Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

PP's August Chat & Game Thread 2

sassyd
14 years ago

Thought I better start a new thread. Back later to speak.

Sassy

Comments (114)

• tracyvine
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Carmen, your little Grammunchkin is adorable! I love the little hula outfit! She is the cutest! I want to squeeze those cheeks! You must have the greatest time when she comes to visit!

Kat, thank you for posting all those tips! That is awesome. I'm clipping your post to save for next year so I can do one in the spring. I was going to ask the same thing Carmen did about the floaties. Do you use styrofoam or fishing bobbers? I never would have thought of going to petsmart for the filter. Perfect!

Bea, I love the pictures! Which coreopsis is that? I really like it. Your kitty is hillarious in that tube. Hide and go seek kitty? lol!

I've been busily getting all the kids school supplies, clothes, haircuts and everything else that I can think of preparing for school to start next week. They go back on Wednesday. I'm not ready for summer to end! I am going to sulk when they get on the bus. (big boo boo face)

Hugs,
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

I like making stuff too, I just don't have a lot of time to work on stuff anymore.
    I haven't made anything since I made our Christmas ornaments for the Dec swap last year! Greenthumbgrow-Tammy made some cute little plant holds she has pics on her website, I HOPE she will share directions for LOL. I liked those!!! I want some. HEHE.

I don't post much when there aren't any others folks posting, I feel like I am talking to myself..lol.

Carmen, I guess I can start talking to you hehe, don't let me down now. I don't want to feel like I am posting to myself again! LOL.
    You know I LOVE those ring holders you make those are just the neatest things! You can send me some ideas if you like, I am always interested in learning something new, esp stuff for outside.

Kat, I sent you an email. I hope all goes well for you today! Please let us know what they said as soon as you can.

Sassy how are you? I hope all is well with you.

Hello everyone, where are you all? Busy? It gets lonesome in here when no one is posting...boring too.

What happened to Daniel? I sure hope I didn't scare him off, I so sorry...PLEASE come back and talk to us LOL.

Ok well gotta go do some stuff...will check back later.
    :) Fran

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I saw a cute little girl as I scrolled down here, but I will have to catch up on the threads tomorrow to find out who she belongs to. I did a speed log on to let Fran know that her prize is in the mail, DC. 03082040000113830663.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

You know Fran.... After about 24 hours with nobody posting I had to go out there with my stick and beat the bushes to see who would come out and play. I sorry I didn't mean to hit you so hard.LOL Thanks for the compliment on the ring holders, I saw those in a very expensive antique store and had to visit 10 times before I could figure out how to make. The store sells them for 29.95 but you... mine are prettyr. My nick name should be Cannon OR maybe Xerox I am a very good coppier. LOL

Tracy, that munchkin is juicy!!! I don't visit very offten anymore, they move to PA last Chrismas. so so far away :o(
    but when they do visit we have a grand time.
    but I have 2 others here close by that helps alot :o)

Ok who else needs a good wack!! SWAT SWAT SWAT (hitting the
    bushes)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Alana you are to funny Speed log LOL

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Alana, lol, lucky it was too hot for bushes.
    I've posted 27 hours ago, not so long, hey..Fran,I comment when noone is asking for it either, smile.
    Kat, again, best of luck at the dr's.
    Carmen, your granmuchkin is adorable and must be making you happy with her dancing and all.
    Snowie is the sweetest, smartest cat we've had, wouldn't trade him for all the plants ..as much as I love em.
    My grandson loved to dance, elephants were his fav too,Becky.
    Tracy, Coreopsis is "Sweet Dreams", been blooming for a long time, having seeds but haven't grown any from seed, roots easily from divisions.
    Have I sent any seeds of it to anyone and have you had success growing it?

How can I make my pics larger in here?

later all, have a great day,

Bea

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Bea If you have your pictures in photo bucket there is a place to enlarge It has taken me months of trying to figure it out but I think I've got it now. I just played and played and clicked on everything and read and read till I got it. OH boy I figured out how to do pictures watch out!!
    My experience has been to read read and read all the tabs
    sounds crazy but that was the only way for me to learn.

Carmen

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Carmen, I would love to comment on your grand child BUT I can't see the pic, for some reason it will not load for me! I even click on it and tell it to show pic abd it STILL will not! ERRRR.

Alana, thank you you are so sweet!

Karen, I haven't gotten the seed prize together for you yet and now that you one the other one I am going to send it all together when I decide what your prize should be for that one!
    I have too look at your want list again!!!! Maybe I will have something you are looking for, not sure but I will check to see if not then it will be something random ;)

I don't much use photobucket anymore, I like tinypic and I use it. It is SOOO much easier to use.

Ok, well gonna to read some more info on how to make this and that hehe, I just found a fun site that I didn't know what out there and now I have been reading since yesterday!
    They have some really neat instructions on there!!!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Fran, it's quite alright to talk to yourself. I do it all the time. I do get a little worried when I start answering my own questions though! ;)

Today was the last workday for the teachers and the kids come back tomorrow. If you remember I said that I had to change rooms this year and had to unpack 14 years of collected junk. Well, today at 2:00 the principal comes in and tells me that they are moving me to another room. Needless to say when the kids come in tomorrow they will see bunches of unpacked boxes sitting around the room. Maybe I'll have them help me unpack!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

OUCH!
    I was outside cleaning and watering today and the strangest thing happened, I got whacked right in the head with a large stick and for some reason I felt that I had to post!! LOL

Hi Everyone,

I've been a busy little beaver lately,one of the managers went on vacation so extra hours for me. I've also been tinkering in the yard, it's been way too hot to do much more.

I went to lowes last night and got 2 miracle heucheras in 2 gallon pots for $2 a piece, They need a bit of extra water but will perk up in no time I'm sure! I also got 8 others in 1 gallon pot for $1 each, I just love that store!

Tracy and Carmine, the children are adorable!

Alana, drop me your addy and I'll send out the 7 foot malva seeds.

I'm looking forward to next months swap!!

Have a great night everyone
    Lisa

Denise, your campanula seeds went out today.

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Busy and exciting times for you all with schools starting, very best wishes for children and you! My grandson starts 5th grade (already ?! wow!) this monday, has been on honor roll all along, tops in his grades. We've said the other day we have 2 geniuses in the family, Dillon and Snowie, lol Snowie followed me and Dillon home 5 yrs ago. What's best about him is, he makes me go outside even on days I'd rather stay inside and keep cool, his enthusiasm is catching! Wants to go out every morning and around 5 pm, like clockwork! Who else to make daily walks with and relax on the patio with...while the rain is falling around? It's interesting out there and worth sweating thru.
    Carmen, yes, knew about reading, but it's always EASIER ASKING someone who read it,lol
    What I do--ask my children to show me, let them learn first...hey, but I figure lots by myself.
    Wouldn't want too large pics ( over entire screen) just may be 1/3 length of a screen. I'll be reading a bit tomorrow.

Been watching America got Talent! Who else watches every show?

will see you soon,
    Bea

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

How do you get to greenthumbgrow's website? I want to see her crafty things.

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Becky here is the link to Tammy's (greenthumbgrow's website) she has been VERY busy this year! She is amazing!

Here is a link that might be useful: greenthumbgrow's happenings

• pat_6
    14 years ago

I've been compelled to post! The pics of babies and puppies and kittens (okay, cats) are too much to resist!

Karen - I'm so happy for you that you have your new Lab puppy, Nicki. You will love her so! Labs are great dogs. They're so smart and very willing to please. We had for more than a decade, until Ellie, our 12 year old black female, died this past Valentine's Day. We still have Zed though; an 11 year old yellow male. They have been an important part of our lives.

Bea - I love your pictures of Snowie. He's beautiful! (By the way, when I click on your small pics, it takes me to a large Photobucket image that's easy to see.) Are his eyes blue? He looks like a Siamese-Tabby mix. We used to have a female named Meisha who looked a LOT like Snowie. Sometime when I think of it, I'll find a picture (a hard copy that I'll need to scan)of here to post. She was so pretty! She could have been Snowie's sister. :)

Speaking of cats, have you seen that YouTube video of "Nora the Piano Playing Cat"? It's cute. Nora's humans teach piano and, apparently, she has puzzled out how to make music herself. She sits up on the bench and presses the piano keys with her front paws.

Tracy - I already said this to you off-thread but your kids are adorable! They look so happy in those pictures that it makes me want to be that age and feel the unabashed pleasure of going to the fair! I remember that feeling. Now I'm old and grouchy and it's not nearly so much fun!

Lisa - As always, your planting beds are gorgeous! Congrats on coming across such a great plant sale! I found Heuchera 'Miracle' at Lowe's earlier this season but I'm sorry to report that mine has never developed any coloration. I hope yours does. The pictures of it make it look stunning!

Kat - I said "welcome" earlier but then disappeared for weeks. I just want to say that you are making a great contribution to the group. You pictures are terrific and you seem to be involved in so many creative projects! Like others, I look forward to seeing the pictures of your etched mirror.

I hope things went well at your doctor's appt.

Carmen - Your grand daughter is just the cutest thing! She looks so pleased with herself. That smile is priceless!

Mariann - You are welcome for my input on the game rules. I hope it helped. I'll be happy to try to help you keep things straight in the upcoming White Elephant but it's going to be a challenge! I don't know if you followed the goings-on when Shirley hosted but we got confused more than once! LOL!

Fran - I don't know if I actually posted, or if I just thought I would and then wandered off, but that was a great fill-in-the-blank game you made! It was SO involved. Obviously it took a lot of thought.

Someone else had a nice game earlier in the month that was movie names. Who was that? Kat? Denise? Whoever it was, I thought that was a nice choice for a bunch of gardeners.

Alana, Annie, Becky, Shirley, Sassy, Daniel and whomever I missed, "Hi!"

It was suppposed to rain here (again) today. So far it is bright and sunny. The humidity is so high that it feels like you're standing in front of a dryer vent! LOL! Even so, I guess I'd better take advantage of the weather and get outside with the weed trimmer before the vegetation grows so high I can't fight my way outside! This is what I imagine living in the rainforest is like!

Pat

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I am laughing so hard right now. I think "JUICY" it a perfect description of the munchkin! I bet when you hug her she just drips with love. I may have to squeeze her. LOL.

You should be careful with that bush whacker! I see you got Lisa real good. :O)

Lisa, She didn't get you too hard, did she? It's been miserably hot here lately too. I've been hiding from the gardens with all the shopping for the kids. I hate it, can't stand stores, blech!

We did get some rain last night so that was good, I won't have to water too much today. Thank goodness!

Bea, if you look at the pictures individually on photobucket and put your cursor near the top the task bar should appear with some options. Resize should be there and click on medium. I think that will be more what you are looking for. That is the size that I used for the kid's pics above, if you like them a bit bigger then choose large. I personally like the large one for garden pics, more detail to look at when I am lurking in all your gardens! :O)

• pat_6
    14 years ago

I thought I'd post an update on my summer-long paver project! As many of you know, I started this about 6 weeks ago. I'm sure it should have been finished in a few days but I don't seem to find a lot of time to work on it. When it's not raining, it's so hot by 11 a.m. that I run for the a/c. I have made some progress though. I've only about 4' more to extend the unfinished edge. (Each of those largest blocks is about 15" long, so just a few rows to go.) Before I can do that, I/we have to build a small (about 10' long x 18" high) retaining wall to shore up that end. If you look closely, you will see that the detail cuts (around the curves and edges) are unfinished. That's because I'm going to have to rent a saw with which to do that. I decided to wait until the project is all-but-finished, rent the saw and make all my cuts in one weekend.

{{gwi:1297675}}

I've really GOT to finish this up in the next week or so. DH and I are planning to start the new house siding and window installation the first part of Sep!

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Bea - your cat is beautiful I have a grey one just like him.

Your coureopsis is going on my wish list. That is beautiful!

Carmen- she is adorable. My little Danae had the same outfit but green hula. I can't believe she is getting ready to start school already. I would love to see your plant markers also if you could. I love ideas for them. Me and danae paint terracotta pots upside down and hang them. Its very cute also.

I just now got to catch up on everyone and THANKS fran for thinking I am amazing (but everyone really I am not. I just really love gardening - its my stress reliever!) ... (see how much stress I have relieved at the website!) LOL

Lisa - I hope your heads alright from that wack. I just missed it! LOL

Pat - I love your paver project! that is absolutely gorgeous.

**I see talk about sopme crafty ideas. I will have to find it later when I get home from Danaes openhouse. Yeah! I love ideas!

Tammy ;-) AKA greenthumbgrow

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

ROTFLing, Tammy I am laughing so hard!!!! when you addressed pat about the pavers here is what I read....
    Pat I love your prayer project that is absolutely gorgeous
    My thought was how is prayer gorgeous? so silly me I had to go back and read it again. Crack me up
    Sometimes I wonder about myself LOL good to see you Tammy

Pat that is an awesome job you're doing,and great prayer too LOL

Girls thank you for the compliments on the baby she is just the sweetest child, but she's very touchy when it comes to touching her stuffed puppy, "don't touch my puppy"
    with very stern look, its is hilarious so needless to say we touch her puppy alot.hehe

Carmen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Pat, I don't know how I missed your post before mine, I must have walked off while I was typing or something and never checked back. The walkway is beautiful. I will have to show Ed the picture when I see him in the morning. I absolutely love it! You hung the gate! It looks perfect at the end of the walk. I think you are the most amazing person.

Thanks for the comments on the kids' pictures. When they were much younger it wasn't quite as much fun for us big folks. Now that they are a bit older, and much more fearless, I stand at the side of the rides and laugh my fool head off at their joy. I literally have a smile as wide as my head watching them. They really do bring you into the moment with them.

Kat, how did the appointment go yesterday? I hope it went well!

Bea, I forgot to tell you thank you for telling me the name of the coreopsis. I thought it might be American Dreams or Sweet Dreams when I saw your pictures. Yours is the first one I've seen in bloom from an actual garden and not a catalogue, they've both been one of my wants for quite a while now. I KNOW I need to order Sweet Dreams for sure after seeing your picture. Beautiful!

Becky, I am groaning at the thought of you having to move all the boxes and set up in time for classes to start. You poor girl! I know the kids will be happy to help you set up. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Tammy, I forgot to tell you earlier, those mini gardens aren't mine. They were on display at the fair and were judged in the container planting competition. I have some pics from last year that I like even better. I will have to dig them up to show you when things quiet down around here a bit.

We had a wild day here. A storm blew in at around 3pm, we had high winds all day long before that. I had to stop at the post office and the wind blew my van door into me and knocked me over into the step of the van. I'm not tiny so it must have been a doozy of a gust. lol. Then the rain started right when our Heritage Days parade was starting for our little town celebration. Lightning struck a transformer on the parade route before the parade began and it blew up. Wires came falling down onto the road and sidewalk. A little boy was riding his bike and just made it out of the way. My eight year old, Jack, was there with our neighbors and saw the whole thing from inside their van where they were waiting out the storm. They were pretty frightened by what they saw but are all fine. The whole town lost power for 4 hours. I'm surprised they got the electricity back on so quickly. Needless to say, the parade got cancelled and they'll try it again tomorrow. :O)

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Lisa got hit in the head with a stick? Was that real or was that a cyber stick? Sorry-I have been working very hard this week and I am having trouble keeping up.
    I have to take a break for a couple of days because I ran over my camara this morning and I have to use it for work. I am tryng not to be upset but I could kick my own butt for laying in on the hood and then backing over it when it fell off. I just replaced my old one in May.

How ya'll are? I hope everyone is well and making the most of the end of summer.
    Tracy, I am glad your son was safe during that storm. It has been a destructive year so far.
    Bea, I hope the predictions of little hurricane activity are true and you have an uneventful fall.
    Have a good afternoon everyone. Watch out for sticks.
    Alana

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Alana she got hit with the stick Carmen was whacking the bushes with looking for us Petal Pushers to come talk to her LOL.

I received my prize box from you today THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I appreciate it, I hope it blooms next year! YEAH!

How is everyone today? Here it is HOT! We are supposed to get rain today but at the moment it is sunny and hottier the heck! I sure hope we get some more rain today we sure need it.

Hope everyone is have a terrific Friday.

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Lisa, I got the seeds today. Thank you!!! That was so nice of you. Can't wait to get them started this winter.

Pat, Your sidewalk looks great. It looks like you put alot of care and thought into making it look so nice.

Carmen, your granddaughter is a cutie. How old is she?

I have been a little busy lately with a few different swaps and I have also had out of town company for a few days. I will be on here more next month I hope.

Denise

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Thank you all for the well wishs! The doc's visit went well! I was nervous that I was going to have more surgery but to my luck he said that it seems to be holding up find. I am going to have a mri in two weeks to verify but he's happy so i'm estatic! I'm back in physical therapy, finally able to drive, and back to my old self.. almost!

Pat, you sidewalk looks awesome!

talk to you all soon!

-kat

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Kat that is fantastic news!

Pat, your walkway actually loaded for me this time, FABULOUS GIRL!

AHHH, Carmen your grandbabies pic FINALLY LOADED FOR ME yippee, she is such a cutie patootie!

Ok I just wanted to give a shout out, I am head to bed now, night all!

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Hi everyone, it's been stormy, would have to log off as soon as I got back on. Friend came over this morning to mow the lawn, there was work afterwards for me but he is a big help.

Kat, what a great news!!! ********* Hope your good fortune continues.

Becky, didn't know you were a teacher, admirable job!
    Pat, your Meisha must've been sweet too. My sweet Siamese was almost 18 when she passed on last April. She was not a pure bred either, been having Siamese for about 37 years and never a pure-bred.
    Snowie's eyes are 3 shades of blue, he's a mixed Siamese/Tabby/ Rascal..lol,right now he's looking at 2 older female cats ( 16 and 17) if one starts walking around he's ready to run after. Yes, seen Nora playing piano, impressive, but can she type on line like Snowie does? Of course it's always erased, lol
    Have I told you your sidewalk is pretty? Love those colors!
    Tammy, post us your kitty's picture? Oh, see the paper tubing with a cord next to Snowie in the tube? I thought of making those simple things, keep one right here and holding the cardboard tube I move the cord around for him to play, one is on sofa -hit on tube with it,he loves the crinkling sound. Find the tube by my chair here in the morning at other times, he's been hunting,lol I also thought of cutting the paper tube ( alum. foil comes on) into small rings, safe and fun, throw them on tube from here, among other plays, it's not bad if we step on them.
    He'd fetch me those rings to my bed when I had to be in bed, repeatedly, at least 10 times, had exercise and made me smile. I'm trying to have him lose some weight since he isnt running around as much.
    Tracy, good idea about enlarging pictures, thank you...still haven't looked into it more, will soon.
    We could trade plants later on, I have Coreopsis "Sweet Dreams" and more.
    Anyone wants to make a seed trade? Been busy with seed packets, posted on Seed Exchange Free Seeds for trade or BEAP.

Alana, thank you..hope hurricanes keep going in the way of Bill, far from any major population.

Need zzzs, have a great weekend all,

Bea

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Oh Alana, sorry about your camera how terrible. I always try not to lay things on the car because I have done what you have. Well, not actually run over it but things have fallen off and broken.

Yesterday I grabbed by watch as I was going out the door and my hands were full. I got to school and I didn't have it on and it wasn't in my pocket. I worried about it all day. DH and I went out to eat and when we got in the van he handed me my watch. I said, "Where did you find that?" He said, "I bought it for you today." I said, "Oh you did not. That's the one you bought me for our anniversary." He said, "Didn't you like it?" I said, "Yes, where did you find it?" He said, "On the carport." It's a wonder I didn't run over it when I pulled in yesterday evening!

The weather has cooled down some here so I am off to try and work in the gardens. I found out yesterday from my chiropractor (after having x-rays done) that I have arthritis in my lower back. That explains the severe pain and problems I've been having with my lower back!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana, I am so sad that your camera is broken. I was furious with myself when I left my camera out in the rain last summer. I was sick at having to replace it. I hope you find a good deal on a new one. I was lucky and got one that was an upgrade from my old one at the same price as the old one after a bit of shopping around.

Kat, that is great news! I am very happy for you. I bet you are thrilled to be able to drive again on your own. Restrictions are terrible! I hope therapy goes smoothly.

Bea, I'd love to do a trade with you. I'll be doing some more moving plants around next week so email me what you would like. :O) Your Snowie sounds like quite the hunter. I love watching the kitties stalk toys and other furry friends. They crack me up at how fiercely they "eye" their prey.

Becky, lucky you that your hubby found your watch. What a tease he is! LOL.

Fran, congrats on getting Alana's prize! You lucky girl!

Hugs all!
    Tracy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Oh Alana, I meant to commit on you losing your camera. I use to be bad about sitting stuff on top of the car, lost many things that way. I so learned my lesson I would also sit stuff on the windsheild in the crack of the hood, NOT really a good place either.
    I think it is amazing that you can sit something on the top of the car, and get IN just in those few seconds forgotten all about sitting whatever you just did on top of the car!
    I hate it was your camera, I lost one that way too. And my cell phone and a few other not so good things to lose.
    I hope you can find a good replacement cheap. I really am sorry you lost it esp like that.

HEY everyone, how are you today? It is gonna be another hot day today, sad too because it is supposed to rain and I had hoped to get some plants dug in the rain.

HEY BEA! Good you are having good luck with not getting bad storms...

Pat I really do love that walkway!, wanna come help me do something grand like that too? hehe...

HEY Miss Tracy, I know I still haven't gotten you those pics yet...I will, I haven't forgotten I was supposed to do it, I have just been busy.

Ok, well I am off to go check other things.

Later all,

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

Hi! I will get a photo as soon as possible. my mom has her now she was too old to move to the new house when I got married she is very tempermental about things like that. I have another cat also (that lives here with me) she is adorable also I will try and get photos of both of them.

BTW - Yes the prayer is gorgeous.... LOL...

Tammy ;-)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hello everyone:)

Tuff couple of weeks for me, sorry I haven't had a chance to get on the boards. I'm so tired, and frustrated, my working more meant Kenzie going to daycare which we all know means....sick children. She's been out since the middle of the week with a viral throat infection which the doc said was very contagious. Ya think???

Anyway, enough about my life, I hope you all are doing ok. I apologize, I just don't think I can go back thru all these posts, lol. We have been chatty! I better start from here.....lol

Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Hey there Miss Sassy! Sorry it's been on the rough side lately. I hate it when the kiddos come down with bugs. I hope Kenzie feels better quickly. Smooches!

Tracy

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Heading outside before it rains, puffy sun-lit clouds ( cumuluses?) filled the skies earlier, pretty.
    Hi Tracy, lol...seen scarier wet kitties.

Sassy, aww sorry Kenzie has been sick, antibiotics will make it all well soon.
    Let her gargle with warm salty water, about 1/2 tsp salt in ab. 1/2 c water, salt kills bacteria, gives relief. Know it also worked for toothaches, take care, hugs.

Bea

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Do we know what type of swap September is going to be?

Tried to get out and pull weeds from the garden yesterday morning while it was cool. Lasted about 20 minutes before my back got too painful to bear. I didn't get much accomplished.

Looks like our heat is going back up into the 80s next week. Yuck! I'm tired of it already. I want a long cool fall.

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

That bathing cat isn't so scary as it is silly Bea. lol. Sassy should post her picture of the bikini cats laying poolside getting their tan on. It is hillarious.

Mariann is hosting a shade plant swap for September and it will be a thieving style called a White Elephant Exchange. She's working on the rules now and will post them when she starts the sign-ups. She is also making a list of plants that are shade loving and also work well for sun and shade areas.

I feel for you with your back troubles. Hubby was helping friends move into their new house yesterday and he is stiff and achey from carrying the furniture downstairs and then upstairs all day long. Poor guy is sore all over. :O(

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hello my peeps , how are you all today :o)

Tracy I must say I do hate those ugly a$$ cats LOL. I don't know where you come up with this stuff.Can ya teach where and how so I can do it too Ha Ha Ha can ya ha? hehe

Kat I'm so happy for you getting a good report from your doc, Isn'it the best feeling to be able to drive again?? I couldn't drive for 3 months a few years ago when I had hand surgery.The best of luck on your thereapy.

Mariann I can't wait for the shade swap I need a fix. Shade is mostly what I have in my little yard.

Bea I can relate, I too am so tired of this heat, it actually makes very tired

I took a tour of my yard today and by gosh I have lost a ton of plants. what didn't get fried by the heat drowned with the rain, lost most of my heucheras, iris, and hostas Hopefuly what I have left will make it thru Aug

To everyone else I hope you are having a great weekend
    Hugs, Carmen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Carmen, I think you made the kitty mad! They are mean, I'd watch it if I were you. LOL!

I just do searches on Photobucket for any silly thing that crosses my mind. If it makes me laugh then I grab it and post to here. Sometimes I save them to my photobucket WebArt album to tinker with later and add some silly comments or decorate them a bit with PB's editing tools.

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Now he is cute!!
    See ya.... headed for photo bucket!!!!
    (hair flying in the air smoke coming out of my shoes)

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Kat, congratulations on your Dr. visit! You must be very relieved!
    This has been one of the most eventful summers of my life. It seems every time I post here I have a new drama to relate and I kind of hate that, but here I go again...
    My son's home burned yesterday morning just at sunrise. He was walking his dog when he saw smoke coming from that direction but he thought it was a neighbor burning some splintered boards from storm damage last month and did not realize it was his place until he started back up his driveway. The firemen said they thought it was an electrical fire that started in the bathroom. It was an older home. He and the dog are fine, so everything else can be dealt with a bit at a time and he has a great network of friends and family that are stepping in to help so all will be well.
    Fran, I am glad you liked your prize. It should bloom next year for you.
    I have not been on all weekend so I am going to check out the rest of the forum now.
    Everyone have a calm, pleasant, stress free day. We are not supposed to get much above 80 today, so it should be a lovely day here.
    Alana

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana, I am so sorry for your son! What a horrible thing to have happen. I am very happy that he and his dog weren't home when it happened. I hope that the repairs go quickly.

This has been a very destructive summer for you. I bet you have reached your limit with all the strange happenings. I am going to pray that things calm down for you and your family and that all of you stay safe.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Alana, so sorry it's all piled up in such a way, terrible for your son, but thankully he and his dog are alive and well and with so many people helping him all's going to be well, hugs.

Tracy, sure was a funny site, I've seen silly even when there was non there, lol
    Carmen and all...we are having a COOLER 2-3 days!! Weatherman just said --44% humidity, temp 85 deg. Feels great for us who've been like in a steam engine out there for over 3 months...makes me more active out there and feel fall is around the corner, might be a long corner, but at least temps won't be as high.

I have a few BRAIN TESTS for you, old ones I think are worth repeating.
    After not seeing it for a while we tend to forget some...but for those who've memorized it all, please let newbies to this quiz work on it some, okay?

Q#1......... You are a participant in a race. You overtake the second person and take his place.
    What position are you in?

Q#2....... If you overtake the last person, then you are..?

Q#3....... Very tricky arithmetic! Note: This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use pen and paper or calculator.
    Try it....
    Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. Add another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What's the total?

Q#4....... A mute person goes into a store and wants to buy a toothbrush. By imitating the action of brushing his teeth he successfully expresses himself and clerk sells him the toothbrush. Next, a blind man walks in and wants to buy a pair of sunglasses, how does he indicate what he wants?

have fun, take care
    Bea

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oooooh Tracy! You use my own kitty in the pool against me? Excuse me???? I'll tell ya what, you're a bad girl!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

What? Did you say something Sassy? I couldn't hear you. LOL! Is that yours? Hmmmm, I didn't see your name on it. ROFL! Go get your bikini kitties! Hurry up!

Bea, there are some very silly things on there! LOL!

Answers

Q1: second place if the person is second from the front.

Q2: ?

Q3: 5000

Q4: He tells the clerk! ROFL (first thought was to pantomime sunglasses! LOL)

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Not to worry......Bea & I will be talking about you behind your back!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Woops! That pic didn't take, here's another one for you. Carmen should LOVE it! LOL!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

I shaved your cat while you weren't looking. :O)

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Oh DAGOMMIT TRACY, stop it!!! now I'm gona have catmares tonight. you now tracy I an old lady this is not good for my heart LOL

Alana I'm so sorry, this has been an awful summer for some of us. I too will pray for you and your family.

Good night ladies and may God richly bless all

Carmen

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alana, sorry sweetie to hear that, hope everything gets better for you!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Oh Alana, I am so sorry to hear about your son. You are really having a rough go. I hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Bea
    Q1 first
    Q2 next to last
    Q3 5000
    Q4 he asks for them

The air conditioning unit went out in my room at school yesterday. So today looks like a fun day.

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Lol, you all trying to disturb the dogs and their owners?

Hey Sassy, which one am I , bottoms look a bit larger on the gold one, guess that's me, lol

Why don't we create CAPTIONS for the picture of cool kitties?
    Come one, lets see some funnies!

I'll give it a try, for a starter....

" NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF HOME-GROWN CATNIP, DON'T YOU AGREE? "

Tracy, got first and last right!
    Becky, you got last Q right...good try both.

Winner gets more recipes than participants, unless some don't care for them, am clear out of stamps, not that there has to be a prize, just figured we could trade recipes occasionally and here's a chance.

have a great day, be well,

Bea

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hello everyone!

I haven't been around much lately, been working both jobs.

The math question answer is 4100, it's funny how people add the 1000 instead of 10. I didn't even try the others, I only like math..lol

Becky, I mailed your campanula and shast Becky seeds out today.

Alana, I'm sorry about all your troubles lately, I'm so glad that the fire happened by day and not during sleeping hours for your son, at least they weren't hurt!! xmaseve many years ago and she lost her dog,it happened in the middle of the night. She was devastated so my brother and I bought her a new dog and had to take it back because her landlord wouldn't let her "grandmother> have it.

Tracy...stop causing trouble!!!!

to everyone else...hello!!!!

time to get back outside, it's not too bad out today.

Lisa