Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: gotm ~~annie~~/sept.

Debra Andruska
15 years ago

September's ANNIE'S month! ;)

Let's get this party started! I can't wait to hear about the wonderful boxes Annie will receive!

We only have 2 more months to go to complete our swap. Annie's/Sept. and Kara's/October!

Copied from a previous month~

Debbya...Deb...Miss April

Lindaruzicka...Linda...Miss June

IShareFlowers...Lisa...Miss July

Momcat...Deb...Miss August

Canyonwind...Annie...Miss September

UNCGardener...Kara...Miss October

***And then for the month of November, we will do a swap amongst the above super group of six GOM member's left.

Remember shipping date deadline is the 25th of the month!!

Hugs,

Deb

Comments (42)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Good Morning ladies,

Happy September Annie, it's your turn! I'll be mailing your package out on Thursday. I'll post the dc# then.

How was everyones weekend? I went on a camping trip for 3 nights. We had great weather,I got a little sun,had a few drinks and enjoyed the company of some good friends.

I came home to some pretty dry plants,it had been windy here. I have some daylillies blooming, a few flower buds on my wintersown gaillardia. My hydrangeas are looking pretty sad, they have little black spots on them, this is a first. My ws verbana is blooming, this stuff is so cute!

How many of you here winter sow? last year was my first and I have some really cool plants coming along this summer and so do all the people that did it with me. I wish I had found out about ws a long time ago!

Anyway, I gotta go check the threads

Have a great day
    Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Happy Month Miss September! I hope you have a great one.

My weekend was nice. We went over to Altoona to picnic with my family on Sunday and then just chilled on Monday.

I havent' winter sown yet but I'm really thinking about it this year. Was it diificult Lisa?

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Lovely Labor Day Weekend here as well! Lots of BBQ...cocktails and fun!

I have never Winter sown either but have been giving it some serious thought.....

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Hi everyone, I spent the weekend cleaning and packing...
    we leave for Montana tomorrow to visit family and then go hiking in Yellowstone. I'll be back on the 12th unless I get eaten by bears, lol.
    Talk to you all then!
    Kara

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"borrowing Annie's bear repellent for Kara"..seems to have worked for Annie..."G"

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi,
    Annie's package went out today, USPS #0307 0020 0003 4317 6046.

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Linda,

My bear potion works like a charm....can't tell you what is in it, as I might get banned from GW!!! My little secret!

Kara, enjoy your trip to the great state of Montana...love Montana and the people! Love the bears too!

I nearly forgot that I was Miss September!!! My brain is in la la land! Deb, I so look forward to receiving your box.........thanks!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

"taking away Annie's margarita glass"....uh huh...just how many of these have you had G/F?..."G" Of course you're Miss Spetember..haven't you seen the calendar?.."holding out calendar with Annie posed with bear holding nose"...

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie,

I'm sorry, I didn't get your box mailed out on Thursday. I wasn't feeling good all day. I'm off on Monday and will get it out then. Have a good day.

Lisa

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Afternoon,

Oh how fun it is to be Miss September...I received Deb's (Debbya) GOM box of plenty yesterday. I did not get around to opening it until midnight last night...over a glass of Chianti!

Deb, what a cool box full of surprise! I love plants that I have never tried before and you sent a few of those!

Strawberry begonia...do not have this!
    Hoya Publicalyx...definitley have not grown this but have read alot about this plant...
    Bearded Iris (light purple with yellow and brown and fragrant ....love iris
    Geranium pink and white....do not have this Geranium specific
    Dahlia....love Dahlias
    Yellow Optumia...another new one to me
    Plumeria...this will be my fourth starter...my first three are now 4-5 ft...love Plumeria

Pruning shears
    Packets of Miracle Grow tablets for houseplants
    A very cool plastic round tote...this kind is new to me...
    Sudoko puzzles!!!
    Wooden markers for plants

Lots of seeds....
    Moss Rose Portulaca
    Columbine "Rocky Mountain Blue"
    Red Hot Pokers
    Zinnia
    Liatris Gayfeather
    Morning Glory
    Salvia "Lady in Red"
    Flower garden mix
    Maximillion Sunflower Perennial
    Chianti Sunflower
    Yellow Marigold
    Black Eyed Susan (vine) "Spanish Eyes"

I do not think I missed anything!!!
    Deb, I thank you so very much for this box of wonderful!!!! Everything was in in great shape!!! Your paper towels were still moist! Need to get my tail outside to do some planting!!!

THANKS so Much!

Have a great Saturday!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie,

I sent your b-day package today. The conf# is 03070020000467459193, I hope you like everything.

Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

ohhhh..what a great box you got! I think you're off to a grand start!

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Lisa's INCREDIBLE box of variety was on my doorstep last evening. This is just to darn much fun!!!!

Here we go!!!

"Beverly Sills" Iris....do not have this one
    "Canyon Duet" Heuchera...do not have this Heuchera...love Heauchera
    Purple Phlox....3 roots
    Canna yellow "King Humbert"...3 tubers

Lots of seeds...
    Bells of Ireland
    Blue Pimpernel
    Eyeball Plant...very curious about this!
    Pink Cleome
    Fleabane Pink Jewel
    Curly Dock
    Candytuft
    Five Spot
    Gloriosa Daisy
    Florida Palm
    I have some research to do on some of the above seeds!!!

"Summer Cottage" fragrance diffuser
    15 copper plant markers with (and 3 pens)...so needed
    Gardening gloves...always need these!
    Lavender grow kit...soil pellet and seeds...
    "a" notepad.....
    WORMIE water sensor....
    Almond and oatmeal bath bar...
    Passion fruit organic soap...
    2 votive candles...
    Votive candle holder...
    Blue Foot Scrubber...adheres to the shower floor...
    Jergens Cherry Alond moisterizer...
    A book...."Rose`...A Guide To The Most Versitile Wine"........Yes, I love my vino!!!!

Lisa, I can not thank you enough for your wonderful "ME" box. I love everything! I will get my plants in the ground today! I am a very happy "Miss September"!

Have a great Thursday!

Annie

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Annie,

I'm so glad that you liked everything that I sent you. I was concerned about plants for california. I couldn't find anything for sunny this late in the year that was perennial. I hope they all grow well for you!

Lisa

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Lisa,

I have a "happy spot" for everything I buy or am given. Everything will do well! I forgot to mention yesterday that in your Miss September box you also included a pad of post-its. Thank you!!!

Annie

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Linda,

I am going through my mail from yesterday. I received my participation prize....notecards....a book marker....butterfly stickers....flowers stickers. I never buy myself stickers but love using them. I depend on nice people like you to give them to me...LOL!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have a few questions.. Should we keep the "Gardener of the Month" going? And open up the swap to new members? Of course, finishing Kara's/Oct. month first. This will take a little planning in advance, so let me know if anyone one is totally against it.

Let me know what you think..
    We could either start this over in November or do a group swap with our remaining members and start the swap over again in Dec? Or January?
    Any ideas? Suggestions...

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Deb,

I'm open to whatever the rest of the group wants to do.

However, I really don't want to do a swap in the month of December though. My work is tough in December and funds can get a little tight, I have a big family to shop for.

Let me know what people decide.

Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

if we get more people, then we could start in January. December will be filled with wayyy too much for me. January is such a long month anyways. So if we fill up the months with enough people, I'd do it again.

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

Starting a new 12 month GOM (with some new members, of course) in January sounds great as everyone has so much going on during the month of December. December is busy...busy for me! I'll play starting in January if there are enough people!!

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok, It sounds as though everyone is in agreement. I'll start up a new thread opening up the swap to new members. Kara's month is next (October). The swap will re-start in January! Are we still going to do a trade in November between the member's that are interested? Or should we just finish up October, and take a break until January?

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

hmmm....well, we could do a small swap in November with the ones that stuck through it all. HOwever, if everyone else wants to take a break, I'll go along with it..."S"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning,

I am fine with doing a November swap...Debbya...Momcat...Lisa...Kara...Linda and me. If a few few people do not want to do it...bag it!

Kara, how was your trip? Any bear encounters?

Happy Monday!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

maybe we should do a last trade as a "reward" trade for sticking to it! "waving banners"..."G" I say we should go for it!

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Hi ladies!
    I had a wonderful trip:) Saw no bears but lots of elk, bison, and even a moose!

Linda, thank you for the participation package, so cute!

Kara

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    15 years ago

Linda,

I got my packet today. Thank you for the prize.

Lisa

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

I"m glad everyone's arrived. Sounds like you had a great time Kara!

Jeff and I are leaving for Ocean City on saturday for 5 days. I'm so excited! NO kid, no hot sun, no crowds...what more could a person want??...it's going to be a sorta second honeymoon..."innocent smile"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kara,

So glad you had a great time in Montana!

Linda,

Enjoy your "sorta second honeymoon"...how lovely!!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

okay Annie...your box is winging your way! Here's your confirmation number: 0308 0730 0000 5993 7992. Hope you like everything, "crossing fingers"...

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Annie, I have a question for you... The last mailing date is the 25th for your month, but I am going to a plant swap on the 27th that I came away last time with a truck full of plants from. If you would be willing to wait for your box a few extra days I could share these goodies with you! Let me know if that's ok or if you would rather I send on time.
    Kara

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

somehow, Kara, I can't see Annie passing on that one!.."L"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kara,

That is ABSOLOUTLEY NOT OK...you MUST send your box by the 25th!!!
    LOL!!!!! I am just KIDDING...KIDDING...KIDDING!!!! Did I have you "stunned" for a moment????? Of course, you can send it out after the 27th!! Plant swaps are a blast and you can pick up some really great finds...have FUN!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!!!

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

wonder what she'll have good in the box.."rubbing hands together in anticipation of next year's seed swap"..."G"

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Happy Monday Morning,

I received my "Miss September" box from Linda on Saturday. So very nice! Here is what Miss Linda sent me!

Mallow plant (I do not have)
    Hollyhock plant...love these!
    The UNKNOWN plant....whatever could this be? I hope you are able to find out what it is so I do not kill it! LOL!
    12 mixed Tulips...they are cooling...cooling...cooling in the fridge! I will put them in the ground after Christmas!
    Bumblebee pot clip...so cute!
    Bumblebee mobile with a chime...very pretty soft sound with our canyonwinds! Cute...Cute...Cute!
    Brambleberries candle...lovely scent!!
    2 fall leaf ceramic bowls...you can hang them on the wall , put candles in them or do what I did...I put one of my favorite foods in them...nuts! Love these bowls!

Thank you so much Linda. The plants were in great shape and have been planted. I love it all.....

Annie

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Annie,
    Such wonderful packages! We really have a GREAT group!
    I can't wait until we re-open the ~Gardener of the month~ swap again, and meet more new friends!

Hugs,
    Deb

• momcat
    15 years ago

I am so sorry that I have been missing for most of this month. Lots of things going on. I had to be out of town more than I have been home for the past several weeks. Things are beginning to settle down now. Annie, your box is on it's way. confirmation # 0307 0020 0002 9785 6360.

Again, I am so sorry for the delay. I hope you like your box.

Deb

• lindaruzicka
    15 years ago

Just glad you're okay Deb..we were worried...((HUG))

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Deb (Momcat),

So glad you are still with us...the fab SIX!!! I hope all is well!
    Last night I came home to a wonderful box on my doorstep from Deb...the Momcat!
    Oh......such cool stuff!!!!!

Growing good ROSES software
    Hydrating foot cream Sugared Pear
    Refreshing shower gel Sugared Pear
    Hand lotion Spiced Pumpkin
    A large Butterfly Garden flag...
    Blue crystal wind chimes...so pretty
    Candle "Lilac Blooms"
    Plant markers
    Rose Paper weight...lovely
    Seeds....
    Texas Indian Squash
    Rocket Sweet...this is the flower of deceit...oh my!
    Sacred Basil Purple (Holy Basil)...I need some of this!
    Mixed Sunflowers
    Rugosa Rose
    Pansy Mix
    Nigella Damaseena Love In a Mist
    Nicandra Black Pod

Thank you so very much for everything.

Annie

• momcat
    15 years ago

OH, good, I'm glad you like everything. Again, I am so sorry for the delay.

Deb

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Good Morning...Good Afternoon!!

I received my GOM box from Kara. To follow are the wonderful things she sent my way!

Plants...
    Red Amayrillis
    Salvia "Texas Red"
    Vinca Vine
    Elephant Ears...do you know the specific name?
    Ajuga "Burgandy Glow"

Flower garden stake...cute
    Dragonfly Wreath holder...so cute
    Hydrangea candle
    notepad with pen
    Lavender garden in a tin

Seeds....

Tomato Cherokee Green
    Hibisicus Manihot
    Tomato Homestead
    Spaghetti Squash
    Pink Columbine
    Cucumber Sweet Delight
    Sweet Basil

The plants were in great shape...very healthy. Great selection!! Obviously, a super plant swap last weekend! As I was gone all day yesterday, I need to do some planting pronto.

Thank you so much Kara!!!

Deb (debbya), Lisa, Linda, Deb (momcat) and Kara...thanks so much for a wonderful September. So much fun!!!!

Annie

• uncgardener
    15 years ago

Annie, the guy that brought the ee's to the swap (20 containers of them!) said they were all mixed up and he couldn't tell us what each was, but that they were pretty hardy here in 7B. Sorry I can't tell you more....
    glad everything got there ok!
    Kara

• canyonwind
    15 years ago

Kara,

No problem! They are in the ground and so happy. EE's do very well out here!!! Once again, great selection on the plants you sent!!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts