his heart out and I start to cry and say to my SO we can't let him go back those ppl are horrible parents to him. AND WAKE UP...this has been they way most have been. BUT this one was worse...
No, we don't have a neighbor kid in that actual situation. There is one kind of in the same, but not exactly. I don't know if I am just concerned about him or if I am just going nuttier then fruitcake.

OK, sorry, I really went off the beaten path with that one huh? IT WAS BUNNY'S FAULT.... purple flying cars and all!

o

I'll take the blame, Fran! :O)
I, for one, don't think you're fruitcake material just yet. LOL I would be the LAST one to point fingers in that category. Last year, I'm sure some will remember, that I tried to send an un-addressed package to someone in the "surprise" MNF windchime swap! We hadn't gotten partners yet, but knew they were going to be secret, so I had my box ready & took it to the PO. The post lady asks me.."Where's this going, hun?" I say.."I don't KNOW! It's a SECRET!!"
Yeah, you can imagine her look. The same look she STILL gives me today...and she ALSO double checks EVERY box I bring in.

Oh, and I was also looking for my invisible child last year, too. #6. The one that didn't exist then. Even had people looking for her once...in public, since I was convinced she was missing. Told the kids numerous time "QUITE!! The baby is asleep!!" They were like.."uh,,WHAT baby, mom??"

ANYWAY! So the PO thing was just plain DUH...but the baby thing turned out to be a premonition of sorts, you could say. LOL So anything's possible...but you are most DEFINITELY not nuts. :O)
Maybe just a tad stressed, though. :O)
Just my 2 cents.

o

Fran, that is a horrible dream! I've had reaccuring dreams before and they have always been bad ones. I remember seeing on some morning talk show that when you are having one it usually is about something that is on your mind, or when you are stressed out about something. When I would have these I would sit and think about what was bothering me and usually I could make a connection (but not always) Like in the dream you are having, you might be feeling completely helpless about something, like what your Mom is going through, and that is how it's coming out. And of course, it could be that you are worried about the little boy you know. Once I would figure out what the dream was about they would stop.
Zack used to have night terrors, that was a horrible thing! they started when he was only about 6 mos old and he would have them sometimes 4 nights a week, just start crying and screaming in his sleep and I would have to wake him up to stop them. When he would wake up he just looked at me all confused like I was crazy. That's when I started putting him in bed with us (ya I know, mistake!) it was a lot easier on me b/c I was working and sometimes it would take an hour to get him back to sleep.......

Bunny, were those dreams you were talking about or did you really do those things? LOL

ANYHOW....
I was thinking, I went back to see if there were any other June Bday's and didn't see them, but I know Deb was wanting a month that she could get plants in. Would you want to change to June Deb? Then you could get plants for your Bday.
Just a thought.

Vic

o

Well Vic there could be a lot of reason WHY I am having it:
1. I AM concerned over the child in the neighborhood
2. I want a little girl
3. I cant have anymore babies and my children have all moved out
4. I am SURE there is any number of reasons.

OMGOODNESS Bunny, looking for a non-kidWell, I cant say much about that. I used to take my kiddos everywhere with me and if it was a place they couldnt go neither did I BUT every once in a while I would go shopping an leave them home with someone, I would panic and think WHERE is:----- and start to go back to the car and realize one OR both were still at home
But, that is a good premonition to have, I KEEP hoping the dreams I have about getting a little girl will happen some how
I would adopt but good grief it is so expensive and I just can not afford that kind of money. It amazes me there are so many children needing homes BUT they make it so expensive some GOOD people will never be able to do it. Look at all those homes that are being passed over because of the cost involved.

ANYWAY HERE IS THE UPDATED LIST:
January---
22---dan_the_mailman/Dan
February-
18---vic_zn5/Vic
March---
20ncgardengirl/Fran(NC)(ME)
April---
10---flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)
May---
17 nikkineels/nikki
June
OPEN
July---
17---galium/Mariann
August
23---wynative/Marie (WY)
September---
26---hazelnutbunny/Melissa
October---
12---diene/diene
November---
OPEN
December---
17debbya/Deb (Il)

Although November is OPEN for next year Deb wants to have her spot this year for NOVEMBER...If anyone doesn't want to start early PLEASE LET ME KNOW...some have expressed their wishes to go ahead and Celebrate Deb's this November and maybe SKIP NEXT YEAR's NOVEMBER OR HAVE SOMETHING EARLY FOR NOVEMBER AND SKIP DECEMBER...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO...Thanks!!!

Well I better get outside I have LOADS to do and it is cool today...

o

Hello Fran;
I vote for starting this November with Deb then having a small holiday swap and going full tilt in January. That means this group will finish next October and at that point people can decide to continue or opt out. How does that sound?
diene

o

That sounds good, Diene.
If June is still open then, we can have a mid-summer pool party or something. :O) I know Dan will be up for that!

Vic~ Those were actual things I did....NOT dreams! LOL I might have been just a *weeeeeee* bit stressed! Or just plain looney...the jury's still out! :O)

Fran~ Don't give up adoption completely. I know it's expensive, but there are several grant programs out there for those that really want to go that route. They will pay for nearly everything. Some friends of ours are adopting after years of trying to have babies the old fashioned way. I'm very excited for them.

Well, everyone have a good Tuesday ( at least...I THINK it's Tuesday...isn't it??). It's freezing here...okay, it's in the low 60's...but I always freeze until I get used to the cooler weather. Which means..about April. LOL

o

That sounds good to me too!
Start Nov.
small holiday swap and a pool party!!

Dan, don't forget these!

o

Thanks for saying I can stop by to say hello and visit. Between the snakes and the dreams, this group sure has lots of intersting things to read about! I bought a book for my older daughter one time that talked about how to interpret dreams but can't tell you what it said.
Bunny, the story about the "Secret Package" is one of the best ones I have heard. I was in a craft group that used to do secret swaps so I know where you're coming from on that one. We stopped after 9/11 because the post office was not going to like packages without a return address and it was hard to be secret anyway - if you were the least bit on top of things you knew to look at the post mark. Now as for post marks, I had a secret pal on GardenWeb one year and she sent my things to a different place each month and had someone from these various locations repackage and remail the box so I couldn't see where she lived. Now, that is really keeping things secret! I couldn't believe all the effort she went to. I don't see her post on GardenWeb any more, but what a great secret pal she was!
We got a tiny bit of rain this evening. Gee, so exciting to get rain, that I sort of watch it for the 10 min. or whatever that it falls. Not enough to do lots of good, but at least we are heading in the right direction.
Until later,
Jeanne

o

We got thunder and lightening and a few drops, and I really mean drops of rain.
Doesn't much count there huh? I want a secret pal...that is SO neat!!!
And YES Jeanne, we are nothing if not entertaining...lol

Vic the pool is just TOO COOL and WHERE did you find Dan's shorts?

Bunny, I am with you on the 60's thing, for me if we fall below 70 that's it. It is just too cold for me...lol.

I am starting to think DAN abandoned us over here!

Um, I have one for you Bunny, on your no address thing. WAIT until you do an SASBE or something and mail the package BACK TO YOURSELF...(raising hand) How embrassing, AT least you are the only one who KNOWS you did it BUT STILL! Good grief...

Alrighty then, I am sleepy so I guess I will be going to bed now.

Night all,

o

Jeanne, sounds like you did have a good SP! I think something like that would be fun!

Fran, where do you think I found Dan's shorts?!? At the bottom of the pool of course! I was lucky to get them before the other "guests" chewed them up! LOL

o

I would like to do a SP swap too, I think that would be so neat. A lot of work to get it together I am sure but fun.

Vic, as long as you found them on the bottom of the pool then. I was just a little concerned there. I KNEW you had a good explantion ;)! LOL.

Gee whiz WHERE is everyone?

o

Fran and Jeanne, stay tuned for the MNF "March Madness" swap, I have some plans in store!!! (ya I know, it's a long way off) I think it will be fun!

o

Oh Gosh Vic you scare me...lol.

I am not part of the MNF group although I DO pop in from time to time to read the post when there is nothing much going on anywhere else to read.
Yeah, it may be a long way of on your hosting gig but look at me...I posted this WAY early too...lol

BUNNY...goodness I don't know who and all you sent that Jasper story too but it was funny!!!
I knew what was coming on the drunkness BRFORE I got to that part cuz I KNEW yeast ferments...LOL. POOR little dog...I would hate to think how many beers that would have been for a person! She is lucky he didn't spew....EWWW!

Anyway, I guess I might just head for bed, no one is talking anywhere...

o

Fran, MNF is an open group, Diene created it and as long as you are a GW member in good standing you are welcome to join on swaps.

o

Hey, anyone seen my shorts? Oh, there they are! I've been looking for those! Don't mind me while I put them on... there, that's better! hehehe
I like Diene's idea about starting in November, with the holiday and pool party.
I'm still around kids, just have a lot to do right now. The crops are coming in, such as they are, I've been dealing with the docs about my diabetes, and this weekend, while celebrating my B-Day, I'm supposed to start painting the house so I can have it done before Paula gets here the first of October with all her stuff.
Come to think of it, I could use a pool party for a few hours right about now!

And what's up with everyone having all these crazy dreams, and such? And you all blame ME for doing drugs! What I want to know is, are you all willing to SHARE that medication???

TTYL!

o

Well Dan, I'll tell you, it ain't my drugs doing it. I am S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D OUT!!! This much I know. I have a lot going on at the moment. I WISH I had ENOUGH DRUGS to forget about LIFE right now...lol. Nah, I just take whet is thrown at me and go on! Sometimes I deal with it well overs I don't.

If you all could say a little prayer for my son James who is stationed in the war zone right now I would appreciate it. I am so worried about him. I emailed about 2 months ago and told him I knew where his ship was cuz it was on the news and apparently they blocked his email because I mentioned where he was and no one has heard from him since.
I being his Mom and worried about it a lot...there isn't a day that goes by I don't think about him. It is rough not knowing if he is ok or not.

DAN DON'T WORK TO HARD ON THE PAINTING!!! I hope you get the paint that doesn't have FUMES!!! Good grief we are going to have to keep and eye on you...and DON"T be trying to take a dip in the pool whilest you are a'paint'n! AND KEEP YOUR SHORTS ON!

o

Oh Fran! I will pray for him really hard! I didn't know you had a son in the service. No wonder you are so stressed out! I think a lot about our service men/women and what they go through for us. We have a friend who will be shipped out next month, it is pretty scary, and being so far away we can't go see him b4 he goes. I can't even imagine having a child over there!

o

Fran,

My prayers and thoughts are with you, James & the rest of your loved ones! My niece is in Afghanistan - it is hard but we just think good thoughts and send them prayers!

One of my sisters was in Kuwait for Desert Shield & Desert Storm. We had no contact with her for almost a year - like 10 1/2 months! Then she was allowed to send us letters but she couldn't recieve. Hang in there!

Marie

o

He was in Iraq, then he was moved out there. He also married a girl before they both were shiiped anywhere who is in the Army, she was shipped out to Iraq. So I have to worry about her staying safe too.

It is very stressful, the good thing is James will be out in May or June next year, or is supposed to get out of it then. I can't remember when his wife will be out. I try not to think about it all, but you know there is something on the news about it EVERYDAY.
I think it just stinks, so many of our young folks over there...ok, now I am getting of that subject on to think about something more pleasant.

I am thankful to have the internet and have this outlet, at least I have this and gardening to keep my mind off the other so much.

Thanks ya'll just keep him in your thoughts and prayers and all the other men and women over there, they all need as many prayers as they can get.

o

Oh! That's right! Dan's BIRTHDAY is Saturday! (and HEY, that's my & hubby's anniversary, too!) Well, Dan...so I don't forget....

A bit early...but, I probably won't be on here Saturday, and wanted to make sure I told ya! :O)

And..no...no drugs responsible here! Just plain, ol' DITZY for me. Throw in some stress, and VOILA! Instant nutcase! :O) It's fairly normal stuff for me...leaving my cell phone in the freezer, forgetting names, using words in sentences that make NO sense. My kids have learned to crack the mommy code. I will blank out...totally forget words..or substitute words. For instance: "Kid #4 (forgot her name)...yeah, you...after you get done eating your....uh...THAT thing with bread...Please go fold your clean clothes and put them in the bathtub."
Imagine a complete look of "Wha the HEH???" on my kids face. Happens all the time! :O)
That was an ACTUAL sentence, BTW. Said it just today! LOL

Fran~ I have a friend that has 2 sons in Iraq. Both are married, and one's wife is over there as well. Both couples have 1 year old sons. The wife's mom takes care of the one grandson, while the other son's wife stays with her mom. (did that make sense?) My friend is constantly worried about her boys, and she doesn't get to see the grandsons much, either. The couple that are both stationed in Iraq will be going to another base in another country soon, so they'll be out of danger, for the most part. The other son will be out next spring, and will be moving home with his wife & son.

I wish everyone would recognize the sacrifice that these soldiers are making. Some WANT to be over there, some DON'T..but every single one is sacrificing SOMETHING to do their job. Everyone should stand up and support THEM, whether or not they support the situation.

And now, bunny will get off her soapbox.
It just frustrates me....that's all. :O)

o

Bunny, the situations frustrates me too, although I support their decisions to defend their country. I don't agree with the reasons they are risking their lives for.

NOT TO START A DEBATE it is just the way I feel, war is stupid and never really resolves anything, can go on for years and for what? It is just how I see it.
OK NOW FRAN is off HER soapbox!!!

Bunny, I do the samething you do too...I go down a list usually if I want something to do into the fridge, FIRST it is put it on the stove, oven, freezer, OH YOU KNOW WHERE I WANT IT PUT IT IN THERE!!!
It has been a mommy condition for me for years and Thank the great lord I am glad I am NOT the only one doing it.
My kids learned how to read my backward stuff fairly quickly.

I would say stuff wrong THINKING I said it RIGHT and they would just laugh their heads off and I would say WHAT??? They would tell me what I had said, NO...I am SURE I said THIS!!!
You just made me feel SO much better...lol. It is nice to know it isn't just me, BUT now you see why I am not a teacher which a LOT of my teachers wanted me to be...lol. COULD you IMAGINE what THOSE kids would think about it?

:)Fran

o

Hi everyone ! I have been trying to pop on and read .even if I cant post...My daughter has been sick with bronchitis, and had an allergy reaction to the meds they gave her..so now she cant go on another med until the hives go away..and she is miserable...SOO, I pop on when I have a free minute for some laughs..can I jump in the pool with the puppies ? I dont mind a bit of drool, and doggie odor..LOL

Fran, I am soo sorry that you are under so much stress...I find going out into the garden to weed ..even for 15 mins really helps..and coming onto GW..and here is a hug..just incase that will help too ! ((((HUG)))

Bunny, I just love when you tell stories of things that happen, just know we are all laughing WITH you...BTW how is the clothes hunting going ? and are you all set for the baby ?

Dan, I am sorry to hear you had such a scare..BUT I am thankful you are doing well...and make sure you arent "snitching" any sweets..my dad is good at that ! We will make sugar free snacks for the PARTY...too bad I didnt live near you..I love to paint ! (yes, houses..LOL) Congrats on Paula moving in...I wish the two of you the best ! BTW HAPPY B DAY !!! ( gosh are you getting old !grin)

Fran, I agree war doesnt solve anything..and I pray for a speedy homecoming for all of them..and a safe time while they are finishing their time there...

WOW, I just found a pair of swim trunks in the pool again..Im gonna take them and hide them so Dan cant find them...shhhh...dont tell...LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend..and enjoy your gardens, before the COLD gets here !

Kym

o

Thanks Kym your hug made me feel better...lol.
It is amazing how little things we say or do on here can pick a person up.

As ya'll can tell I am having a bad night, I hurt here and there and just CAN NOT get to sleep even though I am sleepy. Guess I will be talking more pain med shortly so I can go to sleep.

I am shocked at how quickly this year seems to be flying by. It just hit me that today is already they 12 of Sept. Wow, so fast.

Anyway, I hope to hear from more ppl soon about some of ur decisions here.

I will get Debs info out to all who are playing soon so we can either start shopping for her OR we can get plants together to send her. MISS NOVEMBER 2008 lol.

Look's like this is where we are going, starting this November. I am fine with that but I need to know if everyone else is on board too!

Well, I am going to TRY to get some rest now.
I will check back later on today to see if anyone has agreed or disagreed with starting this November.

Also, Please keep Pixie in your thoughts and prayers the hurricane is headed toward her. They lost internet and cell phone use yesterday (Thursday) and are planning on riding out the storm there at home. So do keep her and her family in mind.

Thanks and g'night,

o

YAY!! Let's get this party started, Ms Fran!! :O)
I can't wait to send to Deb! She's such a fun person to "shop" for! :O)
(um, yeah...I guess that means I'm on board, huh?? LOL)

We'll definitely keep Pixie's family in our prayers. And everyone else in that area. I know we have many GW'ers in that area. Certainly a scary situation....I really hope old Ike settles down a bit before landfall.
It's due to come our way after hitting Texas, and when it gets here, it'll still be tropical storm status (last news cast I heard). So we'll be getting the flooding rains, wind, hail...and hopefully, that's all.
A tropical storm in Arkansas...who would have thought? This is definitely the weirdest weather I've seen in awhile, I think.

Have a good weekend, everyone! :O)
Happy Birthday again, Dan!!

o

Hey Y'all! Thanks for all those birthday wishes! And, just to let you know, I'm not getting old, I'm aging well! LOL!!! Just like a fine wine, you've got to let me breathe once in a while, and I'll be fine! (and no, I'm not going any further than that!)

And Kym? I need those shorts! They slipped off last time I was in the pool, and I'd prefer to not stand here in my birthday suit, showing off to the world, okay? So give those shorts back, y'hear?!?

Fran, do you have any pets? Like, a cat or a dog? I used to get extremely stressed out, to the point I took myself to see a therapist for a few months. The thing that saved me and my mind (I hear that snickering! hmph!), was my two cats. I'd come home, frustrated and depressed, worn out from the stress of everything. Then I'd lay down, and those two would come lay down on or near me, purring and loving on me. I don't know where I'd be without them today. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have a pet, hug on it awhile when things get bad. And, if you don't have one, consider getting one. They can be frustrating, and a lot of work, at times, but they're well worth it all!

Okay, time for me to go to bed. Can you believe I have to work in the morning? Only the 3rd time in my life I've had to work on my b-day, and I never went to school on it, not even when I was a kid! My parents always kept me home so I could celebrate my "holiday". Cool, eh? Anyway, it's off to bed for moi.
YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT, FUN, SAFE WEEKEND!!!

-Dan (turning 43 tomorrow!)

o

o

Dan-Happy Birthday! Is the Diabetes something you've recently been diagnosed with? Type II? My DH went with me to a Pre-Diabetes seminar/workshop last week. Came away with a meter so I can test my glucose plus a lot of information.

WOW I had a lot of reading to do. Sorry I'm so far behind and haven't posted in a while.

Fran-Warm thoughts and prayers for your son. My dreams are way out there. SciFi heaven!!! When I'm stressed I have reoccurring theme dreams though. Always the same. I'm lost somewhere, no money, can't remember where I live. If I actually get to a phone I can't remember my phone number. I wake up depressed. So I'm with you on the bummer dreams.

Don't get me started on Iraq. I have some very strong opinions regarding that.

Vic-The picture of the pool party is really cute!
Have a great weekend everyone,
Mariann

o

You know I hear from all of you and what ya'll go through too, it makes ma feels SOOOOOO much better.

Thanks Mariann, I think I stay in the SciFi world in my dreams...lol. I have some way out there ones too. Yes, I believe a lot of it comes from stress. I almost always have some kind of stress. When I was younger I thrived on it, it kept me going and helped me pull REALLY long days at work, not anymore...it just STRESSES me out...lol.

DAN YES I have a dog, she is a nitwit, spoiled rotten, little Chihuahua. Sometimes I am so stressed I prefer to be left alone, because when I am at THAT POINT even SHE gets on my nerves. Yeah, I am weird I know...been this way for a long time! But hey at some point something has got to give it will either be me, or all of the stress.

For the most part I let things go, BUT when it all comes flooding in at one time it is hard to filter out everything and that is when I get stressed out and depressed. Worrying about my mom, my son, and my best friend along with everyday events and then when the unthinkable happens is when it happens now.

Funny thing is everybody I know thinks I am so together THEY come to me to talk about THEIR problems, it has always been that way. I am amazed by this, and think IF you knew HOW I felt about that would you REALLY be talking to me? I have been through a LOT in life and small things to me ARE SMALL things, it's funny how ppl perceive things isn't it?
You know like, so what if the dog knocked over your favorite 30.00 vase, pick up the vase--clean up the mess, scold your dog, and go on. Don't forget you got up this morning, so did your dog and the rest of your family! The vase is the small STUFF!
I KNOW what is important but sometimes even for me, I get lost in everyday, or everyday catches up with me and bites me on the buhtooty...

Ok, Fran again is COMING DOWN OFF HER SOAPBOX...who made that thing for us anyway Bunny? (I bet it was Dan, it was Dan wasn't it? He made it for HIMSELF, but us girls hi-jacked that too. Didn't we...Huh? Huh?)

ANYWAY, DAN I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOU B-DAY AND YOU DIDN"T HAVE TO WORK TOO HARD!!!

:)Fran
(Who lost her mind somewhere along the broken path)

o

Photobucket Dan!

Photobucket

o

Thanks Everyone!!! My birthday was great, and very relaxing! Just what I needed!

Fran, I just sent you my questionnaire, and now I have a question. Are we still going to do this, or no?

-Dan

o

Good Morning Everyone!

I have offered to help Fran with this swap, I have some exams coming up in Jan. but after that I will be open. I'm sure any other volunteers would be appreciated too. Although, I also think that we will all be helping out in one way or another : )

Dan, glad you had a good Bday! Are you still wanting to do this? I understand you have a lot going on right now with getting Paula moved in and your health issues, just let us know....

Also, I know there is a really good post from Remy on here about packing and shipping plants, I just have to find it.... when I do I'll post a link so anyone interested can look at it, it even has pics! : )

Have a great day everyone
Vic

o

Did everyone make it through the storms ok??
We FINALLY have our electric back! Yay! Our area received quite a bit of damage from the winds, we had some flooding, And the electricity was out from Saturday until this morning. We were lucky, though...it could have been so much worse. We did lose some food, though...so I'll have to make a trip to the grocery store in a bit. That's nothing, though...not compared to how it COULD have been & how it IS for so many more.

I'm willing to help out with the group where ever it's needed, as much as I can. :O) Just let me know!

Okay, I'm off to the store. I'm gonna close my eyes as I drive past the gas stations, though..... YIKES!!!!

o

We didn't get anything from the storm...not a drop of rain nothing!
I am glad we wasn't in the path of the worst of it either. I have seen so much of the things it did on the news since it happen. Gosh Galv. TX is pretty much wiped out! It is so sad so many ppl as displaced by another storm/hurricane it just breaks ones heart to see all of the destruction. Homes completely gone, like nothing was ever there.

Vic, I am glad you know which post that is that needs to be posted so yes, please will you look for the link and set that up for us for the plant shipping. It is how I have ALWAYS shipped my plants. So it is a good reminder and tip for those who may not be fimilar with the correct way to ship plants.

I haven't heard back for everyone but for the most part those I have thank you I appreciate your responses.

Nikki and Vic said they both would be glad to help moderate, I appreciate that very much.
Bunny offered to help in any way she can too, thank you.
Vic it would be nice if you could figure out HOW to type for me a the moment...LOL...and OUCH!!!

Marianne IS working on some special projects for me to have for this group, THANK YOU AGAIN MARIANN...your the best.
NO we will NOT be revealing anything until it is time for the FIRST B-Day month!

Ok, thanks again everyone. I hope this all turns out to be awesome!!!

:) Photobucket

o

Special projects??? Hmmm.......now I'm curious!! : )

I will look for that link and post it here today

o
Shipping

Ok, here is the link....

Here is a link that might be useful: Preparing plants for shipping by Remy

o

Thanks Vic, I appreciate you posting this. I THOUGHT I posted a thank you eariler, but apperantly I didn't...OPPPS sorry.

Ok, I am heading off to bed now.

Night all.

o

H-E-L-L-OOOOOO
Anybody here???

o

Hi, I'm here. I must confess I've just been lurking this week. Although I've been reading, I haven't had time to post. Thanks Vic for posting the shipping instructions, it's been a while since I've seen them. Dan, I'm glad you had a happy birthday. Has Paula arrived yet? Melissa, I don't know how you made it with no power, all the kids, and the bunny in the oven. Anyone heard from Pixie. I hope she's doing ok. Fran, I hope your family is doing better. I've been praying for you. I've enjoyed hearing about everybody. I can't wait to get started! Nikki

o

Hey all, I had REALLY good intentions about posting something this morning BUT I don't know what happened I ended up getting busy with this and that and talking to a friend about a swap we are planning on attending this coming Saturday.

Well, Nikki I don't want to get started on my family so we will just stay away from that subject ;).

Vic I am with you, WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

? Fran

o

Hey there y'all! I'm here, just been working on re-doing the bathroom walls. I tore out a mirror wall above the sink, re-did a couple of walls, and, when the plaster dries sometime this weekend, I'll be ready to paint. Then it's on to the office where I've got to finish a wall, then paint it. And, after that, it's on to the bedroom, where the approved new color is a light yellow. (GRIN) When Paula finally arrives on October 2nd, I want her to see that I've got everything done as we discussed.

Fran, you had me thinking we were going to disband our little group when you sent out your last e-mail, asking if we should continue. I'm glad to see that we're going for it, and that you've got some help! Yay!!! to Nikki and Vic!

So tell me, have we decided when we're going to start this? When are we celebrating the first birthday?

Take care everyone, it's off to bed for me!

-Dan

o

Wow, Dan! You have really been the busy little man, haven't you?? :O) I think Paula will be pleased....I know I would be!! LOL

I'm with Dan, Fran! (hehehe...that rhymed...*giggle* Can you TELL I"m tired/wired?!) When do we get this party started??!
Where's the bartender?? I could use a margarita (virgin, of course).
Oh....WAIT...I"M the bartender (bar-bunny)....YIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

I've been around....just have had a bad week, very busy. I had to take my dad to an emergency dentist appt. on Tuesday. He had all his teeth taken out the week before (for dentures), and when they did that...they actually took a HAMMER & knocked his front teeth out but broke them off at the gumline!!!!! Which we couldn't see until AFTER the swelling had gone down (For the most part). So he had to go in to yet ANOTHER dentist (100 miles away!) and have some things done. He's got to go back next week for MORE work.
AGH! Poor feller. He's lost over 10 lbs this week, and feels like crap. I'm just mad as a hornet, and hope we can get this taken care of soon. Gee Whiz.

Anyway, much more stuff going on, too....but I'll save the *sob* stories.... LOL! Life is a highway, and I just got ran off the road by an 18 wheeler! :O)

I am sooooooooooolooking foward to the weekend!! A chance to relax! And not have to move off the couch! (yeah, right!!! I can hope!!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

o

Dan as far as I know we are all in agreement to start with Deb this November.
I wanted to make sure EVERYONE was on board with this and the answers I have gotten back SO far have been positive so I am guess from the few I HAVEN'T heard from they are ready to go forth as well.

At this point the majority rules and yes it is a go forth and have a Photobucket SWAP!!!

o

Hi Everyone-Thought I'd pop in and say hello. I'm trying to keep myself busy for the next hour. I have to go for my 6 week blood work check at the hospital. The lab doesn't open until 8:30AM and I have to be fasting. Doing this doesn't bode well for my stomach.

Melissa- You're poor dad. I'd really be pissed off. Who did his teeth anyway??? Sounds like a dentist from the dark ages.

Hey Dan when you're finished I have some work to do at my house!!!

Fran I'm still working on my questionnaire whenever I have a minute.
Have a great day
Mariann

o

Mariann~ That's exactly what I said when I found out! LOL The dentist is about 75/80 years old, so I suppose he WAS practicing back when they just used hammers & pliers and gave the patient a shot of whiskey! :O)

Fran~ How IS everything going in your neck of the woods? I hope everything is settling down, at least somewhat. Need a drink? The BarBunny is in the house!

Vic~ How have YOU been?? Ya come in here and holler at us, but don't stay? Gee Whiz. :O)

Nikki~ HEY girl!! Good to see you!

Okay, Ms. Fran!! PLEEEEEEASE, pretty please with sugar on top....could you send Deb's biography out?? I am finding all sorts of goodies, and have been stocking up...but I'm not QUITE sure what to be setting aside for her. I'm a bit anxious. :O)
Yes, I know it's early.
Please, pretty please???
ppplllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaasssssse??????

I *promise* not to mail her package until November. Cross my heart!!

o

Photobucket

Bunny, I am beginning to think you really are a nut case, but I say that in the most loving way. You fit in just fine with me (big grin and a wink!!!)
I am with Mariann on the Dad and Teeth!!! That is OUTRAGEOUS, Dentist nowadays will not pull all of your teeth at once because of the infectious factor. Well MOST won't anyway. AND BREAKING HIS TEETH!!! That is in INEXCUSABLE I DON"T CARE HOW OLD THE DENTIST WAS, this is unprofessional!!!

I will go a head and send out Debs questions.

I would like to hear from her and a few others.

Mariann, no rush take your time. You still have plenty of time left to get it back Photobucket

ANYWHO, I will speaks to ya'll laters if anyone cares to comment today on anything I will be back to check in!!!

Photobucket

o

Photobucket If you leave the questions the way I have them they will/should print out to be 12 pages, HOWEVER, you can reduce the text size to print it on less pages and smaller.
Just thought I would let you know this is the way I have them ALL set up so if you wish it to be on less pages then you must remember to reduce the size of the text.

Photobucket

o

Well, well, well, didn't everyone just crawl out of the woodwork! LOL

Melissa, your poor Dad! That's horrible, you should report that dentist to the ADA!

Dan, keep up the good work!

I'm going to repost the list of B-days starting in Nov!
Let me know if I mess it up : )

November---
17-debbya/Deb

December---
Holiday Swap!

January---
22---dan_the_mailman/Dan

February-
18---vic_zn5/Vic

March---

April---

May---
17 nikkineels/nikki

June
Pool Party!
July---
17---galium/Mariann

August
23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---

October---
12---diene/diene

IF any of you in the colder months wants to switch and take June so you can get plants speak now, or forever hold your peace! : )

NOW............

o

A nutcase?? FRAN!! I am offended!! I MUCH prefer looney tunes, fruitcake, or nuttier than a pecan sandie. But nutcase?? Ya really know how to hurt a gal, dontcha?? :O)

HEY!! Guess what I just did!! No, I'm not proud of it, and yes..it DOES confirm Fran's diagnosis....LOL....

Ummm...you know the people that are always doing this??

And how we always point, laugh (HA!) and say.."Glad that's not me! How stupid can you get??"

Uh, yeah....I have now joined the ranks of the "destroying public gas station property" nerds.

I'll blame it on the D.I.P.S. (Dumbness Induced by Pregnancy Symptoms).

And BTW....a Suburban drives JUST fine with no gas cap and a tail. :O)

Ya'll may now commence with the laughter and finger pointing.
Go ahead, I deserve it.

o

Oh no Bunny, I am SO sorry about the gas pump thing. At least it didn't break anything when it came loose. I was working at a gas station a LONG time ago and a guy came in with his NICE NEW SHINY BEAMER.
Filled-up, came in a paid ( THIS WAS BEFORE YOU HAD TO PREPAY) and went back out to his car. I saw as he was pulling away from the pump, it was too late. The hose was stretched as far as it was GOING TO and then WHAAAAMMMM!!! It broke loose and CRASHED into the rear window sheild....
It was awful, I had to call the manager, then the police for a report....So count yourself lucky in that respect..

No I am not laughing...I have seen what it CAN do. I am glad it didn't do any damage and greatful they have new break away hoses now adays.

VIC That looks good on the dates and STAY AWAY FROM THE M & M DUDES...hehe Did I get back to u on your email? I can't remember...I have been SO busy today getting ready for the swap 2morrow.

Photobucket

o

Oooh Melissa! My brother did that a long time ago and I still can't believe it. You crack me up with your pregnancy stories. Thanks Fran for sending out Deb's questions. It was really neat reading through all of her preferences. I'm already planning her box. You all have a great weekend. I'm going out of town for a bit of a break. Nikki

o

Suburban with a tail, eh? Hmmm, I'm not giggling, not at all..... not even a chuckle! Well, maybe a few guffaws, but only because no one got hurt, and the car wasn't damaged. Maybe a few laughs too, but that's mainly because of the picture you included with your story Bunny! Oh my!

Now, we're not actually serving "virgin" drinks here, are we? Whatever we're drinking, I've got some cookies here we could all partake of. And no, they're not brownies. Sorry about that, but I'm all out of brownie mix. What kind are they? You sure you want to know??? Really? Wellllll, they're, uhm, sugar cookies, yeah, that's it. They're sugar cookies! hehehe What? You want the recipe? Well, it's just a basic recipe, with a few "special" ingredients added for extra, uh, flavor. Yeah, extra flavor.
TRUST ME!!!
(more giggling)
Now, Fran, I'm putting the finishing touches on a box for Deb for the latest mnf swap this weekend, so it's very timely of you to send that questionnaire of Deb's today. Very timely indeed. You're not psychic, are you? Maybe as a result from a few too many brownies in your wild youth?
(more giggling)
(and no, it's not because of the paint fumes)
Bunny, could you fix me another rum and coke? Oh, you're out of coke? Well, that's okay with me. Just rum will be fine with me!

Oh Mickey, you're so fine
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey, hey Mickey
You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mickey...

Hey Mickey
You've been around all night and that's a little long
You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
Why can't we say goodnight? So you can take me home, Mickey

Cause when you say you will, it always means you won't
You're givin' me the chills, baby, please baby don't
Every night you still leave me all alone, Mickey

Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Mickey
Ooh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey

Hey Mickey
Now when you take me by the... who's... ever gonna know
Every time you move I let a little more show
There's something you can use, so don't say no, Mickey

So come on and give it to me anyway you can
Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man
Oh please baby, please don't leave me in this jam Mickey

Refrain1:
Oh Mickey, what a pity, you don't understand
You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty, can't you understand
It's guys like you, Mickey
Ooh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart, Mickey

o

Here you are, Dan! Although...I think you got started a *weeeee* bit early. :O)

o

Hello Fran;
I would take June and then we can finish with a Halloween swap. Is that okay?
Thanks.
diene

o

Diene, a halloween swap, that sounds like fun!
Vic

o

And, what's wrong with that???

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Hello All,
How is everyone's weekend going? It is pretty cool outside here today. I am not doing much of anything except trying to relax today.

I am cooking up a VERY LARGE stock pot of Fresh Blacked Eyed Peas that come from our garden for supper.

We will be having homemade Bisquits with fresh tomatoes from our garden, and cantaloupe from our garden and fried okra from the neighbors garden.
Sounds pretty yummy huh? IF you like southern foods that is!

And of course sweet tea to wash it all down!

UMMM, UMMM, now that is some good eatin'!

o

Mmmmmmmmm~ Black eyed peas & fried okra!!!

Oh, WOW...does that sound YUMMY, Fran!!
I've got a crock pot full of beef roast...which *sounded* good, until you mentioned the peas & okra!
Wanna trade?? :O)

o

Hello Ladies,
There's no easy way to say this, and I don't want to do it because I've been looking forward to this swap since Fran announced it, but I'm going to have to drop out of it. What with my health going up and down lately, and everything being up in the air concerning Paula's move and getting her settled into her new home and job in the upcoming months, I just don't feel like this is something I can take on for the next year.
I'll still be around in the MNF group, doing the monthly swaps when I can, so I won't be leaving entirely.
I wish I didn't have to do this, but I wouldn't want to get halfway through the year and then have to drop out in the middle of things.
I hope you all understand.
I also hope you all have fun with this.
Take care, and I'll see you around the pool!
-Dan

o

Fran, ummm, well, the bisquits and cantalope sound good! *G* I've been craving BEEF lately! So I would've went to bunny's house for dinner, lol

Dan, sorry to hear that, but I understand, you've got a lot on your plate right now. When is Paula going to be moving in? Do you still have a set date?
Good Luck!

Ok girls, what do ya say we just leave Jan open, as kind of an after holiday rest period?

Vic

o

Vic, Paula is planning on leaving New York on the 30th, and getting here sometime on the 1st of October. I'm hoping we can get the truck unloaded by the 3rd, and can spend the weekend relaxing a little. I called her this morning, and she's feeling a little frustrated right now. Some of her family came over this weekend and got some of her furniture, but the apartment is still a mess, and she hates a messy house. It doesn't help that my blood sugar is still yo-yoing a little, and she can't see that I'm handling it.
But, like I keep telling her, this too shall pass.

o

Dan, I know all to well what it's like to try and pack a place up by yourself! I'm sure she is more then a "little" frustrated! I remember when I was doing that and had Zack at home too, my house looked like a tornado went through it for the last month I was home, and there are so many things you need that you can't pack yet and of course the "do I REALLY NEED this, will there be room for that???" Tell her to have a drink and relax, once everything she wants is packed up call purple heart or salvation army or just put an ad on craigslist or freecycle, the stuff will fly outta there! LOL
Vic

o

Hi everyone!

Yes, I have been MIA but I have tried to keep up with all the going on's : )

Fran - sorry I didn't get you a reply to your questions - oopp's I pushed 'delete' and not reply and then thought I could just catch up here.... Starting in November is good with me!

Vic ----Ok girls, what do ya say we just leave Jan open, as kind of an after holiday rest period? ----
Oh, ya! that will be wonderful but I can use the rest now LOL

Info --- I am not finding any thing for details on the Holiday Swap - is there any yet?

Marie

o

Marie, Well there you are! LOL!
We haven't really discussed the holiday swap much. I am under the impression we are going to do something along the lines of a small ornament/decoration swap? We could put a limit on it like $10-15 or keep it the same as the B-day swaps at $20? What does everyone think??? Any specific ideas anyone has?

Vic

o

Dan-We'll miss you. Hope all goes well with Paula's move. Please take care of your health.

Marie-I agree with you about keeping January open. Glad to see you post.

I think having an ornament swap is a nice idea for the holidays. I have several ornaments on my tree that I received in swaps. My favorites are the homemade ones.

Melissa-What are you craving lately??? Chocolate??

Fran I love okra! We never have it though. I grew it one year just for the flowers.
Photobucket

o

Awwwww, Dan! Hate to see you go bye-bye, but I totally understand! I hope things settle down for you soon. Feel free to drop by for a rum-n-coke any time! :O)

Maybe instead of leaving January open, we could have a "New Years Resolutions" swap? We could make cards for each other, and include a "Garden Resolution" for our partner! Have fun, be nice....maybe a bit ornery...and totally CHEAP! :O)
Just a thought...but I'm fine with leaving January open, also.

Marie & Mariann~ Good to see you gals pop in here! Hope everything is going well with ya'll. :O)

Where is everyone else?

o

Photobucket

HELLO ALL
I am sorry I have been absent for a few days, I have been BUSY, I went to a plant swap this past Saturday and ended up getting VERY ill. Yesterday and today I have been trying to catch-up on everything else, and really today is the best I have felt since the incident!!!!...

DAN SO SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE DROPPING OUT. But glad you made the decision BEFORE we got started.
I wish you and Paula the best and take care of yourself!

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler temps. I am!!!

BTW my Sunday dinner was fantastic!

o

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION?!? EEEEK! That's a scary thought! LOL
I would prob. get one that said I had to get ALL the weeds out of my gardens, yuck!

So Fran, is diene going to be in June? And have you got any thoughts for the Dec. swap?

I'm off to clean house now, well, maybe

Vic

o

Well, Jan. is not a great month to try to get anything in. I don't know about the resolution thing.
Depends on what everyone else thinks.

IF diene wants to move to June I suppose she can since Oct isn't really her month either.

If anyone else is up for a Halloween thang or SPOOKY Halloween thang let me know.

And on the Christmas/Dec. Swap we can either have secret Santa OR do a Ornament swap. Ya'll decide and let me know.
It would be neat though if we each made an ornament and sent one out to everybody. That would at this point be nine and it wouldn't be that much I don't think.
I don't know...ya'll think about it and let me know what you want to do.

Going to bed now

o

Fran...maybe it's just me, but you sound a bit discouraged? Is everything OK?
Need a hug or maybe some chocolate? :O)

If it feels like everything is falling apart (with the drop-outs and all), we could just keep moving people up, so we don't have a year-long swap, we just have the 9 or so months that are spoken for. (Vic would start in Jan, Fran could move up to Feb, etc..) It might keep the future drop outs at a minimum. OR..a random draw for each month could keep people in....then they couldn't PLAN to quit after their month, because they wouldn't know which month they would be in, until a few weeks previous. Just draw a new name for each month out of the participants still in the swap. That way, if someone did NOT send a box in the months previous, they could be left out of the draw and not be on the receiving end. (did that make sense?)

Or it could be that no one is worried about that, anyway...And it's just me. :O) I'm a worry wart. I'll admit it. And I'll quit it. Sometime. LOL

o

Hi,
Just checking in to see whats new.. ;)
I've had a major sinus infection that turned into a cold (or was a cold to begin with). I'm much better now and finally caught up with things here. Things can get so behind when your not feeling well for a couple of days! I'm still behind in laundry, so will be able to check the forums a few times today while taking tiny breaks.

Dan,
We are going to miss you!

What about opening up the swap again to get a few more to join?
Or just keeping who we have left and closing it? Both ideas work. Let's just keep it simple and fun.

I'm really looking forward to this! We have a great group!

Hugs,
Deb

o

No Bunny, I'm just tired an frustrated about home thngs. I need to install new plant beds since I've gotten a bunch more new plants and seedlings from seeds I started, plus I have another plant swap coming up Saturday that I am not sure if I am even going to get to go to although I made plans before hand to go THINGS CHANGE because that's how life goes and WITH THE PLANT/BED sitituation I can't figure out WHERE to put them that wouldn't be inconvenient for the landlord SHOULD we move and he never comes down here for me to ask WHERE he would ok some new beds for me to put them so I have plants looking at me ready to go to sleep and I have no bed to lay them in!
PLUS I am battleing some evil little creatures that keep getting in my plants-bed/Railroad cross tie borders and we have ran out of ideas on how to REALLY combat them. BUT the main problem is the neighbors do nothing to combat them on their property so this is like, well let's just say it is not helping fix the problem.

That plus everyday this crap happens stuff is all getting on my nerves. WHY can't things just ALWAYS go perfectly smooth and fall right in to place.
Oh wait that only happens in FAIRYTALES...lol.

But I also suffer from SAD and I HATE FALL/WINTER, I have no get up and want to do anything when everything is dead or dieing and SO took out our whole garden this week so no more tomatoes or beans on anything so yeah, I am a little down. I need to get some seedlings started of fall/winter stuff BUT when you have this it is hard to get motivated to do what needs to be done.

AHHHH but this too all shall pass. Either I will find a dream place to move OR I will go completely insane, either way I'll not have to care about it anymore....HAHAHA

:) See, I have the right attitude after all...lol.

OK, I will ask ONE MORE TIME, is there ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS OUT NOW???? SPEAK UP OR FOREVER STAY IN THIS SWAP TIL THE END....muuuaaaaahhhhhaahhhaahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

Photobucket

I wasn't sure what you needed to help with the stress, Fran....so I tried to give you a buffet of everything! :O)

o

Well, I see everyone is so optimistic about this! LOL

Ummmm, Fran, am I understanding you right? You are upset about having TOO MANY plants? I don't think there is a gardner alive that hasn't brought home plants with no where to put them! LOL
But, if it will make things easier for you, I'll send you my addy and take them off your hands! hehe
Why don't you just stick them in the ground where your garden was? Then worry about it next year.

Bunny, I don't think anyone PLANS to drop out, but unfortunately we can't plan everything and life happens. I don't think you meant it that way, at least I hope not. I think we have a good group here that will follow through unless they really can't for some unexpected reason.

Deb, opening it up for more ppl would be fine with me, but, I don't want to have to decide who can play and who can't, I feel bad for the ones that were voted out before and I think a couple of them would have made a great addition to this group. I LOVE your idea of "simple and fun"!!! And I think if everyone stops worrying about things that is what we will have : )
I'm glad your feeling better, the crud is starting to come through here again too! YUCK! I had to take Zack to the "drop-in" day care last week and of course he brought it home and I'm starting with it today *sigh*

As far as December, I vote an inexpensive ornament/decoration exchange with a $10 limit. (don't know about the rest of you, but it's a tight month here and I don't see the need to go crazy for a swap)
I like the hand made idea, but don't want to commit to the time it might take, I'm not that talented, LOL

January, I vote just keep it open and give us a break.

October, we can decide in September.

I know everyone is reading and lurking in the background, hehe, so why don't you share your opinions please.

This is the list as of right now:

November---
17-debbya/Deb

December---
Holiday Swap!

January---
Open

February-
18---vic_zn5/Vic

March---

April---

May---
17 nikkineels/nikki

June
12---diene/diene
July---
17---galium/Mariann

August
23---wynative/Marie (WY)

September---

October---
???

See how easy that is?!?

Vic

o
Bunny

Wow, that's the best buffet I've seen in a long time! WHERE do you go out to eat at, and can I come? Of course, I would need a doggie bag and just bring that last course home with me! hehehe

o
Hey

diene,
I sent you an email, and I know it tends to go to your spam folder, lmk if you don't get it : )

o

Hey all! Dan, sorry that you won't be in this one. We'll miss you. Fran, you should still send us Dan's questionaire - just for kicks! I'm sure we will be swaping with him in some group later on. Ok, I have another option for our months. We could take December off because it is so crazy and hectic. Then we could move everyone up a month. This would mean you get your goodies the month before your bday which may be pretty neat. Gives you a chance to be spoiled two months - one by us and the other by family. Just a thought, I'll be happy with whatever the majority wants. I vote no on opening it back up. I think that is a benefit to Fran posting it early, gives us a chance to see who is commited. Talk to you all later. Nikki

o

Hello All;
Well let's see, Vic gave me June which I am thrilled about and now we have January to worry about. My suggestion is to either forget about January since I will be buried in snow but those of you in a warmer climate may not agree. I cannot send plants in January unless they are indoor plants.
Moving everyone up has some merits but some people do not have family to spoil them and for that reason, we are their family. I do not think we should move people without complete agreement.
Got to go now.
diene

o

Hi all - now that I am over the flu (not a bad bout just inconvenient!) and got a grip on the Principal at my daughters school - no, not around his NECK like I wanted! Bad deal with death/bomb/gun threat's against the cheerleaders - yes, my daughter is one - because one English class had to read a book about popular vs. non popular school mates. The teacher told them that the media was right in saying that it was understandable and some other B.S. about any kid that has EVER been teased, made fun of or any of other things that happen to us all as we grow up has the right to defend themselves with any means at their disposal. Then the discussion turned to bomb making and they all looked up how to make them with the teacher present on the net and then had a discussion on which one would be best in what setting!!!! Any way.... My daughter came home last week telling me that several students had a 'preppy B*&^%$es must die' list and pictures of a bomb, they had made. The Principal called a meeting with the students telling them that there was nothing to worry about and to just ignore what they heard - no need to involve the parents!! I contacted several of the other parents and we went to the Sheriff. The guilty party's that started this, the teacher & that JERK of a principal have been dealt with! GRRRRR.... Probably nothing would have happened but these things need to be dealt with .... The principal has NEVER called or spoken to any of the 'list' parents but did send out a letter saying that he has the sheriff's department involved... What a crock of **** Us parents are the ones that got them involved and are having them patrol the games! He didn't even have the ****'s to show his face at the football game on Friday and that was when the kids where planing to put their plans into effect! GRRRRR.... on to better things.....

Melissa - yes I love the idea of having a "New Years Resolutions" swap! not that it would do me any good cause I alway fail at them LOL but it would be fun if someone else could tell us what the resolution would be, maybe do kind of a spoof resolution : )

Fran - Secret SANTA!!! has one YES vote! these are so fun :) I am all booked for October though - several swap here and with a craft group & my daughter volunteered me to help with homecoming, 2 concession stands each week of October and fund raising for the freshman class... Maybe if it is something simple I could do it though :)

Have a great evening everyone - now I have to go find a Wyoming Cowboys Hat - daughter's boyfriend is having a birthday and that is what she 'haaaaasssss' to give him...
being the Mom of a 14 year old girl is so much fun - ya right!

I need to stop over at the MNF's and see what is going on for the weekend... I need a pool party with all the extra's! LOL
Marie

o

OhMyGoodness, Marie!! That is horrifying!! I can't believe that the principal just shrugged it off like that! I WOULD have rung his neck!
Good grief, you must be going between feeling terrified for your child & rage over the entire situation.
I have a solution, though......
Step right up to the buffet, Marie!! There's plenty for everyone! :O)

I like the secret santa idea for December, too. Sounds like lots of fun. But, I'm up for anything. I just like swapping! :O)

o

ALRIGHTY THEN this is it for now.

As Vic (THANK YOU AGAIN) has posted the above list is how it will proceed.

I personally do not want to move the months up or down because I AM ONE WHO NEVER EVER GETS ANYTHING FROM FAMILY!!! Not for Valentine's Day, Not for my B-day, Not for Mothers's Day, AND NOT FOR CHRISTMAS with the exception of this past year my best friend who I had lost contact with and found again in Aug. last year purchased an 8 quart pressure cooker for me. So that was just a fluke thang I guess.

AT ANY RATE MY POINT IS: I WANT TO KEEP MY MONTH to actually make it actually special for me! OK THEN...

With this post this one has once again reached 150!!!!!!!
2x now wow!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here