Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new: ~fall seed round robin~

Posted by debbya z4IL (da1763@aol.com) on
Wed, Aug 9, 06 at 17:04

I would love to host a FALL Seed Robin.. I have plenty of seeds to share, plus have received so many in trades (robin boxes) that I can't use. Who's interested? Please post here.
Also, let's include some small 'gifts' (just to add to the fun). I'll include a seperate large ziplock bag for these items, plus a ziplock for the seeds (largest size-gallon). Gifts should be small, votives/candles, lotions, gloves, soaps, notepads, permanent markers, plant spikes, decorative things to put in pots, macrame hangers, plant markers, suncatchers, windchimes, anything really-homemade or store purchased.
Please take out whatever you want, but be thoughtful and replace with the same amount or more.

I'll use a flat-rate priority box (to keep costs reasonable). Please post when you receive the box, and when it's going out. And use delivery confirmation. I don't want the box to disappear.

Start going through your seeds...and collecting more! ;)The box will start it's flight on Sept. 4th. (MONDAY).

I'll post the flight list the last week of August (28th-Monday). This will give plenty of time to sign up, plus collect seeds, go through what you have.

Let the fun begin~

Thanks so much!
Deb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new: ~fall seed round robin~

Sounds GREAT! I want to play if I can be put a little lower on the list. (I will be out of town for a couple of weeks the first of Sept. babysitting my youngest grand baby!)LMK Brenda

o

I'll play. Count me in!

o

hello
I have never done a RR only swaps.
I'd like to join.
thanks for starting
michelle

o

I would very much like to join! Please count me in.

(just a note: Monday Sept 4th is Labor Day so I assume it will start on the 5th? :)

o

I have read the faq but not sure still how rr works

Do we all send the seed packets to the host and the full box travels around to all the paticipants, or does the box arrive, and you pick out how ever many packets you want, and replace with the same number?

If the later is the case who fills the box so the first person has something to pick?

Or does each person send starter seeds (like 5 packets) to fill the box and then add more when the box arrives? Like if the sent 5 packs to the host, and the package arrives, and they like 10 packs they add 5 more to make up the difference.

Sorry if dumb questions, I just could not figure it out.

and what if you don't see anything you like?

o

Hey Deb,

I would love to play, if it is possible for me to be put near the front of the list? Since we are moving out-of-state in October. If so, count me in!

~Summer

o

Summer,
I'll put you down first, since your moving.

Brenda,
You'll be lower on the list.

As for questions...
The Round Robin box of seeds (and gifts) will go from person to person, with you picking out whatever you want from the box- but replacing it with equal or more items.

In answer to the question, 'What if you don't like any of the seed varieties.' I'm not really sure what to say- we all take chances when we sign up for a robin. I worked on it today for two hours (gathering seeds, labeling them), going through several seed baskets. I keep all my seeds in baskets, much cuter than boxes. ;)
I found TONS of seeds, many 'rare' and of course, some common. But, what's common to me, might be rare to you, LOL! I added enough gifts, plus seeds to make this a very FAT robin, and it didn't even start yet!
Plus, others will have seeds to add, so the box will be constantly changing, and growing!

Tuesday Sept. 5th is the robin's day to fly.. I forgot about the 4th.

Deb

o

I would love to join. I love the idea of extra gifts.
Count me in
Connie
jagladyla@aol.com

o

sign me up please!! my first roundrobin!! i dont have many seeds (being a newbie and all) but i do have goodies/gifts.....i have a friend that my mom works with sending me a few seeds too! so ill throw some of those in!
thanks.
do i email you my address now or wait?
~Kimberly
tantylyznlysweet@aol.com

o

Hi Deb, I'd like to join IF we can keep the size to a flat rate priority box. Sometimes when gifts are included we get carried away and the box gets bigger and bigger. Gifts are nice but the seeds should be the main thing. Not trying to be bossy with your Robin. Please accept this suggestion as it is intended.
Suggestion that if you are sending something specific as a hostess gift... send it direct and not in the robin box. This should help to limit the size.
BB

o

Can I play? I'm looking for plum, purple, magenta or maroon jumbo zinnias....anything else is just gravy. I have a bunch of good seeds; I just hate typing out all the names for exchange & trades :)))

Oh, and are these all fall-blooming seeds, or are they any seeds we have left in the fall?

Lime

o

I would love to join but, I am severely chemically sensitive, so need to wait until someone starts a robin with no candles and other sented items. The other thing is this flowers only, or veggies, too. I did not see that stated?

do veggie/ herb only robins exist?

Are partial seed packets ok?

mary

o

Any and all seeds, as long as they are properly labeled- and not old. Veggies, herbs, flowers, houseplants. And yes, partial packages of seeds are ok, just make sure the seed pack is taped well.

I've done many robins with seeds/little gifts, and so far the priority (large) flatrate fits everything well. Because usually your taking items out-and then replacing.

Also, when your ready to join, send me your GW name, real name, address.

Thanks,
Deb

o

I do not know if the the priority box explanaton was meant for me, but that is not my concern. I am serverely allergic to any thing scented such as lotion, or candles, soaps, permanent markers, and personal care products. Plant spikes (fertilizer) are made of petro chemicals too. If the gifts did not contain that sort of thing, I would join. But I am sure you are not willing to change the rules for me. I will catch one next time no scented items are in the box. It all sounds like fun. I am looking at items in a gardening catalog I might get for the gift. Is there a price suggestion for the gift? I know asking too many questions since I can't do this robin, boo hoo

Mary

o

Mary,
Sorry you unable to join. I'm sure someone will host a seed robin in the near future. I love the idea of seeds, little garden items, personal items (plant related or not) included in the robin.

The flat rate boxes are a bargain, you can pack them full for $8.10 plus .50 delivery confirmation (so the box doesn't get lost, and we can track it).

I worked on the box tonight again-adding more seed, and have it basically ready! I'm also drying more seed to add... "Black Krim" tomato, "Brandy Wine" tomato, "Golden Delicious" (the best yellow tomato, I've ever had), "Black Beauty" zucchini.
The box is going to contain a wide variety of seeds... Red Japanese Maple seeds, Yellow Japanese Oleander, Mexican Hat, "Rosie Lights clematis", Royal Empress Tree, streptocarpus "Bristol's Meow Meow", Malva, yellow Datura, Pink Foxglove, Pink Hollyhock, Mammoth Sunflowers, Snapdragon, Rose of Sharon, Chinese Forget me nots, Black Barlow Columbine, 4 O'clock fuschia, 4 O'clock yellow, Giant Sunflower, Liriope, Pride of Madeira, Joe Pye Weed, Yellow Foxglove, Chaste Tree, Pink Bee balm, Tall Zinnias, Viburnum (shrub), King Edward VII-Sweet Pea, regular Peas, Caladonian Orange -Mini Tree seeds, Snow Berry Bush (Symphorocarpos Albus), Lavender Datura, Fuschia Hollyhocks, Fireball bush, Cream colored Hybiscus, White Baby's breath, Trumpet Lily-white, Larkspur (blue), Giant eucalyptus aka.."Blue Gum", Mixed Hosta, Crimson Clover- 2 pkgs, white clematis, Straw flower-white, Nicandra, Lunaria Biennis (Money plant), Corn cockle-purple, Gilia Tricolor-Lilac, Jasmine, Laqteria Tree, Burgandy Maple tree, Foxglove, Alma P. Aster, Blanket Flower, White rose of Sharon, Swamp Milkweed, Foxglove (Shirley Hybrid mix), Nicotiana-bright pink, Latris-purple, Milkweed "Incarnata "Cinderella", Rose Campion "hot pink", Paprika yarrow, Rose balsam, yellow chamomile, Tulip popular, Hollyhocks-wine, Red paper poppy, Lavender rose of Sharon, Budeleia "Black Knight", Morning glory mix, "Heavenly blue" morning glory, Chickory-blue, Coreopsis "Plains", bee balm-purple, cardinal vine, Sapphire Dragon tree. Many, many seeds.. LOL.. Plus, I'm sure I'll add more.

Deb

o

Hi Deb, I would love to join. Please sign me up and I will e-mail you my info. Thanks!

Deanie

o

Hey Deb I would love to join also...by the way I have a ton of magenta giant zinnia to put in for Lime. If you have something for a specific person is that o.k. I will put in extra packs for other people too. ;) Susan/giverny4me.

Miss Mary, you should start a chemically sensitive robin, I bet you could get quite a few people...just a thought.

o

chemically sensitive robin, a cool idea. I may take you up on it.

I have very few seeds though, so I need to be creative to find a way to stock up the box. Maybe donations? I'll figure it out.

What happens to all the seeds left over when the box returns to the host? I am thinking a veggie/herb robin would interest me. I am not much into the exotic flowers. I do like the wild native sort though. Don't be surprised to see a robin started by me, one of these days.

I have a chemical sensitive web site. If anyone has mcs, there are lots of resources listed to help you out. The link is on my member page. I hope it is ok to mention this. I am not selling anything.

Mary

o

I would love to join. Please sign me up.
Anna

o

Hello Deb
I was just wondering if you received my info that I e-mailed you?

o

I checked my email (and spam section too) and have the following addresses.

Connie H.- I need your GW ID.

Zoegurl2001, KayEmell, Bogartbaby (have all your info).

Thanks,
Deb

o

Hi Deb,

I'd love to join in too. I have a ton of extra seeds, especially for a being a newer gw member, would love to share a nice bunch. I am in the process of phasing out my old email address on my trade page. My new email is- firegurl@gmail.com, please send any emails to that address.

Thanks!
:) Danielle
Firegurl

o

Hi Again,

Ooops, my new email is--- firegurl389@gmail.com
I forgot the numbers, LOL. sorry.

:) Danielle
Firegurl

o

Hi Deb! Just catching up on posts. Have emailed you my info!
~Kimberly

o

I would like to be included.

THanks,
Marie

o

Just emailed you all my info. I am looking forward to the Robin. Thanks for hosting! Brenda

o

Hi Deb, This is Connie H. checking in.
Gw id is jagladyla

o

Just checking in on the board. I am getting excited for this one to get started. I love seeds, and have lots to share! Thanks for starting this fun robin Deb. :)

~Summer

o

Hi Deb...Please count me in. I have lots of seeds to share as well. Thanks for hosting!- Lisa

o

Hi Deb did you get my address? Susan/giverny4me.

o

I'd love to join also! I was going to start a seed round robin when I saw this one! I'll send my info, and if I'm too late, I'll understand!

Melissa

o

Hi Deb,

Just wondering if you got my email with my info.
plmk thanks!

:) Danielle 'Firegurl'
firegurl389@gmail.com

o

I've been busy, and will go through all my emails tomorrow. And let everyone know who's info I received.
My kids started school on Tuesday, so I'll have more time on the computer/emails. ;)

Deb

o

I just wanted to ask, how/if I could get involved in this swap. I am new to gardenweb but swaps are old hat for me.

Thanks,
Nica

o

Hi Deb,Could I please be included in the round robin?I have sooo many seeds and goodies ( I just love adding extras) I can contribute!This sounds like so much fun! : )
I will email my info.Please let me know if I made it in on time?
Thanks!
Nancy (cedarnest)

o

Nancy and Nica, welcome to garden web. There are lots of things going on here and we are a friendly bunch.
You can start getting ready for action by posting your have/want lists on your member page and telling a little about yourself and your gardens. That helps everyone know what things they might be able to swap with you.
Have fun and happy swapping.
BB

o

Hi,

Just wanted to repost now that my email is officially updated.
I'm already collection for this swap!! Can you tell that i'm excited?
;) Danielle
Firegurl

o

Hi everyone,

I would love to join this swap, Ive already got a few items in mind. I am new to swaps so I might need a little direction but Id love to be included. Thank you!

o

Went through every email. I have info for all the following names-

Jagladyla
Zoegurl2001
KayEmell
Bogartbaby
Cedarnest
MimiB1
Micyrey
Firegurl
Lisa Moore (I need your GW ID)
Candy Strassman (I need your GW ID)
Badzoe
Lil_Green_Thumb
Chassidysmommy
wynative

Sending anything lately through the GW seems to get lost. Email me directly. DA1763@aol.com

Thanks,
Deb

o

I'd like to join this round robin please, Deb. This will be my first. I collected some fresh seed today. I'll send my info to your email.

Thanks,
Sam

o

Sam,
I'm sure your going to be thrilled (and addicted) to joining SEED round robins after this one! So many seeds to choose from! I'm adding seeds daily (as they are ready and dry out).

I'll look tonight again in my email, and update the list.

Deb

o

I would love to join. thanks for hosting this....

o

Count me in. I will send you an email.

This is my 1st round robin, thanks for doing this!

Alice
michiganalice

o

Count me in too please. Sounds like fun! Dee

o

UPDATED LIST-

Jagladyla -CONNIE
Zoegurl2001 -SUMMER
KayEmell -KRISTEN
Bogartbaby -DEANIE
Cedarnest -NANCY
MimiB1 -BRENDA
Micyrey -MICHELLE
Firegurl -DANIELLE
Lisa Moore (I need your GW ID)
Candy Strassman (I need your GW ID)
Badzoe -KRISTI
Lil_Green_Thumb -KIMBERLY
Chassidysmommy -MELISSA
wynative -MARIE
Limequilla -SUZY
Squanzon -SUE
antiquegardenfairy -SANDRA
Azura -JILL
michiganalice -ALICE

Sending anything lately through the GW seems to get lost. Email me directly. DA1763@aol.com

Thanks,

Deb

o

Hi Deb, don't forget me. Do you need my address or do you still have it?
BB

o

Beth,
Thanks for reminding me. I've been coordinating the list, just by email/addresses received. Yes, I have all your info.

Your on the list now! ;)

Deb

o

Hi, I would really love to do this, I never participated in a round robin before but I have plenty of seeds :-) so I might need some guidence.

Thanks,
Wendey
Wendeyzee

o

I would love to join in too. This sounds like fun!

o

I went through all my emails again, here's another updated list. If your name isn't on the list, I don't have your info.

UPDATED LIST-
Jagladyla -CONNIE
Zoegurl2001 -SUMMER
KayEmell -KRISTEN
Bogartbaby -DEANIE
Cedarnest -NANCY
MimiB1 -BRENDA
Micyrey -MICHELLE
Firegurl -DANIELLE
Lisa Moore (I need your GW ID)*****
Candy Strassman
Badzoe -KRISTI
Chassidysmommy -MELISSA
wynative -MARIE
Limequilla -SUZY
Squanzon -SUE
Azura -JILL
michiganalice -ALICE
bethbkodiak -BETH
Nica13 -JOHNA
ghoghunter -JOANN

o

Adding Wendeyzee (Wendy) to the list. I'll update it tonight, after checking my email.

Deb

o

Thanks Deb, I'm soooo excited :-D
Wendey

o

If you still have room? Count me in

Debbie

o

Hi Deb--Can I still join? Let me know so I can send my information to you. Thanks--Susan

o

We have room for a few more! The cutoff date will be Friday 25th.

Deb

o

Me too, please.
constance bunn

o

Count on me too. This is my first as well. Thnak you

Donna Kaye

o

I would like to join too if it's not too late. I will email you my address.
Thanks
Daphne

o

UPDATED LIST-
Jagladyla -CONNIE
Zoegurl2001 -SUMMER
KayEmell -KRISTEN
Bogartbaby -DEANIE
Cedarnest -NANCY
MimiB1 -BRENDA
Micyrey -MICHELLE
Firegurl -DANIELLE
Candy Strassman -Candycow
Badzoe -KRISTI
Chassidysmommy -MELISSA
wynative -MARIE
Limequilla -SUZY
Squanzon -SUE
Azura -JILL
michiganalice -ALICE
bethbkodiak -BETH
Nica13 -JOHNA
ghoghunter -JOANN
Wendyzee-WENDY
Gingerbreadgirl-CONSTANCE

Hi,
Just went through all my email, and updated the list again. Several wanted to join, but didn't send me the info yet. Please do quickly...if your name isn't on the list, I don't have your info.

Deb

o

Deb-
If there's still time, I'd love to join. I've never done one of these before but I'd love to try it. I'll send you my info right now!
Thanks,
-Elizabeth

o

UPDATED LIST-
Jagladyla -CONNIE
Zoegurl2001 -SUMMER
KayEmell -KRISTEN
Bogartbaby -DEANIE
Cedarnest -NANCY
MimiB1 -BRENDA
Micyrey -MICHELLE
Firegurl -DANIELLE
Candy Strassman -Candycow
Badzoe -KRISTI
Chassidysmommy -MELISSA
wynative -MARIE
Limequilla -SUZY
Squanzon -SUE
Azura -JILL
michiganalice -ALICE
bethbkodiak -BETH
Nica13 -JOHNA
ghoghunter -JOANN
Wendyzee-WENDY
Gingerbreadgirl-CONSTANCE
zabecc-ELIZABETH

Elizabeth, your added to the list, thanks for sending in your info. so promptly.

Deb

o

Ok, It's over... I included everyone that sent in the information promptly (to my direct email address). When sending through GW, email gets lost.

I have the final list- this is the "SEED ROBIN'S FLIGHT PATH"

#1 Zoegurl2001- SUMMER
#2 Jagladyla-CONNIE
#3 Kayemell-KRISTEN
#4 Bethbkodiak-BETH
#5 Bogartbaby-DEANIE
#6 Cedarnest-NANCY
#7 Micyrey-MICHELLE
#8 Firegurl-DANIELLE
#9 MimiB1-BRENDA
#10 Wynative-MARIE
#11 Squanzon-SUE
#12 Badzoe-KRISTI
#13 Lil_Green_Thumb-KIMBERLY
#14 Chassidysmommy-MELISSA
#15 Debbya-DEB (mid flight re-freshing/seed replenishing/gifts)
#16-Candycow-CANDY
#17 Limequilla-SUZY
#18 Antiquegardenfairy-SANDRA/SAM
#19 Azura-JILL
#20 Michiganalice-ALICE
#21 Anica13-JOHNA
#22 ghoghunter-JOANN
#23 Wendyzee-WENDY
#24 Gingerbreadgirl-CONSTANCE
#25 Zabecc-ELIZABETH
#26 Lisa Moore (never did get your Garden web ID), but do have all your info).
#27 BACK HOME! Debbya

I'm so excited to get this started! I'm still adding seeds! I'll post a new thread to track the seed robin. "FALL SEED ROBIN FLIGHT PATH"

Thanks to all who joined!

The list is final..please let me know if you need to drop out for any reason!

Deb

o

Oh Deb, that's exciting. I must admit I'm thankful to be near the begining. One of the many reasons I seldom do RR's is that I have the patience of a gnat. LOL
This one sounded exciting and I'm gathering up seeds to feed the birdie when she gets here.
BB

o

Did I make it in time? I would love to be involved.

o

wohoooooooo!!! cant wait!!!!

o

Hi Deb...sorry you didn't get my GW ID - I emailed it to you awhile back. We had to replace our computer hard drive - so I've had some computer problems and haven't been able to log onto GW lately. Anyway, I'm looking forward to participating and I'm sure it will be fun! - Lisa Moore

o

The robin went out today! Summer, it's on the way! USPS tracking 0305 0830 0004 1527 2202.

This swap is closed, sorry to those who signed up here, but information never made it to my personal email. The robin is only going to those on the previous list. If you sent your message/information through the garden web, it never made it to me.

I'll post a new thread- "Fall Seed Robin's Flight Path"

See you there! Post all new messages on the new thread.

Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here