sassyd
15 years ago

Whoops! I didn't realize we were at 150

Sassy

Comments (150)

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Mariann, I LOVE those pics of Well Sweep...I wanna go!!!
    Kind of hard doing that from NC though huh?

OH WENDY I am SO glad to see you post again...I have wanted to email you, but I just wanted to give you time and space and let you get back into the swing of things when you felt you were ready. (((HUGS TO YOU)))) I wish I could help make it all better...

tracy way to brag..LOL.. ur happy dance is SO like annoying and all...HEHEHE(love yah)

Vic...I KNOW...DUH!!! PLUMS WHO would've thunk it?

:) Fran

• galium
    15 years ago

Trina-DUH....See what happens when I become involved in to many things.LOL

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Vic, I'm sorry you didn't get the iris. Not only did DH not send them priority, he didn't put a confirmation# on it. But be sure if you do not get it I will send another. I'm glad they are iris, if if were plants, and a hot as it is I'm afraid of the condition. AGain my apologies.

Wendy, I was in a hurry to get out the door last night that I forgot to give you my codolences. I know how hard it is, and I know you have heard this before, but it does get easier. I remembr when I lost my dad we was devastaed but we still had mom, then after mom passed It was like we were a bunch of orphans. Send me your address and I will get it to you, but not until after the holiday.

I'm glad I've got a computer to use where I'm staying, so I can play another game for another Beverely Sills. I will think of another game before I head for bed. I think I know what I'm going to play, but I have to check it out first.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Who was the little character, HINT#1 I fizz

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

yayy!! THANKYOU Annie!! woo-hoo!

:)

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Wendy, Congratulations on winning the game! What a smarty you are! I am so glad to see you posting. I remember when my Mom lost her Mom. She must have reached for the phone to call her a thousand times. They were very close and did many things together each week and spoke on the phone often. She still misses her and it has been nearly 28 years. I do love when she shares stories of her. It brings memories back for her and helps me to know my grandmother better since I was so young when she passed.

Fran, what? You don't like Laurel and Hardy? What is wrong with you? Sheesh! Sorry if I was over exuberant, just a happy girl here. See? I've calmed down a little now. lol!

We had a pretty big rain storm today. We really needed it. Our lawn is bone dry and I have been trying not to watering too much because we run on a well here. I do my containers with grey water much of the time but the big beds were starting to suffer. We could use quite a lot more days like today to help us catch up.

Sassy, how are things with you? I hope the patients are behaving themselves and starting to take care of you now. How is that little smoocher doing? Give Kenzie a big hug for me!

Annie, How nice that you have a computer while you work. I am guessing alka seltzer? lol!

Tracy

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

Tracy, yep, I liked the little alka seltzer man. I will send your iris when I send your other plants.

I don't have internet access at work. I have it where I'm staying during the week to help To cut down on gas cost.

I will have to think of a harder game, I'm goig to lay back down for a while. 11p.m will come fast.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Thankyou Tracy *hugs*, everyone's been so kind on GW, there's really aLOT of wonderful people here!

Wow, we just had the equivalent of a flash flood today I think! I had huge puddles all over my yard.... we needed it tho I guess!

ok girls, my 11yr old daughter just *decided* to become a vegetarian.. she tells me this on Friday mind you, over a plate of sesame seed chicken, so I say ok, well, you won't be wanting to eat THIS then! she was like wait mom! I don't wanna start til Monday! hehe Anywho.. any veggie recipes or full-fledged vegetarian recipes would be greatly appreciated. I tried allrecipes.com tonight, got some, but not alot. She's gonna *try* it for a week.. we'll see! :P

Hugs all,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Annie, no worries about the iris! I even told Sassy to just send hers 1st class in a bubble envie, it is actually easier for me if it's in a package that will fit in the mailbox, that way I don't have to worry about being home to meet the mail lady...

Wendy, Vegetarian huh? Hmmm....you could start cooking all her favorite meats! LOL
    Try recipezaar.com they have tons of stuff, and even a place where you can "sift" out (or in) the stuff you want. Hope this helps.

Vic

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

Ever just have one of "those" days? Imagine finding this next time you eat out at the local Chinese restaurant...

Seek Codes
    {{gwi:1296618}}
    MySpace Graphics

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Don't worry Wendy, she will start craving meat IF you fix it a lot.
    The vegetarian thing usually doesn't last too long for absolute meat eaters...

Tracy I LOVE Laurel and Hardy, the little happy dance was too much...HAHAHA DANG GIRL,,,yous good at the guessing thang, I just couldn't figure that one out...didn't KNOW
    there even was a little little alka seltzer man... I was totally lost on that one....lol.

GOOD GRIEF you should see the annoying little thing DAN put on another thread...it is REALLY annoying...lol.
    The good thing is that one is about to hit 150 so that will be good...lol.

Annie have a good night.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Boy am I really missing Michigan now! I was wanting to do some canning and jams this year. We went to the Farmers Market Sat. and a case of peaches was $36.00!! Is it just here or has produce went up like that everywhere?!? I think last time I bout them they were about $16/cs. *sigh*

Guess I'll start checking on prickly pear and burdock recipes.......

Night all,
    Vic

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

What?! I won? How'd that happen? I just took a wild guess when Plop Plop Fizz Fizz popped into my head at the clue! lol! Thank you again Annie! You are a sweetheart!

Well, I think I will post a game now for all of you girls and give Annie a chance to win something for a change!

Question: What is my absolutely favorite kitchen tool to use? Hint #1: It is Japanese and has a special name.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

a wok?...lol
    fran

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

oh goody!

umm.. Ginsu knives?? LOL couldn't resist.. :P
    uhh.. a mandolin slicer thingie? is that Japanese? lol
    hmm.. maybe a mortar and pestle? dunno if that's Japanese either.. but making some wild guesses here :)

Hugs,
    Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Heh heh, nope not a wok, not a mandolin, not a ginsu, not a mortar and pestle... Keep guessing!

Think I should mention what you will win? LOL! It will be for a division of Caramel Heuchera

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Here is a link to see what it looks like.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*drooling....

is a whisk Japanese?? LOL
    rice cooker??
    umm.. bamboo steamer?
    teapot? grater? skewers? metal strainer?

If it's chopsticks, I'm gonna smack myself..lol

Seriously can you tell how bad I wanna win this? LOL
    Hugs,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Me too Wendy, I have wanted one of these forever.
    Gosh tracy, that was a mouthful wasn't it? on the not a this and that....lol.
    Guess: is it one of the balanced knives? Oh gee what it the name of those? Master Chefs use them for everything...ohh Santoku Knife

Is that it? Is it? Oh I HOPE I am so right...hehehe

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

I use my rice cooker all the time (so that would of been my first guess) second guess would be Kushi/Skewers! I LOVE using them on the grill with meats/veggies.

Deb

• galium
    15 years ago

Deb-I received your box today. I love everything! Thanks so much.
    Deb sent me 4 magazines, The Recipes Of Madison County cook book and The Edible Herb Garden Book. Also AV leaves (Yeah!), a pot holder, silicone basting bushes and a double ended silicone spatula. Not to mention lots of stickers for food gifts, recipes and a cute sponge dish. The sponge dish will come in handy. Maybe I can keep my DH from throwing it in the sink.LOL I really appreciate everything you sent!
    Hugs,
    Mariann

P.S. Annie the Irises arrived today. What a great way to package them. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Wendy, nope none of those!

Deb, nope not kushi skewers, although those things are awesome! I use the bamboo skewers and soak them in water when using them on the grill.

Fran, YOU GUESSED IT! Yes, a Santoku Knife is my very favorite tool to use in the kitchen! Congratulations! Zip me an email and I will send you your Caramel Heuchera.

Mariann, what a wonderful box Deb sent you! All of those goodies sound awesome.

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hmmm....not much left to guess LOL
    how about a ZARU?

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Sorry Vic, I guess we were posting together. I will post another game tomorrow evening! It will be for a different kind of heuchera or heucherella.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

argghhh! lol NEVER heard of that knife! ah well, congrats Fran!! *makes note to get Fran's addr so I can sneak over and make a cutting.. hehehohohahahaha :P jk of course!

So nvm on the vegetarian recipe requests, not that they were pouring in anyways lol All it took to end my girl's Vegetarian days was the smell of pepperoni pizza, from the school cafeteria no less! LOL lil stinker! She came home, I said so how was your chef salad today? and she comes and hides her face in my hug and starts gigglin'.. I knew right then she had folded already! lol Wonder what she'll come up with next? :)

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Wendy, I completely forgot about your vegie recipes request. So sorry! I am glad that crisis is averted though. I told my kids if they turn vegan on me then they have to learn how to cook. I refuse to be a short order cook in my own home. I cook a meal and they eat it, the end! lol! The only vegetable main dish that everyone here likes is vegie lasagna. I use spinach and mix it in with the ricotta cheese mixture. You can do an alfredo sauce or a red sauce in the layers. It's pretty good.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Oh yey...I won, I won, I won...go me...gosh..that one took a little brain power..lol THANKS TRACY...

Wendy honey, I will share some with you. Again I am glad to see you posting. I still have your stuff you wanted for our trade. If you are up to it email me. Hey, didn't I tell you that phase doesn't usually last long...lol, hers was shorter than I thought though...LOL.

Annie, I got my presents today...THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Thanks tracy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Yep Tracy, I think I was searching "japanese kitchen tools" while you were posting, the Zaru is the only thing I found that wasn't already guessed! LOL

Wendy, that's too funny! At least ya didn't stock up on tofu before she changed her mind, ya didn't did ya??

Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

lol no Tracy, I had planned on going to buy tofu tomorrow (thank goodness!!!) But I was willing to support her if she really felt this was important. Guess it was a passing phase..lol

Fran I am so behind on my emails right now it's unreal! I hope to start going thru my email box by tomorrow afternoon/eve, so I should be mailing you on that no later than end of week! I appreciate your patience!

Vic that's exactly what I was googling too! lol But I was going w/ the layman's terms.. who knew she had such a fru-fru fancy schmancy knife! hehe lol :P

I made Shrimp Scampi, steamed squash/zucchini and garlic bread for dinner... no vampires around here tonight that's fo' sho'!

Hugs ya'll,
    Wendy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

AWWW PHHHHFFTTT I didn't even get a chance to guess dangie!!! Not that I would have gotten it anyways lol.

Congrats Fran.

Congrats to you also Wendy and also for your daughter not becomining a vegan. (if there needs to be congrats on that lol who knows). I most definately couldn't be one as long as there were still cows roaming the earth! lol

Well had to finally go see the pool man with a sample of our pool water. lmao for the next 48 hours going to be shocking and brushing the pool WHOOHOO FUN FUN but then in 3 days Imma swimming!!!! Come to find out lmao I ain't the only one in this house that has brunette moments!!! Fox had the pump on something other than filter so the water wasn't going through the sand filter lol hmmm can't say a word though cause he was nice enough to hook the thing up for me eh?? yeah right lmao I aint that quiet!

skeeters have taken to breeding in the trays I didn't put up after I winter sowed here, learned that this afternoon too lol. So looks like I will be really busy doing clean up outback tomorrow. Lovely Lovely Lovely lol

Alan cooked supper tonight (ok ya'll get over the shock) he cooked mac and cheese, venison sausage, and is now cooking venison tenderloin chicken fried steak style (the way I make it). I hate the smell of boiled sausage though YUCK. He is also making broc./cauliflower and cheese. WOW eh? He is cooking for a couple of his friends lol so he is impressing I guess.

Gonna have to pay better attention so I can start guessing on games again lol.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• sassyd
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Grief!! I have to leave a couple of days and I have book to read! WOWOWW!

Ok, I'm gone to read now:)

Sassy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Ah, are you making fun of my oh so cool fru-fru fancy schmancy knife? Huh, are ya? LOL! I love this thing, it is the best knife for most chopping jobs. I kind of have a bit of a knife collection going here. I have all kinds of big ones, little ones, serrated ones, etc. Last year I got myself a really nice 10" chef knife and honing blade. Next up will be some ceramic knives. Those are awesome to use. I took a cullinary class a few years ago and got to use some of them. Just amazing at how a good knife is compared to what we are used to using.

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, All- What a time we are having here. Yesterday was so awful with losing my wonderful little Buffy (a precious Peke). I left him tied out as he liked the outdoors so well and my DH didn't see him-you can guess the rest. Yesterday and today we both have shed many many tears. He was such a gentle, sweet little guy and so delightful to be with. Such a blessing to our lives. It will be so hard without him and take us a long time to
    adjust without him.
    Today we start a new life without him and it helped when I received such wonderful iris from Annie. What a great job of wrapping them, Annie and I thank you so much!! Here is the list of them I received:
    Annabelle Babson
    Alice Goodman
    Champagne Elegance (I found a picture on GW Hortiplex & it is gorgeous)
    Dauntless
    Mulled Wine
    Spartan
    Stop the Music
    Time Traveler
    Believe me, Annie, these made my day. Thanks so much. I can't hardly wait until I get them in the ground and how wonderful it's going to be next year. If I don't post for a few days I know you will all understand. Blessings Margaret

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*looks at my dollarstore/wal-mart knife stash.. and walks away in SHAME!!! :P I do have some kick-a** swords to brag about, for some reason I collect them from every Renaissance festival we attend. I have nowhere to put them.. I just .. collect them! They don't cut food tho, sadly. Guess I should put my $$ into some fru fru kitchen knives finally instead of pretending to be a warrior princess! (seriously .. I never do that! ) shush Tracy..

oh Margaret you poor thing! *hugss* I'm glad you at least had such a lovely box to open up and bring SOME cheer to your day! *more hugss*

~Wendy

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

ok made me go get my Mom's knives out lol but nopers they are Samurai Cutlery. Never used them hmmm don't know why even, the set contains a (Bread Knife) Straight ; a Carving Knife; Carving Fork; and six steak knives. Nothing as fancy pancy as yours Ducky though. lol Wendy these are called "Samurai Sword Cutlery" lol reminded me when you said that.

Sheesh I don't do enough cutting but I sure can throw them!!!

lol j/k
    Trina

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Margaret, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your little guy! I know how devastating it can be. "HUGS"

Warrior Princess, I'm right there with ya girl! Umm, with the dollar store knives, not the warrior princess stuff LOL

Vic

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*stands all alone and lonely in the corner in my warrior princess costume....

ANYONE else? ...

*giggle giggle snort!
    ~W

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Margaret, I am so sorry that you lost your friend yesterday. I will pray that your hearts will heal and a smile is quick to return to your faces.

Wendy, I have a picture in my mind of you dressing up as Xena, Warrior Princess! OMGoodness! Do you have the leather and brass bustier thingy in your closet along with your swords? ROFL!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

OMG ROFLMBO!!
    I thought I was the only one that had that pic in my head!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

ROFLOL

so that's where underwire came from!

yea yea just switch her to blonde hair, green eyes

yea and my sword's bigger dangit!

blonde jokes next right? *sighhh :P

lol gnite u nuts,
    ~Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Tracy, is she calling US the nuts?!? I don't have a Warrior Princess costume, do you??? "snickering"

• galium
    15 years ago

Margaret-I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My brother lost his pet last year. He was heartbroken.

Wendy-And on what special evenings do you wear that costume??? Do you play Dungeons ad Dragons too? That photo looks like my DD's persona when she games.LOL
    Fran-Congrats on winning!
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

lol heck if I could fit INto that costume I would probably own it! lol maybe after my diet .... :P

we're ALL nuts and I for one, am proud of it! :)

It's icky and overcast and really rainy.. and what really sucks is that my son has a drs appt at 9am.... and the driver's side window on my van doesn't roll up. Can u possibly imagine how 'thrilled' I am at this moment!?! arghhh.....

Hugs everyone!
    ~Wendy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

LOL, Wendy, yeah, that must be where the underwire comes from. Can you imagine that stuff digging into your ribs?

Who'd a thought our own little Sassybutterfly likes to hack away with big knives?

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Everyone, just wanted to let ya know I got an email from Annie this morning, she can't get on GW for some reason : (

Beth, I've been looking for something to put in your box, and of course I can't find it anywhere! Grrrr

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey, I LIKE the warrior princess, what's wrong with that image? WOMEN, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, can survive hardship, and KICK your A8$! BEWARE THE BIG SWORD.

WOMAN HEAR US ROAR..UHHHH!ERR!!!

Ok, I done...

I would own it too Wendy IF muh fanny would fit....ROFLMAO!

You better believe it, when I was a little girl, Isis was a super hero, guess who I pretend played to be?

• dan_the_mailman
    15 years ago

ROFL!!! Y'all are too too too much!!! I've been laughing at all the "warrior princess" stuff so much, my ribs hurt! I've just got one question though, why not Wonder Woman? Man, when that show was on, I watched it every week! And it wasn't because of that invisible plane, either! LMAO!!!

Now, on a more serious note, Wendy, you go ahead and wear that costume ANYTIME you want! (grin)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

*gigglin' and walkin away before I type somethin' to keep this Warrior Princess stuff goin'.... rof ... lol.... lmbo.... hehehehehehehe

~Wendy
    aka Warrior Princess *assumes bad-a$$ stance...

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

HAH!! I got your picture while you were doing your "bad-a$$ stance"

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Vic ~ wow... that really DOES look JUST like me when I stand in that weird/odd position!

lol

I wish! :D

~butterflywarriorwomanwannabe