Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snyder_gw

Sept Birthday swap-Ann

snyder
17 years ago

Guess I'm supposed to tell my likes and dislikes as I'm the Sept. Birthday

I like almost any thing I'm not to tickey;Just like surprises.

I like about all candies

I chew freedent gum

My kitchen is done in apples

I like hunter green,mauve, red and blue for colors

I wear colored socks

Ihave 2 grandchildren a girl 4 years and boy 9 months

I have a shih Tzu puppy.

I have a veggie and flower garden

I love daylilys ,I collect mini musical carrousels

I'm trying to get my flower garden in all perennials.Guess that is about all. Just surprise me. Ann

Comments (27)

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Ann;
    Thanks for the info, now we can start packing our boxes. How old are you going to be? You do not have to tell us if you do not want but I am curious. diene

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

well Diene, I'm not ashamed to tell my age. I will be 71.I was just about to old when my oldest son got married and had these two grandchildren. I baby sit some as they both are principals and teachers, and some times they about get the best of this old Nanny,LOL. Ann

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Ann,
    I hope you have a wonderful Birthday. You grandchildren are lucky to have such a sweet Nanny. My mom is 68 and my kids call her Nanny too. Grandmothers are such a special blessing. Hope you have the most wonderful month ever. Your garden pal, Amy

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Ann!
    Your box went out this morning, USPS #0305 0830 0004 1527 2219.

Enjoy!

Deb

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I guess you really have to plan ahead to beat out Deb!! What a star. I can't wait to hear what you get. I hope to get your box out early next week. Hope you have a great month. diene

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well I received my first birthdaay box today from debbya. What a lovely surprise. It was full to the brim. This is what she sent. A beautiful rose porcelian night light, Some nice garden gloves,a magnetic note pad for my ref,the neatest cansiter which you can reuse full of bath goodies, bubble bath, nail brush,body pouf and shower gel, and a red magice Daylily. Thats one I don,t have. Caint wait to plant it. Thanks a bunch debbya, I loved it all. Ann

• diene
    17 years ago

Good Morning Ann;
    I am on my way to the Post Office to mail your box. I just realized I did not put any live plants in it and I have some for you so they will come later. The confirmation number for this box is 01038555749759131649. I am trying a new post office. If this one works well, I will send the live stuff using them. Have a great day. diene

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received two birthday boxes today. This is just like Christmas. The first one is from Wyoming native(Maire)I received an oil lamp with flowers inside, 2 dog treats for my puppy,( Bad to the bone dog treats from Wyo.) 2 pair of real cute socks and a body massage ensemble. and purple daylilys.Oh yes the cutest med duck figurne. It is painted in real pretty colors and already has a place in my hubbys bath on a shelf where I have a vine and larger duck. I already made me a metal sign and have my daylilys planted in my flower bed. Should take off to a good start as it has rained here all afternoon. Thank you very much Maire. It was all very nice and I love it all. Ann

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received my box today also from Diene.I just now opened it as I have been gone. I recieved the following,A nice card,I cute wooden bird house wind chime. a tube of hand cream, nutrimin C re system for your face and at my age we need all the help we can get,an instant flower garden that you unroll , water and watch grow,an apple trivet for my kitchen, corn picks for sweet corn,a picture frame,an apple candle,a prtty butterfly pick for flower pots and an apple crisp mix. all you have to add is the apples and I just bought some jonathan apples today and it is in the cutest box looks just like a stove, also some Sorrento hard candys.Diene I caint thank you enough. You were very thoughtful and my DH will love the apple crisp.It is all very nice. Ann

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I finally got your package in the mail today. Conf number is 04797192572026018170. I did include some live plants. The toys are for your grandbabies. My grand daughter is almost 2 and what a joy she is. Although I do know what you mean when you said they are almost too much. I guess I am lucky, I see mine once a week, (enough to be fun, not enough to be work) Hope you like everything.

Karen

• wynative
    17 years ago

Ann, Glad to hear that your box arrived. Sorry for not posting that it was on its way but t has been a little hectic here since last Thursday (the day I mailed it) ~ My daughter was on her way to her first Volley Ball game, she made the 'A' team! and while she was dressing for it, fell off the locker room bench. She broke her arm in 4 places, including both growth plates in her wrist:( We find out tomorrow if they are just going to cast it or do surgery. She was so cute when she saw the x-rays, she started crying (it didn't seem to bother her at all till then) and said: " My career is over!" I felt bad but had to giggle as she will only be 12 this coming Friday. She seems to be handling it well except that I have to wash her hair and I am doing it wrong :)

The doggy treat are from a new store that opened here just for pets. They even have Ice Cream ~ in a dish or a cone for the little darlin's! I took my Border Collie, Poodle and Ausie over for a treat. BC and Poodle loved the ice cream but the Ausie got brain freeze so had to have a dish of warm water and a chew treat. Hope yours likes them!

Have a great month!
    Marie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Marie,
    I had to laugh when I read about the brain freeze! I haven't taken my dogs for ice cream yet (doggie style, LOL).
    My Daughter is always laughing and saying She has brain freeze (while eating ice cream, slushies). I just giggle, and think what in the heck is that? LOL! I've never had it!

My Daughter is in Volleyball, basketball (She's 14), and sports are so important at that age (to them).
    I hope your Daughter's arm heals quickly!

Deb

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I sent your package out today in the mail.
    The DC# is 0306 1070 0000 1564 0519.
    I hope you enjoy.......and again, happy birthday month.

Bonnie

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have received my boxes from Karen and Bonnie. I will post later as I have company as we lost my brother in law and we have been traveling for visition and the service. Thanks girls and I will post later what you both sent. Ann

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received 2 boxes last week but just now finding time to post what I got. I received 2 very nice boxes, the first was from Bonnie,She sent 4 pkts of flower seed from her garden,a magnetic note pad for my ref,50 receipe cards,a cookie press,a sweet potato muffin mix,a box of wildflower mix. Caint wait to try the muffin mix. The other one was from rainbowlake(Karen) My what a box don't think she could have gotten any more in it, this is what she sent,a ball for my grandson, a cinderal(disney) sticker book for my grandaughter she loved it as that is what her back pack is, she stared pre school this year and was here last night and has already did them. a daylily, 3 perenials, white violets, clara curtis daisy, and feverfew,8 crocus bulbs 3 hycinths bulbs mixed colors,a strawbeey kiss candel, a birdhouse,a welcome to my garden,bubble bath and a bar of glycerine soap, and a garden idea Mag and 3 pkts flower seeds,malva, poppies and dwarf morning glorys. . Candy and suckers for the grandchildren. Also both sent very pretty cards.Thank both of you gals for all you sent I loved it all and sorry about being late posting but there was only 2 boys in my husbands family and he lost his only brother last Sunday, so I've had a house full of Company and so I've been busy. Hope I havn't forgotten any thing. Thank you both very much I'll enjoy all of it. Ann

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Ann,
    Glad you liked the package. I do have to warn you that the violets can get a little invasive if they like the spot they are in, but they are so pretty I don't mind. The Clara Curtis Daisy will also politely spread out and make a delightful patch that blooms throughout the summer and again in fall.
    I am glad that your grandchildren liked the toys. My little one loves stickers, she likes to put them on like bandaids. And balls are her very favorite toy. She is a pretty acurate little thrower. Maybe we have a softball pitcher in the making.
    I hope things settle down at your house soon. It is always great when the family rallys around in times of need but also tiring. I know how hard all this must be on your husband.
    I hope that you are enjoying some of this cooler weather that has arrived here.

Karen

• amybabyboy3
    17 years ago

Ann, I sent your package out this morning! Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!!!!Amy

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Ann,
    I'm glad you liked your box.
    Please continue to have a great birthday month.
    Bonnie

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received a very nice package today from amybabyboy3. She sent me the following a big pkt of freedient gum ,an address book ,squash seed, notes with matching envelopes. and a little woven basket with individual pkts of instant coffee. and the cutest scarecrow on a stick and a very pretty pair of plum colored socks. I love the color Amy, thats one I dont have. It was such a nice surprise. Thank you I love it all Ann

• wynative
    17 years ago

Just a 2 quick questions ~ Who is the Oct. Birthday? and are we still doing a Holiday swap for November?

Glad to hear you had such a nice month Ann :)

Marie

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

The Birtday person for October is October17, Ellie. She posted in Aug and said that she hadn't sent for that month and not to include her, but she had sent up til then and that is as much or more as a lot of people that were in this robin did. It also sounded as if she could use some cheering up. So I for one plan to send her a birthday package.
    I am game to do the November swap, so whatever is decided, count me in.
    Karen

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello All;
    I still owe Ann some plants as they did not make it in her birthday box but I am leaving on a trip tomorrow until Friday night so it will have to wait until next week. That will at least stretch her month. I am also going to send to Ellie as there are all times when we need that extra boost. She also sent me a wonderful box on my summer birthday. I just went to her page and she has nothing listed but she says she likes flowers and edibles. That gives us lots of leeway. I will check the information I stored on this group in case she filled one out before and I kept it. Anyway, I do have her address if anyone needs it. I also want to do a holiday swap in November or maybe we want to send a little something to everyone that is still part of the group. There are very few of us left I am afraid. Any other ideas? diene

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Diene,
    How many of us are left? I'm just curious.. I think I joined in May. So, I never really was able to get to know everyone. Ellie must of stopped with my month (I didn't receive anything from her). My month was July.
    A Holiday swap sounds nice!

Deb

• diene
    17 years ago

Hello Deb;
    Ann would be better able to tell us who is left as she was the last month. We lost Kelley, I think and she was great, the original person that started this swap (I think her name was Steph) never made it beyond the first month. There have been others, did not realize you were a replacement. Anyway, it might be time for a roll call for the holiday swap. I'm in, your in, Ann's in. Is there anyone else out there?
    By the way, I e-mailed Ellie to ask for preferences and she specifically requested I not send her anything. I being a stubborn irishman, am paying no attention to that but I thought I would mention that. I am off on my latest adventure. I will be back on Friday. have a wonderful rest of the week. diene

• wynative
    17 years ago

Count me in for the Holiday Swap ;)

Marie

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

Count me in for the holiday swap too.
    I'd like to stick this swap out to the very end.

I also intend to send Ellie a box next month.
    She was gracious enough to send one to me.I do have her address already.

Whatever you all decide for the holiday swap is fine with me.
    Maybe we can shake all the participants names in a sack and draw out a name. We could pick a theme of some kind and stick with that , or send an ornament and one more small thing to keep the costs down and the postage to a minimum.
    The envelope or box can not be any larger than a shoebox.

Ok....I put my two cents in.....
    Bonnie

• snyder
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This is who I received from Amy, Bonnie,Karen(rainbow lake),Diene(Kathleen),Deb,Maire. I recived some from I hadn't sent to as I wasn't in on the start, I didn't send to Amy but she sent to me. I did not receive from Jan but I sent to her, nor did I receive from Ellie.Any way I've had a wonderful birthday month, My husband don't think I need any Christmas. Think I received about 5 daylilys, my favorites. Thanks a bunch girls.I will be in next month Ann