Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skohler_gw

NEW: obf picnic basket swap

skohler
16 years ago

{{gwi:1297505}}

OurBloomin Friends Friendship Swap Group was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between the group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you. Please be a successful member of garden web and have had a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be directed to veeja/carol or

skohler/susie via email.

PICNIC BASKET FOR 2

WELL LADIES THIS IS THE 1ST TIME FOR THIS TYPE OF SWAP FOR ME .

SO ANY INPUT WILL BE WELCOME.

I THOUGHT WHAT WE WOULD DO IS EACH OF YOU WHO SIGNS UP WILL BE given A NUMBER

after we see how many would like to play .

BEFORE SIGNING UP PLEASE HAVE A LIST OF WHAT YOU WILL PACK

IN YOUR PICNIC BASKET

KEEP IN MIND ALL THAT YOU LIST SHOULD FIT IN A LG PRIORITY MAIL BOX OR IN A FLAT RATE BOX .

IF YOU WANT TO SEND MORE OR IN A BIGGER BOX THAT IS TOTALLY UP TO YOU .

YOU SHOULD HAVE AT LEASE 2 PLANTS WITH FOOD NAMES . YOU CAN SEND BULB/SEEDS OTHER PLANTS ALSO .

THIS WILL GO SOMETHING LIKE THE WHITE ELEPHANT SWAP ON ANOTHER FORUM.BUT THIS WILL BE JUST FOR OUR GROUP.

can hardly wait SEE HOW MANY TASTY BASKETS WE WILL BE SHARING :)) & WHO WILL END UP WITH WHO'S PICNIC BASKET ??????

SIGN UP WILL BE CLOSED BY SEPT 1ST UNLESS ALL OF ARE MEMBERS HAVE A LIST :) before the 1st

please if you sign up & going to be gone away please get your list in before you go,

& then send me the number of the basket that you want in case you might be away when it is your turn.

Now for the twist in this swap you will be sending your friend on a vacation to enjoy

their picnic basket :)) wow wonder where i get to go .

hope to hear from you all

let the fun begin.

susie

Comments (103)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Sorry if I'm holding anyone up.Just got ALL the kiddies to bed.I will choose #1 Carol's even though I can't find it posted.I like to live on the edge.LOL! Later....April /dirt_under_my_nails

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Carols box is a trip to seattle ( seattle dahlia)( homemade wild mt blackberry jam) sugar plum bath goodies, cup of gold vine, slightly used nakie construction worker from down the street where three new houses are going up, some nice allium bulbs, other nice plants from carols yard, lots of suprises, gotta work tomorrow and dh's car died so he is taking mine and I gotta walk to work so brain is not creative this evening. I want box number 4

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Susie,
    I need to sit this one out too. WAY to far behind on everything to do a swap right now, will try to catch Oct swap..:)Anita

P. S Can you tell me the host for OCT so I can watch for it? gets a bit confusing seeing all the different OBF swaps going on..:(

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dirt No one is Holding us up the one who had not choosen yet was wynature & I think she was working yesterday & everyone was so quick to pick I thought it only right since ANNIE choosen mine I would give marie to ANNIE &
    I choose DEBBYA"S :)

SKOHLER/SUSIE ************ DEBBYA/6
    RAGGEDYANNE/ANNIE ******** SUSIE/3
    VEEJA11/CAROL ************ DIRT-UNDER-MY-NAILS/4
    DIRT_UNDER_MY_NAILS/APRIL** VEEJA11/1
    DEBBYA/DEBBY ************** CEDARNEST/2
    CEDARNEST/NANCY *********** WYNATIVE/5
    WYNATIVE/MARIE ************ RAGEDYANNE/7

TODAY IS WENDSDAY & I THINK ANNIE HAS TO WORK TILL FRIDAY
    so on saturday aug 1st I will post each of you a message
    then you have to post your answer if you do not post someone else has a shot at your basket :)))
    so keep watch ladies anyone being gone at that time
    please email me i can give you your message .
    what do you think is behind door abc :))) ????

hug all
    see some meds can make you dream funny games :)))
    on the mend
    susie

p.s
    Did I happen to Mention this is a silent auction ????

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

This will be interesting...such a neat twist..lol..I will be sending you an email Susie,This is Labor Day weekend so I will be leaving friday evening and we will be returning monday sometime so I will definitely need to play sooner.
    Nancy

• wynative
    16 years ago

Susie ~ I wanted Annies box - how did you know? :)

I will also be gone this weekend. I am taking my daughter and her friends to the lake for the last 'bash' of the summer & her 13th birthday! I will be away from my computer from Friday @ 4:00 till Tuesday Morning.

3 days & nights with 11, boy crazy teen girls!!
    Pray for me ladies... LOL

Marie

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

With this being a holiday weekend, if possible could we resume our swap on Tuesday?

I'm having three cookouts/parties this weekend (one for my family, one for my Husband's family, and one for friends!) I'm not going to be on the computer at all for days!

Deb

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

well many will be away from their computor this weekend
    so yes Debby I see No reason why we can't just wait till
    tuesday for the 2nd part.

well have to feed my baby for the night you all have a great weekend .
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Hey, I'm bacccccccccccccccck, and so ready for some days off! I want you all to know that I would be happy with any of the boxes. :O) :O)

OK, I'm ready to play Susie, and you really have my curiosity going.I wonder what you have up your sleeve this time! LOL

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hey Big Sis Annie! Hope you enjoy your days off.

No big plans for us this weekend.Someone is coming to look at our house Saturday. First person that's shown intrest! YAY!! We only been here for two months,still not totally unpacked (shameful).I know now isn't the best time to try to sell,but hubby says his willing to move so I can be closer to my family. So we are gone with the first decent offer we get.Wish us luck all!Any one want a 4 bed 2 bath Palm Harbor home on 4 acres in north GA? LOL!
    Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HI LADIES SORRY FOR BEING SO LATE . Been busy with my yard sale this eekend thought I'd clenout one more time while the weather was nice .

anyway as i mentioned this as going to be like a silent auction & all bids are in DEBBY You & I was last so
    I choose for you & hope you are ok with it :)))

ok so now each of you will be getting the addresses as to where you will be sending your packed lunches :)))
    this has been fun & its not over yet till all the boxes
    have been received .

I hope everyone can get your boxes in the mail by the 15th-20th of sept ok :)
    when you get your box please post as you received it
    but not who it was from till all boxes have been mailed :))
    then i will post who got who's boxes :))) & then you can
    tell us what you received .

I do hope everyone is ok with this for you choose your picnics Blindfolded :)))
    have a great evening ladies for I have to go send your emails :)
    if you do not get an email tonight please let me know .
    susie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

ok I'm officially confused, did you not post who had which box early on ? do your drugs have you confused? or is it me plmk what is going on. thankyou carol

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

Hi Carol,
    Your not the only one confused! LOL!
    I thought we were holding off the 2nd part (email game) until Tuesday?

I did receive an email with my Swap Pal's address, so the game is over. ;)

Deb

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

i'm not playing, but i've been watching, because i thought this, as well as the white elephant, were really neat ideas for a swap.

i must say, i'm a little confused. i know proofing and edit isn't always in play.

just as a spectator. this is a secret swap but everyone knows who they are sending to? or did certain instructions get lost.

the imagination in these baskets is really great. i would have loved to do it, but i'm thinking of moving, so i'm busy digging up all my plants and potting them. if i don't move, then i'll just replant everything with thought.

sue, help clear my brain here!

maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago
  • wynative
    16 years ago

Good morning Ladies,

I am still confused - but thats nothing new LOL

Do we still send our boxes out?

Thanks,
    Marie

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Marie,No..It has been called off.I think an email was sent to everyone.I have decided I will just add some of my basket contents to my sept obf swap partners box.Feel Better Susie
    Nancy

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

I think you all had a great chance for a great game, to bad it had to be messed up.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Susie, I will still be your friend.....:)Anita

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

poo, this got cancelled?

somewhere down the line, whoever is hosting a particular month and is lacking an idea for a swap, needs to steal this one!

great idea sue, sorry to see it fizzled.

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

seems like you like it Maryanne, maybe it would be a good swap for you to take over when you host your next swap.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

I loved reading all of the baskets and am sorry to see it end like it did also.

Susie I know you have alot on your plate right now and am sorry to see things end this way for this swap. I hope everything works out for you sweetie.

Love ya,
    Pixie

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

I would hope NO ONE takes over this swap, I know many of you don't know me, BUT I DO KNOW SUSIE & HER & I ARE TALKING RIGHT NOW! PLEASE DON'T TRY TO TAKE OVER THIS SWAP! She will get back to doing it, just she has had MANY reasons NOT to do it!! I will leave it at that... Thank you all for not stealing her great idea... : Anita

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Marie has offered to do this swap, so Susie and Earthly is it ok with you guys ?

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

No, Susie will be doing, or no one will!!!!!!

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

& she said I can be in it, even if I missed the date to get in, SHE WILL BE BACK!! It is her swap.. Did you all not need me???

She will post when she gets to it, Lets be nice to her, Thank you..
    Now I am doing my 4 hour counseling with her, Thank you all for understanding:)Anita

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Anita,

I have no say in this swap as I have opted out, but who are you and why all of a sudden have you stepped in? Susie is a wonderful person and can talk on her own, it seems to me that you are just trying to stir trouble up. Susie knows that we love her and that she was doing a great job, she doesn't need a mediator.

I do have a problem with people like that and wonder why they seem to think that OBF is the place to put on a show. I do have a problem with you trying to say who or who will not finish this swap (although I really don't have a say) and I also have a question as to where earthydelights (Maryanne) has a say in anything to do with OBF. As I was told when I joined the leaders were Carol and Susie, correct me if I am wrong. The initial welcome I received from Earthy. was none to be cherished.

Please forgive me for stepping on a stone that I could have gone around but I just hate to see good people used.

Trixie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Carol sorry to hear you've had too many messages from a certain person in this group. But that was by your choice, you have many other girls that will help you and Susie! You girls let hateful people take advantage of you, and you shouldn't, there's too many great girls here willing to help, if you want. Anita is right!!!! No One Kicks Sue to the curb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the hell do you people think you are? I can promise you girls I know! And she can kiss my a@@! Sorry but I'm tired of this chit! Susie, please just take care of yourself! We love you!

Sassy

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

I will tell you what grounds I have to stand on, I was one of the original OBF & I have spent the last 3 hours on the phone with Susie very upset over what is going on, Susie is not a stupid person & needs a chance to do her swap without ANYONE telling her she can't, so what if it was not going the way ANYONE wanted it to go, Now if for any reason I get kicked out of this group, I do so hope it is by the PEOPLE that started it CAROL & SUSIE!!!! Not by any that have no clue about me or my connections to this group,.

P. S LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS STIR THE POT, Thank You..
    :)Anita

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Ok, lets all remember what this group is all about. Sharing, giving and just plain being a support group.(trusting one another) I for one would be the first to opt out of this group also if we can not get along. I know we all (including myself) say things without thinking. I've been kicked off GW for shooting my mouth and believe me, I've learned my lesson.

Everyone has feelings, some can take a ribbing more than others. Lets just think before we speak,and ask ourself how would we react when reading what is posted?

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes/feet!
    Now back to outside, it is heating up and I've got plants to move because they just are not doing well.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

I would love to contiue with the swap, if Susie does host it. Like I mentioned in my e-mail I will have to substitute something else for the Pineapple upsidedown Cake hosta. I think it is just the heat, but don't want to send something that looks bad.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Annie you didn't step on my toes/feet and I was alittle upset at the time but there are things happening in OBF the last month or so I just don't understand. Thats just me.

Sassy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Firist OFF I JUST Want you all to know that it made Me
    Very Proud & Happy When Carol Ask ME To Be her Co-partner
    In Forming This group & It takes allot of work Keeping track Of who wants in or out .
    I just want to say Thanks To all of you for your show of understanding & support for carol & I , we will do our BEST in working this all out .
    we all get overwhelmed at time's with our work,Family,
    & Most of all wanting to share our gardens with our friends here on gw .
    please keep in mind carol & I Just want a place to come & relate to our friends .
    our group should not be about who sends the most or the biggest box its the quality of having live plants when they arrive . So Don't In anyway be affraid of joining in a swap thinking that your box won't be good enough .

you do not have to send 20 gifts in a box 1 little token
    & or one nice plant from your partners wish list is concidered a nice box to many of , any extra is all up to the indivisual but not manditory in our swaps .

I felt i had to say this for it seemed to me many were
    being overwhelmed feeling they had to keep up with others sending so many plants in a swap & That is not the case .
    we give when we have the extra to share .

so ladies with this said & hope that there is no hurt feelings . & we can go on with the swap .

susie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Welcome back Susie, You and Carol have done an awesome job with OBF and I am very grateful to the both of you for allowing me to become a member.

I have had the wonderful pleasure of trading with some wonderful ladies and have recieved beautiful boxes. I agree that its the quality of the plants received and the effort put forth to send quality plants.

I have fun reading about the neat plants that are sent and received. I love swapping things and only get overwhelmed when I take too much on with things that are happening around home.

I love this swap idea and am happy you are back to continue this swap even though I had to bow out of it.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ladies
    I will do My best to Help this swap & this group
    go on although after this swap I may have to sit back
    & watch for a while . but will alway be here :)
    so now I will post the new outline for this swap
    as soon as i have heard from all our players that had signed on , to be sure all wants to play on .
    so far ones who want to keep it going .

marie/wynative
    annie/raggedyann
    anita/nyvoices wants to join in the fun & will post her
    Picnic basket soon .
    Nancy/cedarnest Needs to take the time to get caught up
    with her other trades & we all know
    how overwhelmed we can get with swaps.
    sure going to miss you but will keep
    your spot open if you change your mind

to all who was following our swap we hope you will come back & watch or even join us if you like .
    just so there is no mistake as to how this got out of hand.
    I had sent a personal email to the players asking them to pick a letter F.R.I,E.N.D.S. ANYWAY I wanted this to be a myster as to who would get who;s basket & I guess I didn't explain it any to well . so all I can say is forgive me . & we or I will try to make it up to you all.

I do hope this time around will be easier to understand .
    & as soon as we know who all wants to go on & anita has a chance to get her basket up we will begin.

if there is anyone else in the group who might want to join in please feel free . love to have you.

susie

• raggedyann161420
    16 years ago

Susie, I'm so glad we are going with the swap, and please at anytime you ladies need help, I will do what-ever I can to help out.

Guess What? IT has started to thunder and sprinkle outside. I was going to start trimming back my iris but I guess it will wait. I don't mind getting wet but I won't work out there in the thunder. Did I ever mention I don't mind the thunder, but hate the lighting. They say when there is thunder there is lighting? I'm not taking any chances.LOL

Pixie, I got your e-mail, and you must share with the others the picture of your pond. I love the looks of it! Someday I might have one, I bet it is real relaxing to watch the fish.

I'm having a tired streak, I better get my you know what up and do something.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Aww Annie, I am like you and hate the lightening and when there is thunder there will be lightening, I do the second count to see how far off it is.

My pond is very relaxing, I love to sit by it and just read even. I am hoping for lights down in it sometime this coming spring. I am glad you liked the pic.
    I am happy its starting to rain there for ya!

I still would love to join but still have to stay out this round. I will enjoy watching it though Susie, You are doing wonderful.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,
    Trying to pack my picnic basket & need to know if cuttings of a few plants would be OK? I will have other plants & stuff but just want to make sure on the cuttings,

P. S Sorry for snapping:(

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Hugs Susie! So glad you're okay hun, we love you!

Anita I apologize too, I was alittle more than po'd! Sorry girls, don't like seein' our Susie being messed with.

Have a good night everyone
    Sassy

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HI LADIES
    a certain member whom i will not mention keep me up
    parting with her till way late in the night & I feel very
    tired tonight this old body anit the party gal it used to be :) but it was fun .
    anyway before i say good night I wanted to say
    that anyone wanting to send cutting is or will be ok if you find out who is going to be receiving your box if they would like certain cutting :)
    unlike myself so many of you have that midus touch
    with house plants & cutting . yours turn to gold mine to dust :( so its fine ith me if others don't mind.

annie yes i can now use idea's as to how you all would like this to play out .
    & i will start a new post when we have decided
    even you gals that are not in the swap .
    i love mystery's or suspence

well I need to get some sleep maybe tomorrow
    will be a brighter day ;))

oh pixie please post your pond pictures over on the photo thread for all to see . please .

good night all
    susie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Ok Sweet Susie I will. Anita I apologize also, I really didn't need to butt my nose in but I just hated to see Susie sad and I didn't know.

Smiles,

Pixie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Ok, to clear things up. I did start this group and asked Susie to help me out then Earthly, she has done nothing but try to help in this mess. the trouble was me asking a question of sue. I will not allow Maryanne to be made a scapegoat for this. she is my sanity most of the time, it was not her who offered to do this swap, Susie asked for someone to take it over and someone volunteered because she didn't want it cancelled. Anita you have offended me, as has anyone else blaiming my friend Maryanne. miffed carol

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

New ::: this thread is in the pass ok history tomorrow is another new day . & there will be a new thread started .
    soon
    let this one get buried please :)))
    susie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Pixi no need to apologize to anita, she was wrong. carol is not happy. The dog may come out

• skohler
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ladies my email is not working for some reason right now .
    but if it is working tomorrow i will let you all know
    about who sends to who over on the new tread . I said this one was in the pass & hope it will pass. please .

I can receive mail but it won't let me send . right now .
    we are better people to ourself &other when we can
    say we are sorry & can mean it .

ty ladies
    & good night to all
    susie

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Carol, I am sorry but you are taking this too far. Please just move past the bitterness and lets all have fun, after all this is a social swap. Look up the meaning of social. We are all just here to enjoy each others fellowship and friendship. This has put a damper on everything concerning this group. Please just move on and enjoy this wonderful group like we are all doing. There are two GREAT swaps going on so lets just all do like Sue and put things past where they belong... in the past.

Susie this swap is awesome, I love reading about all the awesome baskets!!! I wish I could be a fly on the wall when everyone receives their picnics, that would be sooo much fun!!!

Pixie

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Dog is after pixi now. I am social, I started this group, so don't like to be given orders..

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

IGGY

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

How can anyone stay upset when looking at this face?

Giant Hug,
    Deb

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Lol, very true Deb! Sooooches! Is that Toby? I think it is but been awhile.

• veeja11
    16 years ago

It's people like you Deb that make this whole group worthwhile. what a cutie. hugs carol