Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aug.MnF's: Iris, Daylilies & Hosta's Oh My! Part 2

Posted by smitties 5 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 20:26

I am going to try this again. I already posted the following but in the wrong place. Spent the day cleaning and I am beat. I just went out to put the garage door down and put the kitties in there. A snake fell down off the door!!!! It then slithered into the garage. I have gathered all the cats from outside and they are waiting in the house until I put them outside. I am hoping the snake will leave. My daughter made the comment, "at least it didn't fall on you". Nice one daughter.

My box from Caroline contained the following seeds as well as a book, "The Gardener's Guide to Life" and a dove with a scripture on it. Thanks again Caroline.

Spider lily
Trumpet vine
Magnolia
Tiger Lily
Red hot poker
Touch me nots
Candy tuft
Penny Rose
Aster
Leatherleaf Mahonia
Zinnia
Money Plant
Blue Balloon
Forget me not
Delphinium
Viola
English Daisy

Margo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aug.MnF's: Iris, Daylilies & Hosta's Oh My! Part 2

Happy Sunday!!

WOW We were FULL! Thank you Margo for posting a new thread! So sorry about the snake. Do you know what kind of snake it is? I'm not afraid of snakes, in fact, I just love them. I see them in the garden all the time. And when I was young I had an albino corn snake as a pet. She was beautiful. I guess, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, lol! Okay, so I also love spiders too :)

Your Sprout sounds amazing! Leatherleaf Mahonia I need to look up. Very interesting name.

And, I rec'd my AWESOME PLANT box from dirtpig yesterday. I think this is the BIGGEST box I have ever received, EVER! It was still all taped together. You did an amazing job packing it. I don't have the list in front of me with all that she sent me, but here's a teaser, I'm in HOSTA HEAVEN, lol! I just wanted to thank you and let you know it arrived.

BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY: PRAIRIE MOON
BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY: ALLIGATOR SHOES

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES

PARTNERS for the Plant Group :0) :
flowergirl34 (vina) ~~sends to~~ poisondartfrog (alana)**SENT**
sguanzon (sue) ~~sends to~~ gardenofeden777 (rena)
poisondartfrog (alana) ~~sends to~~ sinbadsmom (kathie)**SENT**REC'D**
helwhhle (wendy) ~~sends to~~ brittneysgran (shirley)
illinoisdoglover (marsha) ~~sends to~~ farmergirl2009 (ellie)**SENT**REC'D**
dirtpig ~~sends to~~ flowergirl34 (vina)**SENT**REC'D**
brittneysgran (shirley) ~~sends to~~ illinoisdoglover (marsha)
farmergirl2009 (ellie) ~~ sends to~~ sguanzon (sue)
gardenofeden777 (rena) ~~sends to~~ helwhhle (wendy)
sinbadsmom (kathie) ~~sends to~~ dirtpig **SENT**REC'D**

PARTNERS for the Sprout Group :0) :
poisondartfrog (alana) ~~sends to~~ dan_the_mailman (dan)**SENT**REC'D**
flowergirl34 (vina) ~~sends to~~ kchd (katie)**SENT**REC'D**
tess1893(caroline) ~~sends to~~ smitties (margo)**SENT**REC'D**
txgardeningmama ~~sends to~~ poisondartfrog (alana)
aquadragonfly ~~sends to~~ canyonwind (annie)
kchd (katie) ~~sends to~~ astroknot (melody)
astroknot (melody) ~~sends to~~ txgardeningmama
moonfire (dianne) ~~sends to~~ flowergirl34 (vina)**SENT**REC'D**
smitties (margo) ~~sends to~~ tess1893(caroline)**SENT**
canyonwind (annie) ~~sends to~~ moonfire (dianne)**SENT**
dan_the_mailman (dan) ~~sends to~~ aquadragonfly **SENT**REC'D**

Has everyone been in contact with their swappers? We only have 1 more week of August, then we are movin' on to September. Who has September?

Talk to you later! Have a super day.
vina

o

PHEW!
I finally have a few minutes to sit down and list all the wonderful things I rec'd in my plant box from dirtpig.

First, let me say that she was so generous, it literally left me speechless. And I'm never speechless :D

In my amazing box was:
Iris: What Again? (WOW! this looks amazing!)
Iris: Singing Angel (woohoo! an iris from the 70's!
Iris: Raspberry Blush (teehee! another iris from the 70's!!! LOVE IT!)
Iris: Chocolate? Is this a no id, and just looks chocolate? I tried to google it and nothing would come up. I was in a no id iris swap a few years ago and rec'd a "chocolate" no id from a lady on the gw. Here's a pic of it. Is this what this is?

Daylily: Little Business (have been wanting FOREVER!)
and Welcome to Hosta Heaven :D
~Hosta: Komodo Dragon (WOOHOO!!)
~Hosta: Tokudama :D
~Hosta: Black Satin :D
~Hosta: Second Wind :D
~Hosta: Kikutti Kifukurin (TEEHEE!)
~Hosta: Sumit UP :D
~And last but not least the awsome Hosta: Color Glory!!!!

Then she also sent me: Jiffy Pellets Refills and the sweetest Garden Angel Terra Cotta sign with a hanger!

HOLY MOLY! This was an amazing box! I was potting everything up when my MIL and a friend of hers showed up yesterday. And didn't they actually TRY to "smuggle" some of those hostas off my back deck. Nice try ladies, didn't happen.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! This was all so generous, and I just love all of it!

Thank you!! :D

OH! and if that is the chocolate iris in question. It is an Intermediate Beard named: John hyb: Ensminger in 1989. :)

Have a great night!
vina

o

Nice box Vina. I have that Iris but it was sent as a gift from a fellow gardener on another site and she never listed the names.

How is everyone doing on Bingo? I only need three more.

I hope no one here is in the line of the hurricane that is forecast to hit land. My son was working on a drill site and they had to pack up and head back home until the all clear. He has been there a week and was to be there for two months total. Now he has to make the 8 hour trek back home for a few days. I am sure he is happy about it though.

Stay safe. Margo

o

Well I'm so happy you liked your box of plants.
And that it held up on the trip.

Yup the would be the iris Chocolate..I didn't realize that is was a no id.Just figured that everyone needs a little chocolate :)Thanks for the infor on it.I too received it from a trade or swap off of garden web.

Thank you for setting up the swap and letting me play.I have forgotten how much fun it is to do this :)

And I still only have 3 bingo words.Was there two list and I missed one.LOL

Happy Gardening Jean/Dirtpig

o

Morning Everyone!

John is a terrific little iris! I'll plant him with his brothers, lol!

Wow! Only 3 words, I'll have to talk to the bingo callers :)

Margo, thankfully he's safe. And he'll probably enjoy the R&R for a little while. Those drill teams are such hard workers! They all need a little rest.

Is anyone close to Margo for Bingo words?

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: PROM NIGHT

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT

flowergirl34 (vina) ~~sends to~~ poisondartfrog (alana)**SENT**
farmergirl2009 (ellie) ~~ sends to~~ sguanzon (sue)

canyonwind (annie) ~~sends to~~ moonfire (dianne)**SENT**

Only a few more days in August. Let's get this month wrapped up :)

Talk to you later!
vina

o

I haven't been really talkative the last couple of days because i've been kinda busy busy busy but I had to get on here and post that I got my Sprout package from Annie today...oh my goodness i am forever excited about it lol...i opened it and seemed like i never reached the bottom of what she had put inside...never knew so much goodies could fit in a bubbly!!! :))))

Thanks super extra bunches Annie for your way extra generosity!! I wasn't expecting near as much and really don't know what to say lol...in the bubbly was candy (i ate a piece before i looked at the seeds lol), peat pellets and seed baggies (oh how i needed those), 2 reblooming iris's ( I had no irises at all so these are my 1st), and gobs of seeds...some of my favorite are the hollyhock (i didn't have that color yet), the cinnamon scented plant used in salads (can't wait to have it in the house as a house plant if it'll work that way, love the smell of cinamon), all the tomatoes (many different varieties and my family eats tomatoes straight off the vine), oh there are just too many seeds to list and wow I didn't have any of them lol

You way outdid yourself Annie...thanks thanks thanks and thanks again!, Dianne

o

Sorry I'm late in posting that I received a Wonderful box from Ellie on Saturday she sent me these beautiful daylilies:

Red Rum
Southern Moon
El Desperado
Just Perfect
Charming Heart
Abstract Art

Thanks so much - I didn't have any of these!

Sue G

o

My package from Vina is here, but I have not had time to open it. Vina always sends wonderful boxes and I will get it opened by bedtime for sure!
I will come back with the details tomorrow.
Thanks Vina!
Alana

o

Caroline has received my box. She left a message in Rates and Reviews so I emailed her suggesting she mention it here as well.

I did not have today's Bingo word so still need three.

Received about an inch of rain today. Woo hoo, now the ground is soft for good weed picking. I also need to get a couple plants in the ground so this will help.

Keep those Bingo words coming. Margo

o

Morning Everyone!

The boxes have been flying :)

Alana, so happy to hear that it made it. It took a little while. I mailed it on Thursday. Was hoping it would make it to you by Saturday. :( I hope everything still looks okay. If anything looks questionable, just let me know I can resend. :)

Dianne, that box sounds terrific! Annie is always full of surprises :D

Sue, I just love Southern Moon! So beautiful!!

I hope Caroline posts here so we can all enjoy her package with her.

And here come the BINGO WORDS :D

THE BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY: FIRE STORM

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM

flowergirl34 (vina) ~~sends to~~ poisondartfrog (alana)**SENT**REC'D**
farmergirl2009 (ellie) ~~ sends to~~ sguanzon (sue)**SENT**REC'D**

canyonwind (annie) ~~sends to~~ moonfire (dianne)**SENT**REC'D**

I hope everyone has been in contact with their prospective swapper. The end of the month is quickly approaching and packages are hopefully flying :)

Have a super Tuesday!
vina

o

Howdy all.
I haven't been on here for a few days, haven't been feeling too swift and other issues going on.
Yesterday was kind of rough, I had an appointment I had to go to and it took longer then I thought it would.
Then we took a short visit to one of our neighbors to take them some garden items because he had a heart attack and is recovering so we were trying to be neighborly.
I came back to finish getting my packages situated to get mailed before my post office closed an well, I am NOT sure HOW I managed to do it but I got Annie's mixed up with another package apparently and her's went out without a DC #...it is on ANOTHER package...I REALLY don't know how I manage sometimes.
I was going to print the postage here so I borrowed a printer from my future D-I-L who assured me works good to go and then when I got everything set-up to print IT RAN OUT OF INK!!!!

Whilst I was packing Annie's packing I was in the middle of having everything on the side of my lap table I use, I needed to get up for a second to grab something else I was planning on putting in it and low and behold RUBY decided it was time to get in the chair I was in she jumped from the couch to the chair and did a spring board leap, landing right smack down on my lap table because I wasn't thinking an left it on the arm of the chair.....well needless to say seed packs landed EVERYWHERE from the see-saw action the lap table received.
Annie, I don't know what you ended up with, I didn't find all the packs.
I am not sure if your package had enough postage on it since I didn't get to print it off myself....if for some reason it either doesn't make it there or I owe you please let me know. I didn't put everything in it I had planned to, after Ruby spring boarded the contents I got frustrated an stuck what seed packs I could find in there.

I am sorry all the way around:for the contents, the postage, and not getting a DC# and anything else I might have screwed up....

On a side note I only need 3 more Bingo words too.
Aqua

o

Aqua :) I'm sure it'll be alright...I don't mean to speak for Annie but we all have those days...hope today is going better for sure...I think it's awesome of you to visit and think about your neighbor when you're in a rush and tired yourself...kindness always comes back and from what I've seen on these sites you've shared plenty of kindness that when it comes back to you it's goin to be amazingly overwhelming in a good way lol...try to take it easy...take care and wishing you well, Dianne

o

• Posted by kchd 7b Mississippi (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 15:18

The Sprouts package I sent to Melody (Astroknot) was delivered yesterday. Yay! I am curious to see what she thinks about the eclectic mix I sent her :)

Katie

o

Hello all! I've been kind of awol lately, ridiculously busy just like everyone else... :)

Yikes how horrible to hear about the snake in your garage Margo! Hope it's not poisonous!

I mailed off Wendy's package today. In case you accidentally delete the message I sent you Wendy thru e-mail here is your DC # again 0310 1230 0001 1960 6803

You already know that I accidentally delete messages, oh my me and that 'delete all' button. I have serious issues with me constantly accidentally including messages I want to keep. On the brite side is that I've usually read them but a lot of times pertinent info cannot be recalled.

I included in Wendy's box 7 Iris and 3 Daylilies.

Bearded Iris Six Pack
Rock Star
Alabama Bound (requested by Wendy)
Mother Earth
Joyce Terry
Black Currant
-Immortality- bonus Healthy but ridiculously little!(I'm hoping this one likes New York cuz it sure doesn't like Louisiana!)

Daylilies El Desperado
Crimson Pirate
Irish Envy

I hope you like your package Wendy! This is the first Gardenweb exchange I've done. It was such fun packing it up!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Oh and BTW I have 6 words. Thanks Vina for the game!

Rena'

o

Marsha - Your box is on its way-delivery confirmation #0312 1430 0003 0732 0012. Hope you like what I sent.

We are getting some much needed rain here. I received an iris shipment and am dying to plant them this afternoon, hopefully the rain will let up long enough to plant them.

Shirley

o

My box from Vina was fantastic!
She included these Iris:
Kiss the Dawn
Enchanted One
Sky Hooks
Gingerbread Man
Coralie
Demi Deuil
Bumblebee Delite
Prissy Miss

Daylilies
Centerpiece
Chinese Pavilion
Screech Owl
Midnight Raider

Hosta
First Frost

Thank you Vina for a wonderful box of plants. You included such a range of types and colors. My favorite? Definitely Iris Gingerbread Man. Love it!
Alana

o

Vina-I just forwarded you an e-mail from gardenofeden (Rena). I don't think she understands how the swap works.
Anyway please help.

Shirley

o

Hi, I was supposed to send plants to helwwhe (Wendy) right? Which I did. And sguanzon (Sue G.) contacted me and told me she was going to send to me this week she was waiting on some things. So then I am covered on both ends right?

Did I accidentally send you the e-mail that was meant for Vina?

helwwhe (Wendy) thought she was to send to me (I guess because I sent to her). I explained that she is to send to brittneysgran (Shirley). But perhaps you should contact her Shirley. She does want to send plants she was just confused as to who to send them to.

Rena'

o

Hi everyone,

Been away from GW for a few days, completely lost track of the deadline for this swap. I just mailed out Txgardeningmama's package today, DC# 0312 0860 0001 3161 2451. So sorry for the tardiness!

I received Katie's package yesterday.

Seeds:

-- Duranta erecta "Golden Dewdrops" (never seen this plant before, you're right Katie! It IS a fascinating specimen!)
-- Euonymous americanus "Strawberry Bush" (another very strange and cool plant)
-- Chenopodium capitatum "Strawberry Spinach" (oooh! really interested to grow this, I'm planting the seeds right away since it's just about the time of year to grow cool season veggies, yay!)
-- "Beam's Yellow Pear" heirloom tomato, from Katie's garden (been wanting to grow a small yellow, will put that on the list for next year's crops)
-- Nasturtium "Hawaiian Mix" (mine are just about done and I was planning on planting more this week, actually...great timing!)
-- Clematis pitcherii (how cute, they look like little purple top hats...hmm, I just need to figure out where to grow them...)
-- Chasmanthium latifolium "Northern Sea Oats" (what a lovely little grass, this actually might be great growing in a pot on my deck, I need to invest in more water-wise plants)
-- Lychnis chalcedonica "Maltese Cross" (love this, seems perfect for containers, and looks like the hummingbirds will love this too)
-- Forget-me-not "Cynoglossum blue" (ooh, would be a great companion to the Maltese Cross, that sky blue against the bright red....
-- Hosta "Blue Mammoth" and "Bressingham Blue" (never grown hostas before, and been meaning to check them out. I can't find any seeds anywhere in my area, though. These look like they'll be great in containers)

Finally, Katie sent me a little letter with a description of each kind of seed. Thank you very much! I will be responding to your email soon, I have a lot to ask you about your "veg work" in Wisconsin!

Loved all of these choices, everything was carefully picked out and very thoughtful -- Katie picked things that were right up my alley and perfect for my garden. I'm especially delighted by all the unusual edibles, and I can't wait to grow them!

Thanks so much!

~ Melody

PS I have 7 Bingo words. I don't think I'll be getting "bingo" any time soon.

o

Well, after I posted earlier I realized just how much of a ditzoid I am!

I mailed to Annie the seeds I was supposed to be keeping and not the ones I had picked out for her. I DO NOT know how the heck I managed to do that...

I just found out I have a high white blood count from a CBC that was ran last week, what that means is usually you have an infection SO I am using that as my absolute TOTAL excuse for my idiot actions this week!
Made an appointment with my reg. doc to check it out so we shall see what that turns out to be!
Today has turned out to be one of those days as well, I am thinking tomorrow looks like a good day to stay in bed all day! LOL...

I am hoping the rest of the week turns into just a plain out and out mundane week!

Thanks for the boost Dianne, I think I need it lol.

OK, I think I should go to bed now.

Aqua

o

Hi, all
This is my first Round Robin Exchange. Sorry for the misunderstand and lateness.
Now I understand, my send to partner is Shirley, and I will receive from Rena.
Shirley, I'll mail out asap.
Thanks
Wendy

o

Good morning everyone!!

Aqua, that sounds like a tough day! I think we can all relate to days like that, lol! :) Hope you feel better soon!

Rene', LOL! Your not suppose to "tell" what you put in the box you sent, but post the box you rec'd. ROFL right now. :D
You did the right thing. Wendy sends to Shirley. :)

Shirley, got the email.

Wendy has emailed me and she is all set. She is getting her box tog. to mail to Shirley :)

So we should be all cleared up. This was a very large swap for a new swapper. I keep getting confused myself, lol!
Melody, that is a terrific sprout! And you never know 7 words, your still in the GAME :)

Rena, Have you heard from Sue?

Alana, have you heard from Tx~?

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: FIRES OF FUJI

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI

brittneysgran (shirley) ~~sends to~~ illinoisdoglover (marsha)**SENT**
gardenofeden777 (rena) ~~sends to~~ helwhhle (wendy)**SENT**

aquadragonfly ~~sends to~~ canyonwind (annie)**SENT**
kchd (katie) ~~sends to~~ astroknot (melody) **SENT**REC'D**
astroknot (melody) ~~sends to~~ txgardeningmama**SENT**

Talk to you soon!
vina

o

Vina, I have September "Autumn's Favorite". I will be posting sometime this week. Since school has been out I have been so busy weeding, canning, etc. Will be back later to post.

Ellie

o

Aqua, we all have screwy days. Don't worry about it! Be well!

Dianne, so glad you enjoyed your little sprouts package! Happy planting!

Now Billy and Taylor, get with the program!!!! My BIG, 120 pound German Shepherd, Brutus, is not happy with you and your picking of BINGO words. I don't think you want him showing up at your front door or at your school. He is really a nice and gentle German but when things do not go his Mummys way, he tends to get a little ballistic, to say the least.....LOL! JK......JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!! Actually, I think I have 7 or 8 words....I am putting my money on Margo to win...again! LOL!

Vina, great swap, as usual! Thanks!

Annie

o

Hahahaa Annie...can I bring my big NewFoundland for a play date with your German?...if you weren't all the way in California that would probably be a hoot if Brutus gets along well with other dogs...Mojo (my big baby) has only met 1 dog he didn't really like and it was a solid white husky that my hubby saved from going to the pound and we gave to my sister...the husky was new and it is Mojo's yard so when Mojo wanted to play the husky didn't want to play and started growling with his hair on end...Mojo didn't take kindly to that and we had to seperate them...but he loves to play with any other dogs or cats or even hedgehogs lol

o

Morning!

ROFL!!!! Annie, you are TOO FUNNY :D Isn't that the beauty of BINGO...ya never know, your still in the game :D

The kids would LOVE Brutus to show up at the front door, back door, bedroom door...ANY DOOR. He could come for a tea party, wear a bow in his hair and have a cupcake. I think Brutus might RUN from this house after an hour of uninterrupted "play time", lol :)

Mojo, is also more than welcome!

They can play in the pond, chase frogs and run with the kids. The kids would love a play date! ANYTIME!!

THE MAGICAL TURNING POINT BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY: COLONEL MUSTER

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER

gardenofeden777 (rena) ~~sends to~~ helwhhle (wendy)**SENT**

aquadragonfly ~~sends to~~ canyonwind (annie)**SENT**

Ellie, can't wait for Autumn's Favorites!

Talk to you later.
vina :)

o

Good Morning, everyone
Shirley, the box is out last night, hope you like it.
DC# is 9404503699300121027749
Sorry for the delay

Very glad I am in a very nice swap group,
Thanks Vina and everyone
Wendy

o

Aqua,

Your wonderful seeds have arrived!!!! Love them all!!

Allium Aflutanese
Nightshade
Rudbeckia Indian Summer
Crazy Daisy
Yarrow Terra Cotta
Gaillardia Fiesta Daisy
Yarrow Pink Grapefruit
Columbine McKannas Giant
Columbine Leprechaun
Verbena On A Stick
Snowdrift Daisy
Hibiscus Rose Mallow

Now, Aqua since you sent me the seeds you had intended to keep, would you like me to send these back to you...and you send my way the intended "Me" seeds?? Kind of another swap...LOL! Let me know what you would like to do. I feel terrible taking seeds that you meant to keep!!!

Happy Thursday!!

Annie

o

Well, I took a peek at the DC# online and Txgardeningmama's package has arrived in her home town, should be delivered later today. I last heard from Kim about a week ago, and she was extremely busy at the time.

8 bingo words!

~ Melody

o

Hi, every one,
I got Rena's package today. Wonderful bulbs.
Here is the Iris and Daylily I have received:
Iris: Alabama Bound, Black Current, Immortality; Mother Earth; Rock Star;Joyce Terry;Six Pack
Daylily: Irish Envy, Crimson Pirale, El Desperado.
Cannot wait to see them blooming in my garden

Thanks Rena.

Wendy

o

Annie, I sent you a solution to my screw up via email.

I am such a ninny I say.....

Ok, I am headed to bed have a wonderful Doc's appointment in the AM I'm SOOOO looking forward too! NOT!

Night all have a terrific Friday!

:) Aqua

o

You are very welcome Wendy! I'm glad you liked them! :)

I received my package today! Yippee, thank you so much Sue!
I love every one of them and I had none of them! AND 2 were on my most wanted list!! However I turned my box inside out
and did not find my lil' gardening fairy that is supposed to help me plant all my beautiful new lilies!

I received a pair of gardening gloves, lotion & a bookmark!
I am always looking for a dry pair but these are so pretty I don't want to get them dirty! Oh and I am always shy on bookmarks, I have soooo many books and never enough of bookmarks. This pretty one will replace an ugly worn out receipt in one of my books! Thank you Sue!

O.K. now for the daylilies! Oh boy I'm so excited I can hardly type! How am I ever gonna get to sleep after getting so excited again?! lol

First the two that were on my want list!

Wonder Of It All - (Jean non-stop raves on this one! Since she has a climate like mine I new it would do great for me so on my want list it went! And now on my HAVE list it goes!)
Woohoo!
Wild Horses - Everyone who has this one just raved and raved about it, all those clump shots of it made me want it soooo bad. Yay! And wouldn't you know it Sue sent me an 11 fan clump!!! I kid you not!! (I think I need a paperbag!) lol
Carolina Ruffles
2 Mandalay Bay Music
2 Sugar Mountain
Lake Norman Sunset
Blueberry Baroque
Sparks Cool Mountain Mist
Bombay Bliss
Autumn Jewels

Wow, Sue I love everything!!!! Thank you so very much!!!!
I didn't have any of these!

Shirley (brittneysgran) lol you should have said (with hands cupped to mouth) HEY LADY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SECRET!! DUH! lol Sorry I get a little overly excited! My over excitement caused me to spill the beans without realizing it was supposed to be a surprise for Wendy!
But before I posted it here I sent her an e-mail telling her. Yikes! lol

O.K. Vina I guess I'll ROFL with you! Next time I'll try to keep it a secret, no promises though! JK! lol

Rena'

o

Happy Friday!! :)

Annie, That does sound like an awesome sprout! :)

Wendy, I just rec'd Irish Envy in my daylily order. I can't wait to see it bloom too. :)

Rena', I love Wild Horses. I have it too. Your going to LOVE it! 11 FANS! Holy Moly!!

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY IS: A MOOSE FISHING ON A POND ON WEDNESDAY

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
20. A MOOSE FISHING ON A POND ON WEDNESDAY

sguanzon (sue) ~~sends to~~ gardenofeden777 (rena)**SENT**REC'D**
helwhhle (wendy) ~~sends to~~ brittneysgran (shirley)**SENT**
gardenofeden777 (rena) ~~sends to~~ helwhhle (wendy)**SENT**REC'D**

aquadragonfly ~~sends to~~ canyonwind (annie)**SENT**REC'D**

Can't wait...3 day weekend!!! Woohoo!
Taking kiddos to the state fair, having a cookout and putting the finishing touches on back to school "must haves". Can't believe school starts Tuesday. My little Billy starts Pre-school for the first time. Rena' I think I may need to borrow that bag from you :)

Talk to you later!
vina

o

Morning!

Margo, got your email. :) All updated.

Alana, I'm going to email Tx~ and drop her a line about this swap.

Super busy day today...gotta get goin' :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY IS: CASCADE SPLENDOR

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR

smitties (margo) ~~sends to~~tess1893(caroline)**SENT**REC'D**

Have a great Saturday!!
vina

o

Hi Everyone I am so sorry havent had a chance to post on here the garden has been coming in faster than I can cann and put it up Lol Every morning I get up at 4:30 and hit the ground running trying to get stuff started that I didnt get finished the day before, Running out of room to put all my jars of food.And on top of that We have fall round up started with sorting the cows to see which ones are headed to the sale barn before winter sets in. Poisondartfrog I sent your package of seeds out Tuesday but cant post the dc for it cause when hubby printed out the postage thru stamps.com he forgot to add it.I fely bad about taking so long so I added alot more seeds to it I hope you like what I sent.Melody I haven't even had a chance yet to go check the mail box in 2 days but I am sure the package you sent is there I will go check today LoL I have to get back to work ya'll I hope ya'll forgive me for not posting sooner even been to busy to check my bingo words :( Hope everyone has a great weekend
Kim

o

Aqua,

I responded to your email yesterday!! No problem!!

Happy Labor Day weekend to all. Be safe and have fun!

Annie

o

Hey Annie, I just read your response. I didn't check my email yesterday. Thank you so much, again I am SOOOOO sorry....and you really are a sweetheart!

Our weather has been so screwy this year, August was no where near as hot as usual it was more like September now today and yesterday are hotter then heck and it feels like August weather, I was thinking we were going to have a COOL September but now I am not so sure!

It has wrecked havoc in my garden, my plants are not sure WHAT to do nothing has grown right this year at all except for a MONSTER PUMPKIN plant that come up in my flower bed, YES I left it...its a plant, I couldn't yank it out! It is the prettiest thing growing in the whole yard, go figure huh?

Hey Vina, I can't believe NO ONE has called bingo yet. Hope you enjoy the fair, I haven't been in a LONG time. I have only got to go to our state fair once when I was like 12. I LOVED it. I just don't like going to the fair anymore, too old to ride much now hehe.
Thanks for hosting this month, it was fun! I enjoyed reading about everyone's box and yours was a really nice one, some nice hostas! I so jealous, lol.

Kim, glad to see you finally showed back up, thought I was going to have to come out on an expedition to look for you. LOL.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend....

o

LoL Aqua if you had of showed up here I sure would of put you to work!! You could of had your choice helping sort the cows or canning lol!! Melody I recieved the package you are so sweet!! Thank You so much for everything!! Hope everyone has a good weekend got to get my rear in gear and get back to canning got more corn to put up and corn cob jelly to make now lol sometimes I just wanna shout calgon take me away lol but with my luck I would just end up on a busier farm lol

o

Glad you like the package, Kim. Usually we list the contents of the packages when we receive them, but I know you're super busy. Basically, the gist of what I sent Kim is vegetable seeds (mostly fall crops), a few vine seeds, some chocolate, bath salts, and a notepad.

It sounds like you've got your hands full with that canning -- you have a farm, that sounds kind of fun, actually, haha! Be well! And good luck with all of that.

Only need 2 more bingo words!

~ Melody

o

Sorry Melody just starting in this so I didnt know but folks it was an awesome box makes me feel ashamed that I didnt do a better job for poisondartfrog :( I will make it up to you hun I promise!! Melody living on a farm in the middle of a 700 acre ranch is fun sometimes but alot of hard work!! But if you ever get the itch to do some traveling to Texas come on by!!

o

Brittneysgran: Just A quick note to appologize for not posting sooner.Your package arrived and not sure if all is in there. It was marked as "received open" from the Post Office. Tried to take a picture of the label, but I saved the box. Thank you for sending to me and will chat with you about what was suppose to be in the box. Hope everyone had fun and a quick note that this was my first round robin. Lots of fun. Will do again. Thanks Vina for doing this. Not been feeling well and will list what I did receive later once I get confirmation from Shirley.

o

I have not picked up yesterday's mail tx, but I will get to it later today. Don't worry about what you sent-I'm sure it's fine.
I will post as soon as I have it in hand.
Alana

o

It has not arrived yet tgm; maybe it will be here Tuesday. If you got delivery confirmation you can check on it.
Alana

o

It has not arrived yet tgm; maybe it will be here Tuesday. If you got delivery confirmation you can check on it.
Alana

o

Everyone's been busy I see, and no one has called bingo yet? Wow, that's got to be a record of some sort.
The last two weekends I've been freezing tomatoes, which are the only vegetables that grew to amount to anything in my veggie garden this year. I didn't realize how easy it is to freeze them until I tried it, I think I can safely say I'm done canning tomatoes! It's been a strange summer though, all of my cukes, pumpkins, squash, etc blossomed out real nice, but then the vines withered away to nothing. And my corn? Well, it got all of maybe 18-24" high! The wild morning glories are using it to grow on though, so that's not a total waste, right? It's funny about my MGs, they're growing everywhere, even in the lawn. They sure are pretty to see in the morning though, so I'm not complaining about that. The weather here the past couple of weeks was reminiscent of late September, cool and breezy, so much so that my grapes have ripened a little over a month early this year. But now the days are getting warmer again, and none of the local crops know what to do. My coneflowers have enjoyed this strange summer, so that's good. All in all, I'm chalking this year up to being one weird summer and moving on, how about y'all?

HAVE A SAFE, SANE, & FUN HOLIDAY TOMORROW!
Dan

o

Hey all! HAPPY LABOR DAY :D

We had a terrific time at the fair. Kids loved the rides, animal shows. Even rode a camel, and fed baby zebras. I loved the Agriculture Exhibits. They even had a log cabin and a nature trail with a butterfly exhibit right in the middle of the fair. 100's of monarch butterflies greeted people coming into this one building. So awesome!

Kim, take a minute and breathe...you sound so busy!

Glad the packages have been flyin'.
Marsha, so sorry yours was open. :( Hopefully you'll hear from Shirley soon. :)

Sorry, I totally forgot about BINGO...so we are going to have another 2fer :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: WITCH'S WAND

THE BINGO WORD FOR MONDAY IS: PRIDE OF IRELAND

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND

It's still anyone's game...everyone is so close...LOVE IT!

brittneysgran (shirley) ~~sends to~~ illinoisdoglover (marsha)**SENT**REC'D**

txgardeningmama ~~sends to~~ poisondartfrog (alana)**SENT**
astroknot (melody) ~~sends to~~ txgardeningmama**SENT**REC'D**

Only a couple more packages to be rec'd and we are done :)

Dan, I agree! This has been one weird summer. Middle of summer everything looked so tired and a little awful. The last couple of weeks with cooler weather, and some much needed rain, I have more blooms than I had weeks ago.

Believe it or not! (remember that show! :) ) I have a columbine flowering RIGHT NOW! It's a McKana's Giant! How's that for crazy weather. It's flowering next to my hibiscus, and a reblooming iris (which is getting ready to rebloom)

Have a super night!!
vina

ps. wish me luck! Billy starts school tomorrow...breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out...

o

Morning!

THE BINGO WORD FOR TUESDAY: VENITA FAYE

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE

First person to YELL Bingo WINS :D

Have a great day!!
vina

o

Marsha-Oh my...I can't believe the box was open, and the box was a good priority box from the PO. Sent you an e-mail please let me know what was left in it.

Vina-I hope Billy had a good first day of school.

I received an awesome box from Wendy. Thank you so much Wendy. I had to hold a flashlight to get them all planted it was so dark this eve.

Wendy sent:
Amaryllis 'Oscar'
Acidanthera
Blood lily (looking forward to see this bloom)
Lycoris (Laked lady)
Peony 'Vivid'
Siberian Iris
Canna 'Florence Vaughn'
Crinum 'White Queen' (did not have this one---yeah)
Bearded irises 'Kissed by the Sun', 'Domaine'

What a wonderful box...seems like Christmas (which is not that far off)

Shirley

o

Wow, can't believe no one has Bingo yet. I still need two.

I spent my whole day off with a nasty headache and it only subsided at eight this evening. I hope I can get caught up tomorrow.

Waiting to see who the winner is.

Margo

o

Shirley, Very glad to see you like it.
Wendy

o

Today is Billy's 2nd day of pre-school....how are you doing Vina?????

Margo, I am shocked you have not won BINGO yet. My money is still on you to WIN!

Happy Wednesday!!

Annie

o

Happy Wednesday!

Billy is LOVING school :) PHEW! I had a tiny, little panic attack on the first day, lol. But, he jumped right in. He's growing up SO fast.

Margo, hope your feeling better.

Shirley, your right! Christmas is right around the corner. I'd better start some of my early shopping.

helwhhle (wendy) ~~sends to~~ brittneysgran (shirley)**SENT**REC'D**

We're just waiting for Alana to receive her Sprout :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: THORNBIRD

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD

Have a super night!
vina

o

I have not had time to check my bingo lately. I should do that!
No sprouts yet, but I will post as soon as I get it.
Alana

o

When I went to plant my box of daylilies from Sue I found an 11th one that I had overlooked, Assymetry! Thanks a million Sue!

Vina my e-mail with your address went awol. Please send it again!

Rena'

o

Evening :)

WOW! Still no BINGO??? This game must be getting close by now.

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: SUPER PURPLE

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE

Rena', sending email :)

Have a great night everyone!!
vina

o

Someone has to be forgetting to check their Bingo words. I can't believe no one has had a bingo. I still need two words. The right words are just not being chosen for me. :) I'll just keep hoping they get pulled before someone realizes they have bingo already.

Margo

o

Afternoon!! Happy Friday :)

Margo, I can't believe it either! Maybe everyone is waiting for the same 2 words, lol!

Lets give it a go...

THE BINGO WORD FOR FRIDAY IS: VERSAILLES

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE
27. VERSAILLES

Talk to you later!
vina

o

I am checking my BINGO words......in fact, I just double checked them, just in case I missed something!!! No, I did not miss anything! Come on Billy and Taylor, shall I bribe you with some candy??? LOL!!!

Have a super Friday!!

Annie

o

Hi ya'll...been super busy lately so ain't been postin a lot..but checkin my bingo words as this thread goes to my email...i still need 4 words!!!...every day i cross my fingers lol but it's not working *crosses eyes instead* ahahahah...thought i would have more time since the kids are in school, but i don't get paid to think ;) so there's always something coming up i gotta run do...was gonna plant my fall/winter veggies but the rain keeps coming a little too hard and keep having to retill the little plot of dirt we're planting on ...between that and the heat bickering with each other my plants are acting loopy lol...one minute they are pouty and sad...the next they are perky and look like they're coming back to life with new growth...such a weird weather trend for us here...hope all is goin well with everyone...ttyl, Dianne

o

I have 9 words on bingo. Let us know how the crossing the eyelashes works. If your successful I'm gonna start crossing mine! lol

It is 6:12 P.M. here and 99 degrees Hot! And the humidity is crazy high as well. When it rains again I'm gonna join the kids and play in it too. lol

I am backed up on planting and it's just so hot! I can't seem to get it done.

Have a superb weekend everyone!

Rena'

o

I have nine words on Bingo, too. I just had time to check. 7 come 11, or whatever it is you're supposed to say, lol.
Alana

o

Morning!!

This is one of the best Bingo games. Right down to the wire...LOVE IT!

THE BINGO WORD FOR SATURDAY: BLUE MOUSE EARS

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE
27. VERSAILLES
28. BLUE MOUSE EARS

Have a great day!
vina

o

Sat, Sep 8, 12 at 14:43

I can't believe nobody has called BINGO yet!?!

I lack only 1 word...

Alana, I didn't know you were a Craps player?! lol

o

No one has bingoed yet? Hmmm, this might be some kind of record...lol! Vina, is it too late to send you my bingo list? If not, I'll use the first 20 words on the "called" list, and put everyone out of their misery...lol!

Good luck to you all!
Dan

o

Nice try Dan. :)

I still need those two I have needed for a while now. It is hard to believe that no one has Bingo yet.

Beautiful weather here for our Black Swamp Arts Festival which keeps growing and growing each year. Went downtown last night to listen to the live groups and wore jeans and shoes. Now that was weird. I live in flip flops as soon as the temps hit 65plus. Even wear sandals to work so have not had shoes on (with exception of running) for a long time. I hate shoes!!!!!! Must be my indian heritage. LOL

Going out to garden. Went to a greenhouse open house Friday for my boss at work. Bought 12 perennials for a buck each and huge gallon size pots of dianthus for 2 bucks. Can't beat it even if I don't need it.

Margo

o

Evening!!

LOL Dan! I think that might be a bit TOOOO easy :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR SUNDAY IS: CHEVALIER D' MALTE

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE
27. VERSAILLES
28. BLUE MOUSE EARS
29. CHEVALIER D' MALTE

Happy Bingo'ing' :)
vina

o

BINGO!!! (I think) I lost my list :/ !
Rena'

o

LOL Margo I'm the same way about shoes...hubby retilled the veggie plot in the back a few times yesterday (he'd already tilled it but the rain washed it back down and it's a new plot so it was super grassy)...I got out there to dig the grass out of the dirt so we could plant and was wearing flip flops...I took the flip flops off and went bare footed while weeding hahahahhaa...like a kid feeling the dirt under my feet and between my toes...didn't wear gloves either...our son who is 12 was helping and he was throwing the clumps of grass off to the side and so sprays of dirt were hitting me at random...i was bent over in the dirt myself so it didn't get in my eyes and didn't really cause any harm so i didn't fuss at him hahahhaha...needless to say we all needed good showers when we came inside...bare-footed is my fave way to go too...and if not it's always flip flops or sandals as long as it's decent temps

Oh and congratz Rena' :) lol

o

Ha ha ha Katie! Looks like I "crapped out". Congratulations Rena'.

o

Rena'....way to go....congrats on BINGO!!

Vina, thanks again for hosting!

Annie

o

Morning All!

Rena' Here's your list :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!
Demi Deuil
Huckleberry Fudge
Fires of Fuji
Jurassic Park
Cascade Splendor
Fire And Ice
Chevalier D' Malte
Wild Horses
Prairie Moon
Lion King
Rootbeer
Versailles
YOU WON!!!!!

I'll be shipping out your supa prize this week, can you please send me your addy? I don't think I have it :)THANKS!!!

Alana, has your sprout arrived?

Sorry, I've been missing the last couple days. School is getting busy, and we had dance registrations last night. Since this is my "baby" and I brought it to the school I needed to be there for it. I was so nervous! At first I thought no one was going to show up...I waited for like 15-20 minutes and NO ONE came. I felt sick. Then a flood of people came in. We had so many that I had to stay later than the time we thought just to get everyone registered. SO HAPPY :D

Have a super day!!
vina

ps...CONGRATS AGAIN RENA :)!!!!!!!!!!

o

Vina, that sounds like fun. It is wonderful that you are so involved with your children's school!

o

Umm, when did Jurassic Park get pulled? That was the only one I was waiting on an never seen it??? Went back an looked at the list again and STILL don't see it listed if it is one of Rena's words an it looks like it is then I would have had bingo too?

Am I missing sump'n?

:< Confused

o

What did you say Aqua?!?!?! Why it's word #30! You say you still can't see it? Hum, I guess only some of us are gifted with super wishful thinking eyesight!
ROFL! I don't see it either Aqua, I had lost my list and now I guess my "BINGO (I think)" has bumfuzzled the whole game!
Oh my word... this is hilarious! SORRY EVERYBODY, SORRY VINA!!

I guess game on again! lol

Rena' (the *almost* bingoer)

My 2nd faux pas in this swap! Yikes, I hope I don't end up on the black list! lol

P.S. Thanks anyway everybody for the congrats! lol

o

LOLOLOLOL. Hang in there Rena'! You remind me of....me.
Alana

o

Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 8:43

Hahahaha! Rena', that is too, too funny!

Katie

o

Oh Rena, the faux pas make me feel more comfortable dealing with my own. LOL All gardeners are forgiving.

Vina, congrats on the great show up for your dance registration.

Good humpday to all. Margo

o

Rena, the almost bingoer, who has super wishful thinking eyesight....to funny!!!!!! You mean to tell me BINGO is back on??? Vina and her BINGO pickers will love that...LOL! Well, if this game is continuing, I only need one word and it is not Jurassic Park!!! There can not be more than just a few words left!!

And Rena, I faux pas all the time. Sometimes, I do it intentionally....chuckle!

Happy Wednesday...

Annie

o

OH LORD! Can someone please help me! LOLOL!
I never even looked at the words, just posted them. I am so sorry!

OKAY, BINGO IS BACK ON! :)

THE BINGO WORD FOR WEDNESDAY IS: HUCKLEBERRY FUDGE

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE
27. VERSAILLES
28. BLUE MOUSE EARS
29. CHEVALIER D' MALTE
30. HUCKLEBERRY FUDGE

LOL! Rena' looking at your list you didn't have this one either.

There are only a few words left to pull out of the baggie :) Hopefully, this one helps out.

helwhhle (wendy) ~~sends to~~ brittneysgran (shirley)**SENT**REC'D**

Talk to you later!
vina

ps. is this the goofiest bingo game or WHAT!?! LOL!

o

BINGO* For real this time!*** LOL It is my word #2

Rena'

o

OH MY GOSH!!

I am officially bowing out of this game!!!

Sorry!! Jurassic Park has still not been called!

Aqua - When it comes up its all yours girl!

I think I need to go dig in the dirt!!!

Rena' (The girl who can't even get a simple game down pat today. :-/ )

o

LOL!!!!! Another faux pas!!!

Huckleberry Fudge does not win it for me or Aqua or Rena' Faux Pas (actually Rena' Faux Pas has a nice ring to it, very pretty....LOL) Maybe Margo or Alana????

Have a great evening!

Annie

o

I needed Huckleberry Fudge, but it still does not do it for me. I would still need one more. Good luck to whomever wins.

o

Same here, it doesn't finish my list, I still need one more. This is the most exciting game I have played in Bingo. It looks like we are all waiting for one word. Then it is who Bingo's first.

Had some trouble with my eye today at work. Started seeing a brightness like I had looked at a light too long. Then I realized it was like water floating in the corner of my eye. After a little while, I decided to go home. Before I left, it floated to the bottom of my eye. I could see it when I closed my eye too and it had the color of a prism going through it. Not my whole eye though. The I got a line going down the other eye with the prism colors. I called the doctor and it must not be anything much cause I go in tomorrow. Thankfully, it went away after about a half an hour. It was still a little frightening.

Will be watching for the next word. Margo

o

Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 8:35

LOL! This *is* an exciting game of bingo!
Rena' Faux Pas does have a nice ring to it. I literally threw my head back and laughed at this.
I lack just 1 word, too. So how many of us lack just 1 word, now? It's probably the same word for all of us.

Katie

o

Waiting, waiting, waiting. LOL

Margo

o

Morning!!

Rena' you can't bow out now! Your just over excited about BINGO! And what's not to be excited about, lol. :)

And the WAITING is over...hopefully...

THE BINGO WORD FOR THURSDAY IS: WHITE EYES PINK DRAGON

BINGO Words Drawn:
1. KENTUCKY BLUE GIRL
2. GUACAMOLE
3. GINGERBREAD MAN
4. DEATH BY CHOCOLATE
5. FIRE AND ICE
6. KOMODO DRAGON
7. WILD HORSES
8. ROOTBEER
9. YABBA DABBA DOO
10. FIRST FROST
11. LION KING
12. DEMI-DEUIL
13. BLUE CADET
14. PRAIRIE MOON
15. ALLIGATOR SHOES
16. PROM NIGHT
17. FIRE STORM
18. FIRES OF FUJI
19. COLONEL MUSTER
21. CASCADE SPLENDOR
22. WITCH'S WAND
23. PRIDE OF IRELAND
24. VENITA FAYE
25. THORNBIRD
26. SUPER PURPLE
27. VERSAILLES
28. BLUE MOUSE EARS
29. CHEVALIER D' MALTE
30. HUCKLEBERRY FUDGE
31. WHITE EYES PINK DRAGON

Billy came home yesterday with a cough and runny nose. We have been up almost ALL NIGHT long. 2nd week of school and the germs are already creeping in. Taylor still has school so I needed to drag myself up and get her ready. THANK HEAVENS FOR COFFEE!

vina

o

Well, I'll be darn....BINGO! White Eyes Pink Dragon does it for me! Vina, double check my list!!!! Great game of BINGO ladies.

Billy, be well young man!!

Annie

o

YAY!!! Congratulations Annie!!!

Rena, you are too funny. Sorry you missed the plant, but I was starting to think I was nuts LOL.

I thought I was nuts when I saw Rena's list and that one was NOT there I thought wait I would have Bingo if it had been called, did I MISS it? So I went back and read the list like 3 times REAL S-L-O-W just to make sure and then I was SURE I was like ok...I am I only one who is MISSING something???

Annie girl, my plan was IF I had won you would have gotten it anyway because I was going to ask Vina if she would send it to you because of my mess up, so glad it is yours! Congratulations again on the win!

Vina girl thanks for the fun and excitement it was a well played game!

o

CONGRATULATIONS *ANNIE*!!!!! (The sweet little lady who volunteered as my sponsor on FOTESS!!!)

It was THE most exciting game of Bingo ever! lol
O.K. it is officially established that Rena' is a
goofball!

Aqua - That's o.k. I was so bummed (embarassed) that I faux bingoed NOT once but twice that I went to Maryott's site and placed an order to cheer myself up. (Once is understandable, but seriously twice?!) And luckily for me there was no human interactions so I avoided further humiliation. lol And since gardening is therapeutic and evidently I need lots (of therapy), I played in the dirt and planted some of my Iris that have been patiently staring at me from their box. All's well that ends well, eh?!

Vina - I am so sad to hear your baby is sick! I hope he is
better soon! And it is hard to function on little to no sleep. Hope you can sneak a nap(s) in! Thanks Vina for being light-hearted about my bingo issues! lol
Margo - Thanks for the encouraging words!

Have a superb evening everyone!

Rena' (Pretending everyone is laughing WITH me and not at me!) lol

o

Thu, Sep 13, 12 at 19:45

Congrats to Annie, in the most suspenseful BINGO game ever!!

Rena' - thanks for the excitement! And the humor!! Not too worry, it seems like something I would do, too!!!

Vina, thanks for the longest BINGO game, ever! And for putting together a great swap, and for including the sprouts traders for those of us who had no plants to trade. AND for the AWESOME seeds you sent to me :)

Katie

o

Afternoon!

YEAH Annie!!! WOO HOO! CONGRATULATIONS!! :)
Here's your list...and this time I checked it, lol!

A Moose Fishing On A Pond On Wednesday
Guacamole
Death By Chocolate
White Eyes Pink Dragon
Chevalier D'Malte
Alligator Shoes
Prom Night
Fires of Fuji
Wild Horses
Gingerbread Man
Pride of Ireland
Yabba Dabba Doo

I'll be sending your supa dupa prize out next week. :)

Thanks for all the well-wishes for Billy. He's on the mend. Poor stuffy nose. :( AND guess who came home from school with it yesterday afternoon. YUP! When it rains it pours. NOW Taylor has it too.

School is like a pet-re dish. I don't know how teachers aren't sick all the time. I know they build up a resistance but geesh, how much can you resist?

Well, I believe we are at the end of our swap. :) It only took an extra 14 days to play a little bingo. :)

I want to thank everyone for being a part of the August swap. You are all such wonderful ladies. Thanks for making my job easy peasy mac and cheesy :)

Talk to you soon!
vina

o

Vina,

Yesterday, I received my prize, DL "Firestorm"......She arrived in great shape. Thanks so much...

Annie

o

Aqua,

Sent you an email. In early September, I sent back to you the seeds (sprouts) you sent me by accident. And you received. I have not received the seeds you were supposed to send to me.

Please let me know what is going on!

Annie

o

Aqua,

I sent you an email a week ago (see above). I still have not heard from you and no seeds have arrived. I sent you another email and GW mail this morning.

TO recap this situation....
*Aquadragonfly was to send me seeds (sprouts) in this swap
*Aqua did send seeds to me but stated that she sent the wrong seeds.
*I received the wrong seeds (Aqua refers to them as the "WOW" seeds)
*I offered (via email) to return to her the "WOW" seeds and that she could send me the correct seeds that were intended for me.
*I sent the "WOW" seeds back to her on September 7
*I emailed her on September 14 to see if she had received the "WOW" seeds.
*She responded to my email on September 14 that she thought she had posted on this thread that she had received the seeds. She also stated that she had not been feeling well and it would be a few more days until she mailed out my seeds.
*On October 20, I emailed her and posted here that I had not received any seeds. I have received no response via email or on this thread and have received no seeds.
*Today, October 27, I emailed her and sent her a message via GW..............

I certainly do not need any seeds but as we all know, that is not the point! She has not kept her end of the deal...not cool!

Annie

o

Annie,
Leave appropriate feedback on the R&R forum. I had to do the same thing for txgardeningmama from this swap.
You are so right! It's not about the seeds.
Alana

o

Aqua, received the seeds yesterday. Nice selection.

Henbane
Yellow Guava
Summer Squash Straightneck
Crazy Daisy
Pumpkin Big Freaky Tom
Echinacea Double White
Tomato Pink Oxheart
Dill Gukat
Cucumber Cross Country

Thanks for sending.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here