Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pixiesluvplants

UPDATE: Update: Sounds of Summer 3

pixiesluvplants
16 years ago

This swap is open to both "newbies" and "oldies". We really like to make new friends, so please feel free to join in on the party!

This time I thought we could share windchimes! Please limit any windchimes that you buy to $10 or less. I do not want to make this an expensive swap. If you have them just sitting around, that is fine. Don't spend money if you do not have to.

Now I have to post the yucky rules. I know, rules are no fun, but they will ensure that you have a pleasant swap.

Here are the details:

1. You must be at least 18 to join in on this swap.

2. Let me know that you are interested in joining the swap. Send me an e-mail at bly.laurie@yahoo.com or lauriegarris@yahoo.com and include your GW name and your mailing address. Then join in on the fun! Tell us about yourself. What kind of plants do you like? Do you have any children? We love pets too! Feel free to post pictures!

3. I will send out swap partners within a few weeks. You will be getting a box from one person, and sending your box to another.

4. What to send: A MINIMUM of 5 different plant/bulb types. You can send more than 5 if you like. Any seeds, candles, bath stuff, trinkets, etc. are considered extras. Most items should be plants. Also include one windchime.

5. All boxes should be sent priority with a delivery confirmation due to the heat. Please expect to pay around $10.00 to send a flat rate box.

6. Once you receive your box, please tell us what you got! We love to know what was in the boxes! We are nosy like that. :o)

Ok...I think I got it all covered. This is my first time hosting, so girls, if I left anything out, please let me know.

READY...SET...GO....who wants to play?

Laurie

Comments (150)

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

lol I promise Imma INNOCENT!!! (if ya asked fox Im pretty sure he'd say I was satan made over, he already says I am heartless, but sheesh what does he know ;) )

Tracy and Becki, its like that here too only we pretty much have too much rainfall, every afternoon, my plants are turning yellow from it.

Alana I wish there was a way to redistribute it also, if there were only some way to do a swap on water for you! Its usually very very dry here, they say this summer has broken a decade long drought that we have been having, don't know how though it seems like its always wet here.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Tracy! Congratulation on you tomato! That is so exciting!!! I am very happy for you! It's funny, though, as we are right now picking about 15 gallons a week! The bad ones are going to the hogs (as we got them last week), and the rest are being ate or going into spaghetti sauce! I'm working on some right now. I hope to have at least 70 quarts by the time the tomatoes stop producing. Then, I told Dave I would make him tomato juice, but not until I have my 70 quarts, as I DON'T want to run out of spaghetti sauce this year!!

We spent most of the day at the amusement park yesterday. It was a lot of fun!

Elizabeth & Lily on the kiddie airplane ride

William in the red shirt on his favorite, the bumper cars

The big boys on the Splash Over that takes you in sommersaults up and down with water splashing on you (definitely NOT my cup of tea!) Carl is in the red shirt, then Dave is to the left, and Dylan to the left of Dave. Sorry you can't see them too well - the ride was moving pretty fast!

We got a really nice shot of all of us that the park took, but my scanner doesn't work, so I won't be able to show you that, until I figure out a way to put it on the puter!

Gotta get back to my spaghetti sauce!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Cool Pictures Becki!!!! Looks like ya'll all had alot of fun!!! Im sure the kiddos loved it especially, but looks like Dave is having a blast too!

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

Wow! I stay away for a couple weeks and have 2 mos of reading to do! LOL
    Lots of new people and stories! I couldn't read everything!
    Hi to all the new comers!

Hermit!
    Hi! nice to "see" you! It's nice to come across people I've gotten stuff from!
    (got a BIG bag of seeds from Hermit!)

Carol!
    TWINS!!!!! YIPEEE!!! That is so exciting!
    When I was pregnant (only 1 baby!) a friend of mine started buying diapers right away, all kinds and sizes! That was the greatest gift! And it gave me a chance to see what kind I liked the best! I ended up using the off brand from Sam's Club! They work just a well, come by the case, and are a lot cheaper!

I would love to join in this swap, I love windchimes! But I just don't think I can find the time! And I should probably wait till we move to get more plants! Jamie still doesn't think that I am really going to take all my plants from MI to MT! (little does he know!) I'm going to find out which ones I can take that are ok for zn4 and swap the rest! Then I can have the swapped ones sent to my new addy!

NO WORK!!!
    Ya, work is an issue in a lot of areas! That is why we are moving! (as most of you know) Jamie is in construction, and MI is BAD! no work anywhere! But, he is working 7 days a week in MT! I can't wait to go! (other than the packing, unpacking, cleaning out junk, finding a place to live over there, and finding a new job for myself!)

I have some new pics to show ya if I can get them uploaded!

Vic

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Jeez, I sign out early and you girls go from cookies to rippling pecks to kiddies....

It's allowance day here, and already the negoations have begun (I don't want them to buy legos, as we litteraly have thousands of $$ in legos already), and it's the only thing my 7 year old has picked in the last 4 years (and our famlies send sets for xmas birthdays etc). I'd like him to get a bike, the 3 year old'd trike broke, so I'm going to replace that as well. Than I start xmas shopping for the center! I'm leaning towards 8-12 new tricycles, and a new slide.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Hmm, Vic, if you want in, I was planning on sending all bulbs (really nice ones, promise)and those can travel well. Here in zone 9 everything is still pretty baked, and I don't want to ship weakend plants.

Carol, I bought a bunch of baby yarn, clearly not thinking, and hubby got all excited, poor guy, the infertility's hitting him hard.

• Vic Billings, MT
    16 years ago

What is the deadline for the swap????
    Thanks
    Vic

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

We haven't assigned partners yet so still open, I think we are shipping at the end of the month? Not positive though! Email AutumnFairy/Laurie.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey girlie! I got the Raspberry Hemp Seed Lip Balm! Thank you very much. It smells heavenly! I am trying it out right now, hopelfully I won't get a buzz, maaaaan. Where'd you get from in Hippiegene? Just in case I start jonesing for some more. OMG, hubby was reading over my shoulder and asked if I am going to try it out on him! Yeah, right!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Trina....Tracy......
    You girls got me in trouble....! (okay, I MIGHT have helped...) Hubby reads over my shoulder, and he saw the PECS!! The PECS the PECS the DANCING PECS!!!
    LOL
    Oh man.... I've offically been CUT OFF....at least until he thinks the PECS are a distant memory.
    Hmmm....little does he know that it's not the PECS I'm thinking about....it's the FUEL.....
    Mmmmmmmmm.
    But, he didn't say ANYTHING about having to forget Rm Diesel!!! :O)
    *...major loophole...*

Has Laurie posted lately?? I haven't seen her....Hope she hasn't floated away...?! All kidding aside...This weather is NUTS!! Flooding, storming, baking....geeze...

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You got busted! I scroll way down when the big man gets nosey! LOL! Or way up if need be! Look on the bright side, maybe he'll start bench pressing so his pecs rival Mr. High Octane's! Then you can have some bobbling pecs of your very own right in your own home! LOL!

You are right about the weather! We have gotten at least 5 inches just since last night. The blob on the radar runs from Indiana to the Pa border with us stuck in the middle. They are calling for rain through the whole week. No relief in sight. I'm wondering if we should just exchange windchimes at this point?

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Laurie popped in once a few days ago. Haven't seen her on any of the forums since. Hope she is ok.

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I dunno, I see the pic with his arm up, and... maybe it's me, but the looks on his face says to me "I need stronger deoderant".
    Maybe I just don't get beefcake? Now Sean Connery in a snug turtleneck... *grin*.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

A windchimes only swap sounds GREAT to me...that might take a load off of everyone, actually. It seems like everyone's garden is either BAKED or ROTTEN. Hmm...We could still do bulbs & seeds.
    I personally don't mind at all if I only received a set of windchimes! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Oohhh.....Sean Connery.....
    MAJOR bedroom voice!!!
    Mmmmm.....like melted chocolate ...silky........
    Hubba Hubba....

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Fishy, it's definitely a MUSCLE thing....Big strong biceps...big chest...Oooh, yeah.

Hhmmm...Or it could just be a HORMONAL thing. That special time in a girl's month where she prefers nice strong muscled men. Discovery chanel did a study on it awhile back.
    :O)

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I got the guys cold dangie, I tried really hard to keep from getting it too.

Now Sean Connery is YUMMY, ya ever noticed that some men get more distinquished looking when they get older and most women just get older looking?

Just wanted to tell you chickiedo's to behave tonight lol, I won't be able to keep ya'll in check tonight lol! Gonna go lay down with my big boy! (Rebs, he loves me even when I don't feel good :) )

Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG, girls! My hubby actually looked pretty darn hot when we met. Those are some more pics I wish I could scan in! He has always had incredibly muscular arms, but they just aren't as muscular right now. But, really, big biceps! Very nice! I once wrote him a poem about how much I loved his arms. How tacky is that?!

Just got some school shopping done. Went to Penny's to get a the boys' shoes and then I had to look at the clearance clothes. I got 2 pairs of Nike running shoes, 2 pairs of denim shorst and 2 glitzy tank tops for Elizabeth, a pair of denim capris for Lily, a funny t-shirt and husky camo shorts for William and a funny t-shirt for Dylan. My total came to $140.60. How much did I save? Total savings $133.52. I love it when I can save almost 50%!! We haven't made it to Sears yet to use my gift card, but that is supposed to be tomorrow now. So, more clothes REALLY cheap then too! Yippee! Then I have to stop at Staples, as they have some pretty good deals on some school supplies we still need, and I have an empty ink cartridge to turn in for $3! Plus, at the same time, I will pick up a check for work Dave did, and bring some stuff for the garage sale to my sister's. I will definitely make the most of this trip!!

I definitely agree that men often get better looking as they age (although those young ones can be PRETTY hot, too!)

• jennid
    16 years ago

Hey us rednecks don't use coors. We use bud light it's cheaper.lol Hey tracy here you are.... again. I hope everyone is weathering the weather okay. So when are we pairing up? does anyone know? Can we do in door windchimes? Does anyone have any plants left after this week. First its dry here for a month then it rains for a week and honest to goodness it has been in the 50's at night for the last three nights. this is crazy weather.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Hey Jennid! This is where it all began for me! LOL! These ladies got my jaw flappin and it hasn't stopped yet! LOL! Now I feel free to chime in everywhere. Haha! Ugh, bud light! Give me a MGD any day, keep that pee water! Hey maybe we can ship Bud Light to alana for her plants? We were just talking about maybe skipping the plants and no one has heard from Laurie so we aren't really sure when we are getting our partners. I am swamped in water right now. Still raining and I NEED to dig my dl's for your swap. Crazy weather is right!

Fishy, Now sean connery has had my heart melting since I was a kid. I can be 3 rooms away and hear that amazing voice of his on the tv and just quiver inside! Sigh... There is just something about the timbre and brogue of his that just gets me.

Pixie, I am so sad for you! I absolutely hate summer colds. They are so much yuckier in warm weather. Feel better babe!

If you guys want to do a chime and bulb only swap I am good with that. We can even send parcel post then and save on shipping. If the weight is low enough then we can even do first class if anyone likes.

Becki, Congrats on all the deals! Woo hoo! Love the sales. I finally finished up with the last of the hard to find school items yesterday. The kids go back tomorrow. We get lucky with Pat and Jack's birtdays being in the summer so most of the school clothes are birthday gifts. Yay!

Bunny, told my hubby about you getting busted! He laughed his head off when I explained about the bobbling pecs. I asked him to flex his for me... he grabbed one with each hand and moved them up and down for me. I fell off my chair laughing!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Mr. 007

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Tracy, I hate summer colds also.

Smiles, gotta take care of the kiddos, they are into things outside lol.

Pixie

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Now, I'm all for recycling, but I can't hang a windchime made from beer cans at the preschool. Everything here is baked like a 60's surfer movie (sorry had to (>.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

You're lucky I take requests! LOL!
    Tracy

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Poor Pixie! I made you some soup! Careful, it's hot!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Aww Thank you Tracy!! Looks alot more tasty than the celery bland soup fox made for supper last night YUCKIE!!! (It had no taste at all!) I just heard from an Eastern Indian lady that Ice Cream cures summer colds! She said that in the old country that drs. would tell them to eat ice cream, which over there wasn't as available as it is here. Gonna try that and make the guys try it too. lol I don't really like ice cream but hey if it works I can eat it!

Fishy, I am like you, I think the NOW Sean Connery is mucho more sexier than when he was younger. Drool Drool him and Harrison Ford Drool. That goes with my remark about some men getting more distinguished looking when they get older! Ahhh to dream.

Pixie

• jennid
    16 years ago

Tracy, I don't really do bud, I'm a wine and whiskey type of gal. I lived in germany for 4 years next to a brewery and now I would rather smell skunk then beer. tis true. I'm going to email to email laurie in a sec, just to see if all is well. Take care everyone and have a great day.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Personally, I do not discriminate between the young and old of either of those guys! I think they were hot then and are even hotter today! Scrumptuous!

Ice Cream helps with the runny nose, sneezing issues. Heavy pepper in Chicken soup helps open up the nose when super stuffed up! Two of my major comfort foods.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Jennid, I'm not much of a beer drinker or any kind of drinker, lol! I stick to water, pop and coffee. Hubby drinks michelob all the time and I hate the smell of that stuff. Yuck. MGD is the only beer that tastes decent to me anymore. The wine I like is called Gewurtztraminer. Very sweet and nearly a sparkling. Good stuff. But the booze is a rarity!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So you HAVE heard about the ice cream remedy??? Well between shakes and hot toddies then we are set eh? Only thing though Vodka in hot toddies doesn't really go well but oh well till I can make it to the liq store to get some rum, vodka will have to do! I love Chicken Soup! (can't say I like black pepper though lol I know Imma weirdo)

Tracy, have you been watching all the Elvis shows on TV lately? For the anniversary of his death?

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I did that before I meant to sheesh!

Jennid I don't blame ya for not liking beer, I think I would be the same if I lived next to a brewery. I am not much of a drinker either, and whiskey of any type makes me loopy for sure. (like I need whiskey to do that lol) I do like my tequila though its the only thing that likes me the next morning! (no headachies or hangovers). I do like a cold Miller Light now and then but lately its been too hot for those even lol.

Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

The ice cream thing was just a happy accident a couple of years ago. I was so runny and miserable, I had a sore throat and thought the ice cream would be great for the throat and low and behold the nose stopped running and I felt a ton better. I do the same thing during allergy season now.

I put lots of pepper in the soup but also tons of other stuff with it (garlic salt, salt, celery, onion, poultry seasoning, sage, carrots, barley, noodles), I don't notice a heavy flavor of pepper but just the bonus of clear breathing! When my mom makes soup now she puts WAY too much pepper in it. I think her taste buds aren't as sharp as what they used to be. When I have hers, I need ice water to go with it! LOL!

I caught part of a really old Elvis Flic the other night. I had never seen that one before which really surprised me. I thought I had seen them all. I didn't catch the name of it, but it was staged in the 1800's on an old river boat. He was crooning to some little lovely through the open windows and kept moving from one to the other playing peak a boo while he sang. When I was a kid I thought that is what boyfriends did, sing to their sweetheart and make pretty eyes at them. Swoon, he was in his early 20's for that one. What a waste of a good man... sigh.

{{gwi:1298184}}

Takillya! not tequilla! Can't stand the stuff since my trip to Cozumel. Oh man, don't remember much about the trip back to the cruise ship! Do remember being sick, sick, sick! That was when I was in my early 20's. Thank god those days are over.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

Hi All! Sorry wasn't here yesterday.The cold/flu bug has bit us all here too.No fun being sick & home alone with two kids in which one is sick also.Feeling better,just sound awful!Will try out the ice cream remedy later on. Hubbie's birthday is today ,so we have ice cream to go with the cake.
    Tracy,glad you liked the lip balm.I got it at 'Saturday Market'.Every Sat(during the warmish months)they have an open air market in downtown Eugene.You can see all kinds of stuff.Organic everything! Tie dye shirts,drums(for playing in the drum circle of course)incense,crystals,and lots of meat free foods.It's great! If you need more just let me know,my mom could always pick more up.Later.....

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I loved the lip balm, stayed on for hours! I am one of those people who always needs lipstick or lipbalm to keep from feeling dried out! It is Awesome stuff! I will bug you when I run low. I really like going to those open air markets. They just don't do those too much around me. Sounds like a lot of fun there! I hope you feel better soon. I mailed out the ribbon grass today since we got a break in the rain for a few hours. It is priority so it should get there by Friday at the latest. Happy B-day to the hubster!

Pixie, that movie I watched was Frankie and Johnny! Ha, I looked it up! I watched Marilyn Monroe last night in the 7 Year Itch. That's the one where her skirt gets blown up by the subway grate. Laughed my butt off. Silly men, can't control themselves when the wife and kids are away. Have any of you seen that one?

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sheesh it just erased everything I typed so lets try it again.

Tracy, I haven't seen the Marilyn Monroe movie, I will have to get that and watch it. I love old movies like that. I have watched Frankie And Johnny though, I love all of Elvis' movies. My favorite movies to watch though are Frankie Avalon's beach movies, and any beach movies with Annette F. and Sandra Dee in them. I love those! I even have the guys liking those "oldies" lol.

Dirt, I am sorry you and your kiddies are sick on your Hubbys Birthday. I hope you all get to feeling better quick. I hate it when my boys are not feeling well. Alan (19 yrs) has had a horrible cough at night and I don't sleep well from worrying about him. I hate it when there is nothing I can do to make them feel better.

Smiles and Feel better soon. (sending ya some of Tracy's chicken soup... I really believe in that stuff!~)
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I used to love watching all of the old Frankie Avalon and Annette Movies! Moon Doggie! I thought those movies were the best. They always seemed to be on most Sunday Afternoons after Church. Mom and Dad would read the paper and I would sit on the floor watching annette either chasing after Frankie or being mad at him! Ah those were the days.

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

awwww MOON DOGGIEEEE lol yeppers Love those

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Where is everyone today, Pix? Have they all gotten bored with us? It is a sad state of affairs when a group has whittled down to us couple of nubs.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Now these are my kind of guys!

• pixiesluvplants
    Original Author
    16 years ago

whooohooo now your talking my type of men there Tracy!!!

I don't know where everyone is, sheesh it almost seems like a Monday!!!!

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Can I pop in? Or out? lol

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I'm here! Just not much time to type! Did a good bit of shopping today, and am working on finishing up the spaghetti sauce I've been working on. It's finally in the pressure canner!

Gotta keep going, as I have lots of stuff to get ready for our garage sale on Saturday! My sis just gave me back today 3 boxes full of baby clothes (that she was borrowing for her kids)) and maternity clothes. I have not TOTALLY ruled out the idea of having another baby yet, so I don't know whether to sell these or not! What a knundrum (is that even the right word?)! Won't have another garage sale for probably a year, so I can store them away. But, I am having trouble finding places for the other stuff I am keeping in storage already. And, baby clothes are cheap enough anyway, from Goodwill and garage sales, that I just don't know. I think the maternity I will hold onto yet, as most of it is larger sizes, which is a bit more difficult and expensive to come by. (Well, maybe I'll keep the ones I would wear again, and get rid of the ones that look hideous to me!) Just thinking we could really use the money, so I might as well just sell it all, as the likelihood of me getting pregnant again is not huge. Oh, well. Who knows? I'll see what Dave thinks when he gets home!

Okay, now I gotta go - I'll check in again prettty soon!

Becki

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Becki,
    Please tell me you're not going to say "honey I know money is tight, so what do you think about having another baby? I can reuse the baby clothes to save us some money."

Speaking of which....

I need to get my sister's dorm address (she moved last week) so we can arrange care package cookies (I just found out that chocolate isn't allowed with her new heart meds), I was thinking I could send the money thru paypal if that works for you?

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

I'm here...the party can start!!!

Mmm....we went from Sean Connery to beer to tequila to chicken soup to ice cream to Elvis...to making babies.
    Wow.
    I suppose I see the connection..... Um. Or maybe I don't. :O)

I suppose to keep it short, I will sumarize my responses:
    Sean Connery = yummy
    Beer = ICK
    Tequila = only in margarita form
    Chicken soup = No thanks
    Ice cream = Ben & Jerrys
    Elvis = hunk of burning love, baby!
    Making babies = fun to try, but I don't want to succeed again.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

No bunny says it better! Very succinct! LOL!

Beer: only on the rare occasion
    Tequilla: never again!
    SC: Any day of the week
    Chicken Soup: Always a pick me up
    Ice Cream: Whenever the mid section says it hasn't had too much!
    Elvis: Uhhhhh Huh!
    Making Babies: Been there done that fixed it so we don't anymore!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago
  • tracyvine
    16 years ago

Well girls the boys are off to school tomorrow. The big yellow bus will be coming for them at 7:10 am. Boo hoo, sniff, honnnnnk! Wiping my eyes, blowing my nose. Summer's over. Hanging my head, I've lost my playmates.

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

That's exactly how I feel about the kids going back to school....! They've been back 2 weeks now, and I'm STILL not caught up on my sleep!! And the housework??
    PPfffftttbbbbbb.....forgeddaboutit. I'm doing a dust expierement...please don't disturb the samples!! :O)

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Tracy! I hope you are doing okay this morning! I'll have the same thing tomorrow! 7:15! I will miss my kiddos! But, I have to admit, over the past few days, God has been reminding me that it is time for them to go back. It was a lot of fun buying them clothes yesterday, but it was horrible trying to keep 4 kids under control in Sears by myself! Elizabeth gets mad about something and starts hitting Dylan, so he pushes back. Lily hides in the clothes racks and the other kids are looking at something else, so we have to try to find her. William makes fun of Elizabeth, and she starts screaming. I tell you, I'll have to look when it was last that I thought Miss Elizabeth was having her time of the month, because I am thinking that again! Maybe they are a month apart - that would support the theory, wouldn't it!?

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Ok, they are gone. Now I am down to 2. Two little ones to keep me company. Until September 6th, then I will lose Dan to Pre-K/preschool. Sigh. I am fine. I just have to remember how much I used to get done when they weren't here, asking for meals, snacks and juice all the time! Back to the days of a schedule. Maybe that is what I am sad about. The dreaded SCHEDULE! EEk! Just kidding. I am really not upset. I just hate summer to end, carefree summer days. Love them with all my heart! When there is frost again and no flowers I will really be sad! Carpe Diem! Right Girls?

Becki, I can totally relate to trying to control a crowd of kids when trying to shop for clothing in the store. I am going to tell you the cure all story that has worked for me.

My mother totally cured me of bad public behavior. She used this method on me exactly 1 time in my life. In church. I have not had to use it yet, but the children all know about it, how bad it is, and how it has left a very serious impression on me since I was 5 years old. I recommend only telling your children about it as a threat. Look away if you do not have a strong stomach for torture and psychological manipulation of small people. Here it comes:

My mother was not too happy with my squirming in church one Sunday morning, I was talking, fooling around with my brother, I believe we were both knuckle punching each other. I nailed him hard enough for him to yelp. My Mom had reached her limit! She lightly looped her hand under my upper arm, I thought she was going to move me away from my brother. Then shock appeared in my eyes, then pain registered in my brain, next the tears started welling up in my eyes. My mother leaned down to my ear and whispered "If you cry or make any noise, I will do it AGAIN." While she had looped her arm through mine she pinched the soft underside of my little upper arm with her long nails and twisted the skin over 180 degrees. I sucked it up as hard as I could, little gulps, heaving chest and silent sniffs. I sat perfectly still and never goofed off in church again, (unless I was seated next to Dad, then I quietly goofed off with him, careful not to be caught by mom). I absolutely never ever embarassed her in public again, gone were the days of hiding in clothes racks, and tormenting my brother anywhere near her! Oh yeah, and I made sure that I always made Tom sit next to mom in church after that.