Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micyrey

UPDATE: wish list swap

Michelle Reynolds
16 years ago

hello

just as a reminder, sign-ups are open till sept 1st, and all final lists should be posted by then.

here is my FINAL list I promise

amaranthus

agahstachi - purple pygmy

- any except honey bee blue and golden jubalee

blushing susie vine

bee balm/manarda - white and red

butterfly bush

cosmos - any

coneflowers - harvest moon

- paradoxia yellow

- sunset

- sundown

- ruby star

- any except purple and black eyed susan

columbine - any

coriopsis - jethro tull

- limerock dream

- pin wheel

- presto

- sweet dreams

- mardi gras

- any

dill

deanthus - any purple or red

delphinium - magic fountain white

- summer skies

- belladonna

- most any blue or white

fennel - green or bronze

false nettle

geranium - any annual or perenial

hostas - any seeds

larkspurs - blues

merigold - simba

milkweed

ornamental peppers

paw paw

poppies - fancy feathers

- other frilly

- any realy

sunflowers - any essp. reds

scabiosa - summer berries

- any other blue

verbina

viola - almost any not pink

verbascum - banana custard

- honey dejon

- any

zinnias - any

please read the 1st post so you understand the rules, I don't want any missunderstandings, I want this to be fun and for everyone to enjoy this swap.

if you have any questions please post them, I will be back in town Aug. 26th or 27th.

thanks

michelle

Comments (117)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

OHHH Michelle I would love a clipping/cutting of coleus. I am still separating my seeds, I don't think I have alot of the things on peoples lists so can I send to the extra people also? This looked sooo easy but sorting through is kinda hard, I am doing what Poison prescribed and separating them into what goes to who in separate baggies.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• galium
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Seeds are going out tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. With my daughter breaking her foot, sister's surgery and being away for Labor Day Weekend I'm far behind.
    Mariann

• boballi
    16 years ago

Michelle,

I am also getting my seeds together and hope to send them out tomorrow.

I've had a great time with this swap. Thanks!

Boballi : )

PS
    I would LOVE to have some of your coleus clippings!

• sunshine123
    16 years ago

i would like some coleus clippings if you have any left

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

i am also hoping to mail out tomorrow, so there ya go michelle , you are going to get them all at once..LOL

I wouldnt mind if a coleus clipping just happened it way into my envie, if they need a home...grin.

I didnt have a whole lot to send everyone, so i tried to make it up in the straight swap seeds, i tried to send seeds that I thought everyone would really like.

Thanks everyone for sending seeds for me, I am feeling a litle bad that you resent seeds for me...It was ok if i didnt get a lot...I am just enjoying being able to share and participate.

I cant wait to wintersow now....come on february...LOL ( ok, dont hit me over the head, i dont want winter, I just want to be able to get my seeds growing...)

Have a great day !

• drippy
    16 years ago

Flwrs4ever, you will love wintersowing if you haven't done it already - I'm a little north of you and have fabulous success with it. Everything except peppers and some tropicals goes outdoors for me now, and I grow hundreds of different varieties each year.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Drippy,

I didnt notice you were in Mass...hey there neighbor !
    ( I actually spend more time in Mass then I do RI)

I have not winter sown outside, I always do it in my kitchen..LOL I am anxious to get those milk jugs all over my side porch..much better than not eating at my kitchen table for the winter..grin.

If you have any suggestions or pointers I am always wiling to listen and learn !

• galium
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    Seeds went out this afternoon.
    Mariann

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    here is my list of seeds I have receved so far, today was one of the all at once days, 6 envies got here today.

1. micyrey --receved seeds--

2. sguanzon

3. sunshine123

4. galium

5. stage-rat

6. boballi

7. beckilove

8. dma6

9. pixiesluvplants

10. littlegardenhoer

11. poisondartfrog --receved seeds--

12. nettasaura ***DROPPED***

13. drippy --receved seeds--

14. lindiinohio

15. prairie moon

16. roflol - terri --receved seeds--

17. mnwsgal **no list posted ***DROPPED***

18. eclpsprinc --receved seeds--

19. flwrs4ever

20. cottageflowers

21. kandituft --receved seeds--

22. stormywthr3 --receved seeds--

23. shimla --receved seeds--

24.Moon-phase

25. astilbebstillz6a --receved seeds--

Roflol thanks **BIG HUGGG**

thanks so far to everyone you renvies are so organized.

flower4ever - last year I wintered sowed in used nursery pots and flates. I tried to use milk jugs but they were so unrully and took me along time to fix up. after sewing the flates I put old windowes or screans over the top. I also got one of those mini greenhouses (you know the ones with the plastic) well it had 4 shelvs and held 3 flates on each shelf. I used 4" used nursery pots and sewed one kind of seeds in each pot. with 18 pots per flat, I had room for everything. in the spring, I transplanted the seedlings to their own pot and I still have some perennials in them I need to plant before winter.

on a side note: I'm looking out the bed room window right now, watching a hummingbird take a bath in the rain. he is a cheeky little bird that thinks the feeders and flowers around them are just for him and nobody else is aloud. he chases the bees, butterflys, other hummers and evan the finches away as fast as he can, it is just like watching a little fighter jet zipping through the yard.

well thats all for now thanks again for making this such a great swap
    michelle

• cottageflowers
    16 years ago

Hello Michelle, I sent my envie today. I tried very hard to find something for everyone. I hope everyone is happy. I sent a couple extra in case people need more seed. Thanks for hosting, Jenny.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Michelle, I mailed my seeds today. The DC# is 0306 0320
    0001 9467 2559.

I didn't have something for everyone so I sent to the general swap also.

OHHH I love watching the lil "jets" fly and guard over "their" feeders, they are soo fun.

Thanks,
    Trina (Pixie)

• stage_rat
    16 years ago

Oh, %$&**!!@

I don't have Micyrey's address! I received an address for the Cottage Gardening forum swap, so all along I've been thinking that I had the address all set. It's almost 3:30, I stayed up to finally get the seeds in the mail, and I have no address!

Would the first person to see this please email the address to me? My email is stagerats at yahoodotcom. I'm sorry I'm so pathetic. :(

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Emailing now, stage rat.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I just wanted you to know my seeds are on the way, I have had them ready to go but had to wait for my father to get them to the post office..I hope they make the deadine..

I did the best I could on the wishes, and tried to add to the straight swap so everyone will get some goodies.

thanks to everyone for swapping, I cant wait to see what goodies I get !

Thank you for the info on wintersowing. Can anyone tell me if they have tried the flats with the plastic covers on them ? I am wondering if they are enough protection for the snow and cold, I have a ton of them from sowing indoors.

I have spent the last two summers trying to attrack hummers, I saw one on my black and blue salvia for a few days and that was it...next yr I plan to OD them on nectar..LOL

• boballi
    16 years ago

Hi everyone!

I didn't make it in time to mail out on Monday, but I was able to drop off my envie Tuesday AM!

Boballi : )

• stage_rat
    16 years ago

Thanks to poisondartfrog, I got the envelope in the mail, finally! It should be there in 2 days, they claimed. I started putting this together a week ago, but I had so many things from people's lists, and I couldn't get myself to stop once time started getting tight. But, I didn't have much, or anything, for a couple of people--sorry!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    no seeds yesterday and no post yet today.

flowers4ever- the plastis tops will not withstand the snow, I did use some of those by putting them on the porch where they would be protected and taped the tops on so they woulds not blow away, and they worked out fine.
    my hummers showed up early this spring but then disapiered most of the summer and returned a few weeks ago.

well thats all for now
    michelle

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Michelle - Just wanted to let you know I have my package all ready to send, and will bring it to the post office later today. They should be to you by Saturday maybe? I hope! Thank you so much for hosting this!
    Rebecca

• candycow
    16 years ago

last year winter sowing i used 1 quart ziplock baggies and i could fit 14 in a black tray which then i put out side and when i seen groth i just opened the baggie i had very good luck and will do it the same way this year i also used sleds to put the baggies on the bags are low cost and you do not have to collect a lot of plastic contaners
    candy

• lindiinohio
    16 years ago

Michelle - i just wanted to let you know my package went out to you on Tuesday. I was able to fill some wishes and i sent for the straight swap also. This was very fun i cant wait to see what comes back, and hopefully i will have more to swap of my own next year.
    Lindi

• roflol
    16 years ago

flwrs4ever, for me it depended on how much "head room" the container had. I had my best results when whatever I was using had more head room to accommodate growth. The shorter the container, the earlier I had to open it up, and this year that caused problems as the freeze took out several plants. Milk jugs and 2-liters were tall enough that I didn't have to take off the tops of those, and those plants for the most part survived (notable exception was the coral honeysuckle, dang it). The only problem I can see with the baggie method would be once there is growth, if you get rain or snow on top how would you keep the weight off the top of the plant? I guess supports inside the baggie?

I've got two hummingbird feeders, first year for us. I like to see them (and getting used to hearing them without flinching), but I don't enjoy the aerial dogfights... too much like watching my kids. I'd rather they got along and ate the stuff I put out there for them... why do hummingbird feeder makers bother putting more than one feeder port on those things anyway? :-\

On a lighter note, my 3-year-old and I air-lifted three baby monarch caterpillars from one very short milkweed vine to a much bigger one... I hope it helped. :-)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I got three more envies today. thanks again for the work organizing the envies looked great. I'm also posting if you are in the straight swap, and who wants coleus, don't be shy on the coleus cuttings they will grow from just a 5" piece and I will be able to cut dozens of them.

1. micyrey --receved seeds-- (SS)

2. sguanzon

3. sunshine123 (coleus)

4. galium --receved seeds--

5. stage-rat **seeds on the way**

6. boballi --receved seeds-- (SS) (coleus)

7. beckilove **seeds on the way**

8. dma6

9. pixiesluvplants **seeds on the way** (coleus)

10. littlegardenhoer

11. poisondartfrog --receved seeds-- (SS)

13. drippy --receved seeds-- (SS)-but no seeds wanted back

14. lindiinohio --receved seeds--

15. prairie moon

19. flwrs4ever **seeds on the way** (coleus)

20. cottageflowers **seeds on the way**

23. shimla --receved seeds-- (SS)

24.Moon-phase

25. astilbebstillz6a --receved seeds-- (SS)

please try to get your seeds on the way, I'm hopping to get the seeds on the way back by the end of next week. if you don't have time to sort your seeds just send them in for the straight swap and I will do my best to sort them for you. I want everyone to be able to participate but I understand if something came up and you don't have time to sort your seeds, just send them anyway.
    thanks michelle

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Michelle - I forgot to say, I would love some coleus cuttings too! Thank you!
    Rebecca

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    moon-phase has had to drop out due to a death in the family.
    she said for me to put any seeds for her in the straight swap, but if anyone can send me her address I will send them to her anyway.
    I got a second envie from ecliptic today.
    thanks
    michelle

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

Oh no :( Hopefully someone will be able to offer up her address.

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Michelle, sorry I dont have her addie, but I think she should still get the seeds sent for her...maybe it will help her during this sad time.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Michelle,
    My seeds for flwrs4ever were returned to me by the post office today with a note saying it was unacceptable because tape where I had taped on an address label extended partially over the stamps.
    I am resending today. Hm. I wonder if I am being punished for complaining loud and often about the rates for sending bubble envelopes. I finally got them to take ones under 1 ounce and under 1/4 inch thick for 80 cents....
    At any rate, they are on their way, again.

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I will send my package out on Monday, sorry for the delay!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    I got two more in the mail today, and limequilla has joined in the straight swap since she missed sign ups for the WL swap.
    I know sue's seeds will be in the mail monday but I need to hear from prairie moon, sunshine123, dma6, and littlegardenhoer. are your seeds on the way? will you be able to get them out this week? please let me know.
    thanks everyone.

2. sguanzon **seeds on the way**

3. sunshine123 (coleus)

5. stage-rat **seeds on the way**

7. beckilove --receved seeds-- (SS) (coleus)

8. dma6

9. pixiesluvplants **seeds on the way** (coleus)

10. littlegardenhoer

15. prairie moon

19. flwrs4ever **seeds on the way** (coleus)

20. cottageflowers --receved seeds--

24.Moon-phase dropped **if anyone has her address please**
    **let me know**

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi
    here is our list now, I'll give it a few more day to see if I hear from our 4 MIA's. and please if anyone has moon-phase's address please e-mail it to me

2. sguanzon **seeds on the way**

3. sunshine123 (coleus)

5. stage-rat --receved seeds-- (coleus) DC

7. beckilove --receved seeds-- (SS) (coleus)

8. dma6

9. pixiesluvplants (coleus) --receved seeds--

10. littlegardenhoer

15. prairie moon

19. flwrs4ever --receved seeds-- (coleus)

20. cottageflowers --receved seeds--

24.Moon-phase dropped **if anyone has her address please**
    **let me know**

limequilla - (SS) only --receved seeds--

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Whew, I am soo glad you got the seeds from me Michelle, I was getting worried about them. I am sorry they are such a mess.

Pixie

• flwrs4ever
    16 years ago

Michele,

I am hoping that you received seeds in a dragonfly decorated bag...if so they are for the straight swap.

thanks ! Glad they finally made it to you...I feel like it is Christmas, I cant wait to get my envie...LOL

• drippy
    16 years ago

Michelle (because of your GW handle, I always want to address you as "Mikey", LOL), I scoured my files from the Theme Garden Swap and didn't find addresses - found seed lists, but I must have purged the addresses - and I didn't do any straight trading with Moonphase. Sorry I can't help.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi all
    I have sent reminder messages to our missing players.
    so we'll see if any of them will be joining us or dropping. please let me know what you want me to do with seeds for players that drop.
    1. I can put them in the straight swap and just send people a little extra

2. return them to you(assuming you marked them with your name)

3. I'm a member of the community garden in our town and I could keep the extra vegies and maybe some flowers to hand out next year.

I will handle everyones seed the way you tell me to 1, 2, or 3, or if you have a 4 let me know. I'm very open to what you want to do.

good night everyone sleep tight
    michelle

• roflol
    16 years ago

lol, I'm not going to pretend I'm patient because I'm not. You know I'm dying to see all the "prezzies"!!! ;-) For what it's worth, I think after Sue's seeds arrive it's time wrap this one up. There are other swaps swirling, and some of us are part of those as well, so it's all good. Just my two cents.

What you do with the unclaimed seeds is completely up to you, Michelle - you're welcome to keep any unclaimed that I sent if you wish. :-)

Terri

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

Do whatever you like with my unclaimed seeds, Michelle. I think you should go through them and select any that you like for yourself; kind of a hostess perk, and then do as you please with the rest.

• galium
    16 years ago

Michelle-I agree with everyone who posted. You are welcome to keep the unclaimed seeds I sent (if there are any). Use them however you wish.
    Mariann

• eclpsprinc
    16 years ago

Ditto here :)

• drippy
    16 years ago

I vote for anything EXCEPT returning unclaimed seeds to me. LOL, I have seeds enough to last a lifetime, I think. I say, keep what you want, or distribute to those newer to the game, or give to community garden - whatever strikes your fancy.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    ok, I'll wait till I get sue's seeds and if I have not heard from sunshine,dma6, prariemoon and littlegardenhoer, then I will sort the SS and get all these goodies off to you. I will go ahead and get everyones envies ready (lables and all)so I will be ready go.
    michelle

• astilbebstillz6a
    16 years ago

Good morning,
    I agree with everyone else on the seed issue Michelle,
    whatever you decide is fine with me.
    Have a great day everyone...Marylee

• cottageflowers
    16 years ago

Hello. I usually agree with everyone else but my own personal opinion would be to use the extra seeds for yourself as a hostage gift and divvy up the rest with the players. Thanks, jenny.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Whatever you want to do with them is fine with me! Please, definitely take any of them you want for yourself!

• roflol
    16 years ago

lol, jenny! But hostesses are sort of held hostage by these swaps sometimes for a while, aren't they? ;-)

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hi again
    I'm not a hostage (my husband might feel that way) I love going through all the seeds, AHHH! if I only had about 50 acres I could plant everything I want, well maybe everything. :)
    I have all the envies addressed, and some of the SS seeds sorted, I will plan on shipping tuesday(that is the morning I don't have the boys, this is not something I can do wile they are with me.)

for those that want coleus cuttings they will be wraped in plastic and have very few leafs, but don't worry they will root and leaf out just fine.

I think thats all for now, untill I get sue's seeds or hear from one of our MIAs
    michelle

• kandaceshirley
    16 years ago

i agree with everyone else on the seed issue - whatever you decide to do with them is perfectly ok with me

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

Oh, gosh am I the LAST one? I'm so sorry about that. Yes do wait for my seeds Michelle, you will have them tomorrow at the latest. And I made a baggie for everyone, everyone got something from their wish lists, I believe there must be close to 200 seed packs in that big envie so I think it will be worth waiting for - LOL! ---------------Sue G.

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

not to worry sue, I would never think of packing things up with out you.
    I will be ready when they get here.
    there is still no info from the others, and I still can't find an address for moonphase, I know I must have traded with her before, and I don't want her to feel bad if she gets a pack of seeds with out sending any, so I guess I will add some of her seeds and the others to everyone that sent seeds for the SS, don't worry drippy I wont send you any :). and I will keep some extra for the community garden next year.
    thanks
    michelle

• drippy
    16 years ago

Thanks, Michelle! :) "Seed greed" is my middle name, I think, and I'm trying to work on that (as in, correct it - well, a little, anyway).

Sue, I doubt if any of us are planting right now, anyway - no worries!

• Michelle Reynolds
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello
    well I got sue's seeds today and I will start packing the envies. sorry I will still have to wait till tuesday to send. I'm not gonna try to ship all these wile the boys run around the post office.
    I will go through the extra seeds and put some extras in peoples envies.
    I will also start a new post, so don't use this one anymore.
    thanks
    \michelle

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler