Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mamabirrd

UPDATE: 8700+ Traveling Daylilies!

mamabirrd
17 years ago

This round robin is an extention of a wonderful group of talented , generous and spirited traders, the Traveling Daylilies, who when at all possible trade daylilies. The way into this group is to have traded with at least one of us and to be recommended for membership by one of more members of the group. We are not snobs, we just want to protect each other and you from any game traders... should there be any. If you know any of us, email privately and they will be allowed to get you in on their recommendation. We'd love to have you!

Currently working on Fall Friendship swap and Daylily/Hosta swap.

We are getting closer and closer to 9000 posts! Looks like we'll get there before the end of the year.

I would like to host a swap in honor of the 9000th post. Let me know if you are all okay with that....and if so I will give you the details at a later date.

HUGS,

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

Comments (100)

• namso
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Evening all,
    been working in the garden last two days, am am tired :). Labor day must be for labor eh? actually tommarrow, i think im hitting a dog park with my brother and saving the day for fun. :) Id be useless anyway.

Dawn, Miss Brooklynn Paige is beautiful! oddly enough she shares the same hat i posted with my nephew 9 mos ago. must be the IN NEWBORN thing lol. remember only because pic is still on my frig. seriously, she is darling. best to you, sister mom, Brooklynn & your family.

Jo, oh dear god, not the recipie police....im suffering from a burn from frozen pizza right now. wrong rack error.. the dang things should arrive at the door, but noone delivers here. and its my specialty :). can i have an exemption PLEASE! i did sent in one with four ingrediants last and corn pudding at G's forceful request .:). im going to make DH post if its necessary. Sherri knows im not kidding and can provide a reference. she has gone very hungry here.

btw....earthly Maryanne,,,sent a front page awesome can of something pickle here?..would remember name if i heard.i ate it with a spoon.:) it was SO awesome!. Maryanne, havent seen you post in a lomg time, but id trade for that recipie for DH.

Sharon, lol on arrogant basxxxx. think that was a club guest plant and Sherri was worried she would get because she would have to hide it from her DS Jake. even more lol, my DH went telling everyone he worked with i had i really cool one named Little Fat Bastxxx (reality: Dazzler). I forgave him beacuase the last daylily he liked was a purple coneflower. i was so angry it took him two years to comment again, so what they hey? at least he got the species right that time (last year). This year he liked Darla Anita and knew the term chicken fat....:), im on clould nine.

Barb, is there a secret to foxfgoves? they are so beautiful and so hate me. And i moved Nebouslous Nearness just two weeks ago or i would send some,,,,alot peachier than i thought and needed to change beds. put on your want list or better yet remind me in spring. shes just not happy at the moment. But is a Lamberstson not a hanson???
    and btw...they all start out $$$$. but most come down quickly. and fingers crossed on the peony...but next time i will drive there. only one to go :) oh and if you go to hansons or yosts would love to meet you there.

Marea, ouch on the move. sounds like tough work. I will hope it is over soon....only had to do it once in my adulthood and will never again. we're too much of packrats :). just get a place where you can build more barns....it works.

Mary Ellen..HI!

Sherri hi! sorry to beak the confidence, but you are going down lol. this spring you needed only three.

DOING DUTIES AS FIRST TIME /last time HOSTESS :
    DATE TO SHIP: 9/6.....please be respectful of our northen friends. last chance for some is now.

im vacationing at mareas in the 100's. how much can plane fare be? if i move a few boxes there, maybe she wont notice?

Shirley, unusually quiet. all is well i hope?

chatty
    Cindy/namso

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Dawn, beautiful baby, bet shes gonna be spoiled by auntie Dawn. gonna have to take a planting break if you want one. Jo, my datura is a versicolor, I asked the man I got it from. it is cool now 6 buds opening tight ones are yellow, little open look white with pink stripe, then open is pink with white throat. I have your name for the fall swap and would like to send you a cutting if you can tell me how to take one. darn veggies keep apearing in my flower beds, got days then a clump of giant beets. pears were ripe today so I canned spiced pears, darn apples should be ready in a couple of days, so gotta do applesauce. we may be selling our house and moving, got a lotta digging and cleaning to do. what is the deadline for the fall swap box? trying real hard to get it out. hugs to all carol

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Cindy-Yes I have just gotten home from camping. Golly we had a great time. Most of my family went, 33 to cook for. We did alot of stuff on the grill so it wasn't too bad. We had a group across the creek from us that kept coming over and asking us to turn off the generator. We did the first two times but the last time my DH lowered the boom on him. I thought oh no please not our last day here. You can actually run generators until 10:00 p.m. at night so we did not have to turn it off the first two times. Can't wait to get my daylily, I'm sending you some irises and a few other things. Hope to get all my boxes ready tomorrow.

Bambi-I only have a few SDB irises. The TB's are the ones I lust after all the time.

MaryB-Your re-blooming irises should start blooming again this month. Sometimes if they bloom in the Fall they want bloom in the Spring and vice a versa. We did get lots of rain from the hurricane but we actually needed it.

Sharon & Sherri-Love seeing both of you post. Get back in the next swap and become active again. Love you guys.

Sherri-Actually the irises that I posted are not re-bloomers. I posted them so Jo could see which ones she wanted for our trade.

Karen-Loved your artwork. Wow you are one talented lady.
    Just beautiful.

Dawn-Brooklyn Paige is beautiful. Love that name. Your grandma must be the neatest grandma around. Wish my grandma did parties like that. The 9000th post swap sounds like fun, looking forward to it.

Oh I forgot to tell you all. I stepped all over a snake while camping. You talk about doing a war dance I did one. I don't know who got scared the most the snake or me.

Marea-Oh I can't wait until our next Dollywood trip, probably be in Oct and again in December for the Christmas lights. Yes please send the roses and I will root them.

Jo-I'm really sorry about your moms peekapoo. Hugs to you. I will be digging your trade tomorrow. I came home early to get all plants ready to ship Tuesday. I hate when co-workers are not worth the pay check they get. Seems like alot of Companies like those kind. I sure know alot.

Annie-Miss you hope you get your computer soon.

Barb-Like the iris Mother Marshmallow. A beautiful white it is. I don't have that one.

Shirley

• User
    17 years ago

Good Morning, everyone.

I've been feeling rather blah lately, not down, not up, just semi-deflated. Haven't been able to pinpoint the reason or kick myself out of it.

Then I got the most pleasant surprise in the mail Saturday. Jo sent me a cute puppy/terracotta pot hanger and a large fan of Paper Butterfly daylily. And she sent a note along with it that touched my heart--she's so compassionate and giving.

Sorry, I've been quiet here lately. Know that I'm still a TD angel and care very much for you all. This blahness will eventually pass.

And, Jo, thank you so much for thinking of me in Deni's swap. I'm touched.

Love all of you, Dianne (dian57)

Dawn--your neice is dangerously gorgeous. I see a future of unlimited hugs and kisses ahead for her (and you). Congratulations.

• namso
    17 years ago

Jo, somewhere in my post i forgot to thankyou for all the work youve done on the recipies.! Very sorry. just in a small panic there on my weakness:)> You are a gem :).

and Dianne recipe thanks too! nice to see you post. hope you feel better real soon.

Carol, MIssed HI to you.! love your DH veggies in the garden. used to have rubarb, it is a very pretty plant. grin. i need to get some more, it did not like it when i moved it last year. im pretty sure you have more time on Denis fall swap :)

Shirley, sounds like a great trip! 33 people, wow. think you needed that generator :)>.

A few pics for the spider/uf fans....have been trying to add some this past year....

Kachina Dancer
    {{gwi:1296046}}

Learning to Fly (might be a club guest plant)
    {{gwi:1296047}}

Marked by Lydia (one of the first trades i think i did at gw)

{{gwi:1296048}}

Cindy/namso

• mellen
    17 years ago

Hi back to those of you who said 'HI.' It's nice to be acknowledged the few times I do post.

Have been catching upt on gorgeous baby pic, scanner art, and other pics and mail. We spent from Sat. til today in MO with DH's family. His sister and BIL celebrated their 40th anniversary and their both turning 60 this year with a big dinner on Saturday for about 80 people. The weather was perfect! We drove home in some rain today, but it is now partly sunny here with temps in the 60's. I hope to get outside here in just a bit.

Daylilies are finished here. Just for starters still have coneflowers, portulaca, phlox, cannas, mums just starting, geraniums, roses, petunias, and different gaillardia varieties blooming.

Cindy, I have some of your plants dug. Will be finishing that today so your box will be going out tomorrow for the hosta/daylily swap.

I need to introduce myself to Bambi. My name is Mary Ellen, and I live in central Iowa. DH and I have been married for 31 years. Hubby and I were foster parents to our son when he was 13 then we all decided to adopt each other when he turned 16. He is now 20 and going to college in far northern MN. Why you may wonder? That is where his girlfriend lives. How did he meet a girl from there? They met in Rome, Italy, last summer. I am a middle school special needs teacher and have been doing this for going on 29 years now. I still look forward to going every day. I have gardened for many years but have just become addicted to daylilies and hostas in the last year. Thus I don't have a lot of either and what I do have is still in the growing and multiplying stage. I also love heucheras and coneflowers. We live on 24 acres and have cows, calves, a bull, a horse, a dog, and 2 cats. I just wanted to add my welcome to the others. Looks like you have already been embraced by the others here.

Mary Ellen

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday,

Mary Ellen - Thank you so much for the warm welcome! Your son sounds like my niece...she met her boyfriend (who is from South Dakota) while on a college class trip to Greece and now they spend much of their time driving back and forth between SD and MN. I am horribly addicted to daylilies and to a lesser degree, irises, peonies & roses. Thank goodness I only have one acre or I would be trying to grow about 50,000 of those crazy things.

Cindy - Thanks for the great spider/uf pics! I just loved seeing them this morning. I have Marked by Lydia but nearly lost her in a really nasty winter two years ago. Thought she was a goner but she popped back this spring and grew this summer like nothing happened.

Night everyone, back to work in the morning :(

Bambi

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning Everyone,

Wow, what a weekend. We were SO busy at work this weekend. All that rain, and no where for anyone to go but the mall.It was non stop on both Sat. and Sun. the downside to that was, after 4 on sun. it was just 2 of us for 2 hours, boy did we run. Yesterday wasn't as bad because there were several of us, so we could relax a bit. But still very busy.
    I have today, and tomorrow off, work thurs, then have fri. off. Need to get things ready because DD baby shower is the 30th. So, those days (and all my days off till then) will be filled with getting everything ready for it. We are making the favors, and decorations. (Lord knows I have all the stuff for them) We have several games picked out, and a couple of them should be a lot of fun, and provide a lot of laughs.

Shirley,
    Digging the rest of your things today, box will go out a little later on.

Di,
    Big Hugs.

Cindy,
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, come spring can we do a trade? I NEED "Marked by Lydia" to go with my Cleopatra. (grins)
    And, as for the recipes, feel free to have DH pick out a few. I will still put your name in there. HUGS.

Gloria,
    Hurry back, when is the wedding? Can't remember the date.
    We miss you mamabear.

Mary Ellen,
    Good to see you post. I see by your list you are a "coneflower" fan too. I love them as well. I have "Razzmatazz", maybe we can exchange some seeds.

Cannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,
    Where are you? Miss you too! Come out and play.

Well folks,
    I need to get myself in gear and go dig the rest of dear Shirley's plants,
    hugs to all,
    Jo

• pchanggeo
    17 years ago

To Bambi and anyone else who missed it... we have a frappr map for our group. Please follow the link, take a look, and add yourself.

Sherri, I grow all kind of succulents (although I'm trying to cut down) and stepelia happens to be one of the easier ones to grow. Besides, once you smell this flower, all the other stuff in the garden smells 10x better... LOL.

Barb, it the Christmas cactus is rotting, you've watered too much. Just cut off the segment that's rotting and try again and use a better draining mix. Don't water for the first week. If all else fails, get some rooted ones from me :-).

Deni... where are you??? Should I post a photo of the painting I sent her?

Here is a link that might be useful: TD Frappr Map

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Cindy, no more secrets to you my dear.LOL If you recall I only had room for five or six daylilies too.:)Lets see I think I managed to sneak in at least fifty more.:) Learned that I am outa control. And you my friend, are an ebabler.:)

Oh and folks she is not lying about the cooking and I can't imagine where she thinks that pizza is her specialty, she barely pulled that off the time I was there.LOL I tend to think she would starve if she hadn't married an awesome cook. I forgive her though, she grows pretty daylilies. Like learning to fly, going to have to have that one.
    As for the hats, even Jake had that hat so it has been popular for a while.

I was dying at that club meeting. First plant I got was hell hath no fury then they started calling out arrogant bas%%%%% one and my name was back in the box. Thought one was bad enough to hide but two.:) Ended up with Sea three pea oh so that one was fitting.:) Jake is into star wars.

Shirley are the rebloomers the big iris? Kinda dumb when it comes to iris but really like the big ruffly ones.:)

Diane, hope you get to feeling better soon. Cindy bragged adn bragged about what you sent her, must have been good. I canned my butt off last year but none this year, no time or energy.

Does anyone want any unnamed daylily seed???? I pulled off all my pods and let them dry but have enough named ones that I won't be planting any of them. Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

I just got a moment ...
    I wanted to let you know that I came home from a terrible day at work to find a package from Cindy.

My first Dwarf Iris!!! Boo!
    And Cindy, how can I say Thank you enough for the Daylily you sent. Bas Relief! One I thought I wouldn't get for another year or 2 ... especially since I've been leaning toward red, red eyes and edges. But now, next year I will have tons of fun crossing BF with all my other 'extra special' daylilies.

DAWN - when do you bring your Black and Blue Salvia into the house??????

Sharon/tma

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Sherri-Yes the big irises are the re-bloomers. I plan to put some in the Fair this year again. Do you remember our trade last year? You sent me this daylily

Made in Dixie

I just love it.

Cindy-You are precious girl. I got my box today and loved both daylilies. A spider and a double..YIPEEEEEE
    Cindy sent me Snake in the Grass Boo and Jerry Pate Williams. Love adding those two to my collection.

Jo-This rainy weather has really gotten me behind. Hope to get your plants dug tomorrow. Will let you know when I ship them.

Lisa-It breaks my heart to hear about your health. We just never know. Here's hoping God puts his healing hand on you and you are back in that garden you love so much. Take care and do what the doctor says. Hopefully they can help.

Shirley

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everybody,

I have a whole big bunch of stuff to tell you all, but will have to check back in when I have more time to ramble on later today.

Just wanted to address Sharon's question........

Hi Sharon. I usually bring it in at the last moment, just before the first frost. I don't see any harm in bringing it in a bit earlier though. Mine doesn't look all that beautiful over the winter, but it has made it through 3 winters in the GH.

I hope you have good luck with it.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Shirley, I love that made in Dixie and tried to set some pods on it this year with no luck. Thought it was a tet and it was a dip.:( Heres one of my favorites from you.:) This plant is not only georgeous but is a huge clump already.
    Wild horses

• mareas
    17 years ago

Hi everyone! We got lots done this weekend, now a day off to water the plants & collect myself.

Sherri, that is one stunning photo!!

Cody, did your 'Wild Horses" ever bloom for you this year? My little potful finally bloomed late. It was a big hit with the neighbors, if it had more buds it sure would have gone on my Top Ten List, too. Did you AHS members submit your Top Ten's? It would be fun to compare...

My Hosta/Daylily Swap box from Jo arrived yesterday and OF COURSE she HAD to enclose extras! She even asked me not to be upset with her for sending me Acanthus & Pulmonaria & an Apricot Foxglove! *lol* I am VERY VERY grateful, thank you!! Those extras arrived in fresh, happy shape after all those days in transit, Jo! The daylilies are worse for wear, but will recover in the shade I'm sure. Here's the list of daylilies Jo sent:
    1 - Moon Over Monteray
    2 - Ice Palace Pink
    3 - Made In Heaven
    4 - Bursting Bubble
    5 - Along The Way
    6 - Spacecoast Krinkles
    Thank you so much, Sister Jo!!

Shirley, what grand fun you are having this Summer!! I will send you a box of cuttings, with some Tiger Iris bulbs, too, as soon as I can get that bed dug up after more soaking.

Mary Ellen, your gardens sound so lush! Wish you could post photos for us!

That's just a RIOT about you guys & Hanson's 'Arrogant B..'!! WHY he named one of the best purples in years something like that is well, just, arrogant!

Those college romances sound just like Binchy novels! Ah, young love!

Sharon, so glad to hear Cindy gave you 'Bas Relief' - you will be breeding some sculptural beauties I'm sure!

Cindy, don't come visit yet! 100 degrees MAY sound exotic to you wet & 60 degree people, but it's NOT fun!! We haven't had rain in months and the air is thick with forest fire smoke. Sweating, gasping for breath, heat exhaustion - have I dissolved your tropical fantasies yet? [sorry] Actually, you are very welcome any time, but I'd prefer you enjoy your visit...

Dearest Dianne, hope the clouds clear soon for you. Did you post a photo of your finished quilt??

Dawn, have you been able to stop gazing all moon eyed that that perfect little Brooklyn yet?? Complete joy, I'm sure.

Off to eBay to find that Momma Bear, marea

• nybrown
    17 years ago

testing

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I am here to post for our dear Anita,
    she still cannot join us. So, Please if you are going to do any swaps send her an e-mail, she really felt bad that she didn't get to be in on the "last minute daylily/hosta swap"

Auntie Dawn,
    A HUGE congratulations on your beautiful new niece. Just saw your post this AM, haven't been able to get on here till today. It finally let me get on here this morning.

Bambi,
    WELCOME!!!
    I am at Disney(the vacation that ivillage sent me on) right now, but wanted to welcome you to our wonderful group. You will love it here.
    I have a beautiful little grandson David, who is the light of my life. I have nearly 1000 named daylilies, they are my first passion, then hosta, iris, houseplants and friends. But, not neccessarily in that order. My dream is to someday open a huge daylily farm. We own lots of land so plenty of room to indulge myself.

Sharon,
    I haven't forgotten the geraniums.

Shirley,
    I have not forgotten our pending trade, still have the iris marked for you. Send me an e-mail.

Angie,
    Thank you for what you have tried to do for TNN#1.

Marea,
    No, I did not send out a box, was waiting to see if we could do it in the spring.

MamaG,
    When is the wedding????
    How are you doing???

ok,
    my brain can't think of anything else to have Jo post here,
    so,

miss you all,
    please let me know by e-mail if you are gonna do any more swaps, I really would like the opportunity to say yes or no.
    love to all,
    Anita/nyvoices

• cody_mi
    17 years ago

marea
    wild horses did bloom, one stinkin flower, but it was pretty. i decided that missouri morning melody might be more your style since it's blue-ish, so it and a df of tar and feather are on your way tomorrow.

i got my box from cindy yesterday. i was soooo beyond happy while unpacking. it was beyond even my wildest dreams.
    daylilies
    minstrels fire
    pat garrity
    jt davis (omg)
    spiritual corridor
    roses in snow
    and hosta cherish (very cute)

marys
    your box will go out tomorrow. it was actually difficult finding stuff you don't have!! i didn't even bother trying to find a hosta you don't already grow. i really hope you like what i picked out for you! about those giant/mini hostas i asked you about earlier, are you still interested in a trade? if you are i can get my list updated and if you have some extras of the giants/ minis or have some that need dividing let me know. i won't ask for specific ones. also do you have siloam double classic?

it's now time for the early fall divisions, i have several to do this year. so far i have dug and ready to go
    oriental influence
    islesworth
    aten
    prairie moonlight
    prairie blue eyes
    siloam double classic

any interest?

i was also curious if anyone had gotten blissful blackberry pie this spring and had an extra fan of it for tequila mockingbird. i also have an extra fan of light forbes.

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Hi everyone,

As I am sitting at the computer typing this, I'm listening to the local classical radio station and waiting for the BBC Proms Concert to begin. Does anyone here like classical music?

Anita - Thank you for the very kind welcome. 1000 daylilies! Goodness! One really nice thing about this group, is that I now know I'm not the only hopless DL addict in the world. I would love to have a daylily farm someday too but I'd like to have it someplace warmer than WI...Tenn or perhaps NC.

Paul - The TD Frappr site is really cool. Thank you for the link. However, the first time I entered my info, it put me in Somerset NJ instead of Somerset, WI...lol! I updated so now it's correct.

Shirley - Made in Dixie is a very lovable daylily. :)

Sherri - Beautiful pic of Wild Horses. I hope the daylilies I traded with you have settled in for the fall. Mine are doing nicely and Apache War Dance is even trying to bloom. Thank you for sending them to me!

Have a good night everyone,
    Bambi

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Yikes! Somehow I missed that the Sept. swap had to be off so early! I'm almost ready, but I hate to box up pretty things that will be in a box over the weekend.

Anita - OK if I ship yours next Mon.?

Barb

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Greetings to everyone!

First of all, Congratulations to the New Auntie Dawn! What a cute baby!

Jo, How sad for you to lose your mom's little dog.

Anita, If you are reading, ....missing you and hearing about and seeing pics of little David!

Shirley, Your Hosta/Daylily box went in the mail today so be looking for it the end of the week. Lovely iris pictures! You have so many pretty iris! I think some of you people got me going on those now!

Cody, I will email you about the hosta/daylily swap. I will be looking for the package Sat. or Mon.

Lisa, Thinking of you. So glad you will still be with us!

Marea, sounds like awful weather to be moving. 100 degrees? Please do not send that weather over here!

Paul I have not forgotten you and the fall swap. I have not found any bulbs for forcing yet...I am on the lookout!
    You do not have to worry about early frost there so I can wait awhile!

Hey can anyone tell me about dividing and shipping peonies?

MaryS

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Jo's Happy Fall Swap box came yesterday.

Today was sunshiny and we planted all our goodies!

Daylilies Siloam Plum Tree with a big pod!
    Strawberry Candy
    Ice Carnival
    and my favorite, Pirate's Patch
    Some for the fairy garden, some for the DL patch!
    Heirloom iris assortment
    Bear's Breeches - the perennial
    Her mother's heirloom daffodils - fall bulb
    Substituted Anchusa Dropmore for the winter bulb
    Fall decoration(s): glass squash shaped dish, yellow, cute!
    And scarecrow plant pick

PLUS
    Vervain for my wild places
    Sea Holly, Pink Scotch broom, Lupine Sunrise and Aquilegia Wm. Guinness she grew from seed - never tried these!
    Pulmomaria Victorian Brooch - in the bleedingheart patch it goes!
    Clary sage
    Seeds of Salmon Peony Poppy and Thalictrum aquilegiafolium

Great box! Really enjoyed planting these.

Jo, you are just all right,

Barb

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Bambi, they all look good. I was wondering if it sent up scapes for you, mine is loaded up again. Yes, no need to feel lonely we are here for you and your addictions.:)

Anita, good to see you. They won't let you back on yet???? How many did you end up with this spring?

Cody, I am with you on the omg. You must have been a good boy.:) Hopefully wild horses will do better for you next year, mine is still blooming. On it's second set of rebloom. But I have tons of stuff reblooming for the first time here this year. Was buried in rain all summer.

Cindy, come out come out wherever you are. I didn't mean to pick on your cooking.:) Sherri

• namso
    17 years ago

Cody, Shirley and Sharon....Glad you liked your boxes. i really had fun picking things out:).

HERES MY BOX - from Miss Mary Ellen...I got awesome size healthy healthy lovely plants :)
    was hoping for hosta....and yes there were!!!
    Lemon Lime - oh a cutie
    Coquette
    Blue Giant - isnt that cool?
    Twilight Time
    Green Wedge (this is so pretty..i love the color..!!!)
    and not to miss all our favorites,
    daylily Erin Lee.

Mary Ellen, thankyou so much for such an awesome box. im thrilled!!

This has been a quick checkin....my work exploded, im near fiscal year end (im an accountant in a small office) and has a girl quit 2 days ago.... timing couldnt be worse....i will try and checkin on the weekend, but Jo, can you cover if something comes up? Sherri might back me if you cant.?

Anita, send you mail. im sorry i missed you!.

Sherri, know i owe you mail. i will try this weekend. my mom loved her box. you are so sweet.

Cindy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

MaryS-Wish I could help you with the peony info but I have never shipped any or divided any yet. I plan to move all mine to a new location this Fall. I do know that is the best time to move them.

Sherri-That has to be the best picture of Wild Horses that I have ever seen. That daylily has always been a favorite.

Cindy-It seems co-workers always quit at the worst time. Never when its slow. Hang in there.

Anita-So good to hear from you.

Jo-I got my box. Thanks for trading, everything looked great. I did not know they named so many daylilies after me...lol I guess I will shoot for shipping yours on Saturday. I need to ship several that day. That is if the rain holds off. It has rained every day for a week.

Gloria-Miss you.....Let us know about that wedding...I can't remember exactly when it was to take place.

Shirley

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Someone sent me an email titled 'dog flowers' with some really cool pictures. So I googled 'dog flowers' and came up with this site.

http://www.dinesh.com/Blog/Dinesh_Blog/Dog_Flowers/

Thought you all would get a kick out of it.

sharon/tma

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Good morning everyone. Seems everyone is doing great!!! Has anyone heard from MaryB? I sent her money to paypal over 3 weeks ago and she hasn't claimed it and she hasn't posted here since Aug. 24th. Just hoping she is ok.

I love Marked by Lydia and Wild Horses

Marys on Dividing Peonies I would just dig up and split like Hostas and then if you can put a little peat in the bag a wrap them.

Dawn congrats on being a new Auntie!!

Mellen you box went Thurs so should be there today.

I am off to cut trees out of my fence. The neighbor finally did their side so I have to get mine finished. It is never ending around here!

Take care all
    Angie

• lilywoman
    17 years ago

hello everyone this is gaygay,ive got a new computer now and im trying to get a page set up had to come back under a different name couldnt get it to take the registration any other way.when my computer crashed long time ago we were in the middle of some trades,who do i owe?dawn or anita i owe money lost your addresses...sorry,melissa are u still here i remember i promised u something...everyone please help..tell me who i owe what,,,,cant believe u guys are still here!great wow!

• namso
    17 years ago

Afternoon all, catching up a bit....

Marea, didnt vote for the AHS top 10 this year. so hard to choose 10! if they had 10 in a category or color maybe lol...i did much better on the garden judges vote (my first )since the choices are mostly limited. My Stout Medal Choice: Clothed in Glory. i just would not want to be without that one. would love to hear your top ten.

and OK,,,willwait on my tropical dreams. let me know when 80 arrives ok? might be snow on the ground here lol.

Jo, remind me in spring on Marked by Lydia. my memory does not always carry though the winter but would be happpy to trade :)

Paul, would love to see a photo of your painting!

Sharon, love those red edges....my favorite new one was Pumpkin Price. saw at nationals last year and just had to have. know it orange lol but i love orange. :). i been having a hate red year for alot of reasons..mostly because they dont match each other and i had to move alot....but do love a new one edged one here Geneva Firetruck. awesome.

ohh, and loved the dog flower link. too cool! i had thought originally id have to bring out some of the ugly seedling pics. grin.

Bambi...Apache War Dance remains in the top three of red here...if not higher. substance is awesome. it is close to #1 requested for people who visit here, into daylilies or not. oh and while i lost tags, im pretty sure its this one that thre me a bunch of double seedlings...one in particular is very pretty red/orange one. :).

Mary Ellen - 24 acres! gee whiz....tons of room. & grats to your inlaws on the 40th!

Sherri - save that dl seed if no one here claims. have seen alot of people asking in past winters. for some reason, alot of people get into seeds in the winter first...know i did. :)
    Oh and i must fess up here - Sherri sent my mom Wild Horses. She has wanted it forever but while it blooms fabulously here, it just never grows. but i have never groen it at a 90 degree angle either...lol...... Thankyou Sherri for saving my Wild Horses for me. :)

Dawn, so happy all is well...you must give updates. did you get all those hosta in yet? checked mine today...some are more drought tolerant than others. bummer.

Shirley, love Made in Dixie. and if your breeding at all but that Snake in the Grass Boo had some good seedlings for me. no pics yet but i might bore you this winter lol.
    Snake in the Grass Boo
    {{gwi:1284060}}

Cody, am glad you liked the box. It was intended partially as a thankyou for all the advice you help with here. i do not know much about plants other than daylilies and have learned alot from your comments. thanks!
    blissful blackerry pie...wish i had. :)

Angie, no word from MaryB lately here. nice to see you post. the beautiful tall yellow sunflower that had a name when you sent it, is STILL blooming, seems like forever, its gotta be one of my favorite plants. and mt DH loved your lilies.

MaryB...check in time! miss you.

Seeds - still harvesting here although it slowing down. for the 2nd dry year in a row, looks like only 10% took. still looks like plenty to play around with though already. i only plant around 100 or so. im jazzed though, my favorite seedling is both an exceptional pollen and pod parent, at least production wise. big big grin...i will look forward to grandchilden now.

Orange/gold haters...close your eyes. a few favorites...

Pat Garrity...a screaming color. love it
    {{gwi:1296051}}

Mico...registered 44" often taller here. just love it. actually gets prettier as the day goes by. glows almost peachy at night. pic does not do it justice...hard to capture as its always blowing in the wind...:). the scape you see below is also Mico, and theres probably more underneath, sortof a vertical show on this one..blooms a good long time.
    {{gwi:1296053}}

Cluster Muster, a favorite double here...more outstanding color
    {{gwi:1296054}}

Cindy/namso

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi everyone and happy Sunday.....

Thank you all for the wonderful emails! I just can't quit smiling.

Hey! It's Gaygay!! Hi Gay....how are you doing? Long time no talk. It's really been a while since your computer went down. Glad to see you back up and running. Thanks for checking in with us.
    We did have a trade going if I remember correctly. You had asked for 'Stella D'oro' last summer & I mailed you a large box full and just asked you to surprise me with any Daylilies. Hope the Stella's did well for you. Did you plant them at your place or were they for somewhere else?

Cindy, did I get all the Hosta in? Hahahahahahahahahaha, that's a good one! Seriously though, no I haven't. It's been a bit too busy over the past week and those same few Hosta are the only ones in my new bed. I will get a good many planted this week.
    'Cluster Muster' is gorgeous! I can't wait for mine to bloom. Maybe next year.
    Your place must be beautiful! I love that pond? in the background of the 'Mico' pic. Everything looks very lush and healthy. : )

Thanks Angie!
    Wow, you never quit, do you? Everytime I turn around you are cutting another tree. : ) What kind of fence do you have? I'm trying to decide what kind/style to put along the road at my new place. I think I might build my own, like an old-tyme split rail. I've got plenty of fallen trees that would work good.
    So are you planting any good bulbs this Fall?

Canna, hope you are doing okay. We miss you and would love to see another pic of that pretty red flower you have. : )
    Did you watch the Steeler game?

Hi MaryS! Thanks....we really can't get over how cute a baby she is. Wish I could help you with your Peony question....I don't have much experience in that department. Last Fall I dug a few Peony's up at a clients house and just basically shoveled up the whole clump. I didn't divide them- just brought them home and plopped them in the yard. I have been drooling over pictures of Peony's in my new Wayside catalog and would love to collect a few and learn a bit more about them.

Bambi, I do like Classical, but don't listen to it very much. I played the piano growing up and some of my favorites were Beethoven's "Romanze" from the 5th Sonatina and Liszt's Theme from Liebestraume No. 3 "A Dream of Love".
    I have started listening to a channel on XM Satellite radio called "Cinematic". It is just so cool. If you ever get the chance you should check it out. It's not Classical, but more Orchestral. Instrumental songs from movie soundtracks, etc. Love to turn it up real loud. : )

Marea, I went to the grocery store to get more cardboard boxes from the produce dept. and thought of you. : ) I think i'm going to try to do a yardsale this Fall so I have less to pack. : )

Cody, looks like we won't be getting our plants from the TNN co-op. I filed a claim at Paypal and am trying to get my money back.
    I was really surprised that this co-op turned out so disastrous. I really trusted the host and had so many great co-op experiences this summer over there that I had no worries. It's too bad......we were gonna' get so many cool plants. I really, really wanted the Betula. Hopefully someone can do a similar one in the Spring.

MaryB, hope all is well. Angie's post got me all worried about you.

Where oh where the heck is MamaG???????????

I will be holding sign-up's for the "9000th Post Swap" very soon. Details on the way........

My sweet little neice wanted to say Hi.....

That's just the cutest picture. My Sister sent it to me last night.

Yesterday was my Sister Amanda's wedding. I am still pooped out. It was a beautiful ceremony and we had such a great time at the reception. My Sis worked her behind off and everything turned out so lovely. We decorated the church on Thursday and decorated the reception hall Friday morning and had the rehearsal & dinner Friday night. Everyone really enjoyed themselves and I know Amanda & her new DH Matt will never forget their special day.
    Here's a few pics......

Behind the bride & groom, left to right. Laura, my Sis' best friend (pregnant and due in just a few weeks), then Matt's cousin, then me, then another cousin of Matt, then my Sis Jenna (Brooklyn's mom), and the best man, Matt's brother.
    Oh, and check out our Stargazer's! The flowers were so pretty.

Here is the reception hall. Pictures don't do it justice. Notice the Beta bowl's w/ Peace Lily's as centerpieces. All the Beta's were red. It was just beautiful.

Of course I got to bring a Beta home. Named mine "Romanda". At the rehearsal, the priest stumbled over a few words and mixed up "rings" with "Amanda" and said "Romanda". I got a kick out of it, LOL.

That picture is behind-the-scenes, only a few moments before we headed down the aisle. That's my mom on the right giving us our last minute instructions, lol.

And here's a pic of me & my beautiful Sisters. I love them so much.

It took me 1/2 hour to get all the bobby pins out of my hair last night. : )

The house will be starting any day. I know I keep saying that, but I think it's for real this time.

Well, I think i'm going to go and relax with DH for a while. Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Dawn-Thanks for all the wedding pictures. You and your sisters are all just beautiful. Love the red and white.

Mary_s-Thank you so much for the great box I received. Love all the hostas and did not have any of them.
    Hostas
    Abby
    Fair Maiden
    Abiqua Moonbeam
    Crested Surf

Daylilies
    Siloam Angels Voice
    Mary Reed
    All Fired Up (love the orange and red together)
    Lady Fingers (spider....Yeah)

Iris
    Raspberry Blush

Thank you so much for adding the iris Raspberry Blush. You knew I need that little iris to top my box off. I started one time collecting all the Siloam daylilies don't know what happened. I need to get serious and work on it again.

Gay-Hello I was wondering what happened to you. So nice to hear from you. I remember the $1.00 daylilies you got for us. I think of you when I see them bloom.

Cindy-Love that Mico....Can't wait to see snake in the grass boo bloom.

Shirley

• mellen
    17 years ago

I received my daylily/hosta swap box from Angie. Here is what she sent:

Daylilies:
    Pandora's Box
    Dominic
    Custard Candy
    Scarlet Orbit
    Strawberry Candy
    Guardian Angel
    Spacecoast Sunshine
    Awesome Blossom

Plus a cute dragonfly garden stake with a little sign attached to it that says, "Grow Up." She included a metal welcome Halloween hanger with pumpkins and a scare crow on it. Darling! AND, a turtle pot stake with a little pink flower beside it. Angie, I just love everything you sent. Thank you so much!

Mary Ellen/Mellen

• onesherri
    17 years ago

I got worried about Mary too and sent her an e-mail but haven't heard back. She posted sept 2 so maybe she is just on vacation this week. But hopefully we will hear from her soon.

Cindy, it was prettier at that angle. Forgot to rotate it.:) Told you I was no good at photographing daylilies. I am going to have to get a model number off of your camera. Wow that takes great pics. Though your right it doesn't do justice for Mico.
    Your mom is a sweetheart and since she has such limited space, how could we possibly deprive her of the one flower that she was coveting.:)

Dawn, the wedding pics look great. HOpe everyone had fun. Love the baby waving hi too. Just adorable, keep the pics coming.:) Sherri

• toomanyanimals
    17 years ago

Dawn, Wonderful wedding pictures. Your sister certainly had beautiful/handsome people standing up in her wedding, but she shines the most! I called my daughter in to see the reception center pieces. OMG, she loved them, and said in 10 years when she gets married, she will have the same thing.
    She really liked the color of the dresses too.
    Brooklyn waving is sooo cute!

Cindy, Love the pics of the DL's! Even though I say I don't care for the orange or yellow DL's, I certainly have enough of them. :o) I've heard some nice things about Pat Garrity (from you probably). And Pumpkin Prince, I watched that on the Auction site, tried to get a steal on it, but noooo, it always was bid UP! I should put RASPBERRY BERET/or its children back on my Want list. LOL Did I mention I did get Jamaican Me Happy last spring. It did bloom for me, I was very happy with its color! I managed to get some seeds from it. :o)
    I still have seeds trying to ripen in the garden too. I keep telling myself I will only grow 5 seedlings this winter. And that I will not buy any seeds, only 5 from my stash. Ohhhh, I think I will be tearing my hair out trying to wittle it down to only 5. :o(

Sherri, isn't it great to get some rebloomers in our neck of the woods! I have Forsyth Comanche and Mama's Cherry Pie reblooming now. This is Mama's Cherry Pie 3rd rebloom for me.

I have to post a picture of my Fall Bouquet from my garden. Hubby (who doesn't notice my bouquet's on the kitchen table) raved about this one.
    {{gwi:1296064}}

And a while back I promised a Fall garden pic. Thought I would show some progress of this garden.

Here it is in the winter, actually I hadn't dug most of the garden yet.
    {{gwi:1296066}}

This is May after everything is planted.
    {{gwi:1296068}}{{gwi:1296070}}

And this is Fall.
    {{gwi:1296071}}
    Betty, that is the bird house you sent me hanging from the Arbor.

Sharon/tma

• barbamaman
    17 years ago

Mailed off Fall Happy Swap box (late :( ) to Anita and another to my mystery Exemplary Travelling Dayliliy Angel nominee today (DH forgot DC :( ).

I guess I'm in the corner for sure.

Barb

• blacktulip_wi
    17 years ago

Evening everyone,

MaryB - Thank you for a fabulous box! Now I do have some really cool hostas. :)

Cracker Crumbs, my favorite, an adorable mini
    Nigrescens
    Salute
    Wolverine
    Zounds, used to grow this one back when I lived in MN

Web of Intrigue, a wonderful Stamile daylily
    Mary B, you glow girl! Hope you chime in soon.

Cindy - Loved the daylily pics, especially Snake in the Grass Boo and Pat Garity...very striking both of them (which translates: must add them to want list.)

Dawn - I took adult piano lessons for a few years but I could never get beyond the baroque period as my hands are too small to play chords. I can play some of the easier Bach Preludes, Inventions and a small fugue - pieces that were originally written for harpsichord. Which is just as well...I love Bach and the 20th century classical repertoire best. Lovely baby and wedding pictures!

Sharon - I wish my garden could look even half as neat and pretty in the fall as yours does...right now mine looks like a big messy jungle. A few daylilies, coneflowers & black-eyed susans are still blooming but everything is getting ready for a nice long sleep.

Everyone have a good and peaceful night,
    Bambi

• mareas
    17 years ago

HELP PLEASE! There is a well formed prolif on a Finding Blue scape - do i really just cut it off & stick in a pot? I'm terrified of killing it!

Barb, I think it was just Cindy's Daylily/Hosta Swap that had to be mailed by Sept 6th, and you are NOT in trouble. At least I hope so! Otherwise I'm in trouble too. I paid attention, by the way, when you said you'd like that pink Munson I showed in my plumeria photo, unfortunately that pot doesn't have any labels & I moved it during my "organizing" and can't pick it out of the crowd now to send it to you... NEXT year I'll send it to you.

GayGay!! How wonderful you are back online!! You & I had completed our trade when your 'puter crashed last year - and I have smiled about your generosity & sent you best wishes many, many times this year when gazing at those beautiful daylilies you sent me. I should have mailed you a note thanking you. Hope the hostas I sent did well for you.

Sharon - you green thumb you! Your new garden is just gorgeous!! All that color, and my favorite cannas, too. And your lawn is so lush! A THIRD rebloom in one year? What a daylily! The last of my rebloomers are Ida's Magic & Unique Style. It just doesn't seem fair that you can't just dig up more bushes & grow more seedlings!! The last plants you sent me are doing beautifully, by the way, even sending up lots more fans.

Dawn, what a stunning wedding!! Your beautiful bride sister sure was shining, like Sharon said. Just loved seeing you & your sisters all gussied up & grinning...;) Your mom's dress was a perfect contrast, too - brava to everybody! "Romanda the Red Beta" sounds like a children's book you should write for your niece this Winter! lol

Angie - I'm worried about your (No Hosta/All) Daylily Swap box! You should have gotten it days ago...

Cindy, already I forgot half of my Top Ten choices - but it did include Mildred Mitchell, Destined To See, Victorian Lace, Forbidden Desires & Through The Looking Glass - my current favorites.

Luxuriating in cool weather & listing my moving sale on eBay, Marea

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Sharon, I am escatic to have all of my rebloomers this year. Due to all the rain this year I still have about 20 to 30 still blooming. I have never seen anything like it. A few are just late bloomers and some are new ones from the spring but I am loving all of this late color. Your gardens are very nice but I see grass and that means ROOM for more plants, you know.:)

Bambi, I have the jungle effect going here too.:) I have used plants for privacy and while they are wonderful during the summer. About mid-summer it start looking like a jungle. A friend of mine stopped over a few weeks ago and told me exactly that so I got busy and got most of it cut down along with a huge trumpet vine which was most of the problem then.

Merea, if I were you since you still have warm weather left I would stick in a little water and let it root first. It doesn't take much just make sure that you change the water at least every other day and once the roots get going, then stick it in the ground. I grow almost all of my prolifs and so far haven't lost one, they are easy. Oh and I check to see if it will pull off of the stem rather than cutting it. Sherri

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Morning Everyone,
    Just a real quick check in before I fly out the door for work. Sorry I had people worried about my whereabouts! I have been so busy with work and trying to get my three kids back to school, I've had little time for anything else!

I have lots of reading a catching up to do on posts and emails so will try to do that tonight. I did skim through the posts. LOVE all the pictures as usual!

Dawn, Brooklyn is such a little sweetie! Love the picture of her waving her little fingers. Congratualtions to your family!

Bambi, glad you received your box okay. There was a fan of Spacecoast Bold Scheme in there also. Hope it didn't get lost in the packing paper. Will have some better hostas for you in our next trade. This is just the beginning for you, my dear.

Sherri, I just need to say it again - SO HAPPY to have you back with us!!!

Gay, talk about a blast from the past! It was so nice to see you post. Glad you have your computer back and hope to see you more now.

Missing some of our other old timers - Debbie, where are you??? Diann, hope you're feeling up to being back soon. Know exactly where you're coming from....

Anyone want to take on updating our email list - adding on Bambi and Sherri?
    Gotta run for now.
    MaryB

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Dawn-Heads up there is a package coming your way. LMK when you get it. When I saw it I had to get it.

Jo-Your package went out yesterday finally.

MaryB-Your package went out yesterday also.

Also mailed to my mystery Daylily Angel from Deni's swap.

Hope to get mary s out today.

Shirley

• mary_s
    17 years ago

Hello to everyone!

Dawn, loved seeing the wedding pics. What a good looking group! Beautiful decorations!
    Sharon, good to see you back now and then! You have a beautiful lawn.

Shirley, So glad you liked everything in the hosta/daylily box! I was really surprised to find an iris that you did not already have. You seem to have them all!!!!

I received the BEST box in the hosta/daylily exchange from Cody! He sent me 6 big daylilies! They arrived Saturday so I got them all planted just before it rained.
    He sent:Two To Tango, Candy Dwyer,Joylene Nichol, Full Moon Magic,Oriental Influence and Isleworth! Thanks Cody! He said he could not find a hosta I did not already have! I Love the daylilies!

Gay, It was so good to hear from you, too! I think I still owe you some Stella D Orro! Do you still need some? We were in the middle of a trade when we all lost touch with you. I trust you received the rest of the items I sent way back then! You sent some fabulous daylilies!

My get-well wishes to all of you who are ill or hurting! I am fighting a nasty cold and have felt like #$%* since last week! One of my little 'patients' at school shared that with me!

Thanks for the peony info. I decided to just buy one for the swap. I tried digging my old fashioned pink one and the roots were as big as my arm. OH DEAR! Its been there about 30 years and will probably just have to stay there!

• onesherri
    17 years ago

All of you new aunts and grandmas, do you know if any of the mothers are using nestle good start formula???? I have 4 coupons for 11.00 off. I guess nestle thinks its high time I have another baby.:)

Mary, so glad to see you. I know first hand how chaotic it gets getting them back in school but I only have one so it was much easier for me. Can't imagine having three. Sherri

• lilywoman
    17 years ago

Dawn,yes i remember!thanks for a great bunch of stellas,they were all for me!wish i had posted sooner cause i have some of the ones u ordered this year!do u still need sabastian and i can fly? marys refresh my memory...i got lots from u,thanks a bunch...you cant owe me any thing mareas,great bunch of hostas all did well...help cant get my page up all has changed! gay

• luvmybulbs
    17 years ago

Hi guys, just a moment to post.

Dawn love the wedding pictures.

I received my wonderful box from Marea
    She sent
    Passion in Paris
    Strawberry Lace
    Dust Be Diamonds
    Witch Stichery
    Fortunes Dearest
    Great Connections

Thanks again
    Marea

I didn't have any of those, I have them in water and hopefully I get them planted tomorrow.

Take care
    Angie

• User
    17 years ago

Sherri,
    Did you get my email about the coupons? Baby Ben drinks the Nestles Good Start and the coupons would be a great help for my son and DIL.
    Thanks, Dianne (dian57)

• onesherri
    17 years ago

Dianne, I didn't get your e-mail but they are yours and they will be on their way. Glad someone could use them. Hated to throw them away. I remember how expensive formula is. Sherri

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Shirley!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

You are so incredibly thoughtful!

Everyone......we are blessed to have a group of loving, caring, special, & extraordinary people who truly care about one another. I appreciate each and every one of you.

I received an out-of-the-blue gift from Shirley and I am just so surprised! I will show it to you when I get back. Thank you Shirley, I LOVE it!!
    I am running late and need to get out the door.
    I am taking my Sister and baby Brooklyn to their first doctor's appointment!

Be back in a bit,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• namso
    17 years ago

Shirley has been a very busy Angel indeed!

Shirley i'm so honored :):)suprised , but honored! Shirley choose me for Deni's Special angel swap box. And WHAT A BOX! holy moly shirley.

Spider Daylilies!!!!!!!!
    Brer Rabbits Baby (oh i wanted forever!)
    Emmaus
    Love Unlimited
    Monkey Man
    Morning All Day
    Moving All Over (SO WANTED!)
    Oaks Love
    PLANET MAX (SO SO WANTED!!)

DOUBLES:
    Peggy Jeffcoat (from my WANT list!)
    Peppermint Truffle (oh so sweet!)
    Take Heart

AND: mSpacecoast Child Star!

HOSTA
    Remember Me (oh this is so so pretty)
    Sitting Pretty (yep it is)

Crocosmia Emily McKenzie - new to try :)

More Chances at LA IRIS - oh, fingers crossed i figure these out this time. they say 3rd times a charm :)
    Clyde Redman
    Laura Louise
    Voodoo Music

Shirley, your generosity is humbling. I really am just left speechless on this one. Thankyou, Cindy

• marybz5ny
    17 years ago

Good Morning All,

May I be the third in line to say a huge THANK YOU to our Ms. Shirley and to sing her praises? I received a GREAT last minute daylily/hosta swap box from her! I think she miscounted a little on the 6 only items and enclosed a note saying she hoped she wasn't in trouble with Cindy for over packing! Here's what she sent me:

Daylilies:

American Eagle
    Angelic Messenger (Ooooohhhhhh!!)
    Ballyhoo
    Double Breakthrough
    Frilly Bliss (Spider -Love this one!)
    Lavender Bonanza
    Spacecoast Sweet Eye (!)
    String Bikini (Another awesome spider)

Louisiana Iris (Think these have become my favorite of the irises):

Mr. Man (a pass on from our dearly missed Joey's garden)
    Voodoo Magic

Canna 'Florence Vaughn'

Hosta:

'Little Sunspot' (Almost just bought this last week! Very pretty!)
    'Sitting pretty'

Crocosmia 'Norwich Canary' (Love!)

Iris 'Champagne Elegance' (2 fans)

Shirley, Thanks again for always blessing your swap partner with a most awesome packed full box. Always love my trades with you!

Cindy, GREAT box from Shirley! I agree with her- you are a special angel among us and so deserving to be honored with that! Always love your pictures, your shared wisdom, sense of humor and ofcourse your great daylilies!

Marea, I agree with Sherri on the prolif info. I just snap mine off the scape and put it in just a very small amount of water - about 1/4" - just enough so the tip of the crown is sitting in. It will begin to grow roots in a matter of a few days. Very easy! Hope the move is going well for you - know you must be getting there!

Diann, speaking of baby Ben - how about an updated picture? He must be growing like a weed since his newborn picture you posted.

Debbie, please post and let us know how you're doing - it's been way too long.

Have been wide awake since 2:00 a.m. so I guess I'd better go accomplish something constructive before work today. Hope you all have a good one!
    MaryB

• mamabirrd
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Time for a new thread..... We're getting closer to 9000 posts!!

~Dawn (mamabirrd)