skohler_gw

UPDATE: all my bloomin friends, graphic light thread

skohler
17 years ago

thought it was time to start a new photo sight

for our gardens .

these are a few of my plants in bloom .

{{gwi:1296958}}

no id iris late bloomer :)) opened yesterday .

could it be immortality ???

{{gwi:1296959}}

candy lily

{{gwi:1296960}}

bicent queen

{{gwi:1296961}}

spacecoast fancy dancer

{{gwi:1296962}}

glads can't remeber name right now

{{gwi:1296964}}

another glad

{{gwi:1296965}}

love to see your gardens :)))

have a great night all

susie

Comments (78)

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

The plant with the berries is Aralia racemosa.

Beth~ I started the poppy from a pacage of seeds that were labeled 'Iceland Mixed Colors'

Earthly~ Yes, the last one is a rose of sharon.

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Here is a picture of my echinacea this morning.....

{{gwi:1296988}}

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

love the pictures keep them coming :))) OH So pretty.
    going to try to get that goofy picture of me & my hat today :)) you all won't believe what I did today :((
    Rather then tell you I will show you :)) .

As Soon as the rain stop :)) ok here goes
    I went to wal-mart today & well I bought
    9 Mums :)) never have enough I want more :)) .96 ea
    5 Boxwood Green Mountain $2.00 ea
    2 Jupiter $2.00 ea
    6 black beard red asiatic Lilies .62ea pot 3-4
    2 pieris japonica prelude bushes :)) $2.00 ea

then went to my friend yung mi to tell her & ended up
    taken her out to wal-mart after we unloaded my plants in her yard of coruse :))
    she bought 10 boxwood -4-6 jupiters -3 other pines
    rhodendrum & Hydragea 's for $3.96 ea :))) $20.00 plants :)) Then we went to lunch :))

here are my plants :))

{{gwi:1296990}}

Also here is my rose of sharon ??? someone sent to me last fall .

{{gwi:1296992}}

carol I have my picture but will send it to you in email:))

well I do have to lay up for awhile & I will check back in later . tonights the night all :))

Sorry almost forgot : I should explain about the canning books . why I ask was so that if there are any of you that still enjoy canning & freezing or cook books , there might be a few of us that could share a book or 2 with you.

I find many at book sales & garage sales & love to go through them & pass them down . No you do Not Have to be a newbie If I know you like these type of books will save them for you . :))
    Iwill look for more since I see many of you like them.

susie

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Wow, great finds at Walmart Sue! Think I might have to stop into Walmart tomorrow when I'm out.... :o)

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

Lunamoon - that picture is great. Looks like it came out of a magazine, and I love it with the butterfly.

Susie, I'm jealous....how much land do you have? Your property is absolutely beautiful. And OMG - is that a weeping willow tree? I love them and have wanted one for several years. I decided if I ever own a Large piece of property that I'm getting a weeping willow. I love the way they sway in the wind and rain. So graceful. My son says they looks sad.

Let me see what pics I have to share...be right back...

Japanese Morning Glory

Siloam Royal Prince

And last but not least, my best friend Lucky Murphy

Have a great night all my bloomin friends
    Maureen

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

What beautiful pictures.......

Canna Cleopatra

My Pond

My first Daylily Bed

Hollyhock

Coneflowers

Shirley

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

love the pictures
    maureen you can many cuttings off my neighbors :))
    he won't mind at all , He hates the tree its in his way when he has to mow the hill :)) Now you Know the rest of the story :))

no kidding I can get cutting for you & they will be rooted if you give me about 3-4 weeks :)) in water :))

luna : we got some great buys from our wal-mart & we are going back today for a few roses :)) $3.00 last year they were $2.00 .

well I have to go have coffee with my big sister first this morning so you gals have a good day it is raining here but thats ok :))

susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Love the pics as usual.
    I have a couple I took yesterday.
    {{gwi:342492}}
    Japanese Morning Glory

Rudbeckia. If anyone wants large chunks, it is yours: )

The hat photo for Carol. Gary thinks I am really nuts now, lol! And now that I look, I have dirt on me, lol! Oh well, it is a gardening photo.

Aster Monch. It came out a bit washed out, but you can see how floriferous it is. It blooms like that all the way till frost.
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

thought I would share a few more of my bloomers

this is sedum stonecrop vera Johnson I think
    {{gwi:1297014}}

my elephant ear that i will have to cut down soon :(((

{{gwi:1297016}}

maureen Here is the vaiegated false sunflower I call it but there is another name for it .

{{gwi:1297018}}

unnamed dahlia

{{gwi:1297020}}

this is my ornamental elderberry bush
    {{gwi:1297024}}

and last one is of my new hat & I do not
    take good pictures so I hope I don't scare my new friends away :))

have a great evening all
    susie

{{gwi:1297026}}

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Susie--you look marv-o-lous dahling!!!And I want one of everything pictured on this thread!!! You have such pretties'--hope I can fulfill your wishes since you picked me!!!!! I will be watching for your email!!
    Remy are you serious about the rudbeckia????
    Beth --those colors are just beautiful--and my angelwing is just loaded with blooms right now too--I have mine on my deck and the colors are so intense!!
    Maureen--Lucky Murphy --what a handsome guy!! I had to put my sweet Alli to sleep saturday :(--she was my baby-my house is so quiet.....sometimes doing the right thing-is the hardest thing--
    Jeanette

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Ali. My Thor Baby died of cancer a couple of years ago and it was awful! I cried for 3 days straight. My little Lady is 16 and 1/2. I dread her getting sick one of these days. It is tough. I'm sure Ali was a great companion.
    I always feel bad chucking the rudbeckia. It grows like a weed! It is an expanding clump perennial AND it re-seeds. So I always have excess. In fact, I got it as a passalong plant from my husband's friend. I think that is why so many gardeners around here have it! Only a few actually bought it, lol. Anyway, you want some, you got some: )

Susie,
    You look great! I love all the plants and the space! Shirley's got wonderful space too! I should of bought more land. Gary keeps telling me to go plant on Grand Island where Maryanne stayed. There's lots of space there
    Remy.

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Jeanette spike sends his condolences as do I. I know Ali was an important part of your life. my little tiyli is only a year and I couldn't imagine losing her. I think the name of my brug is versicolor, I started it from a cutting 3 yrs ago. Beth my little varigated pepper is going wild. I need edible ornamentals if anyone has some, I would love to trade days or dahlias in fall. another of my dahlias blooming now{{gwi:1297029}}

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

good morning everyone. real quick before i get caught here at this new job (which is so far away, i just can't stand the commute into a neighboring state!)

anyway, first and foremost, jeanette, my thoughts and heart go out to you. november 1st, my dear, sweet Hazel was laid to rest. i was sick for days on end. she had developed kidney cancer 2 years ago, had the right one removed and then the week of halloween, the remaining one must have burst and it was just bad. she was great and i'll never have another dog like her. the two i have now....FREAKS!!!!
    but they are getting a little better as time goes on.

flowers are just gorgeous. i don't have much in bloom now and all the pix i have been taking are of my little "sweet pea"...God, i just love her to pieces.

and i can vouch for all the room remy could plant at the cottage -- what fantastic space - not to mention quite peaceful. we loved our stay there. i was looking at a property on realtor.com - alt ave (remy, anywhere close?) that i am getting some more info on it as a potential investment property.

remy, you look great. a big (soft, not squishing ya so it hurts) hug in your recuperation.

sue, as usual, your grounds are fantastic. can't wait to visit you (next year, i hope) and see it all in person.

shirley, i just love your property - love that pond. i could just pull up a chaise and be content with nature.

maureen, murph's a beauty!

beth, are those coleus or begonias? they are stunning to say the least.

okay, i hear them coming closer, better close now.

be well all, happy blooms.
    maryanne

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Jeanette, I am sorry to hear about your Alli. My Heartfelt condolences to you.

Susie you look fine!! Are you going to have a gathering. Do you live near Gobles, MI. My family has been visiting there every summer for 50 years...
    Remy, that is not dirty. (garden clothes) I scare my family when I play in the dirt. Like the gecko shirt!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Jeanette, so sorry to hear about your Ali. :( My pup, Nellie, is my best friend and sits next to me as I type now. I can't even begin to think about the days when she'll be older than me and won't be around. Keep those memories of your friend alive. Hugs.

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

jeanette sorry about alli I lost my dobbie spring 2005
    but I'm reminded every day for I have a parrot DJ That calls for her everyday :)) so its as if she is still here :)
    their body & sole may leave us the happyness they gave us will never leave :))

I tried to email you this morning early but it came back
    says your mail box is full .
    let me know when I can try agin .

anyone looking for land come on out :)) 17 acres to share with you :))

looks as if I won't be doing much more gardening for the next month or 2 :((
    I just hope I can get what I bought in the groud this week :))

keep up the pictures gals love seeing them all
    so I know what to ask for :)) .

love ya all
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    Thanks for the soft hug: )
    I mowed my front lawn yesterday. I did take a break, but my next door neighbor yelled at me. She said Gary should do it, but I hate how he mows!lol. I'm ok, just a little sore today, so it really wan't too much.
    I had to look up Alt on Grand Island. It is very short street so that's why I never heard of it. It is off of Whitehaven so it is just a short ways up Grand Island Blvd.(first exit first entrance).
    I did look up the property my father wants and I do think it is the steal of the century especially since he can remodel extremely well. It is the first house on the link. The site is pretty cool because it gives all kinds of statistics too.You can do a Grand Island, NY search on it.
    Susan,
    I do get extremely dirty, and if I had been gardening the photo would of been really scary. I was just out there for a few minutes though! I thought I was clean. I'm worse than little kid, lol.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Real estate

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Earthly-I also love to sit by ponds, it is very calming to hear water and see the fish. If you ever visit NC please LMK.

Sue-I love finding those bargins like you did at Wal-mart.

Jeanette-So sorry to hear about your beloved Ali. My doberman got run over 3 years ago and I have never got another pet. It hurt way too much. The bad thing my son-in-law ran over him and it took me forever to forgive him. I could not even stand to look at him. I think he was going to fast and it could have been avoided.

My brugs are blooming away this year

More brugs

Close shot

I couldn't believe I found this lone clematis blooming yesterday

Daylily blooming late

Shirley

Shirley

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI all.

Jeanette - so sorry you lost your pet Ali. Hugs to you :-)

HI Maryann - how are you doing? How are the plants I sent you doing? I'm still hoping that my special african violet food shows up so I can send some to you. It's been lost in one of my jam packed cabinets. Thanks for the compliment on my son Lucky. He was sleeping in the bed with me and DH this morning. This dog has some life!!

Susie, I'm so glad to see a pic of you. You are a lovely lady! Is that a bird on your shoulder??

Remy - that pic of the house you linked is amazing. I fell in love with that house, what charm! I was showing my friends at work the house I want to buy. I had it all figured out, I could sell my house on Long Island, pay off the mortgage and have enough to buy that house with a mortgage 1/2 the price of what I pay now -- and that house is double the square feet of mine. I have a small cottage/bungalow type house. 1500 feet would seem huge to me. We were trying to figure out where the town is, is it near Buffalo?

Susie, why do you say it looks like you wont' be doing much gardening for the next month or 2? What's going on? You have 17 acres? HOly cow.

Shirley - love your pictures. Do your brugs overwinter for you? Or do you take them indoors? The clematis is pretty, they are one of my favorite plants. I have about 8 different ones, most of them are small in pots and will get planted this fall. And the daylily in the pic is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. And my heart was sad when I heard what happened to you Doberman. What a horrible thing to happen, especially if it was because of careless driving. I feel for you.

Here's a pic of one of my best blooming clematis, Dr. Ruppel

Here's a pic of my DH, son Michael and Lucky last summer:
    {{gwi:1297044}}

One of my favorite roses,

See you all later, going to the gym and to get my nails done!!
    Maureen

• irish_rose_grower
    17 years ago

HI all.

Jeanette - so sorry you lost your pet Ali. Hugs to you :-)

HI Maryann - how are you doing? How are the plants I sent you doing? I'm still hoping that my special african violet food shows up so I can send some to you. It's been lost in one of my jam packed cabinets. Thanks for the compliment on my son Lucky. He was sleeping in the bed with me and DH this morning. This dog has some life!!

Susie, I'm so glad to see a pic of you. You are a lovely lady! Is that a bird on your shoulder??

Remy - that pic of the house you linked is amazing. I fell in love with that house, what charm! I was showing my friends at work the house I want to buy. I had it all figured out, I could sell my house on Long Island, pay off the mortgage and have enough to buy that house with a mortgage 1/2 the price of what I pay now -- and that house is double the square feet of mine. I have a small cottage/bungalow type house. 1500 feet would seem huge to me. We were trying to figure out where the town is, is it near Buffalo?

Susie, why do you say it looks like you wont' be doing much gardening for the next month or 2? What's going on? You have 17 acres? HOly cow.

Shirley - love your pictures. Do your brugs overwinter for you? Or do you take them indoors? The clematis is pretty, they are one of my favorite plants. I have about 8 different ones, most of them are small in pots and will get planted this fall. And the daylily in the pic is so pretty. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. And my heart was sad when I heard what happened to you Doberman. What a horrible thing to happen, especially if it was because of careless driving. I feel for you.

Here's a pic of one of my best blooming clematis, Dr. Ruppel

Here's a pic of my DH, son Michael and Lucky last summer:
    {{gwi:1297044}}

One of my favorite roses,

See you all later, going to the gym and to get my nails done!!
    Maureen

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU ALL AN UP-DATE ON MY BABIES :))

Took them away from Mom & dads today I feel so bad haven to do that , but if I don't then they will be wild & not good to sell :(

little hard to make them out yet in the picture
    but they will grow fast now :))

{{gwi:1297046}}

I love feeding time :)) great pictures lady
    love the burgs wish they would winter in the ground here . zone 5 :))

you all have a great weekend & beth Hope yours
    is super special weekend .
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

SUSIE

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    The brugs in the ground pic is amazing! I wish I didn't have to haul my huge thing in every winter!
    My dog that died of cancer was a Doberman too. They are very good dogs.
    Maureen,
    The house is out in the N.E. farming suburbs of Niagara Falls. It is about 40 minutes from my house. Wilson is a nice town that has a very pretty little waterfront too. It is amazing what a difference money can buy between where you are and here!
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy,
    You should not have to take your brug in for the winter. I live in zone 6 also. I cut mine back (around 5-6 inches from the ground) before the first frost and cover it with black garbage bags and mulch over that so the bags don't blow away, works everytime. Yes I love Dobermans some people are scared of them but I have had two and never had a problem with either of them.

Maureen your pink roses are beautiful. The picture looks like something out of a magazine just gorgeous. Your son Michaels name should be Lucky with all that neat play equipment he has.

I still have daylilies blooming
    here's Made In Dixie blooming away

Cranberry Ruffles

Dahlia City Of Alkamaar

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone - sending september greetings :)

beautiful pictures - birds, plants, flowers, pets, husbands and sons.

i never grew those brugs, maybe eventually i'll try them. shirley, did you grow yours from seed? and i love that cranberry ruffle.

maureen - i had to do a double take on your son -- when i first saw the picture, i thought it was my nephew - a little taller, but the face/head/hair. such a cutie and the old man isn't too bad either :) just a gorgeous rose and clematis. the plants you sent me are doing fine. no blooms this year, but i didn't expect it. they are in a holding area, well protected, with the exception of the peonies, which are where they belong. by next season they should be all that and so much more! your swing set makes me realize i will be needing to add all that fun stuff to my yard - i want to get one of those little playhouses too. not the heavy duty plastic stuff, but like a little shed/house that the baby can grow with.

sue, best of luck with the birds. quite a neat hobby you have there.

remy, hope you are healing according to plan. are you back to work yet? by the way? your market rates number 1 according to a show i just watched. also, whatever happened to the sunflower man? i tried to google it, but didn't find anything current.

angel, how are you? sending warm thoughts your way.

my girls are so afraid of the baby too. they just can't figure her out. it's almost comical but it's also frustrating that everything freaks them out. i do see a big different in them since they've come to live with me. maybe next year i can actually bathe them. they are shedding like crazy and my vacuum is retaliating. what kind of vacuum do you all use? any suggestions -- it's time to invest in a new one.

i planted a sweet potato vine and although it's growing, it didn't quite climb the way i anticipated. well, tonight i was next door talking to my (decent) neighbors and i'll be darned,it's growing all up their side of (their) fence. LOL. looks great too. (i have HORRIBLE neighbors on the other side of me).

poor crocodile hunter...at least he lived his life doing what made him happy. what a way to go.

not only summer, but where the heck did this year go already? i have a lonely daylily blooming - luxury lace, phlox and morning glories and absolutely nothing else. even all the annuals are spent. ripped out all but 4 tomato plants...nothing is really doing well of late.

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Shirley,
    I didn't know you could do that to the brugs! Everyone around here hauls them in for the winter. They do go leafless and don't need much watering, but it is still a pain.
    Maryanne,
    I'm healing pretty good. Still sore, but I think it will be like that for awhile. I'm going back to work next week. Wemans won something again? We got #2 for best place to work at according to Fortune this year. Last year we were #1.
    The sunflower guy got to keep his flowers. Lots of people got upset over it! You know us crazy gardeners, lol.
    My sweetpotatoes are looking so good. I do hope potatoes are developing in the pots!

Sorry to hear things are not looking good. Because of the cooler weather and rain, lots of roses and other stuff is blooming nice now. Now that I think about it your heat wave was much worse there, so I can see how things probably aren't too good now. Next year will be better!
    Susie,
    Those little birds look so helpless! I bet they are growing really fast now.
    Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunflowers

• brittneysgran
    17 years ago

Remy-Love the sunflower story thanks for sharing.

Shirley

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I have a few pictures to share.

To start with, here's TOBY (Boston Terrier), sitting in a wicker chair in the screen room.

Coleus

Outdoor succulent, blooms close at night. Does anyone have an idea what it is?

Coleus

African violet

Deb

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

So many things going on here to respond to and so little time !! UGGGG.
    I'll start at the bottom and work up.
    Deb, love your pup. Once years ago DH went to get me a boston terrier and came home with a great dane. LOL What a shock. She grew up with my grandson and was a terrific dog but she sure was not what I was expecting.
    Your suculent is in the portulaca family and yes the flowers will close at night and often on cloudy days too.
    Love those coleus, esp the top one.
    Remy, glad to hear you are healing and getting ready to go back to work. Good luck on the sweet potatoes. They look very lush and healthy. A special thanks for the seeds. I very nice surprize. I'll get them going next week.
    Shirley and Maureen, your flowers are just beautiful. I don't have anything blooming now except some cannas. I'm in the same general area as Earthly and the heat just got to everything this summer. Summer was too hot but also too short.
    Everyone take care. I've got a really busy week comeing up. BB

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Certainly not enough time to comment on each and every amazing photo!!! I'm envious of all the GORGEOUS flowers you ladies have! And I think all us dog owners should agree on a playdate for the pups. Preferably a yard without flowers to trample. ;)

The weather has finally cooled down enough in the morning hours that I can go and plant some new flowers into the beds. The heat and humidity was TOO MUCH! At last we have some cool mornings! One day I have to post my photos here.

Going to go check out the September Swap thread.

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Everyone is posting such fabulous pictures!

I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me id this plant. I found it while I was cleaning out an overgrown section of my yard. Any ideas? It's only about 9" tall and the flowers are true red not washed out like in the picture.

{{gwi:1297053}}

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Deb,
    Nice photos of the plants, but what a great pic of your Toby!
    Beth,
    Glad the seeds came,I wanted to surprise you, and I didn't even know it was your birthday when I mailed them.
    Luna,
    Interesting find! I haven't a clue what it is.
    Remy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Where is everyone??? Out working in your gardens? Or, like Susie, out camping in this great weather? Sounds like a terrific idea.
    Not much blooming in my garden nowso, so I'll share pics of some of the stuff in pots. These are some mini suculents in a terra cotta planter and a close up of the bloom.

p://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/bethb4/?action=view¤t=juneflowers2006083.jpg"; target="_blank">

OH Geesh, can't figure how/ why I got that blossom in there twice but afraid if I try to take it out I'll loose tha whole thing. The bloom is Bertram Anderson and the pot contains, B.A. diablo, and tricolor
    Susie, wonder if your Vera Johnson might be Vera Jameson?
    Maybe in the early spring we can trade some suculents. I'm developing more of an appreciation for how well they do in the hot dry summers. How can someplace be both humid as a sauna and have soil dry as a bone???? Sure does seem strange.
    Hope everyone has a terrific weekend. BB

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth
    I think you just maybe right about the vera johnson being a vera jameson :)) I lost the tag & only rember it was vera j????? but it looks like your top picture.
    mine grows in a clump & a slow grower, or could it be
    I just don't feed it enough ??? :))

I don't get into succulants much for I don't have the
    time to water alot :))
    well it is a very cool day today so I went out to the camp site to eat with the brothes ,sisters, in-lawa out-laws, nieces & nephews great N&N , THERE WERE over 30 of us from all over michigan :))
    I had Know idea that our family had gotten so big :)))
    we had ribs ,chicken, steaks ,hamburger, grilled corn & potatoes ,
    6 types of salads , 7 cakes, brownie, 9 pies , 6 loafs of fresh baked breads, home made pickles & beets , what a feast , it is still going on I had to come home to get warmmer cloths on & feed my babies :)) got to go back out
    so I can be a driver for some who will not be going home tonight :))) . to stuffed to drive :)))

this is a weekend the park managers will not forget :))
    the guys have 5 grills going & even half the camp was at the bomb fire last night :)) .

anyway as promised here is an up date on my babies they are growing .

{{gwi:1297060}}

also wanted to share my $3.00 BIG LOT SPECIAL pink flamingo with you.

{{gwi:1297061}}

BETTER GET MY DUDS ON gEE YOU WOULD THINK ITS WINTER OUT THERE TODAY :((

have a great night all back tomorrow :))

susie

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Susie,
    WOW, have they grown! I can't believe how big they are, in just a few weeks! I wish I lived closer, 2 of them would of had a really great home!

Deb

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well it is another very cool day & cloudy but that won't stop any of them from finding something to do :))
    just waiting for my cassarole to bake & going out to the lake soon .

yes my babies are growing fast
    they are all very cuddly they know when it is feeding time :)) the 3 greys still have more feathers coming in
    & you can still see some of their downy :)
    you cannot tell at this point if they are males or females. but that is ok as long as they are very gentle
    & love to cuddle :))
    or be a good companion for someone good to them :))

well time to get around here so have a great day all .
    susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Beth,
    I just picked up a Sedum that looks something like your Bertram Anderson. It was out in the country at house with a $1 perennials sign. It was not tagged, and of course everything else seemed to have a tag, lol. The mother was not home, so I took it un-named from the daughter. For $1 it is mighty pretty!
    Susie,
    Those birds are growing fast! Gary made me a Rhubarb Custard pie today, very good. I still haven't made the Tomato pie, but I will.

Here's a few pics from my garden today.
    This is part of my driveway border. Things are starting to perk up and bloom good now that the heat has been gone awhile.

This is of my datura(unfortunately the white got washed out) and a little bellflower under the Wisteria Tree. The Wisteria Tree isn't really a tree yet, but it is getting there. I just moved the training wire up farther yesterday.

This my Montrose Anemone. It is just starting to bloom. You can see all the buds getting ready to bloom soon.

Here's my Red Hibiscus.

Ok, that's enough for now,lol!
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remy
    great roses :)) I have a pink one like that but with no name :))
    My anemone's didn't grow up at all & I planted many of them this last spring :(( What did I do wrong ???

are you calling your red maple type bush
    a Hybiscus ??? or did the flower get cut out :)) ??
    love the color if you have more save me one or 2 :)).

My white iris is still just blooming away here are another 3-4 opened up this weekend even as cold & rainy as it is :) & it still has a few more buds on it yet to open.
    even though the leaves are dieing off the buds are still budding .

{{gwi:1297065}}

Has anyone a name for these I know but my mind is a blank as to what they are I want to say false snapdragons
    but I think there is another name for them .

{{gwi:1297066}}

also have them in light blue also & a few in white
    love to have more white ones .

{{gwi:1297067}}

and here are just a few last few bloomers :)))

{{gwi:1297069}}

well tonight is that last of all my company this week for everyone heading for home tomorrow :((
    were all having one last night at the lake managers of the campsite are letting us use the club house for it is to cold for out side games :(( .

so I think I better go get my baking done :))
    have a great week all. hope you have better weather :))

susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Susie,
    I don't know why your anemones didn't come back. Maybe too much winter wet? I have my anemone where it gets morning sun and it is an a raised bed, so it is actually on the dry side for shade.
    The hibiscus is hibiscus acetosella 'Red Shield'. I got it from the Botanical Gardens this spring. It is grown for its foliage not its flowers. The flowers(which are not very noticable), if you do get them, are edible. They taste like cranberry! It is not hardy. I have flowers forming now, but I don't know if I'll get seeds before frost. I'm going to attempt to take cuttings to grow in the house over the winter. If I'm successful, I'll send you one in the spring.
    Your purple plant is Obedient Plant isn't it?
    I want some of that blue plant! I'm a sucker for anything blue.

Susan,
    Thanks for the comment on the other thread! Now that I know how to post pictures, I'm going to ask for a new camera for Christmas. Then I can take good pictures next June when all the roses are in bloom.
    Remy

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Many thanks to Sue & Carol for my replacement packages! I appreciate it!

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

your welcome luna :)) sorry I have not posted on this forum for awhile No excuse's ")) .

Someone ask how my new garden Down by the pines turned out well here is the results.
    Please over look the weeds that have grown thanks to all the rain we have had :( .

{{gwi:1297070}}

can anyone tell me the type of daisy these are the bush is about 6ft tall :))

{{gwi:1297071}}

Here are a few of my dahlias still blooming away .
    Don't have the names right here is front of me .

{{gwi:1297072}}

{{gwi:1297073}}

this is one of my roses still in bloom wal-mart $2.00
    special .

{{gwi:1297074}}

they say we are in for some storms & cold weather moving in so many of my flowers will be about gone & it is sad .
    just seems as it went way to fast this year .

anyone in zone 5 ever have any luck leaven their dahlia bulbs in the ground with lots of mulch over them ????

well time to get off here have a great week all
    susie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Everybody, I just wanted to introduce my "new Best friend" Her name is Gracie, as in isn't it amazing that she is alive. She had been struck by a car and left for dead for two days in someone's yard
    She has had surgery on her left rear leg and will get the pins out in three weeks. That is exactly when I will be finished with my job in Cambridge so we will both get to come home together.

She is so sweet. I looked at all the dogs and wanted to take about 6 of them but after spending time with the 4 I liked best, Gracie convinced me she was My Dog.
    I'm going to get her a bed and a crate next weekend.
    Well, I'm excited. I have not had a dog of my own in almost 10 years. I was fortunate to get to dogsit a lot in Alaska but It's not the same as having my own pooch.

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Beth! What an adorable furbaby!!! She looks sooooo sweet. Congratulations on your new addition. :)

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Oh Beth--She has such a sweet face-and I'm sure she is so thankful to have a 'mommy' that will take good care of her-does she like to ride? Alli went everywhere with me- I am glad you have a companion--she will take care of you and be always on your side--and I won't have to think of you being alone!!
    Remy--I would like some rudbeckia--I manage a 30 year old 96 unit apartment complex that has been ignored for years--so I am planting things everywhere I can to 'perk' it up
    Carol has sent me some purple iris and Maureen sent dahlias and daylillies--Beth has been sending seeds every month-from a different swap-so it's starting to look up around here!! Let me know what I need to do!
    Debbya--Toby is such a handsome guy--I am torn between getting another bulldog--or a boston--my house is just too quiet!
    Better get to work
    Jeanette

• lunamoon
    17 years ago

Sue~ Your daisy reminds me of a Boltonia, maybe 'Snowbank'

Beth~ Gracie looks like a wonderful dog! Congratulations on your new addition!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

congrats beth, she's gorgeous (i have a gracie too...sister to lucy....my strange girls) but they've really come around. they are very jealous of the baby. go figure.

sue, your place is great. what a joy it must be to walk your grounds every day.

remy, everything looks marvelous. so much in bloom since i was there in person. i too thought that was a jap map.

deb, i just love that pic of toby. the wicker chair king. too cute.

deb, i love that coleus, i don't have one that looks like that. it's just gorgeous. i'm going to do my best to remember to dig all mine out this year and bring them in. sad thing is there is a greenhouse kit sitting in my garage, has been for quite some time. i'm hoping i can get it built soon, but so far, it doesn't look that way.

be well all, happy blooms
    maryanne

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Beth,
    Gracie looks adorable. I'm sure she is going to be a great pet. I went about 10 years without a dog too! First thing I did when we bought the house was go to the SPCA and get my Lady. She's 16 and a 1/2! I have to take a picture of her.
    Jeanette,
    I'm mailing a box out on Wed., so I can send one out to you too.
    Maryanne,
    August is always the worst. I'm always happy when Sept. comes. But with the phlox and daylilies I planted, hopefully it will be better next year.
    Remy

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth Gracie Looks amazingly gentle.
    I have been wanting to get an older dog I just don't
    have time or patients
    anymore to potty train a young one :))

yes maryanne I love to walk my yard to check out all the new flowers opening & will all the rain & now the cooler weather its all going to disappear & be covered with snow before I know it :(

But this I know there will be many many new sprouts
    next spring from my friends :))

well ladies I want to go dig up a few of my bulbs
    for out oct swap :))
    have a great day . & love the pictures
    keep them coming .
    susie

• klickitat
    17 years ago

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Today I started my fall project. It's the clearing of a large area of the yard that we only recently found out belonged to us. Kinda an 'L' shaped yard. Anyway, I went and took some photos of it then spent 5 hours laboring away to take down a hefty amount of trees and weeds. Just as I'm going to shoot some "in between" shots I notice THERE'S NO DIGITAL CARD IN THE CARD SLOT!!!!! And I so wanted to show the progress of my new project. :(

• skohler
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Need Help :)) anyone tell me what this plant might be
    maybe send me a link as to research the plant .
    I have to go sit with a sick friend for a few hours
    will check back when I get home . about 6pm
    thank you

susie

{{gwi:1297078}}

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Susie,
    That is a wonderful pic of Gentianopsis crinita(Fringed Gentian).
    Remy
    PS I think we need to start a new photo thread. This one is taking to long to load even with DSL!