Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stephaniesgarden

Stehanie's Seed Swap - Ready to get started?

stephaniesgarden
14 years ago

Looking at all these seed swaps looks exciting! I figured I would give it a try!

Signup Deadline: September 14th

Seeds Need to Arrive by: September 20th

Mailed back by: September 25th

When you sign up,

please send me an e-mail with your

name,

address,

garden web name,

and e-mail address.

The Basics

There are no minimum seed packs required. There is a maximum of 15 packs. If you want to send more or extras on the same kind of seeds to share with others then feel free to do so. Just let me know that you are sending extras to share or for newbies.

Please no weed seeds or invasive plants!

Please be sure to label each package with the type of plant and variety name if possible. If you don't know the exact variety please include the colors. You will most likely receive seeds with unknown varities in exchange for yours with unknown varieties! (This is rare but can occur.)

How Much is a Pack?

A pack is a fair amount! if they are large seeds about 25 each, medium 50, and small 75+.

RARE seeds can be limited to 25 per pack.

What Will You Receive?

You will receive, the same amount of packs that you sent in. If you send 2 packs you will get 2 packs. If you send 15 you will get 15. Depending on how many 'extras' are sent you will also receive extras!

How do I sign up?

Email me with your name, address, email and gardenweb name.

What do I need to send?

Please send a SASE bubble envelope. Depending on the ammount of seeds you send in will depend on the size you need to send.

Please also include a list with your information as well as what kind of seeds you are sending and the zone so that I can be sure not to send you seeds you already sent, or seeds that will not grow in your region!

Anyone interested please post below so that we can get an idea of how many people will be participating! Lets make this the largest swap EVER!

For any questions please feel free to email me: Stephanies_garden@aol.com

Comments (35)

• maps31
    14 years ago

count me in!

• ivyp
    14 years ago

I will join.

• all4heather
    14 years ago

Count me in to

• stephaniesgarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Got you guys added to the list...anyone else?

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Please sign me up, too.

• columbine21
    14 years ago

Me too! Sending email,Stephanie.

Rebekah (columbine21)

• conniesc
    14 years ago

I would like to join. sending u an email.

• dadeoo
    14 years ago

Yes Please
    Sing me up
    I'm sending you an email

• ivyp
    14 years ago

How much postage on the self addressed env.. should I put

• jaynine
    14 years ago

ivyp,
    the way it's usually done is this: you send your seeds in a bubble mailer, including an address label & as many unused stamps as it takes to mail it to your hostess. (additional stamps are sometimes asked for in case of any extra packets people might send in to share.) Then the hostess will mail your seeds back to you in that same bubble mailer by attaching your address label & new stamps you sent.
    stephanie,
    is this the way you'd like it done, too?

• jaynine
    14 years ago

stephanie--i'm ready to send my seeds. could you please email me the address to mail them to??

• conniesc
    14 years ago

I am ready to send as well :)

• jaynine
    14 years ago

They're on their way!

• jaceysgranny
    14 years ago

Please count me in. I'm sending you an e-mail, thanks for hosting.
    Nancy

• stephaniesgarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jaynine...I got your seeds in all I can say is....HOLY COW! WOW! I couldn't believe what all you sent in! Everyone is going to be so happy seeing all those extra seeds. I hope some others send in extras so that I can compensate you for those!

Anyone that misses this opportunity is going to regret it!

• smitties
    14 years ago

Ok, I am in. Will send you the required information Stephanie. I am spending to weekend in the garden cleaning, weeding and harvesting so I should have plenty of seeds.

Thanks Margo

• smitties
    14 years ago

I went to the post office to weigh my envelope at the kiosk. I was all ready with the stapler in hand so I could do up the envelope after I found out the cost and figure how much to put in the envy for return. It might have been a good idea to check the stapler to make sure it was loaded with staples, NOT. I had to bring the envy back home to tape it up. I will put it in the mail tomorrow so it should be there by Friday.

• debby_1
    14 years ago

Hi,
    I would like to join. Just send an address and I'll try to get them out this weekend.

Debby

• conniesc
    14 years ago

Have u received my seeds :)

• helpful_gnome
    14 years ago

Hey, I just saw this! I'd love to participate... am sending you an email.

• petunia_2006
    14 years ago

hope you got my email I
    want to participate

• petunia_2006
    14 years ago

not sure why this is posting Tues as it is still Mon 14th

• ivyp
    14 years ago

I totally forgot about the seed swap until today. Please count me out as the seeds will not get there in time. sorry.

• conniesc
    14 years ago

Ok I will admit it... I get so excited to see what wonderful seeds I get back... I am like a little kid on Christmas Day. I was curious on a status. Have u received everyone's seeds yet. thanks

• debby_1
    14 years ago

Just checking in to see how things are going. What was the final total of participants for this swap? I'm looking foward to the surprises coming.
    Debby

• debby_1
    14 years ago

Where is everyone? A response would be nice.
    Debby

• stephaniesgarden
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Debby, and everyone else....

I am very sorry. I was not aware anyone had posted as it did not notify me. Luckily Janine seen it and let me know. I was a few days late getting them out due to a few late comers and the weekend etc. They are in the mail on the way to you.

Everyone, we owe Janine a big thank you. Everyone is getting 20 or more packs depending on what you sent in. Alot of people didn't state what they wanted. Some just sent in the same over everything....however, thanks to Janine I was able to overcome this obsticle.

Thanks you guys! I enjoyed this and very sorry I didn't get to you sooner!

• conniesc
    14 years ago

well it has been a week and I have not received my seeds yet. Did everyone else get their's and mine are somewhere lost in the postal system. thanks all

• columbine21
    14 years ago

I have not gotten mine yet either.

• debby_1
    14 years ago

I've emailed Stephanie through the address provided here on Gardenweb and have receive no reply. I have not received any seeds either and thought I was just me since there was no postings.
    Debby

• petunia_2006
    14 years ago

Hi Stephania,
    Did you get my seeds back in September? Just wondering if you have sent any in the swap yet.
    Thanks,
    Sharon (petunia_2006)

• smitties
    14 years ago

I received my seeds today. I noticed as I was scrolling down that Stephanie limited it to sending in 15 and I am afraid I overlooked that. I am not sure how many I actually sent in. Sorry Stephanie. I did receive a nice selection.

Stephanie, thank you for doing this for us. I enjoyed receiving my seeds and will look forward to growing these next year. I also noticed you had to put a little extra on the envelope. If we cross paths through GW again, I will add a little extra for you.

Thanks again and I am sure the rest of you will be receiving your seeds soon if not today.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Margo

• columbine21
    14 years ago

I got mine Saturday morning. Nice selection. Thanks, Stephanie and all who participated!

Rebekah

• jaynine
    14 years ago

Just got back from a trip and my seeds were waiting for me. Thanks so much; I'm very happy with the selection!! Great job, Stephanie!

• petunia_2006
    14 years ago

Thanks Stephanie the seed selection was great felt like I died and went to seed heaven!!

petunia_2006