Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mama_b_gw

NEW: newby looking to join a trade

mama_b
15 years ago

i dont understand the round robin exchange but would love to join in on one. hoping for a vet to take me under their lovely wings. thanks

Comments (4)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Hi Mama b! Welcome to the RR trades!

Most groups in the RR forums will pick a theme for the month, and base their trades around that. Each group will assign partners, and each one will send a box of plants, seeds or other gardening goodies to their partner. They try to assign different partners every month, so that you have the opportunity to trade with many different people.
    The specific requirements for each swap are usually posted at the beginning of the swap, and each swap is different in what you'll need to send.
    That is how most groups work.

There are several swaps open right now. I think one of the best groups to dip your toes in is the MNF group. Their swap "Garden Junk" is going on this month. I'm not sure what the cut off for the sign ups is (they may already have partners & already swapping for the month) but they are always open for new swappers for the new trades beginning each month.
    There are MANY MANY great folks in that group, they're always tons of fun & lots of help. Even if you don't swap this month, I know they'd love to have you join in the conversations, and it'll give you an idea of how the swaps work.

There is also a swap going on right now that I'm hostessing - "Make Over My Garden!". I am assigning partners on Sunday, so you are more than welcome to join in that one, if you'd like. Again, you can also just join in the conversations & games going on, too, until you get the feel of what goes on.

So, just pick a thread (or several!!), and jump right in!
    We'd all be happy to have you! :O)

Melissa

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hi Mama!
    Welcome (back) to GW! Nice to meet ya!
    Come on over to MNF (Make New Friends), Like Melissa said we have a lot of fun there! I think the deadline to join the August swap is the 10th. And the one Melissa is hosting is a good one too!

We talk about everything over at MNF, and I mean EVERYTHING! LOL

Come over and introduce yourself!

Vic

• ladygreensleeves
    15 years ago

Hello Mama,
    Welcome to the RR forums as hazelnutbunny(Melissa)mentioned there are several rr's in progress right now. The MNF is a excellent bunch of people to get to know and swap with, and everyone enjoys having fun as well and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. If you like to swap houseplants as well you are welcome to join us at the Plantaholics Anonymous Houseplant #1 Cont swap.This is our first swap as a group and we hope to have more. We will be receiving partners on the 15th. and swapping by the 30th of August. And of course we would love having you join us.Hope to see you around!

Regina(ladygreensleeves)

• southerncharm1
    15 years ago

Hello and Welcome! We also have a group called Incredible Edibles, currently taking sign ups for the month of September. :) The swaps are completely edible that are swapped by seed, we do swaps each month based on a theme of edibles. If you are interested or curious, come on over! :)

All the swaps here have different requirements, usually posted on the 1st post. :) Hope you'll find one you absolutely love! Lots of great folks around here. :)

Happy gardening,
    Kathy

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH