Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

UPDATE: More Manure Madness! # 11

New thread was needed.

Comments (36)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Alright! 11 Rounds and counting! Had to duck out for a while for Emma's nappy time! Her bedroom is off the computer room so I can't be clicking away while she naps! LOL!

OK Pix, what is on your wish list that don't do well in the heat down there?

Dirt: I am laughing, I think the baby may steal your silly gift. I didn't know if you had really little ones at home with you. he he he he... Grin! Of course, ya never know, bigger little ones may steal them too!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

The older classes (1st & 2nd)are beginning thier new grades today. They remember 18/20 on the geography quiz (artic & antartic get mixed up a bit when you're 6), and blew thru the maps review. The 2&3 year olds bump up next week, after a week "break" to get used to the new groups. Well I need to head back, chat later.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I have nothing on my wish list I don't think other than anything lol!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Wow, girls...just go ahead and start yet ANOTHER thread without me, OK?? lol :O) Are we at a record high yet?? :O)

Had to chase a wierd guy off my property today. He came by and said he was with a realtor, but wouldn't specify which one. Said he needed to walk around and take pictures of my house/property to get an appraisal so that the "realtor" would know how much to price a nearby property. HUH?? Yeah, right buddy! I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, ya know!!!
    Geeze.
    But I literally had him RUNNING back to his truck, he was so nervous after I got through with him!! *score 1 for the bunny* !!

I think I need to diversify my garden a bit. :O) All I have are 10 roses and a handful of daylilies. LOL :O) You'd think after 2 swaps, I'd at least have a few more....and I suppose I would, if not for my daughter digging over half of them up, and the dog destroying the rest.
    It has NOT been a good year for this bunny's garden, that's for sure!! lol :O)
    BUT there's always next year. :O)

Hubby's in the middle of changing jobs right now, so things are tighter than...well, I'll leave it to your imagination. Don't want to get my post taken off. LOL :O) But hopefully things will all work out better this way. I just might have to stay out of the next few swaps, I think.
    SIGH.
    So it goes, huh?? lol :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Annie, get your gun! Sounds like a fishy story to me! Wonder if it was a developer? Wants some big property for a new super K or something! Weirdo! Sorry to hear things are so tight. That really stinks. I stayed out of a couple of interesting swaps to save on postage. I have been trading for things that I have been wanting for a long time instead.

Vela's swap was really tempting, especially after I saw your quilt! You really do nice work!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Melissa! Both are terrible! The hubbys job, and the intruder! I got my hubby a pellet rifle for his birthday this year, and he just taught me how to use it! It sits right by our door, so if there is anyone I don't know coming to the door, you can bet that puppy will be right there with me! Okay, so it's not a REAL gun, but it'd hurt!!!

I am getting these bunny cookies done! I am pretty happy with how they are coming out. Fishy, I sent you an email, but in case you see this first, please email me your addy, so I can get them sent out tomorrow. I am going to test package some tonight, and see how they come out when I open them in the morning. I'll decide for sure how to go from there, then!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

ok will do hun.

• laurieanngarris
    16 years ago

Hello girls!!!

I'm back from my camping trip. I have some neat pictures to share when I get new batteries for my camera.

Has everyone received thier boxes so we can start the new swap? I have not been able to read all of the old threads. It looks like there were three added since I was gone. Wow.

So, if it is ok with you all, and everyone has received thier boxes, I would like to start the new swap by the end of this week....boxes to go out by September 10th or so?...what do you think?

By the way, the divorce went fine. And I changed my GW name to autumnfairy, so I will be using that one from now on. No more Garris for me! I am going back to my maiden name...which is Bly...the coolest last name in the world. :o)

Laurie

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Yay! Laurie's back!! Congrats on the divorce and the fun camping trip!! :O) You can start your swap any time you'd like, Tracy and April just swaped boxes this week - they can post the contents whenever they get 'em - and everyone else has received theirs....so it's all yours, Girly!!! :O)

Oh! Bly is a totally cool name, LOVE It! One of our friends is named Bly (first name, his last name is a REALLY long swedish/german/dutch sounding name....I'm not ABOUT to try to spell it!!! there's like 12 letters!!!)

Yeah, my hubby got mad at me for NOT asking questions before I chased the guy off the front porch. LOL Weellll..says I....I wasn't about to take any chances. Hubby says "did you at least get his license plate # or name or anything??" Yep, sure babe...while I was chasing him out of the yard, I was gonna leave my kids to fend for themselves while I bend down BEHIND his MOVING (at this point) car and record his license plate. *hey, you..wait a minute, don't drive away just yet..I need to get your license plate #....* (the car was facing me, and at the END of our driveway)
    Uh-Huh. :O)
    I just think it was funny how he ran back to his car....I'm still giggling thinking about it. :O)

ANYWAY...I couldn't resist Vela's swap...although, I think Veeja is out for blood!! lol She WANTS WANTS WANTS Roxanne's box..HeHe...but I picked it first! But there's still round 2 to go through, so she may get it yet!! Which is OK, cuz I have my eyeballssssss on another really cool box. This is so much fun...!! :O)

Ohhhhh....Gotta go raid the breakroom. There's SNICKERS!!! I see someone munching on one now!!! :O)

• ctack2
    16 years ago

Laurie B,
    So glad you're back and had a great time! Sure missed you. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Carol B

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

WB laurie,
    Chia-head sprouted, and the elephant ears put out new leaves, so far so good.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Ch-Ch-ch-Chia!! :O) I've always wanted one of those, but could never find one around here. Have to go online one of these days, I suppose! Ebay has everything nowdays... lol

That wierd bamboo thingy I showed you girls a picture of awhile back? It's got little leaves on it now. I wish I could show you a picture, but I'm using dial-up with 50 year old phone lines.....so it's slower than a snail running through molasses in winter. BLECH.
    ANYWAY.
    The leaves are ROUND and pale green. They look sort of succulent-ish. (not a word, I know) They're in clusters along each stem, mostly down at the bottom. Not very helpful at description giving, am I?? lol
    Well, whatever it is, I am sure it's not hardy here. Nothing succulent-ish is. So if anyone wants to trade for a surprise plant...lemme know. lol

Pixie- I thought that I'd be mailing your "prize" today, but I am going to wait a day or two, because there is something else I want to send you, and I have to find it first. LOL It's not as bad as it sounds...really.. :O)

Becki- I was telling my hubby about your pellet gun, and he says "that's my kind of woman, right there!" Hmmm.... guess violence turns him on?? lol
    He did get me a metal baseball bat a few years ago. But it's so short (he wanted to make sure I could swing it, since I'm so short myself), I dont' think I'm gonna hit much when I swing, unless I'm REALLY close to 'em. :O)
    I do have a miniature crowbar I keep in my truck, beside the seat. Since I work at night, and don't get home until 3am... :O)

Oh well, I've been told my tongue is my worst weapon.... Someone once told me I could fillet a fish with my tongue when I get going....of course, that's only on my PMS days. lol Otherwise, I'm so nice that no one believes my hubby when he tells them I get GRUMPY. :O) lol

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Gooed morning!
    Welcome home Laurie! Hope you had a fun camping trip!

I am praying that bunny got her snickers last night. I hope the other guy left her some. Are you going to ask for a paintball gun for christmas? LOL! Could you picture splattering that guy on his way off your property? LOL!

The rain has stopped for now! Yay! Now I can get back to weeding, boo! I think I am going to Pettiti's garden center today. They have perennials on sale 1/2 off. Maybe I can get some more clematis for my fence.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago
  • tracyvine
    16 years ago

April, Are you feeling a little more cheery today? How was your little girl's first day of school?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Boy, I misread THAT one. I thought you said "clematis for my FACE".
    I was thinking....hhmmmm......herbal home remedy???
    LMAO.
    Oops.
    :O)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Feeling much better, thanks for asking.My body still hasn't caught on to the need to cut back the supply,but good otherwise. First day was great.She is glad to be back in school. No little brother or sister to deal with all day.LOL!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

April: That is soooo nice that she likes being in school. My 6 year old looooves school so much and can't wait to get back, the 9 year old didn't like it at first but warmed up to it by third grade! LOL! Everything takes a while with that one!

Bunny: LOL! My hubby would really read into that one, he always thinks of female parts when I say "clematis". He's a sick one!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hello Ladies,
    I hope everyone is having a good day so far. Its already very muggy outside here but can't complain. If it gets too hot I'll just play in the pond with Rebel lol. J/K!! I have lil toads running everywhere now lol, have to watch where I step, they are sooo cute, bout the size of my pinkie nail lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie
    School hasn't started back here yet, I think it starts in two weeks.

Found some "asps" in the back yard along the corner lattice sheesh those things makeme hyperventalate! Put me in the hospital a few years ago after being bitten by one. (black fuzzy catepillars with stingers on their feet, very toxic to people who are allergic to them but those that aren't it doesn't bother. I found out the hard way that I am allergic). When I find one I put it in a ziplock baggie and tack it to my tack board so I can watch it die!! (I know, bad trina)! Now I gotta watch out for them lil boogers sheesh, haven't seen one in ages lol but then haven't been working outside til lately. LMAO.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Tracy - your hubby sounds just like mine! If he can make it perverted, he will!

School doesn't start till the 23rd here. I can wait! There is so much I wanted to get done over the summer that hasn't. And I love having my kids home. I thought very hard about home schooling, but my hubby definitely didn't think that was a good idea. So, they are in the public school system. Which is fine. Anyway, even though school hasn't started, things are definitely picking up here! Dylan started football practice this week, every night. Monday William has his first soccer practice for the year (fortunately that is just 2 days a week), and Elizabeth starts soccer Tuesday (2 days like William, hers is every Tuesday, and his is Monday, then both on Saturday.) This is our busy season - after this, things kind of slow down again, as these are the only sports they are doing this year - well, maybe baseball/softball - we'll see. Elizabet would love to take dance or gymnastics, but #1, I don't know how we would find the time, and #2, I don't know where we would find the money for the class, or the extra gas to take her back and forth. All that stuff adds up so quickly! I figure right now, every time I have to go to town, it costs me around $4 round trip. When I have to do that several times a day, I cringe! I'm sure yours is much worse than that, Melissa! That is one of the very few things I don't like about living in the country! Oh, well!

I'm afraid this is one of those days where I have way too much to do, and just not enough time! The cookies are taking a little longer to dry than I thought, Fishy, so they probably won't ship until tomorrow. I really think what I am doing will work though, so I'm excited! I'll just have to make sure that people will know to order like a week ahead of time! And, I used a fair amount of black on these, which I probably will avoid in the future, as black has some taste (just like red.) But, I'm learning stuff all the time, so that's good!!!

Okay, gotta go! My water to blanch the corn is boiling!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Okay, Tracy...just gotta ask here....ARE YA GONNA PLANT SOME BUSHY STUFF AROUND YOUR CLEMATIS?? Ya know, to keep it COOL?? :O)

Hey! On THAT note, I got some of Poison's Hairy Ball seed today!!! YAY!!! :O)
    Can't wait until I grow balls as big as hers.....!! :O)

(Thanks, Poison!!!!)

Whew..Becki...I'm tired after just READING that!! lol I plan on homeschooling in the future, my kids go to a private church school right now. They've got 23 students K-9th. That's the ENTIRE enrollment. Teeny tiny. :O)
    So after 9th grade, I will homeschool.

The kid's school is about 11 miles away, so it's 2 gallons of gas there and back...about $6 round trip. Gas is still $2.99 here, and I don't see it going down anytime soon! I think it spiked at $3.49 a few weeks ago.
    Geeze, I remember complaining just a few years ago that it took $15 to fill up my tiny Mazda!!
    And when I first started driving, I remember gas being 89cents a gallon, and I could FILL UP my mustang for $8!!!

Jiminy Crickets, this is RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Makes me so aggrevated I could fart on a muskrat.

:P :P :P :P PPhfffftttt. :P :P :P :P

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

OMG! ROFL! Fart on a MUSKRAT? LMAO! Seriously I just busted a gut because as I was reading that little Danny came in the room and let one rip! LOL!

I bought my clematis and yes I bought some fuzzies to go around it! LOL! I actually found seeds to another clematis called fuzzy blues. Cracked me up so I had to grab them. You all rubbed off on me. I looked at them and the heads had gone to seed. Touched them and they fell off into my hand... what was a girl to do but put them in my pocket? Didn't want to litter and throw them on the ground. he he. Oh, and it happened with another clematis called Angelique. Woops!

I also bought the new Blushing Bride Hydrangea that flowers all season. Some Coreopsis (white/light pink with dark red centers). Antique Bleeding Hearts, another deep pink hydrangea. There were so many daylilies on sale but I didn't pick any up. The tags were all mixed up and I got aggravated looking through them. The heat and humidity were unbarable. I need a shower, bad! Blech!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

April, are you weaning cold turkey? When I did it I would cut out one feeding a week and the supply went down gradually, I was never uncomfortable. Tell me to shut it if I am being nosey.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

guess what hubby went on an interview and left the thingi here, LOL i so don't want him to get that job, that means we'd have to move and we own this house!! wee haw!! LOL i called the parks and recreastions to find out if i could pick the seeds, they said if they are on the ground you can. i was like what!! ***** geez people!! so i told hubby i called them. bla bla bla and its ok. but spread it all around so he thought i said it was ok. yep. that was bad. LOL **big grin**

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Not quitting cold turkey,tried that with my first, can you say OUCH!?Didn't really know what I was doing then(like I really do now!). I had been cutting out a feeding every two days.Probally should a waited a week in between, but she has 4 upper & 4 lower teeth.Not like she's not ready for real food.Only one feeding left was bedtime & she took a bottle last night. So its been over 24 hours. Next week will be better.I hope!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Howdy All! I am so excited, I got my box from APRIL! YAY!

Here is all that was inside!

Daylilies: Fairy Tale Pink, Mateus, Dwarf Purple?

Perennials: Echinacea Tennessensis, Blue Stokes Aster, and Malva Zebrina!

For my silly item there was a huge package of the sponge capsule critters, as I speak Emma and Jack are filling the sink and dropping them in the water to see what crazy critters are inside! There is an ever-so-cute metal dinosaur garden stake that is already planted in my shade garden and a beautiful set of pop up hydrangea note cards!

April, Thank you so much! I don't have any of these plants! I only have the purpurea echinacea and am thrilled to add this one! I looked all of the plants up and am so excited! Honestly, I didn't know what any of them were! They are all beautiful! Question: The dwarf purple, is it a daylily or an iris? The leaves look like a dl or siberian iris, but the rhizome looks like an iris. Sorry for the dumb question.

Now back to the dairy issue, have you tried to express your self (lol) in the shower? I swear it made my life so much better! Couldn't pump because that kept production going but the expressing didn't seem to have the same results. I tried cold turkey with my first too, O U C H is right! I never knew they could turn purple until then! No one ever told me there were methods to these things. My mom bottle fed and never had been pregnant, none of my friends did the BF thing, so I was on my own. Didn't have the LaLaeche League when I started having kids.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I really wanna do the Sept swap but... Nothing besides mum's stella needs dividing, is it ok if I swap some newly ordered goodies from paradise and a few places too (I've got a 75 x 3ft foundation strip I'm planting out this fall, and am planning on ordering a bit for this).

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I completely second the hot shower method, worked with both of my boys.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey fishy, that is fine with me. I try to pick out big pots that have more than one plant growing in them and then split them. I have sent divisions of new plants to people before and all have been happy so far. Gotta love the big sales going on right now, you might pick up some really good deals.

• autumnfairy
    16 years ago

Hey! I posted the new swap today.

Laurie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey, all of you daylily nuts out there. Jennid started an unnamed daylily swap that is open until the 30th if anyone is interested. You only need to have 3 dl's to send, no ditchlilies is the only rule. She needs more people to join up so I thought I would pass it along!

Tracy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

woops, i meant it is open to the 18th for sign ups. Thanks

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You wonder if Madonna knew about this when she came out with that song?LOL!I mean with that cone shaped get up she has makes you wonder......HA HA!Yes I'm doimg the warm shower method ,thanks. It does help.
    Tracy,so glad you like the plants!The dwarf purple is an iris. Sorry I forgot to put it on the tag.I also forgot the item I got for you in Oregon.Will send it later this week.Have a great night all!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Too funny! LOL! I thought it was an Iris and then was doubting myself. Silly. I forgot that I wanted to put some ribbon grass in your box too! LOL! I will be sending that along soon. Night, April!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My box arrived today from Tracy.Thank you soooo much!
    Enclosed was:
    My very first Asiatic Lilies 'Connecticut Star' &'Regal'
    'Final Touch' daylily
    'Dartmoor'Butterfly Bush
    Gayfeather
    Grand Mallow Hibiscus Burgundy
    Phlox 'Scarlet Flame'
    My funny item was three rubber ducks that light up( the 2 youngest kids have already claimed them)
    Bar of Lavender soap(smells great!!!)
    Nail brush
    Exfoliating Hydro Gloves
    Thanks again !

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Yay, I am so happy you got your box! I knew the kids would swipe the duckies! My gang had a blast last night with the zoo animal critters! They are still showing me all the animals that popped out of the capsules! Thank you!

I guess this officially closes the Mirth in the Manure Pile Swap! Thanks so much for playing everyone! See you in the Make New Friends: Sounds of Summer Swap!