Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sassyd_gw

New: PP's August Chat and Game Thread

sassyd
14 years ago

Welcome girls! This month we'll be taking it easy on our plants, our backs and our pocketbooks! I know we can still have lots of fun and I'm suggesting we all host a game at some point, not for plants, but items that we all could use, this could be seed packets, plant labels, pens,etc. Anything interesting that you come up with that can be sent in a regular envelope or at the most, a bubble envelope! How's that for easy on everyone!

I'll even do this! Whoever hosts the most games for the month of August will get a special box from me in September!!! I will wait and see who's doing the best and adjust my box to colors they like! Oh, and in Sept your box will be plants:) Now I have to tell you, they WILL be daylilies or iris, so if you're not interested in those, don't host!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!

Comments (150)

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

21 Questions
    1. Does it start with the letter D? NO
    2. What season does it bloom in? mid-Late summer (not a yes/no? lol)
    3. Does the flower have six or more petals? NO
    4. Does it have a trumpet shaped bloom? No
    5. Does it start with the letter H? NO (lol)
    6. Does it bloom red? NO (not THIS one, but family can)
    7. Is the foilage color other than green? NO

WOW this game is going SLOW lol.

:) Fran

• bernergarden
    14 years ago

Hello everyone, Tracy recommended that I join this group. I have heard that all of you are a lot of fun!
    Thanks for having me,
    Daniel

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

AHHH, Tracy's a good girl bringing us in fresh meat and all. I mean a NEW member, WELCOME nice to have you sit down a spell and get to know us, you'll learn us well.
    You'll be in stitches with this group in NO TIME FLAT! We like to have fun but sometimes these ladies get a little carried away, sometimes THEY need to be carried away...
    ANYWAY lol Nice to meet you here too.
    Ok, it's late I have to stop...

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Lisa, I love your new flower bed. It looks so neat and orderly. I could use a little help with mine too. That campanula is beautiful.

Daniel, Looks like you picked a good group to join. These guys are very friendly and alot of fun too.

I will have to go back and read through everything I missed. I've been away for a few days.

Denise

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Fran,
    Are the petals tubular in shape?
    Becky

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Good morning ladies. I am still looking at word lists, but you guys did a pretty good job of vetting your words before you sent them. I still have one list to review, but I will be back later this afternoon with a winner.
    I had to back up and read all of the posts-it was a busier weekend than I expected and I did not have time to get online.
    I love the picture of the retrievers! What beautiful dogs.
    I have to work a while this morning-back later.

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Just a note now, my daughter was here yesterday and we managed to put the tarp up on the side of the patio, had to move coral vine on the side , before it stormed. Now have to, absolutely must, according to my cat, go outside..bbl.

Fran, Q: Is it annual or perennial?

wishing you all well and good day, have fun,

Bea

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Morning everyone! I'm stiff and creaky this morning after all the planting I did yesterday. Needing extra jolts of coffee to launch myself this morning.

Daniel! HI! Welcome to the group. Ignore Fran, don't worry, you're not fresh meat. lol! I'm glad you popped in and hope you are having a great day.

Hi Denise! Did you do something fun with the family this weekend?

Fran, be nice! No making the new folks think we're vampires or something. lol! I have a guess this morning!

Is it echinacea?

Hi Bea, It sounds like you had a busy weekend too. That is great that your daughter comes over to help. Is the tarp a shade screen? My parents had one on the side of their patio and it came in handy in the early evenings.

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    6. Does it bloom red? NO (not THIS one, but a member of the family can)
    8. Are the petals tubular in shape? NO
    9. Is it annual or perennial? Perennial (not a Yes/No ?)

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea

Tracy EXCELLENT guess, but not echinacea...I AM being good SEE I welcomed him to the group :D hehe....
    GUESS AGAIN!

I have tried to get this open for over and hour, I was going to post and then the internet froze I had a bear of a time trying to get it to come back up then an even harder time getting GW to load! ERRRRRRRRRR, dang dail up!

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Tracy, I went down to the Eastern Shore MD Old Threshermens show. I've went every year since I was a kid. I went with my folks. Brooke really enjoyed riding on the little smokie joe steam powered train. For those who do not know what a threshermens show is here is a brief description.

It is a collection of farm equipment from over a centery ago of Steam Engines, Antique Tractors, Gas Engines, Antique Cars, Miniature Sawmill, Sawmill, Rock Crusher, Steam Models, Miniature Steam Train, Threshers. There was a Flea Market - Daily Parade -Music- Blacksmith ShopTractor Games.

Denise

• antiqueorchid
    14 years ago

Fran, here is a picture of my Long hair chihuahua Sophie.

{{gwi:357711}}

Denise

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Fran, you are a horrible tease! Ok, not echinacea, not something that is trumpet shaped, not red but it is in the family, doesn't begin with H, not an echinacea, hmmmmm. Something that many of us want. Can't be a daylily since that can begin with H. Oh, I know! Uh, is it a... Never mind, I don't know. LOL! Going to check Frans wish list now... Oh for crying out loud, I've gone blind with all the frogs on there! LOL!

Is it an IRIS?

Denise, that sounds like so much fun! I love the old antique farm equipment and mills. Every year our county fair has a large display of all the old John Deere tractors, from the very first one all the way to the most modern. It is neat to see the progression. I think it is wonderful that you are sharing that tradition with your daughter. Sophie is adorable!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Denise, Sophie is adorable!

Fran, does it have 5 petals?

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    10. Does it have 5 petals? NO (NOT this one)

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea
    IRIS

Denise, Sophie is adorable, she reminds me of my ex-old neighbor's dog Daisy looks just like her in the face. Daisy was a sweet sweet doggie her owner on the other hand was a horse of a different color.

TRACY you lay off my froggies by golly! I LOVES'EM!!!

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I just realized that I don't have a list from Becky. Becky, I saw your post that you had sent it, but I don't have it. I checked my junk/spam folder, but it is not there either. Please send it again to 3toedtoad@wildmail.com. If you sent it through GW, it may have died in the ether.
    Sorry for the hold up. I probably will not get back to post the winner until the am.
    These are some impressive lists!! It is amazing how many words you came up with, and most of the lists have words that don't appear on any other lists.

Welcome Daniel, but be careful. I think Tracy lures folks in so that she can blow up their gardens for the fun of it! She is dangerous.

Fran, Is your not red, perennial, 5 petals or less plant typically grown in a container?

Alana

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Here are a few things I meant to say before...

Kat, studying radiology has to be hard work, important choice, best of luck, with test results too... hope you're well to get all your plans done, same goes for everyone.

Daniel, welcome...do you realize you're among Petal Pushers?
    lol
    Tracie, you've done plenty, here we were rushing just to put some kind of shield towards the west since we no longer have the tree to shade us, so this tarp will do for now.
    Lisa, how did you get the dogs to sit still for the pic? lol
    How long that lasted? Great dogs, always loved labs.
    Your flower bed looks so beautiful and neat, shows creativity. Planting something else there? I would. :)

Fran...Is it Snail vine / Corkscrew vine?

It downed on me you once mentioned wanting it, have you already gotten it? At this rate we'll take a while to guess, can we ask 2-3 questions at once?

see you all soon,
    GB Bea

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana! Be nice! Bad frog! (muttering under my breath: Luring the poor guy just so I can blow up his garden sheesh! She should realize by now that I'm just waiting for hers to grow back so I can blow it up all over again! hehehehe)

Bea, don't tease poor Daniel, Fran has already tried to eat him. She's called him fresh meat for pete's sake! Now Alana is worrying him by making him think I want to blow up his gardens. You be sweet ok? LOL!

Daniel, do you own a flack jacket? You may need it. We get a little rowdy with all of our miscellaneous artillery.

UH OH, better duck!

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    11. Is the plant typically grown in a container? NO

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea
    IRIS
    Snail vine / Corkscrew vine (great guess!!!)

PLANT HINT: It is very unique in its own right, no other plant boast the charactistics this plant is grown for!

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Alana, sorry for the delay. I sent it to the wrong address, (misspelled) and I just got the no delivery notice this afternoon. Either they are very slow or very efficient at trying to get it to go through.
    Becky

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Lol Tracy!
    Fran......is it a VINE?

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

hello all, here goes my two cents

Fran does it have edible fruit?

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    12. Is it a Vine? NO
    13. Does it have edible friut? NO, not edible friut

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea
    IRIS

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi girls! Wow, I'm so behind on posts, please forgive me if I miss someone, its certainly not intentional. I didn't realize I was so behind. Sorry, long hours lately.

Tammy, welcome to PP's and I apologize for answering your game and falling of the face of gw. You have to get an answer in quick around here, or else.......,lol I remember years ago someone sending me an email with such and I knew when I though 3, I better go back and find them because they were there! lol Thanks for hosting a game!

Welcome also to Lainey, Bea, Becky & Daniel, we're thrilled to have you join us! Please beware.....don't follow too closely behind Tracy, you might get poooooed on! Or at the very least, things might happen to 'fall' out of the sky on top of you!

I really can't go back and check all posts but Lisa I had to tell you, your beds are just gorgeous girl! Oh, I just love the your boys! What an awesome photo. Just love it.

Hi Carmen! Glad to see you back!

Ok, I have to run for a bit.....I'll try to get back to speak some more. Figured I better try to get in on Fran's game....sooooooooo

Fran....is it an orchid????

Sassy

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Oh for crying out loud Sassy! Do not get me started on POOP! LOL! Now, if you will only go back up a little bit, you will notice that it is Alana with the, um, er, well explosive expulsions of the posterior and NOT me! LOL!

I owe you an email, I have been getting behind in those lately. Sorry! Hugs!

I've been thinking the answer might be orchid for a bit but after Carmen asked about the edible fruit I figured not since vanilla comes from one particular orchid. I'm really wracking my brain now! LOL!

I'm going to guess clematis next!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry Tracy, guess I got con...fused! lol (Not about all of it though, lol) Thats ok hun, about the email, I'm behind on everything right now.

After I posted that I remember seeing that it wasn't one grown in pots normally, and I know alot are, so I know its wrong, but I don't have time to search the ENTIRE web MISS FRAN!!!! lol

Okay, since Tracy guessed Clematis, I'm going to guess .........Caster Bean. Dang, what a flip/flop! lol

I'm off tommorrow, though I have 1000 things to do, here I am sitting up late. Should be sleeping so I can do my work done here. Oh well, this is my relaxing for a little bit, if Fran's still awake. Fran, I gotta tell you, I have NO freakin' clue!!!!!

Sassy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    12. Is it a Vine? NO
    13. Does it have edible fruit? NO, no fruit

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea
    IRIS
    Orchid
    Clematis

Game HINT:
    hardy in zone 3-9 CAN be started from commerical seeds. I traded for some seeds and received 6 seeds in a comm. pack in the trade, 3 germinated only one survived. I have read you can not gather seeds and they be true, I don't know yet.
    It sets 'flowers' in late summer. The unique character of this plant comes from it's 'flowers'.

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

21 Questions
    12. Is it a Vine? NO
    13. Does it have edible fruit? NO, no fruit

Plants it is NOT:
    Echinacea
    IRIS
    Orchid
    Clematis
    Caster Bean

BUT Miss SASSY, I have been giving clues LOL....now really. I know it is confusing, I have been on the guessing end of this game and it is not easy BUT it's FUN!!!

• sassyd
    Original Author
    14 years ago

LOL! I know you have Fran, and I'm sure I've missed some.
    I'm just having fun trying to guess. lol Waiting on my turn again Tracy.... Or Vic, or anyone else still up?

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Rudbeckia?

Now, I'm going to bed.

• galium
    14 years ago

I wrote a long post with pictures of the damage from all the rain and poof it isn't here. So I'll give it another try.

I haven't read all the posts but noticed that there are a few new members I haven't met yet. So this is for all of you:

I've been taking some pictures of the damage done from all the rain and storms we've had.
    This is an area in front of my shade garden in our back yard. All the grass has been washed away. There are twigs and leaves all over the place from a hail storm we had 2 weeks ago.

This is an area in my back yard underneath my elevated plant holding box that my SIL made for me. The soil is so saturated that the water won't drain.

We have standing water all over the place. This is the upper part of our driveway where the stones have all been washed away. The birds love bathing here.

I took this picture right after a hail storm we had. The hail was the size of popped corn. It tore holes through many of my plants leaves. There were twigs and leaves all over the place.

The one good thing about this summer is that we've had the 2nd coolest summer on record. This week is a little warmer though. It's so nice waking up to temps of 60 degrees.

I'm looking forward to hostessing next month with my helpers Tracy and Pat. It'll be great to get involved in a PP swap again. I miss all of you.
    Have a great day everyone
    Mariann

• gardencraze
    14 years ago

Hi ladies & one gent!!
    Mariann, that is so horrible about the hail storm!! wow! I feel for ya hun, this year has been so crazy with weather.
    we in central FL. have had one of the hottest summers ever. I hope all the plants make it thru for ya.

Yesterday I had a day to work in the garden, but OMG it was so freakin hot and muggy, sooooo being the stuburn gardener that I am I did not let that stop me. I got out my long a$$ extention cord and set up a couple fans to give me a little breeze. LOL My HD almost died laughing at me and my adiction. I really did get so much done and I was exausted from the heat. Yes it was worth it !!!!

Tracy I need some of that JAVA today I can't move!!!!

Miss Franypants is it a HOLLYCOCK :o)

• Vic Billings, MT
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!!
    I didn't read all the posts but see we have another new person! Hi Dan! Welcome : )

FRAN!! I know it's been a long time coming, but HERE IS MY BOX LIST :)
    First off, I should say sorry for wording that wrong about the cups not making it, what happened was all the dirt spilled out of them. The only one that didn't make it was Mac n Cheese, and IF Pink poodle doesn't make it you can bet your patootie I will let you know after all the teasing you did to me with the pics! LOL

OK, here goes....
    Zack got a nice pair of suede/leather garden gloves
    and a rake and shovel - he was THRILLED :)
    He also took over the little garden sign, said "it's little, it must be mine!" rofl
    I got a pair of gloves
    and.....
    Echies - Mac n cheese
    Pink poodle - love it
    pink dbl delight
    (My FIRST Echies for this house!)
    Heuchera - Pewter veil
    2 different sedums
    Datura - Lilac lefleur x 2
    Black currant swirl (have to look this up it sounds cool)
    Verbena bonariensis
    Staghorn sumac!! (LOVE this!!)
    Trumpet vine - Yipee!!! Been wanting forever!!
    Lilac! - Already has new buds on it! O, what color is it? :)
    Toad lily - Tojen
    Malva mystic merlin
    Star Jasmine - I have this in a pot, I think I have to bring it in this winter?
    And, shoot, another Jasmine, I didn't write it down.
    I don't have time to go look right now.

Fran, I love it all!!!! Thanks soooo much! I am very sorry I didn't post sooner, life.

Gotta run and jump in the shower, I'm sure the folks at work would appreciate it! lol

Hopefully I will get a chance to talk later!

Vic

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Mariann your poor garden! I hope the rest of the season is kinder.

Fran, is your plant a Canna?

Becky, I got your list. It is a great one! I love words.
    However Fran, please send me your address. You are the winner. How long did that enormous list take you to compile??? Amazing. I did question 3 words, but the sheer number of words made that inconsequential.
    I learned a few new words, and I also learned that next time I post this game, I will use a lot smaller word. Like Rose for instance, LOL.

Here are the lists.
    Karen

2 letter words (if they count) (8)

as, he, ho, is, me, or, so, oh

3 letter words (40)

ale, ace, are, air, aim, ail, ash, arc, arm, car, elm, ear, eel, era,
    hoe, his, has, her, him, ham, hem, ire, ice, lei, lie, mar, ohm, oil,
    ore, oar, ole, roe, rim, ram, sac, sic, sir, she, see, sea

4 letter words (110)

aces, arch, ales, arcs, acre, aims, ails, ache, cola, coil, coma,
    came, come, coal, core, char, care, clam, cash, calm, cars, cram,
    eras, eels, echo, ears, halo, hose, home, helm, hams, hems, hail,
    hoes, hair, heal, hole, hare, hire, harm, heel, hear, ices, lose,
    lace, lima, loam, lame, lime, lies, lice, liar, lair, leis, lore,
    lash, mace, mice, mile, mesa, mail, male, mesh, meal, mole, more,
    mare, mash, mosh, mere, oils, oars, ores, race, rice, rile, rims,
    rams, rail, roam, rise, real, rich, role, rash, reel, rose, ream,
    shim, slim, slam, silo, soil, some, same, sail, seal, soar, sole,
    sore, sire, shoe, sham, scar, seem, seer, seam, scam, sale

5 letter words (98)

arose, arise, aches, acres, aisle, close, clash, chore, colas, chars,
    coils, chose, comas, chime, coral, cheer, crime, clear, comes, cores,
    clams, cares, claim, crams, chair, charm, chase, crash, calms, cream,
    creme, erase, halos, horse, homes, hairs, hails, helms, heals, hers,
    holes, hares, hires, harms, heels, hears, loser, laser, lamer, leash,
    limes, liars, lairs, laces, leech, leach, molar, mails, meals, moles,
    mares, march, males, miles, marsh, miser, mocha, ochre, oiler, rails,
    relic, roams, risen, roach, roles, resin, reels, rhelm, reams, races,
    riles, reach, shoal, slice, solar, shame, scram, smile, slime, smear,
    shear, scare, score, share, sheer, shore, shies, scale

6 letter words (35)

arches, crimes, calmer, charms, coarse, corals, chrome, chimes,
    creams, cremes, cheers, chores, claims, chairs, clears, closer,
    chaser, echoes, hearse, mailer, molars, ochres, oilers, recoil,
    rehire, resale, reseal, rhelms, relics, relies, solace, scream,
    sailor, social, riches

7 letter words (11)

reaches, cashier, claimer, marches, roaches, teaches, recoils,
    rehires, reclose, reclaim, mailers

8 letter words (1)

cashmere
    Total 303

Fran

1. A
    2. ace
    3. acerose 1. resembling chaff 2. mixed with chaff
    4. aces
    5. acme
    6. acmes
    7. acre
    8. acres
    9. aerie
    10. aeries
    11. aero
    12. ail
    13. ails
    14. aim
    15. aimer
    16. aimers
    17. aims
    18. air
    19. airs
    20. aisle
    21. ale
    22. alee
    23. ales
    24. all
    25. allies
    26. alls
    27. alms
    28. aloe
    29. aloes
    30. also
    31. amerce
    32. amerces
    33. ami a friend, esp. a male friend
    34. amice
    35. amices
    36. amie-a female friend
    37. amies
    38. amir a chieftain, prince, commander, or head of state in some Islamic countries
    39. amirs
    40. amole
    41. amoles
    42. arc
    43. arco with bow
    44. arcs
    45. are
    46. areole
    47. areoles
    48. aril
    49. arils
    50. ariose characterized by melody; songlike
    51. arise
    52. arm
    53. armies
    54. arms
    55. arose
    56. ar the letter r
    57. call
    58. caller
    59. callers
    60. callose having thickened or hardened spots, as a leaf
    61. calls
    62. calm
    63. calmer
    64. calms
    65. calomel
    66. calorie
    67. calories
    68. cam
    69. came
    70. camel
    71. camels
    72. cameo
    73. cameos
    74. camisole
    75. cams
    76. car
    77. care
    78. cares
    79. caries
    80. cariole
    81. carioles
    82. carol
    83. carols
    84. carom
    85. caroms
    86. cars
    87. case
    88. casimere variant of cassimere
    89. cease
    90. cee the letter C
    91. cees
    92. ceil
    93. ceils
    94. cel variant of cell
    95. cell
    96. cella the principal enclosed chamber of a classical temple
    97. cellae plural of cella
    98. cellar
    99. cellars
    100. celli
    101. cello
    102. cellos
    103. cells
    104. ceorl A freeman of the lowest class in Anglo-Saxon England
    105. cere a fleshy, membranous covering of the base of the upper mandible of a bird
    106. cereal
    107. cereals
    108. ceria
    109. cerise
    110. cero
    111. ceros
    112. ciao
    113. claim
    114. claimer
    115. claimers
    116. claims
    117. clam
    118. clamor
    119. clamors
    120. clams
    121. claries
    122. claro (of cigars) light-colored and, usually, mild noun; such a cigar
    123. clear
    124. clears
    125. cleome
    126. cleomes
    127. clime
    128. climes
    129. close
    130. closer
    131. coal
    132. coaler
    133. coalers
    134. coals
    135. coarse
    136. coil
    137. coiler
    138. coilers
    139. coils
    140. coir
    141. coirs
    142. col Physical Geography. a pass or depression in a mountain range or ridge.
    143. cola
    144. colas
    145. cole any of various plants of the genus Brassica
    146. colies plural of coly: any of several slender, fruit-eating, African birds constituting the family Coliidae, having grayish-brown plumage and a long, pointed tail.
    147. collar
    148. collars
    149. collie
    150. collier
    151. colliers
    152. collies
    153. cols
    154. coma
    155. comae plural of coma: Botany A usually terminal tuft or cluster, especially a tuft of hairs on a seed, as on a willow or milkseed.
    156. comal a griddle made from sandstone or earthenware
    157. comals plural of comal
    158. comas
    159. come
    160. comelier
    161. comer
    162. comers
    163. comes
    164. coral
    165. corals
    166. core
    167. cores
    168. coria Plural of corium
    169. corm
    170. cormel a small new corm that is vegetatively propagated by a fully mature corm
    171. corms
    172. cosier variant of cozier
    173. cram
    174. crams
    175. cream
    176. creams
    177. crease
    178. creel
    179. creels
    180. creme
    181. cremes
    182. creole
    183. creoles
    184. cresol
    185. cries
    186. crime
    187. crimes
    188. ear
    189. earl
    190. earls
    191. ears
    192. ease
    193. easel
    194. easier
    195. eclair
    196. eclairs
    197. eel
    198. eels
    199. elemi
    200. elemis
    201. ell
    202. elm
    203. elms
    204. else
    205. em the letter m
    206. ems plural of letter m
    207. emir
    208. emirs
    209. era
    210. eras
    211. erase
    212. ere
    213. eros long def. but it is a word
    214. erose uneven, as if gnawed away
    215. escarole
    216. escolar
    217. he
    218. his
    219. I
    220. ice
    221. ices
    222. ilea
    223. ileac of or pertaining to the ileum
    224. ileal variant of ileac
    225. ill
    226. ills
    227. ire
    228. isle
    229. ism
    230. isomer
    231. lac A resinous secretion of the lac insect deposited on trees and used in making shellac
    232. lace
    233. lacer
    234. lacers
    235. laces
    236. lacier
    237. laic
    238. laics
    239. lair
    240. lairs
    241. lam
    242. lame
    243. lamer
    244. lames
    245. lams
    246. lar singular Lar of the plural of Lares
    247. lares
    248. laser
    249. lea
    250. leas
    251. lease
    252. leaser
    253. lee
    254. leer
    255. leers
    256. lees
    257. lei
    258. leis
    259. liar
    260. liars
    261. lice
    262. lie
    263. lier a person or thing that lies, as in wait or in ambush
    264. liers
    265. lies
    266. lilac
    267. lilacs
    268. lima
    269. limas
    270. lime
    271. limes
    272. limo
    273. limos
    274. lira
    275. liras
    276. lire
    277. lisle
    278. loam
    279. loamier
    280. loams
    281. loca plural of locus
    282. local
    283. locale
    284. locales
    285. localism
    286. locals
    287. loci
    288. loral of or pertaining to lore, knowledge, learning, etc
    289. lore
    290. loreal Of or pertaining to the lore; -- said of certain feathers of birds, scales of reptiles, etc
    291. lores
    292. lorica Zoology. a hard protective case or sheath, as the protective coverings secreted by certain protists
    293. loricae plural of lorica
    294. lories plural of lory- any of several small, usually brilliantly colored Australasian parrots
    295. loris a small, slender, tailless, large-eyed, nocturnal lemur
    296. lose
    297. losel a worthless person; scoundrel
    298. loser
    299. mac Informal. fellow; bud (a familiar term of address to a man or boy whose name is not known to the speaker).
    300. mace
    301. maces
    302. macle a twinned crystal
    303. macles
    304. macro
    305. macros
    306. macs
    307. mail
    308. mailer
    309. mailers
    310. mails
    311. male
    312. males
    313. malic pertaining to or derived from apples
    314. malice
    315. mall
    316. mallee any of various dwarf Australian eucalyptuses, as E. dumosa , that sometimes form large tracts of brushwood
    317. mallees
    318. malls
    319. mar
    320. marc
    321. marcel to wave (the hair) by means of special irons, producing the effect of regular, continuous waves
    322. marcels
    323. marcs
    324. mare
    325. mares
    326. marl
    327. marls
    328. mars
    329. marse used chiefly in representation of southern black speech) master.
    330. maser
    331. me
    332. meal
    333. mealier
    334. meals
    335. measle noun: sing medical CYSTICERCUS; specifically : one found in the muscles of a domesticated mammal
    336. measlier adj. measlier, measliest (measly)
    337. melic adjective 1. intended to be sung.
    338. mell verb (used with object) 1. to blend; mix; meld.
    339. mercies
    340. mere
    341. merle
    342. merles
    343. mesa
    344. mescal
    345. mesial Dentistry. directed toward the sagittal plane or midline of the face, along the dental arch.
    346. mesic adjective of, pertaining to, or adapted to an environment having a balanced supply of moisture.
    347. mica
    348. micas
    349. mice
    350. micella medical
    351. micellae Inflected Form: plural of micella
    352. micellar
    353. micelle
    354. micelles
    355. micra noun a pl. of micron
    356. micro
    357. mil
    358. mile
    359. miler
    360. milers
    361. miles
    362. mill
    363. mille
    364. miller
    365. millers
    366. millrace
    367. millraces
    368. mills
    369. milo a grain sorghum having white, yellow, or pinkish seeds, grown chiefly in Africa, Asia, and the US
    370. miracle
    371. miracles
    372. mires
    373. miscall
    374. mise a settlement or agreement.
    375. miser
    376. moa flightless birds of the family Dinornithidae, of New Zealand, related to the kiwis; resembling the ostrich
    377. moil
    378. moils
    379. moire any moiré fabric
    380. mol
    381. mola a colorfully appliquéd piece of fabric handcrafted by the Cuna Indian women
    382. molal noting or pertaining to a solution containing one mole of solute per kilogram of solvent
    383. molar
    384. molars
    385. molas
    386. mole
    387. moles
    388. molies plural of moly an herb given to Odysseus by Hermes to counteract the spells of Circe.
    389. moll
    390. mollie Any of several tropical and subtropical live-bearing fishes of the genus Poecilia or Mollienesia
    391. mollies
    392. molls
    393. mols (also mole) the molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams; gram molecule
    394. mor
    395. mora the unit of time equivalent to the ordinary or normal short sound or syllable.
    396. morae plural of mora
    397. moral
    398. morale
    399. morals
    400. moras
    401. more
    402. morel
    403. morels
    404. mores
    405. mors medical death
    406. morsel
    407. mosaic
    408. oar
    409. oars
    410. oca a wood sorrel, Oxalis tuberosa, of the Andes, cultivated in South America for its edible tubers
    ***cant be plural (ocas)
    411. ocellar adjective pertaining to an ocellus
    412. ocelli plural of ocellus
    413. ocrea a sheathing part, as a pair of stipules united about a stem
    414. ocreae plural of ocera
    415. oil
    416. oiler a person or thing that oils
    417. oilers more then one oiler
    418. oils
    419. ole
    420. olea plural of oleum
    421. oleic
    422. olla
    423. ollas
    424. omer a Hebrew unit of dry measure, the tenth part of an ephah
    425. ora a money of account of Anglo-Saxon England, introduced by the Danes and equal to about two shillings
    426. oras plural of ora
    427. oracle
    428. oracles
    429. oral
    430. orals
    431. orc any of several cetaceans, as a grampus ***cant be pluralised
    432. orca
    433. orcas
    434. ore
    435. ores
    436. oriel
    437. oriels
    438. orle a charge in the form of a narrow band following the form of the escutcheon within the edge, so that the extreme outer edge of the escutcheon is of the field tincture
    439. ors
    440. osar plural of os
    441. osier
    442. osmic adjective Chemistry. of or containing osmium in its higher valences, esp. the tetravalent state
    443. os Anatomy, Zoology. a bone
    444. race
    445. raceme
    446. racemes
    447. racemose adjective 1. Botany. a. having the form of a raceme
    448. races
    449. racism
    450. rail
    451. rails
    452. raise
    453. rale an abnormal crackling or rattling sound heard upon auscultation of the chest
    454. rallies
    455. ram
    456. rami plural of ramus a branch, as of a plant, vein, bone, etc
    457. ramie an Asian shrub, Boehmeria nivea, of the nettle family, yielding a fiber used esp. in making textiles
    458. ramies
    459. ramose
    460. rams
    461. rase (also raze)to tear down; demolish; level to the ground: to raze a row of old buildings
    462. real
    463. realism
    464. realm
    465. realms
    466. ream
    467. reams
    468. rec n. Informal Recreation.
    469. recall
    470. recalls
    471. reclaim
    472. reclaims
    473. reclame publicity; self-advertisement; notoriety.
    474. recoil
    475. recoils
    476. ree the letter R
    477. reel
    478. reels
    479. rees
    480. relace verb lace again
    481. relaces
    482. relic
    483. relics
    484. relies
    485. rem the quantity of ionizing radiation whose biological effect is equal to that produced by one roentgen of x-rays cant be pluralized
    486. remise
    487. resale
    488. rescale
    489. reseal
    490. resell
    491. resole
    492. rial noun a silver or cupronickel coin and monetary unit of Iran, equal to 100 dinars
    493. rials
    494. rice
    495. rices To sieve (food) to the consistency of rice.
    496. riel a paper money and monetary unit of Cambodia, equal to 100 sen
    497. riels
    498. riles
    499. rill
    500. rille (also rill) any of certain long, narrow, straight or sinuous trenches or valleys observed on the surface of the moon

501. rills
    502. rim
    503. rime
    504. rimes
    505. rimose full of crevices, chinks, or cracks
    506. rims
    507. rise
    508. roam
    509. roams
    510. roc-a bird of enormous size and strength
    511. rocs
    512. roe
    513. roes
    514. roil
    515. roils
    516. role
    517. roles
    518. roll
    519. rolls
    520. rose
    521. roselle a tropical plant, Hibiscus sabdariffa, of the mallow family, grown for its thick, red calyx and bracts, used in making jellies and as a substitute for cranberries.
    522. sac a baglike structure in an animal, plant, or fungus, as one containing fluid.
    523. sail
    524. sailer a vessel propelled by a sail or sails
    525. sailor
    526. sale
    527. salic adj. Of or relating to certain minerals, such as quartz and the feldspars, that commonly occur in igneous rocks and contain large amounts of silica and alumina
    528. sallier noun 1. a sortie of troops from a besieged place upon an enemy Related forms:sal⋅li⋅er, noun (of sally)
    529. salmi noun a ragout of partially cooked game, as pheasant or woodcock, stewed in wine and butter
    530. salol a white, crystalline, aromatic powder, C1 3H1 0O3, produced by the interaction of salicylic acid and phenol
    531. same
    532. samiel n. See simoom
    533. saree noun sari a garment worn by Hindu women
    534. sari
    535. scale
    536. scaler a person or thing that scales. 2. Also called counter, scaling circuit. Electronics. an electronic circuit devised to give a single pulse as output after a certain number of input pulses
    537. scalier
    538. scall noun dandruff
    539. scam
    540. scar
    541. scare

542. sclera
    543. scleral adjective Anatomy. sclerotic (def. 1). Also, scleral. Anatomy. of or pertaining to the sclera.
    544. scleroma Pathology. a tumorlike hardening of tissue
    545. score
    546. scoria
    547. scoriae
    548. scram
    549. scream
    550. scree noun a steep mass of detritus on the side of a mountain
    551. scrim
    552. scroll
    553. sea
    554. seal
    555. sealer
    556. seam
    557. seamer Related form of seam: seamer, noun
    558. seamier
    559. sear
    560. sec
    561. see
    562. seel Falconry. to sew shut (the eyes of a falcon) during parts of its training
    563. seem
    564. seer
    565. sei A sei whale
    566. sell
    567. seller
    568. seme covered with many small, identical figures
    569. semi
    570. ser
    571. sera
    572. serac large irregularity of glacial ice, as a pinnacle found in glacial crevasses and formed by melting or movement of the ice
    573. serai (in Eastern countries) a caravansary
    574. seral of or pertaining to a sere
    575. sere
    576. serial
    577. seriema either of two birds of the family Cariamidae, Cariama cristata, of southern Brazil, or Chunga burmeisteri, of Argentina
    578. she
    579. sial the assemblage of rocks, rich in silica and alumina, that comprise the continental portions of the upper layer of the earth's crust
    580. sic
    581. sice (syce) (in India) a groom; stable attendant. Also, saice, sice.
    582. sill
    583. silo
    584. sima an assemblage of rocks, rich in silica and magnesium, that constitutes the lower layer of the earth's crust and is found beneath the ocean floors and the sial of continents.
    585. simar Also, cymar. a loose, lightweight jacket or robe for women, fashionable in the 17th and 18th centuries
    586. sir
    587. sire
    588. siree used as an intensive with no or yes): Will I go there again? No, sirree! Also, siree
    589. slalom
    590. slam
    591. slice
    592. slicer a thin-bladed knife or implement used for slicing, esp. food: a cheese slicer
    593. slier
    594. slim
    595. slime
    596. sloe
    597. small
    598. smaller
    599. smear
    600. smell
    601. smeller
    602. smellier
    603. smile
    604. soar
    605. social
    606. soil
    607. soiree
    608. sol
    609. solace
    610. solacer solace Related forms:solacer, noun
    611. solar
    612. sole
    613. soma
    614. some
    615. sore

Denise
    1 Hemerocallis
    2 resale
    3 scheme
    4 scram
    5 camel
    6 camero
    7 cameo
    8 coma
    9 camels
    10 ear
    11 ream
    12 meal
    13 seal
    14 holism
    15 heel
    16 heels
    17 heals
    18 heal
    19 scar
    20 sac
    21 cash
    22 lash
    23 hash
    24 mash
    25 rash
    26 choir
    27 chrome
    28 chroma
    29 crime
    30 chair
    31 chairs
    32 choirs
    33 chime
    34 chimes
    35 coral
    36 haole
    37 hole
    38 holes
    39 horse
    40 Hemi
    41 semi
    42 Hem
    43 hems
    44 here
    45 miracle
    46 miracles
    47 mere
    48 meals
    49 micro
    50 mile
    51 miles
    52 rail
    53 rails
    54 mail
    55 male
    56 sail
    57 sale
    58 hail
    59 hale
    60 lear
    61 hear
    62 car
    63 cars
    64 mars
    65 chemo
    66 realm
    67 calorie
    68 calories
    69 corm
    70 corms
    71 more
    72 sore
    73 sole
    74 solar
    75 solice
    76 Lame
    77 rome
    78 reme
    79 ram
    80 rice
    81 mice
    82 lice
    83 slice
    84 hero
    85 heroes
    86 Mare
    87 Mares
    88 Hare
    89 Hares
    90 Hair
    91 Haires
    92 Halo
    93 Haloes
    94 Ham
    95 Hams
    96 Caloric
    97 came
    98 come
    99 home
    100 homes
    101 loam
    102 lime
    103 Liar
    104 liars
    105 Hire
    106 Sire
    107 Role
    108 roles
    109 mole
    110 moles
    111 sham
    112 shim
    113 slim
    114 slime
    115 rime
    116 harem
    117 harems
    118 malice
    119 Mocha
    120 aim
    121 am
    122 a
    123 as
    124 is
    125 I
    126 me
    127 her
    128 him
    129 he
    130 she
    131 Hi
    132 hoe
    133 shoe
    134 shear
    136 shears
    137 sheer
    138 silo
    139 same
    140 shame
    141 seam
    142 seem
    143 some
    144 race
    145 racism
    146 lie
    147 core
    148 cam
    149 slam
    150 risen
    151 rise
    152 rose
    153 raise
    154 His
    155 schism
    156 mase
    157 moral
    158 morals
    159 cole
    160 more
    161 cheer
    162 cheers
    163 scare
    164 smear
    165 smile
    166 or
    167 oar
    168 ore
    169 oral
    170 oracle
    171 clear
    172 real
    173 relic
    174 relics
    175 colar
    176 mesh
    177 leash
    178 call
    179 cell
    180 hello
    181 roll
    182 roller
    183 holler
    184 hell
    185 mello
    186 reel
    187 sill
    188 shrill
    189 hill
    190 mill
    191 morale

Tracy
    1. Ace
    2. Ails
    3. Aim
    4. Ale
    5. Am
    6. Arc
    7. Are
    8. Arm
    9. As
    10. Calm
    11. Calmer
    12. Came
    13. Chair
    14. Chase
    15. Cheer
    16. Chime
    17. Choir
    18. Chore
    19. Chose
    20. Coal
    21. Coarse
    22. Come
    23. Coral
    24. Core
    25. Corm
    26. Hail
    27. Hale
    28. Ham
    29. Harm
    30. He
    31. Heal
    32. Heel
    33. Helm
    34. Hem
    35. Her
    36. Hero
    37. Hers
    38. Him
    39. His
    40. Hoe
    41. Hole
    42. Is

Kat
    Airhole
    Sore
    Has
    Her
    His
    Him
    Ill
    Ore
    Armhole
    Callers
    Calorie
    Heros
    Cereal
    Chill
    Chiller
    Choral
    Chorals
    Chrome
    Eclairs
    Claim
    Claims
    Ram
    Rams
    Claimer
    Clash
    Echo
    Echos
    Ice
    Ices
    Lair
    Hail
    Hails
    Cleome
    Hero
    Schemer
    Cashier
    Holler
    Leach
    Leaches
    Local
    Locals
    Mail
    Mails
    Orca
    Orcas
    Miracle
    Oracles
    Oracle
    Mailers
    Oraches
    Or
    Scroll
    Realise
    Realism
    Recall
    Recalls
    Recoil
    Recoils
    Halo
    Cereals
    Each
    Scholar
    Sailor
    Caller
    Charm
    Charms
    Easier
    Coral
    Oilers
    Oils
    Racism
    Riches
    Scream
    Reaches
    Latch
    Seal
    Seam
    Seamer
    Aisle
    Cell
    Calls
    Arose
    Cola
    Clear
    Hairs
    Hair
    Coma
    Oralism
    Harem
    Hear
    Hears
    Heels
    Lace
    Laces
    Air
    Lilac
    Local
    Loser
    Macro
    Mall
    Micro
    Hell
    Solar
    Small
    Smear
    Smell
    Aims
    Hare
    Aleo
    Reclaim
    Arch
    Car
    Cars
    Cash
    Roaches
    Clam
    Is
    Come
    Core
    Heroism
    Ease
    Eels
    Ham
    Hams
    Also
    Rise
    Hire
    Hose
    Cheerio
    Cheerios
    Lame
    Mare
    Lime
    Mash
    Mica
    Race
    Scar
    Rim
    Rims
    Seal
    Ear
    Ems

Bea
    ALLIES
    ALIES
    AIMS
    ARMS
    AIRS
    AISLE
    ACER-S
    ACRE-S
    HALE
    HALL
    HARM-S
    HEAL-S
    HEAR-S
    HEALER-S
    HEALS
    HEEL-S
    ISLE
    HERO-ES
    HILL-S
    HIRE-S
    HEIR-S
    HELL-S
    HOME-R-S
    HOMES
    HOLLER-S
    HOLLIER
    HOLE-S
    HOER-S
    HERE
    HERM?
    HOIL-S?
    HOSE-R
    HOLLIER
    HOLLIES
    MILL-S

SHALL
    SHALE --SAW IT AND FORGOT THE MEANING,LOL
    SHELL
    SOAL
    SEAL
    SEAM
    SOAR
    SEAR
    SERE
    SHIM

SHRILL
    SMILE
    SALE
    SAIL-OR
    SHAME
    SILO
    SOME
    SIRE
    SORE-L-L?
    SLOE
    SELL
    SLIM-E
    MILL-S
    MILLER-S
    MILE-R-S
    MILES
    MARS
    MALL-S
    MAIL-S
    MEAL-S
    MERE
    MERILL-S?
    MICE-R-S
    MORAL-S
    MORSEL
    MORE-S
    MOSE-R
    LEIS
    LASH
    LACE-S
    LIES
    LICE-R-S
    LEAS
    LEAH?
    LEES
    LEASE
    LEASH
    LILAC-S
    LOSE-R-S
    LOSES
    LORE-S
    LIER-S
    LIRE-S
    LIRA-S
    LAIR-S
    LIAR-S
    ORAL-S
    OSCAR
    CELL-O-ES
    CALM-S

CLAM-S
    CALL-S
    CALLER-S
    CORM-S
    COIL-S
    CRIME-S
    CLIME-S ?
    CLOSE-R
    CARL-S
    CHORE-S
    CHIMER-R-S
    CHIMES
    COAL-S
    CORM-S
    CHROME-S
    COARSE
    CHARM-S
    CHARMER-S
    CHOLERA
    CELL-OES /CHELLO-ES?
    CAROL-S
    CHEER-S
    CELER
    CRIME-S
    CLEAR-S
    CELLAR-S
    RESEAL
    RECALL-S
    RECOIL-S
    RHEA-S
    RHEM-S
    RICE
    RICH-ES
    RICE
    ROAM-S
    ROSE
    ROLE-S
    ROIL-S
    RELIC-S

CLAM-S
    ECHO-S
    ECHOES
    EARL-S
    ERES
    ELSE
    RACE-S
    RALE-S
    RASH
    REACH-ES

Tammy
    is
    ace
    race
    mace
    lace
    races
    laces
    maces
    racism
    he
    here
    all
    ail
    ails
    sail
    sails
    sailor
    saler
    sale
    hail
    hails
    mail
    mails
    mailer
    hailer
    rail
    rails
    railer
    call
    caller
    calls
    mall
    roll
    cole
    coler
    colers
    heir
    heirs
    coheirs
    cream
    creams
    ream
    reams
    crime
    crimes
    leo
    cleome
    acme
    ails
    rolls
    collier
    hollier
    holler
    hollers
    solar
    molar
    molars
    holar
    roller
    rollers
    ill
    mill
    mills
    hill
    hills
    sill
    malls
    hall
    halls
    meril
    moral
    morals
    morsel
    morel
    moras
    carol (as in song - christmas carol)
    role
    roles
    hole
    holes
    mole
    moles
    cole
    coles
    sole
    lie
    lies
    lier
    hi
    his
    rise
    riser
    sir
    sirs
    roca
    loca
    lima
    limas
    sim
    sims
    care
    cares
    air
    hair
    hairs
    lair
    lairs
    mare
    mares
    Hem
    hems
    rose
    soil
    oil
    oils
    coil
    allies
    hallies
    alms
    ahem
    aloes
    also
    alchemies
    oars
    moars
    moar
    soar
    sore
    coils
    hose
    mose
    lose
    loser
    soe
    roe
    moe
    hoe
    hoes
    lame
    lamer
    same
    ham
    hams
    ram
    rams
    came
    ash
    cash
    cashier
    cashmere
    rash
    rasher
    oral
    lural
    mash
    masher
    sash
    lash
    lasher
    car
    cars
    seem
    her
    hers
    lear
    lears
    hear
    hears
    sear
    sears
    ears
    ear
    slime
    lime
    limes
    smile
    mile
    miles
    miller
    millers
    milers
    rile
    riles
    cell
    cells
    hell
    mell
    cellos
    cereal
    camo
    cameo
    hole
    holes
    liar
    hire
    sire
    lire
    mire
    eel
    eels
    heel
    heels
    corm
    corms

Becky
    1 ahem
    2 aims
    3 aims
    4 air
    5 airhole
    6 airs
    7 aisle
    8 alee
    9 alee
    10 all
    11 alms
    12 aloe
    13 arc
    14 arch
    15 arco
    16 aril
    17 arise
    18 arm
    19 armhole
    20 arms
    21 arose
    22 ash
    23 ashore
    24 call
    25 caller
    26 calls
    27 calm
    28 calmer
    29 calms
    30 cam
    31 camel
    32 camels
    33 cameo
    34 cameos
    35 camise
    36 camisole
    37 car
    38 care
    39 cares
    40 cars
    41 case
    42 cash
    43 cell
    44 cell
    45 cellar
    46 cello
    47 cellos
    48 cells
    49 cells
    50 cereal
    51 cerise
    52 chair
    53 chaise
    54 chamois
    55 charm
    56 chase
    57 chasm
    58 cheer
    59 cheers
    60 chemise
    61 chiars
    62 chill
    63 chills
    64 chisel
    65 cholera
    66 choral
    67 chore
    68 chose
    69 chrome
    70 claim
    71 clam
    72 clams
    73 clash
    74 clear
    75 close
    76 coal
    77 coarse
    78 cohere
    79 coil
    80 coils
    81 cola
    82 colas
    83 collar
    84 collars
    85 coma
    86 come
    87 coral
    88 corals
    89 core
    90 cores
    91 cram
    92 crash
    93 creel
    94 each
    95 each
    96 ear
    97 earl
    98 echo
    99 echoes
    100 eel
    101 eels
    102 else
    103 emir
    104 erase
    105 erase
    106 ere
    107 erose
    108 hail
    109 hails
    110 hair
    111 hall
    112 halls
    113 halo
    114 ham
    115 harem
    116 harm
    117 hash
    118 heal
    119 heals
    120 hear
    121 heel
    122 heeler
    123 heels
    124 heir
    125 hell
    126 helm
    127 hem
    128 hems
    129 her
    130 here
    131 hero
    132 heroes
    133 hers
    134 hill
    135 hills
    136 hire
    137 hires
    138 his
    139 hoar
    140 hoarse
    141 hoe
    142 hole
    143 holes
    144 home
    145 horse
    146 hose
    147 ice
    148 ill
    149 lace
    150 laces
    151 lair
    152 lam
    153 lame
    154 larch
    155 lash
    156 lea
    157 leach
    158 lease
    159 leer
    160 lei
    161 liar
    162 lice
    163 lie
    164 lilac
    165 lime
    166 limes
    167 loam
    168 local
    169 lore
    170 loris
    171 lose
    172 mace
    173 macho
    174 mail
    175 mailer
    176 mails
    177 male
    178 males
    179 malice
    180 mall
    181 malls
    182 mar
    183 march
    184 mare
    185 marsh
    186 mash
    187 meal
    188 meals
    189 mere
    190 mere
    191 mesh
    192 mice
    193 mile
    194 millers
    195 millers
    196 millers
    197 mills
    198 mire
    199 mires
    200 molar
    201 mole
    202 moral
    203 more
    204 mosaic
    205 oar
    206 oil
    207 oral
    208 orca
    209 race
    210 races
    211 racism
    212 rail
    213 rails
    214 ram
    215 rash
    216 reach
    217 real
    218 realism
    219 realm
    220 ream
    221 reams
    222 rearm
    223 reclaim
    224 reel
    225 reels
    226 rhea
    227 rice
    228 rich
    229 riches
    230 rile
    231 rill
    232 rim
    233 rise
    234 riser
    235 roam
    236 role
    237 roll
    238 roll
    239 roller
    240 rolls
    241 rose
    242 sail
    243 sale
    244 scale
    245 scam
    246 scheme
    247 scram
    248 scroll
    249 sea
    250 seal
    251 sealer
    252 seam
    253 sear
    254 search
    255 search
    256 see
    257 seem
    258 seer
    259 sell
    260 serial
    261 shall
    262 sham
    263 share
    264 shear
    265 shell
    266 shellac
    267 shim
    268 shire
    269 shoal
    270 shoe
    271 shore
    272 sill
    273 silo
    274 sir
    275 sire
    276 slam
    277 slice
    278 slim
    279 slime
    280 small
    281 smear
    282 smell
    283 smile
    284 soar
    285 social
    286 soil
    287 sol
    288 solar
    289 sole
    290 some

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Mariann, sorry to hear about your bad weather. I hope your plants survived alright.

Contratulations Fran! What a list. Wow ladies, I am impressed with your lists.

Fran is it buddleia?

• karenh71867
    14 years ago

Hi everyone!

Welcome Dan! Nice to meet you!

I've skimmed through most of the posts, a LOT of catching up to do!!

Congrats Fran! What a list!!! :)

Alana, sorry I didn't get an updated list in like I said I would. I got so busy. It still wouldn't have come close to Frans!!

Fran, ramdom seeds are fine for me, and my question:

Is it Cimicifuga?

Hopefully I will be able to check back in later!
    Karen

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Congratulations Fran! Way to go! That is a massive list!

Alana, Did you see the other 2 pages from my word document that I sent? There weren't nearly as many words as Fran's list but it did go to a little over 90. :O)

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

OK, TRACY, it IS a RUDBECKIA BUT, you HAVE to TELL me WHICH ONE! LOL

WOW, I can't believe I got the words list WOOHOOOO, it took a while to look them up AND dictionary.com gives suggestions on the side so THAT helps LOL.

Ok Karen, I will get your seeds together and if I don't mail it out today I will get it out tomorrow.

VIC, I am glad you are happy with the package, that sucks about the cups, I THOUGHT I had them packed in there well enough it would stay! NEXT time I will tape the newspaper to the cup dog it! I hate doing that though tape is such a pain! BUT it is better then losing the plants!

Alana, I will get my addy out to you too,,,,wooohooo, I am so excited THANKS so much for the game!

Mariann, I am so sorry about your plants and yard, but HEY I see rasied beds in your future where that grass washed away, more beds is what you need, ditch the grass LOL.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Hi Fran,

I just read all the clues, is it rudbeckia cherry brandy? I have seeds but heard it has very sporadic germination.

Lisa

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Rudbeckia it is not:
    Cherry Brandy

Try again someone, ANYONE LOL

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

rudbeckia lancinata? Smarty pants! Sheeze, we have to give the specific variety? (GROAN)

• galium
    14 years ago

Good grief! What's with all the lists??? That's what I get for hibernating! Sounds like everyone is having fun.

Fran-I'd love to put more gardens in the areas that have lost the grass but we always have an erosion problem there. My DH talked me into turning my veggie garden into a flower garden. That sounds good to me....
    Mariann

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

NOT variety but cultivar like guessed above she guessd Cherry Brandy which it is not...

RED the clues Tracy dear and figure out which one it is....THINK about what the clues say LOL

I can't believe I am having so much trouble out of this stupid internet thing...it kept telling me there were no new post lol so I was waiting and waiting and then I decided to open a whole new window and there they were! ERRRR, stupid internet!

OK at any rate that is what you need to tell me hehe....
    Try again

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm'?

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

Sorry Tracy. I did see it, but when I copied and pasted I must have dropped some of it. Here is Tracy's complete list:
    1. Ace
    2. Ails
    3. Aim
    4. Ale
    5. Am
    6. Arc
    7. Are
    8. Arm
    9. As
    10. Calm
    11. Calmer
    12. Came
    13. Chair
    14. Chase
    15. Cheer
    16. Chime
    17. Choir
    18. Chore
    19. Chose
    20. Coal
    21. Coarse
    22. Come
    23. Coral
    24. Core
    25. Corm
    26. Hail
    27. Hale
    28. Ham
    29. Harm
    30. He
    31. Heal
    32. Heel
    33. Helm
    34. Hem
    35. Her
    36. Hero
    37. Hers
    38. Him
    39. His
    40. Hoe
    41. Hole
    42. Is
    43. Mace
    44. Mail
    45. Male
    46. Mare
    47. Me
    48. Meal
    49. Mere
    50. Mile
    51. Mime
    52. Mole
    53. Mora
    54. Moral
    55. More
    56. Oar
    57. Oars
    58. Ohm
    59. Oil
    60. Or
    61. Oral
    62. Orca
    63. Race
    64. Raise
    65. Ram
    66. Reem
    67. Ris
    68. Rise
    69. Roam
    70. Rose
    71. Sail
    72. Sale
    73. Same
    74. Seal
    75. Seam
    76. See
    77. Seel
    78. Seem
    79. Shale
    80. Sham
    81. Shame
    82. Share
    83. Share
    84. She

85. Shear
    86. Sheer
    87. Shim
    88. Shoal
    89. Shoe
    90. Shole
    91. Soil
    92. Sole
    93. Some

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Rudbeckia Occidentalis "Black Beauty", no petals!

• tracyvine
    14 years ago

Alana, you didn't have to post the whole list! LOL! I just didn't want you to think I couldn't find more than 40 or so on my first try. I was feeling a little stupid. LOL!

Mariann, I can't believe how much of the lawn you lost. I know we've been chatting about some of the damage that you had to deal with this season but the pictures are really shocking. I feel sooooo bad! What a horrid year this has been. I hope you are careful when you're out mucking around through there. We can't have you slipping and falling.

I think turning the vegie garden into a flower bed is a great idea. I know you are fighting to find some sunny spots for your perennials.

Hugs,
    Tracy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

How about green envy or green wizard (or any of them that are green. LOL)??? Am I right... ? (but now that I see tracys post i think maybe she is right.. ) And if you get those babies growing good you had better share with us all. LOL. hehe

Tammy

• greenthumbgrow
    14 years ago

oh as I did some research on the type I realized that that one is just a different name for the green envy and green wizard. LOL. Anyway. I will be getting some of those they are very pretty!

Tammy

Oh yeah here are some photos of my yard...

Pond:
    {{gwi:1294950}}
    Trellis entryway:
    {{gwi:1294952}}
    {{gwi:1293910}}

Daughters Fairy Garden:
    {{gwi:1294954}}
    {{gwi:1298729}}
    Topsy Turvy Pots (This was when they were first planted - I need to take one now that the plants are overhanging the pots... soon)
    {{gwi:1293909}}

And my little boy when he found the strawberry patch...
    {{gwi:1294957}}{{gwi:1294958}}{{gwi:1294960}}{{gwi:1294963}}

To see more photos...

Tammy

• ncgardengirl
    14 years ago

Rudbeckia it wasn't:
    Cherry Brandy
    Rudbeckia Occidentalis "Black Beauty"

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!
    IT IS Rudbeckia Green Wizard!
    I received this in a trade last year I so wanted it. I had those 6 seeds and I was so afraid NONE would germinate and when I managed to get the ONE to live and NOW planted in my flowerbed I was so thrilled I have babied it along since I had it, even keeping it in the house until I knew it was big enough to survive outside LOL.

Tammy, I will get your priaze package together but I will mail it out with the other stuff if that is alright with you.

YEAH...lol FINALLY I am so glad SOMEONE got it!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

Fran,

I have that plant, you should have told me that you wanted it. I have a small baby and seeds. I think I sent some to Tracy last week.

Tracy, did I send you them??

Becky, The soil that was in the photo was just very dry and I screened with a 1/2 inch screen to get out any large rocks. The pups are almost seven months old and they are brothers. They do run through my flower beds and have created a few large messes for me. I just got an electric fence to keep them out even though they are a lot better now! As far as getting them to sit for pictures. I was home from work for 3 months when I brought them home. I did what I call puppy school everyday, they are very smart and will work for food. LOL

Shirley, If I had thirty beds, my beds wouldn't look like they do. I garden on about 13,000 square feet, some town owned but it is pretty much my street. I am the only house so they said I could do as I please.

Denise and Becky, I have seeds for the champion pink campanula. I did a bit of research and they can be tricky to germinate but I will send you some if you want them. I have a few of the purple color too!

Sassy, Thank you for the compliment on my beds! I do try.

Where's Pat, Carmine and Annie????

Daniel, welcome to the petal pushers. I don't blow things up like Tracy but I have been known to hog tie someone"Tracy> in the basement.

Kat, I hope your shoulder is feeling better.

here's a few pics of my gardens Becky

{{gwi:1298733}}

tobucket.com/albums/vv319/gardenpics09/garden012.jpg"; border="0" alt="long hot of street garden">

That's it for now.

If I missed you...helllllooooo

Have a great night
    Lisa