UPDATE: Pedal Pushers Cookbook Swap August 4

sassyd
15 years ago

Comments (151)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Hi everybody, I've had Kenzie since I got home and not much time to get on the computer, sorry. I do love having her so much, but goodness she wears me out:))

Tracy, I did fall in the ocean, but it was my choice, *he he he* It was so much fun and beautiful there. I'm afraid by FridaySaturday we'll have a hurricane either here or there:( I'd rather it be here so I know whats going on, but maybe it won't gather that much strength, anyway its coming whether I want it to or not. All you can do is hope for the best.

What are you all up to???????

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Sassy, I know I worried about my niece being in Fayetteville, You've told me you are not too far from there. How often have you had to evacuate before?

Annie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie, I've never evacuated before. You certainly don't have to worry if she's in Fayetteville. She'll be fine, they may get some rain, but that will be it pretty much.

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Hi all!

Ms Sassyone...I need a Kenzie fix please! Do I have to ask twice??? ;) Was great to talk to you too the other night! I think you brought some good fortune by letting me vent about construction. The drywallers have finished today and painters should be here tomorrow. The foundation stone cover is nearly finished. Now we just need the plumber/electrician to make an appearance and maybe we start the move soon! *crossing fingers*

Mariann, glad the well repair went okay. Are you starting to get a chill in the air there too? Woke up to 46* this morning and am hoping winter stays away for a few months yet.

Vic, hope you get rid of those nasties! I have found that "cooking" my potting soil before planting really helps prevent problems too and a fine layer of sand on the soil surface after planting or seeds sprout. Most potting soils are not sterile. I microwave potting soil that has been dampened in an 8 qt. glass bowl for about 10 minutes on high and then let it cool naturally before planting. You can "bake" it in the oven too but I am not sure on temps or time. You will get an odor from the nuking but here on the farm, we are used to the smell of dirt. lol

Tracy, so good to see another one is addicted to hostas. *giggles* I can't for the life of me grow the minis though. I seem to kill them in a yr or two after planting. I put 3 in an ICU pot (away from tree root competition) early this summer trying to save them but even that didn't help. :(

I thought about Fran, Pixie and Sassy this morning when I saw the morning news and latest of tropical storms/hurricanes on the way. I sure hope you girls stay out of harms way.

Beth, good to see you again. I always love to hear of your next travel adventures. Will you be wintering here in the midwest?

Annie, I think you must have the energy I can't seem to find! With your work schedule and travel, I don't know how you manage to garden too! Though I do know what a sense of peace/relaxation I get from playing out in the gardens. I think I know what treasures of Shelby's you've kept as I did that for my two also. (Why I don't know but maybe someday I'll need them! *giggles*) But I want to see if someone who hasn't won will think of it. Oh and my Cole and your Shelby are just a few years apart. I remember the He-Man years well! lol

I am sure to have missed addressing someone and it certainly wasn't intentional! Hope you all have a wonderful tomorrow!!!

hugs,
    Dee

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Sassy, sorry to cut you short. I've put on my PJs and ready for bed.

Dee, you are welcome to guess, and you are the 2nd person to comment on my energy. During the holiday I worked at a concession stand at an antique gas engine show. One girl made the comment I had way too much energy. Heck, To be honest, I really have slowed down, and have mentioned many times, I don't mind getting older or having grey hair, but it is the energy that I really miss.

Time for Bed,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

O my gosh Annie! I completely forgot about winning that prize! Slap me, would you? I am totally laughing at myself! Duh! Guacamole would be totally awesome if you have enough to share. I did pick that one up earlier this summer but it took a header on me. It was a tiny little Tissue Culture that wasn't too happy with the spot I decided it should be in. :o( I will pick better this next time! I promise to take good care of it.

Ok, nuff laughin at me for not knowing my chews! LOL! See what a city girl I am?! When we were kids we would go and stay with my aunt on her horse farm for 2 weeks in the summer. My cousin had a fort out in the woods that we would hang out in between mucking out stalls and feeding chores. Well, my cousin had a huge pyramid of these little round tin containers stacked up in there. They looked like hockey pucks to me so I never cared a bit about them. My cousin used to threaten me within an inch of my life if I told his Mom about those little hockey pucks stacked up out there. All I could think is why she would care about them? Duh, little did I know that cousin Mikey was a cheek tuckin' 'baccy chewin' dude! Can't believe he thought I would rat him out! LOL!

Vic, I have that Betty Crocker Cookie Book! I love love love the chocolate chip cookie recipe in there! YUUUUMMMM!! Oh, I am going to steal the icecream book. Watch out! Here I come to get it! Oh, best dessert I made last summer was when I used that cookie recipe and home made icecream for icecream sandwiches. So So So GOOD!

So glad to see your shining face Miss Sassy! Thought I was going to have to call out the Coast Guard on you or something! Sheesh! Batten down the hatches. I have been watching all these huricanes rolling in one after the other. I hope it peters out before it gets up that high on the coast!

Dee, I am so bummed for you losing your minis! Ah! Mine have all been doing well so far. I just started collecting them this summer. I hope they do well over winter here. Crossing my fingers. The hosta addiction is powerful isn't it?!

Annie, ok, Now I am thinking suppositories! LOL! Can't help it, nothing else is coming to mind. Got to get my mind out of the toilet. lol!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Tracy you so silly...lol.

Dee, I am in an area that never well, almost never gets anything except maybe a little rain from the tropical storms/hurricanes. With the exception of Hurricane Hugo back in Sept 1989. That one was mighty powerful. Crossed Right over the Middle/Eastern part of NC. We are in the area right next to the NC/SC line right near I-85.
    I tell you as bad as Hugo was here. And it wasn't as strong when it got to us as it had been when it came barreling in on the coast. But for as bad as it was and the damage we got, I just can't imagine what all those folks go through who live down in the areas that get them most.
    Hugo scared the fejeesy out of me. Don't want to go through it again BUT they say it can, but this one will not be as bad if it does come through over us.

I hope everyone else who has to deal with it comes through ok, and no damages.

:) Fran

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

OK WELL Gust. the Hurricane, UPDATE.... WE, here in Katy, America, got NO rain, not one iota of a dropling from it. So no worries there.

Copenhagen is NOT Chewing Tobacco, its a Snuff, (there is a difference trust me lol, chew is stringie and snuff it cut up small or (as in our grannies days powdered) ). Copenhagen is just a brand like Skoll (sp) of cut of tobacco or as the hmmm ummm "guys" here say.. a dip. Also works great for bee/wasp stings and burns lol, just wet it or take it from a mouth of somone dippin it lol. Yeppers I's a Texan lol. DUCKY Those lil Hockey Puck containers lol are a symbol of a True Redneck here, if ya don't have the "brand" (wear out from the can) on your back pocket ya aint chit lol. Sheesh what guys have to go through to be a "man" lmao.

Karen, I am excitedly gathering your box but I am waiting on something. Hopefully I will be able to send it out next week.

This coming Tuesday is Fox's birthday, going to try to do something special for him, don't know what yet so any idea's are very welcome if anyone has any.

Hope ya'll have a great night.
    Pixie

• faintheart
    15 years ago

Morning all,

Karen, I forgot to say that lilium 'time out' had the biggest blooms of any and the besttttt fragrance too! Thank you again for sharing it with me!!!

Okay Annie. I think the tooth fairy was kind and left Mama with Shelby's baby teeth? ;Þ

Dan, positive thoughts and prayers are with you. Paula, take good care of your dear man.

Another cool morning here. Guess I best get ready for work and give the plumber/electrician a call.

*subliminal hint* kenziefixkenziefixkenziefixkenziefix *wondering if she got it*

Have a great day everyone,
    Dee

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Pixie, I couldn't decide if Copenhagen was "dip" or chew...lol I DO NOT do either, and amazing enough don't know anyone any more who does.
    All the older ppl I used to know dipped, snuff. YUCK, that stuff stinks, and YEAP it sure does help with bee stings. When I was a little kid 'bout 4-5 we went to a place that had a LARGE open yard, kind of like a park but there were LOADS of clover everywhere. I being me and always the one to get hurt stepped on a bee, there was an old gentleman there who asked my mama if she had a penny, she did. He said can I see it, she handed him one, he spit the juice on it and told me to hold up my foot. I did he put it right there on the stingy spot, told mama to hold it there. With-in minutes the stinging was gone. Sounds gross but it worked, and any young'n a'tell yah spit and nut'n bad.
    LOL.

Sorry you didn't get any rain, Pix. Glad everything come through just fine.

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Ooooooooooh! Here and I thought those big circle outlines in guys back pockets were SOMETHING ELSE!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, I have Guacamole, June, Krossa Regal, Fragrant Bouquet,Sagae,and Daybreak. It is thundering out, so do I have your permission to dig these guys after my long stretch next week. We are getting the rains that Pixie did not get. I would dig them tomorrow, but I'm running to put some mad money in son's bank account that is affiliated with his bank in Green Bay, Shelby has to have kidney stones removed by surgery tomorrow. I wish I could be there, but he knows I can't. His beautiful wife will of course be there.

Dee, yes, you are right! BABY TEETH.I remember wrapping those baby teeth up for a graduation present, and saying from the tooth fairy. Everyone had a good laugh out of that one. Again I will get those packages out next break, as tomorrow night I return to work. I still have them in a little jar, but they are getting a bit fragile.

I know everyone is in a time crunch to get plants in the ground as it is getting that time of year. I really, really apologize.

This group is such a fun group and glad I'm part of it.

Sassy, I will call you here in a few or this evening, again I'm so sorry for cutting you short last night.

>>>>raggedy does not like thunder and lightning

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, I also have gold drop that does tolerate the sun well.

Annie

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

And here I thought chew was chew! I didn't know there was a dip too! lol

Dee, I was just reading on cooking my soil, then it said not to cook too long or get to hot or it will release toxins into the dirt and kill any thing you plant!
    Then I read to use 50/50 peat moss and perlite, of course I just bought a big bag of potting soil and perliteand have been mixing them 50/50 to replant everything!
    Then, being so happy to find out the potato method worked, I posted to the houseplant forum only to find that I might NOT have gotten fungus gnat larvae on my potato, but who knows WHAT kind of critter! (I'll post a link)

Annie, well now ya went and gave me choices! I'm not good at picking! lol They are all pretty! I do like Guacamole, I've never had a Big hosta like that, well, I've never had any hosta other than gr/wh var. ones.
    BUT, I thought hostas were easy to grow! You guys have me worried now that maybe I shouldn't get one, I would hate to kill it!!

I do hope all in the "danger zone" of the storms are safe and stay that way!!

Here is a link that might be useful: my plant bugs! YUCK!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Congratulations Dee! Smarty Pants!

Annie, I am not a fan of T-storms either. They make me jumpy.

No hurries on the plants for me. Our temps are still in the high 80's and we've been dry as a bone. I was out weeding, seed collecting, cutting things back and watering like crazy this morning. Funny how there is always work to be done out in the garden. Never a dull moment.

Ok, I feel like making a casserole tonight. I have some leftover chicken to use. Anybody have a good Chicken Casserole recipe I can try?

Tracy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hiya everyone :)

I kinda went in a cave for a few days.. Been kinda down again about my mom. I think mostly cuz I'm sorting thru closets and drawers and packing up what I can now for the move, and I keep running across cards and things she'd given me. ughh!

Annie ~ that is correct on the Beverly Sills.. I can't wait! lol

Sassy ~ did you get my email? do you need my address for the Hemstitched or do you still have it from our last swap? So glad to 'hear' you're doin' ok.. when I saw where that hurricane was heading I thought of you..

Pixie ~ did you get my return email? Hopefully it didn't get junked lol

Now to all the Iris Gurus up in here..I got a large box from of just the regular purple ones from a guy on Ebay, I also got some (I think..) good ones from Walmart. They all still have green on the leaves, with just a bit of brown where they were cut.. they have lots of roots. Now.. I will be moving to mom's house (fingers crossed) on Nov 1st. Should I keep those Iris bulbs out and in a box or should I at least go ahead and put them in some dirt in pots to hold til the move? Also I have 3 that are in my garden bed, is it safe to dig them up now too? We're still high 80's during the day and low 70's at night and will be probably thru October.

I dunno what to do! Any advice is MUCH appreciated! lol

Hugs ya'll,
    Wendy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, I'm not making you choose I will send all of them, I just need time to dig them as they are all nice size.(Please, Please, PLease, don't send me in the thunder. I don't mind a little rain just no thunder LOL) The columbine are nice size also.

The ones above take a lot of abuse, believe me, and yes, they are easy to grow. There are just a few persnickety ones that I've had no luck with. Example Great Expectations, Thunderbolt,and Cascades. I would never buy any of them again.

I don't know about any of you other mothers, but what is the craziest things you have saved from your children besides their teeth? I do have Shelby's first stitches that he got from jumping on the bed, and no, I didn't save his umbilical cord, and clamp. although saving the clamp would have been kinda neat. Why didn't I think of that?

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Annie, I saved my first son's umbilical cord for about 10 years until I was sorting through the momentos box and scared myself when I found it in the little envelope. I was so grossed out and realized what a horrible thing to save for a kid! Blech! Out it went. Shudder...

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

1 t. yeast
    11/2 c. sugar
    4 t. root beer extract
    warm water

In a 1-gallon jar, dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water. Add sugar and root beer extract with enough warm water to dissolve thoroughly. Stir until dissolved.

Fill jar with water and set in the sun or a warm place for several hours or until strong enough. Cool. Note: Root beer can be made in the morning and be ready to drink by noon.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Annie, I did have my son's clamp. I have moved so many times and lost things here and there. I saved their first baby teeth. Hair from a first haircut, although it has gotten lost too. I saved all the stuff from the hospital, the little blankets and stuff. First worn clothes things like that, baby shoes. The usually stuff.
    A bunch of toys, until they said they didn't want them.

Vic ewww, bugs...gosh only knows what our plants have huh?

TRACY, I've said it before I'll say it again...SHAME ON YOU...hehehe, I KNOW WHERE you where going with that...lol

OK, I sent Dan's box the DC is 0308 0730 00003427 9475
    Gosh, I'm so nervous about it...I just hope he likes it and feels well enough to be able to use it.

Ya'll don't go play'n in no T'storms now...that ain't know fun!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Annie, no hurry! You can wait till spring if it gets too cold before you can get them dug. PLEASE don't go out in the storms!!
    I was still posting when you posted that! (I sometimes get sidetracked and it can take a long time to get a post up! LOL)
    You don't have to send them all, just take a pick of what you have the most.

Wendy, sorry to hear your feeling down. It must be very hard for you. But I'm sure once you get in there it will start getting easier, unfortunately, it is going to take some time. Wish there was something I do/say to make it better. Just keep remembering the good times.

I was very close with my Mom years ago, we were best friends, then she started drinking a lot..... that's another story, I do miss her terribly, esp. with having Zack. My Grandparents were a huge part of my life and I wish he could have that, but her disease is making it very difficult. She is still alive, but in a lot of ways I have already lost her. She was starting to do better just before we moved, but after I left MI she got much worse which really made it hard for me. I've often thought of having her move out here with us, but I don't want the drinking around Zack, nor the person she turns into when she is drinking heavy.

Anyhow, enough of that blubber.... It's been raining here almost every day!

Well, off to get some stuff done today!

Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Not sure if ya'll read up on it on the mnf thread, but Dan's test results were mixed up, he's actually doing great! :)

ANY advice from above on the Iris'es? ppppplease?? lol

Hugs to you Vic, I'm sure you made a good but hard decision there..

Tracy.. eww! I can't even imagine what that looked like when you found it.. don't wanna either! lol

Hugs all,
    Wendy

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Wow - you girls have been BUSY!! I'm sorry I haven't been on here to speak of! I am just so thankful to see you've extended it, because I thought I was in big trouble!!! Between all the harvesting and preserving, the birthdays, and the aches and pains and tiredness of early pregnancy : ), I've spent very little time on the computer! But, I'm feeling better now, things are a little more under control, we've only got one more birthday this week, and I took the day off from Farmer's Market, so I'm in a great mood today!

I'm sorry I don't have time to read everything right now, but I hope everyone is doing well! I did notice the root beer recipe - thanks Annie! My kids will love that! And I'm sorry about your mom, Vic. That's got to be difficult!

I'll try to catch up on everything soon, but there is spaghetti sauce needing to get canned right now! Have a great day, everyone!!

Hugs,
    Becki

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, no big deal, I will get your box to you the week of the 16th. along with everyone else's. Digging in the dirt is really not work for me.

You see, there is a meaning to my madness, while I'm digging yours, I will dig the box of goodies for someone who I pull the name out of the bowl, hat etc.

Wendy, I know you will have your sad times at your moms and I pray each day it will get easier for you.

I don't think it would be a problem for you to dig up the ones that are planted, pot them up along with the rest and then when you get to your mom's house put them in a protected area. How cold does it get where your Mom's house is? Do you get snow? Just be sure they are not getting too wet. If so, put the pots on their sides; this will help avoid rot. I'm not a pro at this, just have learned from experience, and yes, I lose some to winter rot each year. I try to keep all the leaves off the iris, but I have six trees on the property + lots of lilac bushes which need to be thinned out.

Fran, I know I've lost some of Shelby's things over the years. I do have his first Teddy Bear that my best girlfriend brought to the hospital for him. Bless her heart she passed away just a couple of months ago from cancer. Every time I look at that bear it reminds me of her.

Ok, enough rambling, someone else's turn. Sassy do you have Kensie today?

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your mom and Becki, I hope the tiredness will pass soon, but does it ever when you are having a baby?

See, I always manage to miss something, and someone.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

2lbs. firm, ripe cantaloupe
    4 c. sugar
    Juice of 1 lemon
    1(3oz)package gelatin (peach, apricot, or orange)

Pare cantaloupe and cut into thin slices, 1 inch long. Combine cantaloupe slices and sugar and let set overnight. Then add lemon juice and cook until clear. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved. Pour into jars and seal. Yields 2 pints.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Dee, I'm so excited for you! You can finally feel like the end is near and you deserve it so much. I can't wait to see all the pics. I'll post you some Kenzie pics at the end of this post, okay???? lol Wow, 46*, goodness I wish. It doesn't look like Hanna is going to be much besides rain but I am concerned as to where Ike is going. If things don't change for the better someones gonna take a beating.

Mariann, sounds like you got a good guy to deal with. I'm so glad he got you all fixed up and without stealing you blind.

Annie reminds me of my Aunt, she's full steam ahead every second shes awake. I wish I had gotten it. Unfortunately, mine comes in spurts. lol

Fran I'm glad you're tucked away safely upstate. But like you said Hugo fooled people, it was strong long after hitting land. It got most people that have moved inland and lots of damage to Charleston, SC and more especially Mount Pleasant was devastated. I'll just be glad when Sept. is behind all of us on the east coast.

Pix that is just sad that will all that flooding and you didn't get a drop of rain. Mother Nature is so unpredictable. The Copenhagen stories are funny and they love it around here too. My Dad chewed Beech-nut chew tobacco and I hated it with a passion. (That he did it, I surely never tried it) They always love to see how far they can spit! lol It never stop amazing me what men get thrills out of. (Sorry Dan) lol

*subliminal hint* kenziefixkenziefixkenziefixkenziefix *wondering if she got it*
    LOL She got it!:)))

Tracy I had chicken breasts laid out to make your casserole tonight, then decided I'd wait until the 1st of the week. We had a late night last night and I've got to tell you girls. 1am this morning I hear Sassy (the dog, not me) going nuts barking and the front doorbell ringing. I look thru the glass and see Jerry, open the door and there stands Jerry with a shotgun pointing in the back of this black guy lying face down on the porch. Jerry said call 911, I did and they came and arrested the guy. For the last 3 weeks they have been all over town breaking into vehicles, they've already broken into ours 2 weeks ago but didn't get anything, they were just hunting money for a drug hit I'm sure. Our vehicles were unlocked because we don't leave anything in them anyway. Anyway, Jerry went and bought survailence sensors that detect any movement in the yard, and has it set up so he knows which side of the yard they are at. So when it went off, he peeked out of the window and saw his truck light on, he has a door on the side of his bedroom for quick running out for fire calls and he slipped out that door, stuck the gun barrel in the guys back and made him crawl to the front door so he could ring the doorbell and wake me up.
    Now I've just hung up with 911 and it hits me, just how mad I am! I best not post anymore, lets just say my portable house phone is deceased. Ok, that was the end to my night. lol

Wendy, hugs sweetie, just know we're all here for you anytime you need to talk. No I didn't get an email, but I think I still have it, let me check and I'll let you know.

Vic...I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, that must be hard for you. I also need your addy, I think I still have Trina's.

Annie, later I'll take a pic of the worst thing I've ever kept of Julie's. Its a gotta see thing. lol

Tracy I can't imagine saving the umbilical cord. lol The clamp I can understand. Not the cord, thats a new Mommy for ya!

Becki!!!! What did I miss? You're pregnant????? And you didn't email me????? *frown* jk, I'm so happy for you, oh my you sure did surprise me with that one. When are you due? Girl you better be emailing me with some details!
    lol

Annie, yes I still have McKenzie. I'll have her until tommorrow night. and speaking of......here's a few pics for ya

Ok, you know I can hardly stop when it comes to Kenzie!

I'll be on later after the munchkin goes nitey nite!
    Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey all. Wendy, I am sure you are having a really hard time right now, but you will come to a point when you will be really glad to be in your moms house. She will be there with you in everyway. You'll see, and understand what I mean. You will appreciate it.

Vic, that really is sad about your mom, to bad you can't get her out there with you and dry. Intervention. I know, it is a hard hard thing.

Annie, I am so glad you like playing in the dirt so much. Kind of reminds yah of being a kid again don't it....LOL.

Becki, if you don't start feeling better with being tired you might want to have your iron checked.

Sassy...OMG, good thing hubby caught the creep...sorry about your phone, poor phone. I am sure it was a good one. Glad you any hubby are ok though, it could have been bad. I wish I could have seen the guy crawling with a shot gun pointed at him. Maybe it will get around the creep circuit NOT to mess with the guy with the shot gun and the crazy lady's house....LOL.

As usually shes a cutie pie. I WANT ONE!!!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Tracy, I called Jamie today and had him pick up stuff to make the choc. chip cookies, and some p. butter, and there are 2 kinds of sour cream cookies in the book we are going to try. We bought a big thing of sour cream at costco last week and I know we will never use it so.....
    I've safely hidden away my icecream book lol. There is a really good sounding one for peppermint-stick, a frozen strawberry wine, Bellini freeze(made with Asti), and lots more yummy ones that I would not be able to share with Zack!

Becki, CONGRATS!! That's wonderfull news!! I hope you start feeling better. Nice to hear from you.

Annie, I sure could use some of your energy! I put Zack down for a nap today and fell asleep with him for 2 1/2hrs! I still didn't wake up feeling refreshed! LOL

Dee, I sure hope you get to move in soon! I bet your getting excited!

Wendy, I've read that iris will be good for a month or longer out of the ground, but you could just leave them in the box and throw some dirt on top of em so they don't get too dry rather than pot them all up, or maybe a bucket with holes in the bottom?

Sassy, that would have scared the p right outta me! I'm glad he got him tho! Kenzie is such a cutie-pie!

Fran, I'm sure Dan will love his box! You worry too much! LOL

I'm sure I'm missing someone, it's only taken me about 45 min to write this lol. Btwn Zack wanting to color, then stickers, then a pc of cinnamon bread, pulling stickers off the wall, Jamie wanting something (he's sick now). now Zack wants milk, lol. No wonder I forget who I'm saying what too!

Vic

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran I told him thats the part I hated that I didn't get a pic! lol Believe me when I say, I'll never forget that but to have a pic would have been so funny, today that is. Before I cut the light on, I could see Jerry standing outside the door, I opened the door and could see Jerry standing there in whitie tities and the whites of that guys eyes. lol It was crazy. lol Seriously, I'm certainly glad everything went like it did believe me.
    You have to know Jerry is the most calm, collected guy you'll ever meet in any situation. He doesn't know the word 'panic'. Thank goodness.

Oh, and yes, I surely hope the word gets around, lol. I'll have to admit I did go a bit "C"! lol

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Sassy, sent ya my addy. And btw, how is hubby's arm doing??

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic, I know what you mean, I missed your post while typing, which I've been working on for several hours on and off. lol We do the best we can to speak to everyone, thats all we can do:) Thanks Kenzie definitely owns my heart:)

Ok Fran, you started the 'research' so lets play it again, it was really fun, I had totally forgotten about it.

We're gonna find out everyone's 'Porn Name'

1) Name of your first animal
    2) Name of the 1st street/road you lived on

Thats your porn name! Tell the truth!

Lets go!!!!!!!!!

And btw, I'm Spunky Dogwood Powers! Just in case any of you did't 'research'.

Fran, I hope you know I'm playing with you girlie! I'm so glad you found that! We did have fun, I had just forgotten about it:)) So lets go..........

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Actually Sassy dear, Wendy did the "research" on that....lol.

OMG, that's a big squirrel...lol.

I can't tell yah what my first pets name was cuz I can't remember...no really I can't. I know the name of our "FAMILY" pet when I was a kid, just not the first one I ever had that was really mine. Ummm, I will sleep on it and see if I can remember...lol.

I am going to bed, night all.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

yep.. twas me :)

ok my so-called porn name is...
    Snowball Dallas-Acworth Hwy..

somehow that just doesn't sound very porny to me! :P
    Glad it wasn't the 2nd pet... that was Marshmallow! LOL

Hugs and G'morning everyone,
    Wendy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Morning All!

I imagine Shelby and DeAnna are at the hospital to get those nasty stones zapped, they don't answer either phone, or return a text message. My poor guy has been plagued with them ever since he had chemo. I remember them giving medicine to him for the uric acid, but apparently it just didn't work.

You guys are so funny, My porn name would be Butchy Sampson. LOL.

Sassy, great pics of Kenzie and her mommie, I'm sure Kenzie will cherish them forever.

Vic good idea on the iris,

Speaking of putting dirt on things I've got some daylily that came in and they've been soaking in water all week. I'm going to put them in pots till I'm on my time off again next Friday. Its way to wet to be digging, my rain gauge said we got 3 inches yesterday. The iris hate it but the hosta love it.

Be back in a few.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Wow, last night you guys were busy! lol!

Becki, Congratulations Darlin! I am so happy for you and your family. I hope you are feeling better soon. You must be exhausted with all the canning and crop collecting on top of the pregnancy. Wow! So how far along are you?

Sassy, that is the craziest thing! I have this mental image of Jerry out there in his BVD's holding the shotgun on that guy. Song playing in my head is "Bad Boys, what you gonna do when they come for you, Bad Boys, Bad Boys!" That is too scary. Poor phone, it will be missed. (Playing Taps now).

Kenzie is just gorgeous! I love those eyes. She is a heart breaker! Julie looks great! What beautiful girls you have Miss Sassers.

Wendy, I missed that you were moving in to your Mom's place somehow. I'm thinking it will be hard at first but then the good memories will take over.

OK, my porn name would be Cookie Ernadale. I don't know what to make of that! LOL!

Vic, you and I are on the same page. I was out of eggs and went to the store last night to get some for making those cookies! lol! I don't think I've ever made the sour cream cookies before. You'll have to let me know how those turn out. There are some pretty good ginger snap recipes in there too. I bake those at christmas time and crush them up to use as the crust for my Eggnog Cheesecake. Soo good!

Annie, I am just rolling at Butchy Sampson! Rofl! I hope all goes well with Shelby's surgery today. His wife takes good care of him I bet. Hugs!

Has anyone here ever divided Astilbe? Mine are getting a little too big for their spots and figure that as September cools the weather down it migh be a good time to do it.

Dee, I am dying to see some pictures of the house. I hope you get to move in soon, you must be so anxious by now.

Tracy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Tracy, DeAnna will call or text me as soon as she finds something out.

I think Astilbe are very easy to divide. I dig mine put in water.(unless of course you don't have a container big enough) let set over night and the divisions should loosen for you pretty easy.

I think the sun is going to shine today. I'm going to run and put some mad money for Shelby in his account. Shelby likes flowers, but I'm sure he will like the money better:O):O).

I will be back later, if not I can come online where I will be staying while I'm working. I might just head there after I make the deposit, as it will take a couple of hours up and back.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran that thing was huge, I didn't realize it was that big so I took it off. Sorry about the mix up, I thought sure it was you for some reason.

Snowball thanks for reminding me of a fun game, I had completely forgotten about it.

Annie I sure hope Shelby gets along better after his procedure. I feel for anyone that has those darn stones. Both of my brothers have them at times. I'm so glad he has a good wife that takes care of him. Butchy, lol!

Oh sweet Cookie! I'll have to tell Jerry about that song, very fitting, lol.

• beckilove
    15 years ago

Okay, I'd be Sparky someone - I don't remember the names of the streets I lived on as a kid!

I hope everything goes well for Shelby today, Annie! Poor guy!

Thanks for the congrats! I am 8 weeks right now - not really far yet. My due date is April 15 - tax day! Fun! I am past the REALLY bad exhaustion now - for a while, I just couldn't get myself to do anything, it was bad. I called the dr. and told him my thyroid must have taken a plunge again, so he had me come in and get all my blood tests done (even though I don't have my first appt. for about a week and a half yet), and they called and said my thyroid was fine. So, it was just way worse than I had ever experienced. Then, I was processing all these tomatoes, making spaghetti sauce and such, and the smell of tomatoes, garlic or onions made me sick every time! It was a bad few weeks. But, I think I'm past that now, so things are looking up!

Adorable pictures of Kenzie!!! And, Sassy, girl! I'm glad you and Jerry are both okay! I would have been SO mad at him!! What if there had been a second guy??? I'm so glad it all ended well! Whew! (And sorry I didn't tell you sooner! I'll try to get an email to you later.)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Becki

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Anni, (Butchy LOL) let us know when you hear about Shelby please!

Hmmm, my "porn name" isn't too exciting - Skippy Rich

Good luck with the astilbe Tracy, I've never gotten one big enough to divide! I did collect seeds before, just kept all the old blooms after they dried. I'm gonna have to get the eggnog cheesecake recipe from you, that sounds soooo good!

Wendy, just a thought, if it wouldn't be too hard on you right now, what about just taking them over to your Mom's and sticking them in the ground? Even if it's not right where you want them, it would get something done and out of your way, you could move them next year. But, I don't know if you would be up to that right now.

Becki, I don't know how you are doing all that you are, I remember waking up one day and I was just exhausted! I couldn't figure out why! Then I found out! LOL
    I found out I was pregnant before I even missed a . They did an ultrasound and caught the egg in my tube still! Boy, what a LONG pregnancy!!

Maybe we should do a "porn swap" LOL and have to include something with the persons porn name in it! Just think Tracy, you might get a batch of cookies!!

and now I can't get that outta my head "Bad boys, bad boys" LOL With visions of Sassy at the door in her nighty (if she wears one) and hubby in his BVD's. I wonder if the nieghbors seen any of it!

Vic

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

OMG, I am laughing so hard at Skippy! I have this image of you in pigtails and a little school uniform just skipping around the house! ROFL! I think it ties with the Xena image! LOL! I will dig out my egg nog cheesecake a little later and post it tonight. :o) It has white chocolate and nutmeg shavings on top. So pretty!

Ah Sparky? I'm thinking hard hat and welding tools! LOL! I'm glad you're feeling better alreaydy. At 8 weeks I was just starting to feel the yick coming on and it last till I was 8 months along. That was with my second pregnancy. Oh that was a long and ugly one. So glad that is over! LOL! I'm glad the thyroid checked out ok and you won't have to play with that too much. My SIL had trouble with hers during a couple of her pregnancies. She was constantly getting bloodwork done and adjusting her meds. Like we don't go to the dr. enough when we're pregnant, ya know?

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok well first Congrats Becki!!!

April Long Branch.

Oh Geeze isn't that awful?

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Wendy - I just want to chime in with the others to say that I believe you'll adjust to living in your mom's house and be so thankful you're there.

DH and I purchased my parent's house about 5 years ago. I was the executor of Mom's estate and had cleared everything out (and painted) before moving in but it was still VERY hard for a while. When we remodeled the kitchen, DH and I did it ourselves, I sat in the floor and cried when the took out their cabinets. It felt so disrespectful... like I was throwing away something so dear to them.

It took my mother's sister coming in one day, long after the kitchen was finished, and saying, "Oh, Honey! This is beautiful! Your mom would have loved this." for me to realize that, indeed she would have! If she had still been in good health, she would have been over the moon about the changes.

{{gwi:1295575}}

{{gwi:1295576}}

{{gwi:1295577}}

With each passing year, it gets easier to make changes to make the place "ours" but, for me, it's more "home" than any other place I've ever lived. I think it will feel that way for you too.

On a lighter note, my porn name would be Sugar Caroline.

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I'm back to where I will be staying when I'm working. Shelby is fine, sore, but fine. I told him to be sure to soak it will help with being so sore. I think they went through you know where!!!!OMG

Sugar Caroline,nice job on the kitchen, I love the color.

I love all these porn names!

As I was driving I spotted this little post office and I had to pull over to get a picture of it. I guess it is suppose to be the Smallest in the USA, anyway, that is what the sign said.

It was in St.Augustine, Illinois

LIfe is Good,
    Annie AKA Butchy Sampson

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

I'm going to have to go back and correct the post master. I was looking it up on the net, and according to the picture on the net the one in Ochopee, Florida is the smallest.

Ok, I'm searching for the post office I took a picture of.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/14154

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic, I think I missed your post asking about Jerrys arm, its healing really well. He still has numbness in 2 of his fingers but hopefully in time that will return. Hey, I think Skippy Rich is too cute! That porn swap would be interesting, lol. I'm not sure if any of the neighbors saw anything.

Becki please don't worry, I know how busy you've been, you just take care of yourself and that new baby. I am so excited for you:))) About Jerry, you have to understand not 6 months ago they broke into his work trailer and he had to replace $5000 worth of tools. It would do me no good to say anything about him going out there. Believe me if another guy tried to come at him the entire neighborhood would have been awakened and he wouldn't have been shooting in the air. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the idea of it, but I know I wouldn't change his mind. And to tell you the truth, I'm sick and tired of these creeps in my yard in the middle of the night. I'm just glad everything went as it should and I'm going to hope theres not a 'next' time.

Pat your kitchen is beautiful and I know your Mom would be proud about it.

We're starting to get rain bands from the storm but its not supposed to hit land until midnight or later, somewhere between Myrtle Beach and the NC line. Its so weird to look out the window and the sun is shining so pretty but its pouring rain. But that comes and goes.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Tracy, only you would come up with the school girl thing! LOL
    Sparky makes me think holding sparklers while wearing.... LOL
    No hurry on the recipe, I was thinking for the holidays, but I guess they are right around the corner! EEEEK!

Pat, your kitchen looks great! and how is the rest of the house coming along now?

Fran, LOL! I'm glad I didn't live on long branch!!

• beckilove
    15 years ago

OMG, Vic - I've known too, since before I missed one - I could tell about a week before, and it feels like I have known forever!! I called the dr. office on the first day I missed (having gotten a + on a test 4 days beforehand), and told them I needed a prenatal, and they said, he'll see you at 10 weeks, and I'm like, you're kidding - that's still 6 weeks away!! Ugh! Now it's less than 2, so that's not so bad - but the time has just inched on.

Pat, you did a beautiful job on the kitchen! I can imagine, though, that was very hard!

These porn names are fun!!

Oh, Sassy. I understand why he needed to do it. Trust me! I can just imagine though how things could have gone another way. I'm so glad they didn't! And I am certainly glad this guy is going to get what he deserves now!! Way to go, Jerry!! I'm glad he is doing better now!

That post office is adorable!!!

Oh, Tracy - I can't imagine having that yicky stuff all the way through!!! Yuck!

Oh, I hear the school bus, the kids are home! Have a great evening, everyone!

Becki

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Butchy Sampson! I completely missed your post! Well it may not be the smallest in the world but it is the cutest, I just love it!

Pat I should have said....Sugar..... I love your kitchen, lol.

I love this too Annie its so funny. And yes they do go thru the OMG! *yikes* I'm so glad hes doing okay and sorry I couldn't talk earlier much, Kenzie was trying to go to sleep and that child fights sleep so bad. I'll do what we talked about:)

• pat_6
    15 years ago

Oops! Sorry that those pictures are so big! I didn't really mean for them to be. When I resized, they just didn't look so oversized on my monitor. The good news is that this thread is about full, isn't it? These pics won't slow it down too much. (Or at least not for very long.) On second thought, maybe I should just go back and resize them. I think I will.

Thanks for the nice words about the kitchen remodel. I DO love it but what I wrote to Wendy was true. It took me a long time to get over feeling like I was destroying something. I posted the pictures because I think they're a pretty good indicator of how heartbroken I was at the time that I couldn't feel like it was a positive change. If Mom had been here and SHE had remodeled her kitchen, I would have thought it a remarkable improvement. It just felt disloyal for me to do it.

But as many of you know, I seem to be over that now. LOL!

Vic - Progress is still underway.

The contractor is nearing completion of his part of the garage. (DH insists on doing the electrical and drywall himself.) They are supposed to finish the roofing and install siding next week.

Our plan was to begin the house facade changes next year but one thing has led to another and I guess they will go ahead with the roof in a couple of weeks, though Chuck and I will not be installing the new windows and siding until next spring/summer. I can't tell you how much I dread living in the house while they work on that project. (For those who don't know, I'm not talking about just having new shingles installed. We're actually having the roof removed and changed from a 4/12 pitch to an 8/12 pitch with a gabled front.)

The pool project is still incomplete but it does now hold water and have an operational filtering system! (Another DIY project) We hope to get the backfilling finished next week and have the concrete guy here to do the apron the week after that. I told my husband that we absolutely must have that finished so that I can finally plant these dozens of perennials that I've kept in pots all summer!

So, that's probably a lot more detail than you were counting on when you asked the question. All I can say is we have too many projects this year!

Pat