Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klickitat_gw

garden decorating rr - autumn colors swap!!!

klickitat
16 years ago

Ok, girls! The next in the series of garden decorating swaps is this one. It's all about Autumn colors. The only rules for the game this month is to include items and/or plant items that reflect the color of Autumn. Golds, reds, oranges, yellows... you name it. Sign up here for the September swap!!!

Upcoming swaps:

October- Bulb/tuber swap~ Hostess-Jackie

November- Hostess-Susan

December- Christmas Swap/"Secret Santa"- Hostess-Deb

Comments (96)

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Letha's package arrived on Saturday! I would of posted sooner, but didn't have a chance. Our village had a garage sale (1/2 the town this week, the other 1/2 next week). I went to so many sales- that I wore myself out, and went to bed early!

Letha packed such a wonderful, festive package, I'm so impressed! Every item was wrapped and embellished with raffia!
    In the package was..

Seeds- Nasturtium "Jewel mix" will definately try these in the spring, I love the colors!
    Morning glory "Sunrise Serenade" this one is beautiful (and red), I can't wait to try it next spring!
    Zinnia- orange with deep orange center
    Marigold- orange (will go around my mail box next spring) I always use Marigolds, they are so pretty and can take a little neglect and still look good!
    Also included was-
    Caress body wash, nail brush, scrubby (caress is my favorite, how did you know? LOL!)
    Sunflower plant stake- this is so cute, I love sunflowers (and the colors), I have it already in an ivy plant on my kitchen windowsill.

Cherub plant stake- love Cherubs too! I have this in my moon garden by a rock that has climbing 'wooly' sage growing on it. It looks adorable!

Letha made me a natural corn heating pad! With a "Fall" themed sewn cover! Letha tell me more about this! Is it reusable? Can it go from the freezer to the microwave? Letha said that the pad produces warm, moist heat. I can't wait to try this! My kids are always using a freezer pad when they get bumps/scrapes. And my Husband is always asking for the heating pad for his knees, back (he's a carpenter and hangs off ladders, balances on beems, etc).

Letha also included oven pads, kitchen towel in the most gorgeous "Fall" colors!

Daffs "Tahiti", Scarlet Royal!

Iris- purple/rust (sounds so pretty), Iris GOLD!

Letha, Thank you soooooo much for the great box! I absolutely LOVE everything you sent/picked out for me! I almost forgot to include the bakery (red) candle! It smells yummy!

Deb

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hiya April, Your box of Fall is on the way! I hope they don't drop it! DC# 01038555749043189013.

Wishing you a "Speedy Delivery!"

Tracyvine!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

OMG Tracy!!!LOL! Thanks I'll be on the look out.
    SueG your package is traveling too. Confirmation # is
    0306 0320 0004 5120 0570
    Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• galium
    16 years ago

Paula,
    Your Autumn box is on it's way.

DC# 0103 8555 7491 3627 2965

Mariann

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

quick update
    My husband and I married in 93. his mom passed in 97 from diabetes complications after being severely sick for about a yr. I take his dad to dr appointments and other things that he needs done. Last may he had heart problems - his ejection fraction was less than 10% - i am amazed his heart was still going at all. ( i started nursing classes in 1996 but quit but remember most all i had learned). To put it plainly - if his heart had stopped he would have been dead before he hit the ground and would have been to late by the time EMTs could get to him with defib machine. We had a defibrillator implanted with pacemaker capabilities. I stay at the hospital when pop is in there. I go over whoevers head i need to for special clearance to stay in ICU or PICU . After that he got bloodclots in his leg and 3 in his lungs.
    NOW Saturday night his defib started shocking him.
    My sister in law ( his oldest sons wife) came to get me telling me what happened. It kept shocking him all the way to the ER. We caught the ambulance so when they opened the back doors to get him out I was standing waiting. He was yelling and jerking due to it still shocking him. He said there you are. I said yes pop i am here. We get him in and hooked up to EKG. They have to monitor it to see whats wrong BEFORE they can put the magnet on to stop the shocking. Then they put the magnet on to stop but it is still shocking. They had it in wrong place. So then we wait on the Defib Tech to come from Asheville NC to Spartanburg SC. (Spartanburg has a heart center). He ran tests and stopped the shocking. It was reading his heart beat double. so when his pulse was 80 - it was reading it as 160 nad thought he was having a heartattack.
    Got to go home.
    I stayed at his house sat and sun night.
    we went to his cardiologist yesterday, He is going for more surgery at 2;00 this afternoon.
    We do not know anything yet other than they are going to replace one of the leads.

Diene = box was here when I came in last night. TY for the great plants and seeds. I went out and planted them in the dark! lol

Tracy - got your email. will probably be next week before I get your box out.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Kim, So sorry to hear about your father in law. He is in our prayers.

Tracy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Kim, you & your family are in our thoughts.

Tracy,I got my fall goodie box today. Thanks so much!
    Inside ladies I got:
    ~yellow asiatic lily
    ~orange asiatic lily
    ~really cool metal pumpkin scarecrow door decoration that lights up(batteries were included)
    ~ceramic pumpkin pillar candle holder
    ~ yummy apple cinnamon candle
    Thanks again! Now I'm off in search of a lighter for my candle.My house seems to eat them!Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I hope you enjoy everything! Happy Autumn!
    Tracy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Kim,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Father in Law! I hope he's doing better... please keep us posted! Your Family is in my thoughts & Prayers!

My box went out Monday. USPS #0307 0020 0004 7458 0453.

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Ooopps, my box went out on Tuesday, not Monday.

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Deb,I so happy you like the box.It was alot of fun making it.The corn heating pad should last you for years.Just heat in microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 min.You can even leave the cover on it.The heat lasts for a quiet awhile.Makes your house smell kinda like popcorn too.It's nice to heat it and take it to bed to warm your feet.You can use it for a cool pack also.Just put it in the freezer 1-2hrs or so.I am going to make more for Christmas gifts. My marigolds are out by the street and they look so good there.I've got them planted in bunches every foot or so.The color just pops out at ya.Especially this time of year when we decorate for the fall.I'm sorry I don't know the names of the iris.My family just trades them around from one to the next as they multiply.Or if we find some that have been discarded we pick them up.My mom and I found several that way.I really enjoyed shopping for the other things too.Well,I better call it a night.My little boy is sick and he wants to go to bed. Happy Gardening!!! Letha

• galium
    16 years ago

I received my autumn colors box from Deb yesterday.

She sent me Tulip bulbs, salt and pepper shakers (one is shaped like a pumpkin and the other is an acorn)and a fall leaf garland (think I'll put that on my lamp post.) There was an adorable candle in a bucket (I think Deb made this), a cross stitch cat and a tulip tea light candle holder.

Thank you for everything Deb your box brightened up my day.
    Mariann

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

So sorry I haven't posted before now.

I received the greatest box from April!!

A scarecrow garden stake (I got one almost like it for my trading buddy!)

chickasaw sue Iris
    superstition Iris
    Color Tart Iris
    El Desperado D.L.!!! (oh my gosh how I wanted this!!!)
    Tulips
    Beautiful pair of red mugs with pks of Spiced Cider
    Muller Cider Candle - perfect scent for Fall!!!

Everything arrived in great shape and I simply adore it all - thanks so much!!!

Sue G.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hello, I am just checking in to see all of the new goodies that everyone has received and all of them look so great! Sue, the tart iris sounds very interesting and the spiced cider sounds yummy! Fall is in the air, 57 degrees and feeling the chill! Pulled out the sweaters this week!

Have a great day everyone!
    Tracyvine

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Good Day everyone!! Well back at work today for me.. Went on vacation Sept 1. It was a very busy time. Hubby and I had decided that instead of going anyplace this year we would build me that greenhouse I have been wanting. It started out to be just a small one, but by the time the foundation actually got started we decided to build 10x20. So needless to say I have been to busy to be on computer.

**I received my package from Mariann on the 12th. It was filled with wonderful items..
    fall garden wreath (handmade by her)
    pretty green earingw (also handmade)
    yellow/orange candle. pink grapefruit sent (handmade by her daughter)
    book on bulbs
    4 packages of seeds
    orange garden gloves
    bulbs ( Mariann what kind are they?)
    gardeners hand lotion
    bath and body lotion

*** Thank's for the great Autumn package!!

Paula

{{gwi:1296756}}

• galium
    16 years ago

Paula,
    The bulbs are 'Tahiti' Daffodils from Blooming Bulbs. It should be written on the package. I'm glad you liked what I sent.
    Mariann

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Diene,
    Sent your package off today. DC # 03063030000089508377.

Paula

• sguanzon
    16 years ago

I forgot to post that I sent Letha's box out on 9/15 DC# 0307 0020 0000 7110 0900 and website shows it was delivered on Monday. Hope everything was ok...........

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Hi sguanzon!Got the package.I really liked it! My hubby didn't give it to me until this morning. My box included: a potted rosemary plant,garden print tool bag with 5 garden tools,sand and sable perfume,copper plant markers with pen, candycane mix tulips,Jiffy mini-greenhouse,Jobes fertlizer stakes,8 peat seed starter pellets,and a thistle sock for goldfinches! I've already got the thistle hanging on my cherry tree. Thank you..thank you..thank you!!!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Klickitat, I emailed you a few days ago, everything ok?

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tracy... I got your email and finally managed to respond today. I've been busy with personal issues. Thanks for hanging in there. :)

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Everyone;
    I arrived home tonight from a 500+ mile drive in a silly little car. Boy is that hard. Anyway there was a box waiting for me which had me nervous at first but it just had some great stuff and narcissis bulbs. I am attaching a picture of the stuff.

Thanks so much Paya10shun!! These will be wonderful to decorate for fall. Hope everyone is well. I will be back to visit when I am not so exhausted. diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Thank you Klick! I really appreciate it. I am sending good wishes your way!

Tracy

• diene
    16 years ago

Okay;
    It is morning I am with it (kind of) so here is a better description of my gifts than "stuff". I have a beautiful fleece throw in fall colors for those cool nights in front of the computer or TV. With the price of oil this will be very valuable. Next a fall design oven mitt and dishtowel. I love these things but am always to cheap to buy them for myself. Some really ornate candles with fall designs as well as a quilted pumpkin for decoration.
    Thank you Paula for the wonderful box. diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Diene,

All of those goodies sound so nice. One of my favorite things to do in the winter time around here is to curl up in front of the fire with my throw blanket and read a good mystery!

Kim, I sent you an email this morning. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Tracy

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Diene,

I am so glad that you enjoy your box of Autumn Colors.. I am with you there... They are all things I also would love but never seem to purchase for myself !!! I did however buy 2 of the 08 Almanac's.. So curl up in your blankie and enjoy dreaming of perfect planting times next year... Enjoy...

Paula

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Morning, ladies. Sorry for my lack of participation in this thread. I've been a little down on swaps lately and wanted to let you all have fun posting the goodies you received. It's just been a bad year for RR exchanges for me I guess.

I'll post an update later on of who has received their boxes and who hasn't. We have a missing partner here whom I've seen posting on the boards and have contacted. Hopefully, she just forgot about this exchange (as I've done, myself, in the past!) and will be able to send her package out.

I have to say that so far all the boxes have been filled with some really nice items! Good work!!!

{{gwi:1296766}}
    {{gwi:1296767}}

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning Klick;
    I am with you on the Round Robin issues. Most people are wonderful but it is frustrating when people sign up and do not send or post receipt of a box and nothing further. We all go to alot of trouble packing a box and anxiously await the response of the recipient.
    That is part of the whole idea. I am usually very excited about one thing in the box and it is great when the recipient specifically mentions that. Which reminds me, I found a beautiful wall plaque with autumn leaves and acorns that was in my box and not in the picture or mentioned. It is now hanging in my hallway. Thanks again Paula.
    Having said all that, I try to remember the great swaps I have had and not dwell on the bad ones. I hope the missing person returns and makes good on their commitment. We all have trials in our lives but if you have time to read and post on the site, you have time to put together a box for your partner.
    Hope everyone has a great week. diene

• paya10shn
    16 years ago

Diene,
    Thank you again... This was just my second RR and have enjoyed giving and receiving so much... I forgot all about the acorn plaque that I sent, it was really cute. Thanks for reminding me!

Paula

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diene... you have a box on the way. :)

As for our missing member... she responded to my email, and has promised to get her things together for shipping. I thought she might post here today, but nothing so far.

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Klick;
    Why do I have a box on the way? I received a great box from Paula. I think the person missing a box is tracyvine. If anyone should be getting a box it should be tracyvine!!
    Thanks for the thought. diene

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Your hydrangeas, diene! They're in transit. Check your email. :) Be sure to open them right away because the box is lined in plastic bags to prevent any water from leaking out. I'd hate to see them go bad.

Ok, here's the deal so far...

dirt under my nails sends to sguanzon - RECEIVED
    sguanzon sends to letha1971 - RECEIVED
    letha1971 sends to debbya - RECEIVED
    debbya sends to galium - RECEIVED
    galium sends to paya10shn - RECEIVED
    paya10shn sends to diene - RECEIVED
    diene sends to lil green thumb - RECEIVED/not posted
    lil green thumb sends to tracyvine - NOT YET MAILED
    tracyvine sends to dirt under my nails - RECEIVED

{{gwi:1296769}}

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I am embarassed to say that I just found a copy of the 2008 Farmer's Almanac on my kitchen counter. We had a great time looking at it and put it in the reading room (bathroom). We wondered where it came from. I am now figuring out that was also in my box from Paula since she mentions she bought two of them.
    I apologize profusely and I am really becoming concerned about whether the elevator is still making it to the top floor.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Mea culpa diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Diene, I am sure your elevator is making it all the way to the top! Gave me a nice chuckle for the first time in a while since I've been checking this thread! Thank you!

Tracy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Diene,
    I sent a Farmer's Almanac to someone, but can't remember who! So, don't feel bad! LOL!

Deb

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ladies... once I wake up enough to clear my head I'll post an update on our exchange. I work night shift, and sometimes it takes a little extra to wake up during the day.

Until then, thanks for a wonderful overall experience!

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, ladies. Our swap comes to its official end. One person here got the bad end of the deal. I know lil_green_thumb from other swaps, and am surprised she hasn't come through here with us. However, it's no secret that she dissed others in exchanges posted here.

But, aside from that... all is final. We are at the end of the month. Thank you for a pleasant experience. I was down on RR exchanges at the start of this month. Seeing the positive attitudes of all here makes me know that they aren't all bad. I'm back in the game with another group. :)

Enjoy all your swap items! See you all on the forums!!!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I need Tracyvine's address, a package will be mailed early this week! I'm working on it today, and finishing it up tomorrow!

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Deb;
    You have mail. diene

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Jules. first i have had family illness for over a month now with my father in law - as mentioned on OBF forums. the afternoon i emailed you he was rushed back to ER by ambulance. He has fluid around his heart and lungs.
    DH is at the hospital with him tonight so i could come home and take care of the bills and my gardening responsibilites to you all.

Second. I cannot believe you said i have dissed ANYONE on any of these boards. I have NEVER said a bad thing about ANY trader on GW. Even though I have traded with slackers you will not find where I put them on the rant and rave board or on any other forum. I take my lumps like everyone else in trades. If it is no secret please email me the links where I have posted. Believe me I will go to iVillage and have someones account closed for impersonating me. If it was my name I would love to see those posts.

I have traded with you once or twice on OBF and I have NEVER been late with a box here or on OBF until the past 2 months when my father in law had to have heart surgery.

I am sorry this inconvienced anyone. It has been rough on our family as well. He only has a 6th grade education and will be 70 in december if he makes it that long. Someone has to take care of him. He has been a widower since 1997. It has been my responsibility to make sure things are taken care of. Among raising my own child and running two households I have always found time for gardening and my gardening friends.

now the box is ready to be dropped off in the AM on my way back to the hospital in the AM.

Like I said on the OBF board I will be sitting out of swaps a few months. It is just not fair for me to be late with a box two months in a row.
    I have NEVER failed ot hold up my end of a trade. I absolutely ABHOR lateness on my part. I was not raised that way. But sometimes even with the best intentions Life does interfere with plans.

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

In rebuttal, I have sent to lil_green_thumb, and have not been a recipient of her swaps. She has been made aware of this through private email, which she initiated.

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Tracey your DC # 0306 1070 0001 9492 9672

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Kim

I believe your real issue in this matter should be with me. I am the one who initiated the post on the Rate & Review Forum, or as you have renamed it the Rant and Rave Forum. I had contacted you on numerous occasions and received little reply to no reply.

I realize that you have stated that there has been a family emergency. That is something that does come up from time to time in all of our lives, it is unfortunate. I do not believe that you should be taking your anger out on Klickitat. You should be directing your anger at me. I am the person that your true issue is with.

I would like to also let the members here know that when Kim emailed me this evening she offered to send the box in the morning. I have asked that she keep the box and not to trouble herself with it any further. I have offered my prayers to her family and wish them well.

Deb, Please do not send me a make up box, as you can see, kim has offered to send it and I have declined her offer. This lays on my shoulders. I wish for no one here to be burdened by this matter any longer. My humblest apologies for this very public rant.

Respectfully,
    Tracy

• lil_green_thumb
    16 years ago

Tracy. no was not upset with you. you were very right in feeling how you do. I would have also. and it was jules that made the comments that i was dissing people in this thread and i have yet to see proof of.
    I have been trading on GW for 13 months and have NEVER failed to be on time. Nor have i ever disrespected anyone on any forums be it GW or DG.

• diene
    16 years ago

Good Morning All;
    As an observer to this entire issue I suggest we put this to bed now. I think this has caused heartache and stress for everyone which is not what these things are supposed to be about. Lil_green_thumb I think Jules was not saying you complained about others but that you were derelict in other swaps as well. We can all understand family issues but it was apparent that you had started new round robins without communicating about pending ones.
    Since you are part of the OBF, you know how seriously people take commitments to these robins. The rate and review forum was founded as a means for new people to amass positive credentials so they could join groups like the OBF. It was also founded to warn people. I believe tracy felt she was protecting others from the disappointment she felt.
    Part of me is saying do not post this message, stay out of it but that is not who I am. Jules did nothing wrong, her responsibility was to the people in this robin. As much as you do not like it lil_green_thumb, you did not fulfill your commitment to this swap as well as I believe at least one other. I am sensitive to your father in laws' health issues but we all have challenges that could interfere with our commitments here. The trick is not to let them.
    Please stop blaming the victims. Thanks. diene

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

DebbyA,

I would like to say that I truly appreciate your generosity. I neglected to say that last night. Please accept my apologies for ignoring you. I am overwhelmed by the generous nature of the lovely people that I have met through GW. I am doubly touched by your gesture of kindness and friendship. I am blessed to know people like you.

Diene,

I appreciate your stepping in. It was not an easy decision for me to post my review of this swap. I felt that it had become necessary. I never like to say bad things. It is an uncomfortable feeling. I, like you, felt awkward posting last night, but felt the need to do so. I am finished with this thread and am moving on to new experiences. I am blessed to know you as well. I aspire to keep my experiences positive and follow the example you have set in Make New Friends.

Kim,

I believe when Klickitat referred to "dissed" she was referring to the disrespect shown to the members who were supposed to have received from you. The lack of communication, the lack of follow through, the starting of the new posts while leaving loose ends in other areas. Not that you were saying bad things about anyone on the boards. I did not sleep last night due to the stress I felt at your anger toward Klick, she was acting on my behalf. Please no more postings on this matter. I hope you respect my wishes on this. You have sent the package, I will acknowledge it here when it arrives. Thank you for following through. I will also make sure to update the Rate and Review once it arrives.

Respectfully,
    Tracy

• klickitat
    Original Author
    16 years ago

And with that, the exchange is officially over! Onto the next Garden Decorating RR.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Kim,

Thank you for the very nice box of goodies that you sent. It arrived this afternoon! I couldn't believe how heavy the box was! Here is the list for everyone to ooh and ahh over!

Kero Hand lotion
    pumpkin shaped candle
    Orange and Black Halloween Tea lights (perfect for our Jack O'Lantern)
    Assorted Gladiolus Bulbs
    Pumpkin Pie Wax Melter set (I love the smell of Pumpkin Pie)
    Smiley Flower Note Jotter for desk set (always need notes!)
    Woodstock Hyacinth Bulbs (can't wait to look these up)
    Gardening Gloves (I needed a new pair!)
    Green Pumpkin Hand Towel (very cute)
    Stationary Set
    Lady Scarecrow Statue (Too cute!)
    Cinnamon Bun Candle Jar (yum!!!)
    Teddy Bear Magnet
    Floral Scented Candle and Ceramic Holder
    Apple Scented Car Freshener
    Spring loaded pens

• sccountrygardens91
    16 years ago

I will sign up, thank you, Sandy

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi Sandy,
    The swap is over for this month. A new Garden Decorating RR swap will be posted shortly (for November).
    I'm running a little behind!

Deb