Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jaynine60

new: sept. color of the month seed swap: black

jaynine
13 years ago

With a few changes, IÂve copied the following from another ÂColor of the Month swap:

Any seed that produces a Âblack flower, fruit, herb or vegetable or has a name including the word ÂBlack or that brings the color black to mind (such as dark, midnight, shadow, evening, ebony, etc.) is welcome. Please donÂt send anything other than seeds (no plants, bulbs, cuttings, etc.).

Please donÂt send seeds of invasive plants, noxious weeds, or seeds more than 2 years old (unless you know theyÂre viable.). Please include the following on the packet label: the name of the seed, year collected/packed for, your GW name, and whether your seeds are from a commercial source or hand-collected.

You may send as many as 10 packets or as little as one: any amount over 10 will be considered extra. Those who send extras will get extras back, depending on the varieties sent in. Please donÂt send more than 2 packets of the same variety.

Please send in the number of seeds per pack that you would be comfortable receiving yourself. As a general rule, there should be a minimum of 10 seeds per pack.

Sign-ups end September 10th; seeds should be mailed by the 20th. After signing up here on this thread, please send me an e-mail with your full name & address and your GardenWeb name. If at least 5 people express interest in this monthÂs color swap, IÂll reply back to you with my mailing address.

Use a bubble envelope in good condition when you mail to me (it will be used to mail back your new seeds) and include all of the following along with your seeds:

1 Mailing label with your full address on it.

2. Stamps equal to what you used to mail plus one extra in case itÂs needed. Unused postage will be returned.

3. A piece of paper with your GW name, e-mail address, and a list of what you sent in so you don't get those seeds back. (If youÂre pressed for time & canÂt include this, no big deal.)

4. Please let me know if you'd prefer edibles, ornamentals or a mix.

If there's something 'Black' that you're specifically looking for, feel free to post it here.

Janine

Comments (36)

• kilngod
    13 years ago

Please count me in.

--Tina

• Angela
    13 years ago

I'm in. thanks :)

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Me too.

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

me too...

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome, Everyone, thanks for joining. Need one more member to make this a go! Some enticement:

(Starting top left) First row: Blackberry Lily, 'Perfume Dark Purple' Tobacco, Black Cohosh, various 'black' tomatoes/Second Row: 'Chocolate Smoke' Tobacco, 'Black Prince' Snapdragon, 'Black Gem' Cornflower, 'Bowles Black' Viola, 'Black Knight' Sweet Scabious

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Sign me up too please!

Denise

• manuredude
    13 years ago

I'm in too! I love all things black!!

• booboobolhuis
    13 years ago

Is there room for one more?

• woodville5656
    13 years ago

Sign me up Please

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

Add me to the list.

Don

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Welcome All! I've emailed everyone with my address; if you haven't received it or have any questions, please contact me.

'Black Pearl' Pepper, 'Tina James' Magic' Evening Primrose, 'Black Scorpion Tongue' Pepper, 'Tiger Eyes' Viola (it has black stripes! does that count?), our fuzzy black critters

• booboobolhuis
    13 years ago

bump

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

You can just send me the 2 critters and i'll be happy.

• barefootgardner12
    13 years ago

Count me in!

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I just dropped my seeds in the box at the P.O.
    Thanks, Alana

• cybermeowz
    13 years ago

Hi Jaynine!

Please sign me up!!!

Penny

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi barefoot & Penny~thanks for joining. will email you shortly. cj~sorry, the fluffy ones are not up for grabs!

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

I still getting my seed ready can not wait to see exactly what i get back...

cj

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There's plenty of time left to get your seeds ready and sent! Sign ups are still open today and tomorrow if anyone's thinking about joining.

• booboobolhuis
    13 years ago

Janine,

My bubblie is on its way!

Jennifer :)

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Seeds from poisondartfrog arrived today.

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Got dem_pa's seeds today.

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

woodville5656's seeds are now here.

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Received seeds from cjcjmass.

• Angela
    13 years ago

Seeds are on their way--

• antiqueorchid
    13 years ago

Janine,

I sent mine out monday.

Denise

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Got seeds from antiqueorchid, manuredude and barefootgardner12 today.

• kilngod
    13 years ago

I was a naughty naughty and only got mine sent out this morning. I'm sorry for the delay, and hope it's just a lucky PO period for me -- just sent an envie to California and it got there in 2 days flat!

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

silver_cat's seeds came today.

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

kilngod's seeds are here so only one more to go!

• jaynine
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The last package arrived yesterday & they're now back out in the mailbox. This was a tough one-hope you enjoy what you're about to receive. Thank you all for participating!
    The next scheduled color of the month swap is:
    October -- ORANGE - Hosted by Lynn (carsons_mimi) - Substitute host is Bonnie.

• cjcjmass
    13 years ago

Thank you for hosting

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

I received my seeds at noon today. A great selection of seeds. Thanks to all who shared their seeds. Also thanks to a great hostess.

Don

• Angela
    13 years ago

Thanks for the generous selection! Nice vegetables.

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I got mine yesterday. Wonderful selection everyone, thank you!
    Alana

• kilngod
    13 years ago

My package arrived safe-n-sound. Thank you for such a great selection everyone!! WOW! I'm loving the seeds I received. Janine, thank you so very much for hosting this swap. You did a super job.

--Tina