Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deannatoby

UPDATE: September Birthday Buddies

{{gwi:1294903}}

I feel like a white rabbit in a waistcoat babbling, "I'm late, I'm late!" I'm hosting again this month, and our lucky ladies with birthdays are

Appaloosa909 September 9

msirie September 22

Let's make their fall a seedy one. If you two aren't into winter sowing yet, a fall birthday is an excellent way to get seeds and start (hint, hint). 'Tis the season to snatch used milk jugs.

When you send seeds to our lucky ladies, please send me an e-mail telling who you mailed to. No need to tell me what you mailed, only that you did mail this particular person.

Hopefully the heat of summer is ending, and some fall seeds and cool days will brighten your day. (As I write this, we are above 90 in NH, and should be all week...8-O )

Happy Birthday, Appaloosa909 ad msirie!

Comments (14)

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Ladies! Can someone please email me their addy's? thanks, Melinda

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Life has been a hectic one for both of our September ladies and they have been unable to participate in the swapping this year. So...hold off on those seeds. flwrs43ever and I are trying to figure out what to do with this month so it doesn't go by without any fun. Don't we need to welcome in Fall with some fun?!?!

Stay tuned...

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

Sorry about not getting back but this post was missing for a couple of days on my computer.

Thanks for the Birthday wishes :)

About me:
    I live in the house I grew up in and way back in high school I started gardening. I LOVE to grow Tomatos and funny thing is I don't like them raw... cooked or marinated I love them, but I just can't eat them raw. I love annuals and prefer them over perinnials because I would rather sow seeds and plant then dig and divide.
    I foster kittens for the local animal shelter and this year I had 5 bottle babies + 3 more to raise, one of the reasons I was so busy this spring and summer. 4 Have gone on to their forever homes and I'm still hoping the other 4 find just as good homes as the first 4. I also am involved with my local 4H and have a Horse Club. It was HOT this year at our fair.... waaaayyyy toooo HOT!
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

My list:
    Bidens
    your favorite Pole Bean
    your favorite tomato
    Giant Italian Tomato
    Petunia's
    Phlox (all mine did horrible this year)
    Your favorite annual

Andrea

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Andrea, today is your big day! Happy...Happy Birthday!!!!!

Annie

• msirie
    13 years ago

Ladies, I want to thank you all for thinking about me on my birth month. I would have liked to have celebrated with you guys, but RL has been challenging. You guys are the best!

Today I came home and needed a little bit of a pick me up and I did get it. Thanks to farmergirl2009! Your seeds are much appreciated. I will think of you whenever I look at my beautiful columbines. Thanks again!

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So wonderful to have a September lady sending in her list! Ignore my last message about alternate plans for September, and let's load appaloosa909 (Andrea) up for the winter.

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday ladies! Thinking of you on your day. Life just seems to go faster and faster and not enough time for gardening. Maybe next year. The sprinkler system is being installed so that will make life easier for me. Next spring the lawn will be planted. Have a great day everyone.

Ellie

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

I would like to thank Ellie (farmergirl2009) for the marigold and Butterfly Mix seeds and Annie (canyonwind) for the Chinese Pea Noodle Beans (can't wait to try) and the petunia seeds.

Thank you ladies!

Andrea

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Angela aka msirie..............I apologize! I did not wish you a Happy September birthday when I was posting last week. Enjoy your special day on the 22nd!!

Annie

• margarita10
    13 years ago

Deanna,

I have lost my list of addresses. I just need Sept thru Nov if you could please send to :mmaldonado@firstam.com I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

Margarita10

• msirie
    13 years ago

Canyonwind, thank you so much for the birthday wish. I had a great birthday.

Fcoffill, thank you lots for the lovely seeds. They will be planted in time for a beautiful garden next spring.

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

Thanks Francis (fcofill) for the Coleus and Snapdragon seeds. Both are favorites of mine.

Andrea

• msirie
    13 years ago

Margarita, thank you so much for the beautiful birthday card and the enclosed seeds. You guys are the best. Thanks for making my birthday special.

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

A BIG thank you to Margarita10 (Margarita) for the gallardia, cosmos and Calendula. Some of my favorites:)

Andrea