Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkgrower

new: vfst - seed trade.

newyorkgrower
13 years ago

Hi all...

This is my "Very First Seed Trade" for a group. The trade will consist of seeds for veggies, flowers (perennial only), shrubs or trees, which may be used for direct sow or winter sow only.

Requirements:

1.) Seeds must be perennial, must be able to be direct sown or "winter sown".

2.) They may be veggies, flowers, shrubs or trees.

3.) 10 marked packages, stating the name of the plant, SSAE must be included for return mailing.

4.) Duplications should not exceed 2 types.

5.) Package should contain min. 10 seeds to a package.

6.) Start date: Sept. 1, stop date Sept. 15th.

7.) Special request note should be included if wanted.

The plan is:

1.) All packages be sent to my address.

2.) I will sort and return seeds to the members.

3.) I will honor any special request if the seeds are there to do so with.

4.) Names of those trading will appear on this board, under this posting.

5.) Progress notes will also appear on this board, under this posting.

Thanks all.

Nancy.

New York Grower

Comments (65)

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

HI all.... UPDATE 3. CHANGES...

I am sorry for any confusion. I emailed everyone and asked the question should we do 2 packages of each type of seed, and the over all come back statement, was that more types of seeds should be included.

So, that is the reason I posted on the board to Alana, thinking all would read the message.

THE CHANGE:

1.) PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEND what you have, preference given to perennial, and seeds that may be direct sown or "winter sown".

I am doing this because some folks are in states that can not do winter sow. I should have realized some folks can not do the winter sow because of location... Sorry folks.

2) 2 packs of each category of seeds so we have a good assortment.

3.) Doubles are allowed in the 2 pk category. EX: 2 Rose of Sharon, 2 same veggie, 2 4'oclock, 2 same herb, 2 same what ever you have.

4.) If you want to send extras you can, but there is no guarantee I will have enough extra packages to compensate you for what you send. EX: you send in 10 pkgs. 4 extra. I may not be able to send back 10 pkgs. plus 4 extra.

5) And lastly if you have not already send in your seeds, mark you package to say if they are perennial or not.

Folks that have already send seeds, don't worry, what you send will be just fine.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

Any more questions?

I hope to do better on the next swap... live and learn ;)

Thanks

Nancy.
    =======================================================
    GARDEN HINTS:

Forgot where you planted those seedlings? Cut a collar out of a plastic container, colored laundry containers work really well as they stand out. Cut the top and the bottom of the container out, push what is left deeply into the ground, plant your seeds within. When they come up you will have no problem seeing the seeds, and the collar can be left in place if you want. All items are recyclable too.

Happy Gardening.

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

Hi, Nancy

I finally finished going through my seeds. My trade page will be updated later today.

When I signed up for this swap the requirements were more liberal and the emphasis was on perennial flowers. I don't have extra vegetable and herb seeds to trade and I do not grow shrubs or trees.

I can send mostly perennial flowers and maybe a couple of annual flowers.

Margaret

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I just noticed that you have me listed twice. poisondartfrog and her alter ego Alana are the same person.

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all... well this has been an experience.

I think we should just laugh a bit, and for those who have not sent in there seeds yet, just send what you want, as long as it is not invasive.

Although there may be a few folks that want invasive seeds... (:-))

I think next time I will be better at this.

Happy gardening all.

Nancy.

PS. I counted one person twice, sorry.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Nancy, I'm about ready to mail the seeds. I'm printing envelopes and getting stuff packed. Some stuff I had hoped to collect is just not ready yet. Some stuff got mowed down too. Darnnit, I had been watching some wild flowers at the side of the road. They're GONE!!!!
    The life of a seed sharecropper can get tough ;q(
    Anyway, this will be my first swap in a couple years and it is always fun to open the envelope of goodies when they come back.
    Are you joining Willie's swap? His is always super.
    BB

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi. Beth... I am happy to hear you are sending in your seeds,... tough you missed out on the wildflowers. I do that all the time. Collect seeds put them in a tissue then loose the tissue. Or put them in a wrapped news paper for safe keeping, then my friend comes along and cleans out my car throwing out all the news paper,, including the folded ones with the seeds in them... No use yelling as men just don't listen... LOL.

Well I too am collecting seeds. 4'O Clocks.. tons of brightly colored Pinks are seeding, not too many Whites, and only 3 lonely Yellows.

I spent the day setting in the above ground beds. all my plants for the winter, which will be sold next spring. A lot of work but such a beautiful day to work in,,, just love being out doors.

Today, I also planted a section behind my out door bench, with all the left over annuals, and the new Day lily's that I separated within a 4 sided brick pathway. In the center a new blue Rose of Sharon.

Next year I hope to sit back and relax a bit... right.

Ok readers, still time to sign up for this trade...

As for Willie's swap... I have to find it and most likely will join.

Happy Gardening all.

Nancy

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

NAncy, I'll send some white four o'clocks.
    Anybody have the "broken colors" type. I had those a few years ago but keeping plants in pots now I don't have room and gave them away.
    Anybody do Rose of Sharon from seed? Just wondering, but I think it should work.
    BB

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

Beth, I think I have some broken color four o'clocks and two or three different colors of hibiscus. They were part of a SASBE and the packages do not have the dates when the seeds were collected.

If you want to try them I will include them with the seeds I am sending.

Nancy, I have included a link to Willie's swap.

I am sending my seeds the first part of next week.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

bump

• booboobolhuis
    13 years ago

Haven't been feeling well, can you send me your address again through email please so I can send this bubblie out. Thanks

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Hi Nancy!

Is it too late to join in this swap? I'd love to if the option is still open!

Thanks,
    Wendy / sassyb.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

I mailed seed Monday. Hopefully they arrive today or tomorrow.
    Nancy, I hope you are getting lots of mail and having fun sorting seeds.
    BB

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi... All ... UPDATES:

PERSONAL UPDATE:

I am sorry I have not posted sooner.

I had several problems, first an accident I had moving furniture caused me to have a stress fracture in my right lower leg, a pulled left shoulder and caused my right hand to be strained. Needless to say, an old lady should not be lifting furniture to the top of a van, with a male person, when that male person is not paying attention and lets go of the furniture, when it is midway up on the van, leaving me to hold the furniture in place. I was unable to hold the weight, my body was turned with the furniture as it fell from the van's top, leading to the injuries.

That was July 28th. I later learned, from the doctors thru x-ray, that I had a stress fracture in the lower right leg. In all this time, one would think I would be better but in fact the pain has been getting worst, especially in the leg, traveling in both directions in the leg, up and down. So you know I have been using a cane, as medicaid would not pay for a brace for me.

As for the hand, my thumb now has a "lovely" color of red/brown bruise, and tonight is about the first day that I can type with no pain in the thumb.

Funny my friend said his wife had a similar injury and they did a x ray and MRI immediately, gave her pain and swelling pills and she is now quite well. She has really good insurance Red Shield = Blue Cross.

With me they waited almost 10 days to suggest an x-ray, gave no pain pills, and it was only recently that the MRI was suggested "since the pain is still there, perhaps we should do a MRI"... my insurance Medicaid.

With all that going, I had scheduled a tag / yard sale which I really could not cancell, which was supposed to last 5 days. I made it thru 3 days. The last day I fell against my friend with the pain that struck me in the "good" leg. Can you imagine!

Worst then all that. I think I got a bug from this web site. My computer went into slow motion, I could not post, pages would open in part and behind one page I could see the page of another opening or trying to close. My friendly computer expert said I had picked up "Spy" something or other. As I remember that this site posted about a month ago about a problem, I assume it came from here. Anyway I had to clean out the computer and now it seems like it might be working well.

SOOOOO...

TRADE UPDATE:

As for the seeds, I have only received two envelopes of seeds from folks. So come on guys send your envelopes.

And yes, I am happy to add anyone that wants to be added.

And the address is the same as it was, and is listed above.

I will write more, I just wanted to get this up and posted.

Nancy.

A GARDEN THOUGHT...

4 o'clocks and portulaca in my garden, are now seeding and falling to the ground. Next year they will come up again, having reseeded themselves.

It seems to me I ought to be able to just throw these seeds here and there and they should just come up right?

So I should be able to just place them in cell trays with dirt already in the cells, place the seeds atop, right now, and just about do nothing else at all.

What do you all think?

All the fuss of planting these seeds and nature just drops them on the ground in August and September, the seeds hang out for what almost 7 months on the ground and then up come the plants.... 7 months later. Imagine that...

Nancy.

NYGrower.

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Nancy, I am so sorry that happened to you!! It sounds like you soldiered through it. I was thinking I had a bad week last week but I guess I was really doing pretty darn well!

Yes, Nancy. You could plant some things now, or hold them for Wintersowing. If you are not familiar with Wintersowing there is a forum here dedicated to that.

I have not done it with Four O'Clocks, but in the next few weeks is when I typically sow annual poppies for next year's blooms. I also sow Hollyhocks directly into the soil right about now.

Take care,
    Alana

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear about your troubles & hope you feel better soon. Just wanted to let you know that my seeds will be in tomorrow's mail. You should have them soon. Have a good (accident-free!) week.

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

Hi, Nancy

Sorry to hear about your accident. I was wondering why you had not posted updates in several days. If you need to make the end of the swap a few days later than planned I dont think anyone would object.

I had planned to mail my seeds several days ago but health problems have slowed me down some. They will be in the mail by Friday, even if hubby has to help.

Margaret

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Hi Nancy, welcome back. Hope you continue on the mend.
    Some years ago I was trying to "direct seed" a flower meadow. I bought a couple pound of seed, which seemed like A LOT, raked them in lightly, walked on them some and waited....
    The next spring germination was spotty at best. I tried again one more year and still had less than satisfactory results.
    Someone gave me this rhyme
    One for the mouse
    and one for the crow
    one to rot and one to grow.
    Giving the mice voles birds and insects the whole winter to harvest my seeds before they had a chance to germinate sure cut down on the # left to bloom in my meadow.
    Transplanting even with Trudy's Hunk O seed method is time consuming but has seemed more sure.
    I believe that fall sowing of seeds also works better in winters with good snow cover.
    Guess it mostly depends on how many plants you want compared to how many seeds are available.
    Just my two cents worth here.
    BB

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

UPDATE >>>

IN THE RUNNING, WE HAVE UP FRONTand first leading by 14 bags

posiondartfrog,,, from Kentucky

Fast behind her and heading up front to the finish line....

Shanti, from Canada with 17 bags.

Let me put my glasses and see who is running down the road to be in the race.

Will it be you?

Nancy

NewYorkGrower

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks all for all the well wishes

I do feel better today. I think it is because of the sun and getting out and just doing nothing but enjoying life.

Nancy.

NewYorkGrower.

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well beth_b_kodiak said "Some years ago I was trying to "direct seed" a flower meadow. I bought a couple pound of seed, which seemed like A LOT, raked them in lightly, walked on them some and waited....
    The next spring germination was spotty at best. I tried again one more year and still had less than satisfactory results.
    Someone gave me this rhyme
    One for the mouse
    and one for the crow
    one to rot and one to grow.
    Giving the mice voles birds and insects the whole winter to harvest my seeds before they had a chance to germinate sure cut down on the # left to bloom in my meadow. "

Your story reminded me of this story. I too had the idea that if I planted a whole field, I would get flowers every where in the spring.

A local store threw out busted bags of Sunflower Seeds.I went back to the store a few times to get the seeds, went to my land and threw them round the land thinking, hey some would take. I never thought about the birds as it was already late winter.

Now I am talking about dumping 18 gallon plastic containers full of these seeds!

The first time I went back, the seeds appeared to be on the ground.

The next day I went back on the grounds were seed cases only... NO SEEDS.

The 3 rd time I went back, there were deer and turkey munching away on my seeds.

The final time I went back no dear or turkey,,,, only seed shells.

That spring nothing, not one sunflower plant came up, and I could not even find ONE sun flower seed or casing on the ground.

Those guys loved the seeds, they got at eat too. God love em.

Nancy.

NewYorkGrower.

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OOOHH,, I see Beth, from Kansas, with number 11 coming into the turn, ahead of Becky, a double number 11, from VA... both running like crazy .... no problem..... they are past the finish line!

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

UPDATE

OK The seed packages are coming in, and I find the packaging of the seeds, the stamps and the envelopes as interesting as the swap itself.

The mailing envelopes are of many shapes and sizes, lots of extra tape and left over bits of labels. LOL.. Bravo on all the recycling to you all.

The stamps are something else; so far only one was canceled with the lines going thru. The rest are still intact and good for collecting I think. The pictures on the stamps are also great. Half of you are using flowers... Wonder why! We are all flower lovers to the max.

Now, the containers the seeds are in are also interesting. The small plastic containers that have a white area band are better to write on and read then are the see thru ones, I think. For the host, putting your names on the seed containers is a real help. I am making an array on the computer so that in future swaps, I can see who sent what and who then would not get a duplicate, unless asking, in the future. Seeing your names on the packages with the name of the seed is great. I know you all have been doing this all along, but I was given seeds by folks not of this group and the name of the giver was not on it. I like the both names on the packages, thanks on that.

The envelopes I personally liked the most are from Beth in Kansas, who obtained hers from allfreeprintables.com. They are little envelopes for seeds that are printed from your computer.

I was given some of the plastic baggies which, I think most of you use, as I did. I discovered moisture can get into them, even if the seeds have been dried. The moisture in the air gets in and forms little condensation on the inside. Whereas the paper ones will allow the moisture to dry out. Probably why most seeds commercially grown are sold in paper. And the ones that are not are sold in moisture free heat sealed packets.

We should think about all this when we store our seeds especially folks who are storing in the freezer. The insides of plastic or paper will get crystals on it, which may help the seeds but I think when using plastic, if you do not take care of the seeds right after you take them out of the freezer, this will cause the seeds to rot. Any opinions or experience on this?

Ok so folks send in your seeds, and when they are all in I will send out.

Oh another question, should we continue to encourage folks to join for another 15 days?

Nancy

NewYorkGrower

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

My seeds will be mailed today.

If you want to add more days in hopes of getting more people to participate that will be OK with me.

You may want to post a reminder on some of the other forums letting more people know about your swap. Lots of hosts do this especially on the Winter Sowing forum.

Will you post a list of all the participants?

I have a list of what I am sending on an excel spreadsheet.I could e-mail it to you if it will help. If you don't have excel I could send it as a word document or even through Note Pad (Ithink).

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I've got an idea to gin up a little more interest and gift a couple of new folks. See my post in the seed trading forum a little later.
    Alana

• terroir
    13 years ago

i was sent here by poisondartfrog... im a new member and havent done any round robin type swaps. looks like ive got some reading to do. thanks!

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Nancy, I will be sending 10 packs of seeds and a bubble envelope on behalf of terroir. (All different than the ones I sent for myself.) As soon as terroir gets your mailing info she will send you her stamps and address label so that she can participate in the swap.
    One down.
    Alana

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Alana, that is a super great idea. What a nice and generous way to get some new people involved.
    Cheers!!!!!
    BB

• booboobolhuis
    13 years ago

Nancy,

I'm bad and haven't sent mine yet. I will be sending them Monday, PROMISE!!!

Jennifer :)

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

We have another participant that will be posting soon. As soon as that happens, I will mail in the seeds for my two newbies.
    Alana

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

Nancy,
    I am in. I am being sponsered by Alana (poisondartfrog)Please send me your mailing info!
    Thank you,
    Randi

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi all... My internet connection is totally messed up and I was not able to get to the web site to post. I was just about to ask Molly-and-Me to post for me by heading to the college computer room and emailing her from there.

I hope my connection lasts this time long enough to post.

Ok here is where we are at.

I have packages from 5 people with a 2nd package from Molly and Me for 2 newbie's to get started. I am waiting for the newbie's letters with the postage and envelopes.
    As soon as they arrive I am ready to send out the seeds.

I have packages from:

Molly and me,
    Beth-b-Kodyak
    ramazz
    shanta_5
    poisondartfrog

I think one person of the original group really did not commit to the exchange, so that's ok.

Anyone else, well perhaps you just did not have the time to get it together for this. Maybe next time.

Sorry for the problems I have had, but it turns out after a day with my ISP provider, Peoplepc, who did everything but come to my house to find out the problem with my connection, and Toshiba who also were great at helping... the problem lies with Verizon, my phone company. They added more people to my line, dropping my ground, which resulted in almost a week of no connections or only enough connection time to send a couple of emails out.

So moving forward, anyone who wants to send in packages, if I get them by this coming Wednesday, I can include you, else I will be sending out on that following Monday.

Thanks all

It has been a very, very good experience, and you are all lovely folks to deal with. It has been a pleasure.

Nancy

NewYorkGrower.

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Mine didn't get there yet?!

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi. All

This is a part list of what is in the swap I am having problems with spelling.

Can you all help? Tell me which is misspelled.

Ageratum
    Agastschi Golden Jubilee
    Agusligia Granny's Bonnet
    Arclejuian incarnate Cinderella
    Armergia
    Alcea rose Summer carnival Hollyhocks
    Aquilegia Mixed columbine
    Annual Blue Purple
    Baptisia Aistralis
    Blue Flax linum perenne lewisii
    Celeome hasslerana Mixed Celeome
    Centaurea dealbata
    Callirhoe involucrta
    Dames Rocket
    Echinops Ritro Blue Globe Thistle
    Echinacea Pink
    Erygium Sea Holly
    Echinacea purpurea Gaillardia aristata Fanfare
    Heuchera Mix
    Hesperis matronalis Dame's Rocket
    Hyssopus
    Kniphofia
    Leucanthemum x supebum
    Liatris spicata
    Lychnis flos-cuculi
    Papaver paeoniflorum
    Persicaria orientalis
    Rudeckia hirta
    Salnialyrara Purple Volcano
    Salvia Verticillata
    Teucrium Purple Tails
    Tithonia rotundiflora
    Verbascum chaixii
    Verbascum

Some items are not listed, just having problems with a few items.

Thanks

Nancy.

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have these down.

Ageratum

Agastache Golden Jubilee

Agusligia Granny's Bonnet

Armeria

Baptisia Australis

Help with the rest is welcomed.

Thanks...

Nancy.

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

I am so embarrassed. Some of these are mine and I could have sworn that I double
    checked them before I typed the labels. I can e-mail a list to go with my packets
    if you will put a copy in each packet that has some of my seed in it. Just let me know.

Agastschi Golden Jubilee Agastache Golden Jubilee
    Agusligia Granny's Bonnet Aquilegia Granny's Bonnet
    I think this is Aquilegia not Agusligia
    Arclejuian incarnate Cinderella ? Asclepias incarnata 'Cinderella' this may be it
    Armergia there is an Armergia and an Armeria
    Alcea rose Summer carnival Hollyhocks Alcea rosea Summer Carnival Hollyhocks
    Aquilegia Mixed columbine correct
    Annual Blue Purple ?
    Blue Flax linum perenne lewisii correct
    Celeome hasslerana Mixed Celeome Cleome hassleriana Mixed Cleome
    Centaurea dealbata correct
    Callirhoe involucrta Callirhoe involucrata
    Dames Rocket Dame's Rocket
    Echinops Ritro Blue Globe Thistle correct
    Echinacea Pink correct
    Erygium Sea Holly Eryngium Sea Holly
    Echinacea purpurea correct
    Gaillardia aristata Fanfare correct
    Heuchera Mix correct
    Hesperis matronalis Dame's Rocket correct
    Hyssopus correct
    Kniphofia correct
    Leucanthemum x supebum Leucanthemum x superbum
    Liatris spicata correct
    Lychnis flos-cuculi correct
    Papaver paeoniflorum correct
    Rudeckia hirta Rudbeckia hirta
    Salnialyrara Purple Volcano Salvia lyrata "Purple Volcano"
    Salvia Verticillata correct
    Teucrium Purple Tails correct
    Tithonia rotundiflora Tithonia rotundifolia
    Verbascum chaixii correct
    Verbascum correct

Hope this helps.

Margaret

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Seems my package is out in nowhere-land. Please don't hold up the swap just for them. If they come after you've sorted & mailed, feel free to keep them & enjoy.

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

Just wondering if you ever recieved my envelope...

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I've had an email from Nancy indicating that she is not able to post on GW.
    She is planning to wait until Tuesday to mail back the envelopes because she wants to give extra time for one that has apparently gone astray to make it to her. If it does not arrive by that time, she will mail anyway.
    Thanks, Alana

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

I mailed my bubble envelope out on the 15th and got and I checked my email this morning and she said she still has not received my envy. I hope it gets there soon. I'm really looking forward to this, I want to get a nice garden going this spring at my new house! PLMK when my envy and postage arrive!

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi.All....... I am finally back on line.

You can not believe the problems I had.

I could not get on this site, even now I started at 3:35 to get a posting, and got kicked off the site twice already, it is 4:18 and I hope this is my last try, If it does not take this time, I will have to email you all in the Am. while asking molly-and-me to post for me..

I thought my problem was with the internet service and then my
    computer. Spent days trying to fix what turned out to be Versions fault. Well a week later I seem to be back on line and can send emails, but getting on this site is just awful for me.

Enough of that, I have just finished up the list and will send out everything tomorrow.

I would have been able to get this done sooner but as of Friday I still was
    missing some of the packages. I went away for the weekend and came home to
    find everything in the mail box today, so you know I only had this evening and this AM to finish up, as I made up my mind this was going out one way or another
    by Tuesday.

The items were in my mail box, outside my house rubber banded together and at least one had been mailed I think it said the 16th on the postage mark. Lord knows were all this has been.

I now have Jims, note, and Randi. We have a total of 6 traders and two newbie's being sponsored.

I did my best at sorting out the seed packages, and hope every one is happy with them. I did not do as much sorting as I would have liked due to the lateness. I was trying to spell out the names of the seeds, look them up and check for zones before I gave up. I finally had to stop. I am sorry some seed packages I simply could not read and just grouped items together.

Well I am off to bed. Email with any questions.

Night

Nancy.

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi. All....
    My thanks to, Shanta, Margaret, Becky, Beth, Alana, Randi and J for doing the swap with me.
    While September was not my month so to speak, all in all the exchange was a great learning experience for me, and I would not hesitate to do it again.
    I hope each one of you enjoy the seeds.
    I know I will, and was most happy to receive the extra ones intended for me. Appreciate it.
    Happy Growing.
    Nancy.
    New York Grower

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi...

I wanted to let you all know right away, expecially Janine, who sent it, that in the mail box today was her package!

I have a doctors appointment again today for my knee and leg, but tonight I will put together seeds for Janine and mail them tomorrow.

I would like to say I can't believe this happened, but I know it did. Well all ended ok anyway.

Thanks

Nancy.

PS... read something in an email about an upset on the board? do personal emails show up on the boards? I didn't think they did, am I incorrect? Please answer via personal email. Thanks.

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to Nancy for hosting and to all of the participants.
    Alana

• molly_and_me
    13 years ago

I also received my seeds. Thanks to everyone.

• lily55rjw
    13 years ago

I received my seeds today! Thank you Alana for sponsoring me!!!

• ramazz
    13 years ago

I received my seeds on Saturday, too. Thanks, Nancy for hosting the swap and thanks to everyone who participated!

Becky

• terroir
    13 years ago

seeds made it safe and sound! thank you very much poisondartfrog and newyorkgrower

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Seeds arrived and thanks are going out to all the traders and to Nancy.
    Several things in there look very interesting.
    Thanks again.
    Bethb

• newyorkgrower
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi. all. a final word. I sent jaynine her seed package and hope she recieved it. I sent some of my seeds and a few of some you all sent in for me, which I shared with her.

I just wanted to say I can not wait to winter sow some of these seeds, which I have been researching. A friend also gave me a hugh bunch of seed packages which I never grew before and am bitting at the bit to get started.

So far I have 900 cell packs filled with dirt and ready in bags for spring. I hope to see 1500 plants smiling back at me by April.

Well good luck to you all and it has been a pleasure.

Nancy.

New York Grower.

• jaynine
    13 years ago

Yes, it arrived: forgive my tardiness in letting you know.