RE: UPDATE: Pedal Pushers August Cookbook Swap 3

Ok Sassy what about "So What"?

I'm thinking of another game, This time it will be for another "Dauntless"

Be Back later with the game

Annie

o

Pixie that's just what I was going to say! LOL
But I'll try "uut ooo" (don't quite know how to spell that!)

Sassy, yes, it's nice to have a place to vent! We all need it at one time or another!
You do sound like you're in better spirits though and sometimes just some venting can do wonders!

Thanks for the well wishes for the interview!

Annie, glad your air is working now!

Vic

o

You got it Pix! Go Way! and throw up that little hand while running! lol Its so cute!

Gotta get dinner on, running late. I'll show a pic of what you're getting soon. Check back.

Thank all of you for playing. I love games!

Sassy

o
And

For Iris Black Flag

Here is what it looks like

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/product324.html

o

That's too funny Sassy, Zack still does that to me! LOL

o

Sassy my kids used to tell me huh un, when they were about to do something they knew not to be doing...they would start to touch something look at me posed and say huh un, cuz they knew I was bout to say it...lol.

Vic congrats on the job PT with benefits is unheard of...that is great! I miss working at the hospital, but 12 hour shifts my body just couldn't take...

Dan, OUCH...gonna have a NICE shiner, make up a really GOOD story to go with that...lol.

Annie, love the iris...nice color...

My stomach hurts and I don't know if I have a stomach thing or what...It aches like a virus but I haven't been anywhere to pick up a bug...

Ok, who likes Chicken and Dumplings SOUTHERN STYLE? With the gooey sticky dumplings inside? If enough ppl are interested in the recipe I will post mine...it is easy simple and only takes about an hour start to finish including cooking the chicken first...well, maybe, depends on how YOU boil your chicken..

AH YAH VIC, I forgot... I use a pressure cooker ALL the time, no gauge, just straight presure. Mine makes the chuchuchu sounds, well sssshhhhhhhhhhh sounds really while using it.
Never had a cooker with a gauge, my best friend bought me a 8 quart cooker for Christmas this past year and I haven't used it yet because of the way it is made...
If you need some tips on using it let me know...if it is the kind with the chuchuchu thing on top of it...

WoW, can't believe we hit 150 that plus the one we disconitued means WE TALK ALOT....lol.

:) Fran

o
Vic...

Vic, believe me....I've been getting the utt ohh for awhile now, and its definitely one of her favs, spits her paccie out on purpose and its utt ohhh, lol, God I act like shes the first child to ever do it! *he he* I can't help it, please put up with me! send me your addy and I'll send you one too. (You too Pix I probably have yours but don't want to hunt it down, lol) Let me get Jerry fed and I'll post what you're getting!

Sassy

Annie, I'll be back shortly to check.

o

Way to go pixie!

GAME TIME AGAIN

Shelby does this when he goes fishing (there are two things he does a lot)

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
How rude of me

Dan, sorry about your shiner, I don't think there is much you can do for a black eye. I know, I know they say put a steak on it, but lets be real, The price of steak, and you are going to put on your eye. yeah right!

Sassy, how cute!

I love my pressure cooker, you can cook a roast in half the time!

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Thanks Fran I certainly like to try your Chicken & Dumplings recipe I will in turn post mine if you or anyone else want to try it?

o
Whoops,

I'm wrong, after thinking about this, I believe you can cook a 5 lb roast well done in 1hr. 15 minutes with 15 lbs of pressure.

Yummy, Chicken and Dumplings, makes me hungry.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Fran, I can't believe you haven't used your new one yet!

I did a pork roast in my 4 qt cooker today, it was just a little 2 1/2 lb one, took 34 min. (I had to add 4 min for my altitude) It was AWESOME!! I would have to say by far one of the best roasts I've ever cooked! I am going to be doing a lot more pressure cooking now! I did a lot of researching on the web to make sure I didn't blow the house up LOL. I honestly don't think they are that dangerous if you follow directions. I told Jamie I am going to start collecting pressure cookers like I collect crock pots (I have one in every size they come in LOL)
I'm doing chicken thighs tomorrow, says it will take 7 min.

Sassy, that is so sweet of you! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
And that's ok, I talk about Zack all the time too! And I hear G-babies are even MORE fun!

Love chicken and dumplings!!! I've only made them once and it was not a good thing!

Vic

o

I want a pressure cooker!!!! lol, I didn't realize that they made one other than those you use for canning!!! WOW ya can tell I am not a chef eh>???

Sassy, that is soo funny and WHOOHOO, Alan still tells me to "go way" when he is caught doing something wrong and he is 20 yrs old!!!!

I have to brag and advertise... I ordered some DL's from Blue Ridge DL's and OMGoodness!!! The plants I got were beyond perfect description!!!! Very HUGE fans with tons of tubers and sooo rich and green!!! I have ordered from two nurseries them being the second that have really amazed me. Others just wad up DL's and ship them. These plants were very thick and hardy.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Did I miss something? Chicken & dumps!??? Re-post please!

Vic, you love your kid/s with all you have, when you have g-kids you find more love than you knew you could have! ok, that was extreme, I can't explain it, sorry. Not that I don't love Julie as much. Its like a 3rd party mini/me!

Ok, I think I'll make you girls sweat it a bit, I'll show pics tommorrow of your winnings. Don't worry, you'll like!
I need to go to bed.

Talk tommorrow
And none of you have permission to win Annie's iris! lol
I do hope you all know I kidding!

Niters!
Sassy

o

Annie, I've been trying to think of everything I can to do with fishing LOL I can't think of a thing except the regular fishing stuff....
cast his line and bait the hook (that's the best I can do right now!)

Pix, WTG on the DL's!

Sassy, I'm gonna start calling you "Sappy Sassy" LOL
I seen an interview on TV and they (forget who) said "being a parent is like walking around the rest of your life with your heart outside your body"
I have to say, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me!
Tonight he wanted graham crackers, I gave him 2, he said "not just 2", I gave him another, he said "I don't want just 3" I told him to eat those and if he wanted more I would get them for him, as he walked away he said "oh, this is SERIOUS!" and he said it with soooo much attitude! I have NO idea where he gets that! LOL

Vic

o

No, I haven't post the recipe yet...had to take care of somethings...I will tomorrow. Right now I taking pain meds and headed to bed...
night all.

o

Fran, sorry you are not feeling well.

Vic, nope it isn't that.

Lets try it this way, it has a total of 12 letters between the two words that I'm thinking of. And there are 5 vowels out of the 12 letters. Am I making sense?

Time for coffee!
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
oh yes!

Children are great, such neat little creatures, can capture your heart instantaneously , and make you do stuff you would swear you would never do! I'm want a g-baby, waaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I smell the coffee brewing!
Annie

o

Good Morning. I am sorry that I haven't been around much lately. Things seem to have gotten away from me. When life gets in the way it seems to do so with a vengeance.

Mariann, my DD is doing well even though the rash has spread. She only started to blister in one section and the rest is staying in check. She has it on her arms and legs all the way up to her tush. Poor girl. She is taking a bit of benadryl now and again when she complains which isn't too often. She is still a happy little girl, though.

My DH has it now, too. His is much worse and has it everywhere. It is spreading like crazy. We've done all the treatments that we normally would do and haven't gotten it under control yet. Went to CVS last night and talked to the pharmacist and she didn't have the poison ivy kit that we talked about here but recommended a spray that will dry up the rash and also treat the itching. We'll see how that works. Next step will be the doctor's office and steroids. He doesn't complain much but the blisters are awful. Terrible stuff.

Sassy, I got your email and sent one back to you. Sorry it took me so long. I haven't been on the computer much lately and have neglected my emails. I am so happy that you DD went to her doctor. Thank goodness she will have some relief now!

Vic, you tortured me with your banana post. I love bananas! I used to cook with them all the time. They were my favorite quick food, snack, awesome on peanut butter sannies! Sadly, after I had my second son I became severely allergic to them. I get sooooo sick if I even have a small taste of one. It is so hard not to snag one when I'm hungry. I miss them so much! lol!

That Zach is a cute one. So, how hard did you crack up when he came back with that little comment? lol!

I am finding myself starting to wish for winter foods already. I am cooking less and less out on the grill. We had stuffed peppers for dinner the other night. The peppers were gigantic and so tasty! Most of my kids had never had them before and I was surprised at how much they liked them. Hubby and I were happy to add one more meal to the list of happy dinners.

Tracy

o

Tracy, I'm sorry to hear both your daughter and Dh have the poison ivy. We had to get medicine from the Doctor. She perscribed a steroid cream, Triamcinolone, and it seems to give Dh relieve.

It is raining out today, but will make weeds come out easy.

I'll be back later,
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
RECIPE from Fran

Ok, here's my easy chicken and dumpling recipe, maybe some of you already to it this way, but I remember watching people I'd seen make it, actually roll out the dough, cut into individual little tiny pieces and stand there and drop each little piece one by one into the pot. THIS was WAY to much for me so I came up with this method, I like the second one personally better myself, BUT the family likes the big dumplings in theirs so I have to make the first one for them.
I give them all the larger dumplings and I eat the creamy mix left behind...lol.

I hope you will give one of them a try and you enjoy it if you decide to make either one.

Frans Easy Chicken and "Dump"lings
Ingredients
Chopped cooked chicken (as much or as little as you like)
Chicken Broth/stock (from cooked chicken or canned)
1 c. Milk (approx) (whole or canned)
2 c. Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Set aside your cooked chopped chicken. In a large stock pot or large pot, depending on how much you intend to cook add your chicken broth/stock, this is your base and you need to add as much as you need to feed your family, add enough milk to change the color from clear golden to a creamy color., dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
While your broth is heating in a large bowl: add 2 c. flour, salt, and pepper. Mix. Add c. milk, you should have enough milk to make a ball, if you do not add a little more milk, should you have added TOO much milk add a little more flour. It can look slightly dry OR sticky. Once you have this blended your stock should be boiling.
Take a teaspoon and chop off small OR large pieces of your dough ball, drop one at a time into the boiling liquid. Adding only a few pieces at a time, after you have begun to add the dough balls the heat will need to be turned down so it doesnt boil over. After you have added all your dough balls, let everything simmer about 5 10, gently simmer, stirring continuously so it doesnt stick to the bottom of the pot. ADD RESERVED CHICKENdo not forget, or you will just have dumplings. :).
The liquid will still be slightly runny, not thickened. To thicken, take c. flour place into small bowl, and add c. milk, mix be careful to take out as many lumps as possible, this needs to be as smooth as you can get it. This mixture should be runny. If it is too thick add a little more milk, it will be harder to mix at this point but make it as smooth as possible. Once it is smooth pour slowly in to pot, stirthis will thicken quickly. Place in bowls and enjoy!

Frans Chicken and NO Dumplings Stew
Ingredients
Chopped cooked chicken (as much or as little as you like)
Chicken Broth/stock (from cooked chicken or canned)
1 c. Milk (approx) (whole or canned)
2 c. Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
Add the cooked chopped chicken into a large stock pot or large pot, depending on how much you intend to cook add your chicken broth/stock, this is your base and you need to add as much as you need to feed your family, add enough milk to change the color from clear golden to a creamy color., dash of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil.
While your broth is heating in a large bowl: add flour, salt, and pepper. Mix. Add 1 1/2 c. milk, this mixture should be of a thickened liquid consistency, not runny, not dough like. It will look like thick goop! Once this is mixed slowly incorporate this mixture into your boiling stock, turn down the heat before adding this to the pot. Stirring the mixture into the liquid a little at a time until it is all in the pot. Let this simmer on LOW heat about 3 5 minutes. This doesnt take long to heat through, and make sure you keep stirring so it doesn't stick, cuz it will if you don't stir it. Once it's heated through, place in bowls and serve while hot.

This really makes a thick chicken soup, which I prefer over the lumpy chunks of sticky dumplings. Maybe you will like it too.

I just want ya'll to know I sat here and wrote this out to post, we all know when I make either of these I just dump everything together and measure nothing cuz know what it should 'look' like...lol.

Ok, tell me what you think if you try one or both...I'd like to know what you thought about the recipes!!!!

o

Hey Pix, I'm missed you saying you ordered from Blue Ridge Daylilies, girl you will ALWAYS be thrilled with purchases from them. They send the largest rooted fans I've ever received.

Vic kids really can be so funny. They certainly are amazing little creatures. I'm sure I sound like a blubbering idiot when talking about Kenzie but I just can't help myself. lol

Fran, I hope you're feeling better today hun.

Annie, some men like to have a beer while out fishing so I'll say Old Milwaukee. Girl I will be so thrilled for you when you tell us you're gonna be a MeMaw!

Tracy good to see you posting. You take care dear. These girls have me wanting to try the banana's w/choc now. I'm sorry to hear you can't eat them anymore. You know usually in the fall I make a huge batch of veggie soup and freeze in individual containers so I can pull out a couple of bowls on a cold winter night. Certain things I only like in the winter, veggie soup with cornbread is one of them. I think I'm going to be doing it early this year. I sure hope your family and Annie's dh gets rid of the poisen ivy. Thats some nasty stuff, it affects me the same way.

Fran, I have both receipes saved in my receipe file and will definitely be trying them. I've always made mine the old fashion way too but I'm always open to something new.

Ok, Annie, Vic and Pixie, here are 3 iris I have extras of so I'll give you a choice.
Hemstitched-Rebloomer
Photobucket

English Charmer-Rebloomer
Photobucket

Mariposa Skies
Photobucket

If any of you already have these, I'll re-group. lol

Sassy

o

Oh Wow, Sassy, those are beautiful colored irises!!!
My stomache still hurts, don't know what the heck this is, but I want it to go away NOW!
Thanks for the good thought though...I have decided I am sick with something...as long as I don't eat anything, it doesn't hurt that bad. Supper for me tonight might just be beef broth.

Why do ppl only enjoy Truckey at Thanksgiving, soups, and Pinto beans in the winter time?
I fix pintos, with fixins' in the summer, usually don't have soup that much, only cook turkey at Thanksgiving, but ppl tell me all the time it is too hot for pinto bean suppers and soups in the summertime. However, I find this funny because we still eat HOT foods so where do these ideas come from?
BTW I don't have central air in the old house, it only has big windows. We finally got a window A/C unit last month for the livingroom, so I know what hot is...Annie, I just wanted to mention that...lol. Since you said you were spoiled to A/C. I wish we had a whole house heating and cooling system but the landlord is too cheap to put any money into this place, and we sure aren't footin' the bill.

I have the same problems with the poison icky plants too, thats why I knew about the pills at CVS, sorry those were not available there.

Those are the easiest ways I know of to do the chicken and dumplings. I tried it the other way one time...and thought gee there has to be an easier way... so this came to mind because of the easy chicken pie recipe...

ok, finished rambling now...

o

Fran, sorry you do not feel well, I'm glad you can at least be cool. The only reason I have central air cause it was here when we bought the house. The furnace is only 7 years old, I can't believe the switch went out. Things just are not made like they used to be.

Sorry Sassy, nope not Old Milwaukee.

ANOTHER HINT, HOOKS WITH NO BARBS

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
and

I've copied the chicken and dumplings recepe and will be sure to try it.

Sassy let the other girls pick first.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Does he use "The Gamakatsu" for fly fishing...I'm clueless...

:( Fran

o

Fran, nope not fly fishing, ANOTHER CLUE, think conservation.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
shelby calls it

Window shopping for fish, throw the momma and daddy back.

o

I can't believe I've missed so much. Still haven't had time to read all the posts.

Tracy-I'm glad your DD is doing a little better. I can't believe she has that much poison ivy and your DH the poor guy. You are, no doubt, the nurse through all this.

Annie-Does he say a little prayer before casting out??? Hoping to catch the really big one.

Sassy how is your DH doing??

Fran-Chicken and Dumplings is sounding pretty good to me about now.LOL

Vic-Did I see someone congratulate you on getting a job? I must have missed it somewhere along the way. What kind of job is it??

I guess I'd better check in more often.
Mariann

o

Mariann, nope, I don't think he says a prayer, then again he might.

I will try and think of another clue here in a few, I have to start dinner.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
Things are looking up

I forgot to mention, sis was released today.

We had a quick dinner, tomato soup,grilled cheese, ice tea and of course I had to have coffee.

No one has guessed by game yet.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Ok, Annie I gave them some time to guess, so I'm going to guess again....maybe Catch & Release? I should know this! We fish all the time, lol!

Sassy

o

SASSY, YES IT IS! I will get your prizes out to you when I mail your other box.

Fran, again your prize box will go out Saturday along with part of my box to Margaret.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Photobucket

Whohoooo! I sure hope Fran doesn't stick me in her pot with the dumplin's!

o
Annie.....

Seriously, you don't owe me anything hun, I just had fun playing:)

Shushhhhh! (I think the weeee ones went to bed)

LOL! Going myself very soon.

Sassy

o

I love the whoopee chicken...I'm gonna have to save it for later use...HAHAHA

Annie no worries...thx for sharing.

Catch and release WELL DUH...WE DO IT TOO!!! I just feel to bad to think...that just never hit me until it was said and then the THROW the momma and daddy back SMACKED me right in the face...there you go, another DUH moment in the life and times saga of Fran...hehe

o

Hey Fran! Stop pickin' at my chicken! lol.

I'll email you tommorrow, speaking of graphics I need to ask you something. Not tonight, I'll do it tommorrow, feel better:)

Sassy

o

I'm behind in reading the thread, so can't really comment on anything. I'll catch up tomorrow. I worked on Mariann's package tonight (put in the last minute things). It's ready to go in the morning, I'll post the DC# when I return home from the PO.

Slowski's appt (my turtle) was yesterday for a recheck on the little broken leg that the vet broke. He ended up getting a few shots (vitamins, and bloodwork) the bloodwork was to check his calcium level. The level came in close to normal, so that's good. The bill is close to $500, but I only had to pay $117 of it for the first visit when the vet broke the leg during the exam. I really had no choice other than to pay it or go somewhere else and start paying everything all over again. The vet did say that they would pay everything until the leg is healed. I talked with his supervisor and she asked me to give him another chance. He felt really bad. I did.. He's really gentle with Mr. Slowski now. I had no intentions of ever letting him touch the turtle again, until I thought about how he must feel.
I'm sure he feels horrible. Slowski's adorable! I'll try and post a pic of him soon. He's giving me a really hard time with eating. I've been hand feeding him several times a day, plus handfeeding him water. He has to go outdoors for a half hour per day to get vitamin D. He's been dragging (and grazing) the yard. He's a lot of work! I'm also still giving him his antibiotic shots. It's been going well until tonight. He's had it, he usually goes in his shell for the shot, but this time wouldn't and puffed up and looked straight at me, more crabbier than ever!
Well, that's about it for the turtle for now. I can't wait until he starts eating well again on his own! Say a little prayer for this little guy if you can. He's on no pain medicine at all. I asked if he could have some, and they said that the antibiotic shot is enough in his system for now. Imagine how we would feel if we were given nothing for pain? I can't even imagine!

Deb

o

It is raining again but Fran, and Margaret I did get your plants dug and they will go out tomorrow.

Sassy, please don't feel bad I will get yours to you when I dig for your other stuff.

Sis is feeling quite good, she said they had a hard time getting blood and she says she is quite bruised up from it.

Deb, please do post pictures of Mr. Slowski, and how did you come up with that name for him?

I need my morning coffee, I've not had a cup yet.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Good morning Annie,
Thanks again for the plants, gosh I hate you dug in the rain. Not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing...sometimes I think I will go play in the rain but then I realize how cold the raindrops are and high tail-it back inside. So glad to hear Sis is feeling better. And other ones are too.

Coffee blahic, don't like it UNLESS it has flavorings..not plain coffee...ummm choco loca mocha...that's my speed, uuummmmmm yummmy.

Deb, I am sure Mr.Slowski will recover 100% since you are babying him...I bet he is loving all the extra attention, he just don't want you to know it.
I know nothing about turtles and would never think about having one as a pet because of my lack of knowledge I admire ppl who have alternative pets.
I have to believe he isn't in that much pain because of the leg...and that's what I am going to tell you, just to try and comfort you over the lack of pain meds. I would have hated if he'd been over medicided an you lost him because of that. He needs the antibiotics more, tell yourself that and try not to think about the other.

BUT sassy, I LIKE chicken...can't I play with yours?

o

Sassy, I'm going to beat you. I can't believe you mentioned bananas with chocolate. Frozen chocolate dipped bananas on a stick was one of my favorite treats to get when we went to the fair when we were little! Now I am craving one. Cruel, cruel girl! lol!

Mariann, my DD is doing even better this morning. Her bumps have gotten smaller and is clearing in large patches. Yay! Hubby is getting annoyed with me. I keep reminding him to put on the cream to help him be comfortable. He said the creams don't make the itching stop just help in the healing. I reminded him that by healing he will be less itchy and was rewarded with a dirty look as he walked off to get the cream. Ah the joys of being a nag.

Deb, I'm glad to hear Mr. Slowski is starting to do ok. I hope he starts to eat better soon and you can stop giving the shots. I'm glad you have a kind heart and are letting the vet take care of the turtle. You're a good person.

Fran, I make my chicken and dumplings a bit different. It is pretty time consuming but our family loves it. I use a casserole dish and drop the dumpling mixture on top of the cream, chicken and vegie mixture and bake it in the oven. The dumplings turn out more like golden biscuits on the top and dumplings on the bottom. So good!

o

yummy tracy, please post your recipe for the chicken and dumplings.

Oh gosh yes, love bananas with chocolate, ans then sprinkle wih any favorite crushed nuts. I've had my coffee, but no breakfast. I'm hungry!

Ok, here are the confirmation #'s

Margaret - 0307 0020 0000 3240 0742

Fran - 0307 0020 0000 3240 0735, and I'm e-mailing you.

Fran, it was only misting when I dug the hosta, I do all my packaging on my back porch/little hot house. Now I have to explain.

First Dh put a little deck on the back, then I said wow this would be a good if it was enclosed with windows hehe.(meaning to my madness) It is not finished, no drywall so there is all kinds of places to hang things from the roof beams. Three sets of double windows, and of course treaded lumber on the floor. It has little spaces between the wood on the floor so when I make a mess all I have to do is sweep the dirt through the cracks. Anyway, it makes a great little hot house. My kitties love to go out there and climb. It isn't real big, 6 1/2 foot wide, and about 8 1/2 ft long.

Time for breakfast!
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

LOL Fran, you can play with mine anytime! Are you feeling better today?

Annie it raining here too, though I'll probably go out in a bit and pull some weeds. I hate to waste the fact that they're so much easier to pull out. Don't worry about the iris, just when you have a chance. Good news about your sis! I know some of those people don't know what they're doing when it comes to giving shots/IV's.

Deb, hoping Slowski keeps healing girl. You must have patience to no end. We just do what we have to do.

Tracy, I's sorry. Please forgive:( I won't do it again I promise
Photobucket

Later girls, gonna go pull a few weeds.

Sassy

o

Yes Tracy that is how a lot of ppl above the Mason Dixon line make Chicken and Dumplings, my BBFs hubby is from PA and he calls our SOUTHERN recipe goopy, crappy messes. lol.
He says our Homemade Chicken and Dumplings are nasty, because the way you described your recipe is how he does his too. My BBF keeps promising me the he will make me some of what you are taking about, but he hasn't yet and they have been telling me this now at least a year....lol.

I know one of the box dinners comes with what you are talking about. I have been tempted to try one of those, but I just don't like some of those and I tend to stay away from them.
Gosh, I'd like to try that recipe!

I was also the guilty party who started the whole chocolate banana thang...gosh I am SOOOOOOOOO sorry you can not eat them now, that is awful. BUT in my defence VIC posted a LONG THANG about bananas in general...it all started with Vic...She's guilty I say G-U-I-L-T-Y!!! It was her...
That's my story!!! I'm innocent...really I am! And now I want one too, AGAIN!!!

Trac, I'm sorry you can't eat them anymore....I wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't did the docs give you a clue as to how you became allergic? I KNOW they can come on anytime, I was just wondering if they gave you an idea of what triggered it. Sorry hon.
I am really glad you DD is getting lots better...just ignore the hubby, or give the look right back, you know we have to power to glare down pat...hehe

o
Rafters not Beams

I should say Rafters not Beams. Anyway I like it, and it gets really hot in there at times.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
i don't mind

Digging in the rain as long as it is not thundering, and oh yes, that is the best time to pull weeds.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Sassy, OOOOO those are all pretties! I will let you surprise me! (guess I better send my addy huh?) LOL

Tracy, sorry about the "B,s", I won't mention that word again! LOL
Glad your DD is getting better, and sorry about your stubborn DH, I think they are all like that!
I couldn't find "deer off" but I got some other stuff yesterday, used about half the bottle and sprayed everything down, then last night it rained like crazy! Had I known it would make it rain, I would have done it a long time ago! LOL

Fran, the recipes sound sooo good, I'm gonna try them both! I like the way Tracy's sounds too...

Well, my pressure cooker bit the dust! LOL I used it again yesterday and the seal is bad, I know I can get a new seal, but it's pretty old (g-sale find) and the bottom is warped a little, and the inside is starting to show a couple spots of pitting : (
Do you girls have any suggestions on which type to get??

Deb, good to hear he is improving! It must have been hard to give the vet a 2nd chance. I had a vet that I took Taz (my g-shephard) to yrs ago when I 1st got him for a puppy check, the vet acted like I was wasting his time, they were real busy that day. I didn't see him again for yrs, always used a diff. one in the office. Then Taz came down with heartworm, (he had even been on meds the yr before) It was a long grueling treatment and I ended up with that first vet, he was the greatest! I continued to use him everytime after that.

My, my, haven't we all got chatty all of a sudden! LOL

Vic

o
oops, forgot

Annie, I don't know WHAT is going on with your box! I think they checked it in and left it in a corner! I hope you get it today!
Your hot house sounds great!

Zack loves to play in the rain (when we get it!)
But he hates taking a shower or getting his head washed!

o

Vic, I'm sure it will get here, and I hope you get your package maybe today or tomorrow. Please don't hesitate to tell me if you don't get it. I will send another out and this time with delivery confirmation. Sorry DH didn't put it on at the post office. I guess he is so used to me putting them on here that he didn't pay any attention. Like I mentioned above I got more of them delivered yesterday.

Isn't it funny, if there is a mud puddle outside a child will always find it, but listen to some of them yell when they have to get cleaned up.

BTW, mine is a Mirro, pressure cooker and canner. I think I only paid around 50.00 for mine because I bought it when Shopko went out of business here. I haven't looked to see how expensive they are now.

Rain is coming down pretty good here, it is nice that we have not had to water except for the container plants.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Ok, here is the recipe for you guys. I can't be responsible for the dumplings that get added on to your various parts after eating it though! :o)

Filling:
1/4 C butter
1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts cooked and cut up
2 C Carrots Chopped
1/2 C Chopped Onion
1/2 C Frozen Peas
1/2 C Butter
2/3 C Flour
1 1/3 C Milk
4 C Chicken Stock
1 tsp Sea Salt
2 shakes of fresh ground black pepper

Cut up cooked chicken breast into large cubes. Chop carrots and onion. In a large stock pot, melt butter and add carrots and onion. Sweat them until they appear softened, remove to 9" x 13" casserole dish with cut up chicken and peas.

Place pot back on the burner. Melt 1/2 Cup butter and 2/3 Cup Flour and Cracked Pepper until a bubbly paste forms (a rue). Pour 4 Cups Chicken Broth and 1 1/3 Cups Milk into pot and cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly. Taste to see if more salt and pepper are needed. Pour sauce over chicken and vegies in the baking dish. Set aside and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Dumplings

2 C All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Double Acting Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 C Butter (cold, cut up)
3/4 C Milk
Sift Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt in a bowl. Add Cut up butter pieces. Cut with Pastry Blender or 2 knives until pea sized crumbs form. Add Milk and stir until combined. This will be a sticky dough. Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto Chicken Filling.

Place Baking Dish in preheated oven at 350 Degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until Dumplings are golden brown on top. You can tap them with your finger to see if they sound slightly hollow for doneness.

We like it so much that I took a picture of it. lol! Here it is:
Chicken and Dumplings

o
Allergies and Deer

Fran, I really don't know what triggered the allergy. I never asked to get tested after that but I do know that I had the same allergic reaction to an iv when I was induced for the delivery of my 3rd son. They thought it might be a latex allergy at first, then started asking me about food allergies and I told them about my trouble with bananas and black olives. It seems that there is some correlation between latex and bananas. I had been fasting since I came into the hospital the night before so they knew it wasn't food related. I can't remember what the nurse was telling me she found out about it but there could have been potassium in the iv too so I really am not sure what the deal was with me reacting so badly to the iv.

Vic, Isn't that the way it always goes with putting any kind of spray, fertilizer, repellent type thing on our plants?! lol! Go figure! You should see me watch the weather before I have to do it. I keep checking and double checking the reports, look at radar, watch a different channels weather report all in hopes of the stuff not getting washed away. I hope yours had a chance to dry first before the rain hit. The Deer Off is still working here. The garden hasn't been touched since I sprayed in June. We've gotten plenty of rain in the mean time too so I hope yours sticks like glue for you.

T

o

VIC, IT IS HERE, AND I OWE YOU BIG TIME! I'm going to go out and take a few pictures. I wish your package would have came today too.

Tracy, yummy, love the recipe.

Be back in a few, and oh yea, Fran and Margaret your packages are flying.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Annie, my mail doesn't come till about 2:30, so it could still get hear today.
Hope you enjoy it, and it works ok....

Tracy, I read the bottle and it said it should last 3-4 mos under normal weather conditions, didn't say anything about a down pour the day of application! I'll have to wait and see, should be easy to tell, the little buggers pull my hens and chicks out every day!

Vic

o
vic

Here are a two shots, I'm recharging my rechargeable batteries.

I did get two shots in

Here is Dragon's Eye
Dragon's Eye

Hosta A Many Splendid Thing
Photobucket

Vic, thank you so very, very, much!

LIFE IS GOOD,
Ann

o

Annie your little room sounds great to me. Not sure I would want him to fix the floors, sounds to me like they're working properly, lol. Believe me, I won't be outside when its thundering and lightening. No way. I am a big chicken when it comes to lightening.

Vic, no problem if you'd rather I choose the iris. Just wanted to give you girls some options. I got your email! Thanks

Tracy I want to reach in this screen and grab that dish!!!!
Wow, that looks good. I will certainly be trying that one very very soon. I've made one similar before but your just looks better! DH will love that one.

Annie I'm so proud for you. Those are great choices Vic. I love Dragon's Eye and I've always wanted that hosta. I love hostas so much, I have some on my back patio in pots thats the only shade I have and they have to be close up to the house. So pretty.

Hey, I wanted to run something past all of you. I'm sitting here realizing we're almost into Sept. and to tell you the truth I'm just not ready for our cookbook swap to be over with, lol, and also I need a post from any of you that have received boxes so I don't have to read pages to catch up. I'm going to try to get Tracy's box out on Monday but I don't have a problem if this swap runs over into Sept if you all don't. I love all the receipes we keep coming up with and I was thinking that will save us all from feeling like we have to start working on another swap box. What do you all think? We can still play games, and collect more receipes.

Just let me know your thoughts
Sassy

Tracy again, I's sorry bout da nanners, we all are:)
Photobucket

o

Hey, Sassy that sounds good to me if you want to extend this swap into Sept. I've got more iris for prises. That hosta, only has one eye, it is huge, and if there were more than one I would send you a start. Did you get my e-mail Missy?

I don't have to work tonight,yippee, but I do have to give meds at 8:00a.m. which will only take about 1/2 hour and then I'm off till 11p.m. saturday night.

Since I don't have to work tonight, lets do another game. What is my son's favorite fruit There are 2, so 2 answers=2 prizes. One of them will be a start of hosta "June", and the other will be a start of TB iris, "Dark Triumph".

These will be mailed out after the holiday.

LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Here is what Dark Triumph looks like

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.bearded-iris.co.uk/Dark-Triumph.html

o
And!!!!

If we do this, I have a great idea, I will put everyone's name in the pot,and have DH draw a name. Who-ever the winner is will receive a box from me that will have hosta, iris and daylily. Is that bribery enough.LOL

This will give me more time to get some more stuff for Margaret :O) :O)!

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Great Annie, I'll see what the other girls think but I don't see why this isn't a win/win for everyone. Yes dear, I got your email and I'll be working on that for you and thanks you're such a sweetheart! I'm so glad other than the meds that you don't have to work until Sat night! Whoopee! (Fran, where's ma chicken when I need one? lol)
That iris for the game is beautiful Annie but I'm going to give these other girls a chance to play. I'm hoping some of the girls that haven't been able to post will pop in, but I know how life can gets in the way.

That is a very thoughtful thing for you to do, you'll make someone really happy and I'll try to do the same, mine will also be a mixture. I'll try to be thinking up a game while we're playing yours. Its so hard it seems to think up something for me. lol (Now let me see...hummmmm where did I put your dh's phone #)

Photobucket

Sassy

o

You have my DH phone number??

Do you need my Dh phone number?

I'll e-mail you with mine, shoot me back yours and I will give you a call.

I'm confused,
Annie

o

I'm so sooooo sorry Annie, lol, it was just a joke! (so I could bribe him to pull my name) I sware to bejesus, it was a joke! I just about peeed my pants when I got your email!

Again, I'm so sorry, but yes I'll be glad to send you my phone # but please don't call for a few minutes till I can stop crying from laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey seriously
Photobucket

OMG!
Sassy

o
my little tiny hothouse

Photobucket

Here is my little back porch/makeshift little hothouse looks like it has the same size windows on all three sides. If you look you can see through it.

Makeshift hothouse

Right now here is what is in my little hothouse

Garden cart Shelby and DeAnna got me
Garden cart Shelby and DeAnna got me

Irises I've dug today that need planted/new home.

Iris I've dug to replant

That is so funny Sassy! Oh lord, get me your list!

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
I bet I was dirtier than you

Oh lord, I feel 5 lbs lighter with the dirt of me. Where the heck is everyone!

I don't have to work, I want to play,and everyone is in hiding. I don't have to go in till tomorrow night, I talked someone else into giving meds in the morning.

I'm talking to myself here.
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

P.S. nice talking to you Sassy :O) :O). FYI I told hubby if your number came up on his phone, just ignore it.......Jk of course. ;o) ;o)

o

Annie, I think everyone went out for Friday nite movies apparently, except us of course, lol.

LOL believe me, he doesn't have to worry about it!

I still get tickled everytime I think about it. lol

It does feel good to get that shower doesn't it? I got so much done today pulling weeds, just exactly what I needed to do!

Have a good night, guess we'll talk tomorrow.

Sassy

o

Sassy and Annie, you two have me giggling so hard. I think I won't need to work on my abs for a while with all the laughing I just did. Annie, I think I need your hubby's phone # too now! lol! I love your enclosed porch and the cart Shelby and DeAnna got for you. That is such a great garden tool!

I went out for a drive this evening. I did some shopping for my box for Sassy. It is so much fun finding things for other people! Gotta love it.

I have caught the hosta bug bad! I keep on ordering more and more and more! It has gotten a little ridiculous. I had to rearrange my whole shade garden to make room for the new ones, added on to the rock garden for mini hosta and heuchera. I am just addicted, plain and simple!

I really like the idea of extending this month's swap into September. Fits right in with all the craziness we have going on here. The kids started back to school on Wednesday so we had tons of school shopping and clothes shopping to get done. It's funny how quiet the house is with only my daughter home with me. She keeps asking "Where's my guys?" after she wakes up in the morning.

Annie, I will guess that Shelby's favorite fruits are Grapes and Apples. Am I right? Huh, am I?

Sassers, I hope Jerry likes the chicken and dumplings. They will surely stick to his ribs! It is one of my favorite recipes to make when I need a pick me up. Serious comfort food in that there dish! lol!

Vic, I will cross my fingers that it holds on the leaves for you! Most of those sprays dry within 20 minutes or so.

o

Hi, Ladies, Annie, your back little hot house looks great. So glad you have some time off. With all that has been going on you really need it. We have been receiving rain here, too. Have been adding to your box and excited to get the iris from you! I love the smell of them. What a delight you are with all the sharing you do. People like you make life so much fun and am grateful for meeting all you lovely ladies in this group. If it isn't convient for us to get together please don/t hesitate to say so and I will get your box out right away. I think keeping this swap into Sept. is a great idea instead of starting another one.
Finally have most of the weeds out of my flower beds and waiting to mulch heavily so I can just enjoy instead of dread looking at all the weeds that have done so well this season. I have a real problem working out when it is so hot so it has taken me longer to get the weeding done. Am planning on getting a digital camera soon so maybe will learn how to post some of the beds.
I must tell you all that last week was a wonderful one for me and DH as we got 2 new great grand babies-g granddaughter on Tues and a new great grandson on Saturday. They are so very precious and what a blessing they are to our lives. That makes us 5 now and so very thankful we are for them. Like in some of the earlier posts, how great to be a grandmother and great grandmother is so special, too, Like you say Annie, Life is good! Blessings o all and have a wonderful weekend. Margaret

o

Nope, no movies for me! LOL
It's the nicest day we've had in weeks so I was out in the yard most of it.

Going into Sept. is fine by me too, I can send next week if Beth wants, or the following, and I'm in no hurry!
But, we don't have to do a swap every month do we? If everyone is busy we could still chat and share recipes and everything else!

Sassy, they are all so pretty it's hard to choose! I like everything, and don't have any of them. I just started getting into iris, only had a few purple I brought from the last house, but I've gotten some since moving here and haven't seen any of them bloom yet.

Annie, sorry bout the batteries, I didn't think they would last long. If your rechargable ones don't last long in it ya might want to pick up some lithium ones, they last a lot longer than reg batteries.
Your porch looks great! We have a little back room here that I call the sun room, it only has a sliding glass door and no windows but it's small enough that the door keeps it very bright, we haven't used it at all this summer, it's too hot. Jamie said it stays very warm in the winter too, I'm hoping to do some winter sowing in there.

Wish I had more plants to share, I would do a game.....maybe I can come up with something! LOL

Tracy, I've only seen one rabbit all day!! Usually when I walk outside they are all over, at least 3-4 of them. And there's one of them that made himself a nice cozy little spot to lay in the middle of my bed to sunbath in! They don't even run when I go outside! But, like I said, only one today, and he didn't get too close to the flower bed! "knocking on wood"

Margaret CONGRATS!!!! That is wonderful! And yes, you need a camera so you can show them off to us!!

I had this come up today...
Chicago Apache
Chicago Apache

and this was in with them that I thought was the same thing
Photobucket

I just got this in the MNF "garden junk" swap, isn't it cute!
froggy & wheelbarrow from Marie

Ok, I've rotated it like 10 times, but photobucket keeps putting it back sideways! so just tip your head! LOL
Vic

o

Oh gosh Vic, I LOVE FROGS...that is so cool. Cute kid, lovely flower, jealous here.

LADIES, I was busy working on my Birthday Bash swap... that is why I wasn't talking...lol.
BUT YA'LL HAD ME CRACKED UP TOO...the phone misunderstanding was WAY WAY TOO FUNNY...I was taking a drink of water when I read Annie say, I'll give it too you if you need it...I KNEW what you meant right off...OH, that was SO GOOD!!!
WHO NEEDS MOVIES when there is this group?

Tracy, the dish YOU call chicken and dumplings I/WE here in the south call it Chicken Pot Pie...very close indeed to how we do that too. Umm YUMMY...

I just want all of you too know...I should NOT have joined this swap...WHY?????? You might ask??? Well, remember the OTHER thread? it was mentioned about dieting? Well, THAT IS WHY...lol.
Such good recipes have been posted...FATTENING ones mind you...The ones that pass the lips straight to the hips!!!

I since the start of warmer weather have lost so far:,b>28 lbs and I am so superstition about it I am really afraid to talk about it in fear it might just jinx me and I begin gaining it all back again...HOW DUMB IS THAT?

I wanna grandkid....I can't believe I just said that, DON"T TELL MY KIDS...they don't need any just yet, the are still babies themselves, don't tell'em I said that either.

Sassy turned in just when it started getting good...lol.

I like the room too, leave the floor...u need it that way.

fruit guess: Strawberry and the 'B' word we are not allowed to mention anymore...YEH that one tracy...sorry, it is like Vics butt, it seems to follow us...rofl

Ok, I'm done for now,

o

Hi,
My box for Mariann went out today as promised, USPS #0307 0020 0003 4317 6015.

Slowski's eating on his own FINALLY! He ate two slices of tomato! I'm so happy! This means I don't have to hold him up to his water anymore to drink, or hand feed him!

I still didn't have a chance to read through all the posts. ;(

Deb

o

Photobucket

I like frogs, sis collects frogs, and her sons nick name is Frog

Sassy you really got me on that one!

Tracy, I will have to see what I can do to give your hosta addiction
a boost.I will be dividing next month. Shelbys favorite fruit is
not apples and grapes.

Margaret, maybe you will get your iris today. Please write down the
ones Ive sent you so far. Ive got more for you in your next box or
when we get together, but I forgot to write which ones Ive sent.
Congratulations on the new g-grandbabies, how wonderful.

Fran, wow, congratulations to you on the weight loss, I need to, and
it is easier said than done, what is your secret? Nope, Shelby does
like strawberries, but that is not his favorite.

Deb, Im so happy that Mr. Slowski is eating. Post pictures
when you can., and how much longer do you have to give him shots?

Fran, I didnt mean anything about the batteries. I was so excited to
get the camera, and Im sorry I worded it like that I hope I didnt
hurt your feelings. You definitely didnt need to send any batteries.
You went out of your way to send it, and Im so grateful. Your
little guy is so cute, and how old is he? I hope you package comes
to day and!!! I see you want columbine, Ive got Blue Barlow,
and McKannas Giants, I will get them out to you after the holiday.
Photobucket

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
A Couple of Hosta

FAIR MAIDEN

Fair Maiden

SEPTEMBER SUN
September Sun

o

Margaret, Congratulations on the new Great Granddaughter and Great Grandson! That is wonderful news! I know they are blessed to be brought into your loving family.

Vic, your frog man is adorable! I love him! Looks like Zach has a new buddy! lol! Too cute! Congrats on just the one bunny being in the yard. Woo hoo! They are such cute critters but they do so much damage to the gardens.

Fran, I was laughing because when I created that recipe I stole the filling from a chicken pot pie recipe and the dumplings from another recipe and slapped them together. I love the thick creamy sauce of pot pies! Our pot pies up here have two butter crusts. Our family is too big for pot pies anymore unless I make individual ones and that is too much fussing around. The chicken and dumplings was the perfect solution to my craving them. lol!

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is amazing! I know how superstitious you must feel about it. I lost a lot of weight this summer but haven't weighed myself for fear of getting it all back. I've gone down 2 clothes sizes so that is good enough info for me to know it is happening. lol!

Annie, your hosta's are beautiful! I ordered September Sun this spring but the grower ran out of stock so I missed out on that one. Fair Maiden is beautiful! I love the swirling white margins. What a perfect name for her! You are already enabling my addiction by showing us your beauties!

OK, guessing again, peaches and pears?

o

Tracy, you have pears, now guess the other.

Going back outside,
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Tracy I am SOOO gald you understand the not mentioning it. WOW 2 sizes down...funny thing with me is, I can't really SEE it in my clothes...just on the scales and I am afraid my scales are just broken....LOL.
I KNEW that dish looked familiar...LOL I want some...I LOVE pot pie...LOVE LOVE LOVE it...
Can't I just put the chicken goop together then make bisquits and set them on top of the chicken goop...that would be the same thing right? I just take a minute to make my bisquits too. Could have it start to finish oven ready in oh...15 min. maybe?

Everyones plants are beautiful...I like DL, Hosta...Annie irises are just knock-outs... I want I want I want...all of it...LOL

Annie, I LOVE that work station...my so made me an outside station under a tree and a MOVEABLE table...I have been meaning to post pics but my batteries died and I have to lug around the BIG heavy power cord...
I Hate my camera...it is a 98 DC210 from Kodak....very outdated...BUT it still work ok so no new one just yet...:(.

I still want a grandbaby....all yah who ar getting some are so blessed indeed.

Ded glad things are looking up for you. YEAH...road to recovery...its a GOOD thing...

Guess (u didn't say if the 'B" word was a fav or not,so since it isn't ruled out I stand on that one...Its my claim IF it is correct...LOL) Blueberries and Cherries lol.

o

Fran I'm sorry, no it isn't cherries and Blueberries. So try again.

I really have out side pulling weeds, in fact I've put about 8 bushels full in the back of hubby's truck so he can take to the dump site where we can take grass clippings etc to be burned.I take a fluid pill for high blood pressure so I make many trips in the house.LOL

I've got some recipes to share later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
oh lord

Above I screwed up again, Vic, I put Fran's name where your name should be. Oh man, I better get my straiten up and fly right! I just keep digging a deeper hole for myself.

o

Heya Ladies,

Sassy, sounds great to hold over through Sept cause I am working on something that I want to add to my box to Karem.

I have been missing so am going to have to go back and read ALOT I see lol.

Vic, the froggy is very cute, Zach is adorable!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Woo hoo, I got pears! Ok, now for the other one... Is it Pineapple?

Fran, you can do whatever you like. If you look closely at most dumpling recipes they are just about the same as a biscuit recipe. You could do Bisquick biscuits or really cheat and get the canned biscuits from the grocery store. Those aren't quite as good as home made but will do in a pinch for a quick meal. Use frozen carrots instead of fresh to eliminate the sweating of the vegies step too. I've done all kinds of short cuts with this recipe. This version has the most flavor. Sometimes I use the leftover base to chicken soup. Strain the broth out over a measuring bowl and dump the pieces parts into the casserole dish. Then use the broth for the "goopy stuff" and you are halfway home. Great way to get rid of leftover soup.

o

Nope, it is not pineapple, guess again. I know you know it, I just know you do.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
I really want you to get this.

Its long known "fiber" effect on the human body is because the skin contains a substance that is responsible for it. If you peel it, it will lose this "fiber" side effect while still providing a nutritional treat

o

APPLE..thats it...aint it aint it???

LOL

o

Fran, I don't think it can be apples, it does fit the fiber bill but I guessed that one earlier and didn't get it. :o(

o
OH k...I wanted to say:

I'm sorry I just HAD to get that out...
I think it is an apple anyway. I didn't research b4 I posted but I do know if you remove the peel from apples there is not much benefit in the way of good for you stuff.

Tracy, I CHEAT a LOT...I use veg-all veggies most of the time for my veggies for a chicken pot pie, and sometimes no veggies just for a striaght chicken pie... I do love the crust on the bottom and top, my grandma used to make the chicken pies that way....gosh I miss hers. So good.
I have made them recently, but I CHEATED on those too, I got the roll out pie shells in the freezer section, pillsbury or whatever brand is cheapest and use those for the crust. Although I did go all out 2x and make my own crust for them.

I don't like canned bisquits, not usually. Sometimes if I am in a mood to be SUPER lazy I get the buttermilk bisquits, and the kids favorite, the layers kind....

Annie, we realized what you did, changed our names. Thats ok...we knew who you meant...lol. Either I am weighing heavy on your mind for some reason, OR I'm so special I have to been named twice...(KIDDING...lol)

Ok, I am through again for now...
I am fixing homemade tomato soup for supper...why? Cuz for some reason it stuck in my head that I wanted it...I DON"T even like it...
I am thinking I might just have to make me some eggdrop soup...

Somebody (and I can't remember who I can' go back and look cuz I am on the make corrections side now) asked me how I was losing the weight. I really can't tell you...I do not have a clue, the only thing I am doing different now that I had not been is eating a lot more fresh veggies, and even that hasn't worked in the past...
I have no clue, unless the diabetes that has been looming over my head for years is deciding to kick in....I really do not know what it is...
I am happy for it, but I don't want any medical issues to be the reason...

ANYWHO...I guess I am going to go check on other things around the site....

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far...

:)Fran (always the pest)

o
Another Hint

About 90 percent of the them consumed in the United States are grown in California, much of them in the San Joaquin Valley. Twelve Japanese varieties account for three-fourths of California's production. You see an abundance of them grown in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Michigan, and New York.

o

Well shoot tracy, I remember you guessing that...

Ok Kiwi...I started to post that anyway and thought nah...that ain't it either...so now that is waht I am saying...

:o Fran

o
Fruit

Ummm, I will guess Plums??? lol!

o

Tracy, you are the Winner! Yes, it is pears and plums. Although he is not a picky eater at all, will try anything, and I've always called him my taste tester.

I will get it out to you after the holiday, please send me your address.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
Good JOB

Oh...good job Tracy...
I started searching and STILL couldn't find it...plums are not something I usually eat...although I do like them. I just don't get them well, ever. LOL.

You go girl...whoopwhoop...

Annie that was tough...lol.

Fun, but tough..

:>() Fran

o

WHOOOHOO Tracy, Way to go!!!

Its very sunny and hot here (hey its S. Texas right?) Its also OFF time again.

Annie, I love your games!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

WOO HOO! I WON! I AM SO DOING THE HAPPY DANCE! THANK YOU ANNIE! YOU ARE THE BEST!

o

This is for Beverly Sills Bearded iris.

I'm thinking of a famous place. I will give you some clues in a few.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
Clue #1

Daytime temps are often in the 70's

Here is a picture of Beverly Sills

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.mobot.org/gardeninghelp/plantfinder/Plant.asp?code=D550

o

Fran, don't feel bad......I had JUST gave Zack some dried plums for that very reason and I couldn't think of it!! LOL
Talk about a DUH moment!

o

Fran-You're doing great girl!!!

Congrads Tracy!!

Annie-SanDiego, Calif. according to my DH the temps are in the 70's year round.

Deb-I'll keep an eye out for the box.

We went to Well-Sweep today and I took a few pics of the herb gardens.
Photobucket
BASILS
Photobucket
I am lost with all the posts. Trina did anyone guess your DH's first name?
Mariann

o

Thanks Mariann, Trina, and Fran!

Mariann, Well-Sweep is beautiful! I love that knot garden in the top photo. I was telling my hubby and some friends about those gardens a few weeks ago. I am aspiring to design one some day and lay it out in the center of the yard. That one is striking with the different colored hedges.

o

LOL nopers not yet Mariann but thats on the Birthday Bash swap lol

o

wow.. so much catching up to do! I missed you guys! Hated that I had to leave the swap in the early days, but happy to hear that it is staying going just for the sake of recipes and just plain ol' yapping :) I've had some good laughs tonite just reading over the posts :)

Sassy just wanted to say I'm so glad your DH is doing ok.. wow that must've been so scary!

Thanks to all that left posts or sent emails about my mom's passing.. it has been a real rollercoaster of emotions and I'm guessing it gets harder before it gets easier.. I almost p/u the phone yesterday to call & tell her something.. anywho.. don't wanna turn this into a downer, I just wanted to say thanks so much to all that had kind words of encouragement, it really meant alot to me!

Annie can I guess on the place? I'm gonna say Beverly Hills.. :)

I have so many recipes to catch up on! yumm :)

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy / sassybutterfly_2008

o
Clue #2

It has 2,219,791 acres mostly in Wyoming, but also including a strip of Montana and Idaho

Wendy, sorry no it is not Beverly Hills. I'm on my way to work but will check tomorrow where I'm staying at to see if anyone guessed it. I can play games from where I am staying.

I've never heard of Well-Sweep Mariann, it is beautiful.

I'm wondering if anyone received their packages yet?

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
hmm next guess...

oh! I know I know! It's Yellowstone National Park!

(right?) lol

Hugs everyone,
Wendy

o

Wendy, so nice to hear from you!! And NO you are not bringing us down! We are all here for each other in times of need, weather it is to vent, cry, laugh, or whatever else life throws at us!
I hope things start getting easier, I'm sure it will take some time. You take care, and feel free to come "talk" with us anytime!

Annie, I didn't take any offense to the battery thing! It never even crossed my mind that it sounded like you were upset about it, I was surprised they still worked at all! LOL. That is sweet of you to send the columbines! You really don't have to do that, although, I won't try too hard to talk you out of it! : )
Yep, Clue #2 gave it away fast LOL
No package yet, must be for monday, good thing it's iris, I'm sure they will be fine.

Mariann, love the pics! and the ones on the other thread!

Vic

o

Mariann, I LOVE those pics of Well Sweep...I wanna go!!!
Kind of hard doing that from NC though huh?

OH WENDY I am SO glad to see you post again...I have wanted to email you, but I just wanted to give you time and space and let you get back into the swing of things when you felt you were ready. (((HUGS TO YOU)))) I wish I could help make it all better...

tracy way to brag..LOL.. ur happy dance is SO like annoying and all...HEHEHE(love yah)

Vic...I KNOW...DUH!!! PLUMS WHO would've thunk it?

o

Trina-DUH....See what happens when I become involved in to many things.LOL

o

Vic, I'm sorry you didn't get the iris. Not only did DH not send them priority, he didn't put a confirmation# on it. But be sure if you do not get it I will send another. I'm glad they are iris, if if were plants, and a hot as it is I'm afraid of the condition. AGain my apologies.

Wendy, I was in a hurry to get out the door last night that I forgot to give you my codolences. I know how hard it is, and I know you have heard this before, but it does get easier. I remembr when I lost my dad we was devastaed but we still had mom, then after mom passed It was like we were a bunch of orphans. Send me your address and I will get it to you, but not until after the holiday.

I'm glad I've got a computer to use where I'm staying, so I can play another game for another Beverely Sills. I will think of another game before I head for bed. I think I know what I'm going to play, but I have to check it out first.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o
I loved this commercial when I was little,

Who was the little character, HINT#1 I fizz

o

yayy!! THANKYOU Annie!! woo-hoo!

:)

o

Wendy, Congratulations on winning the game! What a smarty you are! I am so glad to see you posting. I remember when my Mom lost her Mom. She must have reached for the phone to call her a thousand times. They were very close and did many things together each week and spoke on the phone often. She still misses her and it has been nearly 28 years. I do love when she shares stories of her. It brings memories back for her and helps me to know my grandmother better since I was so young when she passed.

Fran, what? You don't like Laurel and Hardy? What is wrong with you? Sheesh! Sorry if I was over exuberant, just a happy girl here. See? I've calmed down a little now. lol!

We had a pretty big rain storm today. We really needed it. Our lawn is bone dry and I have been trying not to watering too much because we run on a well here. I do my containers with grey water much of the time but the big beds were starting to suffer. We could use quite a lot more days like today to help us catch up.

Sassy, how are things with you? I hope the patients are behaving themselves and starting to take care of you now. How is that little smoocher doing? Give Kenzie a big hug for me!

Annie, How nice that you have a computer while you work. I am guessing alka seltzer? lol!

Tracy

o

Tracy, yep, I liked the little alka seltzer man. I will send your iris when I send your other plants.

I don't have internet access at work. I have it where I'm staying during the week to help To cut down on gas cost.

I will have to think of a harder game, I'm goig to lay back down for a while. 11p.m will come fast.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Thankyou Tracy *hugs*, everyone's been so kind on GW, there's really aLOT of wonderful people here!

Wow, we just had the equivalent of a flash flood today I think! I had huge puddles all over my yard.... we needed it tho I guess!

ok girls, my 11yr old daughter just *decided* to become a vegetarian.. she tells me this on Friday mind you, over a plate of sesame seed chicken, so I say ok, well, you won't be wanting to eat THIS then! she was like wait mom! I don't wanna start til Monday! hehe Anywho.. any veggie recipes or full-fledged vegetarian recipes would be greatly appreciated. I tried allrecipes.com tonight, got some, but not alot. She's gonna *try* it for a week.. we'll see! :P

Hugs all,
Wendy

o

Annie, no worries about the iris! I even told Sassy to just send hers 1st class in a bubble envie, it is actually easier for me if it's in a package that will fit in the mailbox, that way I don't have to worry about being home to meet the mail lady...

Wendy, Vegetarian huh? Hmmm....you could start cooking all her favorite meats! LOL
Try recipezaar.com they have tons of stuff, and even a place where you can "sift" out (or in) the stuff you want. Hope this helps.

Vic

o
need a giggle?

Ever just have one of "those" days? Imagine finding this next time you eat out at the local Chinese restaurant...

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o

Don't worry Wendy, she will start craving meat IF you fix it a lot.
The vegetarian thing usually doesn't last too long for absolute meat eaters...

Tracy I LOVE Laurel and Hardy, the little happy dance was too much...HAHAHA DANG GIRL,,,yous good at the guessing thang, I just couldn't figure that one out...didn't KNOW
there even was a little little alka seltzer man... I was totally lost on that one....lol.

GOOD GRIEF you should see the annoying little thing DAN put on another thread...it is REALLY annoying...lol.
The good thing is that one is about to hit 150 so that will be good...lol.

Annie have a good night.

o

Boy am I really missing Michigan now! I was wanting to do some canning and jams this year. We went to the Farmers Market Sat. and a case of peaches was $36.00!! Is it just here or has produce went up like that everywhere?!? I think last time I bout them they were about $16/cs. *sigh*

Guess I'll start checking on prickly pear and burdock recipes.......

Night all,
Vic

o

What?! I won? How'd that happen? I just took a wild guess when Plop Plop Fizz Fizz popped into my head at the clue! lol! Thank you again Annie! You are a sweetheart!

Well, I think I will post a game now for all of you girls and give Annie a chance to win something for a change!

Question: What is my absolutely favorite kitchen tool to use? Hint #1: It is Japanese and has a special name.

o

a wok?...lol
fran

o

oh goody!

umm.. Ginsu knives?? LOL couldn't resist.. :P
uhh.. a mandolin slicer thingie? is that Japanese? lol
hmm.. maybe a mortar and pestle? dunno if that's Japanese either.. but making some wild guesses here :)

Hugs,
Wendy

o

Heh heh, nope not a wok, not a mandolin, not a ginsu, not a mortar and pestle... Keep guessing!

Think I should mention what you will win? LOL! It will be for a division of Caramel Heuchera

o
lookie loo

Here is a link to see what it looks like.

Here is a link that might be useful: Caramel Heuchera at Garden Crossings

o

*drooling....

is a whisk Japanese?? LOL
rice cooker??
umm.. bamboo steamer?
teapot? grater? skewers? metal strainer?

If it's chopsticks, I'm gonna smack myself..lol

Seriously can you tell how bad I wanna win this? LOL
Hugs,
Wendy

o

Me too Wendy, I have wanted one of these forever.
Gosh tracy, that was a mouthful wasn't it? on the not a this and that....lol.
Guess: is it one of the balanced knives? Oh gee what it the name of those? Master Chefs use them for everything...ohh Santoku Knife

Is that it? Is it? Oh I HOPE I am so right...hehehe

o

I use my rice cooker all the time (so that would of been my first guess) second guess would be Kushi/Skewers! I LOVE using them on the grill with meats/veggies.

Deb

o

Deb-I received your box today. I love everything! Thanks so much.
Deb sent me 4 magazines, The Recipes Of Madison County cook book and The Edible Herb Garden Book. Also AV leaves (Yeah!), a pot holder, silicone basting bushes and a double ended silicone spatula. Not to mention lots of stickers for food gifts, recipes and a cute sponge dish. The sponge dish will come in handy. Maybe I can keep my DH from throwing it in the sink.LOL I really appreciate everything you sent!
Hugs,
Mariann

P.S. Annie the Irises arrived today. What a great way to package them. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

o

Wendy, nope none of those!

Deb, nope not kushi skewers, although those things are awesome! I use the bamboo skewers and soak them in water when using them on the grill.

Fran, YOU GUESSED IT! Yes, a Santoku Knife is my very favorite tool to use in the kitchen! Congratulations! Zip me an email and I will send you your Caramel Heuchera.

Mariann, what a wonderful box Deb sent you! All of those goodies sound awesome.

o

Hmmm....not much left to guess LOL
how about a ZARU?

o
New Game tomorrow night

Sorry Vic, I guess we were posting together. I will post another game tomorrow evening! It will be for a different kind of heuchera or heucherella.

o

argghhh! lol NEVER heard of that knife! ah well, congrats Fran!! *makes note to get Fran's addr so I can sneak over and make a cutting.. hehehohohahahaha :P jk of course!

So nvm on the vegetarian recipe requests, not that they were pouring in anyways lol All it took to end my girl's Vegetarian days was the smell of pepperoni pizza, from the school cafeteria no less! LOL lil stinker! She came home, I said so how was your chef salad today? and she comes and hides her face in my hug and starts gigglin'.. I knew right then she had folded already! lol Wonder what she'll come up with next? :)

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o
Vegie tales

Wendy, I completely forgot about your vegie recipes request. So sorry! I am glad that crisis is averted though. I told my kids if they turn vegan on me then they have to learn how to cook. I refuse to be a short order cook in my own home. I cook a meal and they eat it, the end! lol! The only vegetable main dish that everyone here likes is vegie lasagna. I use spinach and mix it in with the ricotta cheese mixture. You can do an alfredo sauce or a red sauce in the layers. It's pretty good.

o

Oh yey...I won, I won, I won...go me...gosh..that one took a little brain power..lol THANKS TRACY...

Wendy honey, I will share some with you. Again I am glad to see you posting. I still have your stuff you wanted for our trade. If you are up to it email me. Hey, didn't I tell you that phase doesn't usually last long...lol, hers was shorter than I thought though...LOL.

Annie, I got my presents today...THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Thanks tracy

o

Yep Tracy, I think I was searching "japanese kitchen tools" while you were posting, the Zaru is the only thing I found that wasn't already guessed! LOL

Wendy, that's too funny! At least ya didn't stock up on tofu before she changed her mind, ya didn't did ya??

Vic

o

lol no Tracy, I had planned on going to buy tofu tomorrow (thank goodness!!!) But I was willing to support her if she really felt this was important. Guess it was a passing phase..lol

Fran I am so behind on my emails right now it's unreal! I hope to start going thru my email box by tomorrow afternoon/eve, so I should be mailing you on that no later than end of week! I appreciate your patience!

Vic that's exactly what I was googling too! lol But I was going w/ the layman's terms.. who knew she had such a fru-fru fancy schmancy knife! hehe lol :P

I made Shrimp Scampi, steamed squash/zucchini and garlic bread for dinner... no vampires around here tonight that's fo' sho'!

Hugs ya'll,
Wendy

o

AWWW PHHHHFFTTT I didn't even get a chance to guess dangie!!! Not that I would have gotten it anyways lol.

Congrats Fran.

Congrats to you also Wendy and also for your daughter not becomining a vegan. (if there needs to be congrats on that lol who knows). I most definately couldn't be one as long as there were still cows roaming the earth! lol

Well had to finally go see the pool man with a sample of our pool water. lmao for the next 48 hours going to be shocking and brushing the pool WHOOHOO FUN FUN but then in 3 days Imma swimming!!!! Come to find out lmao I ain't the only one in this house that has brunette moments!!! Fox had the pump on something other than filter so the water wasn't going through the sand filter lol hmmm can't say a word though cause he was nice enough to hook the thing up for me eh?? yeah right lmao I aint that quiet!

skeeters have taken to breeding in the trays I didn't put up after I winter sowed here, learned that this afternoon too lol. So looks like I will be really busy doing clean up outback tomorrow. Lovely Lovely Lovely lol

Alan cooked supper tonight (ok ya'll get over the shock) he cooked mac and cheese, venison sausage, and is now cooking venison tenderloin chicken fried steak style (the way I make it). I hate the smell of boiled sausage though YUCK. He is also making broc./cauliflower and cheese. WOW eh? He is cooking for a couple of his friends lol so he is impressing I guess.

Gonna have to pay better attention so I can start guessing on games again lol.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Good Grief!! I have to leave a couple of days and I have book to read! WOWOWW!

Ok, I'm gone to read now:)

Sassy

o

Ah, are you making fun of my oh so cool fru-fru fancy schmancy knife? Huh, are ya? LOL! I love this thing, it is the best knife for most chopping jobs. I kind of have a bit of a knife collection going here. I have all kinds of big ones, little ones, serrated ones, etc. Last year I got myself a really nice 10" chef knife and honing blade. Next up will be some ceramic knives. Those are awesome to use. I took a cullinary class a few years ago and got to use some of them. Just amazing at how a good knife is compared to what we are used to using.

o

Hi, All- What a time we are having here. Yesterday was so awful with losing my wonderful little Buffy (a precious Peke). I left him tied out as he liked the outdoors so well and my DH didn't see him-you can guess the rest. Yesterday and today we both have shed many many tears. He was such a gentle, sweet little guy and so delightful to be with. Such a blessing to our lives. It will be so hard without him and take us a long time to
adjust without him.
Today we start a new life without him and it helped when I received such wonderful iris from Annie. What a great job of wrapping them, Annie and I thank you so much!! Here is the list of them I received:
Annabelle Babson
Alice Goodman
Champagne Elegance (I found a picture on GW Hortiplex & it is gorgeous)
Dauntless
Mulled Wine
Spartan
Stop the Music
Time Traveler
Believe me, Annie, these made my day. Thanks so much. I can't hardly wait until I get them in the ground and how wonderful it's going to be next year. If I don't post for a few days I know you will all understand. Blessings Margaret

o

*looks at my dollarstore/wal-mart knife stash.. and walks away in SHAME!!! :P I do have some kick-a** swords to brag about, for some reason I collect them from every Renaissance festival we attend. I have nowhere to put them.. I just .. collect them! They don't cut food tho, sadly. Guess I should put my $$ into some fru fru kitchen knives finally instead of pretending to be a warrior princess! (seriously .. I never do that! ) shush Tracy..

oh Margaret you poor thing! *hugss* I'm glad you at least had such a lovely box to open up and bring SOME cheer to your day! *more hugss*

~Wendy

o

ok made me go get my Mom's knives out lol but nopers they are Samurai Cutlery. Never used them hmmm don't know why even, the set contains a (Bread Knife) Straight ; a Carving Knife; Carving Fork; and six steak knives. Nothing as fancy pancy as yours Ducky though. lol Wendy these are called "Samurai Sword Cutlery" lol reminded me when you said that.

Sheesh I don't do enough cutting but I sure can throw them!!!

lol j/k
Trina

o

Margaret, I'm so sorry to hear you lost your little guy! I know how devastating it can be. "HUGS"

Warrior Princess, I'm right there with ya girl! Umm, with the dollar store knives, not the warrior princess stuff LOL

Vic

o

*stands all alone and lonely in the corner in my warrior princess costume....

ANYONE else? ...

*giggle giggle snort!
~W

o

Margaret, I am so sorry that you lost your friend yesterday. I will pray that your hearts will heal and a smile is quick to return to your faces.

Wendy, I have a picture in my mind of you dressing up as Xena, Warrior Princess! OMGoodness! Do you have the leather and brass bustier thingy in your closet along with your swords? ROFL!

o

OMG ROFLMBO!!
I thought I was the only one that had that pic in my head!

o

ROFLOL

so that's where underwire came from!

yea yea just switch her to blonde hair, green eyes

yea and my sword's bigger dangit!

blonde jokes next right? *sighhh :P

lol gnite u nuts,
~Wendy

o

Tracy, is she calling US the nuts?!? I don't have a Warrior Princess costume, do you??? "snickering"

o

Margaret-I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My brother lost his pet last year. He was heartbroken.

Wendy-And on what special evenings do you wear that costume??? Do you play Dungeons ad Dragons too? That photo looks like my DD's persona when she games.LOL
Fran-Congrats on winning!
Mariann

o

lol heck if I could fit INto that costume I would probably own it! lol maybe after my diet .... :P

we're ALL nuts and I for one, am proud of it! :)

It's icky and overcast and really rainy.. and what really sucks is that my son has a drs appt at 9am.... and the driver's side window on my van doesn't roll up. Can u possibly imagine how 'thrilled' I am at this moment!?! arghhh.....

Hugs everyone!
~Wendy

o

LOL, Wendy, yeah, that must be where the underwire comes from. Can you imagine that stuff digging into your ribs?

Who'd a thought our own little Sassybutterfly likes to hack away with big knives?
Photobucket

o

Hey Everyone, just wanted to let ya know I got an email from Annie this morning, she can't get on GW for some reason : (

Beth, I've been looking for something to put in your box, and of course I can't find it anywhere! Grrrr

Vic

o
I AM the WARRIOR....

Hey, I LIKE the warrior princess, what's wrong with that image? WOMEN, STRONG, BEAUTIFUL, can survive hardship, and KICK your A8$! BEWARE THE BIG SWORD.

WOMAN HEAR US ROAR..UHHHH!ERR!!!

Ok, I done...

I would own it too Wendy IF muh fanny would fit....ROFLMAO!

You better believe it, when I was a little girl, Isis was a super hero, guess who I pretend played to be?

Here is a link that might be useful: I AM THE WARRIOR Pat Benatar

o

ROFL!!! Y'all are too too too much!!! I've been laughing at all the "warrior princess" stuff so much, my ribs hurt! I've just got one question though, why not Wonder Woman? Man, when that show was on, I watched it every week! And it wasn't because of that invisible plane, either! LMAO!!!

Now, on a more serious note, Wendy, you go ahead and wear that costume ANYTIME you want! (grin)

o

*gigglin' and walkin away before I type somethin' to keep this Warrior Princess stuff goin'.... rof ... lol.... lmbo.... hehehehehehehe

~Wendy
aka Warrior Princess *assumes bad-a$$ stance...

o

HAH!! I got your picture while you were doing your "bad-a$$ stance"

o
rrrowwrrrr.......

Vic ~ wow... that really DOES look JUST like me when I stand in that weird/odd position!

lol

I wish! :D

~butterflywarriorwomanwannabe

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here