Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

Petal Pushers & Friends Picture Sharing Thread

tracyvine
14 years ago

Come one and come all picture snappin' gardeners!

I would like to invite all the other groups to share their beauties here as well. I know we all love seeing each other's gardens and this is always a great way to see new plants in bloom to add to our "Must Haves" list.

Here are a few of my blooms from early this afternoon. The blooms are getting fewer and further between and the season seems to be creeping to an end in my garden.

Echinacea Meringue

The craziest Echinacea Doubledecker so far in the garden

Echinacea Green Eyes

Hugs to all!

Tracy

Comments (23)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Thank you Tracy for sharing your beautiful flowers.. The Echinacea Meringue is a wower!

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Tracy, I love those Echi's If you ever have extra seeds I wouldn't mind you sharing with me LOL

Love ya girl
    Carmen

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tracy, I second Carmen. I love your Merigue echi. It's a bute.

Denise

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks girls! I have a thing for the echies! I have them everywhere. lol.

Carmen, I will be happy to save some seeds for you. I know the doubledecker will be fertile but am not quite sure on the meringue and green eyes. I will save them for you to experiment with.

The meringue is so short! I love that it has such a low habit. Great for putting in the front of a bed. Cute as a button! :O)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Just picked this up half off... It is called Hosta Remember me... The lady was so nice.... She gave me cuttings of her coleus...One is chocolate drops and the other is the Rose Kong she called it... I am gonna go divide the hosta in case my partner wants some of it... Than we are off to the fair..:)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Barb, those are gorgeous! I love Remember me! The coleus are very nice too. I love the variation in colors.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Barb I love that Hosta, Sweeeet!! I lots of coleus if anybody want some.

Look what I found at Goodwill this morning, love this mushroom, it's about 2 feet tall

can not get rid of this weed very pretty but grows too fast and takes over.

Carmen

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Tracy, love the echinacea Merinigue! That is definitely going on my list.

Carmen, sweet mushroom! What a find. I love your weed too. Is it some kind of sedum?

Becky

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

You know Becky I don't know but you might be right. this weed grows everywhere Sometimes I let spread.
    Sorry that my pix were so big I forgot to downsize LOL

Tracy I would love to get some seed I only have 1 echie and she is all done for the summer I think it's just a common one.
    carmen

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Carmen that is a great find! Thanks Girls. I really love the hosta too Tracy... I seen it and wanted it so bad... I love your flowers too Carmen they are pretty.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carmen I love that mushroom! I never find anything that cool at our Goodwill! You are a very lucky lady! I think I have that same weed here. I haven't seen it flower though. If mine flowered I might stop yanking it out! LOL! I will save the seeds for you. They just started blooming last week and the other meringue that I have still has that same bloom, very long lasting I guess. As soon as they finish seeding I will pop them in the mail to you.

Thanks Becky! I have coconut lime too and am waiting impatiently for it to bloom. It is supposed to be very similar to meringue.

Barb, I supposedly have remember me in my shade garden somewhere. I need to go look for it tomorrow if it isn't raining. I don't think mine is as pretty as yours.

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

Carmen-What a find in the mushroom....lucky you. It looks like that spot was made for it.

Tracy-Love the echies I have a pending trade on Daves so that picture made up my mind on meringue.

Barb-Nice hosta....I have just gotten into coleus and have somewhere around 40-50. I'm just worried about keeping them alive this Winter.

Shirley

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Carmen, I love that mushroom. What a find!

Tracy, you will have to post a pic of coconut lime when it blooms. I am sure it will be gorgeous.

Denise

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Thank you Tracy I would love to see yours.. I am not sure where to plant it to keep the yellow varigation that also comes out in it... Shirley a girl after my heart.. That is alot of coleus..Just starting to collect this past summer... Have a great day girls..This is a great RR..:)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Becky,

this is a photo of my box contents for you to see the different sizes of plants that can be sent. I potted up a few of these about a month ago so that they would be growing roots when I sent them. I hope this helps.

Lisa

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Barb, I found my Remember Me this afternoon. I have it in too much shade! Mine is so green in comparison with yours. I will take pics tomorrow and post them to show you what it looks like. It is a one year old liner, still only has one eye. I'm moving it out from under the chelone that is shading it so much so it can lighten up.

Lisa, did you ever get one of these? I have it tagged for a division going to you when it gets more eyes. Those heuch's are looking great! (rubbing hands together gleefully)

• rosepedal
    14 years ago

Lisa thank you for the pics that helps alot for us newbs to the group..:)

Thanks Tracy... I will try a little morning sun and see how it does... Hoping it keeps the yellow in it too.. Cant wait to see your pics...Barb

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, I didn't get a hosta remember yet. I'm trying to be good and only buy sale plants right now.. The hubby has been laid off since November and the longer it goes the more careful I have to be about spending money. I did get hosta broken hearted from another garden webber that I had sent a winter sowing start up packet of seeds to last year. She remembered and emailed me for my addy and sent it to me, how sweet was that???

arget="_blank">

last but not least, here's what the puppies did when I let them out in the rain alone this past Saturday. I had to go out when it was pouring buckets and hose all the dirt off and let them in the house to dry them with towels. Well, I DO only have two hands so when I was drying one the other shook all over the place and made a huge mess of hair and water.... What was I thinking, two pups??????

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Lisa, your yard is awesome!! And the pups are pretty cute too! lol

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, I love the gardens! I think they are planted perfectly.
    I wish I had left more space between mine when I
    first put in the shade bed. The hosta are getting big
    and I'm having to move them all the time.
    That was so nice of that lady to remember her promise to
    send Broken Hearted to you. I need to go look it up.
    Well, be sure not to pick up Remember Me because I will
    be sending the first division I get from it to you. How
    could I ever forget with a name like "Remember Me"? LOL

What is the name of the tall light yellow plant in the
    first picture? I love how delicate it is.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Tracy, That's helianthus lemon queen, it's over 6 feet tall in that bed. I had to tie it up because after the rains it started to flop. I have it in much more shade in another area and it's only about 4 feet but blooming the same. I"m not a huge fan of yellows but I think it's my favorite plant! I'll send you some in the next box that I send out to you.

Vic, thank you! I do remember sending the lemon queen to you. It was the one that looked dead and I told you to plant anyway. It doesn't like to be moved.

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Lisa, Love all of your pictures. Thank you for sharing. I know what you mean about having to be careful. I am a stay at home mom and my husband was cut back to a 4 day work week earlier this spring. This is suppose to be the busy time of the year for them. I hate to think what this winter will be like:(

Denise

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lisa, that would be awesome! They are beautiful.
    Thank you so much!

Denise, I'm a stay at home mom too and try to be careful
    with the buying, these swaps help a lot with
    adding to my collection. So many of the plants I have now
    I never even knew about until I came to GW.

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures