Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Calling Yaya green or something close

Posted by viscidviolet 8 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 08 at 16:18

Hello all,

I hope this isnt to far off topic bt I think this is the only forum I have a chance in, this is where the events leading up to this took place.

I was trying to track down the person with the above screename, greenyaya something and was wondering if they are still active here?? I recently rejoined, I havent been here since '05/'06 and would like to speak with them for a sec and thank them. While talking about a round robin exchange I was joining, they totally inspired me to do something with plants as a career. I mean, its a hobbie of mine, but I was stressing about what to major in in college and the thought had never entered my mind. Their specific suggestion was landscape architecture, and though i'm currently going for botany instead, I figured it was close enough to home for it to be of interest to this person, as otherwise i'd probably be going for medieval tapestry making or funeral directing or some other nonsense. In fact, im working on starting up an npo involving greenery, sort of edible landscapiong, planting trees, herbal medicine clinics, a library, classes/workshops, exchanges and seedbanks and so on in my free time.Tthanks a tremendous bunch bunch for reading, I hope someone has seen them around.

Sarah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Calling Yaya green or something close

i believe this might be who you are searching for...I did a search for yaya and this is the only one who had green in their ID.

Follow the link below to get to their page and email addy.

hope you find them!!!
:) Fran

Here is a link that might be useful: yayagreen2000's member page

o

Ummm......"medieval tapestry making", I'm glad you talked to yaya before starting classes! LOL

I am thinking about taking a horticulture class here shortly, not sure if I can make a living from it, but it might keep my plants alive!

Vic

o

Ooh, thanks so much, that is her! I should think that class would help Vic, you can sell/barter preparations you make from what you grow, do some freelance garden design, and use your skill to make gifts for all occasions, that should free up some cash lol. Or attract one of those crazy bdsm types into domestic serving that is so enamored by your garden they care for you and hand over their wages!

Sarah

o

Well Sarah, that does it! I'm taking the class! LOL
Vic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here