Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: obf: august fun-blooming friends

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 6, 12 at 22:11

Photobucket

This month we will have some games/giveaways, share fun times in our lives, best vacation stories and etc. Pretty much anything to entertain the month away. Please join in the fun and if you have plants to divide have some fun and give it away. It really does not have to be plants but anything you care to give away as a gift.

I will post the first prize and if you tell me the name of this daylily it is yours. A clue will be given each day until the name has been guessed.

DAYLILY KING KAHUNA

Photobucket

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: obf: august fun-blooming friends

I don't even have a guess Shirley but it sure is pretty.
I have been in MD with my daughter for the past three months and it was great to get into a "real" garden again after all these years. The humidity was brutal for a fat old lady but all in all worth it.
returned to AZ yesterday and of course it's hot here but not bad and not humid. Good to be HOME.
Maybe I can figure out how to do pics later.

o

Oh Shirley! Is that Daylily: Double Gardenia?
I've had that on my want list forever.

I've been working out in the garden a lot this summer. It's finally coming together. Other summers it would seem like no matter how hard you try getting my garden to 'come together' was just out of reach till fall. Then you have to get ready for snow...and then wait till spring. This year, its all coming together. I love it! I even have time this year to start a new veggie garden bed. Rototilling and adding organic matter a whole year before I'm going to use it will put that bed on a good head start. The ground around is here is nothing but red and gray clay! YUCK!

And, I just printed off the kids back to school list of stuff they need. I think that list gets longer every year.

And, does anyone know how to update your trade page? I used to click on the forum link at the top of the page and it would bring you to a link to update your exchange page. That link is gone, and I don't know how to update without it? Any one have any ideas? My page REALLY needs updating, lol!

Talk to you later!
vina

ps. Shirley, great idea for this month :)

o

Is that King Kahuna, one of Clarence Crochet's introductions?

o

Vina - Scroll down to the green "GardenWeb" bar at the bottom. Click on "Member Pages"

Then, click on "Edit Your Exchange Lists"

o

Sorry I barged in. I didn't realize this was a closed group until I was looking at some of the older round robins.

Just very excited to see Mr. Clarence's daylily.

o

Vina-Before I forget....snowpeak irises is having a $3.00 bearded iris sale. Whew I wish I had not found that site. http://snowpeakiris.com
I looked up daylily Double Gardenia and wow that is close to the one I have. But the one I have is named something else.

Anyway I promised a clue each day so here it is.

Elvis Pressley had a nickname and part of his nickname is part of this daylilies name. Hope that makes sense.

Beth-It's nice to travel and visit but always good to return home.

Shirley

o

Hello one and all! August already!!!!

Shirley, yet another beauty. is it King Kahuna????

My garden is a sight for sore eyes this year. The heat has been ungodly, the rain few and far between, and then my "cardiac event" (that's what the therapist calls it). I do miss all my homegrown veggies though. The garden suffered so bad when I was hospitalized and that was in our second heat wave. No one thought to water and I came home to bla bla bla. So, i am counting on the good Lord to see me through another year and next year my garden beds - edible and ornamental - will be what it is supposed to be and this year was just a rest,relax and fade away season!

I am not complaining, afterall, I am above ground, so that more than makes up for things.

Take care everyone!
Maryanne

o

Amelia Pepper Lady, don't feel shy, come join in! The OBF group membership isn't too complicated, you just need to participate in a trade with a current member. Also, if you want to just chat with us here on GW, that's okay too!

~ Melody

o

Count me in for this month's swap!

~ Melody

o

Hi Amelia-As Melody posted please join our group. I started typing the clue and got distracted from the computer and you must have posted before I came back and finished the post. You are right on the name of the daylily.

Maryanne-Congratulations and thank Amelia for the correct name. I love doubles and this one really shines in the garden. I'm so glad you are still with us my friend. God is good all the time.

Melody-Margo could not do our swap this month so I thought we would play some games, tell funny stories and etc. I really have a vacation experience to share when I get time to type it all out.

Getting ready for work will check back when I get home.

Shirley

o

Morning!

Wow! King Kahuna and Double Gardenia look very similar!

And thanks for the help with updating. I've always linked to my page that one way and now the link is gone. I'm not the most technical person, need all the help I can get, lol! It worked :D BIG THANKS!!

I've never heard of snowpeaks iris. I NEED to go check this out :)

Talk to you later!
vina

o
RE: NEW: Shirley...

Shirley, I just read your post about splitting and prizes on the Christmas in July swap. Sending you an email. :)
vina

o

Shirley, thank you so much for taking on the hosting responsibility for me this month. I just sent you an email.

I love the idea you came up with too. Margo

o

Thankyou again Shirley, great idea, will go out in yard tomorrow to dig bulbs I owe for gifts and see what I got. Then will post game

o

I'm in for August!

Sue G

o

Hi Sue---I hope you received your daylilies. I still owe you Black Plush and I finally found it. I cleaned up the flower bed where it was planted and figured out why I kept overlooking it. The tag was stuck down in the middle and I could not see it. DH is the worst to pull up the tags and stick them down in the middle of the plant.

Carol-Thanks..looking forward to the game you choose.

Margo-You are welcome...so glad your daughter heard good results. God is good.

Vina-I got my iris order in early from snowpeak so they had all the ones I picked out.

Night ladies

Shirley

o

Morning everyone!

Shirley, I found snowpeak, but can't find where the iris sale is? Everything I clicked on was like $8 or $9, of course. I think I'm looking in the wrong spot?

Margo, such good new!!!! :)

Have a great day!
vina

o

Shirley< I like your idea for the month and an thinking about a game. Already know what the prize will be.... now to come up with a good game.
Meanwhile, any recipes or suggestions for using summer squash will be appreciated.
I have pictures of some amazing Pink banana squash. Hope to figure out how to post them. This is a winter squash but there were so many, we ate several as summer squash and they were great.
Here in AZ, with no one home to baby sit or provide water I am pleased to have some swiss chard and lots of herbs surviving and looking pretty good. I made a mini arrangement of sages and rosemary. A treat for the eye and nose.

o

Thanks Shirley. I (cheated) off your page and saw the picture. I had to go back to the posts to see what you meant about thanking Amelia, so I guess in actuality, she won!

Beth, this is something I've been doing with green and yellow squash. I julienne them as well as onions, carrots and (red) bell pepper (all nice rainbow colors) and saute it in a little olive oil and garlic. After it all has cooked a bit, I add either a little bit of white wine or orange juice and just a little bit of chicken broth (you don't want a boil, just an easy simmer) so that the veggies get a chance to soften up a little more, plus you don't want to compromise all the colors of this dish- season with cracked pepper and some fine herbs. move all the veggies to the edge of the pan and put a nice tablespoon of mustard in the center of your pan and stir until it breaks down and then add a splash of milk so it creates a sauce, move the veggies into this mixture to coat them, turn off the heat and viola! you can sprinkle with minced fresh herbs after you plate it. so dang good. if you try this, hope you enjoy.

Speaking of vegetables, now that would be a great swap wouldn't it? I'll save a similar story to contribute to this month's swap!

Vina, I looked at that iris site too and didn't see the sales either. I was kind of glad I didn't, because I know I would get a little obsessive and I'm not in a position to do so just yet. But it didn't hurt to look at all the other pretty flowers.

Be well everyone!
Maryanne

o

Shirley

Do you have the tracking number for your shipment to me? Just let me know - no worries

Sue G

o

Oh No Sue...I'm not sure it has been awhile, shoot I just assumed you got them. I will look in the car and see if I have it. Something is definetely wrong if you have not received them by now.

Vina-Maryanne, these are all the $3.00 ones. You can find the pictures on their site.

balance of the medians
rosalie loving
sailboat bay
sari's dance
sir benjamin dover
snitch
softly
spell
starwoman
stroke of brillance
summoned spirit
sunbreak
sweethearts again
tessie the tease
tickety boo
tremors
twiggy
ulimate
wizard of hope
zap
zero
Now for the Tall Bearded
abdul unknown
afternoon in rio
american maid
angel wings
anvil of darkness
anything goes
ask a lady
athens
augustine
awesome alex
belguim princess
bev's babe
blue rising
bold look
boutique fashion
bridal party
bridal party
broad shoulders
broken pattern
bruce
brussels
cameo appearance
cause for pause
celebration song
change of mill
change of pace
chard and ice
childhood wish
chill factor
chinese new year
chinook arch
chinook wind
cimaroon trail
clear morning sky
code red
coffee malt
color express
compassionate
country kisses
crash course
daughter of stars
delicate image
deliously fiffernt
diamond ring
diddler
doodads
double ringer
dragon heart
elizabethan age
endo f summer
falcon pride
fancy lover
florentine silk
full figured
fundamental
garden bride
gentleman jim
gentlewoman
gilt edged bond
gladiatrix'
grand circle
grand cyn gold
grape harvest
grenade
high master
hollywood nights
hunter pink
ididit
imagery
imprimus
juke box hero
leaps and bounds
lets romp
lightning streak
lights camera action
magherlin
masterwork
oasis candy stripe
october sky
play a tune
purple reprise
ring around rosie
robin of loxiety
royal birth
royal vestments
ruby haze
samaii warrior
sambuca
slapstick
slovak prince
society lady
spring social
temple spirit
zekie
ziggy

Maryanne-Amelia did post but she is not a member at this time. I want to try the recipe for the squash...yum

Beth-Just jump right in with any ideas you have. I lost all my tomatoes this year...very disappointed as I love tomatoes. I have heard you need to move them every 2 years to a different spot in the garden. Don't know how true that is but I'm planting mine in a different spot next year.

Shirley

o

Shirley,
Have not posted in awhile, been busy with family. I too lost my tomatoes and love them. Plant them each year in different places and even had drip system to water every day. About ready to give up as have not made any good tomatoes in several years. I know it is our soil, had it tested.

Looking for Lies & Lipstick daylily. If anyone has a DF to share I have lots of named daylilies to trade. Just had two good trades with Sue.

Had lots of trouble with weeds this year, seem to be growing everywhere, especailly in my garden and my dayliliy garden. Really hot weather and some rain seems to help weeds thrive.

Hello to everyone and have a great day.
Annette

o

PS. forgot to mention that I have listed extra daylilies I have to trade for Lies & Lipstick daylily under Plant Exchange here on GW.

Annette

o

Morning!

LOL Shirley, is that the list you ordered from them :) Love it!

I think I may be confused, if we have extras of something are we suppose to post our own game, or do we wait for a game and then just send our extras to the winner? Because I HAVE extras...lots of them!

I'll wait to do anything till I hear what I'm suppose to do :)

We had about 4 hours of rain last night. Some real thunder boomers, I loved it! The pond is filled back up. I just got my last load of compost and I'm starting a new bed...what a terrific day!!

Happy Friday!!
vina

o

Maryanne, that recipe sure sounds good and also pretty/ colorful. Hope to try it in a few days.
Tomatoes were doing well in MD when I left but over the past few years I have had very poor luck with them in the areas of Colorado and AZ. Seems the heat and dry wind prevent pollination. It may be that the excessive heat and drought this year are causing problems in other areas too.
beth

o

Hello everyone,
I am not for sure how this swap goes this month.
Can someone explain it again, please?
My mind is all messed up from working 12 hours a day.
I am starting a 6 day straight on night shift @12 hours
then off 1 day then go back for 4 days straight on dayshift @12 hours.
Thanks for the help and count me in this month.
Faye!

o

Hi Annette so glad to see your post. Hope you can join in our swaps soon. I have tried every tip on growing nice tomatoes. They say to only water the roots and not the leaves, the only thing is you have no control over that when it rains.

Faye-We are not swapping this month, only games from whoever wants to post some and prizes from the one who posts the game. My DH works those 12 hour shifts and hates them.

Vina-No I did not order all those on the list...I did order 33 but saw where they were out of one of them so I will be getting 32 which is OK. $3.00 for bearded iris is a very good deal. You can e-mail Denise with your order and she will send you an invoice back for payment. Her e-mail address is on the website.

Sue-I could not find the tracking number of your package but LMK if you still have not received it and I will re-send them. Thanks

Off to bed....Going to HOT Atlanta, Ga. in the morning.

Shirley

o

How about a guessing game for the weekend?
I am placing an order for fall.
Two questions about the order:
1) Who am I ordering from?
2) name at least one thing that is on the order.
The second item needs to be specific. You can not just say, Iris or tulips or kale seed.
To be correct you will need to say, for example, daffodil Thalia or red Russian kale.
Only one guess on the supplier but three guesses on the plants
Prize will be winners choice of two books. Either a garden book on gardens for welcoming birds and butterflies OR a cookbook of Southwestern recipes.
My shopping list is ready but I hope to see some suggestions that I might want to add. Seems I'm always adding to my wish list. lol

o

Hey all! I have some weird questions to ask?? Something very strange happened and I'm not quite sure what to do?

I was swapping some iris with a person in California. My box was opened by the Post Office and I was contacted and told it was illegal to ship iris to California? I contacted the post office who did this, and they are destroying my iris! I can't believe this is happening?

Since you all ship plants so often, has anyone come across this before. And did anyone know this was illegal?

Annie, have you ever heard of this before?

So mad and sad all at once!
Talk to you later!
vina, who is not a happy camper

o

Vina-I have never heard of that or been in such a situation. Hopefully Annie will see your post and enlighten us on it. I would not be happy about that either.

Beth-I will guess Bluestone Perennials is the Co. and you are ordering Sedum Autumn Fire.

Shirley

o

I have had plants confiscated, when driving into california, know they have strict plant laws. so unfortunately a postal worker may have taken your plants, course they say they destroy them. finally got picture taken so I can do game, as soon as Beths winners are posted. I will do a game. hugs to all carol

o

Where is everyone?

I bought a mosquito deleto yesterday and can't wait to use it. My DS told us about them and I want to try it. I'm hoping to see alot of dead mosquitoes soon.

California can ship their plants to other states so what's the difference?

Shirley

o

Good Afternoon OBFer's,

Welcome to California!!!

Yes, there are very, I emphasize, very strict agriculture laws when it comes to importing plants to California. Many companies that sell plants can not deliver to CA. If they do, they are certified. Why you ask????? Agriculture, obviously, is a huge business in our state. In simple, it is to avoid bugs, pests and disease from entering CA....bugs and pests and disease that could ultimatley destroy crops etc...... We have had many problems through the years with "bad stuff" entering CA and causing big problems. Even when I travel out of state (or Mexico which is one hour away) via automobile and then return to CA, the border officials ask me if I am returning home with plants, citrus, fruit, produce etc....If I say yes, the paraphenalia is taken from me. And they will check your car if you do not appear honest and possibly if you do appear honest! California Importing and Exporting are two different bananas. Each state has their own laws, so it is possible that CA might not be able to deliver ????? to ????? state. That I do not know!

I should also add that we have dog teams in California that are specifically trained to search out plant products entering California via air freight, USPS, FED EX etc.....
Vina, possibly one of these incredible pooches sniffed out your box of iris!!!!

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/plant/dogteams/index.html

Now I must say, I have never had any plants that were sent to me here in California (via GW gardeners) confiscated....no bulbs, no plants...nada. Most people have not written the word "plants" on the box. But even when they have written the word "plants" it has not been confiscasted or even opened from what I can tell.

Must run,

Annie

o

Well now we know the scoop about sending plants to California. Lucky our boxes haved reached Annie. I do know I have to have a license to sell in Georgia. I can sell at any markets in NC but just 30 minutes down the road (I am that close to the Georgia line) I have to have a license. Don't really understand the license thing for no one has ever insepected my plants. Just pay the money and they send you a license.

Shirley

o

Wow! Thanks Annie! I still feel just awful about this whole thing. And I DID write LIVE PLANTS right on the box. In fact I wrote it all over every side of the box. I guess mine was easy to pick out, lol.

Thankfully, they hadn't sent their end of the swap and I contacted him in time. But, wouldn't he know about this regulation? Since he lives there.

I can see with California being a very large China import destination they would check the freighters and cargo ships. But other than crossing into Canada have I ever had to pull over with a customs search. Are those open 24/7 like border patrol? I'm sorry for all the ??? but I've never heard of any of this before. Amazing!

Okay, back to gardening... :0)
vina

o

Oh Vina, so sorry to hear about your experience with the Calif plant police. Yes, the border check points seem to be open 24/7. They are not right exactly on the border either they are a couple miles in. You can't just say Oh, sorry and turn around and go back to AZ. You are "in " CA when you get to the check point.
I used to travel back and forth between AK and MD with plants in my truck. Glad no border patrol never asked me if I had any plants with me. I would have hated to give them up.
Shirley, thanks for great guesses. Bluestone IS one of my faves but no, that is not the one.
And, sedum Autumn Fire is a gem. I got it in an exchange last summer and love it. Actually, I love most all the sedums.
Any other guesses???

o

Beth-I see where you can guess 3 times for the plants...I did not realize that with the first guess. OK lets see, I have two more guesses on the plants. Still don't know where everyone is at. We should have lots of guesses on this game.

Did you order:
Peony-Bowl of Beauty or
Lily-Casa Blanca

Shirley

o

Beth,

Here are my guesses....
Ordering from Oakes Daylilies
And you are ordering the Daylily Lime Frost

Vina, Beth is correct. The borders are open 24/7. And yes, depending where you are there might be border checks withing a few miles of the actual border. In fact, we have another border check that is not at all close to the Mexico border. It is probably 30 minutes South of our home on the Interstate 5 frwy. They primarily check for illegals coming over to our state from Mexico and drugs. Sometimes they wave you through, sometimes you can wait several hours, depending on the hour of the day/night, holidays or if they have a "tip" that some illegal activity is coming their way.

Traveling back home Mexico, everyone is stopped. They already know who you are before you get to the border stop as they have run your plates. I am quite tan a good amount of the year, thus I usually get ID'D. And our car has been frequently checked for everything....plants, produce, to much booze, drugs, illegals. And the dogs are all over the place....sniffing! Several miles after, headed North, you will hit the other border check that I spoke of earlier.

At the Oregon border, returning to CA, they are big on asking/checking for plants, produce etc as well.

As far as people knowing about the regulation, mixed bag on that. As well, I think alot of people just don't give it any thought. I suppose I would think the PO people might ask Q's/or refuse to accept the plant box seeing it was going to CA....I don't know! Maybe our little boxes we send to each other (not business related), our not that big of a deal. BUT Vina, got nailed. When I hit my favorite PO, I will ask the girls about this and report back to you!

OK, back to gardening!

Shirley, I have a little guessing game I can play for prizes. Shall I wait until Beth is done?

Annie

o

Hey all!
Thanks for all the information. I've really never given it much thought. Must be, because where I live they don't have check points and things like that.

And yes, Annie, those dogs are the ones who sniffed me out. The person I talked to on the phone said something about a Dog Patrol. At the time, I never bothered to ask what that was. But, I did have Live Plants written all over it, so, unless the dogs can also read...LOL!

Beautiful day here today. Took the kids to a fun park, just got home a little while ago. And surprising them with a special dinner tonight :) Hubby took the whole day off. What a nice day!

Talk to you later!
vina

o

Vina, that does sound like fun. School has started here but it is really too hot for doing things like parks anyway. Seems wrong when an air conditioned school room is more appealing than a park. LOL
I'd like to withdraw my game, redo it, adding a nice bonus to the prize and some specific clues. If that is OK with everyone, One of the other gals cam go ahead and I'll jump back in later.
So far no correct guesses but Lime Frost is going onto another order. It has been on the wish list too long. Probably from either Smokeys or Wilds.

o

Beth-Vina, Carol & Annie have a game so far so you jump back in whenever you want.

Vina-I know you e-mailed about prizes and etc. so you are up for game time if you are ready.

We have some cooler weather that moved in and it is so nice. August is usually the month for being so hot.

Vina-Glad you got to spend the day with your family.

Shirley

o

Morning All!

WOW! The kids are back in school already! Ours don't start till the day after Labor Day. It was beautiful yesterday. About 80, and a little overcast. We rode everything! Left in the afternoon, and about an hour after we left, it poured! Thunder and Lightening! But, we had dinner plans, and, thankfully they were indoors. Hubby came home last night and fell asleep on the couch...we tuckered him right out, lol!

GAME TIME ~~ GAME TIME ~~ GAME TIME~~ GAME TIME~~

Let's Play 10 questions. I don't think I could come up with 20, lol! :)

The first to post all the right answers WINS the SUPER AWESOME BULBS...

EGYPTIAN WALKING ONION.

I will be sending 10 of these wonderful little garden treasures :)

1. What are my cats names?
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year?
3. What are my kiddos names?
4. How old are my kiddos?
5. What is my favorite garden animal?
6. What color is my house?
7. How many iris did I order this summer?
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap?
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :)
10. What is my favorite holiday?

First one to post all correct answers wins. You can post as many times as you like, no limit.

GOOD LUCK!!
vina :D

o

I am going to hold off posting my game as Vina just posted hers. I am headed out of town but will be back when I have a free moment to do some "Vina" guessing.

Happy Wednesdsay to all!

Annie

o

Sorry to hear about the post office plant shakedown, Vina. California's strict agriculture rules, it's just something we forget about here, sometimes. A had some live plants arrive here safely a couple of months ago from an OBF swap. Hearing about those patrol dogs is a little discerning.

o

Vina-Fun game and I'm sure everyone will be searching for all those answers. I do know 5 out of 10 so will have to do some research on the other 5.

Shirley

o

Shirley - Sent you an e-mail.

Amelia

o

testing posting a photo

this is a pic of the banana squash after about 5 or 6 days of growing!

o

1. What are my cats names? Apple/Kiwi
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Kiwi
3. What are my kiddos names? Taylor/Billy
4. How old are my kiddos? 7/3
5. What is my favorite garden animal? Turtles
6. What color is my house? Blue/White
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 25
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 2
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :) 95
10. What is my favorite holiday? Halloween

Vina-Not sure on some of them...just had to guess.

Beth-The banana squash is huge....I've never grown banana squash. Do you cook them like the yellow squash?

Amelia-I did not get your e-mail..I never receive mail through GW so send it to flowerlover1@frontier.com

Shirley

o

ok my guesses
1. What are my cats names? apple and Kiwi
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Kiwi
3. What are my kiddos names?Taylor and Billy
4. How old are my kiddos? 7 and 11
5. What is my favorite garden animal?bunny
6. What color is my house? tan and white
7. How many iris did I order this summer?25
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 4
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :) 120
10. What is my favorite holiday? christmas
some are def guesses

o

Happy Sunday!!

Shirley, Good guesses :) Unfortunately, #'s 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9 need another try.

Carol, you have #3 right :)

Keep guessing ladies.

Have a great day!
vina

ps. that is a big squash!

o

It is finally Vina guessing time for me......

1. What are my cats names? Apple and Orange....or is it Iris? LOL!
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Apple
3. What are my kiddos names? Billy and Taylor
4. How old are my kiddos? 4 and 8
6. What color is my house? Blue and White
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 35 Iris
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 3 years
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) 201 Iris

Annie

o

1. What are my cats names? Apple/Autumn
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Autumn
4. How old are my kiddos? 8/4
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 40
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 5
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :) 210

We may have this figured out before August ends. LOL

Shirley

o

Evening!

Annie, you have everything right except 1,2,7 and 9. AWESOME! :)

Shirley, your getting warmer :) Only missing 1,2,7,8 and 9 :) TERRIFIC GUESSING!

I can't believe that it's almost September. Today I was wondering WHERE the summer has gone too? It seems like just last week the kids were getting out of school for summer vacation? In another month around here, it will be in the 40-50's. Still so many things on my list that I would like to do. Better get crackin', lol!

Talk to you later!
vina

o

I will take another stab at this!

1. What are my cats names? Chocolate and Goblin
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Is this a trick Q? How about none of them went to heaven.
3. What are my kiddos names? Billy and Taylor
4. How old are my kiddos? 4 and 8
6. What color is my house? Blue and White
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 15 Iris
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 3 years
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) 140 Iris

Happy Birthday Vina!!! Have a blast of fun!

Annie

o

Here again; this time with an OK from Shirley!

Here's a GAME for the group...

How many daylily names can you list using the letters in "August Fun-blooming Friends Daylily Game"?

PRIZE: 5 daylilies - previous introductions by Clarence Crochet

Game ends at 12:00 Noon (CDT) on August 30.

Please post the number of names with some reference to the game. (Example: Daylily list)

Whenever possible, please include the hybridizer's name in parentheses after the daylily name. Example: King Kahuna (Crochet)

I will ask the person with the highest number to send the list to me for verification. This may take a few days due to the holiday weekend. Once the list is verified, I will post the winner's name and list of daylilies.

If the list is not verified, the next highest number will be checked. If there are multiple responses with the same number, the first one posted will be considered as the potential winner.

o

Morning!

Where is everyone? :)

Amelia, are we suppose to post here? Or send the list to you?

o

I have been watching and it seems that the whole site is quiet. Maybe everyone is too busy gardening.
We have had wonderful rains ( for AZ anyway) and pleasantly cool mornings. Really enjoying being back home again.
Hope things are going well for each of the friends.
bb

o

Annie looks like you and I just can't get a game in, ok since I am slow digging anyway. hugs to all my bloomin friends, been in 90's here normal temp for aug is 77, I am cookedPhotobucket

o

Hi Beth...some rain here as well. I'm loving these cool nights and mornings.

1. What are my cats names? Boogie/Diesel
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? Boogie
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 12
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 3
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :) 175

Amelia-Working on my daylily names.

Shirley

o

Hey everyone!

Since we have a daylily game going on now too. I'm going to choose who was closest with my 10 questions.

1. What are my cats names? APPLE, KIWI AND CLOVER
2. Which of our kitties went to heaven this year? CLOVER LOUISE (she was hit by a car in the the late spring)
3. What are my kiddos names? TAYLOR AND BILLY
5. What is my favorite garden animal? TURTLES (I have almost as many of these as iris, lol)
6. What color is my house? BLUE/WHITE
7. How many iris did I order this summer? 13
8. How many years have I been in charge of the county fairs plant swap? 3 (going on 4, this is SO fun!)
9. How many iris do I have in my garden? (This is not including the ones ordered for this summer,lol) :) 270 (YES, I HAVE A PROBLEM, LOL!)
10. What is my favorite holiday? HALLOWEEN (trick or treat!)

Shirley, I believe you've WON! The only question that you missed was 9. And you were only 1 off on #7.
C~O~N~G~R~A~T~U~L~A~T~I~O~N~S~ I'll ship out your Walking Onions on Monday :)

It's almost September, who's hosting?
Have a great Friday everyone!
vina

o

Shirley....way to go! Congrats!

Annie

o

You can just post the number of daylilies on your list. I will ask the person with the highest number to send the list to me. The winning list will be posted.

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I have been out of town.

I was hoping this game would not interfere with any others. Just thought that a list game would take some off-line time.

o

Amelia---Woo Hoo I have 114 and still working on the daylily list. I hope I have some competition (makes me think I'm back in school.

Off to bed.

Shirley

o

who has september / hugs carol

o

Just sitting at home waiting for Isaac.

Please be aware that it may be a few days before I have power and Internet service. We expect to lose power some time tonight.

I will check on the game for the potential winner as soon as I can after August 30. It just may be a few days.

o

I haven't been participating but I have been reading the posts and enjoying watching people play the games.

Amelia, stay safe and I will be thinking of you. It must be very scary knowing natures furry is approaching and you can't do anything about it. My son was on a well site in Louisiana and was sent home on Monday because of the approaching storm. He didn't mind going home as he is there for a straight two month job but didn't like the reason why.

margo

o

Amelia-What fun the named daylily game is. Wow there are tons of named daylilies out there. Hope the storm doesn't get too bad for you guys.

Carol-This is the list that I have for upcoming swap months.

Sept. sandlapper rose
Oct. flowergirl34
Nov. nottougly
Dec. margaret_2007

Active Members of OBF
Amy/serenity_lane_ga
Annnie/canyonwind
Carol/veega11
Christine/Christine00
Faye/nottougly
Janet/1JanetH
Jeanne/sandlapper_rose
Jen/jlee160
Margaret/margaret-2007
Margo/smitties
Mary Ellen/mellen
Maryanne/earthlydelights
Melissa/hazelnutbunny
Melody/astroknot
Michelle/micyrey
Rose/rosemctier
Shirley/brittneysgran
Sue/sguanzon
Vina/flowergirl34
Rose/rosemetier

Shirley

o

Oh my... LOL... I guess I need to put my thinking cap on.
Glad the list got posted.
Jeanne

o

Jeanne-Looking forward to Sept. swap. Fall is fast approaching.

Margo-Glad your Son left LA..don't take any chances with those storms. I got to vacation in LA before Katrina demolished it. Glad I chose to go there when I did.

Shirley

o

Shirley, looks like you were the only player. Maybe you could just post your list.

In any case, please send me your address.

I am out of town now but will take care of the prize next week.

o

Shirley's list:

ADOBE DREAMER
ADONIRAM
ADONIS
ADORABELLA
ADORABLE
ADORABLE ONE
ADORABLE YOU
ADORATION
ADORED BY ALL
ADOREE
ADOREOUS
ADORN
ADRIAN
ADRIEL
AEGEAN
AEGEAN ART
AEGEAN MAID
AERIAL
AEROLITE
AFFIE
AFFIRMATION
AFFIRMED
AFIRE
AFLAME
AFRAID
AFTER ALL
AGAMEMNAN
AGARITA
AGATA
AGE TO AGE
AGGIE
AGILE MAIDEN
AGNES
AGNES AMERSON
AGNES ROSE
AGRA
AIDA
AIDEN
AIEA
AIMEMOI
AIRBALL
AL ABEL
AL MELIN
ALABASTER
ALABASTER GLEAM
ALABASTER LADY
ALABASTER MOON
ALADDIN
ALAMEDA
ALAMEIN
ALAN
ABUNDANT RUFFLES
AD INFINITUM
ADA BEYER
ADA ROSE
ADA SARI
ADAGIO
ADAIR
ADAM
ADAM EATON
ADAM MARTIN
ADAMS RIB
ADAMAS
ADDIE SUGGS
ADEIRA
ADELA
ADELIA
A DAY OF REST
A FOGGY DAY
A FRIEND TO ALL
A FUTURE FOUND
A GO GO
A GUY NAMED GUY
A LA MODE
A MIA FOOTE
AARON BOY
AARON BOYLAN
AARONS ROD
ADELAIDE
ADELINE
ADENA
ADIOS AMIGO
ADMIRABLE
ADMIRAL
ADMIRAL NELSON
ADMIRALS LADY
ADMIRATION
ABOSLUTION
ABSYDER
ABUNDANT
ABUNDANT LIFE
ABALONE
ABALONE ANGEL
ABALONE ISLAND
ABEDNEGO
ABEL
ABENDSTEIN
ABIDING ANGEL
ABIGALE
ABILENE NAN
ABINADI
ABRIDGEMENT
ABSALON
DOUBLE MELODY
LADY GEORGIA
DUNEDIN
ARIADNE
BRUTUS
BONEY MARONEY
DAINTY EYES

o

Amelia-I received the wonderful box of daylilies today. Wow thank you so much for these beauties. So glad I chose to play the game you posted.

Daylilies Amelia sent:

pale moon windmill
richfield eye shocker
jim mckinney
princess ellen
mary barry
white opal
All these are new to me so can't wait to add to my gardens.

And I say again thank you.

Shirley

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here