Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Fotess Sept. Swap: Very Victorian

Posted by sandlapper_rose z7B-8A SC (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 20:00

FOTESS SEPT. SWAP: VERY VICTORIAN

So what to you know about the Victorian era? Gardens, ribbon and lace trimmed items, flower gardens and pressed flowers, crazy quilts with that ever present spider's web, Edwardian cases, fans, lovely handkerchiefs, ladies keeping a diary or journal, an interest in the occult, tea parties, intricate Christmas decorations ... the list goes on and on. Think ornate, elegant, opulent, and overtly feminine
You will get to show the Victorian side of yourself with what you send to your swap partner in September. If you are inclined to upcycle or craft, you can make things to send. If you have seeds that would be used for a garden at that time, add some of those - maybe cottage flowers? Anyone can plan a little tea party to send in a box. In creating this theme, I looked back at two GardenWeb Swaps that took place as long ago as 2006.

Please note: You must be a member of FOTESS in order to participate. If you are not a member and want more information, contact me or Shirley.

Suggestions for the Swap:
Hankies
Diary Journal
Fan
Ornate Brush, Comb, Mirror
Book
Seeds
Ornaments (Christmas or Halloween)
Handmade card
Lace
Garden
Tea time
Ribbon
Spiderweb
"The occult" - works well with Halloween next month
Velvet
Crazy quilts
Doilies
Angels/Cherubs
Kissing balls
Velvet
Valentines

Mail out deadline will be September 20.

If you don't have an idea of Victorian items, you can get ideas online. There is even a catalog that specializes in the Victorian look. Do a search for Victorian crafts or Victorian gardens to get some ideas. Keep it simple in terms of dollars, but keep it special, too! In fact, keep to an estimated $15 on the items you include and less is fine is you are crafting. Your time and effort are equal to monetary amounts with our FOTESS swaps!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Fotess Sept. Swap: Very Victorian

Uh oh. I'm really going to have to think about this one, but sign me up!

o

Now this is one to think about but I love the creativity it inspires! Please sign me up.

o

I've got a lot going on so I think I will sit this one out, but it sounds like fun!

o

Of course, I'll be participating!
I'm also thinking of some games for us to play.
Have a great Labor Day!
Jeanne

o

I will join in - it sounds like fun!

Mandy

o

Would love to join in the fun!

Jayeanne

o

I'm in! Victorian sounds like fun & a challenge.
Today I pulled up sunflowers in the park before they reseed all over the place and I got a picture of this guy. He was feasting on Cosmos...is that a Victorian cottage flower?
 photo 20140901beeoncosmosmunypark2_zpse9d77701.jpg
Heidi

o

What a great picture of the bee! Yes, Heidi, cosmos would be considered a flower used in Victorian gardens.
I found these 3 links today that describe Victorian gardens. Here they are:

http://gundaluss.com/Chapter7.shtml
http://davidcstuart.wordpress.com/some-backlist-articles/victorian-garden-plants-1-flowers/
http://www.lifescript.com/well-being/articles/0/6_tips_for_creating_a_victorian_garden.aspx

Well, it's getting to be time for bed here so I will see everyone tomorrow.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, oh my, another great swap! Yes, I am in on this. I know so little about Victorian stuff. I will get educated...LOL!!!

Carol and Melinda, thinking of you both....prayers.....
I hope you are well.

Happy week to all! Jeanne, you are a real trooper. Two swaps in one month. Thank You!!!!

Annie

o

I'm not in this, but I will tell you some more Victorian things:
African violets, parlor ferns, those little indoor greenhouses and taxidermy animals in the LR. Think of "You Can't Take It With You".

o

This sounds like a fun one, but, I'm going to have to sit this one out. So much going on this month.

See you in October :)
vina

o

Although we have hopes of fall, it's still very hot here. We were thankful for the little bit of rain we got yesterday. The whole summer was green so it is sad to see the trees and grass turning brown - and it's from heat and lack of rain and not because of the approach of autumn. Hoping for more rain ahead!

So far we have the following people signed up:
Jeanne
Erica
Promis
Mandy
Jayeanne
Heidi
Annie

Welcome... and I'm sure some more will join in,

I've been trying to think of some games related to the theme and have come up with one so far. We will play it in a few days: Scrambled Similies.

A Similar is a figure of speech that compares things using the word “like” or “as.” It was a fun Victorian Parlor Game. Think of phrases like “My love is like a red, red rose.” However, to keep from this being a “search the internet” kind of game, we will be having our own version called Scrambled Similes. My saying might be “My love is like a cat on a hot tin roof.”
I will give you the beginning and ending of some similes and you will match them - not as the simile is commonly used, but according to what I have written down on my list of Scrambled Similies. The person who matches the most sayings on my list will be the winner. I’ll try to get this ready in a few days. You do not have to be participating in the swap this month in order to play. You can play as long as you are a member of FOTESS.

I hope to adjust several of the Victorian Parlor Games so we can play them this month. It has been a lot of fun to read what people did for entertainment in their spare time before TV and computers!

Have a great day.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne,

So, the English major in me has to ask... You're an English major, right? When you first posted these themes, I thought "Wow, this should be right up my alley." (When I had to declare my area of emphasis, I had it narrowed down to Victorian or Renaissance Literature -- went with Renaissance). Now that I see your simile game, I'd be really surprised if you weren't an English major, as well.

o

I'm doing well again. Starting physical therapy tomorrow and hope that doesn't put me down too much Cardiologist appt. on Friday, so that will be good I'm sure!
So considering I love, love Victorian stuff I am going to sign up for this one! Not sure what I'll figure out to send, but will start thinking on it! Melinda
Good to see all of you again!

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 3, 14 at 19:59

As fun as this swap sounds, I'm going to sit this one out. We are on the cusp of embarking on crazy. My husband and I are even taking off 2 weeks from work to exclusively focus on house stuff. Looks like we will break ground in about 2 weeks.

Melinda, so nice to see you are feeling better!

Shirley, hope you feel better soon!

Scrambled Similes? Sounds fun.

And now that it has finally cooled off just a bit, I will be sending plants from last month's swap to Peggy soon!

Katie

o

Sorry not to have been on top of things today. I've come down with something so I had a doctor's appointment this morning and then took some medicine and slept for about half of the day. I think it's some type of cold so I should feel a lot better in a day or two. Don't catch it - whatever it is!
I'll try to update things tomorrow.

Sorry, Erica, I was not an English major. In college I started out in Psychology and then switched to Political Science.

It's so good to hear from you, Melinda. I'll be praying that your therapy and doctor's appointments go well.

Katie, that's so exciting about your house!

It's time for me to take more medicine and then I'm heading up to bed. Will be back online tomorrow.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, hope you are feeling better.

I am going to sit this swap out although it is a great idea. I feel I can only handle one swap this month. We are short help at my store so the work load is getting pretty stressful. Some of you may remember one of the gals at the store was diagnosed with nonoperable/noncurable liver cancer so she can no longer work. We just can't seem to get anyone interested in applying. It is a wonderful place to work but the owner won't advertise in the paper or even the window. I did post it on Facebook but no one has come in. With the busy season fast approaching, I am getting concerned.

I hope you all have fun and I will check in on occasion to see what is going on.

Margo

P.S. The date is official for out youngest daughters wedding. They are getting married 9-12-15. Just booked the wedding reception venue so on to the rest. UGH

o

Ahhhh Fall has arrived .... or so it seems... MUCH cooler here this past week... lots of veggies to "put up" so I'll sit this swap out. Sounds like fun, though. Enjoy your September!

o

Our sign ups now include:
Jeanne
Erica
Promise
Mandy
Jayeanne
Heidi
Annie
Melinda

Melinda, so glad to have you join us. i think with this swap we can get our items together before partners are matched. It's not so dependant on who you will send to. I made the sign up kind of long because I thought some people might be on vacation or busy with back to school things, but we are going to start playing games to have fun while we wait!

Scrambled Similes coming up!
Jeanne

o

Here are the SCRAMBLED SIMILIES

We all know how the real similes go: "As blind as a bat" etc. However, for purposes of this game, I have scrambled some similes. To try to win you need to match my scrambled similies, so my list might read, "As snug as a pancake." The internet won't help and you will save time by not having to do any research. The right answer probably doesn't make any sense - it's scrambled and silly. You can also post your answer here because how could anyone cheat?

To guess, just match a number and a letter for how you want to pair the items. Let's try to complete the guessing by Tues. Sept. 9 so we can play more games. By the way, Sept. 9th is Teddy Bear Day. I'll bet there are Victorian Teddy Bears! There will be a prize for the first one to post everything (or the most) to match my list.

1. As easy as
2. The dress fits like
3. She watches me like
4. As busy as
5. As proud as
6. As freah as
7. As cool as
8. As plain as
9. As slow as
10. That boy is as nutty as
11. She can run like
12. Cute as
13. As free as
14. As silly as
15. My love for you is
16. This contract is as
17. As dead as
18. As gentle as
19. I laid down and went out like
20. He smokes like

a. a hawk
b. apple pie
c. a cucumber
d. a kitten
e. a fruitcake
f. a clam
g. bacon and eggs
h. an open highway
i. a chimney
j. the wind
k. molasses
l. an owl
m. deep as the ocean
n. cats and dogs
o. a whistle
p. a house of cards
q. a barrel of monkeys
r. a lamb
s. a fiddle
t. solid as the ground we stand on

Any member of FOTESS can play even if you are not swapping this month.

Jeanne

o

I'm sorry. Going to have to cancel and hate it as much as wanted to do it. Figured up my budget for the month and too many dr. appts and bills. So sorry! Great swap Jeanne!

o

Good times!

Surprisingly, some of these make sense! Here goes:
1H) As easy as an open highway.
2Q) The dress fits like a barrel of monkeys.
3J) She watched me like the wind.
4E) As busy as a fruitcake.
5B) As proud as apple pie.
6D) As fresh as a kitten.
7I) As cool as a chimney.
8R) As plain as a lamb.
9C) As slow as a cucumber.
10P) That boy is as nutty as a house of cards.
11K) She can run like molasses.
12N) Cute as cats and dogs.
13S) As free as a fiddle.
14D) As silly as a kitten.
15T) My love for you is solid as the ground we stand on.
16M) This contract is as deep as the ocean.
17G) As dead as bacon and eggs.
18A) As gentle as a hawk.
19F) I laid down and went out like a clam.
20O) He smokes like a whistle.

o

Okay, here's my best try.
Heidi

1b As easy as apple pie.
2p The dress fits like a house of cards. (I learned weaker than a house of cards.)
3a She watches me like a hawk.
4n As busy as cats and dogs. (I learned busy as a bee.)
5s As proud as a fiddle. (I learned proud as a peacock.)
6f As fresh as a clam. (I learned happy as a clam.)
7c As cool as a cucumber.
8g As plain as bacon and eggs. (I learned Plain Jane.)
9k As slow as molasses.
10e That boy is nuttier than a fruitcake.
11j She can run like the wind.
12d Cute as a kitten. (I learned cute as a button.)
13l As free as an owl. (I learned free as a bird.)
14q As silly as a barrel of monkeys.
15m My love for you is deep as the ocean.
16t This contract is solid as the ground we stand on. (I learned solid as a rock.)
17h As dead as an open highway. (I learned dead as a doornail.)
18r As genle as a lamb.
19o I laid down and went out like a whistle. (I learned went out like a light.)
20l He smokes like a chimney.

o

Okay, here's my best try.
Heidi

1b As easy as apple pie.
2p The dress fits like a house of cards. (I learned weaker than a house of cards.)
3a She watches me like a hawk.
4n As busy as cats and dogs. (I learned busy as a bee.)
5s As proud as a fiddle. (I learned proud as a peacock and fit as a fiddle.)
6f As fresh as a clam. (I learned happy as a clam.)
7c As cool as a cucumber.
8g As plain as bacon and eggs. (I learned Plain Jane.)
9k As slow as molasses.
10e That boy is nuttier than a fruitcake.
11j She can run like the wind.
12d Cute as a kitten. (I learned cute as a button.)
13l As free as an owl. (I learned free as a bird.)
14q As silly as a barrel of monkeys.
15m My love for you is deep as the ocean.
16t This contract is solid as the ground we stand on. (I learned solid as a rock.)
17h As dead as an open highway. (I learned dead as a doornail.)
18r As genle as a lamb.
19o I laid down and went out like a whistle. (I learned went out like a light.)
20l He smokes like a chimney.

o

• Posted by sjc48 5 Michigan (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 6, 14 at 15:12

Hello Everybody!
Jeanne, I had every intention of joining this, it is really a great idea, but I've just come home from 3 days in the hospital and don't know if I'm going to be well enough, or feel well enough to do anything extra this month-Oh my poor gardens!
In any event, I had bacterial pneumonia and I'm feeling much better but not 100%. The only meds I have to take is an antibiotic, but it is tearing me up. I hate medicine. I have to see my doctor early this coming week and will see if he can change it. In any event, just thought I'd better let you know!

Don't worry about the October swap, I've already got it planned and if I need help, I'll surely yell!

Have fun this month, I'll drop by when I can,
Shirley!

o

Oh my, Shirley - I hope you feel much better soon. I don't like to take antibiotics either, but I hope your system gets used to them ... or your doctor can switch you to something else. If you need help with hosting October, just say the word and I can help or be hostess. Maybe someone else would like to take a turn as well for that month.

Anyway, I logged on to say that I am VERY excited about the VERY VICTORIAN Swap. I started planning some of my items today.

Jeanne

o

Sat, Sep 6, 14 at 16:30

Thanks, Jeanne, I had everything planned for this, feel really bad, but don't think my energy or enthusiasm level will be very high for awhile. I will try to post some of my ideas later, in case someone else can use them.

I don't think I've ever taken Antibiotics. I would have remembered this.

Has anybody read anything about Victorian funeral practices? Quite Bizarre!

Later,
Shirley!

o

I'm not a member of FOTESS. How do I join?
NonnaG

o

Oh Shirley! Holy moly!
I will keep you in prayer.
My crazy mother who broke her hip in June and started teaching 4 preschool classes last week from their home moved my grandmother in with them. She is 93 with Alzheimer's. I don't think this was smart. I am stressed out completely, but I have to keep quiet.
Going into work today I tripped in a hole and my ankle is swollen. I hope this is a little sprain and over soon. When I start to feel sorry for myself I'm going to think, "It's not 3 days in the hospital." I'm sure your gardens will miss you, Shirley, but they'll be okay.
I always loved the expression, 'If you want to make God laugh tell him you made a plan.'
Heidi

o

I hope your ankle is okay, Heidi. Hope you are feeling better, Shirley. I image it will take awhile.

NonnaG, I'm sending an e-mail message to you.

Jeanne

o

This is the last day to submit answers if you want to guess for the Scrambled Similies game. I'll post the name of the winner tomorrow. Then I need to think of another game...
I enjoy creating them so just a matter of doing it.
Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow.
Jeanne

o

1. As easy as...apple pie
2. The dress fits like...a house of cards
3. She watches me like... a hawk
4. As busy as...cats and dogs
5. As proud as...an owl
6. As freah as...a clam
7. As cool as...a cucumber
8. As plain as...bacon and eggs
9. As slow as...molasses
10. That boy is as nutty as...a fruitcake
11. She can run like...the wind
12. Cute as...a kitten
13. As free as...an open highway
14. As silly as...a barrel of monkeys
15. My love for you is...deep as the ocean
16. This contract is as...solid as the ground we stand on
17. As dead as...a fiddle
18. As gentle as...a lamb
19. I laid down and went out like...a whistle
20. He smokes like ...a chimney

Jayeanne

o

I'm in on this. I've been thinking Victorian since reading the post. I don't seen to be able to get it out of my mind. So I'm in.

Sorry to hear of the ones that are sick. I have kept you all in my prayers.

To all of you that is making progress and feeling better, keep doing what ever it is you been doing. My prayers are with you.

Shirley, did you get any damage from the storm the other day?

My guesses for the puzzle are:
#1-b
2-p
3-a
4-n
5-s
6-f
7-c
8-g
9-k
10-e
11-j
12-d
13-h
14-q
15-m
16-t
17-o
18-r
19-l
20-i
Sharon
gmom

o

Wed, Sep 10, 14 at 9:20

Good Morning!
Thought I'd better check in and see what's happening. I'm feeling a lot better but I think getting completely well is going to take a long time. And for the record, I'll do anything to keep from going back on the antibiotics!

Sharon, we had some power outages here in town and some minor storm damage. Lately, the worst of the storms have seemed to head north of here, I know Downriver got nailed for real.

Off to start the day - I'm moving very slowly. Thanks for all the get well wishes, Ladies, I'll be back on at some point!
Shirley!

o

How wonderful that you will join in, Sharon!
I am going to check out the Scrambled Similies guesses so I can post the winner and I will have a new game beginning later today as well.

Shirley, take it easy and it sounds like you are doing that. I'm sure it will take time to feel back to normal. I watched the evening news the past few days and lots of places with extremes in the weather. Hope all of you fared okay.

Be back soon!
Jeanne

o

Hey ladies,

So I've tried my hand at Victorian Style and let me say it is more meticulous than I thought at the beginning. Whew, I've put a lot of time into it! Silly ole thing.

I couldn't quiet wrap my brain around the similie game. My youngest had her birthday this week. She's 6 now. She got a new bike and pink remote control car.

Now that the weather is cooling down, I will have to crack open some new paint cans. My kitchen and bedroom are begging for change. I wanted to start with a sledge hammer, but I think paint is the next best plan. hehe

Have a great week FOTESS'ess!
Promise

o

Thanks to all who participated in Scrambled Similies.
Our winner is Erica! Congratulations, Erica. There will be a little prize going out to you as the winner.

I thought some might like to see the way I had these matched on my list so here goes:
1. As easy as an open highway (h)
2. The dress fits like a fiddle (s)
3. She watches me like an owl (l)
4. As busy as apple pie (b)
5. As proud as cats and dogs (n)
6. As fresh as a clam (f)
7. As cool as molasses (k)
8. As plain as a fruitcake (e)
9. As slow as a lamb (r)
10. That boy is as nutty as a barrel of monkeys (q)
11. She can run like a kitten (d)
12. Cute as a cucumber (c)
13. As free as a whistle (o)
14. As silly as a hawk (a)
15. My love for you is as solid as the ground we stand on (t)
16. This contract is as deep as the ocean (m)
17. As dead as a chimney (i)
18. As gentle as a house of cards (p)
19. I laid down and went out like the wind (j)
20. He smokes like bacon and eggs (g)

Erica matched 3 of my scrambled similies. The most anyone else got was 1. Hard game, I guess. Many wanted to use the similie the was they had heard it or leaned it. The directions told you my list was scrambled (... like bacon and eggs, I guess.) Anyway, it was fun and thanks for playing.

Here is Game #2: Victor, Victoria

Working with the Victorian time period (which is called that because of Queen Victoria), you can answer here using True or False and the number of the statement below. List all numbers1-6.

For example if you think #1 is True - just write.
1. True (or T) and so on

For "side of the family" I went back as far as great-great grandparents.

1. Jeanne had someone on her maternal side named Victoria.
2. Jeanne had someone on her paternal side named Victoria.
3. Jeanne had someone on her maternal side named Victor.
4. Jeanne had someone on her paternal side named Victor.
5. Jeanne had someone in her family with the name Victor as a first name and someone with the name Victor as a last name.
6. Jeanne had a someone in her family tree with Victoria as a middle name.

If more than one person gets all of them right, the prize will go to the first person posting who has all of them right. Do any of you have Victor or Victoria used as a name in your family? Just curious...

Jeanne

o

Jeanne,

Awesome about the win. I have to admit that when I started to see other people's postings, I thought I had misunderstood and done the game wrong!

Here are my guesses for the Victor/Victoria game:
1) F
2) F
3) F
4) F
5) T
6) T

o

Weird GW....been having problems logging in and/ or if I log in, I am immediatley logged out. Now, I just posted over on Jeannes's OBF Storybook thread.....I came over here and I was logged out....but I was able to log back on....HHHHHMMMM

Shirley and Heidi, do take care!!!

Erica, congratulations on your Scrambled Similies win.

Now I will take a stab at the Victor/Victoria game....
1.True
2.False
3.False
4.True
5.False
6.True

No Victor or Victoria in my family or my husbands.....Victoria is truly a beautiful name....fit for a Queen!

Off to do some Victorian thinking...and doing!

Happy Wednesday!!

Anne

o

Here are my "guesses"... I don't know any Victoria or Victors in my family tree.

1. TRUE
2.   FALSE
3. FALSE
4. TRUE
5. TRUE
6. TRUE

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon!

Mandy

o

Congrats Erica on the win!

Here are my guesses

1-T
2-T
3-T
4-T
5-T
6-T

Jayeanne

o

Congrats Erica!
Here is my guess.

1. False
2. False
3. False
4. False
5. False
6. True

Promise

o

I forgot to add that if anyone wants to take a guess at Game #2, please do that by the end of the day on Tuesday. Then I hope to fit in one more game for this month.

I have a doctor's appointment this morning, so that's all for now.
Jeanne

o

Our church group studied the meanings of flowers in Victorian days. It was fun.
 photo VictorianFlowerMeanings_zps9a658479.jpg
Shirley sjc we send you a bouquet of Yellow Pansies because we are thinking of you!
Here's my guess for the game.
1. F
2. T
3. F
4. F
5. T
6. F
Heidi

o

Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 20:24

Evening All!
Thanks, Heidi and the Church Group! And Pansies, too, my all time favorite!

Was it the Victorians who used to use gemstones to spell out a sentiment on a bracelet? As in: Ruby for R-, Emeralds for E, Garnets for G, etc. The one I'm remembering spelled out Regards. Kind of neat.

Here are my guesses:
1. T
2. F
3. F
4. T
5. T
6. F

Have a great day tomorrow,
Shirley!

This post was edited by sjc48 on Thu, Sep 11, 14 at 21:42

o

Happy to see the guesses and I don't know about the origin of the meaning of the gemstones for sure, but I think some of the meanings associated with them go back to very early times, maybe even B.C.

So happy to see some guesses. I'd better start making whatever I decide on for this swap in the next few days. I have been working on ideas, but only in my mind so far.

I had a doctor's appointment today. It turns out my family doctor who I have seen for almost 40 years is retiring so they set me up to see the new doctor in the office. A bit awkward right now because my usual doctor would remember the background of what I was seen for in prior visits, etc. I had to back up to May 2013 with this one and kind of fill him in!

I hadn't thought about how I would match partners for this swap. I think to save time and since Saturday is almost here, I will just select names from some slips of paper I have folded and do it that way. Hope that works for everyone.

Nighty Night!
Jeanne

o

A belated Happy Birthday to your daughter, Promise. Oh, I had such fun planning birthday parties for mine when they were around that age.

We just finished our first round of thunderstorms rolling through the area. The thunder was really loud and shaking the house. It really scared my dog. She was wimpering and didn't know what to do with herself. This is the second dog that we've had who is really afraid of thunder. Has anyone tried the thundershirts? I've had several people suggest that to me.

While I can post, I'm posting the names of those I have signed up for the swap so I can be sure not to make any mistakes when I draw and post names tomorrow. I have these members on my list:
Jeanne
Erica
Promise
Mandy
Jayeanne
Heidi
Annie
Sharon (gmom)

Melinda had to drop out.
I think all of this is right. Now if our power will stay on, I'm going to work on my swap items for awhile.

If anyone decides to sign up "last minute", you have until the end of the day today.
Jeanne

o

Before you spend money on a thundershirt, try a regular T-shirt tied on snug.

Mary E. not in this fun swap

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 22:02

Hi Ladies, just stopping by to say hi. Also, Peggy got her box o plants from last month's swap, safe and sound. Yay!

I had never heard of "thundershirts" before, although my dog was afraid of thunder too, back when he could still hear. This concept totally reminds me of Temple Grandin and her "hug machine." She is a fascinating woman. If you want to read more about it, here is a link:
Temple Grandin - Calming Effects of Deep Touch Pressure

Shirley, Heidi, Melinda -- be well! Heidi, I saw your ankle photo on FB. Super OUCH

While I'm here, I will join the Victor/Victoria game
1. F
2. F
3. T
4. F
5. F
6. T

Btw, "Victor Victoria" is one of my favorite movies!!

Katie

This post was edited by kchd on Fri, Sep 12, 14 at 22:03

o

I've decided no one new will sign up this late in the day.

Here are the swap partners for Very Victorian:

Jeanne and Sharon are swap partners.
Mandy and Erica are swap partners.
Heidi and Annie are swap partners.
Jayeanne and Promise are swap partners.

Have fun, everyone. If you need an address, you should be able to get it from your swap partner... if you don't hear back soon enough, check with me.
Please do not list addresses here on the thread.
Use e-mail instead. I know some don't mind their mailing address being posted, but others do. Thanks so much.

Happy Saturday!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne, YES, I remember! It was such fun. I don't know that I ever got things I didn't like. My mind was always looking for things to make for the swap. I do miss it. I have seen Dan on here a few times. But I am not on much. Just getting back into this site and didn't realize how much I missed it.

I do love the trading.

Do you have any comfrey? I just read a post for making your own fertilizer with it. Maybe it will help my plants.

We just trashed all our cardboard out of the garage and don't have any boxes. We do have some Amazon orders coming this week so will send soon after.

Have a great week
Sharon

o

I've been working on my Very Victorian Swap Package today. Don't be too impressed - I have another swap package to make for the other GardenWeb swap and I have to make an item for my quilt guild's silent auction on Tuesday. I left too much for all at once.

I hope everyone had a good day.
Jeanne

o

We have another prize winner! I realized everyone had already taken a guess at the Victor-Victoria Game.
Heidi is our winner with 5 out of 6 right.
Super win, Heid!

I will mail out the prizes for Erica and Heidi soon.
Thanks to everyone who played the games.

As for the answers to Victor-Victoria:

1. Jeanne had someone on her maternal side named Victoria.
I did not.
2. Jeanne had someone on her paternal side named Victoria.
Yes, my grandmother. I think it's a beautiful name!
3. Jeanne had someone on her maternal side named Victor.
Yes - two acutuallly: I had a cousin with the first name Victor and my great grandfather had the last name Victor so that was a married and maiden names for others in the family.
4. Jeanne had someone on her paternal side named Victor.
No
5. Jeanne had someone in her family with the name Victor as a first name and someone with the name Victor as a last name.
(Yes, see #3)
6. Jeanne had a someone in her family tree with Victoria as a middle name.
(No - at least not that I know of!)

Do any of you research family history? I have done that for years and years and love genealogy. However, it always seems to be in bits and pieces because I do it for awhile and then get distracted by some other things, but I always come back to do more later on. It's a whole new world for doing research with so much online these days!

Off to get a few things done around here.
I can't wait to see what is sent in the packages. Please list the items you receive because we are all excited to hear about them!

Jeanne

o

Heidi,

Congratulations! That's amazing how many you got right! Are you sure you're not related to Jeanne? =P

Mandy,

I shipped your package today. Here's the tracking number: 9114901189866360840394

This post was edited by EricaBraun on Mon, Sep 15, 14 at 14:10

o

Heidi - congrats on your win!

Erica - wow - you are on top of it! I will be getting yours in the mail on Saturday.

Mandy

o

Just a late evening check in:

Sharon, my husband will be mailing your swap package tomorrow and Heidi's game prize as well. Erica, I hope it's okay - I will add your game prize the the OBF Swap package when I mail it. I have my ideas together for that swap, but I still need "to make the magic happen." Well, you know what I mean.

I don't know what Victorians may have said before going to bed, so I'll just say "Good Night."
Jeanne

o

Jeanne,

Sounds great! No reason to mail those separately.

o

Congrats Heidi on the win! =)

Promise - I am still waiting on an item to come in that i ordered I thought it would have been here by now, as soon as it arrives I will be mailing your box.... I will post again when I mail it for you.

Jayeanne

o

Hello Ladies! I am honored to have won the contest and so am sending a bouquet of iris, which tips off that the bouquet is a message, white bellflowers for gratitude, amaranth for affection and a sprig of spearmint for warm feelings.
Annie, your package went out on Monday. I'm just a little too practical for true Victorian-ism. I sent something that is fun and you can use (I hope).
The closest our family gets to the Victor/Victoria name is when we spell our name out loud (which is often). R, E, V as in Victor, E, L, O.
I think I lean more toward redneck than Victorian. I need a bit more polish for sure! Ta ta, ladies and good day!
Heidi

o

Erica -

Thank you very much for the lovely package! I'll post pics later, but the package was very Victorian and perfect for this swap!

The package included a cool boot (heeled ladies boot) vase with a purple bow, an interesting book with a Victorian theme, stickers and a bookmark, and flower seeds. I'm looking forward to reading the book and starting those seeds! Thank you! I have most of your package put together and I'll be mailing on Saturday!

Mandy

o

Mandy, that sounds like a wonderful package... and Very Victorian!
Jeanne

o

Heidi, thanks so much for the Victorian fun you sent my way.

I received.....
* a lovley note
* a Victorian Garden In A Card made by Heidi.....a perfect description of what a proper Victorian Garden should look like and some of the flowers that might be in it....and including the meaning of each Victorian Flower...
example...Cosmos, Joy in Love and Life.....Purple Coneflower, Strength and health.....Sunflower, False Riches.
Also included in the Victorian Garden In A Card were several very victorian seed packets. And the seed packets were made by Miss Heidi.
*Cosmos Sensation
*Oxeye Daisy
*Marigold Double Orange
*Siberian Wallflower
*Coneflower Echinacea
*Flax
*Sunflower Soraya
*Daylily Red and Yellow
GREAT SELECTION!!!!
*Four Magnets...they look like clear glass....very victorian! Attached to the magnets were two packets of Bachelor Buttons.....very romantic!

Absoloutley wonderful and "Very Victorian"!!! Thanks so much Heidi!!

I am planning on sending your Victorian package out Monday or Tuesday. I am behind the times...LOL...sorry about the delay!

Happy Friday!

Annie

o

Packages received so far:
Mandy has received from Erica
Annie has received from Heidi.

The packages sound wonderful!
Anyone who follows the world of quilting will probably recognize the name Marianne Fons. Marianne and her daughter Mary will be in Columbia for a program relating to Quilts of Valor so that's where I'll be tomorrow. Sure sounds like fun!

Jeanne

o

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I had a really nice time at the Marianne Fons and Mary Fons Quilts of Valor event yesterday. I even won a door prize and it was so nice to see some of the combat veterans receive their Quilts of Valor. It's always nice to spend a day with quilting friends!

Sharon, have you received your package from me? My husband mailed it several days ago and I would have expected it to be there by now. I'll have to look for the post office receipt and find the tracking number.

Shirley, if you stop in let us know how you are doing? I have been thinking of you.

Well, I have quite a few things to do around here so that will be all for now. Enjoy the day!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne....the Quilts Of Valor event....what a wonderful time you must have had.

Shirley, I do hope you are feeling good...great? Do take care.

Heidi, Your Very Victorian (LOL) package is off to the PO tomorrow night (Monday night). Going Priority, so you should receive, hopefully Thursday!

Hope all the Fotessers are doing well....

Annie

o

Mandy!!!!

I seen Red Arrow and my jaw dropped!!!! I grew up in Mattawan. How's Paw Paw these days? Can you get a hold of some grape seeds? Y'all should be about to have the grape festival. That was always fun.

Promise

o

Good morning. I e-mailed the updated membership list to all of our members so I hope it arrives okay for you. Let me know if you find any errors.

I've been to the doctor several times in the last week or two with stomach and digestive related issues so I'm hoping that will settle down in a few weeks. Never had these kind of problems before so it's new to me and I don't know how long the medications will take before I see lots of improvement. Hopefully it's a matter of weeks and not months! It's so frustrating not to feel well.

Erica, I have your swap package together for the OBF Storybook Swap and will add your gift prize to that package.

Now, let's see where we are with packages sent and received.
Jeanne sends to Sharon (mailed and shows having been received on Fri.)
Sharon sends to Jeanne.
Mandy sends to Erica
Erica sends to Mandy.- Received
Heidi sends to Annie - Received
Annie sends to Heidi - Mailing on Monday (today)
Jayeanne sends to Promise
Promise sends to Jayeanne.

I hope I got that right. If not, just let me know.
Have a great day!
Jeanne

o

Happy Monday!

Promise - I mailed out your box today.... have tracking if needed, cant wait for you to get your "Very Victorian" goodies =) I do hope you are able to get a photo to share with the rest of the ladies =)

Jayeanne

o

Jeannie, I do have my package and have not looked at it yet. I had Ron check the package for any live plants. But I didn't want your package to influence what I could put in yours. But yours is packed now and ready to mail when we go to town. Hopefully on Tuesday. It did arrive on Friday. Will post a picture later. Thank You!~
I have been busy making a quilt for a friend. Just found out she has cancer. 2 types, a tumor and a mass on the brain. She is in need of lots of prayers. Her quilt is a flower garden within a white picket fence. I'll post a picture when finished. I take it to church and friends and they sign get well wishes in the picket fence. It's taking longer than I thought.
gmom

o

I received my package from Mandy today. It had a lovely tea party inside -- Victorian-style cups and saucers, homemade scones (omg yum! Hubby and I gobbled those right up), tea, bookmarks, postcard, information about Victorian plants, and a wonderful array of seeds!

o

I received my prize for the Victor/Victorian game! It's a cute little notepad. Perfect! I love it and I'll definitely use it. I wonder how the Pioneers survived without notepads, post-it notes and spiral notebooks!
Heidi

o

Mon, Sep 22, 14 at 20:37

Evening, Everyone!

I'm doing well, feeling lots better, but again, I think this is going to be a long process. Finished those wretched antibiotics, which accounts for most of the "well feelings". And I went back to work last Wednesday.

Love reading about the Victorian packages that have been received, very creative, Ladies!

Mandy, a grape festival in Paw Paw? Could you give some more info please? Have never heard of it. But I just bought some more plant markers from Everlast. Great company, with good service.

Got lots done outside this weekend, my Mom's Memorial Iris Garden is FINALLY in the right bed, fully transplanted, re-planted and ready for winter. Can't wait to see what it looks like next spring. My Mom's name was Alma, and would you believe I found an Iris, at Schriener's, called "Ask Alma"?! Very pleased with that!

Jeanne, I got the new membership list, thank you!

Heidi, maybe they wrote on birch bark, like the native Americans. Just a thought.

Well, off to get ready for bed. I'll be posting the October FOTESS swap in a week or so. Hope to see lots of our members joining in.

Shirley!

o

Shirley, so happy you are feeling better!!!!!

Heidi, I wonder if the Pilgrims simply remembered everything that was essential to their lives, to survive. Could it be that they handled/remembered the important matters and did not waste their brain time on the trivial stuff?????

And Heidi, your package did not depart last evening as planned. The machine was busted...thus it will head out this afternoon. I will post tracking info tonight or in the morning. Sorry about the delay!!

Looking forward to October FOTESS.....oh what will Shirley have in store for us?

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

o

Promise - yes, Paw Paw is lovely this time of year. They decided to create new bike lanes and paint them purple, which is kind of unique. Grape fest was actually a couple of weekends ago - it's always a lot of fun. They do a grape stomp contest, they have several bands, they do wine tastings at the wineries, they have a carnival and craft fair each year - I always try to go! I made it for a few hours this year.

I'm not sure about grape seeds, but I'll see.

Jeanne & Shirley - I hope you both feel better soon!

Mandy

o

Jeanne your box went out today. Should arrive on Friday. If you need the # just let me know. My box is just beautiful. Thank You! I'm trying to post a picture. But I don't know how.
gmom
Sharon

o

Glad you liked your package, Sharon. I took a picture before I packed it so I'll post it for you. (It helps me to remember what I sent!)
Jeanne

o

Paw Paw, MI has a grape fest....how fun!!! Are the wines good? Is there a certain grape that grows well in that area?? I need to read about the wineries in MI. Next time I load up on vino at Trader Jo's or Bev Mo, I will have to check out Michigan wines.

Sharon, prayers for your friend. The quilt you are making sounds beautiful. And friends sign the picket fence on the quilt. That is lovely...............

Heidi, "Very Victorian" hit the PO yesterday afternoon. It should arrive Thursday or Friday.

Your tracking # 9114 9012 3080 3969 0923 69

Enjoy your day!!

Annie

o

If anyone's done a trade with becki25msmolly, please send me an email. Thanks!

o

Annie - Welsh's is in Lawton, the next town over. They pride themselves on their Concord Grapes. They are delicious!!! St. Julian Winery is in Paw Paw, Michigan. It is the oldest winery in Michigan, since 1936.

Jayeanne!!!!!! Be still my heart!!!!! That was one fantastic, fantastic package! Your tracking number is 9114999944313019445340. Expected delivery is Friday. 9/26/14. I will do a different post to rave about this package you sent.

This post was edited by pmb2005 on Wed, Sep 24, 14 at 22:49

o

Jayeanne sent me a very thoughtful package. The contents of this package are:

Tea beyond blooming teapot to brew loose leaf tea or natural tea leaves/flowers (This thing is awesome, I promise to post a pictures of the tea blooming)
It came with 2 flavors of tea blooms.
-Pink Peony: Premium Silver Needle Green Tea, Peony.
-Fairy Melody: Premium Silver Needle Green Tea, Jasmine, Marigold and Globe Amaranth.
I can not wait to try this!!!! I will run over to my neighbors house and enjoy this little masterpiece with her and of course take pictures!

Very Victorian Card
Seeds!
-Heirloom tomatoes - Summerfeast (DH snatched this out of my hands!)
-Butterfly Asclepias Bright Wings
-Honey Scented Alyssum Summer Peaches
-Fragrant Sweet Peas April in Paris
-Pan Pacific Greens Renees Stirfry Mix

The most HEAVENLY milk chocolate carmel brownie I've ever tasted!!!

Daylilies:
Raspberry Tonic Daylily
Victorian Lace Daylily

Jayeanne - These are so beautiful and perfect. They are exactly like the ones I've been eyeballing!!! I love the pink and green center of the raspberry and I love, Love, LOVE that lacey outter petal on the Victorian Lace.

Thank you so very much Jayeanne. :) You've made me day. Can you see me glowing from there?

Promise

This post was edited by pmb2005 on Wed, Sep 24, 14 at 22:50

o

The Victorian folks would have been very jealous of us receiving these wonderful packages!

Updating the list:
Jeanne sends to Sharon - Received
Sharon sends to Jeanne - Sent
Mandy sends to Erica
Annie sends to Heidi - Sent
Jayeanne sends to Promise - Received
Promise sends to Jayeanne.

Hope I got them all. Will "see you" tomorrow!
Jeanne

o

Jeanne - I received my pack from Mandy.

o

Promise =)

Soooo happy you are happy with your package =) Yes I could see you glowing all the way over here, LOL. I had a lot of fun putting that together for you =)

Jayeanne

o

Jeanne - Jayeanne's package went out today. It's expected on Friday. Tracking no. 9114999944313019445340.

o

Tea with my neighbor. I love her cups! This was a very fancy occasion. Thank you again Jayeanne!

This post was edited by pmb2005 on Thu, Sep 25, 14 at 8:12

o

Here is the tea blooming! This is the Fairy Melody.

o

Promise your daughters must have been tickled to see two packages come this week!

o

The girls have been enjoying our Swaps. My oldest Anna and I visited a neighbors garden the other day and my neighbor was very impressed how much my 9 year old knew about plants. I'm glad I can pass this legacy to my daughters.

o

Promise - amazing photos! Your neighbors tea cups are beautiful! that blooming fairy melody is so neat! thanks for including us in your cup of tea =) I bet your neighbor was ecstatic. So glad you liked your package! =)

Jayeanne

o

This is the Tropicana, hand me down rose, I acquired this summer. It's the most fragrant rose. Oh I just love it!!! Had to share with you.

o

Promise -- Love the rose and that very cool looking tea! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

o

Oh my, a for real tea party! How lovely!!!!

Promise, thanks for the wine/grape info!!

And Jeanne, I forgot to mention...I did receive the updated FOTESS membership list. Thanks!

Annie

o

I received my package from Sharon today. Thanks so much, Sharon - perfect Very Victorian items.

Sharon sent a lavender scahet, several kinds of tea bags (some of my favorites), a lacy looking crocheted bookmark (and I do love to read), a little teapot shaped holder for used teabags once you take them out of the cup, a pin with flowers that says, "This is the day the Lord has made" and a sewing kit - I think Sharon must have made this as well as the bookmark. The sewing kit is also beautiful with an appliqued basket of flowers on the front and blanket stitching around the edges. This will be so handy when I stitch down quilt bindings or sew on buttons, etc. It's very special l! I'll try to take a picture tomorrow.

I love seeing the blooming tea, Promise. How fun is that!

Updating the list:
Sharon sends to Jeanne - Received
Mandy sends to Erica - Received
Promise sends to Jayeanne.- Sent

Thanks, everyone, for being so good about posting when you mail and receive.

Jeanne

o

What lovely packages and that blooming tea pot is amazing!

I promised a picture of my box contents, and here it is! Thank you again Erica!

Mandy

o

I did receive my updated mailing list. No mistake with my addy.
Glad you liked your box.
gmom
Sharon

o

Promise - thank you so much for the very thoughtful made with love Very Victorian Tea party! This box was decorated so beautifully that I hated to tear it apart... teas and roses lining the inside box flaps....absolutely loved it...You made my heart melt....

Im gonna go ahead and list what you listed on your sweet note and then Ill share some photos....please dont worry about the photos... I am gonna ask DH to try and look at this and see what he can do =)

Inside this Very Victorian box was.....

**A very beautiful rosebud (Red) - Pure and lovely...smells heavenly

**African Violet - Modesty ..... You know my grandmother who is now passed, used to have African violets and I remember as a child always looking at those when I would visit her with my mother. Brings back such good memories =)

**Seeds...wow! She also included the following Victorian meanings for them.

Bells of Ireland - Good Luck
Chamomile/Golden Marguerite/Anthem - Energy in Action
Coreopsis - Always Cheerful
Dahlias - Dignity and Elegance, forever thine
Lily yellow - Im walking on air, false, gay, gratitude
Lupine - Imagination
Mallow - Delicate Beauty Sweetness
Marjoram - Joy Happiness
Poppy Red - Pleasure
Sunflower - velvet Queen
Lobelia - Crystal Palace
California Poppy - Mission bells mixed

**She also included quite the selection of tea! I love tea! and now how will I ever choose which one to try first? =)

- Black Tea ...one of my favorites
- Apple Cinnamon...wow
-Hibiscus Mint ....sounds yummy!
-Box of assorted fruit teas...very interesting as Ive never tried these
-Box of assorted herbal teas....love these!

**Also included such a beautiful handmade Very Victorian fan!

** some very Victorian stickers as well .....

Thank you so much Promise...I think its time for a tea.

Jayeanne

o

Very Victorian ....

thank you Promise

Jayeanne

o

Unfortunately this didn't make it in one piece....

Jayeanne

o

I thought maybe DH could work his magic but now Im not so sure....I do have the top of this (see in above photo) that I will keep with my tea....

Jayeanne

o

*sniffle* I am so sorry :( I hope the plants make it.

o

I was happy to see pictures when I logged on - which reminds me that I need to take a picture of the items that Sharon sent to me. So sad that the lovely little teapot broke. The Victorian fan is beautiful - love it!

Updating the list:
Promise sends to Jayeanne.- Received

Looks like we are close to finishing up the month.
This has been lots of fun!
Jeanne

This post was edited by sandlapper_rose on Sat, Sep 27, 14 at 10:44

o

Oh, what a shame about the teapot. Promise, what is your "recipe" for the teapot.....how did you do what you did?

These "Very Victorian" packages have been fantastic!!

I just checked on Heidi's package. It was delivered yesterday.

Thank you Jeanne for this "Very Victorian" month of September. Aboloutley loved this......

Annie

o

A photo of my package from Sharon!
Jeanne

o

photo photoVictorianSwap_zps48988030.jpg
My Very Victorian came today! What fun! (Pinky is in the correct position.)
As you can see, I received a crocheted hat (did you make that yourself?), Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with aloe vera. A lovely angel ornament that says "Heart of Gold", deluxe mixed nuts, soap angel (in chiffon pouch) that smells heavenly, gold foil wrapped Almond Roca candies and...
1 Tblspn worm castings
Vibrant Color Zinnia seeds from Ferry Morse
Butterfly Zinnias Cha-Cha-Cha from Renee's Garden
Slenderette Bush Bean
Snow Pea
Tomato-Break O'Day
Cosmos-Fizzy Rose

I received it yesterday, but I held onto it. My daughter, who is modeling the lovely hat Annie sent me, had 3 friends overnight. Then we went to the little airport and they got to ride a small plane and a helicopter and have breakfast. So now that the teenagers are gone I'm diving into my treat bag! Oh what fun! Thank you so much. I love every bit of it.
This summer I told myself I didn't need to save so many seeds. Calm down. Nobody cares that much. It's just hard to stop. They are taking over my work area, but who can throw away a seed?
Heidi
 photo photoAshleywhat_zps4e9685b4.jpg

o

I am sad to see that broken teapot with the roses. Might there be the start of a garden mosaic made with those pieces? Garden steppine stone or covered terra cotta pot?

Mary E. (not in this fun, fun swap)

o

Mary, I was thinking the same thing. If it can't be fixed, than a "mosaic something" would be beautiful.

Heidi, I know that you crochet. You will "recognize" my many mistakes. I learned crochet maybe 24 years ago, did not do it for a few years and then got back in to it back in January. I started doing caps.beenies for NICU babies, chemo patients and veterans and NICU baby blankets as well. I would not call your hat Victorian but the colors fit the bill......LOL! I felt the need to make your brim extra frilly....kind of fun!!

Did you find the english toffee recipe enclosed? Try it.....tasty stuff!

Happy weekend!

Annie

o

Promise... how creative you are! What a transformation! I just think this teapot is so beautiful- Ive decided to try and create something like this with it...It was the thought that counts and I feel bad now for posting about it breaking. I am not upset at all about it... but here is what Ive got in mind for it =) Ill be sure to post the after photos for you =)

Thanks Mary and Annie for the clever idea! I love to reuse and recycle so this is perfect....

Jayeanne

o

Annie - The teapot was painted and I used adhesive decals I printed and I put a clear coat over that. I wish I could say I painted those roses, but I didn't. The rest I painted and it shows. I just wondered if I could take a plain, boring tea pot and put Victorian life into it, without having the hand of Monet!

Jayeanne - I feel awful I didn't package the teapot better. After seeing how your teapot was packaged and made it, I'd do it all differently. The teapot would have made a wonderful planter. I promise I will make it up to you Jayeanne. The gift you sent just brightened up my world. The broken pot with succulents is very nice. Might I recommend the gel superglue at the Dollar Tree. Oddly enough, that glue fixed our kitchen sink faucet handle. That baby gets some abuse.

Shirley - You're in my prayers for your surgery and quick recovery.

Mary - The girls and I went to a horse show tonight. Our friend was showing her horse and gave the girls horse rides. I have pictures, but technology is impeding on my sharing it with you right now. Will post later.

God bless you my gardening friends!

o

Jayeanne...great idea!! Succulents do have a way of showing up in very unique spaces...LOL!! And it always works!!

Promise...I need to turn a teapot in to a work of art like you did!! Thanks!

Happy Sunday!

Annie

o

Jayeanne,

I can't stop looking at that awesome succulent pot you posted. What an amazing way to repurpose broken pots. Is that one from your garden? However did that planting is hugely creative... and I'm normally not even a succulent fan.

o

Promise....Seriously please do not worry or fret any more over the beautiful teapot....It was meant to be like this and so now I will transform it again =) I love succulents and will try and use the imagination to come up with something unique for this. Picked up some cactus soil over the weekend ...now time for me to use my thinking cap =) Thanks Annie and Erica... Erica that was not my photo but just used it as reference as to how I was going to 'try' and reuse/recycle the beautiful teapot. =)

Jayeanne

o

Heidi received a great swap package!

Updating the list:
Annie sends to Heidi - Received
Promise sends to Jayeanne.- Received

... and we are done!
Thanks for all the fun we had here this month.

Jeanne

o

Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 18:40

Hi Everyone!

Great swap, Jeanne, loved reading about all the great Victorian packages!

I am working long hours this week and coming home, eating dinner and hitting the hay, so I will be posting the "October FOTESS Anniversary Challenge"
on Saturday, when things have slowed down a little. It is going to be a VERY simple swap, a kind of getting back to our roots type of swap! Hope to see lots of you join in!
See you all on Saturday,
Shirley!

o

Today I ordered a replacement for Jayeanne's tea pot that broke in shipping. It will take 3-10 days for shipping and there is not a tracking number that they gave me, but if there are problems I have someone I can contact, so please let me know. Thank you.

o

Today I sent out a Sorry Box to Jayeanne. The tracking number is 9114999944313019446408. Expected Delivery is Wednesday 11/05/14. Just to be clear, there should be 2 packages arriving to Jayeanne. I am sorry the tea pot broke and it took so long for me to make it right.

God bless!!

o

They sent me the other tracking number today. Apparently that one is going through UPS. 1ZW470W1YW03426458

I hope you enjoy your gifts Jayeanne.

Your gardening friend,
Promise

o

Promise, I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the most amazing and thoughtful 'sorry box' you sent my way in replacement of the 'broken teapot'. Thank you so very much for everything you sent. I am just overwhelmed with your generosity and kindness. I absolutely just love everything you sent....everything is perfect and arrived in perfect condition. Thank you so much! ((hugs!)) This really means a lot Promise, thank you.

Included in this wonderful box of gifts.....

* A very beautiful and sweet card
* A super cute snowman tin filled with all kinds of goodies...
* bath and body works hand sanitizer vanilla bean and holder
* blistek medicated lip ointment
* chapstick classic cherry
* Jergens healing hands handcream
* A variety of seeds including.... tomato white cherry, anise hyssop, old fashioned poppies, lumina white pumpkin, squash winter hubbard blue, winter squash queesland blue...so excited to try all of these as they were all on my 'wish' list =)
* 2 beautiful Christmas hand towels
* Vanilla Chai Black Tea - this looks soooo good....
* kleenex to go packs
* beautiful silver angel ornaments (they will look beautiful on my pink and silver tree here soon)
* a package of Lindt Milk Chocolate Truffles...oh yum!
* a very creative sheet of name labels with snowflakes! Perfect, just in time for the holidays!

I am just in awe that you went out of your way to do this for me, it is very much appreciated, and I thank you so very much.

Your garden friend,
Jayeanne

o

Promise -

thank you very much from the bottom of my heart for this beautiful teapot you sent. I rec'd this yesterday and just now have a minute to post a photo. You went above and beyond in sending a 'replacement' for the one that had got broken in our swap. You did not have to do this, I am forever grateful. Thank you so very much. =)

Hugs!
Jayeanne

o

Jayeanne,

You're welcome! I'm glad you are delighted. Tis the season of giving and I'm sorry if it took me too long to send a replacement. Life happened and I am sorry if you thought I wasn't going to make it right. You're a generous friend and I would never do you like that. I hope that the holidays bring you all of your favorite people and moments.

Promise =)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here