Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
earthlydelights_gw

new: obf ~~ october's party ~~

earthlydelights
13 years ago

Sorry folks, I can't remember how to place the picture in the post. It's been quite some time. So pretend it's here!!!!!

The OBF was created as a place for us to have a fair and reliable trade group. It's an ongoing group and one of the oldest in the round robin forum. You should be a member of the group to participate. If you are not a member but would like to join a group chock full of fair, fun and fabulous traders, please contact either carol (veeja) or shirley (brittneysgran)
October's Party

By: George Cooper

October gave a party;

The leaves by hundreds came,

The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,

And leaves of every name.

The Sunshine spread a carpet,

And everything was grand,

Miss Weather led the dancing,

Professor Wind the band.

The Chestnuts came in yellow,

The Oaks in crimson dressed;

The lovely Misses Maple

In scarlet looked their best;

All balanced to their partners,

And gaily fluttered by;

The sight was like a rainbow

New fallen from the sky.

Then, in the rustic hollow,

At hide-and-seek they played,

The party closed at sundown,

And everybody stayed.

Professor Wind played louder;

They flew along the ground;

And then the party ended

In jolly "hands around."color>

October is the start to my favorite time of the year. The weather is not so depressing, the mums are in full force and the leaves are a gorgeous kaleidoscope of color. In my neck of the woods, it's a time for putting the garden beds to rest, prepping the soil for winter, welcoming the cooler temperatures, Harvest Festivals and also more baking and soup making!!!!! It's Columbus Day and Halloween and Fire Prevention, but did you know that October is also ....
Computer Learning Month

The Month of the Dinosaurs

Italian American Heritage Month

Netiquette and Internet Safety month? (that's a new one for me)

And how about National Popcorn Week that takes place the last week of October?

To that, I thought those that want to play this month could create their own October theme. You could take a clue from some of the above-noted themes or create one of your own. This can include plants, seeds, bulbs, books, food -- you name it. I'm not 100% sure of everyone's season/weather, so if you cannot send/receive plants at this time, you might want to note that at sign up.

Post here if you are playing, but please, do not post your theme. Send the theme to me via email and once sign-ups are concluded, I'll post all the box themes and the picking will then commence. I know everyone that decides to play this month will put their imaginations to work and come up with some very interesting themes.

If interested, sign up by October 4th. Email me your theme as soon as the light bulb goes off in your head and on October 6th I'll post all the box themes and then the picking will begin.

Thanks for playing!

Maryanne/Earthly

Comments (150)

• veeja11
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

just stopping in to say hi, got all my things set up for my trip. set up activities for four days, one free day plus arrival and departure day, got a musical show, dinner cruise, luau, snorkling, just hope I leave the rain here. got my greenhouses finished, gonna do my floral business out of one. I guess i won't get to swap untill dec. miss it I love Bunnys kiddo stories she should write a book.Dottie saw a cedar chest at a garage sale the other day but didn't think you would want to come to seattle to get one. hugs to all my bloomin friends, try to keep checkin in untill I leave

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Laura,
    I got your swap items boxed up this evening so I am hoping I can get to the post office with it tomorrow. Will let you know for sure when it goes out.
    Jeanne

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Good Morning!

I'll be sending my box Remy's way Fri., Sat., or Monday.

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Happy Tuesday!
    Shirley, your box should be on its way to you probably Friday. I have everything and I think I have a box it will fit in...now just to combine the two...:)

Have a great day...wonderful here...sunny (maybe 60)...and I have some trimming to do!
    vina

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Hi All,
    Hope everyone is well.

Dottie,
    I got your box mailed today. I have a DC, but it's not with me.

Got to go get ready for a pizza cooking class that I'm teaching,
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Laura,
    Your box is on its way. Delivery Confirmation number:
    I hope you like what I sent!
    Jeanne

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Heidi, I have your box almost ready to go. Perhaps will be able to mail tomorrow.

Maryanne, I finally bought a cedar chest! DH took me for our anniversary to Lancaster and bought us one. It's great. Thanks for the offer to check out the one your friend has, though.

Carol, enjoy Hawaii. Which island are you visiting?

Remy, I'll be on the lookout for the box. Thanks!

Dottie

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Heidi, DC# 0309 3220 0000 8218 5573
    Hope you like it!

Dottie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Morning all!
    Shirley, box is going out this morning. 2 days ahead of schedule...pretty proud of that :)...

Will post DC when I get back from PO.

WOW! Carol... Hawii! Have a great trip!!

Have a great day all!!
    vina

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

What a great day it was here to work outside. I planted a lot of the perennials in the ground that had been in pots on the deck, and cleaned up some leaves, spread some mulch, etc. Great, great day!

Even greater when I got inside and saw that my box came from Remy! I poured a glass of wine and opened the box, while snacking on cheese and crackers and pepper jelly, which I LOVE, and guess what? In my box was some pepper jelly, apparently homemade by Remy!! I'm so delighted with the plants, too: toadlily, oxalis, succisa pialensis (I have to look that one up - always love something new!), tulips, daffs, and a daylily. Also, a birdfeeder and suet, a Wegman's bag, scented candles and yellow garden gloves. Everything had a "harvest" or a "moon" name and the whole box was very creative! THANKS Remy! You put a lot of thought and caring into the box and it is awesome!

Dottie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Okay...so call me, "liar, liar...plants for hire" (that's how my daughter says it :0)...
    I forgot to get a DC# for Shirley's box, and its all my fault. I ran into someone who I hadn't seen in forever and we got to talking while the post lady was doing my box...I walked right out with just a receipt and didn't even realize what I had done until I got home. It should be okay though...and exactly what age does the "old-timers" start to set in...:0)...I think I'm there!

Anyway...hope you enjoy your box!

And Dottie, I would love to be working outside. Our weather last couple of days, rain. And today wet snow. I don't think any is suppose to stick...just enough to let you know that it is coming!

Happy Friday!
    vina

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

SNOW?? Vina, really?? Snow?? I don't even think they have snow in Alaska in October! OMG, I totally am not ready for that!

Was outside again today. Lots to do. Am bringing in tender plants for the winter and trying to figure out what to do with the ones that got SO BIG over the summer! DH is going to have a bird when he sees the TV room full of them! It's the only sunny place now, so I can't help it :) It does resemble a forest.

Wore the gloves today, Remy. Nice! Also, I am so excited about the succisa pratensis. I never knew about it before, so I looked it up and I can't wait to see it next year! Birds are already buzzing through the suet. Saw a couple of woodpeckers on it today. Got everything in the ground and am really looking forward to Spring already!

Where is everybody?

Dottie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Evening all!

Yes, SNOW (the dreaded 4 letter word)! We only got a few flakes, thank goodness. But that's probably why Syracuse was voted worst winter city in US. I'm only 30 minutes away. We have had snow on the ground at Halloween before. The weather here is wonky to say the least.

But on the up side....I have 1 reblooming iris that is actually reblooming!! I'm so excited about it. It's Grandma's Purple Flag. I have never had any supposed reblooming iris ever rebloom here before. And as I was going down to the pond today, I looked over and there it was! All purple and beautiful :). Hope it will be okay tonight...going down to 30. But sunny and 65 tomorrow...told ya about the wonky weather.

They always say if you don't like central ny weather...wait 2 minutes and something new will come along :)

Night all!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Vina-Don't worry about the delivery confirmation. I'm sure it will arrive fine. Can't wait to receive it and see what goodies are there.

Jeanne-I like the others have never heard of a quilt retreat but it sounds like a fun get away. My Mom used to make quilts all the time but now she is unable to do so. There is nothing like a quilt on the bed.

I was wondering where Melissa was and knew it was unlike her not to post often. Hope she finds a computer and joins us soon.

Carol-Try and visit the Polynesian Culture Center if you have time while in Hawaii. It was my favorite place we went along with visting the USS Arizona Memorial. Have fun and hope you get to see it all.

Remy-A pizza cooking class? How exciting....I love different pizzas and if you ever go to a Steve B's the sky is the limit when ordering different pizzas. My favorite is their BLT and next potato and onions. Send us a good recipe.

Dottie-I need to do exactly what you did. Plant perennials that are in pots. Tommorrow is a yard work day for me. I have got nothing done this Fall so far.

Night All

Shirley

• hdiperna
    13 years ago

Hi,
    I received my box from Dottie. It was wonderful. I will start with the plants/seeds.. Bee balm, White Swan cone flower, Potato Vine,Queensland blue pumpkin, Blue Lake Beans, Vinca and small yellow tall dahlia. They all have plant markers included. Also there was a beautiful golden leaves swag (I hung this on my door), stoneware butter keeper (this will be great at thanksgiving), Reeses peanut butter cups, and I saved my most favorite items for last...Pumpkin butter spread and a large bar of pumpkin soap.

Thank you so much for everything Dottie. I really appreciate all that you put into this box.

Jeanne your box should be going out Monday. I planned to put it together this last wed (my day off), but we have several people out at work and I didn't get my day off. Oh well I should have a nice paycheck this Friday!!

Heidi

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Hello everyone. Big news over here... I'm getting a roommate! (Finally... someone to share the rent!) My friend Sabrina, who I know from classes, is getting a divorce (which she is happy about) so she will move into my spare room. There is LOTS of cleaning out of the current junk to be done first, but we're two peas in a pod so it should be a match made in heaven!

In other exciting news, I got my box from Jeanne the other day. Sorry for not posting sooner. My wonderful goodies were memories and mementos from her trip to Poland and included:

A word search puzzle and recipes.
    A bookmark with a picture of Warsaw's Old Town.
    A packet of Polish tea, Fig and White Pear (Soooo yummy!! I wish I had a whole box!)
    Polish cookies with raspberry jam (I've already eaten the entire package!)
    Chocolates for Halloween. (Eaten all of these, too!)
    Tulip bulbs, white with read streaks since those are the colors of the Polish flag.
    Dill seeds, because they put dill on everything! (That must be why I love dill so much.)
    Red current jam, because currents are very popular there. (Cant wait to try it.)
    Apple orchards are also very popular, so Jeanne used apple fabric and made a fabric bag which she filled with plant markers, and another fabric baggie to hold tissue packets.

I hope I didn't forget anything, and don't worry about not sending plants. You were right about my not being up to the digging, and it is getting cold out anyway. I love my box and all of the memories that went into it! *Big Hug*

Vina, your box is all packed up and will go in the mail soon. I'll post a DC# when I get it, and hope you like everything.
    ~Laura

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Good Morning,

Love these boxes that you have received!

Remy, I packed your box up this morning. I will get it out Monday.

Have a lovely weekend!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I'm glad you received your package okay, Laura, and that you liked it. I wish I could have brought a suitcase full of things back from Poland because there would so many things I would have loved to buy. Maybe I will go back one day and have more shopping time and space in my luggage. We only had one suitcase for out trip and needed clothing for 16 days so there sure wasn't much room and the weight restictions are so stringent now. Even in terms of the luggage being transported from place to place under our bus, it was really getting crammed in there so you didn't want to put fragile things in there. Maybe it was good we didn't have much shopping time because I don't know where items would have been packed. I added some things to my tote bag, but it didn't have much space in it either and we would told there was a weight limit on those, too, and it was not much weight.

I am waiting a few days for the rest of the October packages to be mailed and received but will be posting the November swap soon. I decided to make it inexpensive since we have the holidays coming up so I hope I am setting it up in such a way that many can join in. The sign up and mail out date will move along pretty quickly because I am hoping everyone who signs up can receive his or her package before Thanksgiving.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Maryanne-Your package will be mailed Monday. I now have all the items I will be sending. Hope you like it.

Nice boxes...good job

Laura-Glad you found a roommate. Shared expenses is always a plus.

I worked all day today and did accomplish alot. Don't know when I was last home on the week-end so it felt good to get stuff done. It's getting cold outside so think I will bring in some more house plants.

Shirley

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Vina, it just hit me that you're from the Syracuse area. I met a wonderful woman from the Frankfort area, went and visited her, and she eventually moved here to Michigan. That area of New York is absolutely beautiful! While I was there we went to the renaissance festival there in Sterling, which was like stepping back in time! And the wineries there! Seeing you mention Syracuse has brought back a lot of happy memories and some bittersweet smiles!

Jeanne, any hints about the November swap? I'm still sick about having to miss this one, but I'm keeping myself healthy so I can play in November! Don't you want to tease us just a little???

Peace & Hugas Everyone!
    -Dan

• hdiperna
    13 years ago

I forgot to add that Dottie also sent me a Halloween hand towel and pot holder set. I was in the process of using it to dry dishes when it dawned on me that I forgot to mention it. Sorry Dottie!

Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Okay, Dan, some others are probably eager to find out about November as well, so I will go ahead and post it. Just needed a little encouragement so I wouldn't think I was being too early. LOL
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi everyone, short and sweet, i hope.
    been reading, have lots of comments, but i can't get a connection that lets me send. going to library tomorrow. using someone's phone now.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hi everyone, hope everyone is well and enjoying some of this beautiful weather we are having.

i got wireless, the router must be messed up or i'm not dong something right, because it either takes forever to get a connection, or when i finally do and then try to send something,via email or here, it gives me the timeout and then i loose everything.

all the boxes that have been sent/received sound great. mine is ready to ship, which took longer than i had hoped. there's one item that's a few inches longer than any box i could get and finally, i ordered boxes from the post office and got the right one!!!!!

vina, i love snow, but i agree, it's too soon for it.

remy, glad to hear the classes are going great. we make homemade pizza all the time. one of my favorites is to use a crust of paper-thin sliced potatoes, fresh rosemary, garlic slivers, a nice smei-soft cheese and figs. yum yum yum

carol, i sure hope you have the greatest time in hawaii.

dottie,did you have a great day in lancaster? i love it there, although it's so touristy in some spots. bothers the heck out of me all the people that gawk at the amish and act like they have never seen people before...rude. did you go to any of the dinner places? have you ever gone to sights and sounds and see a show? you must look into it.

i have been helping a friend clean out her dad's house. she's losing hers to foreclosure so he sold his to help her. his hasn't been lived in for over a year and the dust was a mess. we are almost done. truckloads went to goodwill/thrift and there's just a little bit of furniture to get out and we are done. strenous work too. can't believe the house listed and within a week, 8 showings and it sold - cash deal, quick settlement.

i can't believe october is almost gone.

well, my time here is up. hope to correct my connection problems and be back soon. jeanne, looking forward to reading about your swap.

maryanne

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Remy,

Your box flew out of here this afternoon.......sent from Anaheim, zip 92812.

DC # 0310 0480 0002 3800 4609

I hope you enjoy!!

Annie

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Hi All,

Maryanne, we did walk all around in Lancaster and had a fine, fine day. Didn't stay late, as we had a huge cedar chest to get home and out of the car when we got home, and I didn't want to leave my dog too long without dinner. We actually bought the chest from a shop that makes their own furniture, but they didn't happen to be Amish. Great fellow, though. He was blown away when DH pointed out to him that he'd made a hundred dollar mistake in adding up our tab (in our favor), and kept us there for quite a while telling us stories about woodworking and where they get the trees, etc. It was a lovely day.

Those wireless routers can be a challenge. I just give up until DH gets home if ours goes on the fritz. Doesn't happen as much now that we got a new one a couple of months ago. Apparently, their life expectancy is only about a year. Who knew.

The weather is amazing, you are right about that! I blew and raked leaves all morning, then had to quit for a couple of appointments.

Enjoy the day, all!

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Hello,
    Vina, your box flew out this morning. The DC# is 0310 1230 0001 5618 1400. Hope you like it!
    ~L

• brittneysgran
    13 years ago

Vina.................THANK YOU FOR MY AWESOME BOX....

It was even decorated in Halloween paper.
    Each item was wrapped and had cute sayings. I sure need to take lessons from your packaging and wrap so well.

Here's what I received:
    Fluffy Spooky Cotton Candy-Dawson's favorite
    Bat Pen
    Monster House (Movie)-can't wait to watch
    Felt Pumpkin basket
    Pumpkin cup w/brownies
    Ghost w/popping candy-another of Dawson's favorite
    Blanket with a note attached (Something to wrap up in when you watch a scary movie)....also I can cover up my head
    Green Witch ---so cute
    Pumpkin kitchen towel
    Crocheted butterfly magnet---I love to crochet and will definetely make some of these
    Spooky ceramic house
    spider rings, bugs and bats
    Cute basket with these seeds:
    yarrow
    kopper king hibiscus
    single burgundy hollyhock
    jackamanii clematis
    swamp mallow hibiscus
    artic queen clematis
    butterfly blue scabiosa
    splianthes eyeball plant

What fun to decide where this will all be placed.

Shirley

• hdiperna
    13 years ago

Jeanne,
    Your box has been sent. My husband was nice enough to mail it for me, but he forgot to get the DC number. I hope it gets there by Friday!!!
    Heidi

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    Shirley, so glad your box made it. I was having all kinds of scenarios in my head. Thinking the wrapping would come off and with it your address.
    It was a bit more difficult thinking of a ...bump in the night...box than I thought. And I didn't ship any plants because mine are all getting ready for the big nap soon. So they don't look all that great. Enjoy the movie! My daughter loves it. She's 6, and it's just scary enough for her...and a cartoon is always a crowd pleaser. And the cotton candy is spooky spider webs :)...also Taylor's fav.

Dan, so neat to think you visited where I'm from! Frankfort is a drive for me (other side of Syracuse). But I'm only about 20 minutes from the Renaissance Festival. We go every year. The jousting is fun...and DH loves the turkey legs! And we are literally right around the corner from about 5 wineries and the Finger Lakes Wine Trail is about 15 minutes away. They have about 15 or 20 wineries in it now. People take a limo from one winery to another all day. They sample wine and cheese. And at night stay in one of the local inns on a lake. Most people make a weekend out of it...its alot of fun!

Laura, thanks for letting me know about my box. I hope you didn't strain yourself...or your belly button :) putting it together. Can't wait to see the goodies in store...

The rest of this week is so busy.
    Tomorrow is craft day at Taylor's school. I'm the craft mom (LOVES IT :)
    Friday is the school Halloween Parade and Halloween Party.
    Saturday, Ballet, Karate, 2 Halloween Parties
    and on Sunday, the Big Night...Trick or treating... we are so ready this year! I even have and archway over our walk with spiders and lights. And we have purple glow in the dark spider webbing for our spiders this year...have I mentioned how much WE LOVE HALLOWEEN! :)

Happy Wednesday ALL!
    vina

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Hi All,
    I don't have much time to post right now, but I came home to a wonderful box from Annie! Thank you! I'm sorry, I can't post details, but I'm happy and will post more later.
    Remy

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I'll let you know when my box gets here, Heidi! I am excited already.
    Jeanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi All,

Annie, finally...your box is packed and sealed and will be mailed in the morning. i just got done. i am so pathetic! honestly, i don't know why i have such trouble, but i do. i just can't get it together to pack a box. there are boxes all over my dining room, there's stuff that i never got into a box and the one thing i really wanted to send still didn't fit into one dang box that is in this house, even on an angle. oh well....at least i got this done before october ended!!!!! in any event, i sure hope you enjoy what i am sending.

on the flip side, i received my box from shirley today chock full of a wonderful assortment of plants, NONE of which i have, some bulbs and lilies. some thanksgiving items - potholders and a pilgrim boy and a pilgrim girl candle holders, a pad of "october" paper and a goodie bag filled with halloween treats. shirley, thank you so very much. i have things in water ready to get planted tomorrow.

it rained here most of the day and when it ended, the air was just so muggy. i wanted to put the air on, but instead stuck a fan in the window. bring winter on!!!!!

have a great day everyone.
    maryanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

good morning everyone.

shirley, i'm so sorry. i totally forgot to mention the frame. i had put it up on a shelf already and noticed it late last night. I LOVE IT.....right up my alley.

hope everyone has a great day. i'm heading up the mountains for a few days of much needed R&R.

maryanne

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Afternoon all!
    I just received my box from Laura!!
    Here we go....

~a gorgeous card!...Did you make this yourself?
    ~Seeds: Poppy: Bambast Rose, Red Poppy, Catnip, Poppy:Peony: Red, Mammoth Sunflower, Mexican Sunflower, Zinnia: Giant Mix, Pansy's: Swiss Giant and a Perennial Wildflower Mix

And she labeled and wrapped up individual gift baggies:
    The tags are
    ~~~When it gets cold... a little prevention, a little cure~~~
    in it: Fruity Cough Drops, Hand Sanitizer and Lip Balm

~~~~To stay toasty warm~~~~~~
    in it: Snowman coffee mug (adorable!), and a huge baggie of assorted teas, coffees, flavored creamers, hot cocoa and spiced cider!

~~~~The scents of Fall~~~~~~~
    in it: A gorgeous tart warmer, candles, and vanilla and cinnamon melts

and also in my box are:
    2 adorable scarecrow pot holders
    a beautiful black, white and gray hat (I'll be wearing this on Halloween!!...thank you! )
    FOR Taylor and Billy: 2 huge green apple SNAKE lollipops
    Michigan's Local Fudge: Rocky Road Fudge
    Ghost Suckers...I think these are white chocolate...yummy!
    FOR Apple and Kiwi (and possibly #3...don't ask) POUNCE Kitty Treats
    Lindor Chocolate Truffles...I have to admit these are already gone. :)
    Flashing Kitty Light...this is so cute!
    and last but not least
    Ghost and Pumpkin PEEPS

Laura, thank you so much for taking so much time on my box. Everything was labeled and wrapped so carefully. And I really don't know HOW you managed to get it all in that box?
    And a big THANK YOU for not sending me any plants :)...its cold, rainy, windy as all get out today...and tomorrow its only going to hopefully 50.

Have a Thursday night all...The Great Pumpkin is on tonight! Yeah, Charlie Brown! This cartoon is a tradition that my DH and myself watched when we were little and now our kids watch it every year.***it just makes you smile***:)
    vina

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Hi All,
    I just got home from the Breast Cancer Rainbow Bridge(Bridge in Niagara Falls that goes to Canada) event. It was a cold windy night for the event. I wish it had been yesterday! I took pictures of the Falls being lit up pink. Hopefully I got a good pic.
    Anyway, I had to come and tell of the box I got from Annie! It was loaded with stuff. It was called "a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a lot of ???" I think the ??? was chocolate and other vices, and I don't mind at all, lol.
    There was(I hope I got it all):
    little Halloween chocolate bars and starbursts
    regular size candy bars
    Large chocolate bars
    Corn nuts - I love these and I haven't had them in ages
    2 big bags of flavored coffee(another vice I like)
    big coffee mug decorated with chili peppers
    peat pellets
    plant markers
    seed envelopes
    Homemade Blackberry Jam(I'm assuming made by Annie)
    lip gloss - anotherone of my vices!
    Berry Kiss Body Butter- it smells great
    pot holders that match my kitchen
    a pink chip clip
    Oxalis adenophylla bulbs
    and last but not least Allium azureum bulbs!

Thank you very much Annie!! : )

Dottie,
    I did make the pepper jam, and I'm glad it is something you like!

Vina,
    Snow?! None here yet thankfully. I know it won't be long though.

Got to go Project Runway is on!
    Remy

• veeja11
    13 years ago

I received 6 beautifull asiatic lilies from B&D lilies today sent by Bunny can't remember which swap they are from, had forgotten all about them so they were a wonderful suprise. Thankyou Bunny, you shouldn't have. I love them. if it would stop raining I would plant them. one is named pookie which is what dh and I call each other. thankyou so much I love them. hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

My "party" arrived - and just in time for Halloween!!!
    Thanks, Heidi. It was a very well thought out box and just filled with things. I hope I remember most of it. First of all there is some candy (yum), and then some gourds, some very pretty fabric, tiger lilies, red and yellow tulips, Tahiti daffodils (I totally love daffodls!), Halloween socks, a fall basket, and a flower pot filled with seeds. The seeds are unusual ones and I didn't already have them.
    The theme was "the colors of fall" and I think she got them all in there. Thanks so much and Happy Halloween!
    Jeanne

• lilangel181
    13 years ago

Happy Halloween!
    Vina, so glad you like everything. I did design the card myself, but didn't do the printing. As for getting it all to fit inside? Someone once called me a packing ninja! I wasn't sure how old your little ones were, but got the feeling they were pretty young still, so OF COURSE I had to put some Halloween goodies in for them too.

What is everyone going as for Halloween? I'm doing Renaissance, complete with pantaloons, a corset and a big feathered musketeer-ish hat! I promise to post any pictures.
    ~Laura

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Remy...glad you liked your party box!

What fun boxes everyone is receiving!

Off to the garden...Happy Halloween!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

UPDATE

HARVEST MOON - DOTTIE (Remy) RECEIVED
    PUMPKINS AND SPICE MAKE FALL NICE - HEIDI (Dottie) RECEIVED
    OCTOBER'S TRICKS AND TREATS - MARYANNE (Shirley) RECEIVED
    POLISH AMERICAN HERITAGE - LAURA (Jeanne) RECEIVED
    A LITTLE BIT OF THIS, AND A LITTLE BIT OF THAT, AND A LOT OF ???????????? - REMY (Annie) RECEIVED
    FRIGHTFULLY FALL - VINA (Laura) RECEIVED
    THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT - SHIRLEY (Vina) RECEIVED
    THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - ANNIE (Maryanne)SENT
    COLORS OF FALL - JEANNE (Heidi) RECEIVED

so, it looks like annie will be last to receive (i did get it mailed before the month ended, but it doesn't look like you'll get until november) . in any event, i hope you enjoy it.

everyone's boxes were wonderful. thanks to all for playing this month.

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Annie, I'm so sorry, I should have posted tracking so you have an update. I just looked, it's in California, not sure why it's taking so long...the tracking number is
    0303 2460 0000 6813 0431
    maybe tomorrow. thank God, nothing perishable.

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Maryanne,

No reason to apologize!! It will get here! Looking forward to it! Thanks again for hosting! A very fun swap!

Happy election day...

Annie

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

hey annie, i'm watching this package and for three days it's stuck in a place called bell, ca. i hope soon. i can't understand this.

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

thank goodness this was finally delivered on friday. it was beginning to really worry me and i don't understand why it took this long.

• dan_the_mailman
    13 years ago

Maryanne, I just took a look at the history of that package and saw that it spent 3 days at the sorting facility. Something was going on there to cause it to stay put for so long. The only reason I can think of is there was something wrong with the package itself. Could there have been something leaking out of it? a liquid? or some type of powder? Did they need to open it to check the contents maybe? I doubt that your local post office will be able to tell you anything, but it would be interesting to know the answer, don't you think?
    Take care!
    -Dan

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Maryanne,

I have been gone for a few days. Just got home and found your box....safe and sound. I wanted you to know it was really here! Let me take care of a few things around here that need my attention pronto and then I will pour myself a glass of vino and open it!!!!!
    The box is intact. There does not appear to be any damage from a liquid...no holes etc......It does not appear that it has been opened.
    I will check back later. Thanks Maryanne....so looking forward to my Sunday Party Box...LOL!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

dan, i was so wondering the same thing. i still need to talk to the post office, there's nothing priority about that box whatsoever. i never tracked a box that spent a few days at the same place and find it strange. glad to see that annie said it arrived and intact.

annie, i'm just so happy it finally got to you. i'm so very sorry it took this long and i'll tell ya, if there had been plants in there, i'd be crying a river!!!!!

maryanne

• earthlydelights
    Original Author
    13 years ago

i should have mentioned that i mailed three packages that day and the two others got theirs in two days. this one, i can't figure it out!

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Maryanne,

I am finally here this morning, without the glass of wine.
    I apologize for not getting on last night to report my fantastic findings.

I received the most WONDERFUL box! Maryanne's theme, "These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things".........
    Each item was wrapped with a little note...so very nice!
    *A very nice card
    *Penzeys Spice catalogue
    *Penzeys Cinnammon
    *Iron Chef unseasoned Panko
    *Wonderful caramels...did you make????
    *A box of Ball canning lids and bands
    *A vintage canning jar with powdered pectin........COOL!
    *Tags/metal holders to tag plants. Great idea using these for swap plants!
    * Several packages of cellophane holiday party gift bags...Halloween, Valentines, Christmas, anything goes....
    *Zucchini Relish...I know you made this! I will be in to this tonight!!
    *A lovely canvas lunch tote
    *Tuscan style bread dipping herbs...(I love this stuff) with a dipping bowl!!
    *Fall note cards
    *Garden gloves
    *A little tote for whatever...have got my gloves and pruners tucked in here
    *Three books on CD...Fern Michaels "Pretty Woman" and "Hey, Good Looking", and Nora Roberts "Carolina Moon".....I have not read these!!!! i love books on tape/CD.
    *Little Pig Onion and Bacon Dip Mix....yum!
    *Paper coin envelopes for seeds
    *A book, "The 100 Best Small Towns in America".....oh my goodness!!! How did you know???? My husband and I have been on our quest to find the best place to live in America for years and years. Did I mention this in my OBF bio??? My husband saw this and laughed his tail off!!
    *Greenhouse with 36 peat pellets

Maryanne, I can not thank you enough. These are a few of my favorite things as well. A perfect October party!!

Happy Monday!

Annie