UPDATE: Sounds of summer Make new friends #5

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 07 at 23:52

Don't mind if I do, Tracy!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Sounds of summer Make new friends #5

Alright, we did it again. I posted too. Ahhhh!

o
I have your favorite blend

o

Let's play TAG!!!
LOL

o
We have got to communicate better

o
I'll take 2, PLEASE!

o
Your it!

LMAO! Busting a gut. You crack me up. Heck, I crack me up! LOL!

o
Here we go

This is more like it.....

But I'll need 2.

o
Ummm....Tracy?

I think you're just plain cracked, Tracy....

o
Go ahead

Have another cuppa Joe

o
Nuh Uh

I think we all can see who's cracked here!

o
Not me!

Nope...I"m sweet and innocent....

o

I think you're both crazy!

sneekin' out, lol....hugs:)

o
More like...

This is the bunny we all know and love. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Not really!

o
Busted!

Uh oh, Sassy Pants is gonna spank us!

Run

o
What?

Oh, come on...My mouth ain't THAT big!!!

o
Sassers

o
G'night

I have got to hit the hay! Tired doesn't begin to cover it.

good night nutty bunny and sassy and everyone else who peaks in tonight. See ya tomorrow!

o
Ok, I really have to go to bed:(

I do have a whip! Gonna go find it!

o
Night night!

o

SHEESH YA'LL ARE ALL SKEERING THE BEEEHEEEJEEEBEEEIESSSS OUTTA ME!!!!!

I nap for a few wake up to check on ya'll and sheesh ya'll have been in the EASTER BASKETS WAYYYYY BEFORE EASTER!!!

HIDEEEE THE HALLOWEEN CANDY THATS FORSURE!!!

o
goodnight and ya';ll have fun

MyCuteGraphics.com - Cute Glitter Graphics

I wish ya'll sweet dreams and a wonderful nighters.

o
Sweet Dreams

o

I'm also neutral, I ordered bulbs, but those will hold till the next swap just fine.

o

Good Morning All;
There is nothing wrong with just sending windchimes which would mean that it would not have to go priority so the cost would be minimal. Remember the real reason for this forum is to get to know many people so the trading is just window dressing.
I will do whatever the consensus is but it sounds like you will get more participation if you keep it simple. diene

o

Lord! NO more what ever it was you that guys had last night(unless you're gonna share LOL!)
I'm in either way be it just chimes or chimes & plants. Just ready for the fun part!

We still need a few more over at the Garden decorating RR.
Unless they get 10 no swap will happpen.NO membership needed.Thanks Diene for signing up!Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

What......?????? Why do they think we're nutso, Tracy?
Oh, wait...probably because we ARE? :O)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great wednesday...Yay! Friday's only 2 days away!! Woo-hoo!! And it's payday!! Double Woo-Hoo!! (until I have to put gas in the old suburban... *sniff sniff* ... ) That's my least favorite part of payday...watching $100 go out the window lickety-split.... Good thing it's only every 2 weeks we put gas in the thing.
It's very funny at the gas station, though...I go in to pre-pay, hand the guy a $100 "this is for pump #3, the beige suburban, I'm gonna put $100 in it"...Never fails, the guy always says "Are you SURE? Cuz we can't give refunds if it don't take it all." To which I snicker..and say..."Dude. I have a SUBURBAN. With a 45 gallon tank. Gas is $3 a gallon. The tank is on E- . Do the math." Then I start to walk out..but usually I turn around and say .. "oh, no..you're right...$100 won't do it..here's another $20. That will get me closer.."

Geeze. Men. They think that women can't do simple math. PPtttttfffffffbbbb!!!!! :O)

Still, I"m afraid to wreck the 'burban. I mean...there's a FORTUNE in gas in that thing!!!! When it broke down this summer, I actually syphoned the gas out, to use in my truck!! LOL :O) Gotta do what ya gotta do!!!

o

Laurie, I re-sent you my addy to your yahoo email address, let me know if you don't receive it.
I'm also either way on the swap, chimes or chimes & flowers. The weather here has been pretty good and my plants are still looking good, but I know others are battling high temps/no rain or too much rain, so I'm perfectly fine with just chimes also. It's been fun getting to know each other!! I know I'm a bit quiet, but I've enjoyed keeping up with y'all.

Well we got too busy this week-end for my new garden bed, so I'm shootin for Friday. DH has this head cold that seems to be going around. I hope I don't get it! So that is slowing him down also.
Well I have laundry thats calling for me, I'll check in later,
Karen

o

Man, and I thought I had it bad with my 22 gallon tank on the astro van. Sheesh! We had looked at the suburbans when we were shopping a couple of years ago and couldn't find a nice enough used one for sale so went with the second choice of the Astro. Glad we did! We lucked out and found a 7 seater. We bought it in March 2003, it's a 2002 model. It still had the new car smell. I beat up the salesman pretty good too. Hee hee, got him to knock it down 7 grand. Love negotiating.

Gas finally went down to 2.68/gallon. Never thought I would see the day when I thought that was a good price for gas. Bad news is milk is 3.29/gallon.

It sounds like the general consensus is chimes only/don't care either way. So unless Laurie objects then chimes only it is.

Laurie, I am re-sending my addy to you today. Didn't get around to it last night. I was too busy playing with the bunny!

Don't we play nice...

o
Addy update

Laurie, I sent the addy to you again. Tell me if you don't get it. Thanks, Tracy

o
Dr. Phil wants to Know...

Bunny,

o

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

I hope ya'll have a great day!!!! I am feeling lots better today.

Chimes only is fine with me.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Pixters

Good news that you are feeling better today! Yippee! Don't over do it miss thing! Make those men wait on you hand and foot!

o

Me???

o
chocolate!!!

o

o

o
yummy

lol sorry I started the chocolate binge here lol ... Heres one I would like!!!

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

o
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake

Yummm,

o

I'm full, how about ya'll?

Hope everyones had a good one:))
Sassy

o
Poison Dart Bunny

o

LOL!! Good one Tracy!!!SmileyCentral.com

o
lol

LOLOLOLOL!

o

And ya'll think I'M nuts???

o

Yes we do Nutbunny!

o

Thank you, thank you. I couldn't have done it without the help of all of my Nutty Friends!

We all know who I'm talking about here!

o
Directions, Please!

Dirt, I really need directions to that pms diner! I could go there 28 days a month!

o

o
Here's my sign!

o
lol again

Here ya go!

o

Can I get an AMEN??

o
gw! gerrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Ok I helped with the 1st one on the list, and its been fun but baby is coming early, nite girls! Have fun!

Sassy

o
For Ms. Sassy

o

Orkut Comments & Glitters , Myspace Comments
Loving the all posts,but I'm off to bed too.6:00 a.m comes way too soon.Hopefully swap list will be up by morning.Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o
Rules!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

o
You GUYS!

o

One of these days I'll have to learn how to add all those cool graphics!

All the PMS stuff - too funny! Suffering though that a bit as we speak (or should I say my dh is suffering through it?)

Dave came down with a cold last night, and I think I am too. My nose is a bit runny, but what is the worst is that my ears feel like they are going to explode! My head feels like it is so full!! I keep yawning, trying to make my ears pop, but it ain't happenin'! I'll have to see what kind of head clearin' drugs I can find in the medicine cupboard. Ugh!

Yesterday Dave had to make a delivery to Wisconsin late in the day, and wasn't home until 3:00 this morning. Stupid me got interested in a book I was reading, and with no interruptions, finished it! Bad thing was, I didn't do so until about 1:30 am! WAYYY too late for me!!! Now, here I am at 11:18, and I'm up too late again. But, Dave is working late, and the kids are asleep, so I get so much more done! Tonight I canned 6 half-pints of strawberry-kiwi preserves (which my husband has fallen in love with - too bad I don't grow strawberries or kiwis! If I grew strawberries it would make the stuff MUCH cheaper to make!!) I also got 10 cups of cucumber and 3 cups of onion shredded for a different relish I am going to try. Yep, I saw the little link up on top of the RR page that said "Canning & Preserving", and just had to click on it, and I've been lurking there now! I love all the recipes I'm finding there, and I can actually ask a question about canning, and have an answer VERY quickly! That is so nice! I love gardenweb!!!!

Nighty, night everyone!

Becki - who better get to bed so she doesn't sleep through her alarm again tomorrow morning!

o

AMEN! On the subject of PMS (though the various bunny graphics and coffee/caffeine ones were cracking me up), men really don't know how well they have it - UNLESS they are like my husband and 2 sons. You see, smack in between my bouncing baby boys (currently 17 and 14 yrs old), I had fraternal twins but both girls (currently 15, they turn 16 in 20 days now)... and of course, "like mother, like daughter" - so for about a week and a half to two weeks out of each calendar month, the three males in the household get back to back PMS across the board over here... and even while my mother (who lives just across the way) is post-menopausal, she still pretty much sticks to the same cycle as well - no menses, but the PMS-type effects still remain - some months worse than others... so, misery can only be judged by the sheer number of females in a relatively small amount of space all pretty much in cycle with one another... not our misery, but the males' :)

Okay, so what's the deal on this swap - just chimes or chimes and root-based flowers? I've been offline against my will (ISP screwing up and lightning taking out power again and again - too bad no serious amount of rain to show for the storms we've had/are having)... if someone could just update me or let me know what all I'm sending? Or maybe just "make my day" and give me HazelnutBunny to send to - and I could "kill two birds with one stone"??? (sending to her for another/different swap)...

Hermit

o

Hi Hermit,

It seems to be leaning towards the Just Chimes swap. I think everyone has gone to sleep where I should be but oh well. Laurie is going to post partners sometime this week from the way I am understanding things. And thats about all I know lol.

I am hosting the OBF sept "fall cleaning swap" and have just one other swap that I am engaged in (actually had forgotten about it til this week). So a chimes only swap will be welcome here. Guess we will have to wait and see how things turn out. I know Laurie has had server/isp problems and can't get online at work anymore so its very hard for her to connect.

Anyways, I hope I round about answered ya lol
Smiles,
Pixie

o

This looks like a fun group with lots of my fav pastime. bunny hunting, how do I get in ? hugs carol. I need new friends

o

Carol! How are you? Join us please. We still haven't assigned partners so come on in, we need help catching that wascally wabbit! LOL! We are doing a windchimes only swap. Originally it was chimes, plants and bulbs but now are down to chimes only due to lots of bad weather and stressed out plants. Parcel Post shipping and First Class is probably the way we are sending because we don't have the perishable aspect any more.

Carol, would you like a piece of bunny cake? LOL!

o
PMS Warning

Hermit, I think you should post a quarantine sign at either end of your street for 3 weeks straight! LOL! You men folk are the first ones I have ever felt sorry for! Cracking up! What on earth did they do to deserve that? Hee hee!

o

Yeek! And MY hubby thinks he has it bad!!Lol...he WILL in about 10 years!! Lesseee...Aubeni will be nearly 14 then, and Adora will be 11...Yep..I give him 10 years! :O) Most of the boys will be out of the house by then, lucky boogers!! :O)

Okay, now! I think I"m being stalked!! Every swap I'm in..there's bunny huntin' going on!! A bunny's just not safe anymore...
LOL
SIGH...may as well come on in, Veeja!! We could always use another nut. :O)

Careful, though....we tend to rub off on people. I promise..Pixie used to be halfway normal!! LOL
But now..she's even better!! :O)

o

Welcome Carol!

I think I am the "sane" pecan in this group!! You can be sane with me lol ;)

Sheesh, on the opposite hand of pms, WHAT DO MEN CALL THEIR CYCLE??? I am the one that has it bad here! 2 guys and lil ol me and they DO go through monthly cycles too, and of course its never at the same time! lmao.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

My hubby admits to his monthly cycle! I disagreed with him (men do NOT!) and he says.."WANNA BET??" LOL I was just trying to see if he REALLY thought so. Yes, yes..I guess he does...!

Not to keep on the PMS thing, but I have to tell ya'll this..
Last weekend, I was cleaning out Adora & Aubeni's room. All the kids like to play in there, even the boys! So it was REALLY messy. It was about 10pm, and I was FUMING at this point. I took out 3 bags of broken toys, trash and other things...PLUs 2 baskets of clothes that had been under the bed, in the floor, on the shelves..you name it! So I was walking back and forth from one end of the house to the other, guys are all in the living room, everytime I pass through there..I say something ugly.."WHY won't ANYONE in this house PICK UP AFTER THEMSELVES??!" ..."WHY do I have to live with such PIGS??!" " I am SOO tired of this CRAP!!" etc..etc...! And my hubby, geniously stayed quiet..but Bowen, the 8 year old..well, he's a bit like his mom...and HAS to pick back! So he kept smarting stuff off like.."YOU had 5 kids.." "What are ya gonna do, kick us out?" "Why don't ya just toss US in the trash bags??"
Funny thing is, he's so QUIET about it!! He never raises his voice!! LOL
So I would, of course, snap something back, getting uglier each time...
Until finally, I guess, hubby had ENOUGH of it..and he shouts at Bowen...
"OH for the LOVE of GOD! PLEASE SHUT UP!!! Can't you see nothing you say is helping here?? YOU ARE MAKING HER WORSE!!! "
To which William (the 11 year old) answers and says.." Yeah, Bowen..in a few more years, you'll understand girls..they get REALLY grumpy for a few days every month..and then, you just say "yes maam" and get the HECK out of their way!"

LOL I couldn't stay grumpy after that...it was just too funny! Bowen was doing it all in fun, he thought it was hillarious. The older guys KNEW what was gonna happen if he kept on. :O)

But, I gotta ask you girls...Am I the only one that gets PMS in the MIDDLE of my cycle?? I dont' get it at the end, like other women I know...THAT part always surprises me! It's just always .."Oops, need to get some kotex". LOL But during the middle?? Geeze...I'm like a ticked off water buffalo with a grudge. Gggrrrr!!! :O)

o

Pixie, You think you're the sane one? Hmmm, let's see, who posted the bouncing pecs/abs? Oh yeah, that was YOU! LOL! And I think they call it PPS.

o

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

J/K I did it lol, but I gave ya'll good dreams!!! lol

o

Not me, Pix! You got me in trouble, remember? With the hubby?? LOL He's on a pumped up work out routine, now! He used to be 195lbs of solid muscle (he's only 5'8"), but he's gotten down to around 170 or so. He still looks great, but he's had an attack of the "I don't look good enough to be on the bouncing pec ads, and my wife is drooling over Vin Diesel, so that makes me less of a man, and I better get back into shape" feelings.

Yep...I'm in trouble, alright!!! Bad Wife!!! lol :O)

o

Ouch, Melissa! Yeah, my husband used to be about 195 lbs. of pure muscle as well, and now he is 238 lbs. of lots of muscle, but a beer belly too. But he is doing good, because a few months ago he was 255. Working hard is helping him lose it. I know if I was working like he is, I'd probably lose weight too!

o

lmao ok ok ok NO more pictures of men's anatomy! lmao. Sorry bout that girls! (really I am)

I have been outside pretty much all day today working in flower beds lol do ya'll know that I have been pulling "weeds" like crazy only to learn that the things I was pulling is PHLOX??? Sheesh I tell ya, I am still learning about everything I thought I knew!
On top of that I have had to chase Mud around cause she kept taking my slippers outside, guess she thought it was a game cause everytime I would catch her, scold her and bring the slipper back in I'd turn back and she'd have one again!!! She has emptied her toy box and taken all her toys outside so thats a daily chore of picking those up but I sure wish she'd leave my slippers alone, now when I go to look for them I am going to have to remember I put them on the tv in our bedroom! (I wonder if I crocheted her a set of slippers she would leave mine alone???)

Smiles
Pixie

o

i have never been in this forum except to peek now and then. Geesh maybe i wil quit the seed forum and just read your postings to jumpstart every morning. Too funny.
can i even post in this arena??

Glitter Text at SeekCOdes.com

o
Welcome Nicole

Hi Nicolen. of course you can post in this arena, just duck from all the falling nuts and pecans!!!

Welcome, we always like meeting new people. We have alot of fun in here. It really puts a smile and makes a bad day turn out really good.

Hope to see you again!
Smiles,
Pixie

o

Hi everybody,Hi Nicole, I've never posted before here either,but if I need a pick-me-up I just look for these gals.Does the job every time. letha1971

o

Evidently, a hit off of us is just as good, too!! :O)

Hi to Letha & Nicole!! Hope ya got your waders on...they're full of it in here!!! :O)

o

Welcome Nicole & Letha!
Hey Letha, I'm still trying to wear down a few ladies to sign up for the garden decorating rr for Sept. Maybe you will have better luck. We still need 2 more people.(hint hint)LOL!
Later.....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

SHHHH don't let the cute bunny fool ya, she has her own waders!!!

o

o

Come on ladies.The fall colors swap will be my first and I got some good ideas(at least I think).So pleeeeease we just need two more.:) Oh, and I'm familiar with the bunny she has kept me well entertained, I can tell ya.But I have to give her credit.When I joined the "newbie" swap she was sooo nice...made me feel welcome.Hey Pixie, I gave my chi(Maisey) some house shoes of her own and for the most part she'll leave mine alone now.Oh,and she has her own toy box too which she likes to empty and scatter everything..it's like another kid.Speaking of kids it's time to check homework.Ya know when I finished school I thought no more homework..little did I know that with each kid I'd have it all to do again.Well nite-nite gals,see ya soon...Letha

o

Hey girlies! How is everyone doing tonight? Hi Lethal and Nicole! Come on in, post all you want, hip waders and coffee is definitely the right combo, and the occasional chocolate fix! LOL! Glad we can make ya laugh!

Well girls, tonight was the double header open houses at the grade school and the high school. I hit the HS and Hubby hit the 1st graders class. Man is he lucky! He was out of there in 30 minutes. Mine was 2 hours. We have to follow the kids schedules and have class changes to meet all the teachers. Walk from one end of the school to the other. I went to his geology lab and they had the chrystal experiments out, took a peak, pretty cool stuff, evidently I rubbed my eyes after that and ended up having to leave because my eyes were burning so bad.

Don't know what I touched except the table tops but wow! did my eyes hurt. Missed the last two presentations and drove home with alternate eyes open. What a drive that was! LOL! Made it home just fine and ran into the bathroom to start flushing out the old eyeballs. Sheesh! So heads up to all of you parents, do not touch anything in the science classes, you'll fry your eyeballs!

o
woopsies

Woops, I said hi to lethal (giggle) I meant Letha! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Sorry girlie!

o

Oh, Tracy! You poor thing! Ouchie!! Do you have any visine? Or actually, my husband things Murine is better. With welding, it isn't uncommon to get eye irritations (like if you are grinding without a helmet.) I sure hope it feels better soon!!

Okay, I absolutely love all the seed/plant catalogs that are coming now. But, they really make me want to spend money I don't have!! OMG - right now I have Michigan Bulb - $20 off $40, Brecks - $25 off $50 and Vesey's - $20 off $40. Add in your shipping, and I'm ready to spend about $100 already! And I'm sure there are more coming! Oh, if only I could take advantage of them all! Maybe if I'm really nice to the hubby... Well, maybe if I just do one at a time, I'll get to do a couple at least - I hope! Such awesome stuff!!! Anyone else have the Vesey's? I absolutely love the Blueberry Cream Mix Pansy on page 3!! Those are so pretty! And all the pretty tulips and daffodils in the bulb catalogs? OMG! Oh, and in the Michigan Bulb, there is a flowering almond shrub that is calling my name! Okay, enough drooling! If only I have hundreds of dollars to spend on this hobby! : )

Got me a new keyboard today! I tried the things you guys said, and it just wasn't working out. So, I am really happy with this new thing. And the keys are really quiet comared to my old one! And it was only $10! Why of why did I screw with the old one so long for $10?? Oh, well, you can't say I didn't try to save that money!

Welcome Letha and Nicole! These ladies are fantastic! You will grow to love them! I know I have!

Becki

o
Miss Pixie, you are in big trouble!

Pixie, didn't I tell you that if you were out working instead of resting that I was gonna spank YOU? You don't listen very well! Well here goes...

Now, that was for your own good. Maybe next time you'll listen! Hee hee!

o
Spanking!

OMG - Poor Pixie!!!

o
Becksters!

Hi Beck, My eyes feel much better now. I washed them out really well when I got home. They stopped burning, the tearing finally subsided and now just feel dried out. That was just a weird thing to have happen. I wish I had murine or visine in the house. That would certainly help. High school science labs should come with biohazard warnings! LOL!

o

Hmmm what did they (men-folk) do to deserve it? Well, they're men, aren't they? HNB - PMS for me consists of, in the week prior to actual menses I might have a breakthrough headache (migraine - except for the now and again breakthrough headache, I have for the most part had them under control for almost two years now, but I've always known - even when they were more frequent - that some of them were directly related to hormone fluctuations or otherwise related to my period coming due), IBS tends to flare up, but the worst of it, IMHO, is that about 48 hours before actual 'show', my mind tends to wander towards not-so-happy things of the past or present, and if I don't make time to just sit down and absolutely turn into a mushy blob of tears to get it out of my system, then the good ol' hormones will inevitably flip the b***h switch. I'm not a personality-type to get teary or what have you, so it took me a loooong time to come to terms with crying/squalling for an hour or two as a legitimate release. The irony is, I NEVER had any form of "PMS" until some time after my last child was born - no emotional upheavals, no pi$$y attitude, no bloating, etc. None of it. In fact, PMS-symptoms didn't actually surface for me until I became perimenopausal - that teetering edge of being in my "prime" yet with hormone fluctuations indicating that menopause would be around the figurative corner. The twins however... OMG... they do get very emotional/hypersensitive and b****y! I have found though that simply recognizing it for what it is, makes it much easier.

Now in respect to living with PIGS... I go off about that regardless of where I'm at in cycle. Hubby, he has this innate mastery over tuning stuff out - something I wish I could do, but "can't" - we're at opposite ends of the spectrum where that is concerned. I could tell when my eldest was truly "growing up" the first time I heard him pop off (and he didn't get this from anything his father said) something about "on the rag" - I verbally disemboweled him for that one before taking the time to explain to him that not everything with a woman that men might construe as negative could be written off as "on the rag"... Especially with women like me where once the actual menses is going on, everything is fine and dandy.

Now, as for men and their cycles - indeed! For my husband, when life is "normal", I still notate a very distinct not-so-unlike-PMS cycle that he goes through a couple times a year. Unlike a woman's monthly cycle though, his few per year tend to last a lot longer... And during those times, I remove the extra pillows from the bed, lest I seriously consider smothering him in his sleep. ;) When he's in his cycle, there is no consoling him or redirecting his focus or energies - he's just a downright a-hole and I tend to avoid interactions with him during those times until they pass...

Okay, on a totally different topic -- anyone else, married with kids or single or whatever - ever find yourself needing to eat something for dinner, but really not feeling like cooking and no leftovers or any microwave meals or whatever handy or even sound good? I think I've pinned down one of my "new" meal-for-one dinners. Nuke 1 "cup" of Success Rice Yellow Rice (they come in two-packs, just nuke'm for 60 seconds) and mix in with one small can of Sweet Sue canned Chicken Breast (that has been drained) - voila, dinner. At least it was my dinner tonight. Prior to craving chicken, I was finding myself happily enjoying the same type of nuked yellow rice and adding a good bit of World Harbors (brand name) "Jamaican Jerk Sauce" (which 'fresh' has a nice flavour, followed by a warm after-bite due to the Scotch Bonnet peppers in the sauce. I LOVE this sauce but will warn everyone, that if it is used in baking or broiling or pan-frying something, OR, after it has been with a dish as a leftover, it becomes sweeter and less hot, due to the dark molasses content in it).

Another tip/product to share... as good as fruit juices are for us, I personally sometimes have a problem with the acidity (gets to be too much for my stomach)... with kids, I'm always trying new juices and juice-blends. Some months ago I tried all the flavours available in the Tropicana Fruit Squeeze line - and while I don't generally go in for flavoured waters - I have firmly settled on that brand and line's "Tropical Tangerine"... good stuff (especially with the heat) - doesn't taste funky like other fruit-waters I've tried and, as they boast "just 20 calories" (35 for the whole bottle)... and the bottles are just the right size to rinse with hot water, refill and chill for straight water in the fridge.

Well, it seems hubby's idea of farming out the kids until Sunday "for us" resulted in, you guessed it - me doing the chores the kids blew off and him returning after dropping them off at their paternal grandmothers, and flaking out/going to sleep. I somehow imagined "together time" consisting of something a bit different *smirk* Well, at least the dogs, cats, aquatic critters, and pythons want to spend time with me. :)

Hermit - who just should have chosen a life-path with only animals...

o

Tinkerbell Myspace Graphics

NOW..... Who is going to dust all that up???? Can't believe ya spanked the Pix and knocked off all ma pixie dust!!!!

I really do feel alot better, my right cheek hurts from the sinus infections (antibiotics are for ma lungs and seems not to be working on my face lol!) But I feel sooo much better. Just gotta save all ma Pixie dust lol

o

Poor Pixie!!

o
Spanking pixies)

WHICH cheek was that, Pix??! :O)

o
The truth comes out

Dearest Tracy:

Ahem.

Sincerely,
Bunny
:O)

o

o
As for you my pretty...

Nutty Bunny, You're next!

o

Eeeek!!!!!

o
The SYNDROME

Bunny, I am quite a bit like you in the psychotic outbursts. I am usually surprised when Aunt Flo comes a callin'. Then a few days into her visit I turn UGLY! All of the sudden I notice every little or BIG thing that is not done and go berserk. I have been wondering if I have that severe form of PMS that I've been hearing about lately. Supposed to have major mood swings. Mine don't go toward the weepy zone, just from fine to schizo-mad! The cramps usually show up after the mood which is really strange that they come after the beginning. All this started after I hit 28 or 29. Lucky me. LOL!

Now as for that little wisenheimer that you have, someone needs to educate that boy on the warning signs before he gets himself murdered! LOL! Wow, that boy just didn't know he was poking a tiger now did he?

o

Pixies hate to dust thats for sure!

o

Thanks Tracy for signing up!!!!!
SmileyCentral.com
Now we just need 1 more victim...uh I mean person LOL!Hope everyone has a great day.Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Hee hee, dirt I said maaaaybe... Just kidding, I'll do it. LOL! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Miss Pixie,

I am checking up on you this morning! How is the patient feeling today? Is fox out of town now? I remember you saying he was going to Brazil(?) for a month. I hope you are taking it easy. I don't want to have to break out the paddle.

o

Patient is feeling good this morning. No fox hasn't left yet, he has to wait on the papers so he really doesn't know when he is going.

Smiles,
Trina

o
My new mantra

o

Traci,It's okay(lethal).It reminds me when I was in high school and the movie Lethal Weapon came out.I couldn't change a class without being razzed.I love the Puss-in-Boots,he's soooo cute.Hey Pixie, glad your feeling better.I got to figure out how you guys get all those cute pics on your posts.See ya, Letha-lethal

o

Hey Tracyvine... not so unusual (28-29) things taking a turn. What the medical/scientific community is slooooow to catch onto that so many generations of women have known for a loooooong time is that the whole transition into menopause starts much, much earlier in life than previously thought/believed. Testosterone is usually what gets us aggressive (like men)... and there is a specific chemical/hormone in our body that enhances/encourages cramping/uterine contractions to "flush things out" and there are practical ways to enhance that chemical/hormone to be released as well. Though cramps can be a real pain (literally), count your blessings. Cramps means your body is working to get the old stuff out and clean house, so to speak. If the old stuff doesn't get flushed out, then it can actually set up, compound, and even lead to infection. My mother (who hadn't had a period in like 15 years) had us all a bit spooked here recently with some bleeding. No cancer - thank goodness - everything has checked out, but what has happened is that in the fifteen years that she has figured herself to be post-menopausal, blood was building up to the tune of an inch thick wall within the uterus... so while she doesn't have to contend with our worst fears, she does have to have a D&C to have things "cleaned out" lest it does set up with infection. The sloughing off that her body is doing I gather is too slow for the doctors' approval so they are going that route. Maybe too slow for her too, since she was having light but consistent bleeding/spotting for weeks on end.

Tea almost always makes me feel better... real tea I mean, rather than various herbal blends made into infusions. Tea contains a natural form of estrogen. :) There's a lot of things grown in the common garden and/or kept as a staple in the kitchen that can help though depending upon one's "symptoms". I am a firm believer though that mood swings can be greatly controlled simply by recognizing them before or as they come on, and knowing what they are. Chocolate - which is almost cliche - actually does contain a natural chemical in it that combats "PMS" symptoms. Sometimes, with cycles, we can be a bit dehydrated and not even notice it - so boosting things in the way of hydration can also be helpful. With my migraines-related-to-cycles, I usually knew well ahead of even visual disturbances that one was around the corner because I would crave two things: (dark, bittersweet) chocolate and salt. I tried denying both, selecting just one, different timings of intake, etc. to see if that had any effect on things, but in controlled trials for me it didn't help or hinder so it's just a "sign" for me.

I CONSTANTLY gripe about the little and big things myself - that's totally unrelated to hormones and cycles, and 100% because of four kids and a husband who don't seem to give a toss!

Hmmm got a call, fresh squirrel over the fence for the wolfdog, got to go make sure she gets it!

o

Hey Girls!
I might not be posting much this weekend, because of the holiday! :O)
I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Be safe!!! :O)

o

Have a great time this weekend Bunny! Hope you get some good BBQ!

Thanks for understanding Letha! Can't seem to get my fingers to stop typing that L at the end! Something is seriously wrong with me! LOL! Glad you liked my little kitty... Love his big soulful eyes.

Hermit, I am a lucky girl that has a very good older girlfriend who happened to give me the heads up on what women go through when they hit their 30's. I remember listening to her in my mid 20's thinking this can't happen to all women! Every time I hit one of those milestones I email her and tell her this is soooo gross, thank goodness you told me this was coming or I would have been so freaked out. LOL! Thank god for good girlfriends!

o

Hiya, girls! What an afternoon/evening I've had! Nothing too exciting, just different! Dylan had his first high school football game tonight, about an hour and a half from home. First, Dave and my sister were going to come with the kids and I. Then, Dave found out he had to get work done quicker than he thought, so he couldn't come. Then, my sister said things weren't shaping up like she had planned, so it ended up being just me and the kids. So, Lily and I picked up William and Elizabeth at their respective schools, and we all headed up to the game. Now, some background on his football team. First off, in our town, they don't start tackle football until 7th grade (before that it's only flag.) Then everyone wants to play, so you have so many kids on the team, that they have 2 teams. And "A" team and a "B" team. The better kids of course are on the "A" team. Well, in 7th and 8th grade, Dylan was always on the "B" team - he's not the biggest kid, and doesn't work out year round like he should. Anyway, last year, while the "B" team did really well, the "A" team was phenominal. They did not allow a single point scored against them all season. They blew their opponent away at every single game. It was absolutely amazing, and everyone was talking about how this team was going to be the one to get Pella (our town) the State Championship. Fast forward to this year - Dylan still wants to play football - he really enjoys it. None of the other "B" teamers do (who would want to, when you have been told all along that you aren't as good as the other kids?) My Dylan just loves playing on the D-line! He said his coach said, "Dylan, you really are not built to be on the line, but you are just always volunteering to be there!" He said in scrimages, he is always playing, and was so excited for his first game. Well, we got there, and watched as several kids played pretty much the entire game - both offence and defense, and my boy stood on the sideline, until the last 2 minutes of the game, when we were ahead 48-14. Okay, so I'm not totally complaining, at least he got to play. But, to not put him in until the game was a sure thing, and there was no way to screw it up (not really at least), was sad to me. I drove an hour and a half each way, to see my son play 2 minutes (3 whole plays). Disappointing, to see a boy who is so eager to play, not really get a chance. Anyway, it's just the first game, and hopefully things will turn around on that. Okay, so during the game, Dave called to ask how it was going. I told him good, and when he asked what Dylan was doing, I said, "Nothing." Kind of the same thing we went through with another of our sons. Anyway, he was of course upset. So, after I hang up, I accidentally drop my phone through the bleachers. Fortunatly we were only a few bleachers up, so it was easy to get too. Lily got it, and wanted to play with it a bit. I made sure the keys were locked, and told her to stay "Right Here", and let her pretend she was calling someone. Well, my little Lily has this habit of throwing things when she is done with them (a bad habit that needs to be curbed!), and she decided to throw my phone. Sadly, she has pretty good aim, becuase she got it right into the trash can that was close to us! Oh, and this trash can had about 6" of water in the bottom of it. So, I go down to look, and sure enough there is my phone sitting in the bottom of the trash can covered in trashy water! Do I reach in and get it, in front of a bleacher full of people, or do I leave it there? Well, yes, I lean into the trash can in front of all those people, stick my hand in that disgusting water, and pull out my phone, which is not hopelessly done for! Ick!!! Now, I'm 80 miles from home with three kids, it's getting dark, and I have no phone! (Something I'm just not used to anymore!) So, we stopped at a gas station to get some supper, and I used the pay phone (thank goodness there are still some of those around!) and call Dave to explain why I won't be answering my phone for the next little while. Anyway, we made it home fine, and here I am! Kind of a frustrating night. Now, I am just waiting for Dylan to call that they are back home (which will likely be very late.)

William is having his birthday party tomorrow, as he turns 10 on Sunday! So, tomorrow night we have 4 boys coming over for a sleepover. Fun! It wouldn't be so bad, except he has one friend, who he really likes, that is very difficult to get along with. He is not from the most stable home, from what I can tell, and he whines, very loudly, very much. When they play video games, which is pretty much all the kids want to do when they have sleepovers, he is contantly yelling, "You guys aren't letting me win!" "It's no fair!", and all kids of things like that. And I do mean yelling. It is very difficult to get him to calm down. But, he is William's friend, and we will just deal with it the best we can, as we have in the past! But, I'm not looking forward to it, to be honest. I'll make William's cake tomorrow, which I am excited about. He told me a while back how he wanted it, but then I told him I couldn't get the things he wanted on it. Well, I was able to today, so I hope to suprise him with a cake pretty close to what he drew out. I think he will love it!

Sunday night, we are planning to go to the drive in! We haven't done that yet this year, and the kids are very excited! Rattatui (or however you spell it) and Shreck the 3rd are showing, so the kids are thrilled! It should be a lot of fun, especially as once it gets dark now, the temperature is dipping into the low 60's. Very nice! We are looking forward to it!

And Monday, I think we are having over a neighbor and his son who have both been working for Dave. I'm sure that will end up being a very drunken night for the 3 of them! But, I'm sure it will be fun!

So, that is how my weekend is shaping up. How 'bout the rest of you? Any big plans! Sorry to ramble on so much! I've just needed to get that stuff off my chest! (Oh, and in case you didn't catch on yet, I'm a bit of a football junkie! I love it!)

Becki

o

Evening All! We finally have someone coming to look at the house. YaHoooo! They'll be here at 10:00 am. Sorta early for a showing,but hey beggers can't be choosy.Wish us luck!

Becki, sounds as if you have a VERY busy,but fun few days ahead.Be sure to post pics of B-day cake.
No plans here. Just chillin at the house.Family too far away & we don't really know the neighbors other than their names & that one next to us is a young fireman & EMT.Good to know when you have a dare-devil 4 year old son! LOL!

How is the swap list coming Autumnfairy? Can't wait to see it!Later .....April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

That's exciting, April! Have fun showing it! Maybe they'll make an offer! That would be even more fun, huh?

I will definitely post a picture of the cake! I'll be making plenty of cake over the next week! Birthdays this week - William (10) on Sunday, Carl (24) on Monday, and Lily (3) on Friday. It is birthday week at our house!

We really don't know many of our neighbors either. We actaully live in a very small "village" (we are unincorporated, so we don't even have our own post office.) Everyone is supposed to know everyone else. And, most people like to think they know everyone else's shi*! But, not many people get to know you. Our neighbors right next door, we have gotten to know fairly well. We have our ups and downs with them. They don't like that we farm, and have made that pretty clear. But, they have kids that are friends with ours, and on holidays (4th of July, New Year's Eve, etc...) we usually hang out together. Once in a while, they will come over just for the heck of it, but there is almost always booze involved. And she gets wasted! She will stay here till all hours of the morning, and then be so drunk she can hardly walk back home. Don't get me wrong - I like to inbib once in a while too, but getting a bit tipsy is about as far as I go. One drink, and you can believe I will NOT get behind the wheel, because I know it reacts to me that quickly! For as large of a woman as I am, I am a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol. That one night when I had 4 White Russians (some of you may remember that one), you can believe they were very heavy on the white and incredibly light on the Russian! My husband gets frustrated sometimes that I just won't let go and get really drunk, but I just prefer not to. He says it's because I always have to have control. The way he says it, it's a bad thing. But, in my opinion, it's a good thing. If I am going to drink so much that I don't have control of my emotions and actions, I don't think it's a good thing! But, that is just my own personal preference. I just don't like to do stupid things, or want to be viewed in that light, I guess.

Okay, I'm really chatty tonight! Dave just called and is coming home (yeah, he is just quitting working.) Dylan hasn't called yet, and I'm guessing it will still be another hour before he gets home, so please girls, liven it up a bit! On an awesome note, Dave just told me that tomorrow I need to get Dylan a Trac Phone! Dylan will be ecstatic! It is really getting necessary though, with all the things he is getting involved with now. And he will have specific instructions that it is only to be used to call us. Trust me, there won't be much money put on it! But, it will be a good thing, I think! Okay, anyone else around, or am I talking to myself?

o
Just Talkin' to Meself!

Yep, I guess I am just talking to myself! You all are usually so lively at night! Where is everyone? Oh, well, it's the story of my life. Always wanting to talk when no one else can! Boo hoo! : ) Hope you all are having exciting evenings! Off to work on my seed box and update my trade list - I have WAY too many seeds, and lots that I really want, so why not trade the ones I don't love?

o

Poor Becki, Sorry I wasn't around, darlin! I watched a really good movie that came on late tonight and didn't want to miss a minute of it. Bagger Vance. Loved it. Anyway, I totally sympathize with waiting to see your boy play ball. Did that quite a bit last season when Ted was on JV at the varsity games. They started putting him in later in the season a lot more often after the coaches could see how fast he was. Broke his hand midway through the season but still played on with the cast to finish the year. I LOVE Football games. Hubby is not such a big fan so I spent a lot of games up in the bleachers by myself. Not as much fun getting rowdy when there isn't someone egging you on. LOL! But we did have a good season. We finished 1st in our conference and 2nd in the regionals. It was an amazing season and quite a few of our guys got some scholarships to colleges. Man those boys can play. This season we are 2-0 so far. Wishing them lots of luck. The bench warming is a right of passage. Be glad he still loves the game, it will give him a certain strength when it comes to the HS level. Those coaches look for heart as well as size and ability. Sounds like Dylan has quite a bit of all those things. That will take him far. Take it easy on the coaches in front of him. You don't want him to hear you badmouthing the bosses, let him know he is still learning and his time will come in spaids!

o

Thanks, Tracy! When he finally got back, at midnight, he was in a really good mood. He didn't seem to really mind. Not that he was showing at least. Don't worry, it's not me you have to worry about badmouthing the coaches. But there ain't no telling Dave it's not a good idea! He is a very outspoken person! Anyway, that is wonderful how Ted's team is doing! We talked about the whole getting hurt thing the other day. Dylan said a lot of kids didn't want to play this year, because they didn't want to get hurt. He said he wasn't really that worried about it. He is really growing up! We talked about how in every sport it is possible to get hurt. And if you do get hurt, usually you heal, and it is rare to get a really bad injury that is going to affect you for the rest of your life. The majority of football players make it through high school football just fine.

Okay, so off to make hubby's coffee and get started on that cake! Have a great day, everyone!

Becki

o

Hi Becki! Tell Dylan We said

Hope he has a fun sleepover birthday party Tonight!

Ted was In a Varsity Game and got his hand stomped on after a tackle. The bone broke that leads from his finger to his wrist. It was a small break that heals quickly. He had a cast on that covered the tip of his first 2 fingers and went past his wrist on his right hand. The cast ended up getting replaced after nearly every game because of the abuse it took. They had varsity games friday and JV on Saturday. The dang thing stunk to high heaven so we were happy to see the replacements. There is no smell in the world like a teenage boy with a sweaty cast after a football game. The rides home afterward were HORRIBLE. I made him hold the cast out the window because it was just that bad.

o

Tracy
I just got this mential pic of you frebreezing the boy's cast. One of my student's mothers has been in the hospital since monday, so she has been having a "sleepover" at my house (there is no family for this girl other than her mother, I'm named the guardian in mom's will). We took the ENTIRE preschool to legoland on a fieldtrip (Under 2 stayed at the center, rest were with me). By far the best part of the day was Steve getting on a coaster with some of the older kids, the kid running the coaster told him, he didn't think he'd fit... so Steve smiled, handed the guy his leg and sat down. The kid just about fell over, and said "wow that's a first" (the kids all know about Steve's leg being artificial, they call it his "robot leg").
This weekend I'll be studing and shopping to restock the freezers at home and the center (gotta love sam's club click n' pull).

o

OMG, Fishy! That is SO FUNNY!! I'm sure everyone else just about fainted! Dylan went to Legoland once with his dad when he was out there to visit, and he loved it! William though is my lego freak, and he is dying to go there sometime!

Okay, so we just finished the cake. William thinks it is the BEST cake ever, so I am happy. He is a big Pokemon fan as well, so it's a Pokemon cake.

Just a half hour till we get the kids. I'm sure we'll have fun!

o

Love the cake Becki!! Would give my right arm for slice & big glass of cold milk.MMMMMMMM!

o

Fishy, I almost fell off my chair laughing! Wishing you had a camera for that priceless moment! LOL! if I wasn't allergic to febreeze you bet I would have sprayed that sucker down! Blah! Grosssssss!

Becki I love Williams B-day cake!!! That is awesome! My oldest would have killed for that cake when he was 10. He was a huge fan of the show and used to save up his money for the trading cards. He still has them all and I catch him watching once and a while when the little ones have it on. Tell william I said happy birthday to him, not dylan! woops Sorry Kiddo!

o

Thanks, gals! It is so funny - as soon as I picked up all the boys, they were trading Pokemon cards. I started to think to myself how funny they were, and then I all of a sudden realized that I am just like them. Just seeds and plants rather than Pokemon cards! I'll give you my Coral Nymph Salvia for your Chocolate Silk Morning Glory! Ha, ha! They are all doing pretty well so far. The winer has done plenty of wining and yelling and noisiness, but so far everyone has handled it okay. They are all watching TMNT right now (as well as playing hand held video games.) Yeah, all William wants for his birthday this year is Pokemon cards, just like most years. He has always wanted Legos in the past too, but this year it is just all about Pokemon!

I've been programming my new phone. And Dylan's phone. When I went in to the cell office to get my new phone, I was happy to realize that my contract was up for renewal so I could get a really nice phone, really cheap! I REALLY wanted to get the Razr, which I could have gotten for $40, as I REALLY wanted the MP3 capabilities! But, I let my head decide on this one - is was only $20 and much more rugged. Not nearly as delicate as that cute little Razr. But, it is a camera phone, so that will be cool! And it's really nice, so I am very happy. The only thing was, when they went to fill out the contract, it said we needed a $600 deposit! I just about fainted! The gal didn't think that was right either, so I had to wait for like 40 minutes while she got ahold of the cell people (lots of waiting on hold), and found out that was a mistake. Boy, was I a happy girl! No way could I pay them $600!!! The cell agent and I were both doing the happy dance, when the guy finally said to scratch that part off of the contract!! Anyway, I know I can get MP3 ringtones, now I just have to figure out how! And I have bluetooth, though I really have no idea what that is! All I know now is that it means I can share things wirelessly with other people with the same make of phone as me, and I can use a wireless head set. (Yeah, like I use a headset!) Anyway, I'm glad it ended up being okay that I ruined my old phone! And Dave is excited, as his contract is up too, and he can go get himself a new phone. Funny how those phones really start to give out after 2 years!

Okay, yep, up way too late last night, and now will be up way too late again. And I will be again tomorrow! So, you can believe Mt. Dew and I are good friends right now! I really try to drink the diet kind, but once in a while I indulge in a regular one. Well, tonight as the kids were eating supper, one of the kids said to me, "You know in a big 2-liter of that stuff, do you know how much sugar is in that?" I said, "I'm sure it is WAY TOO MUCH!!". He said, "Yeah! If you taped all the little sugar packets together, it would be longer than this table (and we have a long table!)" I was so embarrassed! I thought, yeah, leave it to a 10 year old to tell me I shouldn't be drinking that, when I know it myself!!

Okay, enough ramblin' - yep the caffiene is good!!

Becki

o

Becki,The cake looks great!My son was into pokemon for a long time.Not so much now but boy has he got the cards.Everytime he got any money it was off to the store for more cards.He tried to explain them all to me but I still don't have a clue. Two beautiful chrisp mornings in a row..wow.I love fall weather.Yesterday I dragged my hubby out of bed and made him go outside in his pjs just to feel the air.Sounds crazy but when temps are 98-100ish for a month it makes you feel crazy. And I got a pleasant suprise in the flower bed this morning.Some zinnias I ordered from a catalog are blooming and WOW I was excited.I planted them a long time ago but forgot about them.They aren't your everyday zinnia,they are tiny...small bushy type but the color is like a sunburst.Well,kinda quiet around here.Everybody enjoying the long weekend I guess,I get to stay home and clean the house..fun fun.I was supposed to get to go look at a nursery that raises iris & lillies but someone called in at the store and the hubby had to go work their shift yesterday.Would have went by myself but I'm not sure where it is.While he was there one of the stone company guys came in and said they would give me a pallet of stone if I wanted it so maybe it paid off that he worked after all.Becki,I got a new phone a few months ago with all the bells and whistles and I'm still trying to figure it out.I liked the color(bright green). Well everybody have a good day..See ya,Letha

o

Hey All! Do you guys know that this swap was posted on Aug 8,& we still don't even have buddies yet? This is the worlds longest swap!By the time we start swapping it will be cool enough to send plants again.LOL!Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Alright, I am fed up too. If everyone would like, email me your addy's and I will draw names and post partners as soon as I have them all. I am busy today but will be free tomorrow to organize it all and post if everyone's info is in. Email me at thetracyvine@sbcglobal.net

If anyone objects just say so. I won't take any offense.

o

I'm sure Laurie won't mind, Tracy. I know it's hard for her to get online, but maybe she should have delegated responsibility to someone else? So since she didn't do that...I suppose we can all nominate you. :O)

Here is the list she posted on the last thread of the players she has:

traceyvine*
autumnfairy
pixies*
hermit
fishy
jennid*
kalena*
dirt
debbya
diene
medontdo

Maybe you should take her off of the list since we haven't heard from her in over a week? The only others we haven't heard from are debbya & jennid. We know everyone else is around. We might want to check with medontdo to see if she still wants in the swap.
So I guess it's all up to you? :O)

Oh, and by the way....I'll be in the swap also, since it'll just be chimes. :O) I may have a bulb or two to share, but my garden is pretty much wiped out!!

o

Hi Ladies,

I think thats a great idea Tracy and Melissa. Tracy, if you need my addy let me know.

I think Debbya has alot going on this weekend, so that may be the reason we haven't heard from her.

I hope everyone has had as good of a weekend as I have (so far).

Smiles
Trina

o

o

Tracyvine - emailed you at the addy above and provided my addy, along with some other info.

Et al... I may be more out of pocket than usual for "awhile". As things currently stand, I will be taking my "tried and true" Abu (pet name,not his formal name) to our vet after some hours to have him PTS... it's been a really sucky holiday weekend here for us and unless the vet thinks I'm way off-base on diagnosis, this will be the second dog to cross the Rainbow Bridge in less than a month - though for different reasons. This is just so NOT our/my year here... we'll still have 7 canines (this will make it 5 Rotties, 1 wolfdog, 1 "mutt"), but I'm sure going to miss this 'guy'... he's saved my life, caught "bad guys", tracked and found "the lost" and brought them home... had a good working life and retired from his "career" and settled in so well to a pet/companion lifestyle, albeit never lost his "on duty" way of being/living... if he were a younger dog, treatment would be more seriously considered - but the treatments available aren't a cue, just make things less obvious... to go that route at his age, would just be more trauma and for us, not him... nothing humane in subjecting him to that IF my diagnosis is accurate. Vet didn't indicate I was the least bit "off" though... wish I knew "then" (years ago) what I know "now"... guess we will pray for an overnight miracle, but otherwise count the blessings for him that it came to a head when he became a "senior" dog instead of in his prime....

Hope everyone has a safe holiday - drive carefully, or better yet, stay at home...

Hermit

o

Hi girls! I emailed Medontdo and ask her if she wants to be in it still. She is down for internet and can email only right now so I offered to copy/paste any postings that she wants to put on. I already got the addy's from:

Dirt
Bunny
Hermit
Diene

This swap is confirmed for windchimes only. If anyone wants to put extra goodies in their box that is totally fine, please note that since this is not for live plants that Parcel Post shipping is totally fine. Be aware that delivery can take up to 9 business days and sometimes can take a little longer. First Class Parcel is also a great shipping method as long as the weight is 13 ounces or under.

o

Hi all,
Tracy, I sent you my addy. Let me know if you don't receive it. I have a few extras to send with the wind chime, and understand that I may not get the same in return. That is okay with me though! I had already bought these extras before we decided to do chimes only.
Well, I have work to do in my new garden bed (yippee!! It's done!!!) I'll be checking in though!
Karen

o

Hi girlies! Alright we have confirmed addys for:

Dirt
Bunny
Hermit
Diene
Kalena67
Medontdo

Medo is in! Yippee! She is doing great and excited to swap. She happily has lost some pounds and is feeling good. Did some shopping at the mall for the kiddos and ran into some friends of theirs and they didn't even recognize her! Woo Hoo! Congrats to MEDO! As far as a swap date I am thinking that we will trade boxes within 10 days of posting partners. Hopefully I will be getting everyone else's addy's in the next two days. Pop in often and let everyone know that the swappin is on!!!

We had a super busy weekend. Grilled on Friday night with my mom and the family, had dinner out with the inlaws and the kids on Saturday at an all you can eat Buffet on Saturday (grazing, grazing, grazing!), Sunday we went to Our Nieces 2nd Birthday Party and then later went to a bbq at our friends house. We Started out at noon and didn't get home till almost 1am. Busy, busy. The kids had a blast with all of the cousins and friends. Emma was so exhausted she slept until noon today. I finally had to go in and roust her little tush out of bed. Lazy bones, can't party with the bid dogs! LOL!

How has everyone's weekend?

o

I am only waiting on Addresses for

Jennid
Fishymamas
DebbyA

Trina I got yours, Thank you!

o
Secret Senders?

One thing I was thinking of doing to add a little anticipation was to keep the swap partners a secret. What do you think of me sending the addy to you and not knowing who you are receiving from. I thought it might be a fun surprise...

Instead of posting partners on the forum I will just send you an email and you let me know that you received it. After everyone has their partner I will just post when it is time to send.

What do all of you think of that? Please say so if you think it is a goofy idea, I won't be bummed out.

o

Tracy, I think that would be fun! Either way, I'm in!
Karen

o

Awesome Karen! Thanks, anyone else? Becki wrote to me and said she is in, she also thought the secret sender might be fun! Yippee! So we are adding her back in! Yay!

Still waiting to hear from FishyMamas, Debbya and Jennid. I sent them all emails and am waiting to hear back.

So far we have:
Dirt
Bunny
Hermit
Diene
Kalena67
Medontdo
Pixie
Becki
Tracy

Letha and Nicole, did you two want to join in? We would love to have a couple more nuts to add to the mix!

o

Tracy

I think that the secrect sender would be fun sweetie.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Pixie!

o

Yay! I think the secret sender thing sounds fun too! Oooh ooh...but I"m SO not good at keeping secrets!! Like, just last week, my sister in law told me that the Easter bunny wasn't real..and so I asked my mom..and then I asked my dad and then I asked my brother...but he won't speak to me after the golden toilet brush thing, seems he got teased...and ..and..and........

Yep.
LOL
See???
Hmm. Too much headache, and not enough caffiene. :O)

o
hnb

I figure you've got to be the one that posted this sign then!

You better tape your fingers together so you can't tell! Shhhhhhhhhh!

o

Girls-
I need a favor from ya'll, if you would, please??
I just had a short meeting with the boss, and it appears I probably won't have a job much longer. Lots of reasons, but unless something works out by tomorrow night, I will have to be finding something different.
So I just wondered if you girls wouldn't mind praying for me & my family? This job is the only thing paying for our groceries at this point, so it's going to hurt us if I can't find something else FAST.
Thanks girls! Luv ya'll and I really appreciate it!
Melissa :O)

o

Melissa,

I will pray extra hard for you. What in the world are those people thinking?

Tracy

o

Melissa,
I am praying for you too, girlfriend! I hope things work out the way they are supposed to. It things get really bad, please do not feel bad asking for food assistance. That is what government programs are there for! But, I know that is hard to do, and none of us really wants to do that, so I really hope things work out for you! Sending lots of big hugs (oops, I accidentally typed jugs first!) to you!!! : ) Love ya, girl!
Becki

o

Wow! You girls have been having way too much fun since I left, lol. And Tracy, I didn't have time to read all the posts but hope you have a good reason to to be spanking the dust out of Pixie! (She gotta save some, don't ya know? lol) Hope all of you girls had a great weekend, will try to read and catch up.

Sassy

o

I'll take the big hugs AND the big jugs, Becki! :O) (goodness knows, I need all the help I can get!)
Thanks, Becki...I really appreciate it. :O)

o

Welcome Home Miss Sassy!!!

Melissa, you are in our prayers girlie girl and I have also put you and your family's name on our prayer group list and ladies prayer group list. Things will work out for the best sweetie. We love you.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Sassy Pants! How was the weekend away? Hope you had a blast! You bet I had good reason to spank that little hiney! She wasn't resting, she was out working in the yard like a bad little Tinkerbell! She's better now so I will leave her alone. I'm sure she is still full of it (dust I mean)!

Bunny, I got your jugs right here! Told you I had Double D's. You just didn't know I meant Vitamin D! LOL!

o

o
Jugs

I can't help it, they're throbbing on my screen! LOL!

o
Uh, hey girls

Sound advice! Do NOT google Jugs! I think I poked my eyes out!

o

Ooh...BAD images!! lol
Hey, here's another tip...NEVER (and I do mean NEVER) type in "love" and "chocolate" together in the search engine on photobucket.

I'm STILL trying to get those pictures out of my head.
Oh...and "nuts"...NEVER type in that, either....

o

Great! I just spit my coffee at the computer screen again! LOL!

o

Okay..my computer is giving me fits, and won't let me send or reply to email....GGGRrrrr! (which brings up another point, we're losing internet at home on the 5th, and if I don't have a job anymore...I wont' be able to get online...so..if I go MIA, THAT'S what happened....)

Anyway...Tracy- I will work on that today. I need to wait until I get to work to put in the computer software stuff, I know the SYSTEM I use, but not the specific programs. :O)

ICK! I am out of cream..and I'm having to drink my coffee black!! YIKES!!! Icky icky icky!! I need to skip the cup and just do an IV. 4 hours of off and on sleep are NOT going to work today. Nope.

o

Oh no way am I letting you disappear! LOL! I will be sending you the monthly installments for your internet access! What on earth would we do without a bunny in the middle of rabbit season?

o
Your order Ma'am!

o

I started a new thread with the updated information on the swap!

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here