Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: Back to School- Fall Fresh Seed Spectacular Swap 2010

godsgarden9
13 years ago

WELCOME TO THE BACK TO SCHOOL-FALL SPECTACULAR FRESH SEED SWAP 2010

.All are welcome to participate whether you have only 5 pacekts to send in or if you have 300 or more packets to send in, all are welcome to participate, its alot of fun.

.You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due until November 1. If you need more time, this is fine, just let us know.

.Please send all your seeds with a return mailing label and enough postage for us to return you new seeds to you, or if you want just insert a new envelope with enough postage to return your new seeds to you.

.Seed packet amounts, and these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tine- 100+ seeds, small 50+, medium 25+, and large 10+. Please make a list of what seeds you are sending as this will assist us with the ability of sending you different seeds.

.You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless you request less or if you want to donate some to newbies.

.We will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send in no more than 10 of the same varieity.

.Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com

if you post on the gardenweb and it doesnt leave your email address.

. This is to be fun, and you should receive alot of new varieties you dont already have, and it is mostly dependent on you, so please send alot of variety. So sign up today and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

.You can list you preference, flowers, vegetables, if you prefer, or in return you will receive a mix.

. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address, and I should get in touch with you.. godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Comments (131)

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Sent out my bubbler this morning. But, I didn't get a DC number. It should be okay.

Thanks again Willie! vina

• jaynine
    13 years ago

My seeds are on their way. Thanks.

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Mailing seeds today.

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Hi Willy
    My seeds are on the way,,alot this year yippie,, the extra is for you hosting this for all of us,, thank you and may God Bless Lisa

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi, everyone, this is your host Willy... I am glad for all that have signed up so far for the swap, and even if you need a little more time than the November 1st deadline, that is fine, but I will be starting after the 1st to put seed packets together... and still there is time for those that havent have had a chance to sign up.. and I will follow up this swap with a NEW YEARS SWAP, so I will be posting it soon, thanks again for all participating, we have lots of new and unusual items going out in this years swap.. bless you all.... Willy.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Willy, my seeds are on the way. Will you be posting a list of the people that you have received seeds from?

• snapdragon36
    13 years ago

Mailed my seeds out today.
    Thanks Debbie

• clc70
    13 years ago

I mailed my seeds off on Thursday, Connie.

• Ann
    13 years ago

Willie:

Did you get my envie? Please let me know.

Thanks, Ann

• ramazz
    13 years ago

I mailed my seeds today and they should arrive on Friday, according to the post office.

Becky

• alwaysagarden
    13 years ago

Hi Willy,
    I too would like to know if you can post a list of the envelopes of seeds you have recieved.

Thanks so much,
    Cindy

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

Mailed my seeds today :)

• drippy
    13 years ago

Finally got my seeds out in the mail today. Knowing the mail system here, it may be a bit after the 1st that they arrive.

To those who have posted requests that Willy post a list of seeds he's received: as long as I've participated in his swaps - and he's been doing them a long time - I've never seen him do that. Just not his style, unless he decides to change it. He's probably more likely to email you if he didn't receive your seeds.

This is a massive swap, which seems to get bigger every year. Willy is a good, reliable host - my advice is - don't worry!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

My package went out yesterday as well. Thanks again Willie!!

~Wendy / sassby.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Here's my confirmation# 03102010000178324859

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• weebay
    13 years ago

My seeds are in the mail.
    thanks
    weebay

• cheezweaz
    13 years ago

My seeds are going out in the mail tomorrow. You should see them soon!!! Angel (cheezweaz)

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, this is willy your host, I usually dont list all the packets that have been received as they often come in up to a week or two after the deadline and that is fine, but if you want to know, just email me, personally as the emails from your posting dont go through to me, and as I continue to update the list, I will let you know if I have received your seed packets. And if you still need a week or so, that is fine, as it will take a couple of weeks to go through all the seed packets and return them to you.. Hopefully it has been fun, and you'll enjoy the wonderful selection of seeds you will receive. I follow up this swap with a New Years Swap, so anyone that still has more seeds or wasnt able to get all your seed together, is welcome to sign up for the New Years Swap.

• firegurl
    13 years ago

Sorry I am going to have to drop out of this one, I just realized that I am way too late and have been having internet troubles so I haven't logged on lately. I apologize. Have fun everyone.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

I got my package back today!! Thank you so much Willy! I've spent the past hour googling seeds! :) That was a really quick turn around, you did a wonderful job!

Thank you!
    Wendy / sassyb.

• elliesfun
    13 years ago

I also received my seeds and have been googling some of them to see what they are. Thank you so much for all the hard work. I don't think I will ever buy another gardening book when all the information you need is on the internet. Can hardly wait for the Fresh New Years Seed Swap. Have a great day!

Ellie

• Ann
    13 years ago

Willy,

Just wanted to thank you for the great selection of seeds. Can't wait to start WSing! You may have created a monster - I'm thinking about signing up for the New Year's swap too!

Ann

• ramazz
    13 years ago

I got my seeds yesterday, too. I couldn't believe the variety and will have to get busy looking things up before I can plant most of them. Thanks for a great swap.

Becky

• snapdragon36
    13 years ago

Willy,
    I received my seeds. Thanks for all the great seeds and hard work. Thanks to all who Shared their seeds.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Debbie

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Got mine also~thanks.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

I got mine today too.... thank you!

Lisa

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to a great host and thanks to all who shared their seeds.

Don

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived and I'm delighted.
    I've never had a better selection.
    YEAH WILLIE!!!!
    bethb

• drippy
    13 years ago

Willy, I got mine today, too, and like a little kid, I had to open them and ooh & ah before I went to work - what a nice selection! Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

Kim

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Oh My Thank you ever so very much,, what a package,, still looking them up,, This has just been the greatest,,Have so many,,really so many,,lol
    Willy you are a great host
    Bless you and your helpers too,, must of been alot of seeds to go threw,, thanks for your hard work for all of us.. Lisa

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Got mine today also. Thank you Willie and everyone who
    participated. Nice selection.

• clc70
    13 years ago

Got my seeds, and all Ican say is WOW. Thanks Willie for being such a great host, and thanks all for the wonderful seeds.

• appaloosa909
    13 years ago

I received my seeds too! Thanks Willie for another great swap.

See you next year :)
    Andrea

• booberry85
    13 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

Becky

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    13 years ago

Hi Willie,

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks very much for all of your hard work and for sending me a very nice assortment! I'm really glad I joined your swap. - Lisa

• Angela
    13 years ago

Received! Thank you very much. It looks like a great selection. :)

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Willie I received my seeds yesterday and I want to thank you for doing an excellent job. I was really surprised to find so many kinds that I wanted and some that I will have to look up to see what they are. This is such a good learning process! Thanks to all in the swap for sharing, many pks. were not labeled who they were from so to all-thanks!!!

• alwaysagarden
    13 years ago

Hi Willy,
    I recieved my seeds in the mail yesterday... what a great selection! Lots of what I love and many I will be looking up to see what they are and how to plant. Thanks for all your hard work!

Cindy : )

• suzanne_719
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for the wonderful seeds! I'm having so much fun looking up the many varieties. Thanks for hosting!

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I received mine today. Thanks to Willy and to all of the participants. This year was a good one!
    Alana

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I am back with a question. These did not have the sender's name on the packet so I have to address my query generally. I received a packet labeled simply "creeping yellow daisy". It may be just what I have been looking for. Would whoever sent that please let me know what it is-just the Genus would be a big help!
    As far as I know it could be a Sanvitalia, Wedelia trilobata, or Chrysanthemum paludosum, but I am sure there are other possibilities.
    Thanks! Alana

• debby_1
    13 years ago

Got mine yesterday. Thank you very much. No duplicates of any kind.
    Debby

• dorisl
    13 years ago

Hi!
    I got mine this week also! I'm curious about these mixed gourd seeds, theya re HUGE!!! Like Pecans! I am dieing for a hint about what to expect from these.

:)

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I received my seeds and I am really happy with the exciting varieties. I spent all last night looking them up and planning my new flower beds. (there was a full moon) Thanks to everyone for sharing! And a big thanks to Willie for hosting!
    Jen

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all! Got my seeds!! :)
    Thanks so much everybody!!!
    Already signed up for New Years!
    vina

• austinnhanasmom
    13 years ago

Thanks ALL for the great seeds and especially Willy for hosting!

Great Swap!

• Angela
    13 years ago

I posted already, but had to say what great choices Willy made for my garden conditions-- never heard of most of them before but turns out they are just what I was looking for. Thank you very much. :)

• weebay
    13 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the seeds. Thanks Willy, for hosting!
    weebay

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    13 years ago

Thank you, Willy. Not only for the great seeds I received, but also for hosting this seed swap. It was lots of fun!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
    Alicia

• jaynine
    13 years ago

I, too, would love to know what 'Creeping Yellow Daisy' is. Thanks.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022